Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any!

Post Post #2027 (isolation #0) » Wed May 03, 2023 6:17 am

Post by Peregrine »

Hello everyone! I will be able to post more when I am done with my day later.

I’d appreciate it if everyone could provide a summary of their perspectives currently! I plan to read the game but I also would like a jumping point. Marquis’ absence has both deteriorated opinion on him/me and the pace of the game so I feel as if I have something to prove now by offering the correct solution to the game.

From what I have been able to read in the last few pages I have some suspicions of Merlyn who seems to be more invested in defensive posting than solving or replying to Andante, which I think is behavior that a mafia player who needs to only survive and not solve correctly would engage in. This is a shallow read and I may change my mind after reading more but I feel obligated to provide at least something to kick the game back into action so… let’s do this after I am home!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2031 (isolation #1) » Wed May 03, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by Peregrine »

In post 2028, Merlyn wrote:
In post 2027, Peregrine wrote: From what I have been able to read in the last few pages I have some suspicions of Merlyn who seems to be more invested in defensive posting than solving or replying to Andante, which I think is behavior that a mafia player who needs to only survive and not solve correctly would engage in. This is a shallow read and I may change my mind after reading more but I feel obligated to provide at least something to kick the game back into action so… let’s do this after I am home!!
I do want to respond to this: All of town is in a need to survive situation, because we lose the game with one more mislim. Normally my responses to Andante's pushes would be to just ask her to vote me and be done with it, but I can't in this situation.
Hello again!

Yes, the town is in a survival position but they do not have the luxury to merely avoid elimination; they must eliminate correctly, and that mandates some amount of solving that the mafia does not need to do.

The post that made me curious to this was Andante's which, if I understand, is a point I feel might have gotten a town-you to reply to with more than you did: you wanted to give someone your vote but also were unsure of the vote. It's a worrisome dissonance, to not care to that degree. Or I suppose I would feel uncomfortable giving away my vote without absolute certainty in this situation? You chose to reply with and though. And from experience (which I have, but no one gets to know where it is from yet!) playing this way is often mafia's choice, as it's easier to snark than it is to logically rebut.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2032 (isolation #2) » Wed May 03, 2023 4:03 pm

Post by Peregrine »

I'm unsure yet how townie Norwee was perceived (what I gather is that he wasn't as townie as some alive?) but I do not think that Elpis would choose to kill him. If not for it being WIFOM for the love of WIFOM, I do not think that Elpis' posts reflect well onto that world. isn't something that you write if you have at that point the intents to kill the person you're suspecting, and sharing suspicions to. It feels genuine, as does their posting today.

While it may be an act of convenience to say "I don't really know who to vote, it could be this pair, or that pair", paraphrased from posts like and , it feels like real confusion.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2033 (isolation #3) » Wed May 03, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by Peregrine »

In post 563, Elpis wrote: I feel like shifting my vote to Not_Mafia to generate some pressure so they talk more would be good

VOTE: Not_Mafia

As for the rest of what's going on...last time I played with Andante they came in swinging hard and being heavily defensive like they are now, and that time they were not just a town, but a power role. This reminds me a lot of that currently, so I am inclined to think that Andante is town, at least for the moment.

The whole exchange between NSG and Cephrir just kind of felt like Cephrir getting frustrated at his somewhat forced upon him reads of NSG being required to be expressed in order to get more information, as well as frustration over the fact that we still really don't understand WHY she's frustrated into not being involved in the first place. However, I did like her latest post a bit more, and I hope she draws more into hunting. I think I read Cephrir as town for the moment, but I still null-scumread NSG, as I just can't truly fully grasp what's going on there.

For a full readlist so far:

Town
Cephrir

Marquis

Fire
Ethel
Norwe
StD

Gimli

NM

Andante

Brian
BPP

NSG

Scum
Also, looking at some of the vote counts I think this is a very curious reads list. Assuming Cephrir is not a mafia and Elpis is, it means that Elpis decided to slot their teammates together at the lower rungs, but just out of reach. This is a typical place for partners to place their partners, but it requires I feel that you play more aggressive than normal to keep killing the town players underneath them. And Elpis really... doesn't give me a power player feeling.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2034 (isolation #4) » Wed May 03, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by Peregrine »

(For what it's worth, I feel as if Gimli/Merlyn as a wolf would have played a far more aggressive, anti-bussing game than Elpis who was floating along. )
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2035 (isolation #5) » Wed May 03, 2023 4:18 pm

Post by Peregrine »

Not_Mafia's posts are not very useful. Even less so than normal.

To tie into my current thoughts, the Gimli vote is a dispassionate necessity to try and survive. I also notice that Elpis was the one who put him at E-1, with Gimli having voted there previously. I suppose it could have been a planned bus, though (which Cephrir was also on. I haven't spoken much about him sans the Elpis' readslist but I think the claim at least makes sense to the setup - it's your insurance policy when you have a lot of vigilantes running around. I feel as if this late into the game though mafia has enough information to claim it without anything going too wrong, but... it makes sense).
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2036 (isolation #6) » Wed May 03, 2023 4:21 pm

Post by Peregrine »

I am too tired to post more right now, I'm sorry! Please feel free to check or respond to anything I've posted so far. Tomorrow I'll try to eliminate some potential team pairings.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2043 (isolation #7) » Thu May 04, 2023 12:42 am

Post by Peregrine »

Merlyn, the issue isn’t the snark!! It’s that it was snark alone! Andante’s was a question that I think warranted some amount of sincerity as an answer!! Because it is weird to suspect someone but also want to hand over your vote to them, given the amount of trust that should require in Elo.

But you didn’t respond with much more with defensiveness which as I said is a lot easier than it is to do so logically!

And even now it feels like you’re getting caught up on little details, which I am unsure if that is town behavior or not!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2044 (isolation #8) » Thu May 04, 2023 12:53 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 2030, Cephrir wrote: my perspective is ive had strong townreads on andante and elpis for most of the game but im now second guessing myself, mainly due to the bizarre norwe kill
Cephrir! I understand that the game came to a standstill for a while so it may have been hard to give effort to solving without a necessary voice, but! Could you please tell me your game view now beyond second-guessing?

It is worrying me that you’re playing this as you are, and by that it feels as if things are hands off! I am worried that you could be doing this intentionally with two people willing to follow you, and that you could be waiting for a point where people throw up their hands and say please pick someone, and if you are mafia… game over!!

Even if this is not the case and you are town I would like to know!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2048 (isolation #9) » Thu May 04, 2023 3:02 am

Post by Peregrine »

I am busy because of life again (as I am during the weekday! But! I am not interested in catching you in a losing choice! While I am suspicious of you currently I just wanted to share my perceptions of the game, and my goal is just to get it right in the end even if I’m wrong on the way to getting it right!!

I did not answer 2038 because it was a little obvious to me and then answered but! Yes it would be Gimli or Andante paired right next to Not_Mafia which would be kind of weird!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2066 (isolation #10) » Fri May 05, 2023 6:54 pm

Post by Peregrine »

Hello!! I am sorry I was gone for a bit, the week is busy for me sometimes!! I will definitely be around tomorrow!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2084 (isolation #11) » Sat May 06, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Peregrine »

Hello!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2085 (isolation #12) » Sat May 06, 2023 7:50 am

Post by Peregrine »

is interesting to me in that! I think that if Gimli/Merlyn is mafia, it is a mirror into what Gimli's motivations were this game (which I think will be easier to map out on a better iso!): Gimli, if he was mafia, wanted to play in a very aggressive manner and did not bother avoiding TMI as much as he could have! To me, I know I am town and I believe Elpis is most likely as well.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2087 (isolation #13) » Sat May 06, 2023 7:52 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 1257, Gimli wrote: Brian Skies - idk scum?
Andante - town
Marquis - town
Not_Mafia - idk
Gimli - town actually thanks
Cephrir - town probably
Ethel - town
Elpis - town
Save The Dragons - town prob
NorwegianboyEE - scum?
Firebringer - scum?

thats it brian/norwee/FBer

that's a team that kills MT as well 100%
These reads precede that post! And knowing what we do now, if Gimli is mafia (which I am feeling more confident of than before. Or! I have gotten over the discomfort I have for being wrong with my reads and am more willing to state them!) he was indeed picking a few townies to kill off if possible.

I think the Not_Mafia read is the equivalent of hedging your bets on a partner who could go over more likely, or be suspected/pressured more, by virtue of who they are and how they play, given reactions to him!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2088 (isolation #14) » Sat May 06, 2023 7:52 am

Post by Peregrine »

I do think that this game is rather hard!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2089 (isolation #15) » Sat May 06, 2023 7:56 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 2070, Cephrir wrote: - oh, that's why he didn't vote. this should have been obvious to me

- i am inclined to think this interaction is not a scumbuddy interaction. interested in others' thoughts here.

maybe i should try some cursory andante meta and see if i can tell the difference. she makes so many posts tho i can't see myself doing the kind of reading it would take to do it properly. im garbo at intentional meta like this anyway tho i guess im just looking for a significant vibe difference
Why do you think that 514 is not a mafia/mafia interaction?
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2090 (isolation #16) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:04 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 1024, Andante wrote:
In post 1020, Gimli wrote:
In post 1018, Andante wrote:
In post 995, Enchant wrote: It's Ethel btw
I am voice for the dead!
ethel was the neighbour who was ignoring him btw

I do think its ethel (as scum)
ooh ethel was enchant's neighbor? I've never seen town neighbors... also I thought ethel was scummy d1!

also, I think enchant's role was so freaking cool, it was so enchant too!! I really wish he got to use it!!
I! Don't know if I am misreading the context of this but I find this a little unbelievable, never having seen town neighbors, but I do not know how many games Andante has played with neighbors!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2091 (isolation #17) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:05 am

Post by Peregrine »

I actually think Andante's posting during day two is! Pretty bad!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2092 (isolation #18) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:09 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 514, Andante wrote:
In post 433, Not_Mafia wrote: It's when a replacement enters the game and immediately comments on the scumminess of their slot
When you rep in do you not look at the top wagon? It's not my fault top wagon just so happened to be me, and like this is all you keep doing? rather than comment on anything else game related it's "get andante!!" but like you're not even voting me

VOTE: Not Mafia
It actually goes back to day one! I think this is going to be disorganized but I want to try and arrange my thoughts!
This was Andante's second vote, in this moment I do not think that there is a lot to say, or was at this point in the game.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2095 (isolation #19) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 523, Andante wrote:
In post 492, Ethel wrote: Since I think I should give my own opinion once in a while, I don't feel like scumreading nsg myself. Her explanations made sense to me so far, and if it's true that nsg really doesn't like playing as scum, then this doesn't seem to be the case. Or at least, I couldn't imagine writing as much as her if I hated this game. Of course people are very different in that regard and I'm not saying nsg can't be scum, I just think that the arguments used so far don't necessarily indicate scum. Anyways, that's why I'm voting Andante instead of nsg right now. I don't think bob's slot was particularly scummy, but neither towny, and since other people are voting there who I think are townish, I can't be too wrong with that vote, right? And I don't want to be a straggler, if enough people feel like ending this day I want to give them the opportunity to do so.
you don't sr nsg... for non game related stuff? like you say "and if it's true that nsg really doesn't like playing as scum, then this doesn't seem to be the case." what have you seen thus far that screams nsg is really happy to be here playing the game? like all the words with ceph, those were just whatever, not really related to this game in any way, like, if "all those words" were related to reads this game, sure whatever, but you're just declaring nsg town for this reason that doesn't make sense to actually tr anyone for.

"That's why you're voting andante instead" like what even? "bob wasn't scummy" WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING HERE

like, yes "give your own thoughts" we want that, but like, I'm reading this and it genuinely doesn't sound like you are trying to scumhunt. You are on my wagon simply because others are, not because you SR me. and you literally say you don't think this slot is scummy. SO WHY ARE YOU VOTING ME.

and then you proceed to say you tr nsg for all this personality talk or whatever, and that automatically makes nsg town since they hate being scum. like hello? nsg isn't actively scumhunting, people who love being town significantly more tend to... scumhunt.

honestly the more I think about this, Ethel is simply just scum like, "I don't think bob was scummy" is literally so after I flip green they can go "haha yeah didn't think they were scum"

like sorry not sorry, I wanna flip scum today, and if you want to flip town? I think that's like an actual scumslip here.
I'm never unvoting this,
VOTE: Ethel
But! This post is the beginning of an extended tunnel on Ethel that I do not think makes any sense in retrospect!

I think that Ethel explained reasonably why they voting and acting as they did! They using meta information and comparing it to NSG's posts, and decided it was town behavior for her. They were reasonably null on Bob! But they had townreads on people voting Andante, and so they wagoned.

But looking at Andante's reaction, I do not understand the level of outrage in response. Ethel was townreading NSG for game related reasons, in that her posting level did not match their assumptions of what a mafia-NSG would want to contribute. But Andante dismisses this, and gets loud, and I cannot help but feel! As if this is a way to yell down what I think is a reasonable post, even if it is not married to hard-logic "reads" posting by Ethel. (I think this is an obtuse way to refer to it, using meta and general behavior rather than what another person says, but I think it has merit!)

And then Andante makes a bolder accusation to say that Ethel was preparing to chain eliminations, which! Feels like a reach in this post, and worse with the retrospect of Ethel's flip.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2096 (isolation #20) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:18 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 495, Not_Mafia wrote: Andante ahmished tell'd, get him to e-1
I! Think that this is potentially a post someone can make about their teammate. I do not think that there was much weight behind Not_Mafia's push onto Andante, as it was tied only to this 'tell' from what I can see in his iso.

And as people are aware of his behavior, from what I've gathered, around being someone who likes to hammer! It makes people wary to do this regardless! Meaning he is far less likely to be in the position to follow through on a hammer, while still looking good from making the post!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2097 (isolation #21) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 526, Andante wrote:
In post 521, Cephrir wrote:
In post 520, Andante wrote:
In post 475, Cephrir wrote: if you want to persuade me that you're town go do something other than defend yourself
cause all this feels like ceph is trying to push all this non game related talk? idk how I'd classify this, like, why not go push reads? challenge nsg's read on whoever, but these past like 10-20 posts, I'm skimming like "ehhh not a fan"
...non game related? seems very game related to me

how do i challenge the reads of someone who barely has any

why are you trying this hard to find a scumread on me
I tried reading those nsg posts, but I was struggling to understand them, they just felt a lot more like just trying to discourage someone from making reads than "hey you have no reads, what are you thinking" and I had flashbacks to when people would get me going on a tangent and then I'd just be so out of the mood for making reads/caring.
I'm not "trying that hard to find a sr on you"
I'm playing a game with a table of lots of people I know, which I already struggle at reading, so I'm trying to see yall as town, and letting yall know where my concerns are
In post 529, Andante wrote:
In post 522, Cephrir wrote:
In post 514, Andante wrote:
In post 433, Not_Mafia wrote: It's when a replacement enters the game and immediately comments on the scumminess of their slot
When you rep in do you not look at the top wagon? It's not my fault top wagon just so happened to be me, and like this is all you keep doing? rather than comment on anything else game related it's "get andante!!" but like you're not even voting me

VOTE: Not Mafia
look at it? sure. iso it? hmmmm. it is strange that NM didn't vote tho
like, ever since I showed up it's "OFF WITH ANDANTE'S HEAD CAUSE TELL"
and I'm just like, bruh... I literally always look at wagons, I don't think bob was scummy lol he had some posts I liked so yeah. idk I want ethel today. cause if ethel is actively trying to lim people they don't sr? yeah no thanks, I'm not doing lylo with them
In post 530, Andante wrote:
In post 527, Save The Dragons wrote: ethel said your slot was neither towny nor scummy so she's null on you, not voting who she thinks is town
"I didn't think bob was scummy"
THEN WHAT ABOUT THAT MAKES ME THE BEST PERSON HERE TO VOTE???
In post 534, Andante wrote: I'm not misrepping lol like "I don't think X was scummy" then what makes you think they'll flip scum? we're 500 posts in, no one has done ANYTHING scummy to ethel?
In post 544, Andante wrote:
In post 535, Save The Dragons wrote: she's saying you're null, not that you're town

you're saying "i'm never unvoting she's voting for someone she thinks is town"

unless i'm misunderstanding you?
I'm saying she said she doesn't think I'm scummy, yet made this whole point about how she's voting me, and has TERRIBLE reasoning for TRing nsg, so "andante slot aint scummy, but I'm voting them cause it's the best option" is like, that screams scum to me
In post 545, Andante wrote:
In post 542, Save The Dragons wrote: you're not even reading her posts or mine
IM READING BOTH YALLS
In post 611, Andante wrote: honestly, if I shit post and random vote, I feel like my accuracy will go up, meanwhile I think 607's "i have convinced myself andante is town" means fire is scum laughing about how I'm their 4th member. the team is gonna be like fire/norwee/third and I'm missing the party ._.
In post 618, Andante wrote: fire, have we played a single game where we weren't scum together other than this game? lmaoo like, as I think about it, we've literally always been scum buddies XD
In post 620, Andante wrote: my memory is bad XD but I'm thinking back to the penguin one where it was all "haha we're scum" in thread and flashbacks hahahaha not that I wanna lim you d1 here, but yeah
In post 658, Andante wrote:
In post 657, Gimli wrote:
In post 639, northsidegal wrote:
In post 559, Firebringer wrote: If ur not trying to get a reado n me with that question and im overanalyzing it. Let me know
you are definitely overanalyzing it.

In post 637, Cephrir wrote:
In post 633, northsidegal wrote: i don't understand why people are townreading cephrir beyond a bias towards townreading high activity slots.
who is townreading me? first ive heard of it. maybe std?
elpis has you at the top.

VOTE: andante
why are you voting andante?
probably cause I said she was scummy tbh
Sorry! I am trying not to clog up the thread with all of Andante's posts but it feels kind of necessary!

From this, and in general, I can gather that I do not think that Cephrir/Andante are a team from the back and forth. I think that she was trying to ingratiate herself to Firebringer (which pops up again in her posts later, which is why I am highlighting this!) And it also highlights a behavior of trying to undercut people who are voting her, but not in a very logical way! It feels more like a low-hanging attack, to accuse someone of OMGUSing like the last post!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2099 (isolation #22) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Peregrine »

And also, that it feels artificial to continue pushing someone on the same idea rather than expanding it! I feel as if a town player, when tunneled, takes everything that someone does and incorporates it into their reasoning! But so far it seems that Andante is focused on what she believes is a logical case that others should follow.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2100 (isolation #23) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 2098, Cephrir wrote: i cannot help but think that your overuse of exclamation points is an alt schtick

i think im done for now, might look at dead town later
I find it! Rather comforting to type like this, but if it is annoying I will try to stop!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2101 (isolation #24) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 688, Andante wrote: I mean, I tried telling you ethel seemed scummy yesterday, then that turned into "ANDANTE LIES!!" or whatever lol
Another example of the discrediting!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2102 (isolation #25) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 706, Andante wrote:
In post 703, Cephrir wrote: they've also gone back to doing nothing since this
yeah that's what gets me, like I read the "OMG BAD WAGON!!" stuff, and I'm just like, you're not really doing anything now that you aren't being wagoned, like when I get run up as one of the first wagons it's "get off!" but then I follow it up with essentially "I'm town, and I'm trying to find scum" since the wagon dissapeared, ballpoint just seems to be chilling

so let see what are my read currently:
ethel- scummy
nsg- scummy
not_mafia- scummy
ballpointpen- scummy

I want to say there was a 5th I called scum too, but I'm not sure I can see 3 of these being scum together hmm hang on
A retrospective read of this reads is that, it is all town and then Not_Mafia who has not cropped up much since the initial voting!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2106 (isolation #26) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 737, Andante wrote:
In post 735, Gimli wrote: when fber is SUPER DUPER TOWNIE thats when he is town got it
you think he’s SUPER TOWN right now?
SUPER TOWN cause of the meme post?
I also am making this post as a personal bookmark in case I do not get to everything I want but! I have thoughts!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2107 (isolation #27) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 2106, Peregrine wrote:
In post 737, Andante wrote:
In post 735, Gimli wrote: when fber is SUPER DUPER TOWNIE thats when he is town got it
you think he’s SUPER TOWN right now?
SUPER TOWN cause of the meme post?
I also am making this post as a personal bookmark in case I do not get to everything I want but! I have thoughts!!
Maybe I should use notes somewhere at some point but I am going to build off of this bookmark with a scrap of a thought! There is a consistent shift in Andante's reads regarding Gimli, which begins with their interactions feeling as if there's not a lot of solving from Andante's end when Gimli had a townread on her. But then she does shift to suspicion at said townread! And then to "I don't know but I wanna flip these other people before I dig in!" To... wanting to sheep him! (I have posts for these that I am not adding in to not clog the thread, but I can pull these if needed!) To a bit scummy again, and in the endgame (where I think it is most necessary to hedge your bets against a partner!) a scumread that does wavers at times but seems to be far more... rational, I suppose! Than the Ethel read was at the beginning!

Which I do not know what that says about Andante, the difference between a tunnel and a more fleshed out reasoning! I do know it is easier to scumread a partner as you know exactly what they're doing wrong, but I do not want to discredit the chance Andante could be right without additional information!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2108 (isolation #28) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:38 am

Post by Peregrine »

And by that, because I wanted to springboard!

Merlyn, Andante!

I know I have been saying quite a few words about how I think you may be a team in my recent posting, and if I am wrong I am sorry but! I currently feel as if Elpis has not pushed much, if any, of an agenda this game and interfaced with Norwee in a way that made me feel as if they would not choose to kill him. And for Cephrir, it is less firm of a read but I feel as if his role may be a necessity for the town to not bleed out too quickly, alongside the fact that I think that his play this game would venture into absurdity if he was a mafia for the amount of mafia-siding he would have had to do with his pushes.

But if I am wrong somewhere that I am missing, or you want to push back on what I am saying, please do! I know this is weird thing to say because you are, of course, required to push back on me by virtue of me being wrong and you're town or you're a wolf but!! I don't want to alienate you if you're town!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2109 (isolation #29) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:39 am

Post by Peregrine »

I will be back later!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2130 (isolation #30) » Sun May 07, 2023 9:48 am

Post by Peregrine »

Hello!
I think! That is fair to say that it is not as organic of a case as it could be, but it stems from my townreads on other people. I have not had the chance to solve this game in a natural way, having joined in endgame! But I have reasons that I have focused where I have so far!

And that being said, I think that Andante's reaction continues the pattern of dismissing people who suspect her in an illogical way! And while town players will sometimes be illogical, it feels very deliberate here!

As in, I have offered what I believe to be a moderate amount of reasoning for what I believe, but Andante is boiling it down to it being a scumread for her gameplay. Which is not true! I dislike the people she has chose to push, and the ways that she has interacted with flipped town players as well as the mafia one, and the other player I suspect is mafia! It has nothing to do with how she has played the game, and her aggression feels as if she is trying to avoid responding to push through my elimination!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2131 (isolation #31) » Sun May 07, 2023 9:51 am

Post by Peregrine »

I also find the defense that I am "casing the people who are not here" to be a scummy one as well! Your absence(s) in the game do not change what you have previously posted, and while I have been working through those posts I have not denied you a chance to respond (and in fact encouraged one!!) and I have not attempted to rush through an elimination without you being able to defend yourself! It feels like another cheap argument that doesn't really make sense to me!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2132 (isolation #32) » Sun May 07, 2023 9:53 am

Post by Peregrine »

Finally on this point, while it is a possible route I could take if I was mafia, why would I? This is a point that harkens to WIFOM, but: Andante, you've already signaled you liked my posting on entrance. If I am mafia it is a necessity I alienate someone by pushing them for elimination, but what benefit do you think there is in my alienating a person who has better odds of voting with me than against me? I suppose you do not have any knowledge of my play, but I will state for the benefit of this that I prefer honey to vinegar!

(And I know that this may not be much of a point at all given the circumstance, but it is what it is!)
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2133 (isolation #33) » Sun May 07, 2023 9:57 am

Post by Peregrine »

That being said, despite my current feelings if you are town
please
engage with me in a different way - I do not know how to work with a response this reactive! You have jumped immediately to disparaging my thoughts with responses I cannot work with, either, as they are not grounded from my perspective in actual content! I need to better understand your thoughts and actions than what you are doing now.
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2141 (isolation #34) » Mon May 08, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by Peregrine »

This!! Is a very frustrating situation. My case against Andante is being boiled down to "gameplay" reasons when it isn't the case!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2142 (isolation #35) » Mon May 08, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by Peregrine »

I don't really have a lot of motivation for this, sorry!!

This is going to be seen as a scumclaim, or that I have given up, but if the person I think is town does not agree with me on my scumread, I guess I default to voting the other one (Merlyn). Which will be seen as bussing. This is not very fun!! I am going to vote Merlyn sometime within the next day unless there is a case built on Elpis, but as it is I don't think that I can get there by myself after reading their iso!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2143 (isolation #36) » Mon May 08, 2023 4:25 pm

Post by Peregrine »

And, to be honest, I thought that I did not have to spell out what I wanted from you Andante!! I do not play in a way that asks as many questions as it implies them, but I wanted to understand your thought process throughout this game, especially early!! As I am not the only person who felt as if you were tunneling falsely!! (Firebringer thought this as well, which I thought was interesting as I had the sense you were trying to pocket him and he was not reciprocating!!) So, hopefully this is clear: I want you to speak to your reasoning days one and two, or why you did what you did!

(And to be honest again, I don't think that you are going to give this the time of day/do much more than brush it off and call it a bad case and say you want to vote me which, fine, you are allowed to do that but if you are town I am once again all but begging you to engage in a way where I can actually!! Find you as town!!!!)
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2144 (isolation #37) » Mon May 08, 2023 4:26 pm

Post by Peregrine »

Otherwise I am just going to vote tomorrow but if anyone wants!! To engage with me please do!! I don't think we're wringing much more out of this, or I am unwilling to currently for the returns I feel I'll get!! Good night!!!!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2153 (isolation #38) » Tue May 09, 2023 1:10 am

Post by Peregrine »

I guess I should have clarified, I meant different case because!!! What has been posted about Elpis hasn’t persuaded me! When I read their iso (something I just did!!) I truly get the sense they’re a new town player trying to keep up the best they can!!!

The lack of hard pushing people doesn’t phase me that much! A newer player may not be inclined to do so confidently, but they were consistently expressive and curious this game in a way that I think mafia would not be! I think it is a bit of a copout to equate depth to alignment but!! It’s where I’ve ended up!

The worst thing I can say about them is their treatment of N_M, and the vote on that wagon, did not have as many words as I would have wanted to explain or agree with the wagon around the vote itself! I suppose N_M may have asked Elpis to vote and put him on V-1 to make it look like a good bus but, I don’t know!!

However I am not sheeping anyone this game!! My thoughts are my own!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2166 (isolation #39) » Tue May 09, 2023 2:53 pm

Post by Peregrine »

I guess I don't have a choice of what I do anymore!! I've accepted this is going to be a loss based on everyone who I think is town's posting so, good game everyone!! I don't really know what else I could say at this point to convince anyone to go elsewhere if it's not even based on my actions anymore!!

VOTE: Andante
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2168 (isolation #40) » Tue May 09, 2023 2:57 pm

Post by Peregrine »

I think my posting made it clear!! Who I thought was with you, even if I did not devote my time there as much as I did you! But it really doesn't matter anymore anyways, you win, congratulations!! But there is no need to be mean about it!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2173 (isolation #41) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by Peregrine »

Sorry, I am not really!! Refreshing the thread on repeat, my morale isn't here anymore!
I will unvote if you will I suppose even though I genuinely don't think this day shakes out any other way!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2175 (isolation #42) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by Peregrine »

UNVOTE:
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2181 (isolation #43) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:07 pm

Post by Peregrine »

I am!! Thinking about the ramifications of this right now! There is some part of me that does not trust this change of heart but I believe that a town you might see that I am also town and respond like this, so!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2185 (isolation #44) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:16 pm

Post by Peregrine »

I kind of!! Am dreading it because I know I will probably be alive!!! Given the way things have shaken out if there is a F3 and I dislike that looming ahead! I am going to sleep and think about this tomorrow morning more, good night!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2207 (isolation #45) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by Peregrine »

Take this moment to be here even if I amon my phone it isn't me!!!!! I promise!!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2215 (isolation #46) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by Peregrine »

Sorry did notmean to scare but I felt like I was obligated to post if I couldclear at least some kind of team!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2222 (isolation #47) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Peregrine »

Not!! !Blitzing!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2227 (isolation #48) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by Peregrine »

With everyone aroudn but Merlyn Ithink that it means Merlyn has to be mafia to not be dead unless there is trouble coordinating but I don't think that is the case!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2235 (isolation #49) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:48 pm

Post by Peregrine »

I don't inherently!! Think you have to be confirmed as much as merlyn depending on coordination issues!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2237 (isolation #50) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:49 pm

Post by Peregrine »

I am struggling to type right now and would not wa nt to send the game on a phone personally!! (I guess this could be seen as implicaitng but whatever!!)
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2240 (isolation #51) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:50 pm

Post by Peregrine »

To be hoesnt if it is always going to be me tomorrow just kill metoday to save! A few days of worrying about a sitaution I cannot change!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2243 (isolation #52) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by Peregrine »

Sorry if I seem whiny but!! I really don't like having tofight a battle I cannot win, it just makes me upset to have put in effort that doesn't matter in the end!!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2255 (isolation #53) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:55 pm

Post by Peregrine »

In post 2245, Elpis wrote:
In post 2240, Peregrine wrote: To be hoesnt if it is always going to be me tomorrow just kill metoday to save! A few days of worrying about a sitaution I cannot change!!
pretty sure if you're town and we kill you, we lose, right? there's still 2 scum?
Yes but I guess the feeling I get from the posting currently is that I will probably be alive tomorrow if we get it right today and just mess things up and lose and I think that will be a little humiliatingto deal with and unfun!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2273 (isolation #54) » Tue May 09, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by Peregrine »

Sigh!!!