Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Ectomancer checking in. Prepare to be manipulated.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

@Yvonne - Not everyone can actually pull off the single minded townie ploy without getting lynched. If you plan to use a strategy that will bring on the heat, make sure you have more practice taking it and keeping it away.

@Xtoxm - Why don't you just wear a T-shirt that says "I'm scum!"? Snix, you could wear the T-shirt that says "I'm with the goon" with an arrow that points to Xtoxm.

unvote, vote Xtoxm
. I want to lynch him "based on what he said."
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Snix wrote:
Ectomancer wrote: @Xtoxm - Why don't you just wear a T-shirt that says "I'm scum!"? Snix, you could wear the T-shirt that says "I'm with the goon" with an arrow that points to Xtoxm.
It's reasonable to backlash at the people who want you dead but you're predesesor had dug herself a deep hole and you aren't doing much to try and get yourself out of it. IMO
Your moral support of Xtoxm proposing to lynch a player before a replacement arrives has little to do with my predecessor (other than her actions setting up the scenario itself). It is acceptable that you may not like it, but if you are town, you take the hand you are dealt, wait for the replacement, and put the screws to
them
. This effort to remove a player whose voice has gone silent does not sit well with me.

Now, if you believe my predecessor had dug herself such a deep hole, you wont mind describing the dimensions of this hole in your own words would you?

@neko - I might get around to it, we'll see if I have the time. I started reading backwards, and then picking some individuals to look at based upon what I was seeing.

As for what Yvonne was trying to do, I suspect it was along the lines of ABR's method as outlined here:

viewtopic.php?t=7958

The problem with singlemindedness (and especially early with not much to press your case with) is that you are just as likely to take heat yourself. Someone like ABR can take it and dish it back. The playstyle works for him.
She did fairly well, getting up to 3 votes on ThAdmiral. That's good material, but her problem was she also managed 5 votes on herself and appears to have lacked either the time or the ability to deflect the attention.
Some people trying this playstyle are just going to get lynched. Hence my recommendation that she get more defensive experience before trying out that kind of style.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Scigatt wrote:What do you think about ThAdmiral?
Keep playing. You'll find out eventually. Are you wondering which way you need to lean to maintain your balancing act?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Cephrir wrote:Well, I know how Ecto's going to play now.
Not necessarily. I felt that he was looking for the answer in order to decide how he was going to play.

I'll bend a bit though. What I think of ThAdmiral is that he was Yvonne's target for singular focus.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I read you Dizzy.

I'd like you to explain yourself.

At the beginning of the game, you mentioned the Cop, and the idea that a lucky one might push for a lynch and look scummy.

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Something that doesn't seem to have been discussed regarding the people who have pushed for others to be lynched - is it not possible that one of the is the cop? As there is no Doc, the Cop isn't going to make a roleclaim this soon, and the Cop was able to investigate someone on Night Zero, meaning that, should they have taken advantage of this, they could very well know that someone is Mafia if they scored lucky, and given they want to protect their role, may be coming off as scummy. Just something we shoudl consider, I think.
You then try to appear helpful with the "I'd hate to lynch a cop by mistake" line. How about you let the Cop do their job and you quit hunting them?
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Well, I certainly don't think we should be actively seeking the Cop... just being mindful of the possibilities. I'd hate to lynch a cop by mistake, wouldn't you?
After all of this, it is very interesting then, that you are choosing to go after the player who had a singular, mostly unexplained focus. Isn't that what you warned us to watch out for? That maybe that person could be the Cop? Why then are you ignoring your own advice and voting for the role that fit your previous profile?

fos
Inconsistent play by our DizzyIzzy.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Of course it isn't a claim. It is an accusation against you of sniffing around a cop claim early, and then your persistent pursuit of a player that fit that profile. I'll let others decide whether "Yvonne's behavior was consistent with what you said", but for me, your attempt to say it wasn't is rather feeble.
This:
If she had definite knowledge he was scum, I'd expect a change of strategy when she realised hers wasn't working. That didn't happen.
ignores your earlier statement here:
they could very well know that someone is Mafia if they scored lucky, and given they want to protect their role, may be coming off as scummy. Just something we shoudl consider, I think.
And then asking me if I am claiming...

As I stated, I think Yvonne was going after the singular focus attack to generate material. It works well in that regard, especially if you can lure out a cop hunter like yourself. If you want, I can find the link to my mini where I all but claimed cop, and got a claim of cop out of scum with a guilty on me. I just smiled as I explained I wouldnt be counterclaiming, but that the real cop now knew for certain that he was scum.

I still think xtoxm is a good lynch, but you are looking like a good one too Dizzy. Your explanation falls short.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Scigatt wrote:
Marmalade wrote:
Scigatt, can you expand on your recent post?
I just didn't agree with with the way Ectomancer handled Dizzy. That's all.
fos
Ectomancer for being too aggressive.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Ectomancer »

To answer someone's question, I haven't finished going through everything yet. I read the first few pages, the few pages before I replaced in and everything since, and 3 (4?) individuals in entirety. I've been slammed at work (where I can normally make a lot of my posts) and it wont let it up until the end of this week.
I can't say that I'll be looking to come up with anything dramatic from there yet. I'm far too interested in DizzyIzzy right now, and you may call it OMGUS if you will, but I'm absolutely serious about my suspicion with his actions. I say we pinch him till he squeals.

unvote, vote DizzyIzzyB13

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:To answer someone's question, I haven't finished going through everything yet. I read the first few pages, the few pages before I replaced in and everything since, and 3 (4?) individuals in entirety. I've been slammed at work (where I can normally make a lot of my posts) and it wont let it up until the end of this week.
I can't say that I'll be looking to come up with anything dramatic from there yet. I'm far too interested in DizzyIzzy right now, and you may call it OMGUS if you will, but I'm absolutely serious about my suspicion with
his
actions. I say we pinch
him
till
he
squeals.

unvote, vote DizzyIzzyB13
Clearly your analysis of my actions can be considered to be at best flimsy given how much apparent attention you've been paying to me. Given that there's a helpful little icon right to the left of every post I make, getting the gender wrong is just bad form.
Some people are A/S/L obsessed. I don't happen to be one of those people. If it truly offends I can use the gender neutral pronoun "it" so as to be sure not to offend anyone else. Or I could be truly annoying and simply use the proper noun every time.

I can't say that I'll be looking to come up with anything dramatic from there yet. I'm far too interested in DizzyIzzy right now, and you may call it OMGUS if you will, but I'm absolutely serious about my suspicion with
DizzyIzzy
's actions. I say we pinch
DizzyIzzy
till
DizzyIzzy
squeals....

Now if we can get back to the actual topic, you may do what you wish, but I dont believe that simply saying that you hold my statement in low regard actually diminishes the strength of the argument. (neither does my gender choice in speech)

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Well I tried to salvage the role, but I believe that I remain the #1 NK target, and so am forced to give last nights results in order to avoid ThAdmiral slipping away tomorrow. I had decided to try to gain another investigation tonight by leaving him alive, hoping scum would chalk it up to the dumb luck that it was that Yvonne had gone straight and singularly after ThAdmiral and perhaps leave me alive tonight. I dont see ThAdmiral making that mistake. So.

Yvonne targeted ThAdmiral N0 and got a guilty return.

I stand by my assertion that DizzyIzzy was cop hunting, and congratulations, you found it. Dizzy needs to be lynched tomorrow.

Snix and Scigatt both for some reason struck me as the 3rd partner, but I'll have to go back and look to tell you why. The analysis was based upon my information that ThAdmiral is scum and Yvonne was cop.

ThAdmiral needs to be lynched today, but please do not do it yet. I'd like a chance to read through and give some more contribution, plus I'd like the chance to comment on your theories as well.

I dont think Xtoxm is scum.
I dont think Cephrir is scum.

Please don't vote each other.

(Dont take that as gospel later. Just my 2 cents at this point)

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I'm much better than to be lynched today. :ego: That's not the issue. My hope was to convince ThAdmiral that Yvonne was just pressuring a single person without much to go on aka ABR, but I felt the gig was up and he wasn't likely to let me live tonight. Rather than also give him the opportunity to slip a lynch, I opted to go ahead and give the result and then have the freedom to speak openly the rest of the day and give honest opinions.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:28 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

neko2086 wrote:Just curious, Ecto, how sure are you that xtoxm isn't scum?
Not very. Gut reaction for today. My feeling is playstyle may interfere with a read.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Ah, yes. The cop claim. How... expected. I eagerly await the counter-claim that seems the next logical step, so that we may decide which cop claimer is real.
Yes. Please counter-claim. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I admire your tenacity. Myself, I might have chosen a different tact. You know I am going to show up a Cop tomorrow morning, so you should have made sure that fact was taken into account in your reply today. It's unfortunate that you can't daychat with your partner or he would have told you that I am the play tonight. There is no advantage to leaving me alive and trying to play WIFOM with the town tomorrow and hope they lynch me. As soon as day breaks, I'll reveal my target and result. Even if town does lynch me at that point, the information is out, I turn up Cop and you are forced to kill my target if they were innocent, and you've really screwed yourself if I turn up another guilty.

@Neko - I did a full re-read on Xtoxm. Im really not sure anymore. He conveniently posted a town/scum list, which is telling in itself, but Im now getting the suspicion that by doing so he may have been trying to encourage the same from the rest of us, giving scum a nice place to work from to manipulate the lynch. After lynching ThAdmiral and Dizzy, I would simply scum hunt as usual.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Nobody, including me, said I was under pressure to be lynched. I was under pressure to be night killed (as you know). I opted to be crystal clear about the results and actions taken in game, rather than risk having the waters muddied by scum tomorrow for a chance at another investigation.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:48 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Its time to hear from everyone in the game. Weigh in on the developments and make your opinion known. No shirking.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

vote ThAdmiral

Good luck town.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Without beating everyone with a stick and making them make some kind of committed opinion of the days events (and the value of that is actually decreasing), I dont think you are going to get much of scum slipping up further from this point.
I'd say end the day. If you have something that needs said, put it out there and lets get this done.
I would still lynch Dizzy tomorrow.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Snix wrote:if, by some stroke of luck, you survive night are you going to investigate dizzy?
I'll investigate ThAdmiral again :wink:

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:59 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Cephrir wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:Without beating everyone with a stick and making them make some kind of committed opinion of the days events (and the value of that is actually decreasing), I dont think you are going to get much of scum slipping up further from this point.
I'd say end the day. If you have something that needs said, put it out there and lets get this done.
I would still lynch Dizzy tomorrow.
Mm, in a situation with a confirmed scum it's different, but in general this is not the case,
and it seemed that Xtoxm was making a broad argument.

Dizzy is still looking worse every post, and I didn't think she could get much worse.
I dont disagree with the bolded part.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Dizzy, nothing you can say today or tomorrow would prevent me from lynching you, however, if by a slim chance you are town, here is my suggestion:

Just because you are the lynch tomorrow doesn't mean that the day needs to be short. I think you should completely give up trying to defend yourself.
Take the lead tomorrow scum hunting. Find the scum. When you die, if you turn up town, they can go back and read what you had to say and give it the credence it deserves. You can die knowing you did your best.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:26 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I had a minor surgery today. Drugged up. Should be back tomorrow sometime. Probably too late for me, so go town :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”