Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #543 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:36 pm

Post by chkflip »

Oh, wow.

UNVOTE: Psyche

Why was I voting an IC? Are we questioning that?

I haven't read. Please don't expect me to (at least not the whole shebang) in <24 hours.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #545 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:46 pm

Post by chkflip »

I'm not saying I won't play, I'm saying I won't be able to read up through the entire game before deadline.
In post 466, bugspray wrote:
In post 211, bugspray wrote:I guess I'm just going really fast and missing details. It's really preventing me from doing what I'm supposed to
In post 212, bugspray wrote:And now my actions are preventing other people from doing the right thing D:
crumb
Has it been brought up that bugspray waited until they were halfway to elimination before they crumbed this mega PR?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #563 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:37 am

Post by chkflip »

I lol'd. Thanks for that.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #575 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by chkflip »

The fucking vote count?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #579 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by chkflip »

Anyone want to point to where I should specifically focus on my overnight read?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #581 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by chkflip »

Counterpoint: why isn't there a counterwagon?

I see that one of them revealed to be IC, so duh gtfo of that, but why hasn't another formed?

I don't have good feels on this even without having read anything.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #584 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by chkflip »

I'd be game if we weren't at three hours.

Intent to hammer so we don't no elim.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #585 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 566, Truth wrote:The purpose would be that he can not as mafia change his claim later and has to dedicate himself to a role now which would be bad for him. Glitch in my first game acted similarly to him and he was talking about how he was going to claim 'even night loyal doctor'.
How many games have you played total?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #587 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by chkflip »

VOTE: bugspray
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #593 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by chkflip »

Me. Because hammering at < 3 hours to deadline is scummy.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #604 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:11 pm

Post by chkflip »

Aren't they

:)

the worst?

:cool:

YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #606 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:14 pm

Post by chkflip »

I, uh, still haven't read the game. Please forgive me. Gimme like 5 hours as I'm a bit busy atm but I'll do the whole thread in that time ezpz.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #611 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:22 am

Post by chkflip »

Y'all had a maf on page one from the looks of it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #615 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:48 am

Post by chkflip »

Truth.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #616 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:49 am

Post by chkflip »

I'm only on like p5, it's 7am and I haven't slept my dude. I'll see you later.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #641 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:10 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 635, Gypyx wrote:Reading truth will be a mess, i'd still rather forget about reading them, unless you bring out a compelling case @chkflip
No case, just a p1 read. I'll get back to reading now.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #646 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:21 am

Post by chkflip »

Page 1. Though it might've actually been Page 2 doubled down by the weird shit that happened right before EoD where he asked me to claim out of nowhere that helped the vibe I got. Gonna have to finish the 20 pages before I staple that in though.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #647 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:22 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 645, the worst wrote:you already got one :D
What's your read on 0v's slot
I'll focus on that slot. Anywhere else I should keep a keen eye?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #676 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:43 am

Post by chkflip »

lolno.

I'm gonna be honest. I
really
don't feel like dredging through 20 pages. This ended up getting me lynched last game as town so I'll do it if I absolutely have to but I'm just not having a good time doing it. I can get reads without it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #678 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:34 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 674, Truth wrote:I am quite suspicious of chkflip because Psyche said he wanted to execute him and then he died. Some people are saying this means chkflip is town as this play would be too obvious if chkflip was mafia. But I think because people will think that, it is actually the perfect play to make for him without getting any suspicion.

VOTE: chkflip
Do I claim now, or...?

Better question: when are you going to stop purposefully playing newb cards?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #690 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 686, the worst wrote: no

ideally yes but I don't think they're very self aware.

don't backread if you don't want. why don't you have opinions on things that are happening now?
My attentions have been elsewhere recently. I'm still getting back in the swing of things here but you have my full attention now. What's the case on Dunnstral exactly?
In post 683, Gypyx wrote: and chkflip lmao no, u don't need to claim
I was being facetious.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #691 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by chkflip »

Okay, so I don't see the Dunnstral stuff as being anything less than genuine scumhunting. I agree that there could potentially be a maf in osuka/looker, but gun to my head I don't think it's osuka off of today's play. Maybe it's the fact that he resembles my typical style but it reads town to me as well. So my surface level reads so far aside from the obvious IC clears and the cop inno I'm willing to town bucket Dunn and osuka so far. If Walter wasn't IC I'd town bucket him for his post about being disappointed in his D1 play. I'd also town bucket Gyp for a reason I already don't remember off my skim. I'll look back again to find that post if you'd like but you inno'd him, so, I don't think it matters that much.

The more I look at Truth the more I see newb!scum. The aversion to being "honest," the awkward 2-team question piling in with the other newb card self-awareness he keeps doing just isn't sitting well with me rn.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #692 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by chkflip »

That may or may not be because he has had this fetish with my slot all game, apparently (I think I saw something at EoD1 where someone called him out for that), but I'd almost be willing to elim off that alone. I spent a lot of years in the newbie queue to develop a sense of what newb!town vs newb!scum looked like and I'm getting hard vibes of the latter here.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #693 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by chkflip »

Decided to go back and give it another try.
In post 68, Truth wrote:I feel bad about my first game so I am trying to be open and transparent. If I was an important role, I would not have claimed, but because I am a vanilla townie, I claimed because I want people to see that I will not be lying in this game.
This is actually fairly redeeming in the newb!case. I'd seen it earlier but may have brushed past it. While incredibly wrong in its outcome I can actually see where newb!town is coming from here. I've seen it an absurd amount of times in the queue. Granted, this was years ago, but IME the newbie meta doesn't make incredible strides or shifts. My "honesty" read above was from his claim. I like this post a lot.

The redtea post above it is pretty wretching, though, in retrospect. Gonna wait for people who haven't showed up to chime in more there.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #697 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by chkflip »

I'm willing to accept that for now. What happened to your redtea read?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #703 (isolation #25) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:47 am

Post by chkflip »

, , , and read as genuine attempts to suss out the validity of the ninja roleblocker claim with personal meta alongside bugspray, then calling for a hammer (I don't see maf doing this in a 3 IC setup), then continuing his meta dive of spray as evidence.

I can see how and could be seen as a weak defense of oneself after the fact; however, I'd be more suspicious of the slot if he'd simply handwaved it with a "my bad" or something accepting the guilt to attempt to look town. He's wearing the mistake like a badge and moving on. I don't believe that's scum indicative and shows that he's making the best of the situation (lynching a strong town PR) while attempting to swing the pendulum back to move on from it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #707 (isolation #26) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:46 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 705, the worst wrote:Bugspray was literally a dead person walking. Can I get opinions on whether people agree with chk on this or whether Dunn is just burying an easy miselim? it feels like the latter to me and I don't really see how this is sorting lol
The condescension. You wanna explain why you think Dunn was burying someone you regard as an easy elimination?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #709 (isolation #27) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:42 am

Post by chkflip »

I don't see how that opinion adds anything to the conversation.

See how that works?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #711 (isolation #28) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:01 am

Post by chkflip »

Fascinating that you haven't come to realize I'm always angry.

Conclusion?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #713 (isolation #29) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:12 am

Post by chkflip »

Whether it was meant to be or not, "I don't really see how this is sorting lol" is condescending. How do you feel about what you've seen of Dunns play?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #714 (isolation #30) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:22 am

Post by chkflip »

I'd personally like to see more from Walt, redtea, and Overkill before I lay down a vote.

What about Walter's votes/play did you feel was shading?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #716 (isolation #31) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by chkflip »

Ope.

I feel like I should get town points for that but I know you're under a lot of pressure rn so I'll let it slide.

:lol:
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #721 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by chkflip »

Why were you afraid to say that?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #727 (isolation #33) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by chkflip »

I'm so glad I could help you sort that.

Still gonna wait for two of the three aforementioned names.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #734 (isolation #34) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

Egwbs urruen rhsjee eh

My change in Truth and defending Dunn were both fucking wrong?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #751 (isolation #35) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 750, Looker wrote:What do you think about superbowl?
I haven't seen enough to hold an opinion. He's another I'm interested in seeing more of.

VOTE: Truth

I want to trust my Dunn town read and he's town reading this, but like, also no. The votes are fucking awkward at best, the incessant focus on my slot that has apparently happened throughout most of the game (trying to goo on me, boy?), and there's no actual content in the votes either. Just excuses. This can go and if it flips red I'm gunning on osuka and Dunn holding at least one scum between them.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #764 (isolation #36) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by chkflip »

What's the case on Looker, exactly?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #767 (isolation #37) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by chkflip »

Don't put words in my mouth, tough guy.

I see "lol this is a scumpost" followed by three votes and no case. So, as people who've read the game, I'm looking to see if there's something I'm missing. I remember all of two Looker posts and they read the same, which isn't particularly town, but I'm not willing to let Truth continue to newb!scum it up because "lolmeta." Fuck that.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #770 (isolation #38) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:35 pm

Post by chkflip »

I said there could be one there. Didn't mention the other bit.

The 1v1 angle they shot early day gave me vibes that it isn't TvT but, I can't stress this enough apparently, I have a much stronger read against Truth.

So again I ask... what's the case on Looker?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #772 (isolation #39) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:40 pm

Post by chkflip »

Aside from what I mentioned in , or...?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #773 (isolation #40) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by chkflip »

His last two votes are attempts to pocket you and the "If I was scum" in the last vote is WIFOM bullshit that you're letting slide for reasons beyond my level of comprehension.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #777 (isolation #41) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:17 am

Post by chkflip »

You can't be fucking serious.
In post 774, the worst wrote:so sassy ~
I'll take this as a "no, I don't actually have a Looker case, this is just an easier vote."

Good chat.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #778 (isolation #42) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:24 am

Post by chkflip »

I read that as "wait," not Walt. Carry on.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #780 (isolation #43) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:18 am

Post by chkflip »

Guess I'm waiting for bowl, osuka, or Titus to come in and continue this chat with me then.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #782 (isolation #44) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:59 am

Post by chkflip »

So you don't have a Looker case. Whatever.

What's your aversion to the Truth wagon?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #786 (isolation #45) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:00 am

Post by chkflip »

Wait for it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #789 (isolation #46) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:27 am

Post by chkflip »

Wait fooooor iiiiit.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #794 (isolation #47) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:03 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 791, Looker wrote:queer culture
Reign it in there, sport.

It's just a new word for the same action townies have been accusing one another of doing since I've been here.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #803 (isolation #48) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:22 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 800, Nepenthes wrote:Imo you should flip your reads on Looker and Dunn, Dunns scumgame is good enough that calling his confidence ai esp in comparison to Looker demanding a case is a mistake
Oh look, a SeCrEt AlT that's using fucking meta.

Shocking.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #806 (isolation #49) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:27 am

Post by chkflip »

I disagree with secret alts using meta period.

But no I don't think Dunn is scum here.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #807 (isolation #50) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:28 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 801, Nepenthes wrote:superbowls case looks good faith to me i just think hes wrong
Why
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #808 (isolation #51) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:30 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 800, Nepenthes wrote:Imo you should flip your reads on Looker and Dunn, Dunns scumgame is good enough that calling his confidence ai esp in comparison to Looker demanding a case is a mistake
I agree with the spirit of this (Looker demanding a case being bad is wrong, Dunn is experienced) but your "flip Dunn and Looker" I disagree with.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #811 (isolation #52) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:37 am

Post by chkflip »

Confidence level isn't really the meat and potatoes of his case, though?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #814 (isolation #53) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:49 am

Post by chkflip »

I feel like he was making a reference more than he was saying "Dunn is also bad but at least he's confident," but I'll wait for bowl to come in and clarify as that's an interesting point I may have glossed over as it didn't read as much more than an aside to me.

I'm not in the business of repeating myself. I've given my opinion on Looker. You apparently read the entire thread in the span of time you've been here so surely you didn't miss it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #816 (isolation #54) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:53 am

Post by chkflip »

Spoiler alert: you're not conf!town, just prob!town. Chop chop.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #818 (isolation #55) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:58 am

Post by chkflip »

Ooh this again. You sure you read because this feels like deja vu.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #820 (isolation #56) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:06 am

Post by chkflip »

I don't see the purpose in discussing someone's read with them unless I'm looking for something (spew, clarity) or I flat out disagree with it (people loltown reading Truth). Otherwise, what's the purpose? You're town reading Looker. Neat! That doesn't mean anything more than I know you're not going to sneaky E-1 them or make an intent to hammer unless that's our only option to lynch.

Meanwhile, in Shit-That-Actually-Matters-ville, I've been trying to get people to see that Truth is newb!scumming all over the Goddamn place. I don't really think I'm the guy you need to be talking about your Looker read with, no?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #821 (isolation #57) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:08 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 819, Nepenthes wrote:K i can see you dislike talking to me so ill stop trying
Hi, I'm chkflip, and I'm always angry.

Don't take it personally.

I hate
all of you
in equal measure.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #823 (isolation #58) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:27 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 793, Nepenthes wrote: looker wagon is boring compromise
In post 795, Nepenthes wrote:Tbh id be surprised if looker flipped scum, they spent most of the leadup to bugsprays execution calling the pronoun insistence a scum strat (like lol)
What am I supposed to say to this that is helpful to you reading me? The first makes it sound like you're not particularly confident in that town read and the second is... what... TSTBS? Idek what to classify that as, exactly, and I don't think that's a strong enough argument to dismiss the validity of things like misrepresentation and the weird angle shooting that bowl is accusing him of.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #826 (isolation #59) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:34 am

Post by chkflip »

Not following up on posts is also p scummy. Speaking of which:

OH DUNNY BOY:
In post 697, chkflip wrote:I'm willing to accept that for now. What happened to your redtea read?
HEY TITUS:
In post 711, chkflip wrote:Fascinating that you haven't come to realize I'm always angry.

Conclusion?
HI TRUTH:
In post 721, chkflip wrote:Why were you afraid to say that?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #828 (isolation #60) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:41 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 825, Nepenthes wrote:I wasnt confident or thinking he was town in 793, 795 came after I reread, chk
What did you reread to come to that new conclusion?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #829 (isolation #61) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:42 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 824, superbowl9 wrote:Can you just play worse please?
I

what?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #832 (isolation #62) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:44 am

Post by chkflip »

More specifically
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #873 (isolation #63) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 871, Looker wrote:Would chkflip being willing to misflip me on a later day keep me from being NK'd tonight? Or misflipped today in the place of Truth? I'm assuming scum are handcuffed to NKing ICs.
Yeah, it couldn't possibly be that I'm just, Idk, having just as hard a time as four other players are having with sifting through your posts to find some semblance of town thought or processing.

Just gonna point out that "I'm not being paranoid" followed by "Nep and superbowl are conspiring against me! They're using the same words to discredit me!" is fucking meme level hilarity.

Is it possible we have two scum on the ropes right now?

This is just really fucking weird to me.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #874 (isolation #64) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by chkflip »

Wait

viewtopic.php?t=82699&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

hhhhHHHHHHH

Dunnstral you were alive a lot longer than me in this one (also I replaced out bc personal lives are fun).

I'm crazy y/n
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #887 (isolation #65) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by chkflip »

THERE IS SCUM IN THIS PLAYERLIST

VOTE: Looker

Congratulations, you just LEAPED over Truth.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #894 (isolation #66) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

Oh hey guess what he does as caught scum.
In post 842, Looker wrote:Either way, gg, see you in post
Wild.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #907 (isolation #67) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:30 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 903, Titus wrote:
In post 883, Nepenthes wrote:
In post 881, Looker wrote:this stuffs really hard to type with one hand so osuka/superbowl and one of dunn chkflip neptune titus. gypyx and truth inspection later
This is the entire playerlist
I cannot parse this. Can someone explain it?
I enjoy that this post is quite literally right under a vote count.

Scroll up.

Look at the names he mentioned.

Look at the VC.

Now look back at the names.

Now look in your hand. (Diamonds!)

No, but seriously, he named everyone minus himself and the two living ICs as potential scum. The particularly strange part of that post, to me, is that he has said the Truth wagon has been a distraction all phase. So for him to say "y'know what maybe Truth too" above out of nowhere seemed like cog dis to me.

However, I was unaware that Looker is one of those fellas like me that just looks the same every game regardless of alignment. Big ups to the Dunn for finally chiming in with that.

VOTE: Truth

L-1.

I get where you're coming from, Titus.

You're wrong but I get it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #913 (isolation #68) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:24 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 900, Dunnstral wrote:I don't get what you mean, did I ever have a 'redtea read'?
I thought I saw you have something significant to say about that slot but it appears I am mistaken on a re-skim.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #914 (isolation #69) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:26 am

Post by chkflip »

souporsalad you keep bitching about the way people are attempting to solve while offering up zero alternative options. y tho
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #916 (isolation #70) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:31 am

Post by chkflip »

Uhhh
In post 797, superbowl9 wrote:
Looker

I don't usually naked vote but some of your posts had pinged me and I was going V/LA, so I figured it would be the perfect time to see how you'd react to a vote with no case! I would characterize your reaction as paranoid, which isn't a good look. I will give you the case you so desire now :)

You seem to just have dropped my , then bring it back in with a complete mischaracterization. Let's address this. You made a post essentially telling town what to do (), I say "why are you baselessly telling town what to do - how is that helpful in any way" (), then you come back 200 posts later and say "aha! you agreed with my reads in that post, so why were you clowning it???"()

Instead of using my post as evidence in a case against me,
can you go back and answer my
? The point of that post was not to degrade you, or to disagree with the players you want to sort, it was to figure out what was going through your head when you made , which I am still confused about.

More stuff wrong with your - you point to as though I am trying to bring attention away from psyche/osuka now that psyche is cleared, but psyche wasn't cleared until . I also don't know why you said I thought I would be alive D2 for this:
In post 449, superbowl9 wrote:that's something I will read back over and
hopefully
explore D2 as well.
All of that is really just misinformation that you've pushed though, and I'm really not inclined to view that as AI by itself. What I have been scumreading from you is your reasoning. You pushed a counterwagon for VCA stuff in , but abandoned that (admittedly very bad) idea 2 posts later to hop on the main wagon for the day (conveniently right after bugspray's crumb might I add?) To me this shows that the principle behind your votes has been quite weak.

Another ping for me is the paranoia in your recent posts - you seem quite anxious for a case on you that you can shut down and have been OMGUSy (which you also think is scum indicative LOL). This will make more sense when I get to dunnstral, but you both are like two sides of the same coin to me: you both pop in here and there and provide some guarded content, but dunn reads quite confident and goal-oriented with his, while you feel almost jumpy and lacking in distinct motivations with yours. I like my vote on you right now.

P.S. - Another post coming soon with other game thoughts, so I probably wont respond to stuff from this until that one's out. After that though I should be able to jump back into stuff.
In post 824, superbowl9 wrote:
Truth, the worst, and dunn

TW, you have been great since you came in. I do think, however, that you are focusing on the wrong things, and since your word is having a lot of sway (with walter even sheeping you), I think we should stop wasting time with discussion that's not going to bring us anywhere.

Firstly, this Truth wagon. I think it's fine if we want to policy elim Truth,
but we're having the wrong discussions about this slot
. We should not be talking about the reasoning behind their actions, and whether a certain post is scummy or towny. How are you going to accurately analyze the mindset of someone who claims D1, calls for others to claim for clarity, blindly sheeps, etc. etc. etc. To say that anyone can evaluate Truth's alignment using normal metrics I think would be foolish.

This leaves us with two options fmpov. One is to policy elim Truth ASAP. The other is to essentially treat Truth as a non-factor and ignore them until a decisive tell manifests or until we absolutely have to address them (2 town v 1 scum or some such scenario). I think there's a case for both sides, but if we want to policy elim we need to do it asap or it's just turned into our second scenario, except now we've wasted time and let scum fly under the radar as we have meaninglessly debated Truth. I was under the impression that we had decided to go with the second option Day 1, but if we want to reevaluate that's fine (although a little suspiciously looks like saving an easy ML till D2). Let's just have the discussion we should be having instead of a useless one that only seems productive.

On dunnstral - I said I would stuff him in town and re-evaluate D2, and he's continued to come off very towny to me since then. I find myself nodding my head at each of his posts (i understand that statement is extemely memeable), as they are accurate, help move the gamestate forwards, and just make sense from a town mindset. Granted a lot of this is contextual, so it's kind of hard to make a succinct case here without going into more detail about the context of certain posts/mindset stuff. I think that this is what a lot of the replaces who came in and started pushing him are missing tho - I think the worst kind of admits this by saying the case was clickbaity.

At the end of the day Dunn comes off as very "sit back and analyze" to me as opposed to "sit back and let other people do the work". It's easy to target that type of playstyle since he's not churning out towny content, but I think if you poke him you will see for yourself that he's thinking about stuff and not just sitting in the back picking off MLs. I also get that I haven't really provided hard evidence here, so if you want me to go into more details on these specifics lmk and I can give you a couple of his interactions that townpinged me.

Other stuff

Also don't understand the redtea case, I just don't see scum coming out swinging like he did and providing such specific early reads and theories, seems wayyyy more likely to be confident town having fun with the game than 8d chess scum to me.

Although the worst faked the gypyx result (-.-) I do like his reaction to being "conftown", it seemed very natural to me in the context of his behavior in our games together. As long as that content promise comes thru I have no major complaints with that slot.

I think my to watch list for now is Titus/chkflip/looker/osuka, particularly annoying is chkflip, as I was pretty solidly null on Nash and he seems quite competent, so it will probably be hard to get a read for a while. Can you just play worse please?

Osuka seems like another interesting slot for me that I will/have been having a tough time reading, but I they're on the to do list for now because I don't want to reread through his iso today. That is probably coming up soon tho, so watch out buddy :twisted:
WHERE
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #917 (isolation #71) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:32 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 824, superbowl9 wrote:I think my to watch list for now is Titus/chkflip/looker/osuka
What is this called?

Because it looks like PoE bud.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #922 (isolation #72) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:58 am

Post by chkflip »

Those are people you would consider for future elims y/n
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #923 (isolation #73) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:01 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 921, superbowl9 wrote:some weird VCA stuff
Don't besmirch VCA. I've used it to win games, as has Titus. Which is why I said I understood where she was coming from but that she was incorrect.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #925 (isolation #74) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:04 am

Post by chkflip »

Fascinating. So you renamed PoE. gg
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #939 (isolation #75) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by chkflip »

@MOD: Prod Truth plz kthx
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #941 (isolation #76) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by chkflip »

Well that's a fucking scumclaim if I ever saw one.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #943 (isolation #77) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by chkflip »

You understand you hammered under the pretense of "I need to survive" y/n
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #945 (isolation #78) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by chkflip »

I hammered bugspray because we had three house left in phase.

This isn't the same thing.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #979 (isolation #79) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 950, the worst wrote:i'd be fine if nep makes it to endgame.
What's f9?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #982 (isolation #80) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by chkflip »

I have no idea how or why I quoted the worst's post there.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1035 (isolation #81) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by chkflip »

Looking forward to Titus VCA tbh.

The noise to content ratio in this game is giving me a fucking headache.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1037 (isolation #82) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

You're a gem.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1040 (isolation #83) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by chkflip »

You may as well have used fuckin comic sans.

V disappointed
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1042 (isolation #84) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by chkflip »

The only townread I have is Dunnstral and that irritates me.

Pedit: I WILL YOU ILLITERATE COW
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1046 (isolation #85) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by chkflip »

When did I disappear, exactly?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1047 (isolation #86) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by chkflip »

Does anybody here play Fortnite?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1049 (isolation #87) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by chkflip »

I just figured I'd add to it a little bit if it got me a duo buddy gfy

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1052 (isolation #88) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by chkflip »

Truth (ELIM) - WaltertheDunce10, Nepenthes, the worst, Titus, chkflip, Looker

leaving

superbowl9, osuka, Dunnstral, and Gypyx off the wagon.

How many scum for a 13p mini? 1:3? 1:4? Idk off top, I've only run large themes for what seems like forever so Idk which is considered normal here anymore. If 1:4, regardless of flip, it's statistically impossible for scum to not be on this wagon because that'd mean that the entire scum team was off the wagon and I'm just not believing that. If Truth town, at least two wagoners are scum and there're only four names not green so it's 50/50 chance to find them tomorrow which is nice. If Truth scum, Idk, maybe just one bus?

The more I type this the less 1:4 makes sense to me but maybe I'm just overthinking something here.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1056 (isolation #89) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by chkflip »

I meant impossible only in the sense of what I said after, that it'd mean they were all off wagon. I later suggest that I v much don't think that's a thing.

I'm not getting scum vibes from Nep or Titus so the bus, to me, comes from Looker here. I know that's against both worst and Nep's opinions here but it's the only off vote imo. I'll follow their lead on that tomorrow if it comes to it but I'm certainly not about just letting Looker off the hook for that. Just doesn't sit right with me.

Of the four off wagon, the only one I have a strong read on is Dunnstral. Period. I feel like osuka posts a lot like me so it'll be tough for me to parse there personally. Gypyx's last post with the Looker vote was awkward but I think it's pretty obvious both he and Walter weren't keeping up with the thread when they last posted.

So that leaves me, in order: Looker/osuka/Gypyx (none really above or below the other there, just all null-scum to me) superbowl/Titus/Nep (null to null-town), Dunn (town).

Hmm.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1059 (isolation #90) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by chkflip »

I've attempted stand up, it's why I'm a Stand Up Guy.

Titus is definitely smart enough to bus, it just doesn't read like a bus to me (which is one reason I'm looking forward to their VCA tomorrow). And as much as I'd like to point at Nep for one reason or another (coming straight in with the Truth vote, for example) something about their posting is ringing town to me. PoE.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1062 (isolation #91) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by chkflip »

What are your current reads, tw?

My old stand up in a thread here
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=25831
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1065 (isolation #92) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1063, Nepenthes wrote:I wanna hear all about this tomorrow
You're missing/skipping the part in my previous post where I said "if scum, one bus." There's no doubt this wagon was town-centered. Y'all were all over the place when I had first mentioned it, then Truth came in with like three awful back-to-back votes and that's when the lot started piling on while I waited in vain for certain players that I'm still having a hard time reading.

But yes.

Tomorrow.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1069 (isolation #93) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1066, the worst wrote:73% sure walt is town
I'm 100% sure Walt is town.

Hm. Titus over Nep if bus isn't Looker.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing but you're conf town so, like I said, I'll follow your lead.

But yeah I'm putting the cart before the horse and this is all spec until we get a GODDAMN FLIP WHERE ARE YOU MOD. (It's late on half the planet I'm not actually yelling at you bud you're doing a great job)
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1070 (isolation #94) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by chkflip »

What are your reads Nep?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1073 (isolation #95) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by chkflip »

Talk to me about Dunn plz
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1080 (isolation #96) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:27 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 1076, Titus wrote:VOTE: Gypyx

Good morning.
In post 1077, osuka wrote:No not tw :(

I’ll miss him

VOTE: looker
None of this naked shit, it's D3. Elaborate.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1100 (isolation #97) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:48 am

Post by chkflip »

That's maybe true if you look at my votes in a void without the context of literally anything else that happened in thread, but getting to you, Looker, and Nep is gonna have to wait about another half a day before I can get to it proper. Also still waiting on Titus to respond and I'll get to her and osuka regarding their votes.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1106 (isolation #98) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:40 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 1063, Nepenthes wrote:
In post 1059, chkflip wrote:I've attempted stand up, it's why I'm a Stand Up Guy.

Titus is definitely smart enough to bus, it just doesn't read like a bus to me (which is one reason I'm looking forward to their VCA tomorrow). And as much as I'd like to point at Nep for one reason or another (coming straight in with the Truth vote, for example) something about their posting is ringing town to me. PoE.
I wanna hear all about this tomorrow

The truth wagon was town directed, thats something to pick apart when we see a flip
Talk to me, Nep.
In post 1081, osuka wrote: literally just fucking iso me. my reasons for voting looker haven't changed from day 2
It's less that Idk your intentions and more I'm not certain I follow them as much today. I thought maybe the hammer was his bus attempt for last second town cred, but what's the scum motivation in saying he wanted Truth the least after hammering him? I believe worst and Nep had valid points regarding that in twilight.
In post 1083, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:VOTE: Osuka
I agree
Which parts do you agree with?
In post 1084, Gypyx wrote: Also just a quick point, why did looker hammer truth even if he wanted to flip him the least out of all players, survivalism?
Absolutely it was survivalism. He said as much himself in his hammer vote. What do you think about that?
In post 1099, Gypyx wrote:Also, i'm making a guess here, does truth insisting to get a claim from Nash (now chkflip) is a poor attempt from him to distanciate from his scummates?

Cuz like, as well as that i find chk's vote on truth to be weird, as there isn't any reason he mentions why he's voting him, and he even proceeds to push harder on looker, while voting truth, which seems a little contradictory to me
Not to be the pot calling the kettle black (by saying check my ISO when in this same post I just questioned osuka on that) here, but I absolutely called that out in some of my first posts in D2. I was hoping to get more from the playerlist before voting there myself; however, Truth just continued to scum it up before I could really get any more out of anybody else. The post just prior to my switching to Looker is what I was talking about when I switched.

Show me, though, where I pushed Looker when voting Truth, because I don't think that's anything more than a misrepresentation.

You say you're reading the the thread and that your ability to scum hunt is lacking. Unfortunately, you're going to have to dive into the wolves den here because we don't have time to have anyone shielding themselves with inexperience as we a) just lynched one player who newb carded the thread up as much as they possibly could've, and b) have these instances where you're claiming to have misread things like a vote count (which is pretty cut and dry) wherein you voted the counterwagon instead of scum.
In post 1102, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Alright, any views chkflip on who ?
I'm
assuming
you're asking for my opinion/reads.

I still only have Dunnstral as town by way of gut and tone of posts. I have no other solid town reads aside from maybe Nep and Titus but an experienced player can always make it seem like they're mindmelding with town. And I think I've yet to play a game with Titus where I didn't go full China on her and assume she's guilty until proven innocent. I want to believe I can read the woman but honestly I don't really think that I can. Though I think she may be on to something here:

VOTE: Gypyx

This is a placeholder while I wait for Titus and replies.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1120 (isolation #99) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1108, Titus wrote: 2) Chkflip pushed for Looker and only changed after I speculated he could be scum.
In post 1109, Gypyx wrote: i mean, even if you don't call that a push, you can't deny that you were voting looker and switched to truth without giving any reason why looker is higher on your town list
So you're both just flat out ignoring the part in that vote switch where I acknowledge (after having asked Dunn) that my town read probably has a better read on the slot than I do?

Fascinating.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1122 (isolation #100) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1113, Nepenthes wrote:Chk i want to know why you didnt think titus was bussing and what problem there was with my starting off with a truth vote d2
I don't recall having a problem with you voting Truth. I was agreeing and pointing out the Truth may be scum before you were even on the wagon OR in the game. Where are you getting this from, exactly?
In post 1114, Nepenthes wrote:Your gypyx vote doesnt grab me and im not seeing where you get the titus townread from
But I think shes scum less than i did yesterday
Her paranoia of me is a bit reassuring, honestly. I think she immediately went after me in our last game where she was scum and I was 3p (so not aligned together) but didn't as much when we were both town. This reads more like the latter than the former and I'm trying not to Nero Cain her here where I just always scum read her no matter what. I'm trying to, uh, what's the word I'm looking for OH GROW AS A PERSON. Heh.

As previously stated, my votes more a good faith placeholder to see how Titus reacted/responded and I think I'm good with leaving it here for the moment while I look over some things.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1140 (isolation #101) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1123, Nepenthes wrote:
In post 1059, chkflip wrote:Titus is definitely smart enough to bus, it just doesn't read like a bus to me (which is one reason I'm looking forward to their VCA tomorrow). And as much as I'd like to point at Nep for one reason or another (coming straight in with the Truth vote, for example) something about their posting is ringing town to me. PoE.
Here
And here I am looking back at when the vote happened looking for some shit, duh me.

That wasn't meant to read "I didn't like Nep's vote" any more than "I didn't like how they voted." You coming in after having apparently reading the entire thread in break neck speed (I still haven't gone back and read the parts I wasn't involved in, I just cba) and saying what you said with the vote (something along the lines of "let town judge me" IIRC) just sat awkwardly with me in twilight.

Given what we know now (Truth scum) and your play following that I don't actually think it's a bus. I was saying I could see it being so. Not exactly the same thing. You're still up there with Titus in my null-town pile and I've no intention of lowering you any time soon given your play today.

I'd really like Walter to explain what it is exactly he agrees with re: Lookers case because I don't agree with almost any of it and, since he's conf!town, I'd like to know what he's seeing that I'm not.

Also hoping Titus finds the time to VCA because she's better at it than I am.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1146 (isolation #102) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:28 am

Post by chkflip »

Anything.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1148 (isolation #103) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:25 am

Post by chkflip »

Hey Walt.
In post 1106, chkflip wrote:
In post 1083, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:VOTE: Osuka
I agree
Which parts do you agree with?
*cough*
In post 1140, chkflip wrote:I'd really like Walter to explain what it is exactly he agrees with re: Lookers case because I don't agree with almost any of it and, since he's conf!town, I'd like to know what he's seeing that I'm not.
*cough cough*
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1151 (isolation #104) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:47 am

Post by chkflip »

Hey fuck you buddy.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1154 (isolation #105) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:56 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 952, osuka wrote:what the fuck was that hammer dude what the fuck is your problem
In post 955, osuka wrote:On one hand, you could argue that we’ll have more of a chance to read lurker so that’s a good thing because we might be more accurate. On the other, you could argue that we’ll have more of a chance to read lurker so that’s a bad thing because he might manipulate us more, which makes us less accurate.

There’s zero point in reading truth at all because you can’t make any sense of it, so honestly at that point who the fuck cares anyway
In post 961, osuka wrote:
In post 959, Looker wrote:"Looker's a skilled player", but "Not skilled enough to find scum" lol this is funny
When did I say you’re not skilled to find scum? You’re literally making shit up at this point

I’ve been saying that you’re scum this whole time anyway so it’s not even like you have to try all that hard to find them, it’s all in your role pm
In post 1077, osuka wrote:No not tw :(

I’ll miss him

VOTE: looker
I don't think these come from a Truth!partner.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1160 (isolation #106) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:15 am

Post by chkflip »

Nep, you're saying you think osuka was posturing in twilight? Why would he have to do that?

Walt, my short answer is I'm not sure if we did or not. But if I had to choose one of osuka and Looker to be more town than the other, my money's on osuka.
In post 1152, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Yeah, they both seem pretty scummy for different reasons.
I want you to know I'd be cursing and belittling you if you weren't conf!town. Please review what I asked you and try again.
In post 1152, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Nep , gyp is town
Why is Gypyx town?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1181 (isolation #107) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1161, Nepenthes wrote:Chk telling me to fuck off but then answering anyways is a representation of this entire game in miniature
While im at it 1077 is bull bc everybody knows tw was the only night 2 kill ever so i dont buy osukas "nooo not him"

Yeah I can see what you're saying. I guess I'm just giving the similar playstyle too much of the benefit of the doubt?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1201 (isolation #108) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:53 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 1189, superbowl9 wrote:chkflip why are you voting gypyx? You said it was a placeholder but 1 what are you waiting for and 2 why him specifically as a placeholder?
I answered both of these questions already, so what's the point of this post exactly but to look productive?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1204 (isolation #109) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:16 am

Post by chkflip »

Wait Walt where's the contradiction? I'm lost.

Bowl I'm not in the business of repeating myself.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1215 (isolation #110) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by chkflip »

Gypyx, why osuka? Simply because deadline + no read?

Bowl, I thought I'd made it more clear in the post right after the one you linked but apparently I didn't. That's on me. I'm heading to bed right now though and I think I need to reevaluate anyway.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1217 (isolation #111) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:25 am

Post by chkflip »

What are your reads?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1284 (isolation #112) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by chkflip »

Bowl, my vote was a good faith placeholder. As in I didn't have the time or energy to do much so I placed it there to see what Titus would do with it because -- though I think she's about as town as Nep in regards to content and my personal opinion -- I wanted to be sure. I also wanted to see what Gypyx would do against the pressure. Though I'm not sold on Gyp!town, that's not today's lynch.

UNVOTE: Gypyx if I haven't. My head is pounding. I'm gonna see where the votes at, reread the last five pages or so, then reconvene.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1288 (isolation #113) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by chkflip »

Don't like the early osuka claim.
Also don't like the Looker AtE.

Lookers EoD posts tho.

VOTE: osuka E1

I ACTIVATE MY TRAP CARD! DUNNSTRAL'S ARRIVAL! WITH THIS CARD, DUNNSTRAL WILL...

He will...

Uh...

participate?

<_<

My Dunnstral townread is fading my dudes.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1291 (isolation #114) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1290, Nepenthes wrote:I accept your declaration of love chk
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1293 (isolation #115) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by chkflip »

Nep was not asking you to claim, and excuse me if I sincerely don't believe your stance there.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1294 (isolation #116) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1225, Nepenthes wrote:Osukas at L-1 claim intent before hammer
What this says: hey town, claim intent to hammer

What this doesn't say: osuka claim
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1320 (isolation #117) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1310, Looker wrote:With all due respect, Ms. Murderfucker, I don't understand your first sentence.
Don't fucking be disrespectful.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1364 (isolation #118) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by chkflip »

I

what?

Time to ISO dive.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1365 (isolation #119) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:04 pm

Post by chkflip »

Truth, Gypyx, superbowl, and Looker. Those were her votes all game. Only two of those names are left. Unsure if scum or another distraction. Gonna take a look at VCs.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1366 (isolation #120) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by chkflip »

I
suppose
her "I'll have more info from a Looker flip" may have spooked them into killing her over conf!town? Strange fucking play but I guess I get it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1367 (isolation #121) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:05 am

Post by chkflip »

All three final vote counts.
In post 597, Not Known 15 wrote:
Vote Count 1.ENDbugspray(7) Dunnstral, Truth, Looker, Gypyx,
WaltertheDunce10
, superbowl9, chkflip,

Not Voting(4)
LicketyQuickety
,0verki11,
Psyche,
osuka,

Psyche
(1)redtea,

Truth(1)bugspray,

Gypyx(0)

osuka(0)

WaltertheDunce10
(0)

LicketyQuickety
(0)

superbowl9(0)

Dunnstral(0)

Looker(0)

chkflip
Nash
(0)

redtea(0)

0verki11(0)

No Execute (0)

With 13 alive it is 7 to execute, and 7 to No Execute.

Day 1 ends.

bugspray
has been executed. They were:
Spoiler:
Town Ninja RoleblockerYou are a Town Ninja Roleblocker.

Your actions are not visible to Tracker-like and Watcher-like roles

Each night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player's active abilities will be blocked that night.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.

Night 1 begins. Lickety Quickety is being replaced.
Night 1 will end in (expired on 2020-07-30 03:30:00) if a replacement for Lickety Quickety is found within 24 hours.
In post 1074, Not Known 15 wrote:
Vote Count 2.6
Truth(6)
WaltertheDunce10
, Nepenthes,
the worst
, Titus, chkflip, Looker,

Looker(3)superbowl9,osuka,Gypyx,

Not Voting(1)Dunnstral,

osuka(1)Truth,

Titus
0verki11
(0)

Dunnstral(0)

chkflip
Nash
(0)

WaltertheDunce10
(0)

Gypyx(0)

the worst
LicketyQuickety
(0)

superbowl9(0)

Nepenthes
redtea
(0)

No Execute (0)

With 11 alive it is 6 to execute, and 6 to No Execute.

Day 2 ends.

Truth
was executed Day 2. They were:
Spoiler:
Mafia GoonYou are a Mafia Goon.

[REDACTED]

Each night, if no other member of your faction is performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.

You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Night 2 begins and ends in (expired on 2020-08-07 03:34:00)
In post 1339, Not Known 15 wrote:
Vote Count 3.4
Looker(5) osuka, superbowl9, Titus,
WaltertheDunce10,
Dunnstral,

osuka(4)Looker,Nepenthes,Gypyx,chkflip,

Not Voting(0)

Gypyx(0)

superbowl9(0)

Titus
0verki11
(0)

Dunnstral(0)

chkflip
Nash
(0)

WaltertheDunce10
(0)

Nepenthes
redtea
(0)

No Execute (0)

With 9 alive it is 5 to execute, and 5 to No Execute.

Day 3 ends.

Looker
was executed Day 3. They were:
Spoiler:
Vanilla TownieYou are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no active abilities.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Night 3 begins and ends in (expired on 2020-08-15 19:00:00).
I've added spaces because (Idk about PC) it runs the trains off the grid when they aren't spaced. I'm going to look at them and I think everyone should chime in on what these may mean.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1372 (isolation #122) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:35 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 1369, Nepenthes wrote:It means superbowls vote history is awful
Gypyx Looker is dead
I would argue osuka is equally as bad but I'll follow your lead here. Dunnstral is a bad vote imo.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1375 (isolation #123) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:01 am

Post by chkflip »

May I persuade you to go this way?

VOTE: osuka
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1384 (isolation #124) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1381, Nepenthes wrote:
In post 1379, Nepenthes wrote:Like how does town who was wrong on looker and truth think Neps been steering them wrong when ive been saying Lookers town all game
I also was pretty clear abt Titus town so superbowl trying to pass the buck to being pocketed is lol
Why are you so hyper focused on such a surface-level comment?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1387 (isolation #125) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by chkflip »

I feel your pain, kid, but to write four seperate posts on the same single line of text seems a bit much. Like, I saw your line about how you wanted to see more from
everyone
and bit my fingers so as to not shove them down your throat with a barrage of expletives.

You'll be joining me on osuka y/n?

Pedit: mm, maybe I'm still in need of getting used to the new meta of hyper posting. You're going to carry on either way.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1391 (isolation #126) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:59 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 1389, Gypyx wrote:i'm not really convinced of duun being town but i think i'll follow nep's call on this one

VOTE: Superbowl

we might have a winning PoE now that i think about it
Yeah it's not like I've been calling him town since D2. :lol:

Follow Nep.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1399 (isolation #127) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:25 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 1397, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:That is really weird way to go about it this late in the game, right?
I'm about as big a fan of the guy as the rest of you, but I've definitely re-assessed my reads at every stage of the game before regardless of alignment personally. Especially when it comes closer and closer to limlo (or whatever we're calling it these days). I think the LAMIST posturing from osuka is much worse in regards to levels of scumminess.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1403 (isolation #128) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1400, Nepenthes wrote:Can they both be scum
Absolutely, yes.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1404 (isolation #129) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by chkflip »

It's unlikely IMO but it's absolutely possible.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1409 (isolation #130) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:10 am

Post by chkflip »

What's troubling me most is osukas silence.

Can we get a vote there please?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1442 (isolation #131) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by chkflip »

Imagine using mafblack on purpose.

Yikes.

I'm gonna popcorn on this fight for a little bit tbh.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1458 (isolation #132) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:51 am

Post by chkflip »

The osuka aggro reads fake to me.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1480 (isolation #133) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1459, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Enough to hammer?
Yes? But I'm already voting him.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1481 (isolation #134) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1471, Nepenthes wrote:unique pushes arent something to be proud of if theyre wrong anyway
That part. Lol
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1488 (isolation #135) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:20 am

Post by chkflip »

Honestly Dunn seems like he's just going to be prod replaced at this point. We can wait if you guys want to but it's not like he's going to magically start posting anything of significant substance after all this time. I think he's gotten himself in the situation where he's just perpetually behind but doesn't replace out because there's a level of investment still there. And finding replacements this late in the game is sometimes more difficult for moderators. That's in my experience at least.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1506 (isolation #136) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:01 am

Post by chkflip »

It's superbowl. If we weren't in limlo I'd automatically be voting there. Deepest apologies to osuka I obv can't read you. But big ups to arrogant scum for giving us a 50% chance to lynch them today. Goodbye, bowl!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1508 (isolation #137) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:59 am

Post by chkflip »

I don't recall seeing them defend anyone; however, Idk how useful a one-shot vanilla cop is in a setup like this with a flipped goon (that she helped me push). Does that mean two scum PRs are still in this damn game?
In post 1504, Gypyx wrote:Walter, do you think it's possible for chkflip to be scum?
You're the towniest non-confirmed IMO. My Dunnstral read has all but dissolved at this point. Walk me through this so we can solve this damn game.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1510 (isolation #138) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:28 am

Post by chkflip »

Popcorn it to somebody.

Yes it's important.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1519 (isolation #139) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:47 am

Post by chkflip »

It ain't me but I'd sincerely ask you to unvote in case I'm off and it's gyp/dunn. I don't believe it is, and your vote is in the right place, but we need to have everything on the table before we go around voting.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1521 (isolation #140) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:51 am

Post by chkflip »

Thank you. Waiting for Dunn, then I'll claim, then we all need to come together on these reads so we can do this right. Which includes potential partners and looking back at vote counts.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1525 (isolation #141) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:36 am

Post by chkflip »

You keep tickling the idea with putting my name in your fucking posts but haven't even remotely pushed a Goddamn thing. Compounded by the fact that I'm the hardest pusher on Truth whereas you didn't vote there at all makes it pretty obvious you're full of shit. And if you really thought I was scum you'd absolutely popcorn to me.

You're dead to rights, kid.

Thanks for telling us who your partner is.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1548 (isolation #142) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1526, superbowl9 wrote:You're the most experienced one left (who's actually playing), it's not hard to figure out who's manipulating everyone. Want a cookie for bussing the worst mafia player to grace the site?

Also the fact that yall are saying who I popcorn is indicative of anything is laughable
Ah, the ol' burden of proficiency angle. That's never wrong.

Didn't you
just
use this "ThEy'Re MaNiPuLaTiNg EvErYoNe" angle with Nep? It's not gonna work with me either, jack, but keep on scumming it up I guess.

Sucks to suck.

What's laughable is your complete inability to grasp that typically, as town, one would focus more on those they scum read; therefore, your choice should've absolutely been me because you're more focused on me. Or you would be. If you were town.

Duuuuunnnnnn please come in here and claim so I can and we can lynch obv!scum bowl.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1553 (isolation #143) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:31 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 1550, Gypyx wrote:chkflip is also the L-1 vote on truth, which is quite a more common spot for scum to take I think? especially considering that the wagon on truth was a counterwagon to looker
VCA only works if you take into consideration what was happening at the time. Also, and I've said this too many fucking times to count, I'm the one that spotlit Truth D2 to begin with. My final vote is L1, sure, big deal, but I absolutely spearheaded that wagon regardless.

Try to actually read the game if you're going to try wave your big dick around again there bud.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1554 (isolation #144) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:44 am

Post by chkflip »

I'm not waiting two days for Dunn to pull his head out of his ass and post. I'm vanilla town.

Now let's kumbaya together and figure out some potential teams.

Me, Dunn, Gypyx, Superbowl. I'm not gonna jabber on and LAMIST here, I detest that shit, and I hate when people put themselves on top of their reads lists and all, so my three are obviously the ones left there.

Dunn/Superbowl

Gypyx/Superbowl

Dunn/Gypyx

Honestly, I stand by osuka/Nep/Titus(?) in their Gypyx town read. I get it. I see it. He's trying very diligently to figure this shit out and even if he's coming to an incorrect conclusion (like Titus) I tip my hat at the attempt. He's the only town-looking motherfucker in the bunch. So that kinda narrows it down, doesn't it?

Dunn/Superbowl

Look at their track records. Specifically Dunnstral. They're both bad but Dunnstral is IMO significantly worse. Those two have my votes for scum without a doubt.

Walt, talk to me. What do you think? And I mean critically because if we miss here it's a G-fuckin-G scum and I'm really not trying to see that shit.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1559 (isolation #145) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:32 am

Post by chkflip »

It's just me being a little too much of an aggressive asshole. I shouldn't have said that, my bad.
In post 1555, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:I agree, it has to be that team. Gyp reads towny and dunn just coming in with ahammer and lurking has not helped
Which one is better to elim now?
Well, which one do you think is scummier? The worthless lurksack with the terrible voting pattern or the loud obv!scum with the terrible voting pattern? I've been on bowls ass all day today but I think either generates the same result.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1561 (isolation #146) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:37 am

Post by chkflip »

Agreed. One thing I will say, though, is that a solid replacement into the Dunn slot that "towns it up" could really pork our stew in the end but I'm down for bowl. Ready to vote whenever everybody else is. I think Gypyx is still looking through the precious phases and VCs so I'm willing to wait if they want to finish that before they're comfortable.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1562 (isolation #147) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:38 am

Post by chkflip »

"precious phases" lmao, previous phases* is what I meant there.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1564 (isolation #148) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:45 am

Post by chkflip »

I feel obligated to point out that asking someone to replace out is against site rules. Not sure if you know that or not.

VOTE: superbowl9

Hammer away, Walt.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1566 (isolation #149) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:49 am

Post by chkflip »

That's what I figured given your join date. My old IC (Inexperience-Challenged, a sort of assistant role in older newbie games) brain kicked in for a second there. I'm sure anybody looking at this knew you didn't mean anything by it, it wasn't in a malicious way etc etc, I was just giving you a heads up. Would hate to see you warned/banned for goofy shit you didn't know you were doing wrong.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1579 (isolation #150) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:14 am

Post by chkflip »

So, do I have to make a big to-do about why Dunnstral is the final scum, or...?

(I will, just not rn. Headache.)
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1581 (isolation #151) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:56 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 597, Not Known 15 wrote:
Vote Count 1.ENDbugspray(7) Dunnstral, Truth, Looker, Gypyx,
WaltertheDunce10
, superbowl9, chkflip,

Not Voting(4)
LicketyQuickety
,0verki11,
Psyche,
osuka,

Psyche
(1)redtea,

Truth(1)bugspray,

Gypyx(0)

osuka(0)

WaltertheDunce10
(0)

LicketyQuickety
(0)

superbowl9(0)

Dunnstral(0)

Looker(0)

chkflip
Nash
(0)

redtea(0)

0verki11(0)

No Execute (0)

With 13 alive it is 7 to execute, and 7 to No Execute.

Day 1 ends.

bugspray
has been executed. They were:
Spoiler:
Town Ninja RoleblockerYou are a Town Ninja Roleblocker.

Your actions are not visible to Tracker-like and Watcher-like roles

Each night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player's active abilities will be blocked that night.

Night 1 begins. Lickety Quickety is being replaced.
Night 1 will end in (expired on 2020-07-30 03:30:00) if a replacement for Lickety Quickety is found within 24 hours.
In post 1074, Not Known 15 wrote:
Vote Count 2.6
Truth(6)
WaltertheDunce10
, Nepenthes,
the worst
, Titus, chkflip, Looker

Looker(3)superbowl9,osuka,Gypyx,

Not Voting(1)Dunnstral,

osuka(1)Truth,

Titus
0verki11
(0)

Dunnstral(0)

chkflip
Nash
(0)

WaltertheDunce10
(0)

Gypyx(0)

the worst
LicketyQuickety
(0)

superbowl9(0)

Nepenthes
redtea
(0)

No Execute (0)

With 11 alive it is 6 to execute, and 6 to No Execute.

Day 2 ends.

Truth
was executed Day 2. They were:
Spoiler:

[REDACTED]

Each night, if no other member of your faction is performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.

You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Night 2 begins and ends in (expired on 2020-08-07 03:34:00)
In post 1339, Not Known 15 wrote:
Vote Count 3.4
Looker(5) osuka, superbowl9, Titus,
WaltertheDunce10,
Dunnstral,

osuka(4)Looker,Nepenthes,Gypyx,chkflip,

Not Voting(0)

Gypyx(0)

superbowl9(0)

Titus
0verki11
(0)

Dunnstral(0)

chkflip
Nash
(0)

WaltertheDunce10
(0)

Nepenthes
redtea
(0)

No Execute (0)

With 9 alive it is 5 to execute, and 5 to No Execute.

Day 3 ends.

Looker
was executed Day 3. They were:
Spoiler:

Night 3 begins and ends in (expired on 2020-08-15 19:00:00).
In post 1502, Not Known 15 wrote:
Vote Count 4.3
osuka(4) chkflip, Nepenthes, superbowl9,
WaltertheDunce10,

superbowl9(2)Gypyx,osuka,

Not Voting(1)Dunnstral,

Dunnstral(0)

Gypyx(0)

chkflip
Nash
(0)

WaltertheDunce10
(0)

Nepenthes
redtea
(0)

No Execute (0)

With 7 alive it is 4 to execute, and 4 to No Execute.

Day 4 ends .

Osuka
was executed Day 4. They were:
Spoiler:

Night 4 begins and ends in (expired on 2020-08-24 18:20:00).
In post 1572, Not Known 15 wrote:
Vote Count 5.1Not Voting(2)Dunnstral,superbowl9,

superbowl9(3) Gypyx, chkflip,
WaltertheDunce10,

Dunnstral(0)

Gypyx(0)

chkflip
Nash
(0)

WaltertheDunce10
(0)

No Execute (0)

With 5 alive it is 3 to execute, and 3 to No Execute.

Day 5 ends.

Superbowl
has been executed Day 5. They were:
Spoiler:

[REDACTED]

Night 5 begins and ends in (expired on 2020-08-28 19:33:11).
- Spearheads the bugspray wagon D1
- Isn't voting when either scum are lynched
- lolhammers Looker

Still waiting for this headache to go away, but I'll bring up some posts where he tries to sway away from the Truth wagon and IIRC there is very little in his ISO about superbowl, like, at all. But I'll get on that shortly.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1582 (isolation #152) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:54 am

Post by chkflip »

Specifically, if you look at the EoD1 VC, you'll note that Truth followed Dunnstral onto the wagon as well. That's a fairly common newb!scum tell. I'm getting a little busy over here (I've got DM duties for DnD tonight) but I'd like to see what Dunnstral has to say for himself. I'm not expecting much but from the VCs and the overall feel from you, Gypyx, I don't see myself voting any other way. I'd still like to see him at least make an attempt at chiming in though.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1583 (isolation #153) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:00 am

Post by chkflip »

I won't bother quoting the Truth stuff, it's pretty cut and dry with Dunnstral just either saying he isn't scum or coming up with other reasons for the "play style" as it were. These are particularly alarming to me, though:
In post 899, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 824, superbowl9 wrote:On dunnstral - I said I would stuff him in town and re-evaluate D2, and he's continued to come off very towny to me since then. I find myself nodding my head at each of his posts (i understand that statement is extemely memeable), as they are accurate, help move the gamestate forwards, and just make sense from a town mindset.
Why post this?
In post 1345, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1343, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Why am I alive?
In post 1344, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Osuka dunn superbowl has a scum among them.

bingo
Then follow up later with this?

I don't get it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1584 (isolation #154) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:00 am

Post by chkflip »

That's all I have time for. I'll be back in about a day or so.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1589 (isolation #155) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:58 am

Post by chkflip »

Talk to me before you do that. Where's your head at? What're you thinking?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1596 (isolation #156) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1590, Gypyx wrote:Well, i've taken a look at every ISO, and i can't really find anything solid pointing towards you being scum, apart from your interaction with bowl / your tone but pretty sure that's just how you play
Which part? Me being condescending/an asshole? Yeah I was like that several times this game (the worst/Nep). Aside from that I'm unsure what you mean here.
In post 1590, Gypyx wrote:Meanwhile yeah, you got some good points on dunn, i also have other suspicious stuff, and him being dead silent isn't helping him, so i think he's scum yeah
The thing the strikes me the weirdest is that Walter was correct about there being a scum in that pile. The interaction I quoted with Dunn and superbowl still sits strangely with me but I
guess
his explanation makes sense? Idk.

His complete lack of effort here is mind boggling tbh.

Why kill Nep? I could think of several reasons, the same reasons you'd kill Titus before Walter too. Experience. Actually making an effort to solve. What kind of question is that?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1600 (isolation #157) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by chkflip »

Still waiting for a defense from Dunnstral.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1603 (isolation #158) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by chkflip »

Okay cool.

VOTE: Dunnstral

Wasn't trying to be a dick but I didn't want the misspelling to be my demise.

Good game, guys. You were all amazing.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1616 (isolation #159) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:04 am

Post by chkflip »

If y'all didn't let me elim osuka the endgame would've been different!

GGs tho town A LOT of you were solid. Kept me on my toesies!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1619 (isolation #160) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by chkflip »

Yeah, our original plan was to shoot Nep and then you, Titus, but as soon as you said Looker flip would help you solve I nope'd the fuck out of that plan. I'm actually getting better at reading you so I wouldn't say my not pushing you is particularly indicative but we'll see.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1621 (isolation #161) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

Ah, yeah. Fair. I'll fix that. Thanks!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1623 (isolation #162) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by chkflip »

It was very town sided.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1633 (isolation #163) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1625, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 1623, chkflip wrote:It was very town sided.
Was it? Why do you think it was?
Five town PRs versus the knowledge that they didn't have things we couldn't particularly claim late game (claiming a protective role outside of lylo would've spelled death by elimination later) or in one instance at all (claiming watcher with a ninja roleblocker would've surely spelled death as well) made the game particularly tough. I had to outplay a very good set of town players with well placed kills. That's the game in general, sure, but three ICs out of the gate made the early game particularly sweat inducing. I don't think there are many who, as scum, could've pulled out of this one against a town as strong as this one given even a single ill-timed death.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1635 (isolation #164) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:12 am

Post by chkflip »

Dunnstral for sure was off his game, unsure what happened there. But I was speaking more to what strengths each team had mechanically, not the sum of their parts player wise.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”