Mini 735 - Bad Times In Kuribonia- Game over!

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:55 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

confirm
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Time to start, finally. Okay, random vote stage. Weird as it may sound, i'm not random voting. Never have, never will. I find it's best to keep a consistent strategy. Especially now.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Kieraen wrote:@TOVARISH
I disagree with your interpretation of my playstyle. I now have two votes and there are many people who will follow your vote, bandwagon or vote because they are mafia and know me to be innocent. You try telling me there aint any pressure! I (and others in my position) will talk more, defend myself more, and you will see many others attack me more. This is a tell of myself and others.

Now try telling me that a random vote is better than this.

VOTE:Tovarish

For a poor counter argument. I feel your just drumming up support for a quicklynch against myself just beacuse i have dared to be a little bit controversial and havent followed the 'easy' path of a random vote.

On a side note. I do not want a quicklynch. I believe we CAN find a mafia through logic on day one. Lets not lynch a townie. Through pressure and voting strategies we can easily discover a mafia on day one, so i implore people to take their time in voting and debate.
QFT But I'm not going to vote for Tovarish...yet. He has three votes on him already, that's enough for now. I'll wait and see how he defends himself.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

I'm not lurking, I swear. I just don't see anything overtly scummy about anything that's gone on so far.

I find myself agreeing with Ting, though. If we want to pressure someone into talking, we need more than just three votes on him.

Where's Reecer? He should be contributing to this game.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:15 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Tovarish wrote:While I may want to ask you to explain yourself again, I feel doing so will violate the
Law of DNFTT.
What's this?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Mod, can I please see the current vote count?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Reecer6 wrote:Do I REALLY have to role claim now?
I will if I have to.
Don't claim. Not yet, anyway. Just tell me why you changed your mind about Kieraen. I don't think your under the threat of a lynch. Maybe you are, I'm not sure. Where's that damn vote count?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:43 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:I agree there's nothing to be gained by a quick lynch. Might as well look for more scum.

Unvote
Vote: Prof. Guppy

Getting a full eight hours of sleep like a sane person should.
Fixed.

I'm not getting a clear read on Reccer. He's not scummy, he's just stupid. Right now I'm think Tovarish is scum, for votehopping.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Monkey wrote: basically you've gone out of your way to avoid saying anything substantial, and you're defending reecer. That's enough to make me think you might be scum.
Okay, I concede these points. But you must remember that townies also act scummy every once in a while.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Tovarish wrote:That's your defense? Wow, you're no better than reecer, just asking us not to lynch him on trust. And how am I scummy again?
You've gone from picking on Kieran, to picking on reccer, to picking on me. I get the feeling you just want somebody lynched, and you don't bloody care who. You tell me why that's not scummy.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:00 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

ting =) wrote:I was browsing through the game. Prof. Guppy, you've never cast a vote.

Any reason why? If you had to cast a vote on someone right now, who would it be? Why?
I like to withhold my vote until I'm sure someone is scum. In my first game, I changed my vote every time I posted. I almost got lynched for it.

If I had to vote now, I'd probably vote Reecer. I'm not sure whether he's scum or town, but he's our best lead right know.

I was thinking of waiting until someone else voted him, so I could hammer, but I decided against it.

Vote: Reecer6
That's L-1. Reecer, please claim now.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:14 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Reecer6 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:Reecer, please claim now.
Roleclaim? OK
I am the cop.
You do realize that's a common Mafia claim, right? It doesn't save you from the rope. I'm going to leave my vote on you, for now.

@Tovarish, I know you still think I'm scum, because my scumhunting technique is, for lack of a better word, crap. Truth be told, I have never been good at this game. While I may not agree with your method, I'm convinved it's genuine. For what it's worth, I think you're town.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:59 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

As bad as it is for the town to lose her cop, there is a bright spot in it. Everyone who participated in his lynch is suspect. I know I was part of the lynch as well, so that makes me suspicous too. But I'm okay with that.

Right now, my major suspicions are MonkeyMan, for hammering, and Queenofhearts, for lurking. I'm not ready to vote just yet.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

In my first game on this site, I came under heavy suspicion and was backed into a role claim. I claimed Cop, cuz I wuz. Everyone pulled their votes off of me, except one guy, who kept saying that a cop claim shouldn't save me from the noose. This guy was lynched, and he turned up Mafia.

I have every reason to believe the same thing is happening again.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:In my first game on this site, I came under heavy suspicion and was backed into a role claim. I claimed Cop, cuz I wuz. Everyone pulled their votes off of me, except one guy, who kept saying that a cop claim shouldn't save me from the noose. This guy was lynched, and he turned up Mafia.

So you believe that claiming cop should prevent you from being voted on no matter what your behavior?
That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying, the mafia saw reecer's scummy behavior, they knew his cop claim was probably legit, they knew they could get him lynched and pass it off as a pro-town thing, and they probably couldn't resist.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:In my first game on this site, I came under heavy suspicion and was backed into a role claim. I claimed Cop, cuz I wuz. Everyone pulled their votes off of me, except one guy, who kept saying that a cop claim shouldn't save me from the noose. This guy was lynched, and he turned up Mafia.

So you believe that claiming cop should prevent you from being voted on no matter what your behavior?
That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying, the mafia saw reecer's scummy behavior, they knew his cop claim was probably legit, they knew they could get him lynched and pass it off as a pro-town thing, and they probably couldn't resist.
The implied part of your statement that you're not saying, is that there are probably only 3 mafia, and it would have taken 4 townies at least to get enough for the lynch. That means that a majority of the votes on Reecer were pro-town. Why? Because he was acting scummy.

I'm not saying hammering a townie isn't naturally suspicious. I'm saying trying to cast excess suspicion on an easy tartget doesn't make you more pro-town. You should at least admit that reecer was highly suspicious, and that hammering someone that's acting that anti-town is hardly the most suspicious thing in the world.
Okay, I admit that Reccer was acting kinda dicey, and no I didn't believe his claim until he swung from the tree. And you're right, even well meaning townies hammer their own every so often.

But that doesn't mean I think you're town. I still think you might be Mafia. And its going to take a lot more than your rhetoric to convince me other wise.

I forget if I'm voting for anyone, so,
Unvote
Vote: MonkeyMan

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:05 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

It looks to me like Prof Guppy and Ting might be working together, and that Ting may have lied to get Reecer lynched. Ting is defending Prof Guppy despite his supsicious play, and Prof Guppy is voting for me after voting for him, which IS an OMGUS vote, and conveniently fails to mention anything suspicious Ting has done. It's nothing concrete, just a heavy suspicion.
First of all, how am I OMGUSing you, when I voted for you first? Second, you're right, I have been acting suspicious. But what do you expect me to do about it? Deny I'm acting scummy? That won't work. Claim to be town? That's even worse. Third, I don't know for sure if Ting is town or scum. If he is scum, he could be defending me to make it look like we're scumbuddies, when I'm really town. I know that's WIFOM, but, whatever.

I know I'm scummy, and I don't care. There, I said it. Make a move.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:07 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

@MM, I've been thinking about everything you've said, and I think the same thing is happening between you and me that happened between myself and Tovarish Day 1. I'm not completely convinced that you're town yet. But I should be voting for the most suspicious player, and right now that's not you.

Unvote
Vote: Polymorph

Lurking.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:08 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Kieraen wrote:This is poor. I have voted an put my thoughts, as have TING, and MONKEYMAN and to a lesser degree PROF. GUPPY. Where are the other players?
Was this what you meant to say?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:32 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:After thinking about it, I'll go ahead and RC, at least I can get some protection from the doctor, if there is one.

I am the
roleblocker
I hate roleblockers. They interrupt cop investigations and doctor protections. They usually can't stop the mafia from killing. Give me one good reason why we shouldn't get rid of you because of your role.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #20) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:After thinking about it, I'll go ahead and RC, at least I can get some protection from the doctor, if there is one.

I am the
roleblocker
I hate roleblockers. They interrupt cop investigations and doctor protections. They usually can't stop the mafia from killing. Give me one good reason why we shouldn't get rid of you because of your role.
The roleblocker is one of the most valuable roles in the game. Do I really have to explain this? *sigh*
Yes, please do, because I have a hard time believing your role is benifical to the town when all you do is stop the pro-town power roles from acting.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MM wrote: The idea is you target mafia, and stop the mafia people from acting.
Even if you do target a Mafioso, you won't stop the kill. So, what's the point?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #22) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:
Obviously you don't understand what my role does.

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... oleblocker
Don't insult my intelligence. In this game, I highly doubt that the mafia really have to choose someone to make the kill. Especially if (and this is the most likely scenario) they are all vanilla goons.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #23) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:

Don't insult my intelligence. In this game, I highly doubt that the mafia really have to choose someone to make the kill. Especially if (and this is the most likely scenario) they are all vanilla goons.
Even if that was true(which it's not in my experience as being mafia in other games, the mafia DOES select someone to perform the kill), you don't think that it's possible the mafia has other roles which would be worthy of being blocked?
In a mini game? Possible, yes; probable, not so much.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #24) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:

Even if that was true(which it's not in my experience as being mafia in other games, the mafia DOES select someone to perform the kill), you don't think that it's possible the mafia has other roles which would be worthy of being blocked?
In a mini game? Possible, yes; probable, not so much.
If the mod included a roleblocker role, with only one role to roleblock, that would be very shortsighted imho.
All right, you win. Oh, and...Quote Pyramid FTW!

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MM wrote: It's just that he knows I'm supsicious of him, and he's worried that he won't get his (probably scummy) night action to go through.
It's not that. I just don't like roleblockers. They usually help the scum more than the town.

And where the hell is Polymorph?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:21 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:
MM wrote: It's just that he knows I'm supsicious of him, and he's worried that he won't get his (probably scummy) night action to go through.
It's not that. I just don't like roleblockers. They usually help the scum more than the town.

And where the hell is Polymorph?
Couldn't you say the same thing about Vigilante's? If so, do you think they should be lynched, too?
Okay, what part of "you win" do you not understand?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

@MM

Your twisting my words again. I have been convinced that having a roleblocker around is not such a bad thing after all. That's what I meant by "you win".

I will never admit to being scum. You will have to prove it.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

qwints wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote: I will never admit to being scum. You will have to prove it.
That seems to imply that you're scum...
Yeah. What of it?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #29) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

qwints wrote:kay. plz die now.
Kay. You first, though.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #30) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

I can see Ythill's strategy. He is not an idiot, therefore I can safely assume that he knew I was really scummy. But he had a small aprehension about me, so he decided to interrogate the leader of my bandwagon (MM), to see if he reacted like town or like scum. I assume if Monkeyman had reacted in a way that seemed townie-ish (however the hell that's accomplished), Ythill would be pressuring me instead.

Is my vote still on this guy? How rude of me.

Unvote

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #31) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:07 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

I'd like to hammer MonkeyMan. If he comes up town, I'll totally take the heat for it. I'll keep my vote in my pocket until he's at L-1.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #32) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:I'd like to hammer MonkeyMan. If he comes up town, I'll totally take the heat for it. I'll keep my vote in my pocket until he's at L-1.
Since the mafia still has 3 players, I would hope this would be enough to convince other people to unvote me. It's nice of Guppy to take the heat for lynching the town roleblocker when he is scum.
Well, if the mafia still has 3 players, that would mean there were 4 to begin with because we already killed one (12). And how do you know there are still three mafia anyway?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Ythill wrote:Nice move, Guppy. I'd think that, if you and MM were both town, a mafioso would have voted for MM by now. I wonder what you mean by, "If he comes up town, I'll totally take the heat for it." Will it be another case of:
Yeah, I'm scummy, so what?
Actually, could you explain why you've been so lax in defending yourself. Also, why did you not vote MM in #332?
I'm not defending my scummy behavior because there is no defense for it.
I can't say it's not scummy. That would be a lie, and I'd be lynched for it anyway.
I won't beg you guys to excuse it, because I know you won't anyway.
And I won't promise you I'm town, because nobody will buy it.
I'd love to say something that would convince you that I'm not Mafia.
But clearly, there's nothing I can do.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #34) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Ythill wrote:Why didn't you vote for MM in #332?
I thought about voting for him, but I hesitated. There was still a part of me that thought he might be telling the truth. I didn't want a sneaky Mafioso to hammer our roleblocker on the off chance I was wrong.

I don't think I'm wrong, though. I still think Monkey is scum. He's at L-1, so I have a promise I have to keep.

STOP! Hammah time!

Vote: MonkeyMan576

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #35) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:48 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Dammit! And I even breadcrumbed my role. I was going to whip it out and become unlynchable. Well, I guess it's better for the game that I'm out of the way. [/dies]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”