Mini 649-Everything comes down to money(Game Over)

Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Coron »

Confirm
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Coron »

Vote: riboflavin
for being third on the list.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by Coron »

Natirasha wrote:
Prodding Coron
Prodding Natirasha.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Coron »

Airhead wrote:Artem, you have failed to demonstrate in any reasonable way that my entrance is poor, and your post #52 is evidence of this. You say it is a poor reason in part because it happened "in the early stages of the game". You then say that my reason is bad because "it is freaking page two". You seem to be suspicious of me because I tried to analyze what I had in front of me even though the game was young. If I should not take things seriously until page five, please let me know, then I'll return then and we can actually start playing, instead of having criticisms of arguments being "it is still too early in the game for arguments to be valid".

You say my attack was bad because it was for something minor and on page two -- what else am I supposed to comment on on page two. I commented on what I saw as the strongest thing so far. It seems to me if I had posted "Hi. vote: sirdanalot" I would have attracted much less suspicion from you -- discouraging analysis in that manner is highly detrimental to town success.

You also say my reason would have been better if sirdanalot had been still not voting. That is completely wrong and irrelevant to me. My issue is that he unvoted in the first place without voting someone else. There is literally no reason or need to be not voting someone at this stage, and I find his actively deciding not to do so and instead using a FoS suspicious.

Light-kun, you do not understand where I am coming from at all when you say that my reason is "pathetic" because it is not "a few days until deadline". Precisely because this is the early game, we can afford to throw votes around and by doing so leave an easy to read record of our suspicions.

Despite many people saying that my thoughts were bad, no one has given ONE good reason why a townie should not have his vote on someone at this time in the game. Give me ONE good reason why it is
more or equally beneficial
to the town for a townie to not be voting anyone than to be voting someone. I believe you cannot. Is sirdanalot definitely scum? No. But his unvoting was less beneficial to the town than continuing to vote someone, and doing actions that are less beneficial to the town is anti-town, ergo suspicious.

Coron, do you have anything of substance to contribute.
Do you? Because this whole post seemed like something that could have been summarized in about 3 sentences so as to not waste all my time. You mind doing that in the future?

Here's a quick summary for those who didn't bother reading all that because it looked long:
SummaryOfAirhead wrote: It was page 2, so there was nothing better to go on, but it was better than just random voting. At early points in the game it helps town to have votes down. If you can think of any reason to not have a vote down early in the game please get back to me. TIA.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by Coron »

Airhead wrote:Coron, I do mind doing that in the future. Sometimes saying the same thing in a different way or different perspective is the best way to convince others, it lets them see things from their viewpoint. Summaries aren't going to convince anyone of anything.
Needlessly wordy posts are difficult for me to get through.
Airhead wrote:I think your post could be summarized as "Airhead summarize more please".
That summary is a lot less compressed and a lot more lossy than mine.
Airhead wrote:Really, is it true that at this point in the game, suggesting that I summarize more is the only content you have for us.
by page 3. Normally you'd have people who had only random voted still.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #92 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Coron »

riboflavin wrote:think coron is active lurking havent seen him post until he is proded or suspected as lurking
Posting because someone is suspecting me of lurking.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #123 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Coron »

As far as I can tell people have been saying "that Coron guy, he doesn't post much." It's not like I'm gonna come in here and say "Yeah I have, look at all these secret hidden posts that you didn't notice."

I've been having problems engaging in this game, I suspect it is because I have never played with any of you people, and airhead keeps posting these silly-long air-filled posts.

Um. so yeah, that's about all the response to the lurking claim I can give.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #131 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Coron »

lifeofpie wrote:How about an explanation, Coron?
Of what?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #137 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Coron »

I keep wanting to do a clean read of this game, but I'm always having other things to do, and the fact that I don't have any history with any of the players, which I do with at least some players in most every game I play, keeps making me stop. I know I haven't been doing very much for this game to this point.

Also, I don't know why you think I'm so OBVIOUSLY either a jester or trying to pretend to be a jester. Really that whole thought process is pretty dumb.

So basically, I've been around, reading some of the newer posts if they are fairly short, avoiding basically anything by airhead, no offense, but I really have been having problems getting up the will to read your posts, they look long and fluffy.

That's why I've been posting every time I've been prodded or suspected of lurking. I guess you could say I've been... well... lurking. I can't really argue with it because it's true.

I'll try to read the thread cleanly sometime tonight, but no promises, I might end up watching a movie or catalouging my previous games. I'm easily distracted by shiny things.

-Coron
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #138 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by Coron »

lifeofpie wrote:A jester is a good guess at what Coron is because it seems like he's encouraging people to lynch him.
When did you get this impression?
Netlava wrote:Coron, thoughts on the game? Are you admitting that you are indeed lurking on purpose?
define "on purpose" it's been explained.
riboflavin wrote:lol im so tempted to vote for airhead for jsut posting ridiculasly long post's when a simple paragraph or two would be sufficent, i get a sense of airhead over explaning in most of the post's

but is this something to be suspicous of i think it is, or atleast something noted..
It's not really suspicious, but damned if it ain't annoying.
sirdanilot wrote: Coron, could you please roleclaim? Thank you!
I could, but I'd rather not.
Artem wrote: If nobody objects, I will hammer him in 48 hours or so.
Yeah,
Vote: Artem
riboflavin wrote: and gratz to you 2 for so easily turning my fellow townies against me, although my newbyness doesnt help as i dont know a way to prove my innocence, only the fact that the post that started all of this was an honest noob post. i hope you guys can come to realise that im a townie and have been made to appear as a scum by Y.c and Sir D who were both so quick to make me appear as scum.
FoS
Light-kun wrote: I am really curious as to why you are lacking any reaction aside from mild cynicism.
Posting because I'm suspected of cynicism.

PS. We have prior work on scumdar, so I don't think your trademark will hold up in court.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #141 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Coron »

sirdanilot wrote: You're at l-1 and someone is threatening to hammer you, and you are not willing to roleclaim?

Someone please hammer Coron. There's absolutely no more reason not to now. He'd have claimed if he were even moderately valuable for the town.
I think you got it backwords. I would have tried to not claim if I were at least mildly valuable to the town. Since it looks like participating isn't going to be good enough, I guess I'll claim. I'm town's bodyguard.
sirdanilot wrote:Also Coron, you should be ashamed of your play in this game. Not knowing anybody in this game is an absolutely lame excuse. I do not know anybody in this game either, and neither do most other players. 'Being distracted by shiny things', come on, we all have that, but you should have the guts to get over it and play this game. And you are the player with the earliest join date of the game, while something like this would perhaps be expected of a newbie.
have I or have I not participated at some points? I've even started participating now. I put the "distracted by shiny things" in there because I know I'd gone and done other stuff several times after telling myself "I'm going to read this game tonight". Then it'd end up being like 2 AM and I'd just say I'm tired and go to sleep, even if I did remember I was supposed to be reading this game then.
sirdanilot wrote:That you can't get yourself to start something (ie. this game) wouldn't even be that bad if you would've just replaced out. Quite honestly I'm thinking of trying to avoid playing with you in the future (and I have seen annoying players, but never so annoying that I don't want to play with them ever again).
... simply because I lurked for a little while? I did start something, I am playing this game.
sirdanilot wrote:Also,
it's too late to replace out now
, at least in my opinion. You should've done it the moment you realized that you don't care about this game. I am not going to unvote you, even if you replace out.
When I start playing a game, I don't care about the game. The question is: how long will it take me to care about the game. In this case it took until page 6, which is longer than usual.
Y.C wrote:You are just not interested in the game.
my last post was me going through the posts and mentioning the things I saw. That indicates I'm not interested?
sirdanilot wrote:
Coron wrote:I'll try to read the thread cleanly sometime tonight, but no promises, I might end up watching a movie or catalouging my previous games. I'm easily distracted by shiny things.
Personally, I find this comment more than suspicious. It is down right insulting. You don't want to participate? You're "easily distracted by shiny things"?
Ask to be replaced. You are bringing the game to a halt and if nothing else, annoying the hell out of me.
I would expect more dedication to an on-going game of someone who has been here for so long as you have, even with "players with which you don't have a history".
I DID participate, I AM easily distracted by shiny things! Why should I ask to be replaced? I'm participating now. I don't really see why my previous two posts frustrate everyone so much. Just because I'm not airhead and don't post a 5 page essay every time I want to post doesn't mean that I'm not participating. I like to keep it short and sweet.
sirdanilot wrote:Your last post, filled with snarky one-liners, does not count as content.
I'm sorry, I'll go ahead and post nice long things that I could say in one line. Wait. No I won't. Sorry, but you just failed.

Just to make it clear: either get replaced, or start playing.[/quote]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #142 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Coron »

Strike out the last line on there, sorry, forgot to delete.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #144 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Coron »

Artem wrote:Coron, is there a reason you find the person proposing to hammer you more scummy than the players supporting the proposition?

Other than, you know, OMGUS reasons.
Unvote

Good post. Actually being productive instead of saying "oh you suck".

But to explain why that post is scummy: appeal to the will of the town. I'd expect a town person to be far more likely to say "I'll vote within 24 hours if nothing changes *my* mind" while scum will act like they're just doing the will of the people.

I hope that explains it.

Vote: Ribo
His early posts could be just explained by newbieness, but he's more likely newb scum for them.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #147 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Coron »

riboflavin wrote: however why did u unvote and vote me coron when u allready had your vote on me?
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bodyguard

The meaning in this case is #2, which is the only way I've ever seen it.

I didn't, if you look, my vote was on Artem before that post.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #149 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Coron »

sirdanilot wrote:
I'm town's bodyguard.
Wait, I really think I'm suffering from some serious eye disease here, as the bodyguard isn't on the list.
Townie
Cop
Doc
Roleblocker
Watcher
Tracker
Poisoner
Reviver Cult
Serial Killer
Lovers
Masons
Vig
Dayvig
Bomb
Jester
Lyncher
Lynchee
Survivor
Bulletproof
Mayor
Godfather
Miller
Goon
NK-Immune Miller Vig
Informant
Explanation?
Um... I probably ought to have checked my role pm before claiming. :roll:

As it turns out I'm actually a bulletproof townie.

So, yeah, basically I would not blame anyone for lynching me at this point for my exceptionally poor play this game, misclaim and a huge revision like that, but I would rather you didn't.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #206 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Coron »

Go Netlava!
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #207 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Coron »

Also, where was Weak Doc on the list on the front page?

You know, just wondering.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”