Mini 712 - Capital of the World! - (Game over!)

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Porkens »

/confirm
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Porkens »

Jesus Christ, SpyreX, are you even
reading
the game?

Vote: SpyreX

for being lazy and voting for the guy with the easiest name instead of actually reading the game and building a decent case on anyone.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Porkens »

*sigh*

unvote

vote TAX
for voting himself.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Porkens »

Westbrook wrote: Vote: Porkens For bandwagon.
Chainsaw defense.
FoS
Westbrook
Spyrox wrote: Why the sigh?

WHY?

W
H
Y
?
WHYFOM.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:09 am

Post by Porkens »

FoS
Everyone for lurking.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'm pretty sure FoSing evryone in the game isn't really a viable strategy Wink.
Very true. So...crickets? F that.
I'm going to go ahead and
unvote
for the time being

That vote is serious, I don't think self-voting is protown in the random stage, but only semi-serious because of how infantile the game is.

But, there's another interesting post in the game so far that I'd like to give my attention at the moment.

*cracks knucks*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at the game so far, one post, of course stands out from the rest: Post 29

29 stands out, naturally, because of it's context; that is, directly below Post 28. And a bit further below Post 19

In Post 29, MafiaPlayer casts a "Random" vote for another player; super random dude. This, in and of itself, is nothing to cause alarm. However, if we take a closer look at Post 28, we find that only two hours and thirteen minutes earlier, another player, PerArdua, had cast an OMGUS vote against the same lynch candidate; super random dude. Things become even more ominous when we travel further back in time to see that Post 19
also
picks super random dude for the lynch.

Suddenly, Post 29 looks a little more intentional than it's author might intend (or DOES he?).

I hypothesize that MafiaPlayer's so called "Random" vote on super random dude is, in fact,
not random at all
. Instead, I submit to you that this vote is not only pre-meditated, but also the direct result of a conscious motivation to confuse and mislead the town by the use of a WIFOM gambit.

First of all, lets look at the odds.
Now, be forewarned that I am no Mathstatition, but I think my experience calculating Crit% vs Raw DPS in WoW may be enough to guide me here.

Naturally, we must start by calculating the mathematical chance of a truly random vote. There are 12 players but we can assume that we wouldn't include ourselves as a random vote chance. So, a random vote would give us a 1/11 chance of voting any given player, or about 9.1%.

Next, and this is where I get a little shaky (early, I know), the chances of a random vote landing on the same player as another random vote (for this we must, sadly, disregard the intentional OMGUS vote, unless, of course, PerArdua was the last to confirm at random...) are about 1/121, or .82%.

So, we have one number; the likelihood that alvinz95 and MafiaPlayer both randomly got the same result is .82%. Of course, random is random, and in an infinitely expanding universe, all possibilities will occur. However, there is one more likelihood to consider; The likelihood that MafiaPlayer is lying. What are the odds of that? Well, 99.08% is the obvious answer (total likelihood - the likelihood that a random vote landed on super random dude). But, there is yet one more number to think about, and it's an important one; The chance that MafiaPlayer is scum. What are the chances of THAT?!

Let's find out: There are 12 players in this game. We can assume that 3 of them are Scum. That means that each one of us has a 3/12 or 1/4 or 25% blind chance to be scum as of this moment. So, MafiaPlayer has a 25% chance to be scum. And so does Alvin95. And so do I. And so do you.

So, if we compare the numbers we have so far:

99.08% chance that Post 29 is a lie. 25% chance that the author is scum.

I think the clear choice is to lynch the liar.

Now, before you go off with your fists clenched, screaming for my head and holding up signs that say "ALVIN'S VOTE WASN'T RANDOM" and "ALL YOUR MATH SUCKS YOU GIANT DOUCHBAG," realize that even if Alvin's vote wasn't random, the chances that MafiaPlayer is telling the truth (1/11 or 9.1%) are still far lower than the chances that he is scum (25%)!

Finally, consider the alternative; true, there is a 75% chance that MafiaPlayer is town, but
why would town lie
? We can discard
that
theory without loosing any sleep.

Now, let's go back and take another look at the motivation.
No matter how you feel about the math, the very real truth is that putting someone, anyone, at 3 votes in the middle of page 2 is an eye-catcher.
Why would someone do this?
To avoid attention? That seems unlikely. To push some agenda, or to try for a quicklynch? I think not, since these outcomes rarely follow such a situation as we have here. No...the most likely outcome, known to the experienced player, is the following:

:lol: = MafiaPlayer / :shock: = Town / :twisted: = Scum

:lol:: I PUT THIS GAY ON L-4, BUT IS RANDOM
:shock:: LOL NUB vote: :lol:
:shock::twisted:: SCUMMY! vote: :lol:
:shock::twisted:: NO IS JUST L-4 WHY WOULD :twisted: DO THAT?! WOULDN'T DO
:shock:: WIFOMWIFOMWIFOMWIFOMWIOFMWIUFOMWFIOWasdfasdf!!!oen
:twisted:: I DUN VOTE RANDOM IN RANDOM STAGE
:lol: MY BAD IT WUZ RANDOM THO
:roll: (super random dude): I can't believe you guys are voting me for no reason, god.
:shock::twisted:: OMG L2READNUB MAYBE YOU ARE SCUM NOW TOO
:twisted: : GUYZ WAIT
:roll:: I need a replacement
:shock::twisted:: I'm VLA till then, then.
:lol:: LIKING MY VOTE
:twisted::shock::twisted::shock:: YAAY :lol: CAUGHT SCUM!

As you can see from the dramatization; MafiaPlayer ends up out of the spotlight after stirring up a whole S-storm, and may even come out of it looking pro-town.

Too Long, Didn't Read

Whether you read that whole business or not, I thank you. My conclusions are thus;

MafiaPlayer's Post 29 is mathematically and strategically most likely an attempt to mislead and confuse the town. For this, he should swing.

Vote: MafiaPlayer
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

I AM ON TO YOU.
I doubt that very much :twisted:
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by Porkens »

SpyreX wrote: I'm waiting for him to answer. That last one didn't seem like a joke, and got ma cackles up. My vote is quasi-real.
I eagerly await his answer as well.

f&*% it, I can't wait;
MafiaPlayer wrote: 1. Do people really read that much into random votes?
2. unvote, porkens
3. One person randomly voting for a person does not lower the odds for another random vote once it has already happened; that is a fallacy.
1. MS seems either worried or offended that his "random" vote was the subject of my post.
over-defensive

2. MS drops his "random" vote and votes for me
OMGUS

3. First of all, I ~kinda~ already addressed this sort of scenario in my previous post;
Porkens wrote: Now, before you go off with your fists clenched, screaming for my head and holding up signs that say "ALVIN'S VOTE WASN'T RANDOM" and "ALL YOUR MATH SUCKS YOU GIANT DOUCHBAG," realize that even if Alvin's vote wasn't random, the chances that MafiaPlayer is telling the truth (1/11 or 9.1%) are still far lower than the chances that he is scum (25%)!
3 continued.
However,
if both votes are random, I'm fairly sure that math is correct. Although, I can see where it gets confusing:

Amateur-hour math ahead!!!

What MS said was true; the fact that Dice #1 rolls an 11 doesn't change the odds of Dice #2 rolling anything.

But, the probability that
both
dice would randomly role and 11 is, I believe, 1/11*1/11=1/121 (or a about .8%). So, if both of these votes were actually random, this outcome had less than a 1% chance of happening (or; there's more than a 99% chance that someone is lying).

TL;DR

My vote on MafiaPlayer just became serious because:
1. Overly-Defensive
2. OMGUS
3. Dismissing an argument against him as a fallacy when A: The argument did not hinge on the component in question and B: The component in question ~probably~ isn't, in fact, a fallacy.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by Porkens »

Oops: I don't know where I got 'MS' from. I meant 'MP' in the post above.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Porkens »

Sun Tzu wrote: I'm leaving my vote on Porkens. This nonsense isn't helping and it's getting old.

Hahhaa, ok, my bad. I see now that I was muddying the waters with my big posts. Let's get back to the
issues
, guys, and stop all this petty OMGUS. This game has been good, so far, there have been a lot of well-built cases and, man, GOOD scumhunting. Even though the game's just getting started! You know, and I hope this doesn't fall back into the "nonsense" catagory you were refering to, ST, this game has had 56 posts in 6 days (just less than .5 posts per hour)! So I agree with Sun Tzu that it would really be better if we all cut out all the silliness. It just gets in the way of the real game!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by Porkens »

...seriously?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by Porkens »

kuribo wrote: Absolutely false. It's only page three, and this sort of statement reeks of trying to justify a future quicklynch.
My fondest hope is that it's so quick it travels through time and happens yesterday.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Porkens »

F**k.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Porkens »

Porkens, prepare to be annhialated.
Roleclaim:Daykiller
Daykill:Porkens
All joking aside, post 43 still impresses me with it's great number of scum-tells. I'd like to see a genuine response from you addressing why you reacted so badly to an (obviously) joke case.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (isolation #14) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:18 pm

Post by Porkens »

Tax wrote: Pokens can you tell me what scum tells you are talking about, the only thing I see is a OMGUS vote.
I know it's a pretty long read, but if you'll look at my post history I think you'll pick it up pretty easily.
sun Tzu wrote: I'm not sure if we're getting anywhere, but this is fun so far.
Let's say we are getting somewhere, but we have all been forced to wear blindfolds. You manage to peak out from under yours!

Sun Tzu, please tell us; Where are we going?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Porkens »

kuribo wrote: Also, I still don't like Porkens' attempts to force the flow of the game and push it quickly out of the random phase.
Liar. You love it.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Porkens »

Your link doesn't work.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Porkens »

The response to the made up case + an omgus is plenty for me to be happy with my vote.
QFT
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by Porkens »

Why are you guys
waiting
for someone else to "play mafia" for you? Just do it!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Porkens »

If you don't get the meaning of my post, you're not paying attention.

What I'm saying is, "YOU PEOPLE AREN'T ACTUALLY PLAYING MAFIA, YOU'RE JUST POSTING POST AFTER POST OF NOTHING."
Excuse me, but I have to completely dissagree with you. I'm currently voting someone for perfectly legitimate reasons outlined in a case that I've built against him.

Now, if you wanted to join the game too, you could agree with the case and vote alongside me, disagree with the case and tell us why, or build a case on someone else! You could even ask some questions!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (isolation #20) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Porkens »

was a joke.

was scummy.

was on page 3.

The "math" isn't part of the case, at any point. The fact that MafiaPlayer dismissed the math as a fallacy is.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Porkens »

TAX wrote:Oh I see, but in you feal case you make refreence to you first case actually meaning something. Like when you address you math of being correct. If it was a joke tthen why use it in a agument?
The math isn't a reason to suspect MafiaPlayer. However, he tried to dismiss the math as a fallacy. But, the math is correct, so whether it was serious or not, calling it a fallacy is wrong. The way he tried to dismiss it as "wrong" was scummy.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (isolation #22) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'm pretty sure porkens is using the reaction to the joke case as a basis for the real case. So the joke case is not used in the arguement, however the reaction to it is.

His reaction is the relevant part to this, as ones reaction can answer many questions.
QFT
(sorry for double-post)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (isolation #23) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Porkens »

If I understand right, Porkens is using the numbers in the post not the reaction.
I'm not sure if you are understanding me. The
reaction
(to the numbers) is scummy.
And yes the numbers are not a fallacy, so why did you call them that MafiaPlayer?
I'm fine with this question.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Porkens »

SKIP TO THE LAST BOLD SECTION IN THIS POST IF YOU'RE SICK OF MATH

1. The Numbers

MafiaPlayer wrote: The numbers are a fallacy because if you roll one die, that doesn't lower the odds of rolling the same number on another die.
I'll try one more time to show you why you are wrong:

The Math:

1. Pretend you and alvin are each a 4-sided dice.

2. The chance that either of you, independantly, will roll a 4 is 1/4.

3. The chance that
both
of you roll a 4 is 1/16: 1 out of 16 possible combinations:
1 1 2 1 3 1 4 1
1 2 2 2 3 2 4 2
1 3 2 3 3 3 4 3
1 4 2 4 3 4
4 4

4. Just change the 1d4 to a 1d11 situation (like we have) and there you go; 121 possible 2-roll combinations, only 1 of those where both of you come up with the same result.

The Fallacy

1. A fallacy is a hinging component of an argument that isn't true, therefore corrupting the entire argument.

2. The origional
joke
case on you was built on the idea that the chance of you randomly choosing any one individual was lower than the chance of you being scum. The case
did not hinge
on the idea that there was a 1/121 chance that you randomly voted for the same person as alvin (this was addressed in the origional joke case and in the real case, on page 3).

3. So, calling the math a fallacy in my case is wrong
twice
because:
A: The argument did not hinge on the specific math in question
and
B: The math isn't wrong.

2. TL;DR

1. You're still wrong, in two different ways, about the math being a "fallacy"
2. Your reaction was overdefensive
3. Your reaction was OMGUS
4. You haven't addressed 2 or 3 at all, instead, you've joked around (which would be fine but it's
still
OMGUS) and repeated the accusation of my case containing a fallacy.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Porkens »

TAX wrote:No in the post you used the numbers to a reaction of MafiaPlayer.
I hope it's clear that there are two things being discussed in my posts:
1. The mathmatical discussion of chance in the game

and
2. The real case on MafiaPlayer

Now, each stage of the game here, I've really questioned myself about whether to continue the argument about the math. I've decided to keep it in because the
dismissal
of the math as
a fallacy
is scummy, so it's important that I show that the math I provided in my joke case is correct.

But, notice, in the real case against MafiaPlayer, I don't list the mathmatical probability that he was lying (or that he's scum).

One last time; The math isn't important. The Reaction to the math is.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (isolation #26) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:36 pm

Post by Porkens »

PerArdua wrote: Also it's amazing how many times you had to go through that case Porkens to explain it to everyone.
Well, it
is
an amazing case!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (isolation #27) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:44 pm

Post by Porkens »

Show your work.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (isolation #28) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by Porkens »

Here's an outside reference, too (4 second google search)
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_ ... h_two_dice
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (isolation #29) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Porkens »

WARNING: ALL MATH AHEAD, NO CASE-RELATED INFORMATION

Part I
Sun Tzu wrote: This is pretty simple.

There are 11 possibilities. One of them is the same as the other person.

1/11
Well, yes and no. It all depends on which odds you're talking about;

The chances of 1d11 coming up any particular number is 1/11. To translate this into game terms;
The odds that MafiaPlayer's random vote would come up with super random dude were 1/11

However,

The chances of 2d11 both coming up 11 is 1/121. Translation:
The odds that both MafiaPlayer's random vote
and
Alvin's random vote would come up with super random dude were 1/121

Part II
Sun Tzu wrote:Question: What are the odds of rolling doubles with two dice?
It depends on how many sides the dice have and if you care
what kind of doubles
they roll.

Looking back at the 1d4 example;
1 1
_
2 1
_
3 1
_
4 1

1 2
_
2 2
_
3 2
_
4 2

1 3
_
2 3
_
3 3
_
4 3

1 4
_
2 4
_
3 4
_
4 4

That's 16 different possible combinations, if it matters what sort of doubles they role. You have a 1/16 chance to roll any specific combination.

If you don't care what kind of doubles you get, then any of the 4 doubles above will please you; and you have a 4/16 or 1/4 chance to "roll any doubles".

If I knew more maths, I would be able to come up with the formula to find the probability of doubles on any X-sided dice, but with a 4-sider; the answer to your question: "what is the probability of rolling doubles with two dice" is (assuming 4-sided dice):
1/16 if you care which double is rolled.

Or 1/4 if you only care about "rolling doubles"

Part III
Sun Tzu wrote: Are you saying they don't get the same result when they both roll 1, 2, or 3?
Is 2 a different number than 3? They would get identical results, but the identical result would be on a different person.

If we apply
Part II
to the game and just translate into game terms:

The odds that both MafiaPlayer and Alvin would randomly select super random dude, specifically, were 1/121

The odds that both MafiaPlayer and Alvin would randomly select any identical player were 1/11

Part IV
Another question:

1. There are 12 players in a game. The first 11 all vote for different people so no one has more than one vote. When the 12th player votes randomly, what are the odds he doesn't vote someone with a vote already?

2. Last question:

There are 23 people in a room. What are the odds that at least 2 of them have the same birthday?
1. 1/11 (if he wont vote for himself)
(Now, the odds of that scenario happening <if you meant to say that the first 11 people also voted randomly> is something like 1/3trillion.

2. Ohhh what is it...like 50% is what they say?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (isolation #30) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:42 am

Post by Porkens »

Sun Tzu wrote: It's 1/x.

Whatever the first roll is, the other one has a 1 in x chance of being the same.

You can also think of it as there being x different ways of rolling doubles out of x2 possibilities.
Aha, duuhhhh...I couldn't see the forest for the trees on that one.

Sun Tzu wrote: You can also think of it as there being x different ways of rolling doubles out of x2 possibilities.
Or 1 way to roll a specific double out of x2 possibilities.

Sun Tzu wrote:I'm not going to comment on the rest since I think we're on the same page.
Good talk.

-or-

Or
ARE
[/u] we?!

Sun Tzu wrote:As an aside, I wonder if superrandomdude gets more than his fair share of "random" votes in games due to his name.
Someone or other voted him for being "the perfect dude to to randomly vote" IIRC.

So, now that we've fondled each others' math books; what
do
you think of MafiaPlayer?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (isolation #31) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:59 am

Post by Porkens »

What are the odds that I will roll two sixes in a row, though?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (isolation #32) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Porkens »

He posted today...
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (isolation #33) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by Porkens »

Sun Tzu wrote:
Porkens wrote:what
do
you think of MafiaPlayer?
He doesn't seem particularly scummy to me. I think the whole math conversation was pretty pointless.

The daykill thing was funny, but I haven't played with him to know if that is more likely as town or scum.
I agree the argument about math is bordering on "too much" at this point. Although, I'm still proud of that first joke case. Speaking of; what I meant with this question was:

What do you think about his reactions to the joke case?

kuribo wrote:And if you call my suspicion of Porkens "minimal," you must be high. Alot of Porkens' behavior disturbs me, but I'm willing to accept that he may have been "setting a trap," as it were.
Hmmm, I'm glad you accept some things, but...the joke case wasn't a trap, at all, I never expected or hoped for a reaction like the one MafiaPlayer gave me.

Mafiaplayer wrote:The odds are certainly 1/36 that both roll a 6.
But the odds are 1/6 that it rolls any doubles and thus is noticed.
You're
still
not responding to the actual case. Do you care to?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:56 am

Post by Porkens »

I don't think I ever said it was my intent, did I?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (isolation #35) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:24 am

Post by Porkens »

Kuribo wrote: Not that I'm aware of, but the assumption I had made, (and perhaps others, though I cannot speak for them) was that it was.
I see. Would you object if we make the following small change, then?
kuribo wrote:It's nice that you
admit
clarified that it wasn't your intent, but rather an unintended consequence.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (isolation #36) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Porkens »

no one...has posted...for 3 days.

someone make something happen.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (isolation #37) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Porkens »

Hail SpyreX.

Vote, plebs.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (isolation #38) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Porkens »

Please explain how his post, in your opinion, is modkillable.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (isolation #39) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by Porkens »

Kuribo, why don't you just ask for a replacement at this point? It's obvious to me you're not really interested in playing any kind of social game.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (isolation #40) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Porkens »

kuribo wrote:
Porkens wrote:Kuribo, why don't you just ask for a replacement at this point? It's obvious to me you're not really interested in playing any kind of social game.
I don't replace out, I replace in.

And it seems at times like I'm the only one interested in actually playing.
My mistake.

I'll eagerly await your next post analyzing the game and "playing" mafia.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (isolation #41) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Porkens »

Sun Tzu wrote:I haven't posted anything lately because I don't have anything to say. I don't see much happening.

The math stuff was pointless and didn't lead anywhere. Now we're arguing about who's playing mafia.
Why are you voting for me?

You said you agreed to the case on Mafiaplayer, and you haven't presented one on me, so explain your vote.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (isolation #42) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Porkens »

Unvote Vote: SpyreX

I'm growing tired of your games. This is going no where and you certainly are not helping that.

If I read SpyreX's silly posts right, he's claiming a killing role, and says anyone who doesn't vote for MafiaPlayer is in danger of getting shot. I think that has a mid-to fair chance of getting the game going. Don't you?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (isolation #43) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by Porkens »

And this isn't a theme game so you being the Emperor is impossible. Thus, Spryex is scum, plain and symple. Lynch all Liars.
bwahahahhahaha
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (isolation #44) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:46 am

Post by Porkens »

So, Mafiaplayer was scum.
Who saw that coming?

Real post coming eventually. Happy holidays :)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (isolation #45) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:39 pm

Post by Porkens »

Why are we obvtown?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #46) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:20 am

Post by Porkens »

I was actually hopping SpyreX would shoot sun tzu last night, myself, for the same reasons. But I guess Spy didn't want to break his word about killing someone not on the MP wagon.

Soooooo...if I read through SpyreX's, what I'm guessing is self-imposed, post-restriction-ish prose:

1. A doctor protected someone last night
2. Someone was hit but didn't die (bulletproof, etc)

If there is a doc, and he/she/it protected SpyreX, I agree they should not come out. But if the doc covered someone else, like me, it might be worth it to out yourself to clear your target.

If someone was hit but didn't die because of a bullet-proof vest or whatnot, it'd be impossible to prove, so you might as well stay quiet.

Anyways;
Vote: Sun Tzu
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (isolation #47) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

PerArdua wrote: Well I don't like how quickly Sun Tzu is gaining votes but his "defense" is horrendous.

Vote: Sun Tzu
WHAT?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (isolation #48) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Porkens »

Sun Tzu is at 4th and 13. Dude needs to punt.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (isolation #49) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Porkens »

1. Kuribo, I apologize for what I said Day 1 about you 'not wanting to play any kind of social game'. I feel ashamed that I treated you, someone who was willing to replace into a game, like that.

2. I guess I see the angle Sun Tzu is trying to take, but it doesn't fly for me, at all. This whole LAL case against Kuribo because he said he would bet his nut (which is obviously meant figuratively) might be called a fallacy (loooooool).

3. Hammertime IMHO.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (isolation #50) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Porkens »

I want to know which of you guys arethe scum and which are the retards.
Happy holidays.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (isolation #51) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:32 am

Post by Porkens »

No, I agree with you that the hypocrisy point is flimsy. And, like I said, I
see
what you are saying about the 'knowing' and the flaw in a town saying that.

Again, though, just like Mafiaplayer, you're not presenting a reasonable defense. 'promise' meta and attacking your accuser for the semantic difference between "strongly suspect" and "know,"
no matter how true you believe them to be
, read as desperate scum, to me.

You just seem to be purposefully inflammatory.

While I'm not on board with calling kuribo or SpyreX obvtown, I'll let that play out as it will, for now they're certainly
protown

I also have kind of a Newbie question; Where I come from, Serial Killers
must
kill every night. Is the same true, generally, here?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (isolation #52) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Porkens »

Someday, I'll have to read one of your other games and see how they play Mafia on your planet.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (isolation #53) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Porkens »

spyrex, porkens, kuribo, sun tzu and myself should stop posting since we're obviously talking right past one another, and we should wait until the other half of the living players in this game rejoin the conversation. how's that sound everybody? feel free to agree by not posting.
why are you trying to stifle conversation? SCUMTELL
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (isolation #54) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:30 am

Post by Porkens »

of course.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (isolation #55) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Porkens »

so talk.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (isolation #56) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by Porkens »

Sun Tzu, I just can't believe that that you honestly feel indignant about our reaction to your playstyle. You must know it's, at best, extremely unusual and, at worst, bad.

I actually did go read your other game, and you were hung day one as scum, playing the same way. I'm guessing you're just trying to be consistant.

Honestly; however you want to play is A-OK for me, as long as you knock off the insults and stop the crazy-level multi-posting.

My vote stays on you. I've got good feelings off of Kuribo, Spy, and CF. You, I hope, are scum. And I'll wait for the replacements to judge the rest.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (isolation #57) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Porkens »

Also notice that I didn't promise I was town in that game.
Why do you think this is worth town-points?

You don't know shit about my "playstyle".
I'm getting frustrated with you. Why do you say things like this? It's really,
really
unpleasant.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (isolation #58) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Porkens »

Sun Tzu wrote: Why do you think that I think this is worth town-points?
Is that a serious question?

Hang this man; this day is cancer.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (isolation #59) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Porkens »

Sun Tzu wrote: Yes, it was a serious question. Why do you refuse to answer my questions?
hypocrite.
Sun Tzu wrote: I don't see what your hurry is. That's not pro-town.
Sun Tzu wrote: Do any of you have any integrity?
I just can't take the multi-posting, insults, and illogical non-arguments. You kick up so much dust with your posts, I'm not even enjoying the game anymore. Once you are dead, and can't post anymore, real discussion can happen.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (isolation #60) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Porkens »

Sun Tzu wrote: How am I a hypocrite?
Sun Tzu wrote:Also notice that I didn't promise I was town in that game.
Porkens wrote:Why do you think this is worth town-points?
Sun Tzu wrote:Why do you think that I think this is worth town-points?
Porkens wrote:Is that a serious question?
Sun Tzu wrote:Yes, it was a serious question. Why do you refuse to answer my questions?
Porkens wrote:Hypocrite.

Sun Tzu wrote:If you think I'm refusing to answer something, let me know what you want me to answer.
Porkens wrote:Why do you think this is worth town-points?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (isolation #61) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:20 am

Post by Porkens »

Sun Tzu wrote: Porkens, I don't think that's (saying "I'm not scum") worth town points.
Sun Tzu wrote:
kuribo wrote:
"I wouldn't promise I was town if I weren't."

THAT IS ILLOGICAL BECAUSE IT HELPS US IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER.
Actually, it proves I'm town unless you assume I would lie about that, which is a faulty assumption.

???
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (isolation #62) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Porkens »

That's a
really
bogus
question
answer :p
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (isolation #63) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Porkens »

I didn't avoid it.

"???" has no answer.

I'm happy to answer any question Porkens (or anyone else) wants to ask.
If you're town, though, isn't it in your interest to be more forthcoming with information? I mean, you
have
to know that I want an explanation for the two contradictory posts I quoted. Even though I didn't type out the question directly, shouldn't a town-aligned person answer it?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (isolation #64) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Porkens »

k.

Sun Tzu, have you promised us that you are town?

If so, do you think it's reasonable for us to believe you?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (isolation #65) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Porkens »

skim skim skim, oh good TAX is here.

skim skim skim, nope still need to lynch Sun Tzu.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (isolation #66) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

Welp.

Vote: Tax

Self voting in the random voting stage is
still
scummy.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (isolation #67) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:04 am

Post by Porkens »

I think this is lurker hunting?

Wouldn't it be funny if MafiaPlayer got hung for voting his partner?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (isolation #68) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Porkens »

kuribo wrote: Pork, why does the self-vote make TAX any more likely to be scum than someone else?
A self vote puts 0 pressure on anyone. Unless he had a
reason
to vote for himself (like trying to get someone to attack him for it), it's only purposeful explanation can be WIFOM.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (isolation #69) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Porkens »

Tax wrote: If you look back on the random stage I voted for three diffrent people, the middle one being myself. So the only why you argument works is if the my first and only vote in the random stage was for myself which it wasn't. I don't talk about WIFOM bringing one up cause them its self.
Why does my argument only work if only your first and only vote in the RS is for yourself? It's still a self-vote. You also changed it
after
I attacked/voted you for doing so.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (isolation #70) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Porkens »

Neither was mathematics...
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (isolation #71) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by Porkens »

pretty cool, huh?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (isolation #72) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:04 am

Post by Porkens »

rofl
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (isolation #73) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Porkens »

On the upside, we almost have enough for a voting block :p
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (isolation #74) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

Oh, westbrook be active lurkin?

yup!

unvote, Vote: Westbrook_Owns_U
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (isolation #75) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Porkens »

mmm, I'm not sure we need to wait.

rofl, any other thoughts on KS?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (isolation #76) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by Porkens »

unvote, vote killaseven
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (isolation #77) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Porkens »

is k7 like F11?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (isolation #78) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Porkens »

I think he's scum.

unvote, vote: killas even
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (isolation #79) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Porkens »

...lulz?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (isolation #80) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by Porkens »

I mean, even without a votecount...You're no where near lynched yet.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (isolation #81) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by Porkens »

Welcome! :)

Page 1-10: Mathematics.
Page 11-22: Emo.
Page 22-24: Looking for replacements.

I'd really like to form a voting block with SpyreX, Kuribo, myself, and Roflcopter. We could call ourselves
The Four Horsemen
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #600 (isolation #82) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by Porkens »

Don, you could be our d'Artagnan.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (isolation #83) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Porkens »

Kuribo wrote: So who do you think is the bigger threat right now, K7 or TAX? (as Rofl pointed out, TAX is awol)
I say we hang them in this order:
Killa Seven
Tax
Westbrook

don_jonshon wrote: would i get a uniform? and a hat?
Perhaps, in time.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (isolation #84) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Porkens »

clearly your list is different :D
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (isolation #85) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Porkens »

If he was so legit, why did he quit?

seriously, though WHAT seemed legit?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (isolation #86) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Porkens »

Well, but...he wasn't even at L-2 was he? ffs.

unvote, Vote TAX
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (isolation #87) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Porkens »

do tell
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (isolation #88) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Porkens »

@roflcopter:
Your paranoia makes you seem town to me, but what you say doesn't really make sense; Kuribo isn't confirmed at all, and SpyreX is, at best, half-confirmed (to me).

However, from a "scumyness" point of view, I'm fairly confident that You, Kuribo, and SpyreX are all town. Hence the 4H club, in my eyes, is a fantastic plan.

Don I am happy to absorb into the fold...for now.

5 Soldiers of Rome, 3 Savages.

I'm pretty confident that one or more of killa seven, Tax, or Westbrook is a scum, so that's gunna take us to a 3-man endgame with 2 of the 4H and 1 savage.

Of course, we still take it one step at a time, but I really don't see a drawback of slicing the fat off the game.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (isolation #89) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

Room for one more, Kuribo.

one of us, one of us, one of us
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (isolation #90) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Post by Porkens »

bahgotown
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (isolation #91) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Porkens »

I was so happy we caught scum day 1. I'm proud that it was my RVS mega-post that sparked it. The math never really did mean much but, on the other hand, I felt as if I had reached through the internet with mathematics and made him scum.

I'm glad the 4-horsemen worked out. It just figures that our herald was the last scum. It wouldn't have mattered in the long run, I don't think.

Seeing as how 2 mega-lurkers survived, I'm gunna go ahead and say that Don; you should have lurked more (but thanks, sincerely, for not doing so).

See you guys next tecmo!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #730 (isolation #92) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by Porkens »

CF wrote: The whole random vote thing that MP got caught on was because he was the 2nd to vote SRD, so I figured SRD/Don was town.
Oh wow, I forgot who Don replaced! That's really funny to me that both scum were connected from day 1.

Oh, I forgot to mention earleir; I really thought the whole "I'm playing with you in another game in which I am town and you're playing differently than you are now so you must be scum but omg we can't talk about that other game" was really borderline at best. I don't think you should even engage in these kinds of discussions.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (isolation #93) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Porkens »

Ahhh, the "confirmed" business finally makes sense to me. I don't think I would ever have figured that out in-game.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Game, Don ;)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”