Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Game Over!

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Grendel »

First game here in a while. Im interested to see how site meta has changed, what the players are like now, how I hold up as a player, etc

Please do me a favor and outline your typical playstyle with these questions:

Intuitive, or analytical?
Independent, or Collaborative?
Aggressive, or Passive?

I will respond to my own questions once I get some responses to the survey. As this is my first post I would also like to say good luck to you all! Hopefully this will be a good game!
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 9, Redados wrote:Hello fellow scum! I am also scum. What will our scumplan be in this game?
Welp, I guess I gotta bus you now. We'll scum together some other time.

VOTE: Redados

-/-/-/-

Hi guys. Mind answering my questions?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 24, Odd Day Jester wrote:I'm not town
So two scum slips on Page 1? You guys are making this too easy.

-/-/-

pre-edit

So you dont have a preference at all for how you play Norwegian guy?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 34, Noraa wrote:phew this game is gonna be rough. two pages in and my scum radar's already gone off multiple times. these entrances are really making me question everything...
Elaborate?

-/-/-/-

Pre-edit

Good to know NorwegianGuy. How many players on this roster do you know besides Shelly?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 38, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 34, Noraa wrote:phew this game is gonna be rough. two pages in and my scum radar's already gone off multiple times. these entrances are really making me question everything...
Scumreading people for their entrance is a fools errand.
TBH im disappointed you publicly came to this conclusion so soon. I was interested to see what other's reactions to RedGarodos and Jester were.

We could have gotten out of the boring RVS fun time much faster.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by Grendel »

where did all these pages come from haha?

Personally I'd like if the players pushing meta stuff the hardest can site some sources. Im not gonna fact check that stuff alone.

Correct me if im wrong (I skimmed) but: (Shelly, Jackson, Jester, Redodoas, Noraa) all have meta on eachother, and some of it is offsite?

Can you please hold my hand like im a small child and talk me through the reads you have on one another.

-/-/-/-/

Im not super inclined to support the Sundade TR that has been cropping up in peoples reads. Its really easy for scum to play the reasonable town thinker in a situation where most players are playing an overtly aggressive game.

Norigwee I think was reasonably town for pointing out the Jester/Red were reaction testing by posting silly things. I think mafia would prefer to do something safe like sit on a an existing wagon there.

Noraa's mod vote is a silly early game distraction i see mafia doing more so then town. At least thats how it is on my Home site. This isnt directly Noraa's fualt, but the copy pasta thing is annoying, and clogging up the thread.

idk the alignments of Jackson, and SHelly, but i do think that thier 1v1 hasnt been very helpful thus far. Shelly i can at least say isnt burying all her energy into the vs Jackson, and has some reads elsewhere.

Jester I wanna say is town for drawing lot of attention to himself, and for doing stuff outside of his meta reads.

Red himself isnt super AI. But i recall players discrediting his play at some point, so that points to him not being scum with that person, or people.

Mini i could probably vote as they seem to lacking presence, and not getting much attention. (Was anybody voting there?)

I guess I have nothing to say about the rest of the people.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 511, Odd Day Jester wrote:
In post 491, Saudade wrote:either way it seems... just not how I'd imagine scum would play this situation out
Normally I'd be inclined to agree, because why does scum lie about that so unnecessarily? But this is actually just how scum!shelly plays, she constantly backpedals on things when called out on them, and "flails" for lack of a better term (and this is why you don't ignore meta).
Show me some examples please?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

Why are you yelling at me

I was isoing some players, chill out
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 518, shellyc wrote:who are these Redodoas Sundade and Norigwee personas?

Grendel I don't like confirmed lurker and therefore scum on mini

"idk the alignments of an intense 1v1" seems scum thought more than town thought.

wallpost is at least high efforted
Calling me a lurker is extremely disingenuous when its been less then 24 hours and there are 22 pages to sort through. I play in forums where post count never hits this high this fast. Give me some space to think and read and digest lol.

Yeah i didnt read too hard into your and Jacksons 1v1 b/c none of the reasoning you two were using were super compelling for why either of you are scum. But Im actully in the middle of rereading both of you now in hopes I'll find something useful. I will get back to you soonish.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Grendel »

You think Mini is town then?

tbh I was shooting from the hip making that catch up, if you have strong reasons for town mini then go ahead and gimmie.

You're suspecting Suade? Is it just for the Mini vote?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 523, shellyc wrote:I read saude's towngames and he tunnels someone early game who has a super high chance of being scum
Oh I miss read this

you actually view him as town

-/-/-/-
In post 404, Odd Day Jester wrote:Readslist before I call it a night. I'll try and keep a sorted list for this game, useful for keeping track of my thoughts.

bugspray
MiniMegabyte
JacksonVirgo
duppin
Redados

UNOwen, NorwegianboyEE, Mundivore (Null)

Noraa
Saudade
Grendel
shellyc
Odd Day Jester
I thought Jester elaborated more on this reads list but going back to revisit it appears it was all binary. I guess Jester has been relying solely on meta thus far.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 123, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Spoiler: This Game
In post 6, Noraa wrote:VOTE: Morning Tweet
for having a hand in the elimination of vanilla townie Noraa in her first marathon game :(
In post 7, Noraa wrote:
In post 4, Mundivore wrote:VOTE: Odd Day Jester

clown detected

activating anti-clown measures
Sirius where you at?
In post 14, Noraa wrote:
In post 9, Redados wrote:Hello fellow scum! I am also scum. What will our scumplan be in this game?
your intro is LAMIST
VOTE: Redados
Mod your off the hook for now <.<
I'll get u in the next game im in with u :>>>>>>
In post 16, Noraa wrote:wait actually is that supposed to be TSTBS?
ur intro is either too bold to be scum or smart smart scum.
In post 18, Noraa wrote:but I think its smart smart scum >.<

Spoiler: THat game
In post 36, Noraa wrote:I thought Echovision voting multiple times was a lil sus bc it seems like he's desperately trying to eliminate shelly. The reply shelly gave was a lil provocative soo idk what to feel there. I feel like it's too hard to be sure on anything rn tho cuz most people haven't said much.
In post 345, Noraa wrote:wait so lemme get this right day 1 there mostly likely wi be two dead in one day if both kills happen? If so nuuuu;( not cool not cool
In post 8, Noraa wrote:@sirius9121 same here soooo VOTE: Nikahang
In post 19, Noraa wrote:Should've saved it for later after all patience is a virtue lmaooo
In post 22, Noraa wrote:LOL thats pretty random but I mean I like my laptop too unfortunately it will never be my favorite so long as my phone exists
In post 29, Noraa wrote:A little sus I agree.
In post 34, Noraa wrote:lol still trying to wrap my head around this game so I doubt anything I'm thinking rn would be of help.

I see a massive content difference just on the first few of their posts.
This is a good comparison/contrast. Looks like Noraa was really thinking through stuff she was posting a lot more in that scum game. Having all her reason out in the open asap and all that.

Im not familiar with Noraa's skill level to know if she's quick enough to learn from past games and adapt that fast. She certainly comes across as a new player. Ei not easliy about to adapt up her meta.
In post 160, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 149, MiniMegabyte wrote:
In post 138, shellyc wrote:
DAYVIG: JacksonVirgo

this is lockscum

jackson / noraa game solved
Wait a sec. What if.... Jackson and Noraa are both scum. Because Jackson is trying to prove them to be town here by going into other games and really trying. Hmmm...
I'm more of the bussing type
I wonder if Jackson and Shelly is scum theater actually?
In post 177, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 176, MiniMegabyte wrote:
In post 173, shellyc wrote:
In post 168, MiniMegabyte wrote:Am I supposed to take your word for that? It’s just seems off to me
megabyte don't you have offsite experience with jackson
I don’t think I’ve played a game with them where they were scum tho
You've only played games with me as town. Yet you're still super paranoid
Being unduly jumpy w/ regards to a player that has only ever randed town around you is pretty scummy actully. Also it points to Jack!town if Mini is scum.

-/-/-/-

idk what to do with the long list of "huhs" and "Whats" of Jackson w/ regards shelly's arguments. I feel like her claiming the Duppin thing was a bait is somewhat contrived, but I dont think its scummy nessessrly? I've definitely done some wonky lookin' back tracking as town before.

-/-/-/-
In post 287, JacksonVirgo wrote:The thing is I am not sure if shelly is just incredibly cocky and think they're the best scum-reader in the world or they're scum.
This is a weird thought since Shelly is Jackson's top scum read, Jackson values meta a great deal, and Jester confirms that shelly is within' her wolf range by acting aggressive. Its a thought process thats counter to where thier actions were leading.

-/-/-/-

I do recognize That jackson does latch in soon after that.

-/-/-/-

I think the shared meta tunnel from Jackson and Jester is unlikely for scum to do together so i can at least rule them out as a team. Im not super into Jacksons ISO mostly revolving around Shelly, but i think his takes on Noraa, and Mini are pretty good.

looking at Shelly next.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Grendel »

Oh, Jackson, you have many games showing the level at which you can bus laying around?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

Actully, i think that Jackson's world view just makes more sense to me as town then mafia.

Since everybody is digging into Shelly's meta i feel obligated to read some of her past games, but i'll have to do it tomarrow.

VOTE: Shelly
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Grendel »

Hey guys, just giving you all a heads up that im subbing out.

Really sorry, coming back to this forum was probably a mistake. I thought I could keep up, but it doesn't appear that I can. Good luck to the rest of you.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4172 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Grendel »

Hey! So i was right on Megamini, and shelly. :D

When Noraa flipped scum I thought the rest of my reads were probably trash.

-/-/-/-/

Sorry again for subbing out. :dead:

That was lame of me. I should've stuck with the game.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”