Mini 745 - Moving Day Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Tovarish »

/confirmative
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Tovarish »

Vote- Herodotus
for ruining AP World. Stupid report.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Tovarish »

^Shaking my head
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Tovarish »

I'm with EA, despite the TL;DR (but I did read) nature of many of the posts here, it seems that what we have is a disagreement of how to start a game, not what is helping the town. Disputing what Ac had to say, voting on questioning a scummy act on the third page isn't sentencing us to certain doom
unvote
. I would like to know from killa seven how all of us look scummy to him.

Also, I will be facing a kind of limited access until the weeked. Forgive my not telling you sooner.

Top of page 4 vote count:

Erratus Apathos 2 (dejkha, ZEEnon)
ac1983fan 2 (Erratus Apathos, don_johnson)
don_johnson 1 (Jazzmyn)
Tovarish 1 (q21)
dejkha 1 (Plonky)
ZEEnon 1 (Herodotus)

Not voting: killa seven, ac1983fan, Zer0ph34r, Tovarish

With 12 still packing it takes 7 to lynch.

Note: this vote count should be accurate as of this post.
No prods required at this time!
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by Tovarish »

EA's Mafia Scum, he's been here awhile. Do we really think he's stupid enough to betray his scummery in such an obvious manner. obvscum is frequently not scum.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Tovarish »

Forgive the absence- first birthday things and- well, if you turn on the news you'll find out why things are a little hectic in my neck of the woods.

Right now, I think that Killa seven looks scummy, and I have yet to see a sutiable explanation for his claim that eveybody looks scummy. Despite the bluntness of EA, I think his claim that bandwagons are the "path to victory" was to draw us out of the random voting stage and to start having substantive debate, which is happening. My guess is that Jazzmyn is some kind of Jester- even the dumbest players wouldn't lynch Zeenon on post length- so this doesn't seem particularly pro-town or pro-scum. Just dumb.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Tovarish »

Mod- Prod killa seven?
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Tovarish »

Forgive ac for not voting at every random trun of events. I can't blame him for not finding scum, I'm having a hard time too. A lot of the earlier part of the game seems to be more of a debate about theory rather than actual scumhunting- or maybe all this is just going over my head- btu your post makes very little sense, and is trying to reinforce a serious logical fallacy. The scum can always find scum, they know who they are

FOS- Don Johnson

Top of page 6 vote count:

Erratus Apathos 2 (dejkha, ZEEnon)
ZEEnon 2 (Herodotus, Jazzmyn)
ac1983fan 2 (don_johnson, q21)
dejkha 1 (Plonky)
Zer0ph34r 1 (Erratus Apathos)

Not voting: killa seven, Zer0ph34r, Tovarish, ac1983fan

With 12 still packing it takes 7 to lynch.

Note: this vote count should be accurate as of this post.

killa seven and Plonky have been prodded.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:59 am

Post by Tovarish »

Mod: has killa seven been prodded?

Top of page 6 I said I prodded him. He did respond to the prod.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:40 am

Post by Tovarish »

I'll ask again k7, why os your spideysense tingling and why is everybody scummy, but not?

Also, I think Herodotus is looking at a coincidence. Random votes are, after all, random.

At the moment, killa seven seens the scummiest to me
vote- killa seven
for a seeming abandonment of the game, and total disregard for evidence with donjohnsom following quickly behind. Not for DJ's lack of content, I fully realize that my posting has been similarly sparse, but for his incredibly flawed logic that f yuopu can't find scum you are. If anything that seems to run counter to the tried and true mantra that long days are good for the town, smells like he's wanting to rush a lynch. [/b]
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:41 am

Post by Tovarish »

^ DJ, forgive the simulpost.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:46 am

Post by Tovarish »

Q- In response to your earlier question, it's simply an inferrence I drew- possibly a flawed one. Should we adhere to that line, and that is the reason it was posted, to "motivate" us into adhering to it, we would all be voting and waving about accusations simply so we did not look scummy.
All that happens, and we quicklynch to avoid looking scummy. Ergo, short day. Yes, I realize that is quite farfetched- I guess I was pointing out the worst case scenario without informing you that it was.

I'm slightly more comfortable with DJ after post 172, still looking closely at him, but less eager to vote for him.

That said- k7, exactly
why
are you not providing examples? Are you trying to be deliberately uncooperative?

MOD-I will not be here on Friday and Saturday

Noted, thank you.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Tovarish »

ZEEnon, while killa seven may be posting mroe regularly, there has been no increase in the content of his posting- so I don't particularly understand where your point is coming from.

Killa seven is doing nothing to help the town, and actions that do not help the town are scummy by definition. If not helping the town is helping the scum, as I believe then it only stands to reason that killa seven is helping the scum and thus- scummy.

Why would the Mafia act so mafia-ey? If the populace would permit me to engage in a little WIFOM, we're looking at the inverse of "Too Town." As in nobody could act that scummy and really be scum. Play yourself up as such an obvious mafioso we don't think anybody could be that stupid and leave you in the clear.

That said, AC's voting patterns do give me pause, but until I see further evidence to the contrary I'm going to chalk his patterns up to general eagerness- towards a kind of self fufilling prophecy.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Tovarish »

^ Right now I see AC as eager to lynch k7 precisely because he's so unhelpful. While I see it as tunnel-vision, it's not particularly scummy. Yet.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:21 am

Post by Tovarish »

The vanilla claim doesn't mean anything. If he was scum it would have been one of his safer claims. If he claimed roleblocker or cop and somehow survived the night, he'd definitely be our first suspect, and scum is allergic to scrutiny. We're relying too much on meta here and ignorin common sense.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by Tovarish »

Jazzmyn wrote:
killa seven wrote:And you think this is protwon approach?
You, of all people, are hardly in a position to talk about pro-town approaches. You have made it clear that you have no interest in helping the town on Day 1, apparently on the basis that you simply can't be bothered to play games you signed up for unless and until you live to Day 2.

You do nothing to help the town, you put townies at greater risk by sitting back and not lifting a finger to contribute to the town cause, and you flat out refuse to participate in the game in any meaningful fashion. To me, this signifies scumminess, selfishness, and self-centeredness.

From your posts, it seems that you expect everyone else to give you a pass in every game you sign up for and then promptly refuse to play for the duration of the first, and arguably most important, day because, in your words, 'that's the way you roll'. This is utterly ridiculous. If everyone adopted such a blatantly anti-town, pro-scum attitude, no game would ever get past the first few posts.

But somehow it's supposed to be acceptable for you to act this way because 'that's the way you roll'? I don't think so.

Perhaps if others stop letting you get away with your scummy refusal to participate in the games you sign up for, you will actually start playing the game on Day 1.

So how about choosing one of these options, killa seven:
1) commit to participating meaningfully in this game on Day 1;
2) ask to be replaced; or
3) confirm that you will do neither 1 or 2 above.

Regards,
Jazz
Epic QFT
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by Tovarish »

Herodotus wrote:
Tovarish wrote:Q- In response to your earlier question, it's simply an inferrence I drew- possibly a flawed one. Should we adhere to that line, and that is the reason it was posted, to "motivate" us into adhering to it, we would all be voting and waving about accusations simply so we did not look scummy.
All that happens, and we quicklynch to avoid looking scummy. Ergo, short day. Yes, I realize that is quite farfetched- I guess I was pointing out the worst case scenario without informing you that it was.
Tovarish, now that you're back, how do you get from making accusations and votes to quicklynching? As I said before,
Herodotus wrote:For instance, I could vote for you right now; that would not lead to a quicklynch or shorten the day in any way. Several other people could even join me in voting for you, then we could all unvote, and day one could continue on until December.
Until a majority of people are voting for one person, votes are fully reversible. And hammering on a quicklynch is a poor way of avoiding looking scummy.
Of course they're reversible, I'm waiting for killa seven to redeem himself and am more than willing to remove my vote if he can reconcile his scummy actions some how and prove himself a member of the town. Last I checked, that was how the game is played. Perhaps I am not understanding the point of your questions?
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Tovarish »

Herodotus wrote:
Tovarish wrote:Of course they're reversible, I'm waiting for killa seven to redeem himself and am more than willing to remove my vote if he can reconcile his scummy actions some how and prove himself a member of the town. Last I checked, that was how the game is played. Perhaps I am not understanding the point of your questions?
Yes, you misunderstand. I'm not talking about Killer; In post 186 you responded to Q21's post 171 and suggested that voting and making accusations would lead to a quicklynch. I asked you about it in post 187, but you went away before responding.
I suppose my question isn't too important, but I don't see how you get short days/a quicklynch out of Don's "if you can't find scum its because you are."
My logic was that should we all buck towards Mr. Johnson's motivation, there would be much voting and bandwagoning simpy so we don't look scummy, rather than actually finding scum. Like I said, it was worst case scenario, and my opinion of DJ has risen considerably given his new findings regarding Plonky.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Tovarish »

Still Dej, do you not believe that k7 is scum?
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Tovarish »

There are some who think that while k7 is not obvscum, he could be a useless townie and still deserves to die. I am not one of those people. If you read the last two pages, maybe you'd have noticed that sentiment reflected in ac and to a lesser extent zer0, some people voting for him are not fully convinced that he is scum. This was a legitimate point. No need to be a dick about it.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Tovarish »

I don't see why some people are discounting k7 as a suspect. ^ How does asking for clarification count as scummy or "lame?"

Mod- replace killa seven
?

He is meeting the posting requirements so that is not possible.

That said, I'll shamelessly admit that I'm intimidated as hell by the massive quote pyramids and TL;DR ( I did read though) nature of the EA Hero debate. ummm, to me they both made their points well and I'm getting town reads from both of them.
Not Present 2/19-2/20

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”