ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:59 am

Post by ekiM »

Hello, everybody.

Previous Mountainous Multiball games: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7270 http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8294 Both are 15 pages long for some reason, so they shouldn't be too arduous to read.

Anyone played something like this before? Any suggestions on scumhunting technique?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:09 am

Post by ekiM »

I don't actually like either of flavor or white castle so far. Try and avoid the craplogic, guys.
Zer0ph34r wrote:I'm debating my vote for either zwet or empking. I don't want either of them in the game, scum or not. I HATE zwet and I've only heard bad things about empking.
A fine sentiment if you truly believe them likely to play anti-town even as town and you cannot detect any scum. It seems likely that as the day progresses there will be more to go on, though. Mountainous is slow.
zwet wrote: was assuming that the two scum would get a one shot protection from the other team, like in US Election mafia.
flavor wrote:@Zwet:

That wouldn't make sense as it wasn't specified beforehand, but White Castle mentioned it too and you mentioned another game, so I'll assume that is something that is normal on mafiascum. If not, someone else can correct me.
This is an open game.

ekiM Vote: Kaiveran
Just read her post. The neutral-er-than-thou attitude screams scum to me, and having to specify her vote was a joke is just extra topping.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:09 am

Post by ekiM »

Sigh.

I don't like you because you took White Castle's perfectly valid townie questions and analysis and tried to paint them as scummy. If a day starts with one townie and two opposed scum, the townie
needs
to know what the outcome is if he dies and the scum go into night. This is not hard to understand.

I don't like White Castle because he tried to paint your lack of comprehension as scummy.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:20 am

Post by ekiM »

Imagine a day starts with three players left alive. One of them is Mafia A. One of them is Mafia B. One of them is a townie. If the rule is that two mafiosi going into night together both win then they each will be happy to lynch either remaining player. Either way they win. If the rule is that two mafiosi going into night together draw (a 'lesser' win), then they will be happy to lynch the townie but prefer to lynch the other mafioso. If the rule is that two mafiosi going into night together both die and thus lose, they will definitely not want to lynch the townie, will be very happy if they lynch the other mafioso, but will have to settle for a no lynch and a prisoners' dilemma-type situation.

As the townie in that situation, you
absolutely
want to know what the mafia win conditions are. Even though you are town. Do you see?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:13 am

Post by ekiM »

I will say this one more time. There are endgame situations where the exact win conditions for the scum affect correct townie play. If you don't understand this, then revisit my previous posts; muse upon it; or take it on faith.

These players have, in my opinion, have contributed nothing to this game so far: Empking, Gregory, Huntress, Zer0ph34r, zwetschenwasser. At least one of you is a townie. Shape up.

Furry, whose alt are you?

Kaiveran's overdefense has confirmed my vote, for now. When you're wrong just admit it and move on.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:46 am

Post by ekiM »

Yo dawg, no time like the present.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by ekiM »

Zer0ph34r, if you wanted a policy lynch you should have voted a long time ago. Right now you are active lurking.

Zwet has yet to contribute anything other attacking the guy who suggested policy lynching him. He is also active lurking.

Furry, that would be all that scum needed to do, if the entire town surrendered their critical faculties and followed blindly. I think Kaiveran's first post had a scummy tone and her follow ups are worse. This is largely subjective so I'm not expecting this to be particularly persuasive, but anyone can read her posts and judge that for themself.

People should definitely be less afraid of putting their vote wherever their suspicions lie. Mountainous games are sedate affairs. Let's see all those lurkers take a position on... something.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Post by ekiM »

zwet wrote:You're using active lurking too broadly.
That's your opinion, not mine.
Zer0ph34r wrote:Would you prefer that I type a vote, despite its effect in the game as of now and my lack of knowledge of who's scum or not?
Yes. Would you prefer if it everyone waited for someone else to take the initiative and we got to deadline with no information whatsoever?
Zer0ph34r wrote:And ekim, when did I EVER suggest policy lynching?
In your first post:
Zer0ph34r wrote:I'm debating my vote for either zwet or empking.
I don't want either of them in the game, scum or not
. I HATE zwet and I've only heard bad things about empking.
II find something odd. There's always one fool who suspects me for the dumbest reasons that I later prove wrong, but this game, there appears to be TWO. [Any thoughts of what that could mean when there are TWO groups of TWO mafia, people? Please use your heads.]
See, this is the kind of dazzlingly brilliant analysis we need. Keep it up!
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:22 am

Post by ekiM »

Please play to your win condition next game.

ekiM unvote

ekiM Vote: Zer0ph34r
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by ekiM »

Zer0ph34r, it's really irrelevant whether you are town are scum; you should consider not playing mafia at all if you are unwilling or unable to play to your win condition. Sitting around doing nothing at all is anti-town, and because it's so suspicious it's anti-scum too. Don't be surprised if you get heat for it. And if you get close to lynch for it, try to actually play the damn game instead of rolling over and begging for a lynch. It's really undignified.

All you needed to do this game was voice some opinions or suspicions on ongoing events. You could have easily done that. Instead you gave up. Man up next time.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:13 am

Post by ekiM »

Bah. Go town!
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:33 pm

Post by ekiM »

Mother fucker! I've been watching this game for over a month and town lose because zwet can't be bothered to spend five fucking seconds actually thinking about a game, even when it's in LYLO. Fucccccccckkkkkkk.

Ahem.

Good game all. Thanks for modding, dejkha.

The mod didn't confirm WC at all. The answer to the hypothetical question "IF I WERE the last townie, then..." doesn't tell you anything about what the asker actually is in the game. That said, as has been noted, keep anything more than plain announcements to PMs.

Hmm, Kaiv was innocent and Flava was scum. Shrug, that's a better hit rate than my usual D1 suspicions.

Totally knew Furry was an alt. Hah!
Furry wrote:My basic plan for this was to just pick two people who seemed to be vocal early, call them obv town and run with it.
Hah, was I one of those? It made me feel uneasy about you, and foresee a bullet in my forehead very soon.

Zero votes for me? Yay.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”