Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:40 am

Post by Messiah »

milkshake wrote:Personally, I'm more interested in why an apparently innocent fellow such as Peabody annoys you. :wink:
Why is he apparently innocent?
unvote, vote: milkshake
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Messiah »

Sposh wrote:
Vote: Messiah
for jumping on CoCo's post 64 without really adding anything or questioning it.
Why did you single me out when CooLDoG and CoCo did the exact same thing? As for why I didn't add to or question CoCo's post; there's not really anything to add other than the fact that I agree. Why would I
question
a comment that I agree with?
milkshake wrote:Heh, why wouldn't he be apparently innocent?
Can you make clear the definition of "apparently" you're using? I originally assumed the
plainly; clearly; obviously
definition.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Messiah »

milkshake wrote: On the surface; alledgedly; visibly.
Ah, doesn't sound quite as bad when you define it that way.
unvote

milkshake wrote: Wait, CoCo can't jump on his own post! ^^
That question was directed at Sposh, not CoCo.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Messiah »

Would you explaining what you mean, Sposh?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Messiah »

EBWODP: Would you mind explaining what you mean, Sposh?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote: What you're "agreeing" with is the statement that "this stands out", which has almost zero content to it. I would expect to see some sort of question or accusation go along with this.
Yes, I agree that it stood out; and I did ask a question to go along with it.
charlatan wrote: It looks a bit like borrowing someone else's soft suspicion and running with it, getting called on it, and then backpedaling with 'oops, I mistook the definition of the word.'
I wasn't backpedaling, I legitimately misinterpreted what milkshake meant due to the word having more than one common meaning. Is the sentence you put in apostrophes suppose to be some kind of paraphrase?

@Hoopla: Why are you sure I'm scum?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Messiah »

He isn't the first one that pointed out that phrase, that would be NAW in post 45. Mind answering the question I asked you in post 72?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Messiah »

@Milkshake: I hopped on a 1(0, according to the incorrect vote count) vote bandwagon?

@Sposh: I asked you to explain a statement you made that doesn't make sense, it isn't rhetorical or loaded.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Messiah »

@milkshake: In that case, what's scummy about a 2 vote bandwagon on the first person who said anything suspicious during the RVS?

As for Hoopla's information, I know that she's lying. If you're just going to take her word for it I'm not sure how I can convince you otherwise.

vote: Hoopla
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Messiah »

Peabody wrote: What is Hoopla lying about?
Having information no one else has for why "we ought to be voting messiah".
Peabody wrote: Messiah, you pushed a case on milkshake with a vote. This makes me believe that you didn't just misinterpret his wording.
The entire "case" I had against him was just that one sentence. I misinterpreted what he meant in that sentence, therefore the entire case was based on a misinterpretation, which is why I unvoted.
Peabody wrote: Next, your vote was not the same thing that cooldog and coco did. Coco didn't vote. CooLDog voted after you.
Yes, you're correct.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Messiah »

Sposh wrote:Because of his hypocrisy in voting me. The reasons he used were such a double-standard, I just think either he has to be scum or scum was on that wagon...
Please point out where I voted for you.
charlatan wrote:I don't consider you to have really asked a question. You did in a technical sense but were basically echoing the question that was already on the table from when NAW asked about it.
It may have already been on the table but milkshake hadn't given it a real answer at that point.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Messiah »

@Sposh: How was my reason a double-standard?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Messiah »

@Sposh: Stop ignoring my questions.

@AlmasterGM: I won't be claiming unless there's more requests for me to do so; mainly due to the fact that most of my wagon is based on some "information" that either doesn't exist or isn't as conclusive as Hoopla seems to be implying.
charlatan wrote:Hoopla's "code" isn't the reason the bandwagon is there at all. It's a contributing factor, but Sposh and I both voted before Hoopla, for reasons stated in the thread.
I've been put at L-1 and asked to claim because of Hoopla's code. Your and Sposh's "case" certainly weren't the driving factor. Neither of you have given convincing reasons as to why I would be a good lynch, even to the point of some parts of your cases being completely untrue and/or nonsensical.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Messiah »

I'm getting tired of Sposh ignoring me, let's try bold.

@Sposh:
I have two questions I want you to answer. Ignoring me will not make me forget about them.

1.) You've accused my vote on milkshake of being a double-standard. How is that so?

2.) It's been two pages since you declared how great of a lynch I am. Has that changed? If so, why? If not, why are you not voting me?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Messiah »

@AlmasterGM: Why are you so eager to lynch me?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote: It seemed like an easy way to run with CoCo's ball and still get that cozy first-on-the-bandwagon spot.
CoCo wasn't the first one to mention it and I wasn't the first one on the wagon, either.
charlatan wrote: they were not talking about in-game alignment but rather personality traits, and voting based on it was scummy and easy. Do you have an actual response to this, or will you just continue to say it's nonsense?
Don't put words in my mouth, at no point have I said this point was nonsense. But yes, looking at it now I understand that it wasn't really game-related; at the time it stood out to me more than anything else that had been said all game, especially after he avoided answering NAW's question about it.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote:Which parts are completely untrue and nonsensical, to clarify for me?
When you said I should have asked a question to go along with my vote, or Sposh saying that my vote was scummy because it was a double-standard or when you both said I parroted CoCo, for example. I believe there were more odd/untrue things said as well. I do in fact follow your logic on some of the points, I'm not trying to pass off everything as completely ridiculous.
charlatan wrote:Honestly, I don't even consider myself to be pushing a case on you at all, but you make reference to one, so can you also summarize for me what you think my (and Sposh's, if it helps you) case is?
-Jumping on(Parroting?) CoCo(NAW?)
-Scummy/easy vote on something that was likely not even game-related.
-Backpedaling

Correct me if I'm wrong.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Messiah »

unvote
because I believe Hoopla when she says it was just a gambit. I'm not ruling out the possibility of it being a scum gambit but I see no reason to assume it was.

At this point my #1 suspect is AlmasterGM. NAW's post 268 rather accurately expresses some of the suspicions I've had for a while. Specifically how it feels like AlmasterGM is just trying to get any kind of lynch he can while contributing nothing.(I'll elaborate further in my own words if anyone wants me to.) In addition to what was already said, though, are a couple of things:

Firstly, his "CoCo is scum" stance is very adamant, though his only reason he has ever given was post 174's "he hasn't posted anything". It isn't clear weather he's more concerned with a lack of posts or a lack of content but that isn't very important to the point I'm trying to make. At the time of that post, "two open-ended questions that didn't go anywhere" was actually a larger contribution than he had made to the game.

His other suspects are Peabody and hiphop, which he again has never given a reason for suspecting. He even goes as far as to say peabody is scum in post 243. This pattern of never giving even the slightest reasoning as to why he suspects someone becomes much scummier once you realize that he hasn't even backed up his suspicions with a vote, and, in fact, he opted to keep his vote on me even after his only reason for voting me was revealed to be a lie.

Vote: AlmasterGM

I see that hiphop is at L-2. Is the entire case against him just the fact that he was defending me?

Also, for the record, I don't like CooLDoG at all, though I suspect he may act this way as town and scum. I plan on reading through his previous games a bit later.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Messiah »

AlmasterGM wrote: The irony of this post is incredible. Go iso your own posts. They follow the EXACT same pattern as mine. Good try at attempting to start a counter-bandwagon away from hiphop, though.
"You suck, go convince yourself that you're wrong" isn't a valid response to anything that I said.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Messiah »

@AlmasterGM: Why isn't the content in my post valid?

@Milkshake: Do you actually think I'm scum(my)?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Messiah »

@milkshake: What do you think of the possibility that hiphop was simply trying to play to his town meta(as he mentions in post 219), perhaps going a bit overboard in the process? Why wasn't this included in your possible scenarios in post 292?

@Hoopla: Why do you want to policy lynch today?

@Sposh: No, they shouldn't claim. There's other ways a no kill can occur, and even if a doc did block the kill he would have no way of knowing it.

I'm going to have limited access for a few days.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Messiah »

Empking wrote: Messiah, what are your thoughts on Milkshake.
Leaning town.

As for the policy lynching, while I'm not opposed to policy lynches in general, I think we should lynch someone that we think is more likely than average to be scum at the moment.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Messiah »

EBWODP:

@Empking: Why weren't you voting D1?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Messiah »

I'm not voting?

vote: AlmasterGM

@NAW: No.

@milkshake: I asked you a question.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by Messiah »

Peabody wrote:Messiah..

You haven't said a word about Almaster on this day. Why do you think he's mafia?
I don't really understand what you're getting at. Is the case I made in post 273 somehow invalid now? I'll make a bullet point list/analysis of the main reasons I think he's scum once I have access to a computer.(Been posting from my phone for about a week now.)
milkshake wrote:The problem: town doesn't know who's town, unless they're lynched, and as I said, it was a low-risk wagon, and one that was unlikely to come to fruition at the time...
Which is where the "playing to his town meta" part comes in.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:38 am

Post by Messiah »

Peabody wrote:Because you voted on day 1, I'm assuming you still believe he is mafia. Has your case evolved or detracted at all?
I wouldn't say that it has evolved much, but he has continued the behavior that I found him suspicious for in the first place and his reactions to the pressure have been scummy.

Case on AlmasterGM
These are in no specific order.

• He calls CoCo and Peabody scum multiple times, says CoCo needs to die, etc, but has never voted them.

• His cases against CoCo and Peabody basically don't exist, but he acts like he has good, legitimate cases against them.

• Instead of voting for one of the two people he thinks are scum, he jumps on my wagon and tries to get me lynched quickly, without giving Hoopla a chance to clarify what "information" she had.

• He keeps his vote on me even after Hoopla revealed she was lying, despite only having voted me because of Hoopla's lie in the first place.

• At one point he starts saying he's "liking hiphop less and less", only to wait until his lynch becomes inevitable to hammer him.

• His response to the pressure on him was scummy.
His initial response to my case is here, where he basically says that I suck and should convince myself that I'm wrong.
He doesn't contribute or post anything more than one-liners until there's some pressure on him.

Empking, what do you think of AlmasterGM?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:26 am

Post by Messiah »

@Empking: Your vote didn't further the hiphop wagon at all; you voted him long before there was a wagon on him and never voted him again.

@milkshake: Who is your #2 suspect?

@mod: Prod/replace CoCo and NAW?

I'm working on it.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Messiah »

I don't see how you can justify saying that Hoopla tried to derail hiphop's wagon; as I recall she was instrumental in causing his lynch.

Sposh wrote: I also don't see why Alamaster has been forgotten about - as soon as he was in the spotlight, he went silent, and discussion moved on past him.
I haven't forgotten about him. While he has gone this long in-between posts before, the timing of it this instance is note-worthy.

@Peabody: Why aren't you voting? Who is the scummiest person in your opinion?

@CooLDoG: What kind of "action" do you mean?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Messiah »

AlmasterGM's case on Sposh is certainly legitimate, but neither that nor the Vanilla claim change anything for me.

Peabody wrote:The thing about Almaster is he is playing just like his meta. He was town in the game I played with him, and he still did one-liners. Everyone tended to see him as scummy.
I don't think anyone has voted Almaster for one-liners. Was there some other part of his meta you were referring to?
Empking wrote:Three questions. All serious.
1. Yes.
2. No.
3. No.

The reason I say that you can't really justify saying Hoopla tried to derail hiphop's bandwagon is simple: You're saying her gambit was an attempt to derail his wagon, but I don't believe he would have been lynched at all had it not been for that gambit.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #32) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Messiah »

EBWODP

@Empking: Why is CooLDoG scum?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Messiah »

Milkshake, how is a Vanilla claim reason to lynch someone?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #34) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Messiah »

unvote, vote: Sposh

I've had a gut scum read on Sposh for a while now, and his scummy reactions to even the most insignificant amount of pressure put it over the top for me. It's difficult in some instances to turn a gut read into a
good
case, but I feel fairly comfortable doing so at this point.

Case on Sposh• His part on my D1 wagon
Sposh wrote:I really think Messiah is a good lynch for today! Thought it would be nice to see the encrypted information too.
At this point his only stated reason is here. Shortly after being asked why I'm a good lynch for the day he expands on his reasoning here with a false statement; he later says he was confusing two of his games in this post. I've looked through his ISO in all of his other games and I can't find the words "double" or "standard" ever used in any of his posts, though I won't rule out the possibility that I'm just missing it.

• His interactions with hiphop(In addition to the below, I endorse AlmasterGM's points 1 and 2 here.)
Sposh wrote:So, hiphop, you're still voting on a gut feeling eight pages in?

Unvote, Vote: hiphop

How about some more content behind that vote, hm?
Just 4 of his posts(and two pages) after declaring how good of a lynch I am he votes for hiphop. This post feels off to me, like it's forced and isn't in-line with the tone/attitude of his other posts.

Rolefishing

Appeal to emotion

• Scummy responses to pressure

In this post:

He doesn't provide any defense against points 1/2/3/4 and instead makes an unresponsive statement, his defense against point 6 is simply to deny that the accusation is true even though it is, and I don't think even he understands his response to point 8.
Sposh wrote:I don't see how I can be getting suspicion for something hiphop does
This is a terrible defense and he probably knows it. Looking closely at interaction between confirmed scum and living players is a necessity.

Newb card here and here:
Sposh wrote:God, apparently I'm not even allowed to ask questions in order to understand the game better!
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Messiah »

Ftr, I'm still completely willing to lynch AlmasterGM.

@CooLDoG: Are you still willing to vote AlmasterGM if the Empking wagon doesn't pick up any momentum?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #36) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Messiah »

I apologize for not having posted the last few days, I've had no access to a computer and posting on my phone is a pain.

The case on CooLDoG is decent, and I considered most of the points brought up against him before voting Sposh, but I think Sposh is significantly more likely to be scum.

@Sposh: In post 510 you were going to decide between voting CooLDoG and Empking, what changed since then?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #37) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Messiah »

Sposh wrote:I meant, I'm torn between which one of them is scum. I still think one of CD/Emp is scum... but my feelings towards Messiah from yesterday still stand.
Seeing as you didn't answer when Almaster asked you, I'll ask you. Why am I the best lynch for today?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #38) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Messiah »

Hoopla wrote:Hey Messiah, what do you think about Empking's play so far?
I don't really like it. He basically lurked through D1, especially at the end; and while I still feel that saying your gambit was an attempt to derail the hiphop wagon is fairly rediculous, if he honestly thinks that I don't understand why he isn't voting you.

@Empking: It may just be because I'm tired, but I don't follow. Why do you presume Howard is claiming scum?

Also, Sposh's continuing refusal
to explain why I'm the best lynch is noted.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (isolation #39) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Messiah »

Looker, why did you change your vote?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:26 am

Post by Messiah »

Looker wrote: Why do you ask? Do you find my unvote anymore suspicious than Sposh's unvote?
I only ask because you didn't explain it at all, and no.
Hoopla wrote: REALLY need to hear again from Almaster, Sposh and Messiah.
What exactly are you looking to hear? If I'm willing to compromise or not? I certainly am, but the Sposh wagon is only one vote behind Empking's and I like it a lot more.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Messiah »

To be clear, I would rather switch to Empking than CooLDoG.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #42) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Messiah »

Can we lynch Sposh now?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #43) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:26 am

Post by Messiah »

I don't support a Looker lynch at this point; we really don't have enough from herself or NAW to get a reliable read.(Or I don't, at least.)
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #44) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Messiah »

Looker wrote:Aw, Peabody, how
towny
of you.
Heh, that's similar to what I was thinking while reading his post.

Looker, did you miss the part of the thread where Empking became confirmed town?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Messiah »

Why didn't you include flavor in your claim Almaster?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #46) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Messiah »

Looker, what are you asking the mod?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (isolation #47) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by Messiah »

I'd really like to vote Looker right now, but it appears that she's at L-1. She makes a far-fetched assumption to justify refusing to believe Empking is confirmed, and I can only see scum motivation for doing so.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (isolation #48) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Messiah »

lobstermania wrote:Note: Replacements did not receive the original role titles, nor were they informed about them.
HowardRoark wrote: When I replaced into this game my role PM included the flavored and standard role name.
What's going on here?

Looker wrote:What kind of scum motivation?
Scum don't want confirmed townies running around.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (isolation #49) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Messiah »

Milkshake wrote:I'm suprised scum would just up and lie like that, though.
As am I, but I don't know what else to think.
vote: HowardRoark

Empking, what are you thinking?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Messiah »

Looker: Stop voting confirmed town, it isn't helpful.

vote: peabody
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Messiah »

@charlatan: Why do you consider Peabody a bizarre vote? What do you make of Looker knowing the VT role name was "Town"?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (isolation #52) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Messiah »

Looker wrote:I don't see how the above confirms anything; he didn't verify knowledge of the Passive Astronaut role nor did he denounce it. He only stated confusion as to where Empking got the title from.
It seemed fairly clear to me that he intended to confirm the role name, though I suppose you're technically correct.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (isolation #53) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Messiah »

Hoopla wrote:I don't understand why Howard had to die - wasn't his flavour/role claim in stark contrast to Lookers? If so, why was he modkilled?
I don't understand why he was modkilled either, especially at the expense of our lynch for the day.
Hoopla wrote:Does this incriminate Looker?
I wouldn't think so. The mod confirmed that Looker didn't receive the flavored role PM.

As for my vote on Peabody, it's more gut than anything else.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (isolation #54) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Messiah »

The Mod wrote:Note: Replacements did not receive the original role titles, nor were they informed about them.
The Mod wrote:Upon review, HowardRoark did receive both role titles.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (isolation #55) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by Messiah »

It would be really nice to hear from Milkshake and Almastar, wouldn't it guys?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (isolation #56) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Messiah »

Hoopla, who do you think is scum?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (isolation #57) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by Messiah »

Also,
Looker wrote:Since you don't think I'm automatically scum for suspecting him, then he must be town.
What do you mean by that?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (isolation #58) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote:I've got Messiah as more likely scum since he's essentially a non-contributor that has not furthered cases on anyone thus far. He just chimes in with a rather meaningless question or comment every once in a while.
That's such a blatant mischaracterization of my play that I don't know what to say. If you're referring simply to today, then perhaps you're correct; I've been waiting for Milkshake and Almastar for the more part.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (isolation #59) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote:can you provide examples of situations where you have made a persuasive argument against another player that has not already been mentioned by another player in the game?
The first thing that comes to mind is my original case on AlmastarGM, found here. I'm fairly certain that the majority of the thoughts expressed in that post were original at the time.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (isolation #60) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Messiah »

I do find your summary quite unfair, actually. This part of the case was much more important to me at the time:
Messiah wrote:... This pattern of never giving even the slightest reasoning as to why he suspects someone becomes much scummier once you realize that he hasn't even backed up his suspicions with a vote, and, in fact, he opted to keep his vote on me even after his only reason for voting me was revealed to be a lie.

charlatan, did you read the post where I quoted the mod confirming that Looker hadn't received the flavored role pm?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (isolation #61) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote:He had actual debates with you and hiphop, even providing real reasons for his votes. The fact that he was making baseless accusations elsewhere does not invalidate his vote on you.
He might have had actual debates with hiphop, but he certainly didn't with me. His vote on me was simply because of Hoopla's gambit.
charlatan wrote:Secondly, he did vote Peabody in the beginning. It cannot be dismissed as an RVS vote that he stuck to because a) he made it clear he was serious and b) an RVS vote has about as much meaning as repeatedly saying someone is scum without providing evidence.
He voted Peabody during the RVS for "being annoying". While yes, he stated in that post that the vote "wasn't random", it certainly wasn't a "real" vote. He then goes on to unvote Peabody before expressing real suspicion of him and never votes him again.

1.) Yes.
2.) Yes.
2.5) No. (But a group of two players that she is a member of - the replacements - is specifically mentioned.)
3.) I can't really answer this question as it would be up to the mod to decide.

I have one question for you: What is misleading or left to interpretation in the following two statements?

1.) "The replacements(HowardRoark and Looker) did not receive the flavored role PMs."
2.) "Actually, HowardRoark did."
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (isolation #62) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Messiah »

Why do you think we only have a two person scum team?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (isolation #63) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote:The point is, he supplied a reason for that vote. Whether that's a scummy reason or not is another matter (for the record, I think it is), but other players also voted for that reason (milkshake comes to mind.)
That's true. My point, however, was that when his reason became completely invalidated(Hoopla revealed that she had no information) he left his vote on me while continuing to refer to multiple players as "scum".
charlatan wrote:I don't really see how this makes her more likely to be town at all
There may have been some kind of misconception here; I wasn't trying to use this as a reason for Looker to be confirmed town. I agree that it most likely isn't alignment indicative at all.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (isolation #64) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote:Then what is the point you're trying to make? Because it seems like that's exactly what you're shooting for.
My point was that we shouldn't find Looker suspicious for not having received her flavored role pm while HowardRoark did.
charlatan wrote:@Messiah: I am not here to dredge up a case from page 10 and try to argue every point against it. If you made the original point that he voted you too long, then that's swell, but one original point in a big case does not a heavy duty scumhunter make. I still say you've been going with the flow. It may be a matter of opinion that nobody shares with me, but I can read the pages leading up to any of your big case posts and feel those posts rising safely from the general tides of public opinion rather than making your own way at all.
Right, well, I'm certainly not claiming to have been the greatest scumhunter this game, but the insinuation that I've just gone along with popular opinion is simply incorrect.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (isolation #65) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by Messiah »

After I catch some sleep I'm going to re-read and attempt to pinpoint my gut read on Peabody; failing that I will reassess my vote. At this point I'd most likely vote Looker in the event that I unvoted Peabody.
charlatan wrote:I see the team as mostly likely Looker + yourself, Peabody, or Almaster in roughly that order, though I'm having a hard time with scum #2.
Did you inadvertently leave me off of this list, or has something changed since post 799?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (isolation #66) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Messiah »

After having re-read I feel that my gut feeling was heavily influenced by his sporadic disappearances and this post. I'd like to get Peabody's response before I say anything else.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (isolation #67) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Messiah »

Peabody wrote:I'm not really sure what you mean by sporadic disappearances, but yes, I have a crazy life over the past month or so. During this game, I have had my birthday, Thanksgiving, and a pretty sucky breakup with my exgirlfriend, I'm behind on homework, so MS hasn't been high on my list of things to do.
I couldn't find a reason to suspect any of the times you went without posting for 2-3 days were timed conveniently, so I mostly rescind this point.
Peabody wrote:As for the post you referred to, I understand how you come to the conclusion that I am trying to get 'town points'. My issue was over the span of 24 hours, CooLDoG went from L-5 to L-1. Many of the votes against CD were without explanation, so I hope why you can see why I believe scum used an opportunity to jump the bandwagon immediately after Empking was cleared. I was mostly concerned with Hoopla and Sposh's vote on Cooldog because it just seemed to come out of nowhere. I hope that answers your question, Messiah.
Yes, I'm fairly satisfied for now. I still don't like that post at all, but that can only go so far.
unvote

Does anyone feel there's a line of discussion we should resolve before ending the day? If not, I'm going to hammer Looker in my next post.(Mainly asking for the sake of Almaster and charlatan's on-going conversation with Looker)
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (isolation #68) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Messiah »

AlmasterGM wrote:
Looker wrote:Naah, it's dun.
unvote vote looker
omg you better not flip town.
Seriously.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (isolation #69) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Messiah »

Sorry for not having posted yet, had a busy weekend.

I agree with Hoopla's suggestion, that way we can keep the doctor hidden until absolutely necessary.

As for who I think is scum; Seeing as there's an acute lack of decent evidence against anyone, I was taking a look at all the possible combinations for remaining scum.

This list will not include any groups with me in them as I'm attempting to articulate my own thought process, and is in no particular order.

charlatan/Hoopla
AlmasterGM/Peabody
Hoopla/Peabody
Peabody/charlatan
charlatan/AlmasterGM
Hoopla/AlmasterGM

At this point I'm going to remove all the possibilites involving Hoopla, the one person I have a solid town read on. My town read on her is mainly gut, but I place a lot of faith in my gut town reads.

This leaves us with three possibilities:

AlmasterGM/Peabody - On first thought this seems like the least likely of the three, mainly because Almaster has been calling Peabody scum for the entirety of the game. However, I certainly won't rule out distancing, especially in light of the fact that Almaster never really put any kind of pressure on Peabody at all.

Peabody/charlatan - I can't think of anything that makes this one particularly more or less likely than the other two, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

charlatan/AlmasterGM - This is my current pick for most likely remaining scum. For one, AlmasterGM is almost certainly the scummiest living player. Aside from that, though, is that this scum team would explain the one thing that stands out to me the most about charlatan's play this game, which is the way he switched wagons from Almaster to CooLDoG.

In conclusion: charlatan is most likely one of the remaining scum, in which case his partner is most likely AlmasterGM.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (isolation #70) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Messiah »

AlmasterGM wrote:Why?
I don't think reiterating why I find you scummy is necessary, we've gone over it extensively.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (isolation #71) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote:What about "the way" in which I switched stands out to you?
The reason you gave for unvoting Almaster, which I believe came down to him finally contributing in a pro-town way. Unless the purpose of your vote was to get him to start contributing(I don't believe it was, correct me if I'm wrong), suddenly turning your play around by contributing and acting pro-town when put under pressure shouldn't be a town tell at all, as I believe you yourself have said on multiple occasions.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (isolation #72) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote:Ironic that you do not see the merit in gaining town reads this way.
Is it? Because I don't recall saying anything about the way you go about getting better reads. Regardless..
charlatan wrote:This is not exactly accurate. I did not remove my vote as a function of him suddenly doing something worthwhile.
This is what you said when unvoting Almaster:
charlatan wrote:I certainly meant the accusations I leveled against him, but
something about his responses has pushed him closer to my good graces again.
When accepting the likelihood of a lynch, he got his opinions out there and left some parting words for the town to digest the next day, which is certainly pro-town. I'm still going to watch him, but for now I'm going to unvote.
Orange
- What part of this doesn't read like "Well, he's contributing and acting more pro-town now, unvote."?

Indigo
- Is this the part where I'm suppose to understand the real reason that you unvoted him is that you were done seeing how he responded under the pressure?
charlatan wrote:Ultimately, Almaster's reactions pushed me away from wanting to see him swing, at least over CooLDoG
Care to expound on that at all?
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (isolation #73) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 am

Post by Messiah »

charlatan wrote:I'm not sure which part of that is confusing you.
I'm not confused, I
understand
what you're saying. I just don't see how what you're saying now matches up with what you said before at all.
Hoopla wrote:Right now I'm thinking we should have a psuedo-massclaim today. Only the doctor should not claim - maybe we can do it like: not town powerrole other than doctor/town powerrole other than doctor. Thoughts on this? Every bit of information is vital now, because we have to lynch correctly.
This seems like a good idea. I'd also like charlatan to go first.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (isolation #74) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Messiah »

Not a town powerrole other than doctor. Peabody is
next.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (isolation #75) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Messiah »

A case against me consisting mainly of wifom? Well, that's rather difficult to defend against. If we're buying into the 2:10 theory(which I'm heavily leaning towards at this point) then my not being on hiphop's wagon is an extremly solid point, but the rest is pretty wifom filled.

Like I said before, I'm leaning heavily towards buying into the theory that we're playing a 2:10 setup; in which case my scumteam pick is certainly obsolete and Almaster is my pick for the remaining scum for the suspicious way he went about hammering hiphop.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (isolation #76) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Messiah »

charlatan, the way he mentions that he's "liking hiphop less and less by the post" and waited until his lynch was absolutely inevitable to hammer him.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (isolation #77) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Messiah »

I'm vanilla, hammer away.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (isolation #78) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Messiah »

No, I'm town.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (isolation #79) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Messiah »

FWIW, I agree with your reasoning behind not suspecting Peabody and I still think Almaster is the remaining scum.
It's times like this..

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”