thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by thinktank »

/confirm
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:49 am

Post by thinktank »

vote: Sibelius

Because Finale is clearly better.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:52 am

Post by thinktank »

Doktor Per wrote:I'm here to have a good time, not serious business, so if I go pointing scum finger on the first day (which I did twice or three times before, please note) I am most likely not being serious, especially if it's because some dude is overreaction about an assumption based on the ideal ratio. I'd like to win the game, but that should come secondary to good time. I fucked up, blew up too loudly and now the Dcorbe guy is driving me down the street, furious as a demon prince in hell.

I apply a formula to everything, making assumptions about safe things is generally a good thing. Seeing as I seem to be walking up to the gallows I do hope you note Dcorbe's actions better when I flip.
Mm...so by what you're saying your OMGUS was a joke?

You seem to be rather defensive for no reason and that's the real reason of why I'm suspicious of you. Making claims when you have one or two votes on you is quite suspicious because why would you claim when theres no pressure to? Your argument as to why you claimed doesn't really add up.

I'm not really sure what to make of this yet because there are some very scummy auras coming of Doktor but his behaviour seems erratic so I want to be cautious and wait a little more for further evidence.

FoS: Doktor
I'll settle for the FoS for now considering how early it is in the game; only about post 76.

On that note, whats the vote count like right now?

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by thinktank »

Doktor Per wrote:I'll indulge you. On 42. Third vote which is founded on nothing but silliness, seeing as it's still day 1. Do note that I changed my vote with almost every other post till that point because everything went off the hook.

47 I claim vanilla, what of it? I'm accused of soft claiming when I call Dcorbe a paranoid silly, so I just claim and come clean, I've seen this kind of stuff roll before.

Third reason: You are not clinically insane.

Fourth reason. If I survive today, I will most likely be Mafia proof for the rest of the game. (That's not really a reason, but hey, I'm a big silly)

And on your latest point, I do care, somewhat, about what happens to me, I care slightly more about what happens to the town (greater good as the Neighborhood Watch Alliance would say), but that's nothing compared to how much I care about having fun, my wife or child. If I didn't care what happened to me, would I be indulging you, really?
Could you elaborate on Reason Four?

Secondly, don't make any assumptions as to what will and won't happen. That's one of the reasons why you're at lynch-2, making more isn't helping your argument.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Cephrir wrote:Little note so that I dont get called out later for not mentioning it-- if Per is scum, the two partners I mentioned are icemanE and StrangerCoug.
Why icemanE?
StrangerCoug: I noticed when Cephrir said that he thought IcemanE and you as scum, you only asked why you thought IcemanE could be scum?You never asked why Cephrir thought you were one of the partners, only IcemanE but still leading me to believe could be a significant slip. Could you explain that please?

Be absolutely convinced who you are voting for is scum. This talk about acceptable losses about lynching Dok even he's town seems unacceptable and the people pushing that argument, aka Gateway and IcemanE resonate suspicion (mention if I've forgotten anybody who I've forgotten to include in that argument )

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:11 am

Post by thinktank »

icemanE wrote:
GateKeeper wrote: he says he will be Mafia bait (or whatever the exact words was...) for the rest of the game.
He said mafia-proof - I believe what he meant by this is that the mafia won't night kill him because he's suspicious. So one of his reasons we shouldn't lynch him is: Because the mafia won't kill him. It doesn't add up - it's not valid reason, as if he's scum, he'll obviously survive the night anyway.
ThinkTank wrote: Be absolutely convinced who you are voting for is scum.
I don't entirely agree. Your vote is a tool. You can use it to do things like force scum tells through pressure, which is what I was initially doing with my vote on Dok. Now, however, I'm convinced he's mafia, and my vote will stay on him. I think you can use your vote however you want to, it's your only power as a towine and you can get a lot more done with it than just add a number to the count.
I agree with you partially. I agree that using your your vote as a tool is a very important aspect of the game and pressure voting is a must. However after a certain point you have to start thinking about the lynch as well. At this point it seems that Dok has enough votes on him that pressure voting is overshadowed by the actual lynch itself and we need to seriously start considering whether he is scum or not . I know you've said you're convinced he's scumbut not everyone has distinctively said they are sure Dok is scum, more that they are ready to lynch him even if he's town because he's not really being productive. Which is very scummy in itself.

Dok: What kind of hypocrisy are you talking about? Yes, everyone can throw votes around. That's kind of the leading tool behind this whole mafia game. What OMGUS debate? Could you please elaborate on that? Please be more clear because you're at lynch -2 so there's not a whole lot of time for vague arguments.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:01 am

Post by thinktank »

Doktor Per wrote:Thinktank. I toss votes around, in a more joking and lighthearted manner, as I notice the other of you are doing it as well. Note my "OMGUS" vote against Light-kun which no one seems to care about. Do you now see why I think you guys are being a bunch of silly sillies? Well if you don't then you are even sillier than I think.
Me being a silly silly? Now thats just silly.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:54 am

Post by thinktank »

Doktor Per wrote:
dcorbe wrote:At L-1 I would say it's time for a claim but he's already claimed :) Can anyone think of a reason not to drop the hammer? Please speak up now.
Yes, me! But you're not going to like it.
Why won't? If you have anything to say now would definitely be the time to say it. I've seen enough evidence to lay the hammer but I'm waiting on Greasy Spot as he has specifically asked no one hammer until he posts and its definitely a good idea as we haven't heard much from him at all. So I suggest you say what you need to say quickly and clearly to survive this day.

I doubt that there is a jester and considering his last comment I doubt he is. He seems to be hinting at something and a jester probably wouldn't do that this close to a lynch because it keeps people like me from dropping the hammer.

But seriously, Dok, if you have anything to say, do it now. I've just had a game where the main suspect was a Cop and never claimed when there was a very good chance there was a doc in the game and just get himself get lynched. Your last post implied you were leading to something. What was it?

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:55 am

Post by thinktank »

*Why won't we like it?

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:33 am

Post by thinktank »

Since Greasy Spot's analysis is quite long I'm just gonna say QFT without the actual Q if thats ok.

Is Stranger Coug at Lynch -1 right now? If so.

Better get claiming or make some sort of defensive arguments right about now.

On a side note: Mod could we get a prod on Sibelius.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:52 am

Post by thinktank »

I'm sorry, I'm in the wrong state of mind. I'm in two other games with 9 people so my mind just jumped to Lynch -1 when I saw 4 votes.

Then I can do this:

unvote

vote: StrangerCoug

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:27 am

Post by thinktank »

Hi all. Sorry I've been gone for so long on vacation, just got back. Please allow me to do a read and I'll post thoughts a little later tonight.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:48 am

Post by thinktank »

I'll go back to one of my earlier posts about how you should be sure of who you vote for and acceptable loses talks are quite unacceptable. Cephrir, it seems that one of the main reasons if not the main reason to lynch Dok is to find out more info. We've come to such a point in the game that on good days we can't afford such lynches however we can definitely not afford one on such a day. There are 2 killing roles, from the mod's flavour odds are there is an SK as well as scum (due to the goriness of one of the kills)

we can't afford another mis lynch.

This whole replacement thing thing with RD and lord gurgi is weird. I understand that gurgi may not be able to answer for his predecessor but the arguments can't just be forgotten and dismissed by his counterclaim either.

P.S If im not really making sense seriously tell me. Im really jet lagged....

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:11 am

Post by thinktank »

Its good that we've gotten the extension. We really don't want to "force" a lynch because of the deadline with not much of a consensus on who is scum.

Iceman quick question: After going through Day 2 posts, it seems that you change your vote quite a lot. More precisely you've changed it three times during this day already. Could you explain that?

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:41 am

Post by thinktank »

Mod: Could you please prod Greasy Spot. He hasn't posted since 07/10 either.

Done!

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:35 am

Post by thinktank »

elvis_knits wrote:
Cephrir wrote:You're still saying that tell incriminates me even though I have responded. Tell me why my response is wrong or stop saying I'm scum with that reason.

De ja vous much. Don't make me chase after you over several pages to do this anymore, I had enough of it in 564 thank you very much.
I think you are wrong because I have seen people drop a specific number for the number of scum in the game and they are almost always scum themselves. I have seen
you
do it. I have even seen yosarian do it.

I realize the number of scum in a mini is usually 3-4. But those are two different numbers. Why did DP pick 3 over 4? Why does DP seem to think there is a cop in the game?
If Doc was a cop, he should have and probably would have claimed by now considering its almost the end of day 2. Unless of course the cop wants to run a gambit which is hilarious considering there are very likely two killing roles and three townies are already dead.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:34 am

Post by thinktank »

I've seen enough evidence. It's go time.

vote: Doktor Per

Thats lynch-1 Dok. I think its time to claim or die.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:18 am

Post by thinktank »

In past experience: I've seen mass claims implemented in about 4 previous games of mine. The town went 0-4 in those games. Enough said.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:46 am

Post by thinktank »

Light-kun wrote:*picks up prod*
Sorry, I put my dog down this morning... 15 years of living and I want more out of him...
*sniffles*
I'll post in about 4 hours. I need to sleep.
*Because, I woke up 23 hours ago, with 2 hours of sleep before that. I am not exactly thinking straight, you might say.
That does suck. Putting down pets can be a very difficult thing to do.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:46 am

Post by thinktank »

Alright, I'm going to go out on a limb here and take a couple of scum picks and I'll explain my logic. I'm gonna say of the possible 2-3 three scum I calling Ceph and Greasy Spot.

Why?

Because of all the non-contributing players he seems to have conveniently missed Greasy Spot, who beside that long winded case day 1 (which was ultimately wrong) , has been non -contributive as well. So to miss something that big AND state that its the player who he's sure of as town. Something smells fishy.

FoS : Cephrir

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:42 am

Post by thinktank »

Where is Greasy Spot?

Mod: Could we please get a prod on Greasy Spot. He hasn't posted since Monday.

Done!

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:29 am

Post by thinktank »

Cephrir: If you think lurking is scummy. I don't see how in the blue hell you would not think Greasy Spot is scummy, and even more you put him on top of your protown list is even scummier because generally you don't put lurkers as pro-town because there's no such evidence. I don't know whether Greasy Spot is town or scum because honestly there's not enough to go on, so I don't see how logically you can put him on top of your "Most Pro Town List" with no evidence what so ever as well as miss him completely on your lurking list when you're compiling it as him and Killah are the the seemingly worst offenders to this.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by thinktank »

Cephrir wrote:I don't think lurking is a tell, usually. I meant to say that, but evidently I didn't. And I do have evidence, but it's meta-evidence. I suppose he is lurking though, and a bit worse than you. Nobody can ever beat k7 for sheer lurking power, of course :roll:
So you're basing your top town pick based on "meta". Sure meta can be useful some of the time but to definitively say something that is very contrary to the actual evidence presented seems like a really bad idea. I can't buy such an argument because its just really bad....

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:04 am

Post by thinktank »

I think it's claiming time Cephrir.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #23) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:04 am

Post by thinktank »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
icemanE wrote:
Ceph wrote: Light-kun is now confirmed town unless there are only 2 mafia.
Why is he confirmed town? He's voting for the person you view as most likely town - I don't see the connection.
He's saying that because Light hasn't hammered him, he can't be scum. Of course this is working on a lot of ifs.
A lot of the stuff he has said has been quite shady. No surprise he's at lynch-1 right now.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:42 am

Post by thinktank »

Cephrir wrote:Drat. I was actually at lynch-2, hoping to catch someone attempting hammer, but oh well.

I'm a tracker. Night 1 I tracked Greasy Spot to nobody; last night I tracked elvis to me.
Claim is quite suspicious indeed and just seems like a false claim to avoid lynch. However, based on evidence your claim is very likely to be false.

Like the griffin riders from warcraft love to say, "It's Hammer Time"

vote: Cephrir

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:25 am

Post by thinktank »

Flawless Victory!

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:31 am

Post by thinktank »

The game was relatively secured in our hands but just in case the game went to another day for whatever reason, we'd pretty much win no matter what. The only one of us that was likely to get lynched was killa seven and we could have gotten Greasy Spot lynched over Killa because all arguments applying to Killa apply to greasy to a whole different extent. Plus that las post from Cephrir clinched it for us.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:34 am

Post by thinktank »

sorry to double but our suspicions were bang on the entire game, now that I think of it.

OMGl was vig. Killed him night one
Night two we thought about Cephrir or Elvis. One turned out to be a cop and the other an SK.

thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #28) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 am

Post by thinktank »

Lord Gurgi wrote:The scum had this game pretty easy. A game with SC and DP as town is going to be a scum win. They just play dang scummy. I will give points to Icemane for avoiding my scumdar. :(
Ha ha. That's true. There was no work involved in the first two days. Stranger and Doc pretty much got themselves lynched.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”