The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:06 am

Post by The Tick »

Tick (clutching super laser): The party's over scumbags! Give it up, or we'll write this whole place off the face of the Earth!

Werewolves and Mafia: Okay.
:(

If only it was that easy, like before...

Give me a minute to sort all this out, huh? I'll be back after racking my brains.
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

I have a glow you cannot see! A heart as big as the moon. As warm as bath water! We're TOWNIES man! We're not glamor boys! Not captains of industry! Not makers of things!

PC and laptops of MafiaScum; do you catch my drift?! Do...you...dig?!
The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:58 am

Post by The Tick »

DeityKabuto wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Okie dokie. It is interesting, Thor is one of those players that seem more active than they actually are. Possibly because he's mentioned so much? Idk

Thor is active because he's most likely scum pushing on innocent town lynch (Ray). He is trying so hard, so let's get shit over our minds and lynch him.

DeityKabuto
, Bro you're hopping like a kangaroo on speed. You've gone from suspecting Ray Montano to TheFool to Thor in just the span of a COUPLE PAGES. Scum or not, that's just insanity.

And you're still on notice for having breakdowns when in the hotseat. Whisper says that's just how you play--it's still destructive to the town.

WITH THAT SAID,
Thor's
case on
Montano
was pretty much baseless. What did he, or anybody for that matter, have on the guy? It started out as a random wagon, then the wagon was "justified" by Montano's lack of scumhunting...n1 scumhunting. Jesus Christ. Okay yeah, being active is important, but give it a damn PHASE at least to see if someone is really just dicking around. I mean come on...

I even think that if Montano had hit L-1, everybody would've backed off out of fear of a mislynch. Then we'd be right back to square one.

(And is it just me or does Thor remind anybody else of Gaston from Beauty in the Beast? I've been reading all his posts in Gaston's voice for some reason.)

Thor and DK are my scumreads right now.
The only town read is
CM Punk
. Don't mean to sound sexist, but she has a similar post style to many female Mafia newbies I've seen when playing. You know. Spunky, headstrong, but doesn't say too much unless the thread is really heated.

Plus her feud with Triple H has been pretty cool so far. Too bad Raw's ratings still suck.
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

I have a glow you cannot see! A heart as big as the moon. As warm as bath water! We're TOWNIES man! We're not glamor boys! Not captains of industry! Not makers of things!

The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:03 am

Post by The Tick »

Sky wrote:I was going to say something about whispersilk being on the fence myself, so I agree with what TheFool said. But she's come through with a good case against TheFool who I think is edging on scum.

Who do you lean towards more though?
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:12 am

Post by The Tick »

blindfaeth wrote:Ehhh... The Tick's suspects and town reads don't make me any less suspicious of him from his predecessor tyhess :|

Suspects and town reads aren't supposed to do that...

Unless there's someone in particular you're trying to gun for? Express yourself...
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:34 am

Post by The Tick »

I read tyhess's iso; the only thing I can flat out say was Goonish of him was the idea of "lynching experienced players because inexperienced scum will more likely give themselves up."

Part of me thinks he was just messing around and/or baiting for reactions ('specially when he wagoned Ray Montano baslessly, I think that was just pressure for pressure's sake).
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:00 am

Post by The Tick »

blindfaeth wrote:EBWOP: or maybe I was right...? lol >.>; anyway, will respond to more of that post later... hard to do so at work. I really shouldn't be on this site at all but I'm addicted (:

Ok so can we compromise or something? When you're being sarcastic can you like, change the font color to orange or something? Because seriously, if I can't tell when you are being sarcastic and when you are not - I'm not asking you to change your play style- but it becomes a language barrier.

Rule of thumb: If it sounds really stupid coming from someone who should know better, he's probably joking.
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:10 am

Post by The Tick »

Well, blindfaeth's off my heel list. I just don't think somebody who would go out of their way to ask somebody to stop being sarcastic so they could more clearly get a read could be Goonish. Too much town-like effort for somebody who would want a quick kill.
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:11 am

Post by The Tick »

ebwop: and no, that isn't an attempt at ass kissing or brown nosing. I'm saving that for the end game :lol:
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:39 am

Post by The Tick »

Ray Montano wrote:
Thor665 wrote:So are you agreeing the timing looks suspect from my angle to the point I could play the victim? Between the last time you called me town, and the time this wagon sprang up did you clarify a shift - because your post makes it sound like the shift already happened. What happened before the wagon to make the shift?

Not suspect. I think you overreacting to any suspicion on you was scummy. And that's exactly what changed my opinion on you. Your posting in response to blind.

I dunno. While I said earlier that Thor's building a wagon on you before seemed Goonish (and it did), I don't think his reaction to Blind is anything to worry about. Thor's just one of those histrionic, showy players, he's been doing things like that all game.
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by The Tick »

DeityKabuto wrote:
The Tick wrote:DeityKabuto, Bro you're hopping like a kangaroo on speed. You've gone from suspecting Ray Montano to TheFool to Thor in just the span of a COUPLE PAGES. Scum or not, that's just insanity.

And you're still on notice for having breakdowns when in the hotseat. Whisper says that's just how you play--it's still destructive to the town.

WITH THAT SAID, Thor's case on Montano was pretty much baseless. What did he, or anybody for that matter, have on the guy? It started out as a random wagon, then the wagon was "justified" by Montano's lack of scumhunting...n1 scumhunting. Jesus Christ. Okay yeah, being active is important, but give it a damn PHASE at least to see if someone is really just dicking around. I mean come on...

I even think that if Montano had hit L-1, everybody would've backed off out of fear of a mislynch. Then we'd be right back to square one.

(And is it just me or does Thor remind anybody else of Gaston from Beauty in the Beast? I've been reading all his posts in Gaston's voice for some reason.)

Thor and DK are my scumreads right now. The only town read is CM Punk. Don't mean to sound sexist, but she has a similar post style to many female Mafia newbies I've seen when playing. You know. Spunky, headstrong, but doesn't say too much unless the thread is really heated.

Plus her feud with Triple H has been pretty cool so far. Too bad Raw's ratings still suck.

Are you one of those retard subs?

No way in hell is CMPunk a confirmed Town on your read.
And if you were to post your reads, why only CM, Thor, and I
?

Cause those are the only reads I've gotten so far. Isn't it obvious?

I would throw down a vote, but since you accuse me of vote hopping, I will stay my vote on him.

If you REALLY weren't trying to vote hop, you wouldn't have even acknowledged my accusation. NOW, you wanna keep a vote after I called you out on it.

So you WERE vote hopping. I could chalk it up to a few things:

1. Inexperience (unsure how to approach the game) - You said before you know how this game works, so that can't be it.

2. Easily Swayed - You seem like a guy in touch with his emotions. It's possible you just vote based on whatever strikes you hardest at the moment. We've all done it.

3. Flying Under Radar - You could be Scum. By changing your vote alot, you can be active without having to pretend to hunt or get your hands too dirty. And nobody could accuse you of any Anti-Town actions.

I just wish that I could vote multiple people at once, that how I feel right now, if I could it would be you...

So you suspect me, huh? Is it cause you don't trust my read on Punk? Or cause I targeted you?

Call me retarded all you want, bro. But you know, you still haven't explained why you went berserk when questioned.

And they were pretty innocent questions, too.

I understand you're an emotional guy, but surely you can recollect yourself in the time it takes to type a whole post. I mean, I do it all the time when the internet makes me upset.

For someone to get so frazzled by questioning sounds a little defeatist--like you're scared you might answer wrong, so you avoid answering entirely.
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by The Tick »

blindfaeth wrote:
@The Tick, just curious why have you refrained from voting up to this point and do you have any other reads?

I don't like to vote until I'm sure someone is scum.

For you, I'll run down my thoughts on everybody in this game piece by piece.

Thor - This Ray wagon you're trying to build irks me. Besides his unwillingness to cooperate with you, it just doesn't have any backbone to it (unless I'm missing something).

BBMolla - Got nothing on him. He loses points for the "self votes don't help the town" spiel during RVS. I'm sure Kabuto was just doing it for laughs.

DeityKabuto - I guess he's stopped all the appeals to emotion and raging. While that's still going to be on my mind, he's scrolling down to null-scum instead of outright scum

DonJosh - No read.

TheFool - No read.

blindfaeth - His interrogation tactics are too thorough to seem Goonish.

Whispersilk - Nada.

CMPunk - I say newbtown just based on posting style.

Ray Montano - No read. He DOES need to speak up more, but that's no problem, until it becomes a persistent issue.

Sky - See Ray.

FightingShadow - See Sky and Ray.
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:29 pm

Post by The Tick »

Thor665 wrote:
The Tick wrote:Thor - This Ray wagon you're trying to build irks me. Besides his unwillingness to cooperate with you, it just doesn't have any backbone to it (unless I'm missing something).

The case for the sun being bright, ignoring it's luminescence, doesn't have any backbone to it, unless I'm missing something.

Very poetic. :cool:

Still, for just a couple seconds, pretend you're the teacher and I'm the student. Teach me why we should whack this guy.
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:21 am

Post by The Tick »

Ray, did you really switch your read on Thor to null? Based on what?

For that matter, what originally made you think he was town?
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:27 am

Post by The Tick »

.cont from above: That's probably the only part of Thor's argument that sticks out to me, and the only one that needs to. You're gonna have to answer for that Ray.
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by The Tick »

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 4#p3300514

That there is post 191, AKA, The Smoking Gut. That's where Thor first started really gunning for Ray.

Does it strike anyone else as weird that Thor called him out for not scumhunting enough, when the thread was just coming off of a bunch of Policy Lynch drama, where EVERYONE had their eyes set on one guy?
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

Return to “Completed Open Games”