MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:02 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

/confirm

Let's get it started in here ....
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:13 am

No Vengeful game I've ever played has the Godfather been bulletproof. The game usually just doesn't end with him getting Venge-killed as opposed to lynched.

We've got all confirmations so I think votes probably count.

In that light

VOTE: Spyrex, with much love ....

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:03 am

@DonJohnson
– So you’ve ‘nailed’ kdowns and donjosh as scum. Why aren’t you voting for either?

I put nailed in quotes because it is clear you are working for reads. Why not apply some pressure to go with your 'pointed' comments?

--

kdowns wrote:Also Dj I am against directing the Shots as they can easilly be influenced by Scum.

When did DonJohnson say anything about directing shots?

--

I’m going to prod DonJosh

VOTE: DonJosh

Also DonJosh and DonJohnson should never be allowed to play in the same Mafia game again ... Usernames are too close ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:45 am

Ok, I see that now. Nevermind.

I have no problem with suggesting who to shoot. It's a policy that Mastermind of Sin used in the past (so the wiki says) to some success. It also give us more information to use relationally, even if a Townie lynched doesn't actually listen to the advice.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:52 am

In post 29, don_johnson wrote:MoI: i don't think voting should be done too lightly. in small games, scum can be overly aggressive as it only takes one townie mistake to lose the game. i.e. one mislynch and a bad vig shot and this games over. so a quicklynch is clearly in the best interest of scum. so i see no reason to vote as i don't really think the votes carry as much "pressure" as they would in a normal game. but maybe i'm wrong. i'm just not going to vote right off the bat on page 1 or 2. especially with my current access as it is. 12 hours away from my comp and this game could be over. so i'll take it slow.

I disagree from this standpoint -

1. Voting is even more important in Vengeful games. You have to consider playing for Day 2 (aka a worst case scenario). Town has very little information at hand so putting out as much information as possible for relational and other analysis long-term is best.
2. The 'danger' of a quicklynch is highly overrated. I've never seen a quicklynch that didn't end in Scum getting shot in non-Marathon games.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:51 pm

And now we wait for the reveal …

--

Spyrex wrote:I'm not here to write giant stories detailing out what is super awesome in that post.

I'm here to vote it and then watch MoI also vote it in a bit.

Damn, and I would have to after seeing that entry. It was worthy an Unvote and Revote

--

DonJohnson wrote:2. i quicklynch the shit out of unsuspecting townies all the time. your experience must be different than mine.

Other games strategy doesn’t really translate when every quicklynched Townie gets to shoot someone in the face.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:47 pm

DonJohnson's defense of Kdowns is noted for the record ...

I admit I have to wait for the flip to know the result. Unlike you Mr. Johnson, huh? Can't have DonJosh going shooting your partner. Cuts down on your win chances greatly.

Nice that you managed to get through the Day without so much as an actual vote on anyone. Just some mild suspicion.

Return to “Completed Open Games”