Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #42 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

Hi everyone.
unvote:

Thanks nat self voting as usual. Don't know what to think about ortolan's set up question. Kind of agree with Crazy that he looks like the lyncher that want's more info.
@tajo: It was a direct question in regards to lyncher. Mafia tend to be able to talk for the first 24 hours in most games to get idea on who is who and what to say. Don't know if this game is different. Anyways if not then they probably asked would ask the mod via PM instead of in thread.
TehVariable; Why Nat over ortolan's self vote?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #46 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

TehVariable wrote:
TehVariable; Why Nat over ortolan's self vote?
You should know what the word oversight means. I like to give people some credit. I only noticed Nat's self vote.
The votes where back to back. ortolan's vote was first then Nat

unvote:

preview is my friend.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:23 am

Post by farside22 »

neko2086 wrote:no lynch is not usually helpful.
farside wrote:Thanks nat self voting as usual.
Are you aware this has already been established?

TehVariable, why would the first person to random-vote be scummier than the second person to do so?
Also, I will hereafter be referring to you as TV.
I'm aware and think it's terrible thing to do.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:13 am

Post by farside22 »

neko2086 wrote:TV- sorry, I did mean random self-vote. You cited as a reason for voting Ortolan the fact that he self-voted first, and now you're saying that it isn't really scummy. So, can you clarify why you think he's scummy?

Farside- It seems funny that you would bring it up again. It was a completely unnecessary attempt to take heat off that wasn't there.
Read sarcasm in my first post. I wasn't bringing it up because of what was said it was a comment more for Nat and my feelings on it. Nothing more.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:51 am

Post by farside22 »

ortolan wrote:
Thanks nat self voting as usual. Don't know what to think about ortolan's set up question. Kind of agree with Crazy that he looks like the lyncher that want's more info.
Crappy argument. Explain to me how it's not a reasonable and expected question in an open setup, and why I wouldn't just pm the mod instead if I were the lyncher to avoid giving away lyncher-tells to such perceptive types as you
Well then mafia who forgot to ask the question? I mean really anyone can PM a mod and ask a question.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:06 am

Post by farside22 »

pop: This was your question:
populartajo wrote:We begin, Crazy? Why wouldn't scum post that?
My answer was in the quote:
Um...what? It was clearly a question about the setup, people can read too much into things
Why did you feel the need to ask the question?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by farside22 »

Received prod. Will have more time tomorrow to catch up. Thanks
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:57 am

Post by farside22 »

First off ortolan I started by post by making comments about what has happened thus far in the game. As I have replaced in many games I always do this so if I get lost or forget something (I get into too many games sometimes) I can go back to that comment I made and remind myself of things in the game.
Second the most interesting thing was your comment. However I think scum might ask the question pre-game, but could have not thought about it. So yes it can look like scum trying to find the lyncher to insure they win the game the best they can.
Finally calling people scummy based on your question is OMGUS kind of comment. People are talking about what they find. You will be questioned to death about scummy things. It happens. If you are town you point out things you find scummy (which I note you did but most is based on those who asked you about your comment).
The problem we are running across is focus. Everyone is focused on one person. Unvotes do not help put pressure on people. This game is small enough that pressure votes could flush out the scum.

unvote:
vote: Darox

Who do you find scummy so far and why? What is with the unvote and nothing to follow up with it?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #77 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:07 am

Post by farside22 »

neko2086 wrote:Personally, I like his unvote better than his vote for a no-lynch, which reminds me...

Darox, what was with the no-lynch vote?
Personally I think both were useless.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #83 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:23 am

Post by farside22 »

ortolan wrote:Um...I'm not the one being close-minded, people attempting a narrow interpretation of the question are
All I saw was people talking about the question. You pointing to each of them and saying they are scum for pointing it out.
Not everyone is scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:41 am

Post by farside22 »

neko2086 wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, a lyncher, by definition, is always given a town target.

Nobody, town or scum, should be playing for second place, either. If they are, they should be replaced. One of the standard mafia rules is "play to win."

Crazy, by lyncher-hunting, are you talking about just figuring out who the lyncher is, or are you talking about actually trying to get the lyncher lynched?
I don't see that is what Crazy is talking about. He is saying those who are talking about ortolan as the lyncher could be town or scum. How did you read Crazy's post the other way?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #102 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:42 am

Post by farside22 »

charter wrote:farside22, Darox, neko2086 have been prodded.
After three prods you get replaced, so keep posting!
No offense but my last post was 48 hours ago. Your front page says every 72 hours. If you are expecting 48 hours then you can replace me as weekends are usually nuts for me.

Tajo: Your gut is all you have in these game?
meh I think tajo could be town I just feel like giving him a hard time. I'm not getting anything from Darox which is normal but he isn't even his usual joking self. Just something to ponder.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #109 (isolation #12) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:26 am

Post by farside22 »

I should be okay for Christmas even. However Christmas day I don't expect to be around.
Also I would like the mod to note weekends as always busy for me in the future.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #115 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:23 am

Post by farside22 »

Crazy wrote:On second thought, it is actually beneficial for scum to call someone else as a likely lyncher target, not to discredit their arguments, but to make them a nonviable lynch target, in the case that they were their scum-partner.

What do you think of that, ortolan? As I see it, someone that says "Player X is the lyncher" is more likely scum defending their scum-partner rather than scum trying to discredit all of a townie's arguments.
I think my head hurts with that type of logic.
I could see the mafia trying to figure out who the lyncher is as if the lyncher wins they lose. They may and try and figure out who the lynchers target is so they try and stay away from the lynch so they don't lose. It's a precarious position I just realized as typically mafia like to get anyone but there scum buddy lynched, but now have to worry about a lyncher who could win the game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #119 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:25 am

Post by farside22 »

I get what crazy is saying I just don't see that as what happened. This type of game feels more like something where scum will hide under the radar to figure things out.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #145 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:25 am

Post by farside22 »

Kmd: reading your views and seeing Darox at the bottom of your suspect list why do you vote for him if he is at the bottom of the suspect list for 4 pages? What changed?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #154 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:34 am

Post by farside22 »

ortolan wrote:
Unvote
to promote discursion
How do you think unvoting helps promote disucssion expect to ask why you unvoted.
FOS

Darox should have more to say then hi at this point. How about actually playing and scum hunting.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #165 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Crazy wrote:Oohkay, now this must sound weird, but I'm not all that sure Darox is scum. His playstyle in this game is... weird, but I'm lost on why scum would adopt a weird playstyle, especially one that makes him look so scummy.

If you think that's WIFOM, then think again on what the chances are of Darox purposely adopting a scummy playstyle to look more pro-town. Yeah...

And to be honest, I think Darox has quite a high chance of being the lynchee...
See the problem I have is Darox usually makes some effort that I can read and not just post to post. That is my biggest issue. I find it anti-town to say the least. Trouble is I really don't have a good read on many others.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #191 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by farside22 »

I <3 u crazy.
unvote:
vote: ortolan
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #195 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:55 am

Post by farside22 »

ortolan wrote:Oh btw, if only for my own benefit, assuming farside is the lyncher, I'm calling out Crazy and neko as the scum-team (voting me for crappy and transparently crappy at that reasons)
I really think Darox is acting scummy but I agree with you about Crazy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #200 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by farside22 »

Crazy wrote:I'd argue my case, but really there's no point... either farside is the lyncher and we've just lost, or she's scum and we lynch her tomorrow.

So... pff.
Please I'm the lyncher and you know it scum!!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #208 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:38 am

Post by farside22 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Neko/Crazy scum team?
I'm starting to think so because of Darox comment. I'm good with the game ending here and the lyncher winning. Usually the game isn't played with second place typically.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #210 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:23 am

Post by farside22 »

neko2086 wrote:Ending the game is fine. Does anyone really care if they get 2nd place? You still lose.

Well done, farside. I thought you may be the lyncher, but I didn't expect ort to be your target. :(
I know I'm awesome that way. :P

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”