JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:44 am

Post by JereIC »

crypto wrote:Darkstrike's dislike of RVS is well documented. Case closed. I support lynching him for something else, though.
Checking through his previous games, I only found two in which he expressed an interest in doing the question route - Newbie 833 and Mini 834. Prior to that he did RVS, but got the question idea from Thesp in Newbie 792. I didn't see any posts where he expressed a dislike of RVS. And ecto's point remains - if he's a proponent of asking questions instead of RVS, why didn't he ask some questions?

Also, what do you mean by "I support lynching him for something else, though"?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:00 am

Post by JereIC »

Netopalis wrote:Well, to explain Owen's post, there's a character in the Agatha Christie novel named U.N. Owen who talks much like he does....
That makes more sense. I'm guessing that he's doing it for fun (personally speaking, I once spent a month writing emails to friends in the style of John Hodgman's blog "Good Evening") but it could be some sort of alt/anti-meta strategy (basically assuming a new personality for each game). Either way, it's a null tell at the moment.

UN, do you intend to post anything out of character?[/url]
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:29 am

Post by JereIC »

Also, I'll be on V/LA from October 30th to November 2nd.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:58 am

Post by JereIC »

1. Six since I came back to the site this year. Maybe 20 from 2003 to 2005.
2. Town. I suck as mafia.
3. I really enjoy playing docs when I have the chance.
4. It seems that he's seeking a wagon on anybody at this point, and UN is the most recent target. In the past, I was concerned about this behavior, but recently have seen these random wagons actually produce results. So, I think he's employing a successful, pro-town strategy.
Darkstrike_11 wrote:
Crypto wrote:
Darkstrike wrote:Ahh I didn’t see that as a joke. I haven’t played with crypto before, so I didn’t recognise this!
Darkstrike wrote:4. I didn't really like it, it seemed cold and sudden, without reasoning.
So you change your mind and say I was joking (I wasn't, by the way), but then pin "cold," "sudden," and "without reasoning" on me?
I thought it was cold sudden and without reasoning, hence I wrote "seemed". However other people told me it was a joke, so I henceforth took it to be so. My answer to question 4 was my own view of the comment, not others view.
Why would believe other people who say he's joking? For all you know, they're his scum buddies trying to cover for him.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:53 am

Post by JereIC »

Welcome AFC!
crypto wrote:Because I'm mafia
trying
to look scummy with an unexplained vote switch.

Or, because [reason reserved].
Are you hoping to get somebody to join the malpascp wagon? If so, quit being cutesy and give a reason for people to vote him. If not, why are you voting him?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #90 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by JereIC »

crypto wrote:*sigh*

Let me ask you guys something: Do scum often go out of their way to switch votes without reason?

Not often, but sometimes, and town does it less often in my experience.
crypto wrote:How does it not occur to you that I'm
trying to get something done
when I do that? Especially when I give a blatantly obvious response to JereIC in post 59.
I asked about your vote in post 63. I'm assuming you mean someone else.
crypto wrote:There's such a thing as fishing for reactions. Voting without presenting an argument is a shoddy reason to jump on someone. It takes the pressure off Malpascp—who, if he's mafia, will probably feel the need to come up with a pitch-perfect reaction—and dumps it on me. Well done.
I wouldn't buy the fishing explanation in most situations, and especially not here, where you say you were fishing for reactions, and got them (yay plan worked!) but started your post with "sigh." Your reaction is inconsistent with your story.

And now I'm away!
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #153 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:06 am

Post by JereIC »

I post from the land beyond V/LA (aka my phone)!

Crypto, have you tried reaction fishing before? If so, can you link to the thread?

Neta, the problem with your argument is that whether or not an attack is justified, we don't know whether it's genuine or not. Townies can make crap attacks they honestly believe, and scum can make very nuanced attacks based on voting patterns that they know to be wrong. In the case you provided, the solution is to push harder on the guy, so he doesn't come out smelling like roses, not to declare the mode of attack itself scummy. That said, who do you think is scum?

Mod:
do you mean November 10?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #211 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by JereIC »

Unvote

Apologies for the slightly extended V/LA. I'm running a little short on time, so I'm just going to post to respond to the folks who asked me questions (sorry if I missed anyone).

Walrus: Mostly laziness, but he was lurking enough to make him a decent first day lynch target too. Now that we've got a more active replacement, I feel ok unvoting.

Crypto: Of the people in your list, I find AFC and Gyro scummiest. Haven't seen much of AFC since he replaced in, and Gyro I can't make sense of. Of the people off your list, I'd say Neto is a bit scummy too, maybe between AFC and Gyro.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #231 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:16 am

Post by JereIC »

I've put more effort into reading Gryo's posts, and I'm liking them less and less. In 172:
Gryo wrote:I play like that sometimes, especially on day one. Considering the current arguments don't involve me I really can't jump into them, nor would I want to.
But I don't wanna be inactive or considered a lurker so I must give that generic commentary type posts
until I can really get involved in something which has been hard considering the entire game thus far has been based on arguing on mafia play methods and such, which I'm not accustomed to.
The bolded part seems like a defense of active lurking. While I can sympathize with not having much to say, the idea that you've got to post generic commentary to not appear to be lurking is pretty scummy.

In 195:
Gryo wrote:
stronger fos

actually, I dislike stalling.

vote: Netopalis

Didn't wanna vote considering it looks like I did it because you accused me but remember it's only because I called you out. So yeh.
This part is strange. If you're going to vote the guy, why post an FOS two lines before? If you were going to FOS him, but then changed your mind before posting, why not just delete the FOS line? It looks like an act.

In 209, Gryo responds to xvart's post, and then:
Gryo wrote:After reading this mega-post I honestly don't see where you're coming from with this vote. It's been seemingly a sum-up of my play and you not liking it.

You said you don't think I'm necessarily mafia followed by saying one of my joke posts where I rhymed a sentence screams scum.

You said I was a lurker and someone who gave vague info then began attacking all my comments which related to in-depth gameplay.

It's hard to take you seriously with you flipping your words every chance you get.

From the looks of it this
seems like a attempt to back up Netopalis.
I don't like him bringing Neto into the argument (bolded part). Charitably, it looks like a scumbuddy theory without knowing that Neto is scum in the first place. Cynically, it looks like an attempt to divert attention back to the big suspect of the day, Neto.

In post 226:
Gryo wrote:Post 217 is pointless. I did make a post before the prod, thus I said you were wrong. Didn't have to go PROVE yourself.
It's pretty obvious Xvart knew about Gryo's previous posts - he even quoted the "dry humping" comment from one of them. The fact that Gryo's pushing this point, even though Xvart clarified himself in 217, looks like a willful misrepresentation of what Xvart said, and therefore scummy.

Vote: Gryo
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #232 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:16 am

Post by JereIC »

EBWOP: Where's AFC?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #234 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:13 am

Post by JereIC »

malpascp wrote:Not here
Your last post was 10/31, and you have only two words to contribute? You seriously need to replace out of a few of your 7 games.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #241 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:56 am

Post by JereIC »

malpascp wrote:This post had 5 words happy now?
For five words, you could have at least said "I think <
insert dude of choice
> is scum."
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #282 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by JereIC »

kikuchiyo wrote:
Currently liking
these four
:

Netapolis
Mr.Jester
Malpascp
Xvart

I think that's the order I'd lynch them. Neto will be getting an iso anlysis soon, but Gyro makes a good point about his recent "misrep", and I can't place it, but
Gyro is reading the most town out of these four
so the attacks on him seem scummy.
See the underlined parts. Gyro is not among the "these four" you identified. Can you clarify what you mean?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #390 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:44 am

Post by JereIC »

I apologize, I've had computer troubles at home over the weekend. If it doesn't get fixed this week, I'll ask for a replacement.

I like the Jester vote, especially since he's seem to disappear as soon as people started voting him.

Unvote; Vote: Mr.Jester

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”