Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 12, Gypyx wrote:Isn't the N1 vig claim a meme claim? It doesn't really look serious to me tbh
Does it matter?
In post 15, Hoopla wrote:a meme claim, you say?

i don't know how i feel about someone treating the early game with such disrespect.
Me neither.
In post 21, Gypyx wrote:
In post 10, notscience wrote:Hoopla did you used to be tails

Idk why I keep thinking of tails when I read your name

Also I don’t think I remember you being quite this over the top verbose

also curious about why claim n1 vig instead of crumb it
So, what does Hoopla's "change" in behaviour means to you, is it towny / scummy / NAI?
???????????????????????????????????
In post 26, Gypyx wrote:
In post 23, notscience wrote:Nai because I’ve only played with them once if I’m remembering correctly and I don’t even remember the exact game let alone what hooplas alignment was

The style of posting is just something I think I would remember, you know? Like pirate mollie i automatically associate a certain text style with her and same for kkb, who both have weird posting styles

This is a really long winded way to say idk but I don’t think it has anything to do with alignment in this instance- maybe more excitement for this game?
I see, yeah that's fair, then i'm pretty sure that these posts make me lean towards thinking hoop is here to have a fun game, maybe take a little bit of time before getting serious
why does this matter?????????????
In post 27, notscience wrote:Does anyone with more experience know hooplas alignment preference?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????
In post 37, Espeonage wrote:Currently I have cooldog and notsci as potential scum for going in to night prep immediately. Seems like a scum thing to focus on right now no?

Vote: Cooldog
don't shoot cooldog, please
In post 45, Emperor flippyNips wrote:rvs doesn't mean posting, its a random vote & i will not be making one of those today
what an annoying "cool guy" entrance
In post 53, Emperor flippyNips wrote:are you a alt Gypyx or are you new to these parts?
bet alt
In post 60, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 59, Hoopla wrote:hmm, thinking

VOTE: Emperor flippyNips

i felt this coming, I didn't know from where but i knew it was soon
all of this dialogue is so weird - from everyone
In post 70, AGar wrote:
In post 37, Espeonage wrote:Currently I have cooldog and notsci as potential scum for going in to night prep immediately. Seems like a scum thing to focus on right now no?

Vote: Cooldog
Hi Scum.

VOTE: Espeonage

<3
Would love an explanation here, unless it's just a joke
In post 76, notscience wrote:Do you plan to follow up on your questions turkey?
If he doesn't?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Hiraki »

VOTE: Notscience
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:13 pm

Post by Hiraki »

agar scummy
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:09 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 132, brassherald wrote:
In post 131, Gypyx wrote:
@brassherald : you counted Hikari twice
Corrected the issue.
you did not
need
to correct it
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 143, Gypyx wrote:and I don't think Hikari's questions call for an answer, unless Hikari tells me otherwise of course, in which case i'll answer
they absolutely do

didn't know that you could take a test and refuse to answer the questions and still get 100

wouldn't it just be helpful to answer the questions regardless?

such a weird answer
In post 143, Gypyx wrote:-questions don't really count as thoughts in my opinion, as questions are non-commital and don't really show much about how you're thinking
yikes

If there's a vig, can you shoot this slot?
In post 180, renaissance wrote:Not a fan of Hiraki's mass confusion in . I don't get why he's so befuddled at the Hoopla-related matters.
1) it's not confusion
2) you're not a fan of someone being
confused?

confusion is a scumtell now?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 195, Gypyx wrote:- well, science says Hoopla has changed her behaviour compared to his memories, I ask him what does he think it means, what is confusing you about that?
why does this matter to you?

the traitor stuff is really dumb and just proves the Gypyx is probably a newbie after all who read the wiki to make himself smarter
In post 209, Hoopla wrote:early days, but hiraki is one who fits the blue-print of classic behaviour i look for on D1; lurky/below-radar, surface level engagement.
it's literally day 2 of the game, what engagement have i been avoiding? my ego is on page 4, sorry i don't shit the thread every 20 minutes???

do you agree with renaissance too that i was A) confused and B) that confusion is scummy? that post was garbage so i am concerned if you actually agree with it or if you're just pulling all of this out of your ass
In post 214, PranaDevil wrote:So that being said, my biggest suspicion currently goes to CooLDoG
bad
In post 214, PranaDevil wrote:At the same time, Una missed half of it entirely (basically skimming the thread and not seeing the blatantly obvious response that a literally half blind person caught), there's talk of a N1 vig via meme stuff, which CooLDoG has taken to mean there is a fake claim and it needs lynching day 2... not day 1.
what does this mean?

town blocs are still stupid and the only person you should trust is yourself
In post 223, AGar wrote:I strongly disagree with this, but I would love to hear why. Because I find it completely devoid of town motivation to speculate about.
agreed but i think we're just going to get a walkback
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 228, gobbledygook wrote:@Hiraki in case you missed this
sorry i did, i really liked his thought process in that one long post. too early to say super duper town but i dont think ill be voting him today. i do not understand the votes on him.
In post 230, AGar wrote:Based on Newbie 1993 and Newbie 2001 (both completed), Gypyx is new to MS, but not new to mafia. He displayed some solid grasp in both games as to what he was doing. Even in this game, he's spoken with a fairly confident opinion on meta. A wrong one (meta's trash yo), but a confident one. So knowledge of a traitor isn't a stretch to say it's out there.
this is fair, thanks for bringing this up. will need to read.
In post 234, Hoopla wrote:
In post 233, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 185, renaissance wrote: I'm just gonna park here with some townreads for now.
Let me town hunt so that the scum knows the strongest town reads are to kill during the night so town has less info to go off of... Also, let me just put a vote here with little to no explanation.
In post 233, CooLDoG wrote:Hoopla's post is part of the reason I am voteing her. Over confident town reads d1. Not doing much scum hunting. Also doesn't do much actual analysis of hikari or reasons for vote in next post. Just does a quick slip in there.
~~

it appears you have some hang-ups about the concept of townhunting as a strategy. could this playstyle difference be the explanation for your suspicion of me and renaissance? food for thought.
weird post
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by Hiraki »

i was referring to his first post with that but i TR most of his posts TBH - nothing specific but no specific pings either
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 238, notscience wrote:i Kinda agree with hiraki that it’s a weird post because it’s making assumptions about Renaissance’s play style which I don’t think are merited to try and discredit a read on him.

Like no doubt there are playstyle crashes in this game and multiple people with set in stone ways they want to play, and there will have to be some compromise (for lack of a better term) wrt play styles.

Like I agree with what she’s saying but not how she’s saying it.
it's also weird in context - might be some self-bias here but i got that weird knock off for the "under the radar" comment but CooLDoG is basically doing the same sort of deal - if there's a difference from when that post was made, please let me know because me and CooLDoG were structuring our posts in completely similar ways. this is hoopla's first mention of CooLDoG and it's a...deflection-y sort of post? not really feeling great about it

even moreso at the same time, i dont see the reason to talk about it either. there's no scumread implication, just shade being thrown that is easily ignorable by saying "hey we have a playstyle difference get over it" rather than "hey, you're wrong because there's a playstyle difference" - the difference between those two interpretations is that the first doesn't care about the read implications and is just explaining the situation. the second implies that there is a read being cast there based off of that stuff. meanwhile, if we look at CooLDoG's post -
In post 233, CooLDoG wrote:Hoopla's post 217 is part of the reason I am voteing her. Over confident town reads d1. Not doing much scum hunting. Also doesn't do much actual analysis of hikari or reasons for vote in next post. Just does a quick slip in there.
CooLDoG is clearly voting Hoopla (and by extension not reading renaissance very well) due to a lack of explanation not, as Hoopla's post almost sideswipes it to be, due to the difference in playstyle. you would think that the appropriate response would be what Hoopla said and then something about her reads but this just seems like a real abstract way of deflecting CooLDoG's read without addressing all of his concerns

it just reeks of very
weird
and even weirder everytime i think about it

Unvote, Vote: Hoopla

not sure about notscience but i do not think i want to lynch there anymore after the last few pages

reminder to self in the morning to look at gypyx's games in the morning
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:01 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 249, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 227, Hiraki wrote:the traitor stuff is really dumb and just proves the Gypyx is probably a newbie after all who read the wiki to make himself smarter
Exactly the opposite IMO! :]

Had he read about traitors, he wouldn't just ask "how common they are". He would know the roles normal guidelines and that's all that matters.
I don't get how that goes against what I'm saying - disregarding his now shown experience.
In post 250, Gypyx wrote:Ok, question, I see that no one has actually made any coments on the content of my read, apart from Flippy saying "yo that would be a sick traitor strat" so could anyone think about the read on it's own?
no
In post 251, Gypyx wrote:- Well, i'm trying to figure out peoples alignement, that's kinda how the game works
Correct - but to figure out X's alignment you have to ask Y (someone who you
don't
know) about their opinions on X (which they
could
be allied with). Am I incorrect?
In post 252, PranaDevil wrote:It means you missed half the thread where CooLDoG got so hung up on the N1 Vig meme claim that he was pushing for it to be lynched day 2... I advise reading it.
No, I just ignored it. CooLDoG had an opinion on a claim that I disagreed with but I didn't think he was scummy for it.
In post 252, PranaDevil wrote:The fact in later posts you've been town reading CooLDoG despite him literally trying to set up a day 2 lynch already is suspicious to me.
?????
In post 256, renaissance wrote:@Hiraki: What confused you about those Hoopla questions and do you think they were a cause for concern? Reason I don't like it is because you might be making an unnecessary show of it.
I already explained this. If it is an unnecessary show, then you would have said why it was an unnecessary show, no? And why does my show become unnecessary and yours becomes necessary?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:15 am

Post by Hiraki »

everyone calling renaissance town might be the clear defining moment that these "town blocs" are absolute garbage - pass on whatever SR i have on hoopla -
renaissance is town?!?
the dude has been going along with the crowd with one-liners all game. how can you say that is definitively town??
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Hiraki »

CooLDoG we are going to run these scumboys into the GROUND
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Hiraki »

CD, you're right but i would rather not focus on that today and would rather something takes him out at night (if it exists or we come back to it another day) - i want to lynch scum, not traitors
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Hiraki »

I'm trying to sheep you?!?! Dude take a fucking walk lol - I said everything you said before you. Just because I didn't explain it doesn't mean I didn't call it out.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 365, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 336, Hiraki wrote:CooLDoG we are going to run these scumboys into the GROUND
vote hoopla dude.
In post 242, Hiraki wrote:Unvote, Vote: Hoopla
bonus

what post is that?
In post 325, CooLDoG wrote:I basically agree with 242.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Hiraki »

hoopla -

do you have any evidence to backup whatever this stupid "HAHA" system is? those numbers have no value unless there's something behind it. i didn't see anything after a quick search. not to mention, your model has a lot of assumptions that i don't know who would get behind, without further analysis (which is why I am skeptical of it in the first place, as neat as I think game theory in mafia is) - for example, your model goes into the fact that 39/50 games have "scum" as being under 23%. How is the 23% calculated? Could there potentially be a point where 2 scum are slightly above that threshold and one scum drags them down? Then I don't think 23% is a fair number, no? And if 23% goes up, I'm sure that 39/50 is not solid either. Which means that your underlying "towntelling" theory isn't very valid and doesn't make sense.

i did a little digging too - no one in this game has posted over 23% when taking a sum of the average and the average of all in the thread as of your data set was 30.615. that would mean that your circle conveniently misses the one person that everyone has put up weird looks for in your town block -
renaissance
. what is even
more
convenient is that the number you went with to highlight your data was 23 while renaissance has
posts.

lastly, if we get rid of the two outliers in this thread (i think this helps the dataset become more uniform but i understand the underlying problem here) - your average goes from that 30.615 above to 32.991 which gets rid of every player but Gypyx, gooble & CooLDoG

i don't think this really makes a lot of sense and i'm starting to just feel weird about the clearly soft defenses of renaissance here that don't consider anything that renaissance has posted
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Hiraki »

pretty sure my lynchpool today is in hoopla, flippynips, and renaissance. will change based on the VC
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 489, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 488, Hiraki wrote:pretty sure my lynchpool today is in hoopla, flippynips, and renaissance. will change based on the VC
why?
why what?
In post 493, gobbledygook wrote:Renaissance, Hoopla, CoolDog, Hiraki - what do you think of the fact that Una did:
...nothing to get notscience killed
...not vote anyone else on his shortlist after unvoting notscience
not getting what you're putting down here, i have una as a townie tbh
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Hiraki »

literally nothing happened in the last 5 pages
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:55 am

Post by Hiraki »

Unvote, Vote: Emperor flippyNips

need to read into the turkey stuff, didn't really like any of it on first read but didn't think it was scummy either
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Hiraki »

sure, a lot of people joined and rambled, sort of caught up and you went on tirade that i don't really agree with

i guess it's not
nothing
but it's not far from it
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Hiraki »

CooLDoGs is gonna start Tigers 2.0 you heard it here first
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Hiraki »

0% shot i am on turkey
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (isolation #24) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:45 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 723, notscience wrote:Want to cournerwagon Gypyx with me?
i would rather the vig shot / hope he just dies
In post 725, notscience wrote:Why don’t you go ahead and help get this wagon rolling nippyflips?
this also doesn't help
In post 734, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 731, gobbledygook wrote:If Agar was right and Gypyx is scum, I’m going to have egg all over my face
oi, I was the first one to say Gypyx is scum, I want the credit. :lol:
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
In post 738, Battle Mage wrote:I'm assuming:

Emperor Flippynips
Unabombah
Gobbledygook
Hoopla
Klick

are all town.

easy game so far.
yikes
In post 749, Battle Mage wrote:I don't want to rolefish but I am incredibly curious about why 3 people have replaced out of Klick's slot on Day 1 (so far). It must be a fricking horrible role. Vanilla Miller? Unlynchable Jester? Scum with me? :giggle:
yikes
In post 783, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 757, Hoopla wrote:i have a prana/unabombah scumteam, by the way.
You should be above this.. :facepalm:

So Hoopla, are you just scum here after all?
I vaguely remember the game we were scum together, and I thought you were able to fake rational reads back then.
I actually thought it would've been nice to be town together in another game because I really thought you'd actually make accurate reads as town. :]

Why have you paired me and prana?
And furthermore - what makes you so sure that gobbledy is town? :?
this post is making me regret passing you off as town
In post 797, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 793, Hoopla wrote:i do get behavioural reads on D1, but they are more intuitive and based on how players interact with/perceive me, since that is the only alignment i currently know.
This makes sense to me, and reflects very much how I used to play D1s and 2s.
The thing here, is that it's misguided as hell to assume "I am town, therefore everyone should always know I'm town, or they are scum".
AND I'M NOT SAYING YOU DO ( :lol: )
, but that is often the problem.
People tend to get caught in the emotional side when no one trusts them or understands them.
And we can rarely see the flaws in ourselves - something we do or say might seem scummy to someone else but the fault is always in them.
Like how Gobbledy already said.
In post 705, gobbledygook wrote:See ya nerds. This is probably a town loss with how bad the town is
= Salty/arrogant/selfcentered or whatever. I hate that post, and I've seen it from many players on this site.
The rest of us are all bad, because "we can't see how clearly he is town and everyone he votes is scum" - or something to that extent.
How about sometimes, if the majority is against you, the flaw might be in..you? :giggle:

And while this could be interpreted in many ways, it's always just AtE and venting.
He could be scum faking it, or trying to vent his frustration.
But it does NOTHING to help town.
It's a team game.
If you get wagoned and lynched D1, no matter your alignment, use all the ammo you have left in favor of your surviving teammates.
And thus, I'm not moving my vote from Gobbledy, and consider their reactions on being wagoned very scummy indeed.
Ugh.
why are you coaching someone you just thought was possibly scum in the last post?

always happy with more flippy votes, no matter where they come from
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #876 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 861, Klick wrote:Hiraki: Meh. Getting mostly nothings from him. I find myself opposed to his stances and not really understanding where he's coming from. I'm hoping to see this change soon. I'd be fine with getting some pressure here.
hey, what wagon are you on? who is currently in the front there?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 855, Klick wrote:Curious. I fail to see the town motivation in being ardently anti-townbloc - it doesn't accomplish anything to take apart townreads. I can see several angles where it's useful for scum to discredit it though.
You fail to see the town motivation in having an opinion? Can understand why it might be a bit touchy talking about your predecessor!
In post 861, Klick wrote:I find myself opposed to his stances and not really understanding where he's coming from.
both points about me were that you didn't like that i distrust and dislike town blocs, something that is not super radical - ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
In post 861, Klick wrote:Battle Mage: Espe was towny. I reeeally liked 99. Battle Mage himself is... fine? Looking forward to developing this more.
????????????????????????? this is upper echelon so a town read??????????

also why is that everyone who is "lynchbait" is at the top of your list? scum =/= lynchbait?
In post 861, Klick wrote:The traitor stuff is legit, and he's trying to scumhunt and getting frustrated that it's not working.
disregarding the first part, why can't scum also be frustrated with "scumhunting" that isn't working? because he's new?

unvote, vote: hoopla

In post 870, Hoopla wrote:reareading this sequence of posts, there's only a 2 minute time-stamp between these two posts. is that enough time to read the last three pages to scan for votes then post again?
are you really doubting this?
In post 870, Hoopla wrote:he'd have to have posted, then gone back immediately and scanned the last three pages and counted his votes - that's if he knew exactly where the last mod VC was, and wasn't spending time looking for that. also, judging by the capitalisation of these two posts compared to his iso, it looks like he's phone posting (autocorrect often capitalises for you), and his other non-capitalised posts are desktop posts. if he's on his phone, that's generally harder to navigate and scan for votes on yourself than a desktop. well, at least for me, i find it harder navigating the game on a phone...
this took me less than 2 minutes
In post 874, Hoopla wrote:
In post 871, Emperor flippyNips wrote:I counted the most recent then ISO’d the mod then counted up to most recent again it wasn’t that hard
why did you claim before knowing how many votes you were sitting on?
really????
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Hiraki »

yeah, i need to think about that. i haven't been reading him very much because his posts are
stale
- i can do that right now though

p-edit: shrug
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Hiraki »

yeah im gonna need something to be convinced to go on prana - i remembered my "problem" with him and it's that he gives weird posts but they're not actually
weird
, that's just how he posts
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Hiraki »

also if u don't gunsmith me for a dayvig shot tomorrow, you are dead to me - just fyi
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 915, Klick wrote:I actually had no idea you were voting flippyNips because the last thing you said about his content was in your second post. You've talked plenty about your other two scumreads, but voted flippyNips without a single word about it.
In post 861, Klick wrote:He started posting content specifically in response to being called out for not posting content.
yeah beats me
In post 915, Klick wrote:It's a scummy opinion. You don't accomplish anything as town by being against it. Like, yay, Hoopla's town reads should be null reads and they shouldn't be cooperating...? Now what?
I don't get why everything has to be alignment based but the fact that you're pushing it as a scummy opinion rather than what it actually is - just an opinion - is not good
In post 920, AGar wrote:Re Klick, 915 in what fucking year did being anti-D1-townbloc become scummy? Fuck.
we back homie
In post 927, CooLDoG wrote:I thought you didn't think through situations on d1
hmm
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 915, Klick wrote:It's a scummy opinion. You don't accomplish anything as town by being against it. Like, yay, Hoopla's town reads should be null reads and they shouldn't be cooperating...? Now what?
i'd actually like to hone into why this is a terrible statement overall - a little theory based but it's what i am thinking

for an opinion to be scummy, there has to be
scum
intent. this is something easy to say but hard to "prove". something to note is that the reverse is also true with having a town opinion. with this in mind, i'd like to re-examine what klick is saying here

what on
earth
would put my alignment toward scum for saying that i disagree with hoopla's ways of playing the game? town blocs are absolutely not essential nor are they always trusted, especially by people who are in and not in them (which is how they survive) - so how does the fact that I am saying that the "leader" of a town bloc, who I also think will flip scum, should not be trusted????????????????????????? this is what i meant above by scummy for an opinion, not an alignment based opinion
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (isolation #32) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:22 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 942, Hoopla wrote:eh, hiraki goes okay, i guess. though i am starting to find his lack of curiosity about my alignment suspicious. seems like he picked a position on me early and is just sticking with it.

of course, cooldog is doing the same thing re: me. but black & white thinking appears to be the status quo for cooldog, so lack of curiosity doesn't seem as much of a tell for him.
i have tried, i just don't see it. in the middle there, i thought you were getting better but in hindsight i think it was just the less game-y text
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (isolation #33) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:22 am

Post by Hiraki »

i also still have not seen anything convincing on the gooble case
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:24 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 948, Klick wrote:Also, to quote your signature phrase: why does this matter???
That doesn't correlate with my signature at all??? The rest of that argument is a real stretch to say the very least and isn't worth commenting on.
In post 948, Klick wrote:Scum have no reason to get frustrated that they're getting ignored - getting ignored is generally good for scum. They don't need to be listened to, they just need to not be lynched. And if they're frustrated that they aren't being listened to, they're probably more frustrated with their scum play than their town play, and thus the game thread isn't their go-to place to vent that frustration.
This is just not true and is blind to all possibilities. Why couldn't he be mad that his case, which would not be on town, is not derailing a scum lynch? Isn't that a newbie tactic? Protecting too hard without actually mentioning a name?
In post 962, Klick wrote:That's just my opinion man, not sure why you don't like it
Because it seems more scum than town aligned.
In post 963, Klick wrote:I think you're using the anti-townbloc opinion to disrupt the town accomplishing things and push an agenda that is... not townreading people. Instead of putting effort towards something like getting people to vote with you on flippyNips, you're devoting a lot of energy into essentially nullifying the work of others. Again, what does this accomplish?
What work have I nullified? Yours and Hoopla's? What a coincidence? We've already agreed that flippy was a pressure vote so whooptedoo, that's why I'm not talking about him too much.
In post 969, bob3141 wrote:prana interesting that you would pick that out. Only after two other playesr but ignor my posts for you entirely

VOTE: Prana
Let's be clear - not only is Hoopla right about the above but you are voting with barely a few days left (not sure without seeing a VC) on a wagon that is not currently gaining momentum. This vote is
worthless

I will reassess my vote based on the next vote count since we only have 2 days left.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1055 (isolation #35) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Hiraki »

I don't like any of these wagons but I feel my vote best aligns with the interests of lynching gooble

Unvote, Vote: Goobledygook
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Hiraki »

CD hoopla isn't happening today, please try again
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1214 (isolation #37) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I actually agree that Hoopla is correct about the watcher stuff but I also don't think he's scum so I'm not really wanting to go there
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1254 (isolation #38) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Hiraki »

no he's not
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1255 (isolation #39) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Hiraki »

take the planet and a few hundred deep breaths
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1390 (isolation #40) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Hiraki »

Vote: Hoopla
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:26 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1419, notscience wrote:Let’s stop stressing the prs atm and start lynching scummage
my thoughts precisely - bob if you keep talking about PRs, i will literally just vote you and coast the entire day until you are dead
In post 1427, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1426, notscience wrote:I don’t think we can know who hypothetical prs targeted unless they claim.
we can make pretty logical deductions. Why are you fishing for more claims here??
this is 100% not fishing for claims but keep talking about your "logical deductions" and a claim might actually come. is that fishing?

Unvote, Vote: Klick
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (isolation #42) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Hiraki »

Vote: Prana
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1600 (isolation #43) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1558, Battle Mage wrote:and I should get to decide tomorrow's lynch.
Nope - that's not how this works.
In post 1561, Battle Mage wrote:you can't just change your mind in light of new evidence?
actually, that is exactly how that works. this statement is baffling
In post 1561, Battle Mage wrote:with me, it's a pretty quick process - I don't feel the need to progress gradually to avoid making any wrong moves, if you catch my drift.
the difference between me and you is that i
act
cocky and you
are
cocky
In post 1577, Battle Mage wrote:Please, notscience, do try and justify your scumhunting strategy, and tell me why somebody like Hiraki shouldn't even get a mention from ya?
notscience and I have not only talked multiple times but notscience has discussed his views on me (and how they waffle) multiple times
In post 1595, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1594, notscience wrote:I’m cursing at my autocorrect not you. Why are you being so obtuse?
I don't think domes are obtuse - wanna re-think your angle here? :lol:

Though jokes aside, I don't buy at all the 'claim' that you're corresponding with your auto-correct in this thread. :nerd:
i would ask why you're trying to agitate him but you've done this to me in other games so there's no point here. it's still annoying and childish
In post 1596, PranaDevil wrote:You announced, loudly in thread, that Agar was protected. That meant the entire role of mine was suddenly WIFOM that night.
I'm naive - where was this said?
In post 1596, PranaDevil wrote:I check Agar, and he doesn't die = "Of course you shouldn't have checked Agar scum would avoid him because I said he would be killed"
This is
not
taking into considerations all advantages of the situation.

First, if you believed that there would be a protective role on Agar, then you would effectively know who that person is and would be able to manipulate the game so that person could stay hidden and hopefully protect YOU next or even better start a
town bloc

Second, I don't see the problem in "wasting" a shot by going on what seems like the most common choice. Gambits are...gambits by nature.
In post 1596, PranaDevil wrote:I don't check Agar, and he dies = "Of course he would die, you should have checked him".

You covered yourself for both bases.
I really really really don't see how you think the first one leads to a wagon right now.
In post 1596, PranaDevil wrote:You should not be announcing, in fucking thread, what the PR should be doing, because it turns the whole thing into WIFOM. I took a gamble that scum would take out the one person who was confirmed town.
No - this is based off of what you think. I don't know if it's town thinking but it's dead thinking anyway.
In post 1596, PranaDevil wrote:That gave them three people. Me, Agar and Una. I had two choices, and yet a 33% chance to hit scum. It was worse than a coin flip.
I don't buy this at all.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1608 (isolation #44) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:08 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1604, UnaBombaH wrote:Why is BattleMage being rude and obnoxioud to people? :facepalm:
It's his MO and I forgot about it. I won't again.
In post 1605, PranaDevil wrote:Thus, the entire thing was turned into WIFOM, regardless of what the scum want you to believe.
really?
That's your basis for all of this? I'm done here.
In post 1605, PranaDevil wrote:You claiming I "believed Agar would be protected" is either ignorance or lying.
In post 1596, PranaDevil wrote:ou announced, loudly in thread, that Agar was protected. That meant the entire role of mine was suddenly WIFOM that night.
So you did
not
believe that he would be protected but still thought there was now WIFOM because someone said he would be protected but you did not believe that person anyway?
In post 1605, PranaDevil wrote:If I target Agar and get literally no information because they rightfully went elsewhere, then I can guarantee, right now, that I'd get jumped on by notscience regardless.
Maybe - but I don't think I'd be on.
In post 1605, PranaDevil wrote:As for the last bit... you don't believe maths? Like... you are literally saying that with 3 people they should be hitting, that gives a 33% chance to hit scum? You then don't believe that with me not being able to target myself that reduces the chances too?
The fact that you think I'm trying to dispute your math is really telling about what I might do next.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1609 (isolation #45) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:09 am

Post by Hiraki »

Notscience, you're here, play a game with me. Is what Prana is doing right now optimal scum strategy?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1611 (isolation #46) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:12 am

Post by Hiraki »

No - why doesn't he target Agar, then say that Hoopla is on Agar.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1613 (isolation #47) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:12 am

Post by Hiraki »

Target is clearly "target"
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1615 (isolation #48) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:16 am

Post by Hiraki »

No - this is a hypothetical.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1616 (isolation #49) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:18 am

Post by Hiraki »

I'm starting to believe that Prana is just VI and not scum because the scum motivations for this move are becoming ever increasingly small. At the same time, the town motivations for this move are also very small.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1621 (isolation #50) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Hiraki »

But see the later seems a little more advanced for a VI. He would also guarantee death for tomorrow or scum is now plotting to leave him alive, if we leave him alive. But if you think down that far, then you're also going into the territory that now Prana doesn't know how to effectively use his PR ability, is an easy opportunistic mislynch if he's not scum, and basically serves no usefulness for the town.

At the end, I think this is a necessary lynch before any LYLO shenanigans if he is town and a win if he is scum. I think I am settled again.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1634 (isolation #51) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:28 am

Post by Hiraki »

I'd like to switch CooLDoG and Bob tbh and switch notscience and BM's placement.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1665 (isolation #52) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I don't know if I agree 100% but it just affirms that Gypyx should not be touched with a 5 foot pole.

Here's a better question -

Gypyx - what is the "theme" you see with this game?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1681 (isolation #53) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:06 am

Post by Hiraki »

Guess we dropped the religious symbolism somewhere. Is Jesus still crying?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1689 (isolation #54) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Hiraki »

Watcher was not on confirmed PR. Confirmed PR is dead. Watcher claims that he thought confirmed PR was being protected but also that he did not believe that. Either way, still not on PR.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1691 (isolation #55) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Hiraki »

Agar confirmed Klick scum.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1693 (isolation #56) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Hiraki »

You said it, not me. I can quote it a thousand times and you can call it a lie a thousand times. Doesn't really matter to me.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1724 (isolation #57) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1696, Micc wrote:by blocking the N1 kill which caused Klick's scum flip D2 I assume?
Yep.
In post 1706, PranaDevil wrote:No. I stated, multiple times now, that I never believed there was ANOTHER protective role.
Okay buddy, let's do this dance again just to really push it in. You decided not to watch Agar because...?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1725 (isolation #58) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Hiraki »

^Actually don't - I don't want to anymore. Vote me if you really want, I can't quote it. Almost thought about doing it.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1739 (isolation #59) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:19 am

Post by Hiraki »

I am really starting to miss the Jesus wept stuff. Can we bring that back?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1828 (isolation #60) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Hiraki »

VT

i don't believe the traitor theory based on balancing and role setup
Hiraki
Hiraki