Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Vote:CityTube

For being the only player I've played another game with...scum.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:56 am

ortolan wrote:
Vote: Lynx The Antithesis
because I dislike your avatar
No it's the epitome of awesomeness end of story.

On a game related note, the guards are the only ones who have any inside knowledge because they know which player is the king. The rest of the players know nothing I'm pretty sure.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:08 am

Its a tough call because the scum don't know who each other are. So they won't hold back from , pressuring, defending anyone. Which means you can't get a strong read on buddying, distancing, or anything based purely upon player interactions excluding the king. The guards would hesitate to bus the king because they lose if he goes down.

I'm not sure how much info we'd gain from a guard or rebel lynch considering neither know who is who. The only profitable one would be the king, but if his alignment is revealed, then the game is already over. So random lynch doesn't seem too horrible an idea for this setup compared to a normal game.

Corvus, considering that you suggested the possibility that there could be no power roles in this game, you've basically just confirmed that you don't have one if there are any.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:23 am

Corvuus wrote:sorry, crossposting.

Lynx: I'm assuming that the role PMs posted by the mod are the ones we received and if this is 'nightless' then there can't be power roles for anyone. So I don't see how me stating what i view as 'mod given information' is 'revealing' or changes anything.

C
Are we positive the game is nightless? And if it is, does that mean that after a lynch we just keep going?
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Corvuus wrote:the mod's gameplay notes:

B-5. The mod will send a PM at the beginning of each new day.

so the mod will post flavor of death, 'night scenes' and such and then a new 'day/round' will start.

there is nothing in the mod's role PMs that indicate any abilities so while we may have 'nights' to break up the lynches, I assumed "nightless" meant that this isn't a normal mafia game where scum pick a NK and can talk together, and town uses their power roles. Instead, it is 'nightless' in the sense that scum don't communicate, NK, and no power roles.

If you are claiming otherwise, then say what you think Lynx.

C
I'm not claiming anything substantial really. I just don't think we should count anything out until after night one. Is it not possible for there to be some variation to the role pm's the mod posted? I think it would be pretty imbalanced if the scum had no night actions. I'd think that the king if anybody had a night action would definitely have something. Maybe something to identiyfy guards or something each night? Maybe the king should just claim and inform us. :)
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:33 pm

Yeah just realized the open setup factor as well. I'm stupid. These are probably the only roles we have.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:30 pm

zwetschenwasser wrote:um... are you purposely trying to confuse us?
Unvote; Vote: Lynx
How is it confusing trying to understand the setup? Yes, I may have forgotten the whole open formula(I've only ever played normal so I'm still a little use to the unknown element). But it doesn't hurt to figure out where the town stands and the optimal approach to the day.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:42 am

haha zwet and emp that was one of the worst back and forths I've read. Seriously though, Emp, it does feel like a reach to me.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:25 am

Empking wrote:How is being the only player you've played another game with better? Its not the greatest reasoning but it makes sense to me and its a definate scum tell.
Why compare your first serious vote to my random vote? I just don't think it's a scum tell. Your failure to respond to City's vote on you is scummier than your reason against Shin.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:05 am

[quote="Empking"]Lynx: Why was it scummy, it would just be a distraction to rewspond to it as it wasn't a strong vote at all. quote]

So any vote that is applied to you that you believe isn't strong, sound reasoning at all, you can just brush off and not address it? Anytime anyone should present a case against myself then all I would have to do is ignore it and not defend myself on the basis that it's not a good case. You said your point against Shin was a definite scumtell. She just ignored your vote. Am I to take it that you condone that as well?
Unvote, Vote:Empking

In regards to the random lynching, I think we should leave that notion behind us. Discussion doesn't hurt and if we do happen to catch a guard we can use the events generated from discussion maybe to give us some clues as to which player is the king. Also, I think it takes away from the fun of the game overall to randomly select our lynch candidate.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:55 am

Empking wrote:By strong vote, I meant vote he'd stick with.
Even though he changed his vote in the post just before yours?
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:13 pm

Corvuus wrote:
Lynx: i don't understand your post. Could you clarify what you mean, since a literal reading of EMPking's response is: "blah blah, distraction if I respond to it as it was *not* a strong vote at all" is "blah blah, *not* a vote he'd stick with" and indeed it wasn't a vote Shin stuck with as you point out that he changed it without a reason or a response (and Shin's reasoning for new vote is basically the same as his original vote for EMPking).
Good catch. Yeah I think I botched that up with my last post after reading over it again. I got a little confused about that when he said, "by strong vote I meant he'd stick with it." I thought he meant he didn't respond to it because he thought it
was
a vote City would stick with. Which didn't make sense. Yeah I messed that up now I get what he means I retract my last post.

Now that I know what he meant the fact that he ignored it still applies. He can say now of course after City unvoted that it wasn't a strong enough reason to respond to. I just don't understand how he thought it would be distracting to defend yourself from a vote on you or how he could have gauged that City wouldn't stick with his vote(It seemed serious enough to me at least).

I'll repeat this question again ,Emp: do you condone the fact that Shin just brushed your vote off? Perhaps she thought you wouldn't "stick" with your vote either. Does it make her scummier in your eyes?
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Corvuus wrote:
I do think EMPking should answer your question Lynx but could you also respond on the fact that Shin has his 'random' vote on you still and what you think about Shin?
I don't really find the random vote on me scummy because I usually leave my random vote on until I see anything suspicious as well, and the fact that (she/he?) is pushing for the random lynch doesn't suprise me that she still has it on. Now as for Shin oveall this game I don't think it's necessarily a scumtell to be so adament about random lynching. I think the whole "play to win" mentality she's trying to convey comes off somewhat fake.

Now, for the next big thing:the self vote. I'm never a fan of a self vote unless it's used strategically to hammer by scum to end the day. I don't like this because she's trying to look like she's so set on the random voting that she'll even use herself as the first test. If you're town it's not productive because we'll most likely not continue the random voting tomorrow and be down a townie with relatively little info. If you're scum you're definitely trying to get people to back off by looking like a martyr by using yourself as the first random victim. Either way it's not helpful and fairly scummy.
FOS:Shin
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Empking wrote:
Lynx The Antithesis wrote:
Corvuus wrote:
Lynx: i don't understand your post. Could you clarify what you mean, since a literal reading of EMPking's response is: "blah blah, distraction if I respond to it as it was *not* a strong vote at all" is "blah blah, *not* a vote he'd stick with" and indeed it wasn't a vote Shin stuck with as you point out that he changed it without a reason or a response (and Shin's reasoning for new vote is basically the same as his original vote for EMPking).
Good catch. Yeah I think I botched that up with my last post after reading over it again. I got a little confused about that when he said, "by strong vote I meant he'd stick with it." I thought he meant he didn't respond to it because he thought it
was
a vote City would stick with. Which didn't make sense. Yeah I messed that up now I get what he means I retract my last post.

Now that I know what he meant the fact that he ignored it still applies. He can say now of course after City unvoted that it wasn't a strong enough reason to respond to. I just don't understand how he thought it would be distracting to defend yourself from a vote on you or how he could have gauged that City wouldn't stick with his vote(It seemed serious enough to me at least).

I'll repeat this question again ,Emp: do you condone the fact that Shin just brushed your vote off? Perhaps she thought you wouldn't "stick" with your vote either. Does it make her scummier in your eyes?
Yes it does make her scummier in my eyes.

(I hope you're not thinking I'm scummy because you can't read people.)[/quote/]
You think Shin was more scummy for doing exactly the same thing you did. How is this not hypocritical? You have nothing to say of the self_vote? It seems like a pretty big move from your top suspect to simply not respond to. Does Shin's replacing out change your stance?

I agree with Corvuus and I don't think Shin is the king. I highly highly doubt that Shin would ruin the game for everybody by getting herself lynched as king and end the game already. I don't think any type of defeatist player would be so low as to botch the game for everyone. Though a guard is still a possibility

On a completely ungame related note...Corvuus and Emp, did you guys ever consider investing in an avatar? I think the Avatar gives a better sense of the player's personality, an image to associate with that person, easier identification, and a little flavor to yourself. This is just me though I'm sure you have your reasons.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:07 pm

EBWOP

Empking wrote:Lynx The Antithesis wrote:
Corvuus wrote:

Good catch. Yeah I think I botched that up with my last post after reading over it again. I got a little confused about that when he said, "by strong vote I meant he'd stick with it." I thought he meant he didn't respond to it because he thought it was a vote City would stick with. Which didn't make sense. Yeah I messed that up now I get what he means I retract my last post.

Yes it does make her scummier in my eyes.

(I hope you're not thinking I'm scummy because you can't read people.)
You think Shin was more scummy for doing exactly the same thing you did. How is this not hypocritical? You have nothing to say of the self_vote? It seems like a pretty big move from your top suspect to simply not respond to. Does Shin's replacing out change your stance?

I agree with Corvuus and I don't think Shin is the king. I highly highly doubt that Shin would ruin the game for everybody by getting herself lynched as king and end the game already. I don't think any type of defeatist player would be so low as to botch the game for everyone. Though a guard is still a possibility

On a completely ungame related note...Corvuus and Emp, did you guys ever consider investing in an avatar? I think the Avatar gives a better sense of the player's personality, an image to associate with that person, easier identification, and a little flavor to yourself. This is just me though I'm sure you have your reasons.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:35 pm

I thought we already dropped the random lynch...at least for now that is.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:52 am

Still here. Got a macroeconomics midterm tomorrow so my postings gonna be limited. I should be more active either tomorrow or saturday.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:23 am

Ok I'm back. Frankly speaking, I don't exactly know how the dice works. Are we hypothetically using the first or second list?

I don't know how we're gonna gain anything from simply using the random rolls. If we don't actually go through with the lynches then I don't see how we can gauge people's reactions or reponses. No guard is going to overreact about seeing the king's name when he knows that there is a possibility that the town won't go through with these. So if we're gonna do this I don't think we should dance around it.

Afatchic never really progressed into the serious mode of the game. So if he turned up Guard I'm not really sure how many connections we could draw between him.

Wall-E, how do you feel about being lynched first?
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:23 am

Ok I'm back. Frankly speaking, I don't exactly know how the dice works. Are we hypothetically using the first or second list?

I don't know how we're gonna gain anything from simply using the random rolls. If we don't actually go through with the lynches then I don't see how we can gauge people's reactions or reponses. No guard is going to overreact about seeing the king's name when he knows that there is a possibility that the town won't go through with these. So if we're gonna do this I don't think we should dance around it.

Afatchic never really progressed into the serious mode of the game. So if he turned up Guard I'm not really sure how many connections we could draw between him.

Wall-E, how do you feel about being lynched first?
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:27 am

Ah double post.

Mod
, can you delete one of those posts?

Corvuus, if we hit a guard on a random lynch, do you think we should just keep going with the random lynchings? Or should we stop there it there and work off that scum?
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:53 am

Should I even wait for Wall-E to respond before I hammer? It's random anyway.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:51 pm

Vote:Empking
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Mod
, I never voted Wall-E in your last vote count.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #23) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:19 pm

So are we gonna go with me or Emp for it?
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #24) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:33 pm

Well we should first decide if we're gonna go with the four originally or roll again each day.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #25) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Alright
Unvote,Vote:Lynx

Might as well speed up this process. Now before I'm dead you guys should decide how you're going to proceed after the four random selected are lynched. Once you have a plan DO NOT deviate from it. When our numbers start to slip scum will try to manipulate the lynches. Be suspicious of anyone who tries to take the reins of the town's plans. We're leaving this up to chance which is dangerous, but I have a strong feeling we'll land on the king randomly eventually.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 am

Random lynching wasn't the best plan. Kudos to ortolan and tony. Ortolan pinning Corvuus and quanqan as guard was fairly impressive. Tony nailing Zwet deserves some credit as well. Good job rebels.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”