Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by Cass »

/confirm
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by Cass »

Well then, hello everyone :) I just want to point out that if you look at my meta, you can see that I'm always town. I hope that's reassuring :D

(no seriously, I've 9 completed games now and I was town in every one of them...)
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by Cass »

Vote: netapolis
for being a nazi (nazis are obvscum)
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:17 am

Post by Cass »

I agree that setup discussion of any kind in this setup is a bad idea.

@Netapolis: please explain what's scummy about a second random vote?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Cass »

1) No clue. I have heard he plays scummy.

2) I disagree with Yabb. Lynching wrong (or for policy) is too expensive. Also there isn't a 'possible' roleblocker. A small
FoS: Netapolis
for that suggestive wording.

3) Despite my sig, I would ask for a deadline extension at this point... It's too early in the game to have a read on people. No lynching seems a really bad idea.

4) My playstyle... well, as long as the game isn't serious, I tend to joke a bit, do something weird perhaps to get things started. I often get flak for that, people who take a joke for a scumslip for example. I'm glad when the RVS is over, and I try to make a case as quick as possible, even if it is weak. Though in a game as small as this - I'm going to be more careful. Which might be the case for all of us, and may be what's slowing the game down.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Cass »

I'm... kinda waiting for the
mod
to show up. I'd like a
vote count
, please.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Cass »

Jahudo wrote:cass - post 31 shows concern over a deadline that was over two weeks away. It seems like premature concern for me because I've never seen it in any other slow-moving game unless deadline was less than one week away.
And why might scum be more likely to act like a roleblocker was only possible, as opposed to town just forgetting the setup? I can't think of any advantage gained.
Concern over a deadline? How do you read that in it? There wasn't even any mention of a deadline yet... I was answering the question "if you had to lynch right now". And to that my answer was "I'd ask for an extension".

Scum have two possible reasons to pretend there might be no roleblocker:
1) If a PR thinks there might be none, they could make the wrong decision about claiming or other choices. Fatal in LyLo.
2) By saying "oopsie I had not noticed there was a roleblocker", he could be trying to appear town. I'm sure you can see why.

CSL's not paying attention to votecounts is indeed a bit strange. He seems to be unaware of the smallness of this setup. I don't think that's a tell either way though.

Also:
Unvote
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Post by Cass »

Jahudo wrote:
Cass wrote:Concern over a deadline? How do you read that in it? There wasn't even any mention of a deadline yet... I was answering the question "if you had to lynch right now". And to that my answer was "I'd ask for an extension".
The deadline was mentioned in the opening post. I read your response as you wanting an extension when we still had 2-3 weeks to work with. Had you seen the standard 3-week deadline in the opening post?

I did read that and I want absolutely no extension on that
real
deadline. I'd just hypothetically want an extension if the deadline were suddenly magically today. Which is how I understood the question I was answering.
Jahudo wrote:Your theories as why scum would fake ignorance over a RB sound possible, but I see it just as likely that someone could overlook the opening post.
True, and that's why it earned only a small FoS from me. Just wanted to point it out, in case a pattern shows up later.
Somebody explain to me this roleblocking business?
Netapolis said "there might be a roleblocker", while actually there is one for a fact. I FoSed him for that. Jahudo asked why a scum would pretend there's no rb/pretend he doesn't know the setup. I explained my reasoning to Jahudo. And now we seem to be agreed that it's at most a very minor scumtell.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:42 am

Post by Cass »

I have the flu and a bit of a fever rigth now. I'll try to make a useful post when my mind is a bit clearer again... my apologies for lurking for a bit.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:04 am

Post by Cass »

Very well, let's ask some questions then:

@Khamisa: who is more likely to be scum, Yabba or netopalis? Why?

@ABR: In this setup, is doc+nurse better for town, or cop+deputy? Why?

@Yabbaguy: So you think scum tends to lurk? In this specific game or in general?

@Jahudo: Do you think yabba's response to your attack was omgus, or something else? Why?

@Netopalis: Can you give us a top three of most scummy players? Preferably with some explanations.

For the mod:
Unvote: whoever I was voting
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:03 am

Post by Cass »

netopalis wrote:Whoa, wait a minute...Why are you narrowing your possible scum thing down to me or Yabba? It's entirely possible (and at this point, I think, probable) that neither of us are scum.
Where exactly did I do this?
Jahudo wrote:Cass, any reason you asked those particular questions to only those people? It looks like most could be answered by anyone, even you.
I just made up a bunch of semi-random questios, to force people to say something, maybe start sa discussion. An attempt to increase involvement in this game.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:20 am

Post by Cass »

That was a question to khamisa, not my opinion. If it was, I would have said so. I'm not the cryptic/suggestive type of person, I prefer to be blunt and clear with my opinions when I give them.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Post by Cass »

Netopalis wrote:Fair enough, I guess, but why did you ask only about the two of us?
Just picked two players who had both had cases on them, so Khamisa could make an informed choice.
yabbaguy wrote:@Cass-80: So you or Khamisa don't think (according to later posts) that me or Netopalis was necessarily scum before you asked? Why did you ask that question, then? I don't know if strawman is the right word, but it feels forcing.
It's the kind of question that's good for sparking responses, if only from the two players compared ;) What I did is ask each player a question that should be easy to answer for them. Khamisa was a bit lurkerish, so I wanted her to express an opinion on something.
ABR wrote:I am bandwagonning for the sake of bandwagonning for now.
Great tactic!
Vote: Albert B. Rampage
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:13 pm

Post by Cass »

CSL wrote:Where does Jahudo stand on votes?
Youknow, I hope I miscounted here, but depending on our mod's nitpickingness he might be lynched now... Else he is at L-1.

Mod: A vote:count, pretty please
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:45 am

Post by Cass »

yabbaguy wrote:@Cass-98: But you're asking something that Khamisa really wasn't opinionated on, as her response showed. Asking questions on who is more comparatively scummy really does nothing good.

Is your vote random, real, or somewhere in between?
How would I have known she had no opinion? She wasn't talking.

I'm not opposed to an ABR lynch if all else fails. He doesn't seem to enjoy the game anyways... So my vote isn't really random, as it expresses a willingness to lynch.

I agree that in games this small, people should vote
a lot
, else things stall and the day never ends.

I don't think Yabba is a good lynch, and neither is Jahudo. In fact, of the actives I find Netopalis the scummiest - but I'd rather lynch ABR or another lurker. (Well, excluding myself... I plan to stay active from now on.)

@Netopalis: there's unlikely to be a 'day after day' in this game - please keep that in mind when making decisions.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #15) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Cass »

Netopalis wrote:Cass: True about the day after day, but my point stands that lynching an active player WILL mean that we have the same problem in the following days. Also, I fail to see how my activity makes me scummiest....It's an odd thing - on this site, it seems that activity makes someone scummy AND lack of activity makes someone scummy. Which is it?
That's not what I said, and neither is it true... Freudian reading error perhaps?

Let me say it again, in other words: of the players who are actively participating, I find you the scummiest. But I'd much rather lynch someone today who's among the three who aren't actively partipating, as I'm pretty sure there's at least one scum among them. If you're scum, it can wait until tomorrow. That better?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:01 pm

Post by Cass »

I have no problems lynching ABR, we don't seem to be getting much out of this day one anyways. And his 'defense' (or is it a counter-attack?) that I'm trying to 'lynch lurkers instead of scum'... I'm so sick and tired of that one. Saying this is a really lazy way for scum (or someone not playing the game) to appear as though they are participating and making a case on someone when really... they aren't.

Personally, I don't see our current stalemate changing (i.e., ABR is not going to participate anymore than he is now, he has said so himself) - so replacing or lynching are left to us, and of those I think lynching is far superior.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”