mini #585 - A Tempest Has Formed (Over), Thanks Patrick!!

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:40 am

Post by iamausername »

/Confirm
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:23 am

Post by iamausername »

Vote: alvinz95
for being first alphabetically.

I'm making it a tradition. You got lucky this time, ashmite. :P
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by iamausername »

Maybe he was making his vote appear on the second page to make sure everyone sees it. Trying to start a bandwagon, perhaps?

Yes, I'm reaching. :roll:
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by iamausername »

Well, FoSes don't really mean anything in terms of game mechanics, it's just an established shorthand for "I find this person suspicious, but, for whatever reason, don't wish to vote for them at this time".

That said, I'm not really sure what Gaspode was getting at with the accusation. Scum often try having someone else vote for them, then "change" their vote to them again? I don't think it's suspicious that ashmite commented on the strangeness of Mellowed Man's actions, because it was a really strange thing to do.

I'm on board for a "evilgorrilaz likes bandwaggoning" bandwagon, so
Unvote, Vote: evilgorrilaz
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:17 am

Post by iamausername »

alvinz95 wrote:
I'm not a big fan of rundowns in general, especially organized mass ones. I just don't find them all that productive. Also, I almost never think about who's "most townly"--my focus is always on who's most suspicious.
Actually, people stating who they think is the most townly could prove to be useful later, when scum is lynched or NK'ed by the vigilante. Scum may have stated their partner like that, if they were stupid enough. But you do have a point. This is scum-hunting.
It also holds a big sign above someone's head saying "Scum, here's your night kill!" I really don't think the potential positives (which, as you say, only apply if the scum are stupid, and it's always best to assume they aren't) outweigh the potential negatives.
alvinz95 wrote:I leaning towards Elias because he is definitely experienced, (2128 posts!), and his scum record is considerably high and has been scum 11 times (
not like it has anything to do with this game, but hey, it might!
). IC's usually won't lurk like that. I'm not sure at all, but if there is one scum in those group of lurkers, then I'd say Elias.
I'm with you on the anti-lurker feelings, but singling out Elias, no. ICs lurk all the time. And the bit about his high scum record is the very definition of Gambler's Fallacy. I really don't like the bit I've bolded especially, and the whole post in general seems like an attempt to start a bandwagon based on some really shaky evidence, with enough disclaimers put in for alvinz to weasel out of any responsibility for it.

Not sure it's substantial enough for a vote, but I'm definitely getting a bad vibe from alvinz, and I'll be keeping an eye out for more.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:45 am

Post by iamausername »

As I said, it's not substantial enough for a vote. I'm just throwing some ideas out to see what the reactions are, because we've still not got a lot to go on so far.
alvinz95 wrote:I don't think Elias is scum at all (lynch all lurkers is a bad policy), but, what I meant was that if there was scum in that group then I would say Elias. I'm not starting a wagon at all. I was just agreeing with Gaspode on the lurker opinion and giving a thought on it. Non of that was "evidence" to support a Elias lynch, because he is BY FAR, not on my scum list, because lynching someone just because they are lurking is not townly at all, especially if they have only posted one thing. The scum record was just tagged in for fun hence the parenthesis and "not like it has anything to do with this game, but hey, it might" which shows that it was merely a small joke. And, in the games I've played in, IC's usually don't lurk, and will give a heads up if they're going to be away. I find that you are getting irritated of such a menial thing like a small comment on lurkers, which isn't scumhunting, but just a thought. And you've misinterpreted some parts like the overall meaning (you think that I'm seriously scum-hunting, like using statistics as evidence, but I'm actually not) which is scummy.
I still disagree that Elias is any more likely to be scum than any other lurkers. And your 'joke' didn't read like one to me, but that's completely subjective, and I'll accept that you're probably telling the truth there.
alvinz95 wrote:And can you reexplain "Scum, here's your night kill!" I'm not too sure what you mean. Can't scum determine who's most townly them selves? (if that is what you mean)
Well, if there's a certain player that a lot of people say in thread is pro-town, and no one thinks is scummy, scum will be likely to NK them because they'll know for sure that they'll have trouble getting a bandwagon going on that person, and there won't really be any way to link them to the kill. I mean, sure, to a certain extent, they can find the most townie looking players without our help, but people stating it in thread just gives them a more definite idea of their best targets without any particular benefit to the town.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:20 am

Post by iamausername »

OK, first of all,
unvote
, because my vote wasn't a particularly serious one when I made it, and really shouldn't still be there.

I think Gaspode is entirely correct that alvinz and Cream's argument mostly has nothing to do with scumhunting at this point. Attempting to quantify phrases like "completely uncalled for" is not at all useful, please stop it.

I've read through the game again, and I'm really having trouble coming to a firm conclusion, because pretty much everyone in this game seems fairly tough to get a read on. I'm still wary of alvinz, for the reasons stated earlier, but Mellowed Man pinged my scumdar more on reread. A lot of it is gut feeling, which I know is not particularly helpful, but I think he's been more wagon-happy than evilgorrilaz, and just generally seems to be acting fairly opportunistically.

So,
Vote: Mellowed Man
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by iamausername »

Well, I've replaced into a 30+ page game with a deadline in about 24 hours, so that's obviously taking priority right now, but I'm still checking up on this one.

Mod: Can we get a prod on Mellowed Man?
He hasn't posted since Tuesday, and I'm waiting for his input in particular.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:51 am

Post by iamausername »

Mellowed Man wrote:Alright, so for some reason I think iamusername and alvinz95 are like a pair, it is just an illusion that came to my mind when rereading the 1st post of Iamusername, on page 5, etc. and so on.

Post 100 by iamusername has me on the edge, so I will try to explain tomorrow.
Still waiting for this explanation, Mellowed Man.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:10 am

Post by iamausername »

He just posted a few hours ago, that's why I brought it up again.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:23 am

Post by iamausername »

Looks more like you gave up on the wagon when no one else took the bait to me. Maybe you should try reading post 100 again, see if it jogs your memory, since it had you so "on the edge" before.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by iamausername »

I'm pretty sure that was a mistake, and LaptopGun is actually replacing ashmite84, who requested it a while back. It's pretty easy to get those names confused.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:01 am

Post by iamausername »

Except that ashmite originally needed replacing because he can't get online for a week, so we'd still be waiting for someone to get back to us.

I guess we'll just have to play on as best we can until we can find out for sure. Shouldn't matter too much, because Mellowed Man is our lynch for today, guys. :P
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:03 am

Post by iamausername »

Yeah, I don't think the situation is dire enough for the game to need abandoning. It sucks for LaptopGun, but there's nothing we can really do about that now. I'm enjoying the game, and I'm sure we can recover from this setback.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by iamausername »

Awesome, we're fully staffed again. Cheers, Patrick, and our awesome replacements.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by iamausername »

Skruffs wrote: iamausername:
Do you have something against FOSes? FOSes are basically weak lines of thought that a person is not willing to avctually vote for: it's basically saying, "If all else fails later in the game, come back here and push this." I get the impression from your post 53 that you would rather not have them.

Eh, I don't mind that other people use them, but they don't seem to serve any real purpose, as far as I can see. If you're suspicious of someone, that should be obvious from the fact that you are questioning them or explaining your reasons for finding them suspicious. And if you're not doing that, well, you should be.
Skruffs wrote:Other than that, it's interesting that you are willing to stick your neck out for other people so early in the game, like in your defense of my predecesser earlier in the game.
Well, I had to go back and reread to remember what you were talking about. To be fair, I think that was at least as much about questioning Gaspode's reasoning in Post 40 as it was defending ashmite. And I now note that Gaspode never actually did explain that one. Maybe I should drop a FoS on him for that. :wink:
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:24 am

Post by iamausername »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Iamausername
: Seems solidly town so far. My only problem with him is lack of any real suspicions laid out, besides Mellowed Man of course. I'll see whether I agree with you when I get down to him. But yeah,
I'd like some thoughts on more than just him, and (if possible) more than just gut reasoning.
For now, I have a
town
read on him.
Fair enough.

I've given another reread to try to pick out new stuff, but I can't say it's unearthed very much. I note that alvinz does a whole lot of OMGUSing - pretty much any time someone's posted suspicions of him, he's FoSed them for it and attacked them as much as defended himself. Could be scum trying to intimidate people into backing away from him (if so, I'm embarrassed to admit that it apparently worked on me), could just be hotheaded town. Still don't like his craplogic on Elias -
Alvinz, since you admit that that wasn't scumhunting, why did you think it
would
help the town?

Coheed mostly just gives newbie tells rather than scum or town tells, but I'm agreeing with the suspicion about Post 247, the order he listed doesn't say much, since he's just reciting the order that they're listed on the wiki, but the fact that he's looking for anything besides scum at this point is extremely dodgy.

That's really the only two besides Mellowed Man that I've seen anything scummy enough to be worth mentioning at this point, but mainly my reread cemented my suspicions of MM. I still think the changing his random vote to the same person it was originally on is sketchy, and I think ashmite's theory on that makes more sense than anything else, I really hate his "Oh, I forgot" excuse, he hasn't made a remotely substantial post for over a week now, and his "36.89 hours" have now passed. I'd say he definitely needs more pressure at this point, because it looks to me like he's trying to slip under the radar.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:10 am

Post by iamausername »

alvinz95 wrote:
iamausername wrote:Alvinz, since you admit that that wasn't scumhunting, why did you think it would help the town?
It would help discussion moving as I said before... Like random votes get discussion rolling but they aren't scum-hunting.
And did you not think that by that stage of the game (Post 94, most of the way through page 4, btw), there were more useful things you could be doing, like, say, actually scumhunting?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #18) » Thu May 01, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by iamausername »

Mellowed Man wrote:
Vote: Matt_S

Young man, you need to explain your actions.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #19) » Sat May 03, 2008 11:26 am

Post by iamausername »

Wait, if you're town, and he's scum, but people are seeing you as scummy, why would it be a good idea for him to buddy up with you?

Votecount

Alvinz95 (2) -- Gaspode, Cream147
Mellowed Man (1) -- iamausername
CoheedCambria09 (2) -- Marmalade, Elias_the_thief
Cream147 (2) -- Alvinz95, populartajo
Matt_S (1) -- Mellowed Man

Not voting: Matt_S, Skruffs, Evilgorrilaz
12 alive, 7 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #20) » Sun May 04, 2008 11:23 pm

Post by iamausername »

Mellowed Man wrote:No access till May 10 due to finals.
Well, great. Still think MM is scummiest, but there's no point trying to pressure him when he's not even here, so
Unvote, Vote: Coheed
. He seems to have vanished since his big "oh, the wiki only tells you how to catch scum, that's no help" mistake, maybe he's hoping we'll forget about him. No such luck.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #21) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:49 am

Post by iamausername »

Well, we've had 13 pages, that ought to be enough to get some kind of read on everyone. Who do you think is most likely scum, and why?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #22) » Tue May 06, 2008 7:19 am

Post by iamausername »

Skruffs wrote:Again:
If you think someone is scummy why would you give them an out by saying you will wait until they are 'back'? If I was scum and someone quasi defended me by saying "well let's let him get away with it until he gets back" - do you think I would make any effort to 'come back'? Considering I would have a free ride until then?
Fos: iamausername
and possibly mellowman.
Mellowed Man specified a date that he'll be coming back, and trust me, I'll be right back on his case as soon as May 10th rolls around. But until then, I can better serve the town by putting pressure on other scummy players.

I was also getting pretty frustrated with the fact that everybody else seems to have been perfectly happy to let him get away with extremely scummy behaviour for so long. There's no point in voting for him if no one else is going to even when he never makes a post longer than one line, casts suspicion on someone without giving a reason and then says "oh, I forgot" when pressed for one, makes a post saying "I'll catch up in 36 hours" then doesn't post again for almost a week, and when he does it's just to vote for someone for no apparent reason, again.

I'm actually kind of outraged that you're getting at
me
for going easy on him.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #23) » Wed May 07, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote:he never makes a post longer than one line, casts suspicion on someone without giving a reason and then says "oh, I forgot" when pressed for one, makes a post saying "I'll catch up in 36 hours" then doesn't post again for almost a week, and when he does it's just to vote for someone for no apparent reason, again.
Skruffs, here's me bringing to light some things I find scummy about Mellowed Man. Care to discuss?

I'm pretty confused by what point you're trying to make with the Satan analogy, but in the game of Mafia, I absolutely think it's a good idea to give someone a chance to convince you that they aren't actually evil before you lynch them. If I could convince you and five others that MM is scum, would you be fine with lynching him right now without giving him a chance to respond?

And I think it needs to be said that I'm NOT dropping the case on Mellowed Man. I was planning to put it on the backburner and pursue other avenues while he's away, and bring it back to the fore when he returns. That said, I also think there is a good chance of Coheed being scum, and his response to my vote was deeply unsatisfying.

CoheedCambria09 wrote:Limited to no access until Monday May 12th
:lol: Well then,
Unvote, Vote: Mellowed Man
. I don't think anyone besides these two deserves my vote, and he's the scummier of the two. Guess I'll just have to sit and twiddle my thumbs for a couple of days.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #24) » Wed May 07, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by iamausername »

Mellowed Man wrote:I think you (Iamausername) are onto me for one reason:

I pointed you out as scummy, with another person earlier in the game, and you have "suspected" me since. What a reaction!
Maybe if you'd actually had any reason to point to me as scummy, this would be a reasonable point.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #25) » Sun May 11, 2008 4:59 am

Post by iamausername »

Mod:
Can we get prods on Marmalade and populartajo? Both have been active elsewhere on the site recently, but not posted here in over a week.
evilgorrilaz wrote:
Skruffs wrote:IT's a toss up between Cream and Coheed at the moment,a nd since Coheed is AFK for the next ten days, I can't very well vote him, can I?
Skruffs wrote:If I was scum and someone quasi defended me by saying "well let's let him get away with it until he gets back" - do you think I would make any effort to 'come back'
Can you explain to me your sudden change of heart?
This needs an answer.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #26) » Sun May 11, 2008 5:16 am

Post by iamausername »

So why would you be voting for Coheed if you weren't busy attacking straw men?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #27) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:05 am

Post by iamausername »

Votecount

Alvinz95 (2) -- Gaspode, Cream147
Mellowed Man (3) -- iamausername, Elias_the_thief, Matt_S
CoheedCambria09 (1) -- Marmalade
Cream147 (3) -- Alvinz95, populartajo, Skruffs
Matt_S (1) -- Mellowed Man

Not voting: Evilgorrilaz
12 alive, 7 to lynch.

Skruffs wrote: I am not sure what your very last post means: Is Cream147 a straw man? IF so, why? How? what is a strawman?

Please explain yourself better because your question strikes me as the equivalent of "Are you still beating your wife?"
Yes, it was a bit of a leading question.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Straw_Man

"A "Straw man" argument (also called "setting up a straw man") involves mischracterizing your opponent's position in order to present a weaker argument than they have actually given, thereby allowing you to defeat it. It usually involves subtle changes to the given facts of the matter, or minor changes to wording that lead to semantic differences in what is said."

Your straw man argument here is "some players think that you must never attack players who are absenttee". Nobody has said this.

I presented a clear case for why I think Mellowed Man is scum, and was waiting for a response to him. When he indicated that he'd be away, and thus unable to provide this response for a few days, I temporarily turned my attentions to another player I found scummy, because
in this particular case
, I didn't feel that I could progress any further with Mellowed Man without receiving a response.

You, on the other hand, have made virtually no arguments for why you think Coheed is scum, and are now calling him scummy but failing to provide these arguments based on your straw man.

So, rephrasing my original question; what do you think is scummy about Coheed? If he wasn't currently absent, would you be voting him over Cream? If so, why did you decide to vote against what you actually believe in order to prove a (fallacious) point?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #28) » Thu May 15, 2008 9:03 am

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote:
alvinz95 wrote:
iamausername wrote:Alvinz, since you admit that that wasn't scumhunting, why did you think it would help the town?
It would help discussion moving as I said before... Like random votes get discussion rolling but they aren't scum-hunting.
And did you not think that by that stage of the game (Post 94, most of the way through page 4, btw), there were more useful things you could be doing, like, say, actually scumhunting?
Never got an answer to this, alvinz.

Mellowed Man wrote:First off, Iamusername never had a clear case.
I thought the last paragraph of Post #272 was pretty concise. You could maybe argue that it's not a
good
case, but I don't think I was lacking clarity.
populartajo wrote:And I agree with someone that said that this game has become a bit repetitive for my taste. To regain conversation, how about everyone posting their top suspects. Cool?
Well, mine's pretty much the same as the last time I posted it; Mellowed, Coheed, alvinz. Although I'm starting to think Skruffs might have a point on Matt with the mason fishing.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #29) » Mon May 19, 2008 11:35 am

Post by iamausername »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:No access until Monday May 19th.
Welcome back!

. No more lurking, please.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #30) » Wed May 21, 2008 3:01 am

Post by iamausername »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:Lurking, I've been away for the past 2 weekends (4-5 days each, long weekend + conference) and have been bogged down with my OSAID stuff, I'll reread and try to post tomorrow or wednesday, i have a huge history essay due on. And evilz why do you think I'm so scummy?
Posting just to say you're not lurking doesn't count as not lurking. You haven't really said anything for about a month.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #31) » Mon May 26, 2008 11:37 am

Post by iamausername »

Either Coheed is scum or I got some scum following me onto his wagon.
Mellowed Man wrote:
Skruffs wrote:

Either Coheed or popular is the vote for the day, neither of these playeres are really going out there and stating their observations. Let's just do this.
Looks like you're giving up on making a case on someone you ACTUALLY appear to think is scum.

=/

Same to others who have decided let's vote Coheed because he lurks like crazy. Then, he comes up townie, what next? I'm not buying it yet.
Mellowed is probably either pro-town or Coheed's buddy.
CoheedCambria09 wrote:I just went back and read my posts, and found who I had thought to be most suspicious, and then read their posts, and that person was Cream.
I just went back and read your posts and you mentioned Cream once up to this point, saying alvinz had good points against him, but you'd wait for Cream to respond. Evilgorrilaz, on the other hand, was mentioned as suspicious in ten posts, including two votes. Please explain this discrepancy.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #32) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by iamausername »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:Cream was the last person I had said I was suspicious of
This is also not true, quite a few of your posts claiming suspicions of evilgorrilaz came after your post on Cream.
I'll be fine with a tajo lynch
Why?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #33) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:56 am

Post by iamausername »

Skruffs wrote:Iamausername: You slipped a vote on Coheed earlier, but I'm not sure as to why?
I've been saying for a long time that I don't think he's been contributing at all, and there's also the fact that he made this post [emphasis mine]:
CoheedCambria09 wrote:Agreed about Jeep's tells, over half of them are not even finished,
though they can be helpful for finding
Cop, Doc, or
Scum there isnt much else there.
That, and the fact that Mellowed has been looking more pro-town to me lately, was my initial reason for switching my vote to Coheed.

Since then, my suspicions have been further increased by his claiming that Cream has always been the person he's been most suspicious of, when there's a lot of evidence in his earlier posts that suggests that this isn't the case, and now his "I'll go along with a populartajo lynch" post.

Basically, I think he's been going along with whatever townie wagons are popular - evilgorrilaz was the biggest wagon early in the day, when that fizzled out, we got this:
CoheedCambria09 wrote:there really is no reason anymore, therfore
unvote
Then, at a stage when Cream had two votes and a few other players finding him suspicious, Coheed decided to go along with that and suggest that he'd been thinking that way all along. Now populartajo gets two votes, and suddenly Coheed wants to lynch him too!

Skruffs wrote:and now youa re saying that someone else is either town OR coheed's buddy, which infers you are still sure coheed is scum.
It infers that if we lynch Coheed and he turns up town, I think Mellowed is town too. Nothing else.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #34) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by iamausername »

Here's an unofficial one:
Count Counter wrote:
TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL Vote Count
, powered by The Count-Counter 2000

CoheedCambria09- 3 (Marmalade, iamausername, evilgorrilaz)
Cream147- 3 (alvinz95, populartajo, CoheedCambria09)
alvinz95- 2 (Gaspode, Cream147)
populartajo- 2 (Skruffs, Mellowed Man)
Mellowed Man- 1 (Elias_the_thief)

Not voting (1): Matt_S

7 to lynch.
Why no vote, Matt?

Also, trying to get all 12 names from memory reminds me that we need a
prod/replacement on Marmalade especially, and probably prods on Elias & Gaspode
wouldn't hurt.
We also need to just freaking lynch someone (eg. Coheed) already. 20 pages in, and I don't think anyone's even had HALF the votes required for a lynch at any one time.

For your convenience:

Good votes = Coheed
Acceptable votes = alvinz, Mellowed, Matt

Let's pick one already.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (isolation #35) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:43 am

Post by iamausername »

alvinz95 wrote:If you can explain the whole Coheed argument in one post, in PERSUASION, I might consider voting Coheed. All i've gotten is that he's been unactive and has done nothing.
I did this already on the previous page. Pay attention.
alvinz95 wrote:Are you implying Cream isn't a good lynch?
Well, my list of "acceptable votes" was really a list of "people I would consider changing my vote to if the general consensus is that Coheed isn't a good lynch". But yes, Cream wasn't on the list, so that is certainly an implication that could be taken from my post.
alvinz wrote:Why are you asking people to vote Coheed?
Because I think we should lynch scum, and he's the most likely candidate as far as I'm concerned.
alvinz95 wrote:(if you were scum, this could very well be a move to lynch a townie quick)
Not a very good one.
What makes mellowed man and Matt S acceptable lynches?
I'm not going to repeat my points against Mellowed yet again. I probably should pin down my case on Matt in a concrete way, because I don't believe I've done so yet. Got a big post to write for a newb game I just replaced into, but I'll try to get onto Matt after I'm done with that.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #36) » Wed May 28, 2008 10:44 am

Post by iamausername »

Matt_S wrote:
iamausername wrote:Why no vote, Matt?
Cuz I didn't get around to revoting Mellowed Man.
OK, so why not do that now?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #37) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:49 am

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Iamausername: You slipped a vote on Coheed earlier, but I'm not sure as to why?
I've been saying for a long time that I don't think he's been contributing at all, and there's also the fact that he made this post [emphasis mine]:
CoheedCambria09 wrote:Agreed about Jeep's tells, over half of them are not even finished,
though they can be helpful for finding
Cop, Doc, or
Scum there isnt much else there.
That, and the fact that Mellowed has been looking more pro-town to me lately, was my initial reason for switching my vote to Coheed.

Since then, my suspicions have been further increased by his claiming that Cream has always been the person he's been most suspicious of, when there's a lot of evidence in his earlier posts that suggests that this isn't the case, and now his "I'll go along with a populartajo lynch" post.

Basically, I think he's been going along with whatever townie wagons are popular - evilgorrilaz was the biggest wagon early in the day, when that fizzled out, we got this:
CoheedCambria09 wrote:there really is no reason anymore, therfore
unvote
Then, at a stage when Cream had two votes and a few other players finding him suspicious, Coheed decided to go along with that and suggest that he'd been thinking that way all along. Now populartajo gets two votes, and suddenly Coheed wants to lynch him too!
Quoting this post because apparently no one can read further back than the most recent page!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #38) » Thu May 29, 2008 9:58 am

Post by iamausername »

No, I'm pretty sure it would be better to lynch scum.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #39) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by iamausername »

OK,
unvote
, obviously.
Matt_S wrote:I'll wait for the rest of the town to check in with any possible counterclaims before voting
Do we really want counterclaims? Isn't there a chance that we have more than one cop? And even if Coheed is lying, do we actually want our cop (if we have one at all) to out himself immediately?
Matt_S wrote:but I highly prefer Mellowed Man over populartajo.
What about the 8 other players in the game besides yourself and Coheed?

You know what,
Vote: Matt_S
. This "I'm going to wait and see how everyone else votes before I commit myself to anything" attitude he's been displaying latey has pushed it over the edge.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #40) » Thu May 29, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by iamausername »

Matt_S wrote:it'll sure suck if we get to LYLO before someone counterclaims.
I severely doubt we'll be in lylo on D2 though.
Matt_S wrote:They're below Mellowed Man, obviously. That's why I was voting Mellowed Man before.
OK, but is anyone besides Mellowed higher than anyone else?
Matt_S wrote:You mean the fact that I didn't revote because arguments involving other players could have revealed new info? Or the fact that I'm waiting for responses to someone's claim?
Yes.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #41) » Thu May 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by iamausername »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:my proposition is that a normal townie tell me that they are normal townie, and I will investigate them and see what happens. This is all depending on us having a doc.
Coheed, you are aware that the mafia are allowed to lie in this game, right?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #42) » Thu May 29, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by iamausername »

Cream147 wrote:
populartajo wrote:Yay for activity
I know! I love it like this!
It's great.

HAY GUYS, THERE'S ABOUT 7 OF US HERE, LET'S ALL SPEEDLYNCH ELIAS! :D
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (isolation #43) » Thu May 29, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by iamausername »

Cream147 wrote:Ok, I'm going to bed now, but I plan on rereading in the morning with a smarter head on me hopefully!
You forgot to vote Elias.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #44) » Thu May 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by iamausername »

alvinz95 wrote:Populartajo, I find that you have a completely different type of game in this than in 556. No scumhunting, just hanging around. Scum?
If that's an ongoing game, you're not supposed to talk about it outside its own thread.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #45) » Thu May 29, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by iamausername »

Little Italy
Moderator: List Mod