Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:13 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Mod: you've missed my vote on Lowell in your vote count.

My bad - fixed now!
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:21 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Nevermind.
Unvote. Vote:QuantumFruit

He's the only one who hasn't posted yet.

BTW, I may have limited access to the interwebs from Saturday to Tuesday. It's a holiday here in Canuckistan.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:44 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Unvote: Quantum

Lots going on in here, but it's hard to separate out the scum tells.

Vote: chenhsi

Ever since you picked up some votes for your scummy behaviour you've gone silent. I'm going to put you back at L-3 and see if that motivates you.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:51 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Maybe, but I'm not going to reward him for it.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

If I was sure he was a townie, that's what I would have done. Since he also seems scummy, I'm putting a vote on him.

Are you so sure that he's not scum?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

goborage wrote:I like lurker-votes (don't let them get away with it!) but I'm not a fan of straight lurker-lynch.
QFT.

At this point, I don't want Chenhsi lynched, but I do want him to contribute more than "I have nothing to say." Not helpful. There's been plenty to comment on already in the game, so that seems pretty lurky to me.

We have some time left before our deadline. No reason to rush into anything.
I'm waiting to hear from Quantumfruit's replacement.

Clammy, you used the word "smells" twice. I assume this is your way of saying that you are working from a hunch. It's as good a place as any to start, but to imply that anyone putting a vote on a potentially scummy player is himself scummy is a bit of an over reaction, in my opinion. I mean, the guy is at only at L-3.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

clammy wrote:
Clammy, you used the word "smells" twice. I assume this is your way of saying that you are working from a hunch. It's as good a place as any to start, but to imply that anyone putting a vote on a potentially scummy player is himself scummy is a bit of an over reaction, in my opinion. I mean, the guy is at only at L-3.
Hunch it is, but notice i'm not suspicious of those who put a vote on a "potentially scummy player"; i'm suspicious of you for placing a vote on a lurker. Much as i seem to be in the minority, i think that's a poor reason for a vote.
Ok, that's fine. I find lurking scummy, especially in games that have deadlines. If you find that suspicious, then so be it.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:09 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Yosarian 2 wrote:Anyway, Quag, right now we're trying to decide if we lynch chenhsi for being a lurkerscum or if we lynch reborn for a scummy-as-hell psudoclaim.
Interesting that you've decided to boil down all of our possible actions on Day 1 to these two possibilities.

If it's alright with you, I'd prefer to cast a slightly wider net than that.

Fos: Yosarian 2
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Quagmire wrote:I don't feel like rereading right now, can people sum up what's happened so far to me so that I can get an abriged history of this game?
No.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

reborn, if you get put at L-1, then you can talk about your role, until then, please don't.

Quagmire, your calling for reborn's lynch seems a little premature. How exactly have you come to the conclusion that "there's a reasonable chance that reborn is a major antitown power role"?

Seems like you maybe want him to talk some more about his role, and if you're lucky, get a power role lynched.

Right now I don't know whether reborn's play is just bad or a clever scum tactic. Either way, it's not good for town.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:06 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Yosarian 2 wrote:Anyway, Quag, right now we're trying to decide if we lynch chenhsi for being a lurkerscum or if we lynch reborn for a scummy-as-hell psudoclaim.
Yosarian 2 wrote:Of course those aren't our only choices. But those are the two people I'm trying to pressure right now.
This comment and the explanation for the comment still don't sit right with me. It still sounds to me like you were trying to frame the debate for the Day and reduce the lynch choices down to Chenhsi and reborn.

Unvote: Chenhsi
Vote: Yosarian 2
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:08 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Haschel, I'd like to hear more from you, you haven't posted since Monday, and not much overall.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Quagmire wrote:I hate hate hate it when people try to use rolefishing as a legitimate scumtell. It's not. By voting for reborn, I am fishing. He says he has more information than just NK immune townie that he conveniently withheld. I don't buy it for a second, I'm calling his bluff. I'm fishing for more info. I want reborn to elaborate everything about his role at this point that would clear him if he's town.
I see what you're saying, but wouldn't it be better to leave this at least until Day 2? Someone else may be able to investigate reborn and find out more, or he may be boxed into a corner by then, if he is scum. He's certainly on everyone's radar now.

I don't know what his deal is, but if he is some super power role, I want that to remain in our arsenal, and to remain a secret.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:20 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Yosarian wrote:I have a hard time beleving that you took my post that seriously. Quagmire, a player known to be both a strong player and agressive player, replaces in, and I turn to him and say "Hey, Quag, we're trying to decide if we're goign to lynch the lurker or the guy with the terrible claim", and you think I'm actually seriously trying to argue that we only have two choices or something? You really didn't understand that that was p clearly a way for me to scare the lurker into posting and to increase the pressure on reborn?

fos:Farkshinsoup. In my experence, when someone tries to take a post like that literally or tries to apply generic scumtells to something like that, it's often a sign of scum who's trying to hard to play "pure townie" and to find excuses to look like he's scumhunting.
Okay.
Yosarian wrote: And that's also a terrible, terrible idea, considering that if reborn is scum, he's very likely either godfather or SK, and both of those roles are often cop-proof.
Yeah, you're right. The more I think about it, the more I think that reborn should just come clean and tell us his role. The cat is half out of the bag already. If he is town, he's distracting from scum hunting, if he's scum, best we get his fake claim out in the open now.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I've never played in a game with a hider before. For now, I believe your claim.
Yosarian wrote: and if you're still alive tommorow you can give us a confirmed innocent if you're telling the truth.
Unless he decides not to hide. Am I right that the hider can choose not to hide?

Not sure if activity in the game will drop off because of the July 4th holiday in the US. I will be gone for the rest of the day. I have to take my nephew to see Hancock.:( He is a fan of Will Smith - I'll be watching Charlize Theron.

I'll try to check in tomorrow.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Agreed, gorborage. Chenhsi is back to his lurking ways. I will say it again, lurkers are our worst enemies in a game with a deadline. I'm keeping my vote where it is for now, but if we don't hear from him soon, I'll put it back there.
Quagmire wrote: I still don't like this claim. At all. He has a gun.
What is it about the gun that you don't like? Please elaborate.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Quagmire wrote:I had my reasons for voting you. I still do -- I didn't want to reveal them. I will soon though.
I'm going to keep my vote on Yos for now, but I await your explanation. If I don't get one soon, I'll be unvoting.

Mod, can we get a prod on Clammy?
He hasn't posted in 6 days.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Quagmire wrote: Yosarian asks for an explanation of the vote, which concerned me a bit. Why in the world would he be concerned with one person who is voting for him just because the person voting for him says, "he's scum guys, follow me?" Certainly not someone who is town-aligned, that's for sure.
This is a specious argument. It is perfectly reasonable for a townie to have his radar set off by accusations that are not accompanied by arguments.

Also, have you read the first 4 pages of the game yet? I'm not sure if this was a joke, but if it was, it's pretty lame, and if it wasn't, please get yourself up to speed.

I really don't like this whole yosariscum wagon that's been building. I just don't see it.

Unvote

reborn wrote:On the other hand, his attitude is pretty sullen at the moment and I've read that that's a scum tell, so I'm willing to go with this for now.
First, define sullen. Second, how is being sullen a scumtell?
reborn wrote: I'm not overly convinced, but I'm looking for a conclusion to day 1 of ONE of my games before too long (Day 1 of Newbie 639 is nearing the longest Day 1 on record... *sigh*). And I think we can get some info about Lowell and Quag if they turn out to be wrong about Yos.
So you're willing to hop on the Yos wagon because, 1- he's sullen, 2-you're impatient to get to Night, 3-who cares if he's scum or town, let's just lynch him up so we can get some info from his lynch?

FoS: reborn

After I did a reread, I really don't like ClockworkRuse. He FoS's Gauzame, then recants and says it was a joke when he gets some flack for it. That's the lie that clammy thinks he he told - lying about the FoS being a joke. Clammy was right.

Vote: ClockworkRuse
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Quagmire wrote:So...right now I'm thinking Farkinsonsoup or whatever your name is and yosarian.
Please feel free to shorten it to Fark. Or seeing how busy you are, if you just want to type f, I'll know who you mean.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

ClockworkRuse wrote:I've already explained that I haven't lied and that it was meant to be a joke. At least I got a chuckle out of it. :D
I know that's what you've said, and I don't believe you. It doesn't matter how many smiling emoticons you post.

Please explain the thought process that you had when you said to yourself, "I'm going to accuse Guzame of role fishing, that will be hilarious!" Where is the joke? How did this amuse you?

As Haschel (I think) pointed out, it did kind of seem like Guzame was role fishing. It was a valid criticism. Why didn't you just defend your FoS instead of back pedalling when you got some flack for it?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:23 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Erratus Apathos wrote:You don't see the case against the guy you've been voting for the past week?
I put my vote on him because of the comment he made when Quag first entered the game. At that time the only other vote on him was from Lowell, who it seemed voted him for the same reason. Yosarian explained himself, but I left my vote there to see what would happen next. In the meantime, Quag and reborn put their votes on him. At that point, it seemed like a wagon was building that I did not feel was supported by the evidence, so I unvoted and put it on Clockwork, who I find more suspicious than Yosarian at the moment.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Well, that's a fly in the soup.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:07 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

reborn wrote:I still like chenhsi as our play. He is so totally lurking, and not doing so in the other game I am with him in.
QFT, although I'm not going to change my vote. There's more than one scum.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #24) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:15 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

reborn wrote:Farkin - ok, but I have no idea why you'd lynch ClockworkRuse as scum over chenhsi. I have a feeling that in a court of law if your argument was "He lied about something" and CR said "It was a joke" there would be an acquittal on grounds of Your Word Against His.

Right, but this is not a court of law. It's a mafia game. No one has the presumption of innocence in here. Quite the opposite, actually. I assume everyone is guilty until they prove me otherwise.

Am I certain that reborn is scum? No, but I'll lynch him anyways. I feel he's a better candidate than chen because of his backtracking. There's also been some OMGUSing going on too, (He Fos'ed both me and EA right after we voted him, and now he's voted EA)

Lastly, I want to lynch scum every time I lynch, but I accept the fact that odds are that an innocent townie will sometimes be lynched instead. It's not the end of the world, though. If he's a townie, then he'll realize that his sacrifice may help us find the scum in later days.

Let's also remember that we can only lynch if we have a majority of votes by the deadline. I'd rather mislynch Clock than end up with a no lynch today.

To be honest, I think another couple of votes on Clock would be helpful. Then he can roleclaim before we lynch him, and if we hear something that makes us change our minds, we'll still have time to find someone else.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #25) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

reborn wrote:I really don't like that you've accidently put my name instead of Clock's. It doesn't make me think you're scum, it just makes me uncomfortable.
My bad. Obviously that should say "Clockwork", not "reborn". Sorry bout that.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Adel, welcome to the game.

What do you think about your predecessor's case against Yosarian? Also, what is your opinion on reborn's roleclaim?

I'd like to ask those questions of chen and EA as well. Haven't heard from Guzame in a while either.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Unvote
Vote: chenhsi

reborn is right, he's clearly lurking.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:04 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Mod, I would like an extension. Also, you have Quagmire listed n the vote count.

At this point, I would vote to lynch either clockwork or chen, I'm leaning more towards chen at the moment, his posts are worse than useless and he''s just been trying to run out the clock. But I do not want a no lynch, so unless some off those clock votes switch over, I'll put my vote back there before the deadline.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:29 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

mod, can we get a prod on clammy
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #30) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Can everyone who posts say whether they want the extension or not?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #31) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

reborn, remember we need 7 votes to lynch at the deadline, otherwise its a no lynch.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #32) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Yosarian wrote:First, chenhsi, you're currently at lynch -2, and the closest to lynch. If nothing changes, it's likely you'll be lynched before deadline. Therefore, I would suggest you try and convince us to not lynch you (which might or might not involve a claim, that's up to you) and make a case for who YOU think we should lynch today if not you, and why, and that you do both ASAP. The closer to the deadline we get, the harder it is to end one bandwagon and start another one sucessfully, so if you've got a defense, or if you want to claim, do it soon.
I second that emotion.
mod wrote:Because I'm so awesome, I've made you all a countdown timer that has a countdown till deadline.
I heart this timer. I want this in all my games.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

ClockworkRuse wrote:
reborn537 wrote:Oh nos, don't do it! If you get several more people voting for me then you will force me out into the open!

Also, how do you think scum would react to me using WIFOM on them?
FoS Reborn

The fact that you even just claimed you have a role is bad for the town. Either you are lying, which is scummy in itself and sounds like fishing, or you are telling the truth and you just got yourself targeted. Both cases don't help the town at all.

FoS Guzame

Guzame wrote:So,what's so great about this role that you're willing to give it away to everyone,including the scum?
Sounds like fishing to me.
Then this:
clammy wrote:ClockworkRuse, i don't buy that Guzame looked like he was fishing.
Then:
ClockworkRuse wrote::D I was joking with Guzame's 'fishing.' I should have put an emote in there or something.
And then repeated questions about how was that a joke (a bolded FoS) and repeated explanations from Clock.

Looking over this, though, I noticed that after the original FoS of Guzame, the very next post, Clock wrote this:
ClockworkRuse wrote:Pretty much everything Guzame said sums up what I was thinking. The fact that you just role-claimed something that keeps you from being night-killed means that Mafia isn't going to come after you now.

We just lost a day where a night kill is avoided because of your claim, if you actually have this role at all.
If he was seriously FoSing, it seems like he would have not immediately agreed completely with the person that he was FoSing. So I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here and just assume that it was a poor joke, and that Clock did a bad job of expressing in his post that it was a joke.

Based on this, I'm more convinced that chen is our lynch today. At best (for us), chen is lurking scum, at worst, a completely unhelpful townie who does not care about this game and is distracting us from finding scum. I'd just as soon kill him as soon as possible either way.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

reborn wrote:Yeah, I think the overriding point here is that you can't lynch someone based on "Your word against their's."
I disagree. We can, and do, lynch for any reason we want, including "your word against their's".

Just so happens that in this case, there's a better reason to vote someone else.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #35) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Adel wrote:To make matters, his lynch will not be informative. It will tell us very little about the alignment of the people voting for him.
Why not? Will Clock's be more informative?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:46 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

chen wrote:So if they were deliberately not requesting a deadline extention, would that make them scummy or not scummy? And there is the possibility that they didn't know it would be a no-lynch.

Chen, do you want to be in this game? Seriously, if you aren't interested I would rather that you had requested replacement a while ago.

I think that you should role claim the next time you check in here, if you check in here.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #37) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

You'll notice that I still have my vote on him.

It's just that scum or town, he seems to be deliberately trying to get lynched. If he wanted out of the game, I wish he had earlier asked for a replacement, instead of trying to get lynched.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #38) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

chen wrote:Do you want me to roleclaim?
YES! The sooner the better.

reborn, if he hasn't claimed in the next 4.5 hours, please put your vote back on him.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #39) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:26 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Good, then we can lynch you.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #40) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

chenhsi wrote:Of course I was town...
Oh, of course! Why didn't we all see it! What with your prolific posting, razor sharp analysis, and impassioned defense of yourself.

Your loss from this game is immeasurable.

Oh, sorry, I have to go now, my sarcasm machine just exploded.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #41) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I still believe reborn's claim.
Yosarian2 wrote:
Adel wrote:
reborn537 wrote: Also, Adel, welcome to the game! I've read some of your games, they're pretty awesome.
Thanks!

@Yos2: why was Skruffs nk'd in dynamite mafia? Do you recall the process that led to that decision?
Well, he looked rather pro-town and was therefore not likely to get blown up, and suspected both me and Elvis, and he's a very agressive townie who I would have thought would be likely to just randomally blow up either me or Elvis suddenly, out of the blue, with little or no warning, even if no one else agreed with him. Basically, he seemed like the biggest threat to us in that kind of game at that moment.

Any specific reason you're asking that question in this thread instead of, say, in that post-game discussion or in mafia discussion or something, Adel?
Could you answer this question for the rest of us please? You never answered it for Yosarian.
Adel wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote: What do you think about your predecessor's case against Yosarian?
I haven't really decided yet.
Adel wrote:yeah, I thought he was scum as well.
At which point, between these two posts, did you make up your mind that he was scum and why?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #42) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:36 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Adel, what about the second question I asked you? When and why did you change your mind about Yosarian?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #43) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Who were you referring to in this post 393? I thought it was Yosarian.
Adel wrote:yeah, I thought he was scum as well.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #44) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Adel wrote:ok then, I think we should massclaim now.
I think this a great idea. But I want to hear everyone else's opinion first.
Guzame wrote:I personally don't mind claiming my role,but then again,wouldn't that just make it easier for the scum to know who to nightkill?
It's a trade off. We, as town, will be really putting the squeeze on them to fake claim this turn. As Adel points out, they won't have been able to coordinate their claims (unless, of course, Adel is scum, but even then I like our chances) They will be caught unawares. We may also get lucky and be able to coordinate some investigations before our investigative roles get NK'd.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #45) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:58 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

EBWOP: But I want to hear everyone else's opinion first before we decide to do it.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #46) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Actually, I think that if we do this, Adel should claim first since it was her idea.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #47) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:19 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I'm fine with popcorn, and reborn making the choice.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #48) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

The last time he posted on the site was in this thread, so either he's avoiding the entire site in order to avoid claiming, or he's just away from the interwebs for the weekend.

I'll go with the latter.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #49) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I hear you. We are on a deadline.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (isolation #50) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Lowell, you pick the next one to claim.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #51) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Clock wrote:He doesn't actively scum hunt, he has basically sat around and let the Town lynch other townies.
For the record, we've only lynched the one townie so far.

I'm watching this back and forth between Adel and Clock, but I'm not seeing much that I didn't see in D1. Seems like it wasn't a joke, no it was a joke. Clock, there's nothing you can say that will convince anyone of your true intentions on this, so I think you should just let it be. It's distracting for town.

Adel, have you done up one of your charts for this game? Also, what do you do in games where you are scum? Do you still do the charts? If so, to what end?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #52) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Adel wrote:- they help me track relationships and identify patterns. I am a spatial/visual thinker. I can only think of one game where a chart actually helped other players, out of the 10 or so games I've posted charts for.
Yeah, I don't think those charts would help me anyways, I was really just curious. Always like to know how different people approach the game.

Just waiting on Haschel.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #53) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I read a game where you actually posted one of them. I forget which one. If I remember correctly, Korlash was scum and you nailed him with your chart. I was trying to get a meta on Korlash for a game we were recently in together.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #54) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:21 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I'm the gunsmith. My night investigation tells me whether or not someone has a gun, but nothing else.

Erratus Apathos claims next.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #55) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:40 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I will be V/LA from Thursday, July 31, 7:00 pm to Tuesday, August 5, 3:00 pm. All times GMT -4.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (isolation #56) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:58 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I think that's everyone.

Adel and I both have night investigations to report. Any particular order or should we just shout them out? I'll wait to hear from Adel specifically, but everyone else feel free to chime in as well.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #57) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Ok, so I investigated Lowell last night and my investigation told me that he has a gun. Since he didn't mention that he has a gun, I can only assume that he is lying about his role and is scum.

Vote: Lowell

Also, his roleclaim seems designed to convince us to keep him alive to LYLO, which would be a great claim for scum to make.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (isolation #58) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

EA and goborage have both posted in other threads since I posted my investigation results.

FoS EA and goborage
. Stop stalling.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #59) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

unvote: Lowell

Ok, we're in no hurry. I'll be away until Tuesday so I'll let you guys hash this out and jump back in then.

Please no lynches until I get back, since I am probably a top NK candidate. I do have some questions for lowell regarding his play on D1, I don't have time to do a PBPA now but if someone else does that would be great.
Adel wrote:Take a look at the 10 most recently completed mini-normals. Count how many of them had six townies. If there is even 1, I will be shocked. At least 1, and probably two, of the claimed vanilla townies are scum.

How is this relevant? This game is not related to those games, aside from being a mini-normal. Is there some vanilla townie minimum or maximum I'm unaware of?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #60) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Ok, back from vacation. Sorry but I will be pretty busy with work until tomorrow night, but I'll try to contribute more then.

HC: No insect mentioned in my role pm. I too share your suspicion of Adel, I think she could have orchestrated the mass claim and come up with this plausible claim but she should not be lynched today. I'd like to hear her investigation results tomorow. Also, there are other scum.

Lowell's dueling ability could explain my result on him. Also, if it's true, scum will certainly kill him off in time to prevent him from getting to LYLO with them, so again, don't want to lynch him today.

I'm good with a CR lynch. Aside from the "joke" argument, his roleclaim seems fishy. Medical Textbook? I think he threw that in there hoping there would be a doc. Since we would not lynch the doc, he wouldn't have to test his powers until much later in the game, after the Doc had been Nk'd. Even then he could claim that it's just a textbook, no powers to be had. Without the Doc, it seems like he's been busted.

vote Clockwork Ruse

By the way, not that anyone seems to care, but I did breadcrumb my role back in post 156:
Farkshinsoup wrote:Not sure if activity in the game will drop off because of the July 4th holiday in the US. I will be gone for the rest of the day. I have to take my nephew to see Hancock.:( He is a fan of Will
Smith
- I'll be watching Charlize Theron.
I don't have a nephew, and I never saw Hancock.

Mod, can we get an updated vote count?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #61) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Clockwork wrote:Wouldn't it be obvious for the doctor to claim TOWNIE?
I really hope that there isn't a townie lying about their role, because if there is, he's partly responsible for me voting for you. It would confuse all of our decision making, and make the whole mass claim pointless.

So Clock, are you contending that there is a doctor in the game? If so, who do you think it is?

I'll just say this, if there is a doctor out there, and you are lying about your role, please come clean now, so we can figure out how to proceed.

For the record, I don't think we have a doctor in the game, and I think you don't really either.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (isolation #62) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

We didn't say, "Let's all massclaim, unless you are a really great power role. You guys should lie so that we can't tell the difference between the lying scum and the lying townies."

The definition of mass claiming is that EVERYONE claims their role, even if it means outing doctor roles. This forces scum to lie, and hopefully we catch them in their lies.

Clock, the only remote possibility I can think of is that you are the doctor, and if that's the case, you should tell us so that we don't mislynch you. Although, truth be told, at this point I'd still push for your lynch because of all the lies that you'd told.

So you suspect me of being scum? Is that another joke FoS or is this one for real?

Please lay out your case for why you think I'm scum. Do you think I'm fake claiming? Or is it that you don't like the fact that I'm attacking you? It looks like it might be because I want the non-existent doctor to claim his/her role. What is your reason for that FoS?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #63) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Okay, the deadline is coming up soon. All those not voting for Clock, how likely are you to switch your vote? Same question for those who aren't voting for Lowell.

I personally think that Lowell's claim is plausible. The duelist thing could be why I detected the gun. Bottom line, what does everyone think of Lowell's claim, and clock's claim?

I must say that Lowell doesn't seem to be very involved on D2. Could be he's just trying to stay out of the way and let the clock run out. (pardon the pun)
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (isolation #64) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:57 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Deadline in less than 24 hours from this post. Let's go people.

I just remembered that Lowell is on vacation until Saturday, so we're going to have to decide what to do without input from him.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #65) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:09 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

That may be Guzame, but we need a majority of votes to lynch or it's a no lynch, so that's why I want everyone to check in. Someone is going to have to drop the hammer on Lowell for him to swing.

Haschel, your vote for Adel is wasted. Any ideas where else you might put it?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (isolation #66) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

reborn wrote:I'm in. The Vig thing is sticking in my mind and I think I can guess who killed Yos but I'm not saying who.

vote CR
This was at the beginning of D2. Who did you think killed Yos?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (isolation #67) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:15 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

reborn wrote:I can't even remember when I changed my vote from CR to Lowell.
That vote went on as a pressure vote to get him to post when it was his turn to claim. So you forgot that, and were going to lynch him with this forgotten vote?

FoS reborn

Mod: Any chance of getting an extension?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (isolation #68) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Yosarian, one of our fallen heroes wrote:With
hours until deadline, and us heading towards a no-lynch (which would be quite bad for town), I'm suspicious of

A. Anyone who's not voting in a useful way (which basically means voting one of our top two suspects, unless you've got a better idea)

and

B. Anyone who dosn't request a deadline extension.

Anyone who don't do one of those things, or at least explain why you're not, then I'm going to be looking at you tommorow as possible scum hoping to allow a no-lynch to happen.
fixed for D2.

I find it very interesting that this has happened 2 days in a row. Anyone else?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (isolation #69) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I'd be interested on people's thoughts on who I should investigate tonight. I'll make my own decision, but I would be interested to hear everyone's suggestions. If I don't make it through the night, talk to you again after lylo.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (isolation #70) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Ouch.

Go town.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (isolation #71) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

DAMN!:cry:

I've been following this game ever since I died, and I have to give Lowell credit, he did a great job. That having been said, if Clock hadn't been so scummy, I think Lowell would have gotten the lynch on D2. I certainly would have been pushing for it. Something about the way he was worried about being lumped in with Quagmire on Day 1 seemed wrong to me... Then again, I was dead.

Curious to know what the other players thought about the mass claim: did it hurt us or help us?

Awesome Pants, great modding! The way you organized the information for the players was exemplary. I'm not very good with game mechanics, so I'll leave that to others.

Overall, a really fun game.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (isolation #72) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Congrats Lowell. Well played.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (isolation #73) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:16 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Adel wrote:@Awesome Pants-- great game. Your set-up and modding were perfect. I especially appreciated the "crabby" alt for "clammy". Your first post was formatted well, very clear and concise. Thanks for modding!
QFT. All of the information that I wanted, as a player, was easily accessible in the thread. Nice work. Let me know when you're modding again.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (isolation #74) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Adel wrote:Does anyone feel like nominating Awesome Pants or Lowell for a scummy?
This is the first game I've ever played in with an SK, so I couldn't really say how well Lowell played it. The fact that he won does say something, and props to you Lowell, you deserve the win, but I'll leave it to someone else to determine whether he deserves a nomination or not.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (isolation #75) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Adel wrote:Does anyone feel like nominating Awesome Pants or Lowell for a scummy?
This is the first game I've ever played in with an SK, so I couldn't really say how well Lowell played it. The fact that he won does say something, and props to you Lowell, you deserve the win, but I'll leave it to someone else to determine whether he deserves a nomination or not.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”