mini #585 - A Tempest Has Formed (Over), Thanks Patrick!!

Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:16 pm

Post by Marmalade »

/Confirm.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Marmalade »

vote: Gaspode
because he lives in London and I'm going there tomorrow, w00t!
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Marmalade »

Gaspode wrote:FOS: marmalade and EvilGorrillaz. Random-voting someone who can't post doesn't do much good
I'm not sure I agree with your observation here; can you elaborate on your reasoning? (I do agree with the rest of your post, by the way.)
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Marmalade »

Golly Gee, Mellowed Man does seem to vote-hop a bit. Not that there is anything wrong with that per se, but changing without reason your random vote, unwittingly to the
same person
, seems fairly odd. Not sure about whether this is exactly suspicious. Just an observation, for now.

@Gaspode -- I can understand your early concern, but I'm fairly sure that this is only a playstyle difference.

(Also, I'm Scottish, and we do have internet, you know. :wink: ((Nah, I understand that you may not have had access where you were going. Only joking about the typical backward-nature that is perceived Scotland has.)))
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:09 am

Post by Marmalade »

alvinz95 wrote:
vote: marmalade

because everyone knows strawberry jam is better. :P
Everyone knows that this is a lie. :wink:
Evilgorrilaz wrote:
Gaspode wrote: FOS: CoheedCambria. The "no tells" and "discussion" posts are both small tells in themselves.
Disagree. The most we could discern from that is that he is trying to push the day and getting impatient, which is already a stretch.
And your early vote for MellowedMan
wasn't
a stretch? :wink: Seriously, this feels a bit odd.
evilgorillaz wrote:Also, lynch all lurkers
Joke?
evilgorillaz wrote:Alvinz, please explain why I deserve an FoS, even though you say urself that bandwagons early really mean little. Oh, and how am I wagon hyper?
I find it interesting that you comment on Alvinz FoS, but not Cambria's (unexplained) vote.
evilgorillaz wrote:Populartajo, I am not going to bring meta into this game, so don't ask me about my previous games, unless you want to go and look them up yourself.
Can you explain your aversion to metagaming?

I'm going to re-read Alvinz, but something feels slightly off about his posts so far. Not quite sure what, exactly.
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by Marmalade »

Evilgorrilaz wrote:
Marmalade wrote: Can you explain your aversion to metagaming?
I don't like it.
Explanation of why? As Gaspode says, it's pretty useful.
evilgorillaz wrote:
Marmalade wrote: And your early vote for MellowedMan wasn't a stretch? Seriously, this feels a bit odd.
As I said before, it was trying to get some discussion going.
It just seems odd to attack someone for doing something at a stretch when you did basically the same thing. I understand it is early in the game, but even some recognition that you were acting at a stretch would probably have been appropriate.

Not sure about Hypatia's post. Something about it makes me feel like something is off.
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:40 am

Post by Marmalade »

Sorry for not posting in a while.
CoheedCambria09 wrote:the reason would be that after reading through all the post, you just seem to be giving off a different vibe, i may be wrong, but thats what im getting, dont be worried, its a small fos, nothing to get jumpy about
This feels off.

I don't like Cream's evilgorillaz FoS -- it seems like it is for policy rather than for actual suspicion (being "bandwagon happy" isn't particularly strong reasoning.)
Alvinz wrote:Can everyone post who they think is the most scummy, and who is the most townly, and explain why?
Nu-uh. Sure, posting the most scummy is fine, but posting who is most townly, after four pages, is pretty useless, and also it is only the scum who really benefit.
evilgorrillaz wrote:@Marmalade
I don't like meta because I play differently in every game, so I might get my ass lynched if people start bringing up my games.
Um, don't you think that we could probably establish this with a meta?
evil wrote:Stop using complicated words Gaspode, like pretentious. I cannot comprehend it. Unless thats how Brits talk.
Trust me, we Brits have very limited vocabularies. :wink:
Alvinz wrote:Actually, people stating who they think is the most townly could prove to be useful later, when scum is lynched or NK'ed by the vigilante. Scum may have stated their partner like that, if they were stupid enough. But you do have a point. This is scum-hunting.
This feels
weird
Alvinz wrote:IC's usually won't lurk like that. I'm not sure at all, but if there is one scum in those group of lurkers, then I'd say Elias.
This is really a contrived reason for suspecting Elias.

FoS: Alvinz
. Almost all his posts give me a bad feeling.

I like iamusername, since he beat me to it with Alvinz concerns.
Alvinz wrote:And, in the games I've played in, IC's usually don't lurk, and will give a heads up if they're going to be away.
This is such an overwhelming generalisation. Also, I dislike the way you try to incriminate iamusername, since his concerns about you were spot on.
Mellowed Man wrote:Alvinz seems to be the either "totally defensive" or "totally agreeing personality."
At the same time, I just have an instinct he is scum.

For example, he says "I'm just saying" whenever he's trying to make a point, as if he's afraid that someone is going to point fingers at him. It bugs me..

Or, he will say I agree with you, on something or the other. He seems to be wanting to make what is nothing into something, and it looks poor =(
I thought this was pretty lame originally, but it actually makes a bit of sense (just isn't formatted or expressed very well.)

I like tajo's posts -- they're pretty spot on (although I don't know about his alvinz pro-town assertions).
alvinz wrote:Alright, so for some reason I think iamusername and alvinz95 are like a pair, it is just an illusion that came to my mind when rereading the 1st post of Iamusername, on page 5, etc. and so on.
I'd love an explanation of this, since I kinda think the opposite, to be honest.

I think cream exaggerated the case on alvinz, but alvinz seemed to be quite angry in response, accusing cream of essentially going completely over the top. I agree with Gaspode that neither come across particularly spectacularly from this exchange. Also, cream's response to alvinz is really scummy and exaggerated. Pretty sure this has gone to the "Oh no I didn't! Oh yes you did" part of the argument now, and is fairly irrelevant.

Also, Hypatia and Cambria are giving me bad vibes about their posts.

I find the evilgorrilaz wagon uninteresting.

I should summarise my stances:

I Like:
tajo, Gaspode
I'm Neutral:
Elias, evilgorrillaz, Mellowed Man, iamusername
I Don't Like:[/b] Hypatia, Cambria, Alvinz, Cream

I'd like to
unvote, vote: CoheedCambria09
. I don't like the way he basically never gives reasons for his votes and suspicions, and the ones he gives aren't al that great.

I'd also like to
FoS: Cream
, because his argument with Alvinz exaggerates his points and makes them more scummy to suit his argument. As for Alvinz, I don't particularly like the reasons that Cream brought up (albeit on a lesser level), and other parts of his posts. However, I'm concerned that some of my suspicion on Alvinz is policy related (Elias as the lurker-scum, advocating we tell who we think is the most-townie etc.), so I don't think I will Fos him directly.
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:41 am

Post by Marmalade »

Hm, it turns out I did FoS Alvinz. I think I will withdraw that FoS, though, since I'm unsure now about whether or not his points are being misconstrued by others.
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:58 pm

Post by Marmalade »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:
Marmalade wrote:
I'd like to
unvote, vote: CoheedCambria09
. I don't like the way he basically never gives reasons for his votes and suspicions, and the ones he gives aren't al that great.
I didn't go back and check, but I'm pretty sure I've only ever voted Evilgorrilaz. I believe I said that I voted for him for being initially wagon happy. My votes stayed on him, and I didn't think I had to continually justify why its there.
I don't really like this post.

Firstly, I never merely specified votes that you had to explain, but also suspicions.

Let's look at some examples:
Cambria wrote:the reason would be that after reading through all the post, you just seem to be giving off a different vibe, i may be wrong, but thats what im getting
Cambria wrote:It's not necessarily the wagon happy reason, I personally just have a bad feeling about you, It's just how I feel.
Cambria wrote:No, its not that type of reason, it's one of those gut feelings, the ones where if you lined up a bunch of people, there may be one or two that just stick out to you, not for any particular reason, but they just do, I have that feeling with you.
I think that is a good amount of examples to illustrate this point (also, some of them
do
seem to be about your evilgorrillaz vote.) I think it's pretty scummy to just claim "well, I just have this weird feeling about you!" and then use that as your main suspicion. It feels off to me.
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Marmalade »

Why are we launching what could become a problematic theoretical debate at this time? What exactly are the
advantages
of doing so?
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #10) » Fri May 02, 2008 1:01 am

Post by Marmalade »

Matt_S wrote:
CoheedCambria09

Well, he's new. I don't have much experience with newb scum tells, but he seems to have played fairly decently for someone new. Withholding judgment for now.
Really? All he has really discussed is his gut reads on evilgorrillaz, which are pretty scummy, I think.
Matt wrote:
Cream147

Makes strong attacks on alvinz95 which sound logical. Could be distancing though. I'm thinking protown.
Note: This could be interesting.

Matt wrote:
alvinz95

I really dislike his stance on Elias_the_thief. He seems to be trying to get an easy wagon on somebody experienced. Besides that, he has been unimpressive. Pretty scummy.
Can you back-up "he has been unimpressive"?

I agree with alvinz -- Cream's arguments have been unimpresive at best, and Matt's blatant siding with cream strikes me as significant. I'd also like to point out that Elias put cream at neutral, yet noted he was scummy.

I agree with the Cream hate, and still think Cambria is scum.

I also dislike the establishment of Jeep's scum tells and lynch all liars from Gaspode. Pray tell -- what exactly were you trying to achieve by bringing them up?

Elias, why is your read on Cream neutral?

I dislike MM's recent post as well.

Cambria -- can you explain why you are still voting for evilgorrilaz?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”