U.N. Owen
U.N. Owen
Townie
U.N. Owen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by U.N. Owen »

Well, good evening to my fellow players! My name is unimportant at the moment. I would very much like to kill each and every one of you, slowly and painfully. However, I have not been given the names of the Mafia, so I am forced to work with the Town to eliminate the would-be killers. I will not place a random vote.
kikuchiyo wrote:Actually, random voting is meant to be a pro-town action. By random voting each player "randomly" commits to the "lynch" of another player. By doing so we all begin our "voting record" which later becomes one of the most tangible pieces of evidence that exists in the game of mafia. Whether or not the random voting stage is useful depends on many factors, however, scum have been known to give away partners or help confirm townies in the RVS in many games. Sometimes inexperienced or even experienced mafia will try to code messages in the RVS and later, after a confirmed scum flip, this information can prove to be invaluable. It is considered anti-town to not participate as if you later flip scum it leaves us that much less information to investigate. Townies should always submit to investigative processes. Does that make sense? That is at least how I have come to understand it.
However, I find this one of the best explainations of the Random Voting Stage I have seen in quite some time!

Pleasant dreams,

U.N. Owen
[ooc]"Owen? Did you say Owen?"
"Yes."
"I've never met any one called Owen in my life."[/ooc]
U.N. Owen
U.N. Owen
Townie
U.N. Owen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:03 am

Post by U.N. Owen »

JereIC wrote:
Netopalis wrote:Well, to explain Owen's post, there's a character in the Agatha Christie novel named U.N. Owen who talks much like he does....
That makes more sense. I'm guessing that he's doing it for fun (personally speaking, I once spent a month writing emails to friends in the style of John Hodgman's blog "Good Evening") but it could be some sort of alt/anti-meta strategy (basically assuming a new personality for each game). Either way, it's a null tell at the moment.

UN, do you intend to post anything out of character?
Exactly what might you mean by...out of character?
Darkstrike_11 wrote:
Crypto wrote: Wagon on Owen, please.
Ahem….*in keira knightley’s voice* WHAT ARE THE CHARGES?

Seriously, reasons for why we should wagon?

Oooh questions, I nearly forgot. Although sufficient discussion has already been generated, could everyone answer these questions please?

1. How many games of mafia have you played?
2. Do you prefer Mafia or Town roles?
3. What is your favourite power role to have?
4. What is your opinion on crypto’s call for a wagon this early in the game?
Ah, Pirates of the Caribbean. A favorite.

1. 5 or 6 on this site.
2. Mafia. I prefer to have someone I can trust.
3. Good question! ... Very good indeed. I haven't the foggiest!
4. My opinion is that he should be further investigated.
Netopalis wrote:Ecto, you're right, I apologize - I meant to say Crypto. I also agree that if Owen doesn't post content he should be lynched - the usual tells still apply.
I agree.
crypto wrote:
Unvote. Vote: malpascp.
To adopt your style,
Vote: crypto

Mr.Jester wrote:
Netopalis wrote:For the record, I think it's a really bad idea to lynch U N Owen just because he talks funny. That may just be the worst reason for a lynch I've heard.
The case isn't that he talks funny but rather he says things that are very scummy.
I have made one post. Have I said anything that I percieve as scummy? No.
crypto wrote:*sigh*

Let me ask you guys something: Do scum often go out of their way to switch votes without reason? How does it not occur to you that I'm
trying to get something done
when I do that? Especially when I give a blatantly obvious response to JereIC in post 59. There's such a thing as fishing for reactions. Voting without presenting an argument is a shoddy reason to jump on someone. It takes the pressure off Malpascp—who, if he's mafia, will probably feel the need to come up with a pitch-perfect reaction—and dumps it on me. Well done.

If I want to wagon someone, I'm going to say so. I did so before, with Owen. Please don't be blind.

[otherbs]
ConfirmVote: Crypto

This defense (reaction fishing) is the EXACT defense I have used in the past when I was scum who realized that he had made a dumb move. Nice try.
"Yes."
U.N. Owen
U.N. Owen
Townie
U.N. Owen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:16 am

Post by U.N. Owen »

crypto wrote:
This defense (reaction fishing) is the EXACT defense I have used in the past when I was scum who realized that he had made a dumb move. Nice try.
Number one, townies do this all the time. Myself included.

Number two, you'll have to link that experience or it isn't worth crap.
This may be difficult...
"Yes."
U.N. Owen
U.N. Owen
Townie
U.N. Owen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:37 am

Post by U.N. Owen »

crypto wrote:Also, you just applied a personal tell to someone else. That's bad.
I disagree. But this is a discussion for another time.
"Yes."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”