Mini Normal 2313: I am sitting in a room (game over)

BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:54 pm

Post by BlackStar »

Hi

VOTE: Shrek

You can’t trust ogres
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:07 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 17, Black wrote:
In post 8, Charles510 wrote: Hey there, fellow Mafia enthusiasts!
Hi Charles! This post was really cute
In post 12, Generic wrote: vote Generic
This made me lol
In post 15, Gumiguy wrote: Must be dog people
scoffs

~~~

VOTE: BlackStar

There can be only one black
There’s no need for black on black crime lol
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:35 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 31, Charles510 wrote: Of course to be fair I must admit that I have been using ChatGPT to generate some posts. Sorry about that. It's just a tool that I use to help me with my writing skill.
I thought that your posts sounded a bit robotic but wondered if it would be rude to say that
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:37 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 32, Andante wrote: lol I love how yall had the exact same reaction to that post as me, and by Charles not having it, and ignoring it completely, slightly sus of Charles for a partner

VOTE: AnimatedWiz
It doesn't seem THAT suspicious, but I'll keep an eye on them
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:50 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 65, Andante wrote: What I don’t know about is the “don’t like Charles gpt post, not good!!” stuff followed by no votes there, like… no votes??

idk i’m on phone and have spent most of today sleeping
Thinking that the Chat GPT stuff is weird isn't the same thing as thinking that it's inherently scummy
In post 66, Andante wrote: dann’s playstyle this game seems too chill/laid back, I also don’t know what I think of it

bug’s early readslist is probably a good sign for bug, time shall tell, but that’s definitely not the kind of effort scum would likely give this slow paced game
Why do you think that this game is slow-paced? It seems like everyone is already firing on all syllables and trying to find anything to latch onto.

I agree that brrightbluebug's read list feels townie
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:53 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 93, Andante wrote:
In post 52, Black wrote: bob feels town. I like his point re: Andante. Making associations this early kinda feels like they are trying to do too much? Like "hey I'm solving I'm so town"
I could see a Black and bob team tbh, bob is the only one Black has made a point to go "I think X is town BECAUSE of this reason" and then the 3rd is likely in shrek/gumi/afrayed or something like that
I agree with the post from Black that you quoted. You've been very active but your posting style seems like you're trying way too hard to look like you're trying to figure things out. Maybe you're being genuine, but the aggressiveness is rubbing me the wrong way
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:54 am

Post by BlackStar »

It's like you wanted to rush out of RVS the second it started and you're throwing shade at everyone who isn't trying to move as quickly as you
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:57 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 101, Andante wrote:
In post 99, BlackStar wrote: It's like you wanted to rush out of RVS the second it started and you're throwing shade at everyone who isn't trying to move as quickly as you
* I don't do rvs
* I'm just giving my thoughts on stuff as I read it, knowing full well I'm going to fall behind

like, I'm literally just trying my best here with what yall are giving me to work with, I'm off of work right now, thus I have the time to give this my all, thus I am here. not entirely sure the issue? If you wanna take charge/get people to start playing, be my guest!! but hey, I literally have to start somewhere to get reads, and as time moves on, my reads evolve
It just feels a bit unnatural to me as opposed to just letting things develop on their own
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:59 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 102, Gumiguy wrote: Most of the arguments with Andante seem more like a clash of playstyle than a clash of win condition to me. Her aggression is unusual, yes, but aggression itself isn't scummy.
You're right. I agree that this is mostly a difference of playstyles
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:31 am

Post by BlackStar »

Charles, do you scum read anyone at the moment?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:56 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 143, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: blackstar
What’s this about?
In post 144, Charles510 wrote: [quote=BlackStar post_id=13918111 post_num=142 time=<a href="tel:1695159095" style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">1695159095</a> user_id=26973]
Charles, do you scum read anyone at the moment?
Not really. It's still way too early
[/quote]
Fair. So everyone is still null to you?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:57 am

Post by BlackStar »

I’m so bad at quoting
In post 144, Charles510 wrote:
In post 142, BlackStar wrote: Charles, do you scum read anyone at the moment?
So everyone is still null to you?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:47 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 147, Dannflor wrote: your ratio of posts to content is not great

you've made a lot of nothing comments and posts

the biggest stance you've taken is that brightbluebug's read list was townie

and then you come in after a bunch of discussion on adante, black, gumiguy, animatedwiz, and instead of engaging with any of that discussion, you shoot a question towards someone who has basically offered up no game content yet

you just seem little too afraid to rock the boat with your posting
Obviously I'm biased, but I completely disagree with your assessment of me lol

How was I not "rocking the boat" when I mentioned that I felt that Andante was being really aggressive and a bit unnatural with how they were trying to force the game to progress? That was me engaging with them

I asked Charles that question for the exact reason that you mentioned: he hasn't given his opinion on anything at all and I wanted to know what he was thinking.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 153, Dannflor wrote: ok so do you scum read adante?
I'm choosing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now and say that they're probably just overeager town. But there's a chance that they're scum trying to look busy. I guess I'll say that I'm 70% sure they're town right now
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 155, Andante wrote:
In post 154, BlackStar wrote:
In post 153, Dannflor wrote: ok so do you scum read adante?
I'm choosing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now and say that they're probably just overeager town. But there's a chance that they're scum trying to look busy. I guess I'll say that I'm 70% sure they're town right now
How was anything I said “trying to look busy”??
For the most part, you’ve controlled the flow of the game so far more than anyone else. It’s easy to town read you because you seem to be serious about making things happen and figure people out.

But that’s also why it’s a great strategy for the scum team to take. You’re active and confrontational, so most people would doubt that you could be scum. That’s all I mean
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:07 am

Post by BlackStar »

At this point multiple people have said that Andante’s posts felt a bit unnatural but that they ultimately town read her. Which is the same thing that I said. I’m not sure what the problem is
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:38 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 179, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 165, BlackStar wrote: At this point multiple people have said that Andante’s posts felt a bit unnatural but that they ultimately town read her. Which is the same thing that I said. I’m not sure what the problem is
I don't Town read her, but besides that. Your post kinda felt like you didn't want to take a stance. So in my point of view you look like partners
That doesn’t make sense to me. I took the stance that she’s most likely town. It wouldn’t really make much sense for a member of the scum team to say that they town read their partner but they’re also a little wary of them. It would be better to take a strong stance for or against them.

This is only my second game after not playing not at all for years, but I’m positive that I would just completely throw my partners under the bus if I was playing as scum lol. I know that me saying that probably isn’t worth much though
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:39 am

Post by BlackStar »

I don’t think I ever got an answer to this
In post 146, BlackStar wrote:
In post 144, Charles510 wrote:
In post 142, BlackStar wrote: Charles, do you scum read anyone at the moment?
So everyone is still null to you?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:22 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 186, bob3141 wrote:
In post 165, BlackStar wrote: At this point multiple people have said that Andante’s posts felt a bit unnatural but that they ultimately town read her. Which is the same thing that I said. I’m not sure what the problem is
its not much of an original thought. Its easy for scum to parrot the reads of town players if several town players have them
Only one person brought it up before me…
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:23 am

Post by BlackStar »

VOTE: Charles510

It feels strange that you haven’t really shared your thoughts on anything so far
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by BlackStar »

This is where I'm at right now

Town

Generic- conf town

Andante- I initially didn’t like how “hyperactive” her vibe is, for lack of a better word. They seemed desperate for things to move at a breakneck pace and to force associations between people. But at this point I’m pretty sure that they’re just trying their best to figure people out and be proactive.

Town Lean

Black- She’s been questioning people and coming to conclusions on her own. I feel good about Black

Gumiguy- Hasn’t posted much but it doesn’t feel like they’re just following others. I’m not really sure why but I get the vibe that they’re probably town

Afrayed Knott- They haven’t posted that much, but they’ve asked good questions and seem to be trying to figure people out

Hu Tao- Even though I disagree with almost all of her reads, I think I believe that she believes them. But there’s also a part of me that doesn’t want to trust her since she’s saying that I’m likely scum and need to be limmed lol.

Null

Bob3141- I liked him questioning Andante about how sure they are about their scum reads in post 47and saying that it’s too soon to be sure about that stuff. I also agreed with his point about Charle’s wagon following vote on Wiz being bad in post 84. I didn’t like post 186 where he tried to say that I was just parroting even though I posted my opinion before the vast majority did. Not sure if it was an intentional misrep or if he just wasn’t following the convo closely

Shrek- I liked their post about the Bob/Charles interaction. But then they dropped off the face of the Earth

Brightbluebug- hasn’t really said shit since dropping their early read list and getting townie points from some of us

Scum Lean

Dannflor- Not sure if I buy his scum read of me. I really don’t think it’s fair to say that I’ve come across as scared to rock the boat. Then he posted his scum read list and only listed me and all the people who have barely posted and didn't give any reasons for why he was sure they were scum. It looked like he was just going for low-hanging fruit. But then I realized that I have brightbluebug and Shrek pretty low on my list too, so there is a small chance that he's just misguided or lazy town. If Dannflor flipped as town, then Hu Tao would immediately drop into my scum lean section because at least 1 person on the wagon right now has got to be scum and we can obviously exclude Generic from suspicion.

Scum

Charles- Unwilling to share any thoughts about anything. Nobody else finds it weird that he’s so closed off? This might just be me being paranoid, but I find it strange that every time I try to put a little pressure on him something happens to completely deflect the attention away from him.

AnimatedWiz- Has been very wishy washy throughout the game. Seems unwilling to make any moves on their own. They’ve just been going along with whatever popular idea is gaining momentum.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 252, Dannflor wrote: charles is the definition of low hanging fruit
And yet nobody else really seems bothered by him
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:07 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 254, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 253, BlackStar wrote:

A lot of us have voted for him in the past, but he passed most people's vibe checks after that happened—trust me, several of us were bothered by him earlier.
That's what I mean. He hasn't done anything worthy of passing a vibe check, so I don't understand why everyone is so okay with him. Any discussion about him peters out almost immediately
In post 258, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 251, BlackStar wrote: Dannflor- Not sure if I buy his scum read of me.
If you were town you wouldn't buy it, regardless, so seems a strange sentence?
I've been keeping a reads list on my phone since the game started and updating it as things progress. I wasn't sure whether or not he seemed genuine to me at first and then later on I dropped him down to a scum lean and didn't delete that sentence
In post 259, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 251, BlackStar wrote: I really don’t think it’s fair to say that I’ve come across as scared to rock the boat
where was this said and by whom?
It was said by Dannflor when I originally asked why he voted for me. That was his reason
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:45 am

Post by BlackStar »

A lot of us have voted for him in the past, but he passed most people's vibe checks after that happened—trust me, several of us were bothered by him earlier.
If he’s passed the vibe check and you’re not bothered by him anymore, why is your vote still parked on him?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:53 am

Post by BlackStar »

VOTE: Animatedwhiz
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:02 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 278, pisskop wrote: VOTE: blackstar

I'd love to talk more with you about where you feel this game is at blackstar
I don't trust Charles and I don't trust AnimatedWhiz. I've been going back and forth in my head on whether I should leave my vote on Charles or move it to Whiz. They're both voting for each other but Charles only voted for Whiz because the person that you replaced did and Whiz doesn't seem to be too worried about Charles but won't move their vote.

I haven't seen anything that would give me a reason to town read Whiz. They don't commit to anything and don't seem to really believe in anything that say. Nobody else seems bothered by Charles

I've assumed that they're just scum partners bussing each other. But almost everyone else in the game thinks Charles is town. If my views are so different from everyone else, then I guess it's possible that I've been wrong about him. I don't have any doubts that Whiz is scum, so I'd rather go there than take the tiny chance of a mislim with Charles
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:04 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 288, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 265, BlackStar wrote:

That's what I mean. He hasn't done anything worthy of passing a vibe check, so I don't understand why everyone is so okay with him. Any discussion about him peters out almost immediately
In post 258, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 251, BlackStar wrote: Dannflor- Not sure if I buy his scum read of me.
If you were town you wouldn't buy it, regardless, so seems a strange sentence?
I've been keeping a reads list on my phone since the game started and updating it as things progress. I wasn't sure whether or not he seemed genuine to me at first and then later on I dropped him down to a scum lean and didn't delete that sentence
In post 259, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 251, BlackStar wrote: I really don’t think it’s fair to say that I’ve come across as scared to rock the boat
where was this said and by whom?
It was said by Dannflor when I originally asked why he voted for me. That was his reason
I’m not sure your response to my statement about Dann’s scrum read on you makes sense. Could you just clear up how you listing Dann as scum and then dropping him down that list, is connected to him having a scum read on you?
You said that sentence was weird. It was from when I had him in the null section. He scum read me, but I didn't know if I thought it was genuine or BS. I decided that I didn't believe that he believed what he was saying and moved him down to a scum lean and forgot to get rid of that sentence
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:07 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 298, Dannflor wrote: I’d like to know more specifics about your afrayed knott read
Do you have a specific question?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:13 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 283, pisskop wrote: I saw it posted but stopped at page 11 lol

Look for contradictions in logic.
In post 251, BlackStar wrote: but I find it strange that every time I try to put a little pressure on him something happens to completely deflect the attention away from him.
What do you mean? Shouldnt you feel like the people who are pulling attention away from charles are his scumbuddies? Where are your questions for them?
Every time that I mention him nobody really wants to get into it. I already questioned AnimatedWhiz about why they were still voting him after a post about how Charles passed everyone's vibe checks and they gave the excuse that they just meant that everyone thinks Charles is town, not her.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:15 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 301, Black wrote: I think I vibe with BlackStar town atm. He's really active and confrontational, which isn't inherently townie, but it's definitely not the ideal play for scum. He doesn't really seem to have any allies even though a lot of people are pushing him

I'm calling this right now. If Wiz flips scum then Dann is scum too
Thank you lol. You should hop on the Wiz wagon
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:40 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 307, Dannflor wrote:
In post 300, BlackStar wrote:
In post 298, Dannflor wrote: I’d like to know more specifics about your afrayed knott read
Do you have a specific question?
Why do you town read him

Your read was very vague there
They’re questioning and analyzing people and it feels like they’re trying to figure them out.
In post 167, Afrayed Knott wrote: After my first skim through, ( and that is what I did as there is so much there) my initial gut feeling is that Andante is pushy - is that a good think or bad thing not sure at the moment. I Acknowledge that she has a champion in her corner right now with Black stating they have played town together and initial thoughts from Black are that Andante is Town. But do we trust Black could be a bluff.

Blackstar also has a town read on Andante, or am I reading into that? I'm liking Blackstar atm.

Charles doesn't give me a good vibe right now. or in his AI generated parlance, he is not resonating with me.

Ani, well what to say, for someone who hasn't played much there is a deal of knowledge about Mafia lingo. And there is a lor of filler there, but I think that is probably because a lot of it was early doors when he was being "coached", no not coached "gentle advice" which if he was scum then surely that coaching might be happening in their thread? that is of course if his main advisor is mafia, but as they are declared as an innocent child then probably not. That or scum have thrown Ani to the town as a sacrifice. No I think Ani is Town atm.

Hu Tau... hmmmmmmmmm

Dann, well where to start, inquisitive and asking levelled questions, no read atm

Gumi, really hasn't said much that sticks out to me other than post 102. deflection?

Blue Bug. I get a null feel right now.

If I've missed anyone I shall catch up with you as we now progress. these are my first impressions, and based on which

VOTE: Hu Tau
They came in and shared their thoughts on the game quickly
In post 169, Afrayed Knott wrote: Yeah Agree with Gen about the statement by Bob and any Protective in game ,

Ani did you get a reply from Dann on this . you didn't. is it important, well surely you asked a question it wasn't answered. Did you loss track of it? probably as Black actually picked it up for you and asked Dann for you...?

Bob is looking town to me right now, but after a second read my scumdar has moved with regard Dann. questions statements, but no answers. and the whole convo with Black about that question... seems a little contrite to me

My word Shrek, you don't say much do you, I know I am a fine one to talk, it takes me to D4 IRL to actually get going, but hey.
They continued to do that and ask questions for more clarification. Their ISO is mostly stuff like that
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:43 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 323, Andante wrote:
In post 193, Charles510 wrote: Whoa, hold up, wait. Let me read and come up with some things.
that doesn't come from new scum??

In post 324, Andante wrote:
In post 197, Charles510 wrote:
In post 195, Black wrote: UNVOTE:

I kind of expected a different response from Charles here if he's a new player that rolled scum. I feel like it's more likely he would ask for advice in the scum PT rather than quickly posting that he'll read and "come up with some stuff"
Thank you for that. I'm pretty new to mafia and don't know what to say.
and that too??
I agree about not seeing why those posts would be considered townie
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:49 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 358, AnimatedWiz wrote: That’s rather possible, but I think Shrek is the most suspicious out of that group. Their only “real” posts ( and ) seem to have analysis, but ultimately both just say certain people
could
be town and
in doing so try to take heat off certain people (me, Andante, Charles, and Bob).
It comes off as rather weak and wishy-washy, even in my opinion.

VOTE: Shrek
Something about the bolded part feels weird to me and I’m not sure what it is. The quick unvote after that where Wiz doesn’t even consider that Shrek could’ve been scum who popped up again because they knew they were about to get prodded also feels wrong.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:56 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 491, bob3141 wrote: after a quick skim

VOTE: brightbluebug

really hasnt done anythign since their read wall. A read wall doesnt match with the level of activity they have as you usualy expect more reads to go around it. But their case the read wall has every mention of a read in it

Also dont like their last post.
Always a bit of flag when some ask about a player but doesnt give any extra on that slot

Bright what is your read on blackstar?
Lol
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:05 am

Post by BlackStar »

I just thought it was funny that you said "It's a red flag when people ask about someone without giving their own opinion. By the way, what do you think of this person I haven't given my read on?"
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:07 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 497, Black wrote: Bob what is your read on BlackStar?
I'm interested to hear his reads on everyone
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:29 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 501, bob3141 wrote:
In post 498, BlackStar wrote: I just thought it was funny that you said "It's a red flag when people ask about someone without giving their own opinion. By the way, what do you think of this person I haven't given my read on?"
I see you havent realised your mistake as i never said that. i said "give any extra" not reads.
What do you mean by any extra?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:50 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 510, bob3141 wrote:
In post 505, BlackStar wrote:
In post 501, bob3141 wrote:
In post 498, BlackStar wrote: I just thought it was funny that you said "It's a red flag when people ask about someone without giving their own opinion. By the way, what do you think of this person I haven't given my read on?"
I see you havent realised your mistake as i never said that. i said "give any extra" not reads.
What do you mean by any extra?
VOTE: Blackstar

your question is classic case of scum asking pointless questions. classic example of a sealioning question.

Like what was this meant to achieve. any extra/anything extra is kind of self explanatory.
You didn't share your own thoughts. I would think that would be "anything extra" but you said that I made a mistake, so I just wanted to know what you meant
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:50 am

Post by BlackStar »

I barely even want to play anymore because apparently anything that I say is scummy
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #39) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:24 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 550, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 474, Black wrote: Merlyn is town
No I don’t think so.
Why is that?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #40) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:10 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 558, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 555, Hu Tao wrote: Hmm we need to come to consensus soon..

Hm, as much time as four days seems right now, I think you're right—with how slow we've all been to build truly sizeable wagons, we might find ourselves having to suddenly hammer someone a few hours before the end of Day 1 if we're not careful.

As much as I like not being up for elimination, I'm curious as to why Bob and Afrayed are now claiming to believe both me and Blackstar are town? With how long it's taken to get to just 4-5 votes on each wagon, I suppose the logic about scum being hesitant/split could make sense, but at the same I would think it more likely they'd be more active in trying to consolidate their votes to get rid of someone who was town—I guess what I'm saying is, it feels more likely to me that the Blackstar or I is scum and the scumteam is trying to not have to bus a teammate this early.

I suppose that train of thought would mean that Bob and Afrayed could be scum, and I guess Blackstar or I (or even both) would be as well. I definitely trust Bob the most out of the three, so I think it would more likely be Afrayed and Blackstar in opinion.
Again, this logic might not be the case, and I would love to hear what they say about my theory.

But, uh, acting on that logic (and to avoid a panic vote in the final hours of Day 1), VOTE: Blackstar.
There are a few things about this post that are bothering me but for now I’ll just focus on the biggest thing, which I bolded. Neither Bob or Afrayed are on either of our wagons right now. If you were just talking about the scum team being split on our wagons, then why would you leap to the conclusion that those guys must be scum?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #41) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:26 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 561, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 560, BlackStar wrote:
There are a few things about this post that are bothering me but for now I’ll just focus on the biggest thing, which I bolded. Neither Bob or Afrayed are on either of our wagons right now. If you were just talking about the scum team being split on our wagons, then why would you leap to the conclusion that those guys must be scum?

I think you misunderstood me. Specifically, I’m saying their argument about scum being split on our wagons
doesn’t
seem likely to me—it wouldn’t really make sense for scum to be split on our wagons if we were both town.

I instead feel it’s more likely that you or I are scum, and that the scumteam is trying to avoid voting to prevent a teammate from being eliminated—even voting the other person could still put heat on the other if they flip as town.

Again, this is not the only possibility, but I feel it’s one of the most plausible.
Okay, I get what you meant.

But I don’t think there would ever be a downside to bussing a teammate, especially on Day One. It would earn you townie points for helping to get rid of one of the scum. If anything, people would be more suspicious of anyone who was resisting the wagon and finding reasons to vote elsewhere.

The timing of your vote just feels like you thought Hu Tao gave you a good opening to finally jump on my wagon.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (isolation #42) » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:37 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 572, Andante wrote: bob's interactions with bug feel very partnery
Would someone really advise their teammate in front of the town like that?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:12 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 601, Afrayed Knott wrote: Charles510, Gumiguy, BlackStar, Black why the vote on Ani/Wiz?

and

Dannflor, Hu Tao, pisskop, AnimatedWiz why the vote on Blackstar?
I just don’t get the feeling that Wiz’s posts are sincere. They’ve been fence sitting a lot and not really taking a strong stance on anything
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:14 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 604, Charles510 wrote: After rereading Annie I think my vote was kind of an Oh My God You Suck reaction to him voting for me. I don’t know what to think about him anymore so I’m just going to
Unvote
for now.
You voted for Wiz waaaaaay before they voted for you, so this explanation doesn’t make sense
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:15 am

Post by BlackStar »

Maybe I missed it but did you say why you don’t think Merlyn is scum, Afrayed?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (isolation #46) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:16 am

Post by BlackStar »

Sorry, I meant town
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (isolation #47) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:05 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 637, Dannflor wrote: I think bug can very easily flip scum but it's not as high confidence as I would like and
the flip gives us less information than Blackstar
Good point

That should be E-2, right?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #48) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:51 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 643, Merlyn wrote: so are you just giving up or...
If me dying helps the town to come together and narrow down who the scum team is, then maybe it's a valid option. I've pushed Wiz and Charles but I've started to doubt my scum reads of them a little bit. I think Afrayed is town and the arguments for Bug haven't been that strong. Sof if we HAVE to lim someone, I guess I'm a decent choice because it would force you all to analyze everyone's reasons for joining the wagon. I would prefer to stay alive though
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (isolation #49) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:54 am

Post by BlackStar »

My top scum read right now is Hu Tao, but I don't think you'll agree to lim them
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (isolation #50) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:32 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 664, Merlyn wrote:
In post 645, BlackStar wrote:
In post 643, Merlyn wrote: so are you just giving up or...
If me dying helps the town to come together and narrow down who the scum team is, then maybe it's a valid option. I've pushed Wiz and Charles but I've started to doubt my scum reads of them a little bit. I think Afrayed is town and the arguments for Bug haven't been that strong. Sof if we HAVE to lim someone, I guess I'm a decent choice because it would force you all to analyze everyone's reasons for joining the wagon. I would prefer to stay alive though
In post 647, BlackStar wrote: My top scum read right now is Hu Tao, but I don't think you'll agree to lim them
Yeah, I think you're probably town. If you're writing this as scum, like bravo but I don't think you are.

We have some opposing reads- why do you think Afrayed is town and Hu Tao is scum?
The main people who have been on my wagon are Dannflor, Hu Tao, and Generic/Pisskop. Wiz also joined later on. Pisskop is conf town and stuff like Dannflor's most recent post chain has made me feel like he's town and legitimately trying to sort everything out. If he was scum, there wouldn't be any reason to back off after my self-vote. Wiz has been pretty flip-floppy and I saw that as being opportunistic before, but now I think they're just really unsure about everyone.

At least one person on my wagon has to be scum, and Hu Tao is the only person left based on the process of elimination. Also, she doesn't really offer much to the conversation other than saying that she thinks I'm scum and getting happy whenever someone talks about limming me. For the most part, she's just been hanging in the shadows.

As for why I town read Afrayed, I've already mentioned a couple of times that it just feels like he's probing people and trying to get answers
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #51) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:34 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 669, Hu Tao wrote: Sure I can do this

VOTE: afrayed
You've said this whole game that you weren't sure about him being scum, so why are you so ready to lim him now?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #52) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by BlackStar »

VOTE: Hu Tao
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (isolation #53) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:20 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 780, Gumiguy wrote: i suppose that's a confidence issue then. i just dont trust myself to do anything accurately.
So do it inaccurately. Just try
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (isolation #54) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:31 am

Post by BlackStar »

It’s definitely hypocritical of me to say this but I’m not loving Afrayed’s self vote. I’m not sure what he wanted it to accomplish
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (isolation #55) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by BlackStar »

VOTE: Andante
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (isolation #56) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:26 pm

Post by BlackStar »

UNVOTE:

Sorry, I thought that would be funny
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (isolation #57) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 800, Andante wrote:
In post 747, bob3141 wrote: Afrayed Knott be warned i might end up hammering if your still self voting by the end of teh day
I'm still on this, even though it was a town flip, it's like, this post feels SO SCUMMY
Why is it scummy? I’m not defending him, but wouldn’t it be easy as scum to just make up a BS reason and go for the hammer instead of announcing that you’re giving someone a lot of time before you’ll hammer them?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (isolation #58) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:49 pm

Post by BlackStar »

VOTE: Hu Tao
In post 820, Black wrote: VOTE: Hu Tao

If Hu Tao flips scum I think Dann might flip scum too
What makes you say that?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (isolation #59) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:50 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 861, Andante wrote:
In post 859, Black wrote:
In post 858, Andante wrote:
In post 850, Dannflor wrote: brightbluebug, gumiguy, and bob3141
there's genuinely no way that is the entire team... I'd only believe it if I saw it
Why is this so hard to believe?
I've never seen a team of just the lhf like that before, like bob is scared scum right now, he doesn't know what to post, so I understand that one, the other 2? just doing nothing?? there's like always a scum partner that'll like take charge or whatever. and of that trio, I'm not seeing a leader.

bug is likely just town, that partner interaction with afrayed thing... ehh probably just means town, and like I was talking about before I yeeted afrayed, we are in trouble because we have town doing absolutely nothing/not caring...

I want to yeet bob first because I know this is scum!bob
I really don't think it's fair that you keep saying that you're the only person who's doing anything. People might not be jumping to agree with every idea you have, but that doesn't mean we're just sitting on our asses. Everybody has their own way of doing things.

Right now I still think that Hu Tao is the most likely person to be scum, but I think it's possible that Bug is her partner
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (isolation #60) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:52 am

Post by BlackStar »

Something that I noticed on day one was that Hu Tao kept saying that she was unsure about Bug. And when the push started for a bug wagon late on Day One, instead of commenting on that she completely ignored that it was happening. I thought that was interesting
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (isolation #61) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:59 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 865, Andante wrote:
In post 862, BlackStar wrote: Everybody has their own way of doing things.
you don't actually seem mad afrayed flipped town there...
Running around saying "I told you so!" wouldn't be very helpful.
In post 866, Andante wrote: VOTE: blackstar
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (isolation #62) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:06 am

Post by BlackStar »

Why is Bob "conf scum"?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (isolation #63) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:34 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 906, bob3141 wrote:
In post 897, Andante wrote: bob. is. scum.
says the guy who hammered an obvous townie. Even if they might have been a liability with that tantrum after they got run up,
How can you call Afrayed an obvious townie now if you were willing to hammer him?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (isolation #64) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:36 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 954, Dannflor wrote:
In post 942, AnimatedWiz wrote: I really am townreading you, Andante, but I feel like you’re barking up the wrong tree again. Sure, Bob had some scummy stuff going on at the end of D1, but I don’t feel like the evidence is as damming for him as it is for other people.

Are we still going to ignore that fact that multiple people flip-flopped on their votes immediately on D2? I feel like Blackstar is still the better elimination here due to both that and D1.

is the point here that people flip flopping means that scum were looking for an excuse to get off of blackstar? because i think scum would be way more likely to stay on blackstar if they were planning a D1 bus
He's talking about the beginning of D2 when everyone voted Andante without explaining and then I voted for her too and unvoted 30 seconds later
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (isolation #65) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:29 am

Post by BlackStar »

UNVOTE:

It didn't look like Black was role fishing at all. I would never have thought that you were a cop based on that post before you got angry at Black and accused her of that.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (isolation #66) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:45 am

Post by BlackStar »

VOTE: Brightbluebug
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (isolation #67) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:46 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1034, pisskop wrote:
In post 1029, Dannflor wrote: and then bob is one
I 100% missed this one.

Where?
He claimed to be the cop
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (isolation #68) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:09 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1125, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 1121, bob3141 wrote:
In post 1120, AnimatedWiz wrote: Hey, I’ll be real honest—I think I might have missed something about the case on Merlyn?

From what I understand, she was early on the Afrayed train and has been weird and attacking who we now know are likely Townies, right?

Is there anything else here that I’m missing aside from that? I want to make sure I’m fully updated before I cast my vote—information is key, after all.
whats your opinion on them though?

cant tell if your trying to diffuse/defend meryl or angle onto the wagon

D1, I was rather keen about her, since she came in and starting talking a lot more than her predecessor and made good points in general, which in hindsight isn’t the most pressing evidence.

D2, not as much—she was major leader on the Afrayed train, and was rather antagonistic towards you before your identity as a Town Cop came out. I wouldn’t scumread her more than BlackStar, but at this point she’s a light scumread. It seems like a lot of people are scumreading her far more, and I’m not sure why—that’s why I asked, because I feel like I’m missing something that would cause that intensification.
Pisskop is conf town. Black and Hu Tao have been potentially cleared as town. Bob claimed cop. Andante and Dannflor have acted very townie.

So that leaves Merlyn, Bug, Gumiguy, Charles, and you as people who could be scum.

Out of the potential candidates for scum, only you and Merlyn were on Afrayed's wagon when it got hammered, so that's one of the reasons why people are focused on her right now.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (isolation #69) » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:46 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 928, brightbluebug wrote: VOTE: bob
I just realized that this is Bug’s first vote of the entire game. How did we not notice that before?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (isolation #70) » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:09 am

Post by BlackStar »

I know that you pointed out how he had Bob as a town read and then voted for him when the attention shifted to him. But I meant that we should've noticed sooner that he'd gone all this time without placing a single vote.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (isolation #71) » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:31 am

Post by BlackStar »

I think we should lim Bug today
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (isolation #72) » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:18 am

Post by BlackStar »

Did everyone get around to reading through everything?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (isolation #73) » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:59 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1224, pisskop wrote: I mean, you sure could call the IC out for coaching the scum team if you were in the mood :shifty:
:lol:
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (isolation #74) » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by BlackStar »

Here’s the post where Afrayed was eliminated. You can look at that page and the one before it to see who was here
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (isolation #75) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:51 am

Post by BlackStar »

I like how much effort Jackson has put into getting caught up and showing us their thoughts throughout the process. It seems towny to me because I doubt that a member of the scum team would go this far.

I’m town so all the conspiracy theory stuff you’ve said about me is wrong and I’m happy to clear anything up.

As for what Black asked about why my read on Dannflor changed, I already mentioned it in this post. He’s been willing to remain open minded about people and seems to be working hard to solve things. It doesn’t feel like he’s being manipulative or just following the crowd, so I think he’s probably town.

Hu Tao has been potentially cleared and I town read Andante, so the only person from my D1 wagon who I’m still unsure about is Wiz
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (isolation #76) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:02 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1275, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1274, BlackStar wrote: I like how much effort Jackson has put into getting caught up and showing us their thoughts throughout the process. It seems towny to me because I doubt that a member of the scum team would go this far.

I’m town so all the conspiracy theory stuff you’ve said about me is wrong and I’m happy to clear anything up.

As for what Black asked about why my read on Dannflor changed, I already mentioned it in this post. He’s been willing to remain open minded about people and seems to be working hard to solve things. It doesn’t feel like he’s being manipulative or just following the crowd, so I think he’s probably town.

Hu Tao has been potentially cleared and I town read Andante, so the only person from my D1 wagon who I’m still unsure about is Wiz
Did you read all of what I said?
Yeah
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (isolation #77) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:05 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1277, JacksonVirgo wrote: Are you sure? I directly asked you something in the midst of it
Do you mean the part about Wiz? I started off scum reading him because he seemed to not take a stand on anything and just follow the crowd. Then I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he was just an unsure townie. But almost every post that he makes rubs me the wrong way and just feels like he's leaving the door open to jump on any wagon in the future, so I think I'm still leaning scum on him
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (isolation #78) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:19 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1282, Black wrote: I don't think your reasons for town!Dann are good enough to remove him from your PoE all together. It doesn't really feel believable. To me it seems like you both scumread each other to distance and then came up with ways to remove each other from your PoEs
In post 672, BlackStar wrote: If he was scum, there wouldn't be any reason to back off after my self-vote
I can think of a couple reasons he would do that as scum if you're town. But he would have more reason to back off if you're both scum
I know that I’m town, so I’m not sure what to tell you
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (isolation #79) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:52 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1289, Black wrote:
In post 1286, BlackStar wrote: I know that I’m town, so I’m not sure what to tell you
Why is your first thought here "I need to reiterate I'm town" instead of wondering why scum!Dann would back off of town!you? You said there wouldn't be any reason for him to do that as scum. I'm saying there are a couple reasons he would, but you're not questioning that. Is that something you actually believe? I don't get the vibe that you're actually trying to sort Dannflor this game
I assumed that you meant he was trying to pocket me. But I don't see how that would be the best option for him when everyone was on board with limming me then. It would make much more sense for him to just keep on trying to lim me.

Is there some other reason that you were thinking of?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (isolation #80) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:53 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1299, Black wrote:
In post 1295, Dannflor wrote: like actually why does it make any sense for blackstar to get upset and selfvote if it was a planned distancing thing
The self vote may have been a genuine frustration moment for him. I don't think your distancing plan included that
If him starting a wagon on me was part of a plan, then why would I feel any frustration?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (isolation #81) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:59 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1327, Black wrote:
In post 1321, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1299, Black wrote:
In post 1295, Dannflor wrote: like actually why does it make any sense for blackstar to get upset and selfvote if it was a planned distancing thing
The self vote may have been a genuine frustration moment for him. I don't think your distancing plan included that
If him starting a wagon on me was part of a plan, then why would I feel any frustration?
If there was a plan then I don't think it would have included hard bussing and fading you. You had a decent amount of support throughout D1 (myself included) so I can see frustration brewing from that support falling apart and your wagon gaining real steam
I know that saying this means nothing, but the only thing that frustrates me when I play is being scum read when I’m town. If I’m playing as scum then it doesn’t really bother me that much to be scum read because you’re right. Pushing for my lim as town instead of going after scum is what bothers me
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (isolation #82) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:05 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1334, Black wrote:
In post 1331, BlackStar wrote: I know that saying this means nothing, but the only thing that frustrates me when I play is being scum read when I’m town. If I’m playing as scum then it doesn’t really bother me that much to be scum read because you’re right. Pushing for my lim as town instead of going after scum is what bothers me
Sure I'm down for some self-meta. Do you not get frustrated as scum? Do you have any completed scum games on the site?
This is only my second game after not playing since 2018, so I'm mostly going off of my memory. I just know that people scum read me a lot as town and that I always had more fun playing as scum. I'll try to find old scum games
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (isolation #83) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:31 am

Post by BlackStar »

BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (isolation #84) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:33 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1370, JacksonVirgo wrote: That being said, I'm actually not confident blue is a wolf. I have them pretty low in my reads but like my gut is telling me that it isn't them, and if I were to try and put logic behind that feeling I'd say because it's been easy to push all game? But I'm aware that's mostly NAI by it's lonesome so I'll try and put some extra thought into that
Most people have said that they're suspicious of Bug but the wagon has stalled out and we keep moving off in other directions instead.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (isolation #85) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:43 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1378, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1374, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1370, JacksonVirgo wrote: That being said, I'm actually not confident blue is a wolf. I have them pretty low in my reads but like my gut is telling me that it isn't them, and if I were to try and put logic behind that feeling I'd say because it's been easy to push all game? But I'm aware that's mostly NAI by it's lonesome so I'll try and put some extra thought into that
Most people have said that they're suspicious of Bug but the wagon has stalled out and we keep moving off in other directions instead.
Are you insinuating this is resistance because they're a wolf?
Maybe. All I know is that they don't seem to be as easy to push as you said
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (isolation #86) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:45 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1381, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1380, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1378, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1374, BlackStar wrote:
Are you insinuating this is resistance because they're a wolf?
Maybe. All I know is that they don't seem to be as easy to push as you said
I should be more specific, they're easy to argue they're wolf.
Oh okay, gotcha. But if it's easy to argue that they're scum then isn't that a good reason to press them?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (isolation #87) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:03 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1393, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 791, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.22 /// FINAL
Afrayed Knott
(7):
Merlyn
, Black,
Dannflor
, AnimatedWiz, Hu Tao, Afrayed Knott, Andante
BlackStar
(1): pisskop
AnimatedWiz
(1):
Gumiguy

Hu Tao
(1):
BlackStar

Not Voting
(3):
brightbluebug
, bob3141, Charles510

With 13 alive, it took 7 votes to scuttle a player. Day 1 has ended (countdown: (expired on 2023-09-28 06:30:00)).

mod notes: Tussling, failing
This is the final D1 vote count—here we can see two of Jackson’s scumreads on Afrayed’s wagon, and 3 not.

I feel like out of those 5, Merlyn is the most likely scum on the wagon, with BlackStar the most likely off the wagon.
Based on what?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (isolation #88) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:10 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1410, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 1404, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1393, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 791, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.22 /// FINAL
Afrayed Knott
(7):
Merlyn
, Black,
Dannflor
, AnimatedWiz, Hu Tao, Afrayed Knott, Andante
BlackStar
(1): pisskop
AnimatedWiz
(1):
Gumiguy

Hu Tao
(1):
BlackStar

Not Voting
(3):
brightbluebug
, bob3141, Charles510

With 13 alive, it took 7 votes to scuttle a player. Day 1 has ended (countdown: (expired on 2023-09-28 06:30:00)).

mod notes: Tussling, failing
This is the final D1 vote count—here we can see two of Jackson’s scumreads on Afrayed’s wagon, and 3 not.

I feel like out of those 5, Merlyn is the most likely scum on the wagon, with BlackStar the most likely off the wagon.
Based on what?

Merlyn is the one I trust least on that wagon—I townread Dann, Hu Tao, Andante, and Black (in that order), and Afrayed is obviously town, so that leaves Merlyn as the only person on that wagon I really scumread. You made the same point earlier in D2.

For you, it’s the same reasons as before—I can go into detail later if you’d like.
Hu Tao and Black have already been potentially cleared, so why do you have them below Damn and Andante in your town reads?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (isolation #89) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:15 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1412, Black wrote: BlackStar do you have an updated readslist you wouldn't mind sharing?
Here

Town
Pisskop- conf town
Black- IC clear?
Bob3141- cop?
Hu Tao- cop clear?
Andante
Dannflor

Null
JacksonVirgo/Charles510
Merlyn
gob/Gumiguy

Scum
AnimatedWiz
Brightbluebug
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (isolation #90) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:16 am

Post by BlackStar »

Do you have one, Black?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (isolation #91) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:20 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1415, JacksonVirgo wrote: Oh huh, thought you had me Town
You’ve been very active and seem to be working hard to solve things. But you’re pushing hard for me to get eliminated, so I can’t be sure if you’re town or not yet
In post 1417, JacksonVirgo wrote: If Wiz was a wolf, would they not know that Black is soft-cleared?
I feel like a member of the town would definitely remember which people have been removed from the pool of potential scum
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (isolation #92) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:24 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1420, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1418, BlackStar wrote: You’ve been very active and seem to be working hard to solve things. But you’re pushing hard for me to get eliminated, so I can’t be sure if you’re town or not yet
If you're Town, are you saying being wrong is something that's scummy enough to take from that initial read? That makes little sense, there's the IC and a soft-cleared person pushing you too this feels disingenuous, I don't care about the read itself but the logic behind it is bad
I’m saying that I know that I’m town and you want me gone. Like you said, the IC and a soft cleared person are also pushing me, but you haven’t been cleared. So there’s no reason at this point for me to be certain that you’re a misguided townie instead of scum going for a mislim
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (isolation #93) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:32 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1424, JacksonVirgo wrote: Yes, but that being a reason to put me in null feels disingenuous
What’s disingenuous about it? Your questioning feels townie. But you’re also pushing for me to die. I want to trust you based on the effort you’ve put in but wanting me dead is a point against you. You haven’t done enough that I could confidently say “this guy is town”. All the people below you are also uncleared and have done stuff throughout the game that I didn’t love.

So to sum it up, I don’t like that you’re pushing hard for my mislim but your overall vibe seems pretty townie. That’s why you’re null
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (isolation #94) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:36 am

Post by BlackStar »

I’m just saying that it would be ridiculous to blindly put him down as town and ignore the fact that he’s trying to get rid of me. I never said that only scum would push me
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (isolation #95) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:50 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1429, Black wrote:
In post 1427, BlackStar wrote: I’m just saying that it would be ridiculous to blindly put him down as town and ignore the fact that he’s trying to get rid of me. I never said that only scum would push me
I don't think it's ridiculous to put someone you get town vibes from in your "town lean" pile. What I do find ridiculous is
not
doing that because your town lean is pushing you. You're acting like he's scummy just for pushing you, as if you don't think a townie would push you. But you think I'm town and I'm pushing you, so what do you really believe?
Again, you’re not understanding me. I never said that only scum would push me. All I said is that him pushing against me is enough for me to have him as null. I think that you’re town because I’ve been town reading you the entire game and you’ve been soft cleared
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (isolation #96) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:51 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1431, bob3141 wrote: blackstar incase JV is town adn your just omgusing

Tell us about your main 2 scum reads, as thats a better way to show us your town ig your town
I’ve already mentioned all the reasons why I don’t trust Bug and Wiz. Nothing has changed
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (isolation #97) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:53 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1439, Black wrote: Do you think JV pushing you is scummy or not?
I don’t know. That’s why he’s null
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (isolation #98) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:58 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1441, JacksonVirgo wrote: Black what's your read on Dann
In post 1442, JacksonVirgo wrote: Was asking BlackStar, I hate that you're both Black
You can call me Star if that’s less confusing for you. And I just answered why I townread Damn a couple of pages ago. Look in my iso for it
In post 1443, JacksonVirgo wrote: Also do you consider yourself experienced
Idk kinda, but not really. I haven’t played in 5 years and I wasn’t amazing before the break. I did use 2 alts back then in addition to this account
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (isolation #99) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:58 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1444, Black wrote: But you said he feels townie. So if you're not sure if him pushing you is alignment indicative, wouldn't you still lean town there? Would you have listed him as a town lean if he were pushing Wiz instead of you?
It would depend on why he was pushing Wiz
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (isolation #100) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:00 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1448, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1418, BlackStar wrote: I feel like a member of the town would definitely remember which people have been removed from the pool of potential scum
Um actually I want to go back to this because this also feels disingenous and just a statement to reject the pathway of "clearing" Wiz. Scum would know
THEIR KILL
was blocked, and would be hyperaware of the claimed protective why do you even remotely come back with this response if not to just keep your options open?
Because I didn’t think of that. Good point
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (isolation #101) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:02 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1453, Black wrote:
In post 1446, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1444, Black wrote: But you said he feels townie. So if you're not sure if him pushing you is alignment indicative, wouldn't you still lean town there? Would you have listed him as a town lean if he were pushing Wiz instead of you?
Ok so what is it about his push on you that makes you think there's ill intent here?
You keep acting as if I’m saying that he’s scummy. All that I’ve said is that I don’t know if there’s ill intent or not. I’d appreciate it if you would stop putting words in my mouth
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (isolation #102) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:05 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1455, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1452, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1448, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1418, BlackStar wrote: I feel like a member of the town would definitely remember which people have been removed from the pool of potential scum
Um actually I want to go back to this because this also feels disingenous and just a statement to reject the pathway of "clearing" Wiz. Scum would know
THEIR KILL
was blocked, and would be hyperaware of the claimed protective why do you even remotely come back with this response if not to just keep your options open?
Because I didn’t think of that. Good point
What did you think I was saying?
I didn’t remember how Hu Tao was cleared, just that she was cleared. So I thought it was possible that Wiz as scum could’ve forgotten about Hu Tao being cleared.

My bad lol
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (isolation #103) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:09 am

Post by BlackStar »

It’s not a joke. You’re just piling a lot on me and it’s hard to keep track of everything. I meant Black
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (isolation #104) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:13 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1463, JacksonVirgo wrote: Alright, I won't be considering that a dumb-tell because it's already been used once but you say it was a good point, how does that affect your Wiz read?
It doesn’t affect how I feel about Wiz. I was scum reading him way before that
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (isolation #105) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:16 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1464, Black wrote:
In post 1457, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1453, Black wrote:
In post 1446, BlackStar wrote:
Ok so what is it about his push on you that makes you think there's ill intent here?
You keep acting as if I’m saying that he’s scummy. All that I’ve said is that I don’t know if there’s ill intent or not. I’d appreciate it if you would stop putting words in my mouth
Sorry for the miscommunication. Hopefully you can understand how I'm reading your replies here. JV has pinged you as town, but he's in your null category because you're not sure if his push on you is scummy or not. When I asked you if JV pushing Wiz would've caused you to list JV as a town lean, you said that would depend on why JV was pushing Wiz. So that implies that you think there is an issue with why JV is pushing you. What is it about JV's push that makes you think it could be scum motivated?
We’re just going in circles lol. I’m town. He’s pushing for me to be eliminated. He could be misguided town or he could be scum. I don’t know which it is, so I have him as null.

Why is this something that we need to keep going back and forth on?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (isolation #106) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:17 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1466, JacksonVirgo wrote: It doesn't really matter how far back you're scum-reading him, why does it not affect how you feel about Wiz
His posts just feel scummy to me. And isn’t it possible that a different member of the scum could have tried to carry out the kill and gotten roleblocked? If that’s the case then he still could have forgotten about the clear
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (isolation #107) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:23 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1470, JacksonVirgo wrote: You've simply disregarded everything regarding a counter-argument around Wiz, you don't hear it out and I've tested this repeatedly. You say you do but you don't, you just rehash "just feels scummy" over and over ad nauseam, I don't get the feeling that read is anywhere near genuine and feels in its entirety as a scum agenda.
I spent a huge chunk of D1 saying why I think Wiz is scummy. And when you asked me earlier I told you why again. You asked me a third time and this is is a fourth so of course I'm not going to feel like explaining myself and saying the same thing again.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (isolation #108) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:24 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1471, JacksonVirgo wrote: I've directly countered why they would traditionally feel like you claim they do, even before catching up. I then explain logic that possibly derp-clears them in which you said was a good point but then immediately threw it all in the trash. It doesn't feel like genuine solving
And this feels like a confirmation bias tunnel.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (isolation #109) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:26 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1474, JacksonVirgo wrote: Thanks for strawmanning everything I just said
What
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (isolation #110) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1579, gob wrote:
In post 1564, Black wrote: Gob do you think Dann is misguided town or scum pushing you?
If they keep pushing the same way then they're scum.

Right now I lean misguided town though.
They basically just do not want to understand a different way of solving.
It seems to me like that describes your interactions with Dannflor
In post 1580, gob wrote:
In post 1578, Black wrote:
In post 1577, gob wrote: Actually Black is right

VOTE: BlackStar
Can you elaborate?
BlackStar had 5 votes day 1 and then the wagon ultimately failed.

Bluebug is scummy but I was tunneling around the not-voting thing a bit too much.
Fundamentally there isn't much of a difference between not-voting and being off the main wagon.
I feel like there's a pretty big difference between one person voting for people they're suspicious of and another person refusing to vote at all for the entire first day.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (isolation #111) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1592, Hu Tao wrote: Sorry. Busy work week. I'll catch up soon.
Just out of curiosity, how much catching up do you have to do? You've been saying that you'll catch up for a few days now
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (isolation #112) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1595, Black wrote:
In post 1594, BlackStar wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how much catching up do you have to do? You've been saying that you'll catch up for a few days now
What is the point of this post?
To find out when she'll weigh in on the game? I thought that was self-explanatory
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1597 (isolation #113) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:55 pm

Post by BlackStar »

I apologize for saying it was self-explanatory. There was no need for me to be snarky about it
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1610 (isolation #114) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:01 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1608, Black wrote: If BlackStar flips green the team is probably Annie/Dannflor/Andante or something
What makes you say that? If Andante is somehow scum then she deserves an Oscar lol.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1611 (isolation #115) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:01 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1609, Merlyn wrote: And also what does the momentum have to do with it? What I mean is, are you saying you wouldn't be voting for them if momentum hadn't shifted their way or do you mean it some other way?
Wiz doesn’t make any move unless other people have already endorsed it
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1613 (isolation #116) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:05 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1612, Black wrote:
In post 1609, Merlyn wrote: And also what does the momentum have to do with it? What I mean is, are you saying you wouldn't be voting for them if momentum hadn't shifted their way or do you mean it some other way?
I voted for BlackStar because I thought he was scummy. I didn't want to move that vote to Dann because I want to fade scum and I didn't think I would be able to fade Dann today
If you want to fade scum then you should be on Bug or Gob
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (isolation #117) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:18 am

Post by BlackStar »

Here’s my case against gob

In Post 1177 he says that either Merlyn or Bug are scum before he even reads the game. That does not seem like the actions of someone who’s town.

In post 1779 he adds my name to the end of Afrayed’s wagon for some reason even though I never voted for him. Andante was the hammer, so where did that even come from? He proceeds to vote for Merlyn and say it’s PoE without explaining how.

Then he makes this weird post about the IC being hypocritical.

In post 1237 he quotes the VC from when Afrayed was lynched but asks a couple of us if we were there around the time of the hammer. He was obviously just looking at those pages of the game, so there’s no point in asking us this. It comes across as a phony attempt to look like he’s trying to figure things out.

Post 1580 was baffling to me. How could not placing a single vote all Day 1 and voting for someone besides the mis-limed townie be equal actions in his eyes? It just seemed like a lazy excuse to join the wagon.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (isolation #118) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:42 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1619, Black wrote:
In post 1617, BlackStar wrote: Here’s my case against gob

In Post 1177 he says that either Merlyn or Bug are scum before he even reads the game. That does not seem like the actions of someone who’s town.

In post 1779 he adds my name to the end of Afrayed’s wagon for some reason even though I never voted for him. Andante was the hammer, so where did that even come from? He proceeds to vote for Merlyn and say it’s PoE without explaining how.

Then he makes this weird post about the IC being hypocritical.

In post 1237 he quotes the VC from when Afrayed was lynched but asks a couple of us if we were there around the time of the hammer. He was obviously just looking at those pages of the game, so there’s no point in asking us this. It comes across as a phony attempt to look like he’s trying to figure things out.

Post 1580 was baffling to me. How could not placing a single vote all Day 1 and voting for someone besides the mis-limed townie be equal actions in his eyes? It just seemed like a lazy excuse to join the wagon.
This entire case could be explained by gob being bad at playing townie lol

Anyway I don't think Gob is scum and I'm starting to really doubt my read on you BlackStar. Care to join me on an Annie wagon?

VOTE: AnimatedWiz
I'd rather lim either Bug or Gob today. Even though I'm suspicious of Annie, the thing that Jackson said earlier about Annie forgetting about your clear makes me not want to go after him right now
In post 1620, Black wrote: Wait why are you casing gob but voting for bug?
I can scum read more than one person
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (isolation #119) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:14 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1629, Black wrote:
In post 1627, BlackStar wrote: I can scum read more than one person
You seem more confident in your Gob scumread so why not vote there?
Idk, Bug put the bare minimum amount of effort into playing and I didn’t see any reason to trust him. But since he’s getting replaced now, I might as well give his replacement a chance.

VOTE: gob
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (isolation #120) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:17 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1655, JacksonVirgo wrote: Yeah this wagon comp and speed is awful
I agree that it was really fast but the only suspicious person on the Merlyn wagon is Wiz
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1725 (isolation #121) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:35 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1717, Merlyn wrote: From where I'm standing I don't know why people are so convinced on Annie as town. When pressed they basically admitted they're just moving to whatever wagon is most likely to lim. That's not town thinking.
In post 1714, JacksonVirgo wrote: I mean, I'm convinced that BlackStar is just textbook wolf here.
Can you explain what I'm missing here? Is it for the same reasons Black has? Or point me to a post explaining the case if I missed it.
I don't get why people think Annie is town either. I've brought up that same point multiple times but most people don't seem to care.

The case against me seems to be that Dannflor and I town read each other so we must be scum buddies
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1728 (isolation #122) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:38 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1727, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 1717, Merlyn wrote: From where I'm standing I don't know why people are so convinced on Annie as town. When pressed they basically admitted they're just moving to whatever wagon is most likely to lim. That's not town thinking.

I think you’re misunderstanding me—I have two major scumreads (you and BlackStar), and I am trying to get one of y’all eliminated. If the wagon I am currently parked on is not looking like a feasible elimination for the day, I will happily switch to the other, because regardless of which one of you goes first we still get rid of scum.

And I definitely don’t scumread Dannflor—my scumread of BlackStar is based on all the other evidence against him.
Remind us all what that evidence is again?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (isolation #123) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:40 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1729, Black wrote:
In post 1725, BlackStar wrote: The case against me seems to be that Dannflor and I town read each other so we must be scum buddies
Reducing the votes on you to this is disingenuous. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that believes this theory
gob's reason for voting me was that I wasn't on the wagon to lim afrayed. I don't even know what pisskop thinks I'm scum because he's had his vote parked on me the entire time and barely says anything.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1738 (isolation #124) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:21 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1734, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 1728, BlackStar wrote: Remind us all what that evidence is again?
You have few scumreads—almost always, you have just one that you repeatedly try to eliminate (Andante, Charles, Bug, then me), and these are almost always wagons that already exist. As soon as public opinion mostly turns against that scumread, you jump ship and try to find someone else to shift attention to.

Additionally, you seem to mainly vote based on whoever will prolong your survival, and not based on any followable logic aside from OMGUS—you admit to OMGUS being a main consideration in your reads in and then slowly try to backtrack from that as soon as other people realize how scummy that sounds. Actually, whenever anyone counters you, you immediately try to downplay and shift the meaning of what you said.

Also, your scum games from 2018 aren’t the best reason to townread you, since it’s literally been 5 years with no games since then—even if you didn’t intend to, you likely play very different from then due to exposure to new experiences and theories. Plus, you linked them yourself, which could mean you chose ones that are explicitly different from your current playstyle.

Finally, Merlyn has been defending you since D2, like in . I don’t think it’s irrational to see one scummy person working with another and have it compound the suspicion on both. You both seem to have found a shared target to try to push your own wagons onto, after all.
I never tried to eliminate Andante. All i said was that they were really aggressive right off the bat and I wasn;t sure what to make of that. Then people kept asking me a million times if I scum read her and I said no every time. I've scum read you since day one, so you trying to pretend that I just magically decide to pay attention to you now is BS. I still don't like Bug's slot but his replacement isn't here yet, so I'm not sure how you think I could keep pushing him. The Charles wagon existed because I created it, so once again you're distorting facts.

I explain my logic every step of the way. What you said about post 1425 is inaccurate because I've been consistent about that this entire time. I don't see why it's scummy to not trust someone who is pushing for you to die.

I posted my games because Black asked for them. I didn't read through them, I just picked whatever scum games I could find. I don't see them as evidence as anything, I'm just giving Black what they wanted.

I'm not really sure what your point about Merlyn is. I don't think I've ever defended Merlyn and I'm not voting you so how exactly are we working together?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1743 (isolation #125) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:37 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1741, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 1738, BlackStar wrote: I've scum read you since day one, so you trying to pretend that I just magically decide to pay attention to you now is BS. I still don't like Bug's slot but his replacement isn't here yet, so I'm not sure how you think I could keep pushing him.
I never said you don’t lay out foundations for future wagons—you just made far more of a push for me once the other options weren’t going to be received well. And your Bug push stopped as soon as the replacement happened because everyone else also wanted to wait on pushing Titus since the main evidence against Bug was just inactivity.

In post 1738, BlackStar wrote: I explain my logic every step of the way. What you said about post 1425 is inaccurate because I've been consistent about that this entire time. I don't see why it's scummy to not trust someone who is pushing for you to die.
It’s scummy because it’s
only
a survival tactic—it doesn’t lead to accurate reads for the town and just reduces the town’s trust in each other. When the town subscribes to the idea of every player for themself, they lose.

Also, you spent like the next 3 posts trying to make your admission of OMGUS seem less damning and less clear. You weren’t consistent, even if you honestly thought you were.
In post 1738, BlackStar wrote: I posted my games because Black asked for them. I didn't read through them, I just picked whatever scum games I could find. I don't see them as evidence as anything, I'm just giving Black what they wanted.
I suppose I can’t really mechanically confirm or deny this statement, just state my theory on the possibility of you cherry-picking games.

In post 1738, BlackStar wrote: I'm not really sure what your point about Merlyn is. I don't think I've ever defended Merlyn and I'm not voting you so how exactly are we working together?
This is almost certainly because people kept on harping on you and Dann working together—before that was called out, Merlyn was already working to rehabilitate your image, and therefore couldn’t really stop helping you without it seeming like she was backing off due to the accusation alone. However, since you hadn’t helped her yet, you likely decided to not try to support her to not arouse any more suspicion for yourself.
Your point about Bug makes no sense. If that slot isn't here then how am I supposed to be pushing them? I've always scum read you and never stopped mentioning that I scum read you. It's not a new push for you.

What you said about OMGUS is wrong because it's the exact same situation as what happened early D1 with Andante. I said "I'm not sure about this person" and then you somehow take that to mean that I'm calling them scum. I didn't try to "make it seem less" damning. I've consistently said that I'm not sure about him one way or the other and yet you want to act like I've said otherwise.

Your last point is completely devoid of any evidence to back it up. You seem to just be inventing new reasons to call me scum.

The biggest issue with what you're saying right now is that you've claimed to be suspicious of me since D1 and yet all of your points are recent things that have happened after you claimed to scum read me.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1760 (isolation #126) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:41 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1747, Dannflor wrote: I think there is a chance I’m wrong on Blackstar but much less of a chance that I am wrong on AnimatedWiz

If I am wrong I would like to not obstruct a scum elimination

I think AnimatedWiz is making some decent points and comes off as pretty towny in this 1v1

I also thought brightbluebug had a glimmer of towniness so I’m considering a BlackStar/gob/merlyn world instead of a Titus/gob/merlyn world

I also was curious what type of reactions I’d get from voting there
, I think Animated’s was towny

Anyway UNVOTE:

I would like Titus to get involved before end of day because I think I can read her
In post 1754, Dannflor wrote:
thought it would be funny

And i don’t believe in BlackStar town 100% anymore
Why did your answer change?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (isolation #127) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:11 am

Post by BlackStar »

If someone has a way of confirming that bob is really the cop then that would be great. I think we should believe him for now
In post 1846, gob wrote: If you're Titus then I'm Tidus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1857 (isolation #128) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:24 am

Post by BlackStar »

@gob

Who do you scum read right now?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1868 (isolation #129) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:47 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1865, bob3141 wrote:
In post 1812, Titus wrote: Your analysis of Bob is looking based on his mechanics. I'd like to see his play. Also was Hu Tao largely townread at the time of the check?
They wernt really. You had the odd player claiming a town read for one reason or another but that never stops a scum motivated misexecution going through
I scum read Hu Tao towards the end of D1, but most people definitely said that they town read her
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (isolation #130) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:58 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1876, bob3141 wrote: Also baclstar why havnt you claimed yet
Because I'm at E-3 and have no reason to
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (isolation #131) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:29 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1893, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1596, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1595, Black wrote:
In post 1594, BlackStar wrote:
What is the point of this post?
To find out when she'll weigh in on the game? I thought that was self-explanatory
Aren't I conf town anyway?
You won't be conf town unless bob dies and flips town
In post 1896, Hu Tao wrote: Is there a list of claims?
Nobody else has claimed since you got soft cleared
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (isolation #132) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1906, gob wrote:
In post 1857, BlackStar wrote: @gob

Who do you scum read right now?
You, Jackson, i still would like to get bug too. I'll know more tomorrow though.
What are your reasons?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1909 (isolation #133) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by BlackStar »

And what will you know tomorrow?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (isolation #134) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:28 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1911, gob wrote: bug didnt like their eod1, same with jackson/charlie. Charlie i also found their opening weird, not really readable though frankly.

You, I think your voting day 1 makes no sense. You were self-voting and then jumped on someone totally inconsequential in Blackstar. It's just clear you didnt want to vote a towny with TMI. i also agree with black's logic, you were the c-wagon that failed and have resistance on your wagon.
What specifically did you not like about Bug and Charlie’s end of D1? This is like pulling teeth lol

After my self vote, I voted for Hu Tao. She was one of the main people who pushed for my wagon to go through at that point, so how could you call her inconsequential?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (isolation #135) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:35 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1551, gob wrote:
In post 1525, bob3141 wrote: gob and blackstar what are your raeds on each other?
I am null on BlackStar, basically.

[BlackStar, brightbluebug, bob3141, JacksonVirgo]

I think this is a pretty rock solid PoE from the Day 1 wagon. I've explained why before but if people need another explanation I can do it again.

Brightbluebug and Jackson/Charlie were the most recent to post and be off any wagon entirely.

Charlie/Jackson I gave that slot a pass before, but they actually posted the most recent of any of the non-voters. It was only one post though.

Between the two though BBB was way more active so VOTE: brightbluebug
So this is it?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1922 (isolation #136) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by BlackStar »

That just feels so weak.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (isolation #137) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by BlackStar »

One more question. I was the leading wagon and you were voting for me. Why would you leave that wagon to vote for Titus, who had no votes if you claim to be scum reading me? It makes no sense
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1998 (isolation #138) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:03 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1939, gob wrote:
In post 1921, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1551, gob wrote:
In post 1525, bob3141 wrote: gob and blackstar what are your raeds on each other?

I think this is a pretty rock solid PoE from the Day 1 wagon. I've explained why before but if people need another explanation I can do it again.

Brightbluebug and Jackson/Charlie were the most recent to post and be off any wagon entirely.

Charlie/Jackson I gave that slot a pass before, but they actually posted the most recent of any of the non-voters. It was only one post though.

So this is it?
Lol, why are you downplaying it?
Why would you think that nobody from the scum team was on the Afrayed wagon?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2002 (isolation #139) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:08 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1987, bob3141 wrote: Everyone needs to serously ask themselves why the meryl wagon keeps failing to get traction, Whereas there are now 3 wagons pressing higher
I think it’s mostly because she’s barely around to question so people forget about her
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2004 (isolation #140) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:10 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 2003, Titus wrote: Readwall BlackStar?
Town

Pisskop
Black
Bob3141
Hu Tao
Andante

Town Lean

JacksonVirgo

Null

Dannflor
Titus

Scum Lean

Merlyn
AnimatedWiz

Scum

gob
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2006 (isolation #141) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:14 am

Post by BlackStar »

Vanilla Townie
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2011 (isolation #142) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:29 am

Post by BlackStar »

Was that actually a hammer?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2014 (isolation #143) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:32 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 2012, bob3141 wrote:
In post 2002, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1987, bob3141 wrote: Everyone needs to serously ask themselves why the meryl wagon keeps failing to get traction, Whereas there are now 3 wagons pressing higher
I think it’s mostly because she’s barely around to question so people forget about her
thats how scum slip through the net
I hope you guys put her under heavier scrutiny going forward
In post 2013, bob3141 wrote: blackstar your at e-1
Thanks
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2017 (isolation #144) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:40 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 2016, bob3141 wrote: we have 12 players 3 scum. 7 to execute

So thats 2 spare townies. The question everyone needs to ask themselves, who is scum on the wagon?

whether town or scum a pure 7 town execution almsot never happens when 2 out of 9 are known to be off wagon
You making a post like this before I even flip is making me paranoid.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2018 (isolation #145) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:40 am

Post by BlackStar »

You seem too sure about the result
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2042 (isolation #146) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:46 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1998, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1939, gob wrote:
In post 1921, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1551, gob wrote:

So this is it?
Lol, why are you downplaying it?
Why would you think that nobody from the scum team was on the Afrayed wagon?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2045 (isolation #147) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:54 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 2029, pisskop wrote: even better, I haven't looked at the VCA around afraid, but I bet that's going to be pretty juicy
Dannflor and Wiz are on both mislims
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2046 (isolation #148) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:55 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 2044, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 2032, Titus wrote:
In post 2028, pisskop wrote: if we operate under the assumption that Bob is a cop, then this game is basically already solved
I get this, but I
can't
. Based on your information, I would. :/
Can you stop with this "oh but I have secret information" nonsense. I don't care for it, claim when needed and otherwise shut up
I don’t like when people hint about stuff like this either, but you don’t need to be so harsh about it
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2061 (isolation #149) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by BlackStar »

:( I was town
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2062 (isolation #150) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by BlackStar »

Ok, here are some final thoughts before Night 2 starts

If you focus on Wiz, gob, and Merlyn, you’re guaranteed to hit scum. Seriously, reevaluate your feelings about Wiz. And don’t forget to continue grilling gob about why he “believed” nobody on Afrayed’s wagon was scum. Also, everyone should try to focus on people that they think are scum independent of any potential associations. Forcing associations before flips hasn’t been working out too well.

After a while I started wondering if Dannflor was actually scum that pocketed me and wanted points for defending me before my flip. Black’s paranoia towards him rubbed off on me a bit lol. Merlyn also made a couple of posts defending me that gave me a similar feeling.

That’s all I have to say. Good luck, town!
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2779 (isolation #151) » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by BlackStar »

Good game, everyone
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2855 (isolation #152) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:21 am

Post by BlackStar »

I felt like your posts came across as disingenuous, Wiz. It just seemed like you were trying way too hard to come across as concerned and level-headed at all moments in time, which most members of the town aren't able to manage. But you did a great job of adapting to the situation and trying to offer up other targets of suspicion.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”