Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:05 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Just checkin in.

Ooh early wagon.

What's the deal are they scummy or not? Cause most people seem to think not these days...
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:28 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Having actually read this particularly juicy first couple of pages... (only had a few minutes before)

brain of wombat = severe newbie/village idiot (not calling you an idiot that's just a term). Basically you haven't yet realized how games normally play and you said some things that put you in hot water.

On the other hand rage should not be chastised for calling BoW out for what he said because it
is
inherently scummy (i.e. calling for a mass claim right at the start of day 1 etc.) and he will never learn otherwise. I think people are focusing too much on rage's assertion that he took BoW's words "out of context", which is admittedly a bad choice of phrase, but isn't necessarily what he did. A better description of what he did would be "focusing on this particular sentence from his post" or something.

I think what I'm saying makes sense...

Anyway I'm going to guess that both rage and BoW are town and the mafia is happily sitting back and watching this unfold with two fairly viable day 1 wagons to choose from.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Rage wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:I think people are focusing too much on rage's assertion that he took BoW's words "out of context", which is admittedly a bad choice of phrase, but isn't necessarily what he did. A better description of what he did would be "focusing on this particular sentence from his post" or something.
The sole purpose of me stating that I took his words out of context was for people to realize that I was focusing on a certain phrase he wrote. The fact that I used the words "out of context" was to assert that, yes, I was indeed taking it out of context. I realized what I was doing by saying so, which is what the phrase "out of context" usually amounts to.
Taking someone's words out of context generally has negative connotations, i.e. when someone takes one part of someone else's post in order to misconstrue it's meaning to cast them in a bad light, when in the framework of the original post the part was harmless. A simplistic example of this would be if someone said "why do people think I am scum?" and someone else quoted him as saying "I am scum".
What you did was similar, but not the same. You focused on one part of BoW's post in order to draw attention to it and re-interpret it in your own way (which you believe made him look scummy). The difference is it wasn't his words you were using against him as evidence, but the interpretation of his words, which remained
in
the context of his original post.

Once again I think I'm making sense...

@ korts: I'm a bit suspicious of tarballs. He says he isn't sure of his suspicion on rage and that he mistakes can happen and that he doesn't want an accidental lynch, and then when he realizes that rage only has 3 votes on him he votes as well saying "we're not in the danger zone".
Just smacks a little of scumlike cautiousness not to be seen to be acting too recklessly, and then scumlike opportunism when he sees an opportunity for a "safe" bandwagon vote (i.e. one that hopefully wouldn't be focused on if it lead to a town lynch).
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I can definitely see where mcavity was coming from (btw is that from cats?).
I can understand if he was not so much asking for clarification on brain's "claim", but basically looking at the words he said, namely:
Brain of Wombat wrote:I'm just an average townie, that's it.
and then
Brain of Wombat wrote:I'm not making a full on claim yet
and thinking "how can that not be a full claim?"
I agree that brain deserved to be called out on that.

Furthermore, on the topic of claims, I am going to have to presume that puta has hinted at his/her claim with the lady macbeth stuff and the violent post about killing ecto's cat, and that he/she/it is somehow involved with the serial killer/mafia.

So
vote: puta puta

(maybe this will get him/her/the thing posting more helpfully...)
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:03 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Korts wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Furthermore, on the topic of claims, I am going to have to presume that puta has hinted at his/her claim with the lady macbeth stuff and the violent post about killing ecto's cat, and that he/she/it is somehow involved with the serial killer/mafia.
What benefit do you suppose he'd have by breadcrumbing to be scum, of all things?
Perhaps he thinks that is what he is supposed to do...
He's pretty new as well.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:59 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I don't think there's any reason behind it, but puta insists his posts are hints, and all the hints so far lead to killers.

If they do then he's scum/sk. If they don't he's not in fact utilising any reason/logic and is just being unhelpful. Either way I'm pretty happy with his lynch.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

ThAdmiral wrote:Perhaps he thinks that is what he is supposed to do...
He's pretty new as well.
This was meant to be a joke more than anything. I probably should have put a smily with it.

Although now that I think about it, perhaps he is a jester?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ puta:

On ecto: I agree with most of what he is saying and I like his play so far.

Also I think you are lying. And the likelihood of you being jester is minimal since you passed on what (you thought) was a chance to self-lynch, so I'm definitely happy with you dying.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

darkdude wrote:
Also I think you are lying. And the likelihood of you being jester is minimal since you passed on what (you thought) was a chance to self-lynch, so I'm definitely happy with you dying.
If there is a jester in closed setup then it is bastard modding. Not much can be done about that, so we shouldn't worry about it.

However, I find the fact that you keep pointing out the possibility of jester (this is the second time, I believe) to be more interesting. It doesn't do anything other than to make town potentially hesitate a lynch.
My second mention of it was basically putting that idea to rest. Are you seriously trying to suggest I am attempting to prevent a puta lynch?
Tarballs wrote:
People:
Have you actually read post #2? That tells us all the possible roles that may exist in this game, and I certainly can't find a Jester from that list. Even thinking about the possibility of a Jester is totally useless.

Also, I find it a bit silly how some people are already trying to find scum pairings. I'd say that we lynch whoever seems the scummiest, see if that person flips scum, and if they do,
then
go and find someone with a connection to the lynched scum.
To be honest...no I hadn't read post #2. My bad.

Also I totally agree with the second paragraph.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Righto.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

He's active so he won't be replaced. I don't think I've ever seen someone get replaced who was actually posting.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Korts wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:Yeah, Puta, you're going to have to explain those two posts. Like every word of them except maybe for "Vote."

Unvote Rage
. One of the best first posts I've seen. A+++. Would buy again.
Vote: Wombat

Ecto: Do you really want a massclaim, or are you looking for reactions? Because my reaction is NO!
Damn what a scummy post.
First, clear buddying up to Rage
, and then ruining Ecto's bait. Almost like saying "hey scumbuddies, don't fall for
that
trap".
I've never really thought of buddying as a good scum-tell. Am I underestimating it?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I dunno about vig kill. If anything he sounds like he might have been some sort of vig himself (gun inventor, perhaps gun user as well?).
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:37 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

i still claim VI
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:19 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Korts wrote:That said, I'm not setting up any kind of claim for myself. (
Of course I would say that
.) I think your theory makes sense from an objective point of view though.
Do you mean you would say this regardless of whether you were actually planning to set up a claim or not? (if you were the vig that is)
Rage wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:i still claim VI
Sorry, what's this?
Village idiot.
Basically a townie (generally a new player) who does/says somewhat stupid stuff.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:11 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Korts wrote:If I was the vig and wanted to breadcrumb, I wouldn't deny it. If I was the vig and didn't intend to say so, I'd have just messed with my own claim by basically forcing myself to immediately claim either vig or non-vig. My point was, if I was scum setting up a fakeclaim, I wouldn't admit to it, obviously.
Righto.
Korts wrote:If you think BoW is a VI, what do you think is the possibility that he'd raise the idea of a cop claim after he'd been shot down for the same the previous day? There's a learning curve yes. But I'd assume even newbtown to have some sense as to raising a point he'd been attacked for fiercely once.
The mafia would have most likely told him not to if he was one.
I've always found you learn much faster as a newbie if you are paired with scum or mason as they will want to keep you alive as well.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Ectomancer wrote:Tell me why he would discourage discussion about one of our discoveries (the gun inventor), yet encourage discussion about our amnesiac cop. He even goes so far as to
ask the recipient of the message to breadcrumb!
So you can kill him tonight before he reveals the only result we might have?
This is the best bit.

I'm going to
vote: darkdude
as well.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:34 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I don't like the "valuable townie" comment, and I want him to confirm that the original post was a joke (he really should have put a smily in or something if it was - i learned that the hard way), but other than that my position is still pretty much the same.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:06 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

darkdude wrote:I really hope you guys are reading what I wrote... because I get the impression that you didn't.
ThAdmiral wrote:This is the best bit.

I'm going to vote: darkdude as well.
I trust that this means my reply to it did not satisfy you?
To be fair your reply was pretty good, but I still think the case against you is the strongest I've seen so far in this game.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

haven't been able to get through some of the big posts in the last page. Will read later and then give comments.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:39 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

hey i'm back everyone.
Rage wrote:My position before I continue is that there's much more to be learned from a Brain of Wombat lynch than a Darkdude lynch.
ugh, information lynches.

By the way I've reread the darkdude case, and I've gone off it.
It's the question mark. I believe darkdude when he says he was truly asking whether that was the best course of action (for the record it clearly wasn't). So
unvote
As much as I wanted to believe we had "caught" scum, I don't think we have. He may turn out to be scum, but I don't think the argument on him now is valid.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (isolation #21) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:21 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

good replace with adel.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (isolation #22) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:59 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Adel wrote:a quick question: who thought that Puta Puta might be Gimbo before he was lynched?
I don't know who gimbo is...

Can somebody tell me who gimbo is?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (isolation #23) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:13 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ adel: Have you found any algorithms that help catch scum? I figure there would be ones that would at least increase the odds of finding scum by a bit, and I know you've been experimenting, so...

Also how do you feel about the darkdude case? And who are your suspects?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (isolation #24) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I unvoted darkdude in 336,

also in the first one, in the wagon decrease column, bow goes from 3-2, then to 2-3, and then to 1-0. i.e. up not down in the middle one.

I'm sure there are a few more minor errors, but those are the one's that popped out at me when I glanced at it.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:58 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Adel wrote:EBWOP:A question for our lurkers (ThAdmiral,Tarballs, tubby,
chuck
and IH):

Who do you think has been vote hopping more: Korts or Darkdude?
Why do you or don't you count that as a scum tell against either of them?
I don't see vote hopping as a scum tell. Some people tend to only vote for one person a day while others tend to throw their votes around. Others still may just not be sure of things and will change their mind a few times.

However, seeing as you will call the above a non-answer, I would have to say that while korts has been hopping around more (on a purely numerical basis) I would say darkdude has been doing it in a more potentially suspicious way.

I believe you can see the train of logic in kort's votes more. Day one he started with a random on ecto (so that doesn't really count) then a vote on rage for the asking bow to claim thing. After that he didn't really vote-hop as much as flip between puta and ecto, two people he had expressed suspicion of and had linked as scum partners. On day two he started with a vote on tarballs because, assumedly, he always likes to have a vote on
somebody
. After that it took quite a bit of convincing on ecto's behalf to get him to change his vote to darkdude.

Darkdude, however, seems to have been a little more opportunistic with his votes, getting on wagon favorites bow, rage and puta day one (with the lurker vote of tubby thrown in). Day two I believe he has just voted IH. Why? "Ugh..".

On a different topic: when you say "lurkers", do you mean in the traditional sense, or some sort of "vote-lurker", i.e. someone who hasn't voted for many different people?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (isolation #26) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

why is IH the leading lynch?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (isolation #27) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:35 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I don't see the motivation to bus at this stage. They could have just gone along with one of the other cases and gone into day 3 with all their people alive.

With this level of activity do you think the mafia would really feel the need to bus?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

will post later today
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (isolation #29) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:26 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Still looking for my last three games as mafia. I don't remember these things at the best of times, but I reckon I will find them.

Anything else while I'm at it?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (isolation #30) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:31 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

here are my last three games as scum:
(i realised I could look through all my old posts through my profile)

friends and enemies 2.0
strawberry mafia
texas justice mafia
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (isolation #31) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:16 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

should I hammer or wait for him to respond properly.

my guess is he ain't coming back.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (isolation #32) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:19 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ adel: first of all thank you for the kind words. I'm blushing a bit. :oops:

Secondly, could the long informative posts come from being asked questions? I feel like I can respond well to that.
How about everybody ask me one (or more) question(s).

Or I could just do the long posts myself...

Thirdly i think the post stats between me, tubby and darkdude can be interpreted in many ways. I think mainly, however, it is just due to darkdude being in the "public eye" more, and therefore being commented on more, than us.

Finally I like the rage case. It would have been more clear cut if there had been a kill last night (because if there had been and it wasn't rage this would become more obvious), but I still think it's a good case.
Good gambit if so.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (isolation #33) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I've got work now, but I'll do a big post after I get home. In about 8 hours.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (isolation #34) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I've got work now, but I'll do a big post after I get home. In about 8 hours.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (isolation #35) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:13 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Having reviewed the adel case on rage (i.e. that rage's counter claim was something they'd practiced) I find I like it as a possibility less and less. Mainly because if they are going to do gambits such as this I believe they would play down the fact that they knew each other so well (and therefore lead less people to think they would try a gambit like that in the first place).
Rage wrote:Either that, or ThAdmiral is scum with darkdude because he quickly found his spot on the darkdude bandwagon when it was forming, and upon darkdude's questioning he simply said he found the case to be the strongest he had seen. He unvoted later after finding the argument on darkdude unappealing.
After darkdude's claim, he ends up asking if he can be the hammer vote without any input about his thoughts on darkdude's claim.
I'm keeping my eye on this.
I was sure darkdude was scum. I just wanted to see if we could get anymore out of him before he died.

I don't like that there is a bit of deflection at the end of your long post (mainly to insanepenguin and me).

@ adel: rages post 520 in this game is (I believe) most similar to his post 755 in 634 (i.e. the one where he was town), as it seems more orderly and less pressured than the one he made as scum (167 in 632). However he was at -1 in that post so it is makes sense he was under a bit more pressure.
Basically I don't know how much bearing it has on his alignment.
afatchic wrote:I haven't done much of a reread yet. i replaced into multiple games near the same time because i usually have sympathy for games needing replacements since i hate games i play in when people bail and no one is willing to replace. but now i have finally caught up in the others, so this one is next. but can someone explain to me why we are all voting a claimed tracker?
This is actually a good question.

Seriously - occams razor: the most obvious thing is often the right one. In this case he most likely is the tracker (rather than a scum buddy pulling a gambit).

I am currently against a rage lynch, and with every vote that is put against him I find myself more against it.
I am currently getting more suspicious of korts, and will build a case against him.
But not now, I've got to go late night christmas shopping...
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (isolation #36) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Ectomancer wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:I am currently against a rage lynch, and with every vote that is put against him I find myself more against it.
Does this happen to you with every wagon you are against? Why mention it unless it is unusual for you? If it is unusual for you, then it isn't the votes that are increasing your resistance, but something surrounding the votes.
Can you put some more elaboration into this statement?
Rather than answering all your questions specifically I will answer the lot by just elaborating.

Basically this seems to be one of those situations where there is a lot of focus on the one person (in this case rage). It is also one of those situations where it seems anything that person does (be it respond casually or panicked to accusations against them, or to answer in depth or answer bluntly) only seems to get them into more trouble and so more votes pile on. This one seems like a bit of a runaway train, especially since it moved from -3 to -1 (kison and korts) before rage could get a word in.
Adel wrote:Wouldn't it be awesome if ThAdmiral voiced a strong opinion on other people's alignment once in a while?
Big Korts case coming up.
(but it is chrismtas eve so it might be a while before I have some more free time and I have to post in my other games as well)
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (isolation #37) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:43 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Alright I know I said I was going to make a case against korts, but having looked over his posts I don't really find anything that scummy, and anything I would have come up with would have only been the result of major witch-hunting.

Basically I began to get suspicious of korts because he seemed to be going after ecto a lot. And this was suspicious to me because...
I know that ecto is town.

I was the recipient of puta's investigation night one and it said that ecto was innocent. I was thinking of holding back this information till tomorrow but I figured it would be basically as useful now as it would be then.

I've been pretty busy with work/engaged in holiday activities recently so haven't been able to put in the time I would have liked with this game, hence I don't really have any solid leads.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (isolation #38) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

tubby216 wrote:however i do not like admirals post #620 that wreaks of scumminess
Firstly its "reeks", secondly why does it reek of scum?
tubby216 wrote:@admiral, why did you feel it nessacary to reveal that info?
Cause I wasn't contributing much and wanted to give something to the town.
Also I've been in too many games where I've held information back a day too long, so I thought I'd just get it out there now.
Korts wrote:ThAdmiral, did you follow darkdude's suggestion to breadcrumb?
No.
Although as you will see I've always treated ecto as a town player.
Rage wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
Rage wrote:Either that, or ThAdmiral is scum with darkdude because he quickly found his spot on the darkdude bandwagon when it was forming, and upon darkdude's questioning he simply said he found the case to be the strongest he had seen. He unvoted later after finding the argument on darkdude unappealing.
After darkdude's claim, he ends up asking if he can be the hammer vote without any input about his thoughts on darkdude's claim.
I'm keeping my eye on this.
I was sure darkdude was scum.
I just wanted to see if we could get anymore out of him before he died.
Why? If you were sure and others weren't (since he wasn't immediately hammered) why did you think we could get any more out of him? I find it scummy how you can say you were sure he was scum, but at the time you said nothing about his claim. You just seemed focused on getting him lynched.[/qupte]
I knew he was scum, because he claimed I didn't get targeted on night 0, which was a lie.
Rage wrote:@
ThAdmiral
, what do you think of my case on insanepenguin02?
It's long. Will read when I get home from work.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (isolation #39) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:30 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Rage wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:I knew he was scum, because he claimed I didn't get targeted on night 0, which was a lie.
You knew you were targeted on Night 0? Elaborate, please. And, no, I don't consider this fishing because he has said it so blatantly.
Because puta targeted me and gave me his cop result night 0.

Bolding mine:
tubby216 wrote:admiral,
you are saying you must have been trargeted (ie someone came to visit you) because you recieved puta's results and puta had to give them to you right?

Yes

but why did you feel that was the right way to contribute?

Cause I wasn't doing much to contribute otherwise. At least now I've provided something to talk about.

why diddn't you add to adel's and kison's interogation of me?

It seemed they had it covered.
Although I did think it got a bit brutal at times, I thought it was best to let it play out.

to both admiral and fatrchic,
how do you feel about the cases before you now the one on me and the one on insanepenguin and rage?

Still haven't read rage/insanepenguin's case.
The case on you is probably the best one, but I'm not sure anyone would look good under such sustained pressure.

do you believe rage's claim to be true?

yes
Adel wrote:tubby216, afatchic, & ThAdmiral: please vote or otherwise express who you think is most likely scum, and why.
I haven't even finished reading everything yet. This game is hard to keep up with.

I do know I won't be voting for ecto or rage though.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (isolation #40) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:28 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I think I'm going to
vote: kison

Joined the rage wagon late for reasons that had already been brought up, and then continued to follow adel by voting tubby for a reason that was not even explained completely (just the cryptic "thou art made of sketch").
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (isolation #41) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:46 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

insanepenguin02 wrote:I have to say that you have been full of empty promises throughout the duration of the game. You have made some quality comments and analyses but it seems to be more likely to get nothing from you, as in the “case” against Korts. Could you make a good, quality post showing where you think people stand? Why didn’t you vote for dd on day 2 but voted for puta on day 1 (wanting to keep scum but vote off town)? I need more info here. Thanks!
Will work on the "good quality post" (and hope that doesn't turn into another empty promise), but for your other q's:
I did vote for dd day 2, but then unvoted because I began to think the reason I voted for him was unjustified.
I voted for puta day one because he was being ridiculously unhelpful. It got to a stage where I didn't even care if he was town or not.
Ectomancer wrote:ThAdmiral - At one point in game Korts and I were arguing over whether one of us bussed Darkdude. Who did you think more likely to win the discussion? Did you think that it would result in the lynch of one of us?
To be honest I thought the discussion was a bit ridiculous.
This was for a few reasons. Mainly because I was confused as to why you seemed so certain there was bussing going on, and why you kept trying to include yourself as a suspect. It was a bit distracting, and I don't think it helped much or made the situation regarding possible bussing clearer (furthermore I sort of stopped reading your posts when they became a battle of semantics of whether one should include oneself as a suspect).
I didn't think it would lead to either of you getting lynched because no one else was getting involved in the conversation, and therefore it was unlikely people were going to start voting based on it.
Finally my stance on the argument was skewed since I knew you were town.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (isolation #42) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:48 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

This is a rundown of how i'm feeling about everybody. It is unfortunately not very long.

Ectomancer - town due to innocent result.

Rage - believe his claim, so town.

tubby216 - reacted to pressure poorly, but there was a lot of pressure put on him. not sure, but would not protest his lynch although probably wouldn't take part.

insanepenguin02 - mostly confusing, and has mainly said stuff I don't agree with. The main one is the whole "I hammered darkdude so I can't be scum" thing (note: that was not an actual quote - I was almost lynched in another game for this because it was deemed to be misrepresenting). Once again would not protest his lynch, and this time I probably would take part.

Kison - my vote is on him at the moment, but it is not so much that he is a very good suspect, but that I don't have any very good suspects, and he is at least a fairly good suspect.

Korts - posts a lot, and that generally sways me in to thinking someone is more likely town, but this is flawed reasoning, and there is something in my gut that doesn't like him in this game. Don't have any actual reason to suspect him though, and he was instrumental in lynching darkdude, so town points there.

afatchic - replaced a bunch of people I didn't really have a tell on, and I still don't really have a tell on afatchic. Just refreshed the game and saw korts most recent post, and have to agree that the last page or so is not good.

Adel - I think adel is town, at least I certainly hope adel is town, because he is having a large influence on this game.
Has been very pro-town with scum-hunting/pressure/discussion-encouraging. My question is: due to metagaming, would adel-scum feel the need to do so much pro-town activity so as not to be obviously scum, or could adel-scum just not contribute as much and get away with it?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (isolation #43) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:12 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Kison wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Rage - believe his claim, so town.
Again, I'll ask this: do you believe that he is a
tracker
? The reason I ask this is because the front page clearly indicates that the tracker can be a scum role. So if you merely believe the claim, I must ask why you believe he is town as a result of it.
I believe he is the town tracker.
Adel wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote: My question is: due to metagaming, would adel-scum feel the need to do so much pro-town activity so as not to be obviously scum, or could adel-scum just not contribute as much and get away with it?
my last game as scum was Mature Mafia

IMHO I lurked through that game, or active lurking anyways, I always made sure that I was more active than 1/3rd of the other players.

I felt like I could get away with it against a cast of veteran players that included: DrippingGoofball, Talitha, zu_Faul, Pooky, mathcam, Glork, elvis_knits, Macros, Axelrod, Phoebus, & Werebear.

Check out my wiki for the rest of my games as scum. They are all there.
In this case I am far more inclined to think you are town.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (isolation #44) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Korts wrote:ThAdmiral, why do you draw the conclusion that since Rage's claim is believable, his alignment must be town also? Or is the conclusion of his alignment independent of his claim?
I believe he is town since his claim lead to the lynch of a mafiate.
Adel wrote:@ThAdmiral: do you recall ever playing in a game where I was scum before?
Yes. One of the first games I played on this site actually. Mini 548. Mastermind of sin was playing and pretty much won the game himself.
Your style was similar there (in that you did the big colorful graph thing and were quite active), however you seemed to be targeting lurkers more and I seem to remember you getting quite flustered when attacked.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (isolation #45) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:31 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

claim time?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (isolation #46) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:32 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

tubby216 wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:claim time?
already claimed
When?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (isolation #47) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:34 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

tubby216 wrote:@ thAdmiral,
i claimed on page 22 post number 533
So you did. I actually remember that now.
When you said you had I went and checked your posts and couldn't find the claim (to be fair it was sort of in the middle of one of them).

Anyway are we going to do the gun claim thing?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (isolation #48) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:34 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I say yes.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (isolation #49) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

afatchic wrote:Just an idea, but since right now it seems that tubby will be lynched, can everyone give their second suspect if:
a)Tubby is scum
b)Tubby is not scum
a)afatchic or ip
b)kison
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (isolation #50) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

You should vote, afatchic.

I will go with ip before the dealine. Something about the way he did the whole "oh well looks like I'm going to be lynched, I'm town though" thing right after he got put to -1 when things were still in the balance makes me think it might have been a scum ploy to scare away any more votes.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (isolation #51) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Does anyone think it is possible that ip could be scum as well?
I.e. that both major wagons yesterday were on scum?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (isolation #52) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:32 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Yeah I don't think there is an sk.

I'm also beginning to think at least one of the vig shots was on one of the scum who were lynched. It explains why no one said they had one (as scum wouldn't want to reveal this).

Also, @ adel: 2 godfathers? seriously.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (isolation #53) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:21 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Wait ip claimed yesterday. Why all the hate when he claimed today?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (isolation #54) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:25 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

to be fair discussion looked to be going in circles a bit yesterday but we ended up lynching scum.

So what's the verdict on the claim though? I say there's no real reason we should do it today as we are extremely unlikely to be lylo or even lylo-1.
Tomorrow I would probably go through with it.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (isolation #55) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I've always thought of early vanilla claims as "bad" play, but not necessarily scummy play.

Usually they are in fact vanilla townies, although it doesn't help the rest of the town that much.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #975 (isolation #56) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:09 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Adel wrote:In 3 player endgame I trust his judgment more than pretty much anyone else here, including myself.
Before then, he sucks
'Tis true, sadly.

Basically I don't know how useful a case from me will be though. I don't really have strong feelings about anyone (apart from ecto who I feel strongly is town) and would have to make up one from scratch. Furthermore I think my read of this game in general has been bad, so I don't know how much you could trust any case I brought up anyway.

I mean I could do it (and probably will), but I also think you could just kill me, ip and afatchic and either one of us would come up as scum and town would win, or even if one of us didn't I'd trust the remaining town members to win it from there.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (isolation #57) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:34 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

By the way I will be gone for the next 2 days.

Down to the beach.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (isolation #58) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Back.

I don't think using whether someone has been replaced as a town tell is a good idea. It is a very unreliable tell at best.

@ Adel: if you had to choose out of ip and afatchic who would you choose?
also
why do you think kison is town?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (isolation #59) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:59 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Kison wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:why do you think kison is town?
...Speaking of which, didn't you think I was scum just yesterday, ThAdmiral?
I still do...to a certain degree.

Basically I think that there is a greater chance that there is scum out of one of afatchic and ip, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that you are the remaining scum. This is for many reasons but mainly because a lot of people have you high on their town lists for reasons that aren't apparent to me, which always makes me suspicious.

I have a question for you: is this your normal level of activity in a game, and would you say you have been playing quite pro-town in this game?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (isolation #60) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Kison wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:would you say you have been playing quite pro-town in this game?
Pro-town, sure. "Quite" pro-town? If by quite you mean "exceptionally", then no. But I see no reason to classify what I've done so far as anything but beneficial. Do you?
Basically...yes. As in I'd still like you to answer the question.
Kison wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:I still do...to a certain degree.

Basically I think that there is a greater chance that there is scum out of one of afatchic and ip, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that you are the remaining scum. This is for many reasons but mainly because a lot of people have you high on their town lists for reasons that aren't apparent to me, which always makes me suspicious.
Skepticism is fine and typical, but why would other players labeling me as town make me more likely to be scum?
I think the key bit is that I don't see why they have.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (isolation #61) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Kison wrote:I will do so anyway. Obviously I've not played perfectly, otherwise I'd never have gone after Rage, but I believe that as a net sum I've produced more positive content than negative. I went after the two people I was most suspicious of yesterday, and helped crack Tubby216. Now, do I believe this is reason to write me off as town? Of course not, and don't blame you for
not
writing me off. However, you did vote me yesterday, and you did indicate you had other reasons for suspecting me. My curiosity remains on what those other reasons are.
No other reasons. In fact much of my feelings did rely on whether tubby was scum or town so your mafia-likelihood did diminish a fair bit from yesterday.
I'd still say you are my pick for scum if it isn't afatchic or ip, though, just because I
know
ecto is town and korts and adel were on
both
scum lynches.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (isolation #62) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Ready when you are ecto.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (isolation #63) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:43 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

no gun
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (isolation #64) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

dead people could be carrying the guns...hopefully.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (isolation #65) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:05 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Adel wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:dead people could be carrying the guns...hopefully.
what are your thoughts on the merits of a massclaim before this day is over?
We could do it but I don't think it would help.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (isolation #66) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:39 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

alright lets get things moving.

vote: ip
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (isolation #67) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:25 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

was on both scum wagons.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (isolation #68) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:25 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

was korts.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (isolation #69) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Kison wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:was on both scum wagons.
ThAdmiral wrote:was korts.
Is this a question?

These are the three wagons Korts was on at the
end
of each day:
Day One wrote:Puta Puta (7): ThAdmiral, darkdude, Brain of Wombat, Tarballs, Korts, tubby216, Ectomancer
Day Two wrote:darkdude (6): Ectomancer, Korts, Adel, Rage, darkdude, insanepenguin02
Day Three wrote:tubby216 (5): Kison, Korts, insanepenguin02, afatchic, Adel
Assuming that what you said wasn't a question, what makes Korts' appearance on these three wagons particularly scummy as opposed to, say, Adel/Brain of Wombat, who was also on the same three?
No. I was saying he was on both scum wagons, and I was saying this as a reason why he most likely isn't scum.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (isolation #70) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:38 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

good luck town
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1288 (isolation #71) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

yay! town wins.

i thought/hoped it was kison.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1301 (isolation #72) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:32 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

he was pushing the darkdude case pretty hard all of day 2....
other than that I can't really remember. It was a while ago!

anyway i think this game had a really good playing group and i look forward to playing with you guys again.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (isolation #73) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:50 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

TDC wrote:ThAdmiral: When, in his only sane post, Puta Puta asked you what you thought about Ectomancer, did you just not notice the correlation with your received result? I was wondering ever since you claimed the result why nobody asked you this question.
In hindsight i probably should have paid more heed to this, but he had rambled on so much I basically discounted everything he said as just fluff.
I had also not encountered the amnesiac cop before so I was unsure as to how I got the result in the first place (i.e. I didn't read the "possible roles" post either - which I should have).
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (isolation #74) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

when will it be?

if it's roughly the same playing group i'm definitely in (although no adel makes me sad).
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1330 (isolation #75) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:10 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

sure

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”