Mini 885 - Boom, Game Gutshot/Abandoned by Mod!

Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Seregil »

/confirm
I don't care, it's not my fault, I don't regret a single thing.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:59 am

Post by Seregil »

vote magister
. The name caught my eye because I just finished a book with someone known as the Magister in it.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Seregil »

Is that written in code?
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Seregil »

No. I just have no idea what that post was supposed to mean. :?:
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:35 am

Post by Seregil »

A_Squirrel wrote: @Seregil: What do you think of 5cvm's claims of people being scum and his vote switching?
I missed this earlier...

I think some of 5cvm's posts are incomprehensible. His claims at this point on the game? Could be just trying to see what the accused reactions are or deliberately causing confusion.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Seregil »

TheButtonmen wrote:A) I think we should stop all speculation about a jester.
B) Question @
Seregil
any thoughts on
Xvart
so far?
I didn't notice anything scummy about xvart's posts. Maybe I just read them differently than Confid and Chibo, but I found their questioning of xvart slightly strange (e.g. Confid claiming xvart was jester hunting by merely raising the possibility and Chibo "not liking xvart's replies")

For the record I would be surprised if there were a Jester given that this is a mini-normal game.
TheButtonmen wrote: Even if there was a jester I would rather play smart and get a nonexclusive win then play badly and lose.
I tend to agree. So what if someone gets a solo win along with a town win? I consider it tied for first and not first and second place. If someone does a good job to get a solo win then I appreciate the effort.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Seregil »

Agreed rite. I was speaking of the general case.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Seregil »

First,
unvote
as it was a random vote.

I'll follow up on my last post. Of Confid and Chibo I find Chibo more suspicious. When I last made notes he said (p3 somewhere) "I don't like xvart's replies."

I didn't find anything wrong with them so maybe Chibo was trying to make xvart seem more suspicous at a time where he was being questioned by others.

Vote Chibo

ChiboSempai wrote:The fact that it's an alt account for someone else possibly just used to mess around is interesting (and it really pisses me off if that is true)
Agreed on the pissing off. I want to vote for him just 'cause.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Seregil »

ConfidAnon wrote: What was your reasoning behind singling out the two of us?
As I said in my post I thought Chibo seemed more suspicious. Therefore I voted for him. Should I vote for the person I found less suspicious?

By your logic it sounds like one should not find more than one person suspicious at a time. That would be silly because there are more than one mafia.
rite wrote: Seregil, who is the "him" here? Chibo or 5c?
5cvx for the style of play.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Seregil »

I have already stated why I found them suspicious and even said I was following up on my last post where I said it.

Here is the post again bolded for the relevant part:

Seregil wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:A) I think we should stop all speculation about a jester.
B) Question @
Seregil
any thoughts on
Xvart
so far?
I didn't notice anything scummy about xvart's posts. Maybe I just read them differently than Confid and Chibo, but I found their questioning of xvart slightly strange (e.g. Confid claiming xvart was jester hunting by merely raising the possibility and Chibo "not liking xvart's replies")

For the record I would be surprised if there were a Jester given that this is a mini-normal game.
TheButtonmen wrote: Even if there was a jester I would rather play smart and get a nonexclusive win then play badly and lose.
I tend to agree. So what if someone gets a solo win along with a town win? I consider it tied for first and not first and second place. If someone does a good job to get a solo win then I appreciate the effort.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Seregil »

xvart wrote:I don't see what the big deal about Seregil's comment
I don't either. Perhaps instead of looking at Chibo and Confid I should be looking at Chibo and hito?

Aran - now that there has been a replacement perhaps an unvote is in order.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Seregil »

ConfidAnon wrote:
hitogoroshi, 162 wrote:Why is it only between those two players?
Exactly.
This is the strangest argument I've seen in about 20 games without a doubt. One can find 1 or 3 people suspicious but not 2. Talking about weak arguments...
ConfidAnon wrote:
Post 163 - So you find us suspicious because you disagree with us? That is an extremely weak reason imo.

Unvote, Vote: Seregil

I've been wondering why you didn't talk about my reasons being weak before (instead inventing your dichotomy theory) ??? They are. Considering that it is day 1 and at the time there were only 5 pages or so what did you expect? However the reactions to my post have been very useful
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by Seregil »

ConfidAnon wrote:Setting up a dichotomy is scummy.
I only have 1 vote so I have to pick one. Again you are essentially saying that you can't discuss two people as being scummy because then you are scummy. You
both
were questioning xvart when I found nothing really questionable about his posts. Therefore I felt I had to pick one of you and I did.
ConfidAnon wrote:2. The ChiboSempai vote was only for reactions and to progress conversation away from jesters. I voted him because he was active, and therefore a vote that would likely spark some discussion.
ConfidAnon wrote:I expected a genuine scumtell, or at least some semblance of one.
Really? That's funny. You just said you voted for Chibo
to get a reaction
. Where is the scumtell in that vote??? You should really try to follow your own logic.

Your posts (Confid) have been the ones that are useful to me. First in reaction to my post and now in reaction to Humble's question. I'm really thinking of voting for Confid.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Seregil »

ConfidAnon wrote: No I'm not. I could care less if you suspect me or not, but you mentioned two players, then said one is scummier. Your post set up a dichotomy. If it was between 5cvm and, oh I don't know, Aranfan, I'd still have a problem with it.
The dichotomy was created because you and Chibo were both questioning xvart when I felt there was no reason for it. I merely pointed it out. If you were both scum trying to build a case on someone then it is very relevant to point that out.

5cvm and Aranfan is not a relevant example because at no time have they been doing to same thing in the game (thank goodness!) and therefore I wouldn't have brought them up in the same post.

ConfidAnon wrote:Hmmm . . . why not vote me? I'm fairly certain I don't have any votes, and if you find me scummy (translation: OMGUS), what's the point of not voting? The last bit of your post sounds like you testing the waters to see if you could get a bandwagon going on me reasonably. Your getting scummier and scummier.
My vote on Chibo was 2 days after I first pointed out why I thought you two were suspicious so the fact that I didn't vote you yet is no departure from that. Also there is no deadline so I don't feel any pressure to vote. I suppose I could have unvoted but then Chibo only has one vote and is in no danger of being voted out. And if it did turn out you were both scum then a vote for either is fine.

P.S. OMGUS means a retaliatory vote for no reason other then being voted for. I have given reasons over several posts so a vote for you would not be OMGUS. Are you trying, in advance, to diminish the impact of a vote for you by dismissing it as OMGUS?
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Seregil »

hitogoroshi wrote:Why are we not voting 5cvm. To everyone not voting 5cvm: What are you waiting for, exactly?
Because I don't think he is scum at the moment.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #15) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Seregil »

Humble Poirot wrote:
@Seregil.
Can you look back at my first post and answer my question?
Yes - below.
Humble Poirot wrote:
Seregil wrote:I don't either. Perhaps instead of looking at Chibo and Confid I should be looking at Chibo and hito?
why? Do you plan to follow up on Chibo? Don't you have any other questions for him?
1. The point about looking at hito too was because he posted this:
hitogoroshi wrote:Confid's got a good point and you're avoiding it. You said you thought out of Chibo/Confid you found chibo more suspicious, but why the dichotomy? Why is it only between those two players?
I found Confid's logic on this point bizarre and then someone else jumps in to agree with it. Therefore I began to wonder about hito.

2. I already did follow up on Chibo by voting him.

3. I don't think I have any other questions for him now.
Humble Poirot wrote:
Seregil wrote:Also there is no deadline so I don't feel any pressure to vote.
Dont you think votes are useful? They serve the purpose of pressure and they clearly define who you're accusing.
Yes, but I already have a vote cast and didn't feel I needed to change it at the time.
Humble Poirot wrote:
@Seregil
, are you saying that 2 people that are fighting on day 1 are scum together? Why cant they be town against scum? Why can't it be town against town?
They could be any of the options you present. I decided to explore one of them.

The person I am now most suspicious of is hito. I said above that I didn't like him joining in on Confid's "dichotomy" theory. I also don't like that he is pushing to lynch 5cvm. At the moment I feel 5cvm is not likely scum.
If
that is true then at least he has made it so that there is a smaller group of people who could be scum. Granted, it would be nice if he added more.

Unvote

Vote: Hito
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (isolation #16) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:17 am

Post by Seregil »

A_Squirrel wrote:
Seregil wrote: I found Confid's logic on this point bizarre and then someone else jumps in to agree with it. Therefore I began to wonder about hito.
Again, why'd you drop Confid?

Because Confid is my second most suspicious now after hito. hito's push on 5cvm is the thing that I don't like most of all.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Seregil »

Sorry, I've had a busy Mon/Tues. I've read all the posts but won't post until this evening after doing a bit of a re-read.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Seregil »

hito - your explanations of policy lynching since I voted makes sense of why you voted 5cvm. I must admit I haven't encountered a discussion it before. So far where I usually play mafia I haven't seen any plays/players where policy lynching would have been needed.

unvote hito

Now I have to decide to agree with your argument.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”