Mini 649-Everything comes down to money(Game Over)

Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Light-kun »

/confirm
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Vote: Coron

This will be the last time a Pro L individual posts before me.

*Maniacal laugh*
Okay, I'll stop now.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by Light-kun »

XDDD
Is this serious, or not. Either way, it is funny.

Hmm...
the August fourth makes more sense, and at least we will actually have a fair chance now that scum can't infinitely talk. *XDD, silly mod's calender, being all kinds of wrong and sich. <--- ON PURPOSE!!*

All righty then, off the arbitrary reasons:

Unvote; Vote:Artem

He is new, and actually cared to mention the long night deadline first. I am thinking he is scum, because I just kinda glazed through everything, and if I were experienced scum, I would be like, "sweet" and say nothing. If I were an amateur, I would probably do something similar.

So, why so curious about the date set Artem?
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Light-kun »

Artem wrote:
Netlava wrote:Artem, why did you feel the need to change your vote, eh? Missed your scumbuddy?
Because Y.C.'s post wasn't there when I clicked "Post reply" and appeared before I hit "Submit" on my own post. Mind reading and preemptive posting to make it appear as if I'm bandwagoning Light-Kun is an obvious scum tactic. :D
Light-Kun wrote: He is new, and actually cared to mention the long night deadline first. I am thinking he is scum, because I just kinda glazed through everything, and if I were experienced scum, I would be like, "sweet" and say nothing. If I were an amateur, I would probably do something similar.

So, why so curious about the date set Artem?
Because as mentioned, this is my first game outside of the newbie thread, so of course I'm reading all the rules carefully. (Heck, I even had to look up what some of the roles mean). Having nighttalk allowed until Aug 20th didn't seem fair.
Cool, just using you to get conversation started. And wow did that work. First, I like your response so
Unvote

Second, I have to go eat and checked in to see response. I will be back in the next 4 hours to write something more interesting.

Nati-Note: Fixing Tags
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Light-kun »

Woops, code disabled...
Unvote
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Light-kun »

Okay, back, and thus far:
Y.C wrote:@riboflavin: you should explain your vote, rather than just vote for him.
In fact, why
were
you so quick to place a third vote for him?
When it only takes 5 to vote, this is very significant, especially so early, since it can be later overlooked when looking for the people responsible for a lynch.

Unvote Light-kun
FOS riboflavin

@Light-kun: you also placed a third vote. The reason given strikes me as odd. Do you think it is fair play on the part of scum to use a mod's mistake in his favour?
YC, I placed a third vote off an iffy scumtell to move forward conversation and, the main point, to see his reaction. His reaction seems logical enough, and hence my unvote. So, my third vote has some point to it. (And personally, L-2 doesn't scare me too much this early because only an amateur scum would go for a quick lynch. And, if I were scum, I would have to be an absolute novice to pursue Artem with second rate (at best) "tells.")

Now, Sirdinalot:
sirdanilot wrote:
riboflavin wrote:
unvote VOTE: light- kun
for tryin to act as though he isnt scum, why else would he mention that explanation?
There is so much wrong with this post.

There is no 'too scummy' or 'too towny'. To be honest, this really screams a newbie scum defending their partner. 'Nuff said.

FoS Riboflavin

Now, on to Artem. Riboflavin's buddy? Perhaps. Anyhow, I am rather surprised that Light-kun bases his Artem vote off an iffy scumtell at best (probably even WIFOM), while there are better tells around. His nervous changing of his vote in the random voting fase is very iffy. My random voting stage vote was, because of that, not even completely random. I am suspecting Artem, but awaiting his defense I will unvote for now.

unvote Artem, FoS Artem
Nah, not nervous change of vote, but a question: What better scum tell is there at that point of arbitrary voting? ANd if you mean since then, care to point one out?

Don't get me wrong, I can see your point with the Riboflavin FoS, and the mild FoS on Artem, (albeit, less deserved and almost dependent on Ribo's scumminess), but still, I don't see a better scum tell till after the fact. (I am sure that is what you meant... but I may be mistaken.)

Hm, okay, I am going to wait on a post from Ribo before anything, and Artem I already covered in my last post, so I should be good for now.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Light-kun »

More notably, the deadline is August 21st (I believe) so your reasoning is pathetic, Airhead, until it is a few days (2, maybe 3) until dead line. As for Artem, I am loving the amateur at the moment. Hm... what else...

Nothing to say on Sirdinalot.

Nothing to say about Y.C.

Speaking of whom, anyone want to tell me what happened to make him get a few votes? Or is it just carry over from the Joke phase.

Also, Riboflavin, you're not quite off the hook, but nothing really to say there. Just noting for future reference. That is all for now. (My opinions haven't changed much.)
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Light-kun »

While it is unlikely happen, Life of Pie, it is important for EVERYONE to remember that no one approaches every aspect of the game quite the same way. Some people, apparently, think that not having a vote on somebody makes you scum. I am curious as to how anyone can be held to this standard, when I don't feel obligated to put my vote on anyone unless I think they are scum. Also, I think that a FoS is just fine.

Hence:
Unvote

In any case, I think Coron is starting to Active lurk. *Glares*

Minor FoS Coron.

I really hope LifeofPie isn't mafia.... Seriously, Pie is both delicious and awesome.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Strange. I posted something very weak to get discussion rolling, but you chose to ignore it almost entirely. SO, I am actually wondering why you found SirD's post scummy, and why you chose to ignore other discussion.

On the other hand, Artem is laying it on a little thick for my taste.

Hm... I need to look for lurkers because all I see is a lot of Airhead Artem banter...

I will hopefully have more time to post tomorrow.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Light-kun »

I don't like any of this conversation. And since that is probably the 3rd vote on YC, is anyone gonna state any kind of case on him?

To be sure, no one's actions are screaming out to me as scummy. I am going to go look back at YC, cause I had to have missed something.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Y.C wrote:
Airhead wrote:I've basically told
a group of mostly (teenage/20s) males on the internet
that they can't do something because it is bad. The natural reaction, obviously, is to ignore me and do it anyway. See posts 58, 65, etc.

Airhead, by introducing an issue irrelevant to any logical considerations, intended to either vent or steer away from the subject of discussion, you are making an "appeal to emotion". This is a major scum-tell, at least as I see it.
No, Netlava, the above does make decent sense. In fact, this in no way makes me think YC is scum. More important to me is the following little debate. [This is after reviewing YC's play, which has done nothing to set off my scum-dar (trademark!)]
Y.C wrote:My comment to Airhead was about manner of delivery and not content, less due to a feeling that she is scum, more since I see this kind of stereotyping, even if not said completely seriously, as bad practice in what is ideally a logical debate.
I allowed myself to assume that she is relatively new to mafia, this being her first game here, and maybe she is unaware of how it may appear to others. It grated my ear, so to speak, so I addressed it.
Airhead wrote:Netlava, your point about scum overdefending random votes is fair enough. My vote truly was not random, but I see your point.

Artem's reaction seems more genuine... Y.C. bringing it up as suspicion against me after many others have, and is now backing down from it because he thought I might be inexperienced. Seems odd to me; why be suspicious of me at all if you are willing to ascribe your suspicion of me to being wrong and just me being inexperienced at the slightest of protests.

Netlava, I agree that my voting policy is a good idea. As I said in the 4th paragraph of post 69, so long as we aren't at lynch or lose and no one is at lynch-2, there is no reason not to vote the player you find most suspicious out of everyone.
Honestly, this argument just gives me a higher feeling that Airhead is mafia, and not the other way around. (They could, of course, both be town, or even YC as mafia, but I am presenting the feeling I get.) She is pursuing YC over Artem, and her reasoning is weak. I personally read this thinking that she is going after YC because other people voted for him, so he is an easier target. This is a very biased argument, and assume Airhead is mafia, but it was necessary in order to relate my thought.

Now, in spite of all the above, I personally find this post to be the most scummy thus far:
riboflavin wrote:i still have my suspicions on who is scum and they are: Y.C and Sir D. good luck after you lynch me hope u finally realise who Actually is scum.

and gratz to you 2 for so easily turning my fellow townies against me, although my newbyness doesnt help as i dont know a way to prove my innocence, only the fact that the post that started all of this was an honest noob post. i hope you guys can come to realise that im a townie and have been made to appear as a scum by Y.c and Sir D who were both so quick to make me appear as scum.

off topic, when you get killed do you find out who the mafia are? and when some1's killed do you find out if they were innocent or mafia?
I just find this post to be scummy. And, I could be wrong, but this is just my first feeling when I read it. There was a VC, right before it. And Ribo, not even close to lynch, freaks out. Just putting out my other ideas.

@Coron: Why do you only post when you are mentioned as suspicious for not posting or when you are prodded?

Anyway, now that I am done giving opinions, I am going to go back and ask, one more time:

Where does YC appear to be scummy? Just point out the thought process and I will look at it, but I really don't see it.

Nati-Note: Fixing tags...again
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Damn.

Mod, sorry, forget to unclick "Disable BBCodes" Fix tags would be appreciated.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Coron wrote:
riboflavin wrote:think coron is active lurking havent seen him post until he is proded or suspected as lurking
Posting because someone is suspecting me of lurking.
Posting because Coron is suspected of lurking.

Seriously, do you have no defense or is this your style of play for the game?

*...*

I am really curious as to why you are lacking any reaction aside from mild cynicism.

Nati-Note: Oh, dear god, just uncheck that little button that says "disable BBCode", please.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Netlava wrote:
Light-kun wrote:She is pursuing YC over Artem, and her reasoning is weak.
Well this argument assumes airhead is mafia (as you mentioned), but it also looks like you assume artem is more worthy of being pursued.
Actually, I am just pointing out her choice and commenting on a possibility. I am unsure of which would be better to pursue, but I might have tried to pursue both. Then again, that is my play style.
>.>
<.<
Trust no one.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Hm, I am not sure. I actually considered Jester to be a likely character just from the general absurd feel of the game. Then again, that could be air escaping from Airhead's long winded posts...

Anyway, I am not really getting a scum vibe off of Coron as much as I am getting a:

I am going to not post so they lynch me vibe. So, I just see him as a likely jester, and I am not going to vote him yet. (especially risking a self vote for his win if he were Jester.)

As a side note: I don't like the general feel of Ribo and Airhead's interaction...
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Ribo:
I mean that the whole interaction seems to be inflated but really doesn't look like anything but a pointless argument. I feel that you two should move on, and join the current Coron discussion, which is providing less reactions than one would hope.

Still, I don't really love Coron's play style. It is screaming Jester, which is wifomed into mafia pretending to be jester....

*Head desk*
Okay, anyone else have thoughts because circle arguments without any point usually burn me out in the giant swirling vortex called a black hole.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Light-kun »

I agree Artem.

Either he has played horribly or the Mod List just became my new best friend.

Vote Coron
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Light-kun »

No. Had absolutely no idea. When I got down to his whole misclaim, and read his correct claim, I scrolled straight down to this nifty little quick reply (yup, the one I am using right now) and typed in my above post.

Anyway, it seems that we have a mafia, town aligned.... Honestly, that is awesome.

Since I don't know him, I need to look up Weak Doctor's role. (Never heard of it.)

And finally:

Mod: Just to point it out, PhD are for Doctor degrees outside of medicine. (I wanna say it stands for philosophy Degree, but I am much too ignorant to know that...) Medicine is MD, medical degree... Anyway, back to game.

Okay, I am not loving the -3 townies for 1 mafia deal here...

Oh, and that reminds me, how did two vanillas die and one mafia town? Serial Killer then, huh...?

Not loving this... (OR vig? Slightly more optimistic.)
I shall look a bit over yesterday, before posting updates on suspicions.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Light-kun »

I am wondering if that is a scum slip or townscum hint....

Probably the former, but ...

I am slightly worried about the mafia-town ratio...
I think I am feeling that three scum are left (Two mafia, 1 third party) so, to look at the seemingly guilty:

Riboflavin, are you claiming mafia town aligned?
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Light-kun »

Riboflavin, I am confused. You can kill at night, but does it say you are "town aligned" mafia?

>.< All mafia have to be able to kill since three people died. (Oh, and Weak Doctor's death makes sense now.... so probably no third party)

That's all for the moment.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Light-kun »

Netlava wrote:Riboflavin, do you know your alignment?
riboflavin wrote:off topic, when you get killed do you find out who the mafia are? and when some1's killed do you find out if they were innocent or mafia?
I originally considered it a mild "town slip," but is it safe to say you did not know your alignment and assumed mafia?
I am going to go ahead and
Vote Riboflavin
because I am reading this as scum slip.

Nati-Note: Fix tags...again.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Unvote

Just in case Airhead is mafia.
FoS Riboflavin
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Light-kun »

EBWOP: And Ribo isn't**
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #23) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Light-kun »

I was going to post after Netlava but he hasn't.

I wanted to see if he took my bait but his lack of post prevents it.

I am mafia goon, town-aligned. Obviously, SirD is my godfather, but he is dead, oh well.

Actually, while Night 1 occurred, SirD and I thought that both Air was probably more town. Net, however, we thought acted like Lifeofpie (who we killed night one). And yet, he thought that Net was more town than Life because he made real decisions. The counter here is that Net realized he could not save Coron, and went ahead to put him at L-1.

So, unless Netlava counterclaims, I am cleared.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Light-kun »

Seriously, Airhead... that is the most wordy post I have read... It could have been summed up in a paragraph or two....

*Anyway* Town aligned mafia wouldn't need a Godfather protection from investigations roles, and would therefore only need the ability to override who kills who between the two or more members.

The reason I NKed no one ie because of the three people alive last night, none of them were scummy enough for me to have a good guess. If I assumed that my role claim wouldn't be challenge, then I would still make the choice of who dies between the two supposed town aligned players, and have -1 person to eliminate error. However, had I picked someone to die last night who wasn't scum, and it was not the person scum targeted, then scum wins. So, no NK was the obvious move.

Actually, I wish Netlava (if mafia) had CC, the the real townie and the real town aligned mafia could no vote, two mafias kill each other, and town wins. (No matter who scum mafia chose to die.)

Since my plan did not work, then we will need to approach this the good old fashioned way...

*Le sigh*

I will begin reviewing game after posting in my three other games.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Okay Netlava, aside from your argument of "Light is not scum, and I am town, thus Airhead is scum," do you have any evidence indicating Airhead is scum?
Show
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Light-kun »

EBWOP:

@Airhead: Do you have any thoughts on how Netlava is scum?
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Having reviewed the game and giving this game some serious thought, I have decided on who to lynch. Quite frankly, I needed to consult the opinions SirD and I formed from Night 1, which did not significantly help.

Basically, we concluded that Netlava played similar to Lifeofpie (our kill N1), but she made real decisions...

He suggested Airhead was probably town because you spoke way to damn much. And, well, you do.

Now, I am really perplexed as to who is scum and who is town. Honestly, Town's main power seems to be the town aligned mafia and a weak doctor... Other than that, we have townies. So, honestly, I was hoping for at least one power role claim, and yet, there was myself and no one.

*Sigh* my idea to have someone else claim Mafia town aligned would have been awesome, but it was, admittedly, obvious and easily avoided.

All this pointless jabber being said, I think it is time to pick who I am voting....

I am having this weird, funny feeling that I am going to regret my choice, but based off of play, Netlava has seemed more protown... She voted for Coron's lynch, and this is after both Net and Airhead repeatedly asked for Coron to respond and participate. So, any argument against one for coaching applies to both.

Airhead, however, ignored a lot of discussion, or simply didn't participate in that discussion. Either way, she seemed to avoid picking a side on anything more than who found her suspect. This feels off to me... so

Vote Airhead

*crosses fingers* please be mafia, please be mafia, please be mafia!
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”