Open 304 - Hard Boiled, Game Over. Was DY's Dystopia saved?

Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #0) » Tue May 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Surye »

DemonHybrid wrote:
That is what usually happens in some games, but how I want it is, lynching people once we've gotten "strong" evidence.

And that's why you're scummy. You can't get strong evidence unless you immerse yourself into the weak evidence to build cases.

I don't like this line of reasoning. And I don't like your line of posts DemonHybrid.

Don't like the Chesskid vote then recant.
Don't like the DeityKabuto case for asking questions to get scumhunting going. In the post he votes him, he essentially asks the same kind of question.
DemonHybrid wrote:Never mind, forget Scott Brosius. This guy is so non-genuine, it hurts. He doesn't even have a scumread yet, so can we lynch him, please?

This is a thinly veiled request for scumreads... just like Deity did.

DemonHybrid wrote:Jeez, this is already turning into a Jets vs. Sharks type of deal. A nice even split of people who believe completely different things.

This feels... wrong. Don't like it, but it's mostly gut.

Reading through Diety in ISO, I don't like his meta case, but he is not pushing it hard, and only early. I do think his "odd behavior" comment is legit, he's trying to pull his own meta in, which while annoying (I hate meta), I don't find it as scummy as Demon does....

So I don't like Diety's posting, but I REALLY don't like how Demon is attacking it.

So, the proper current wagon is VOTE: DemonHybrid
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #1) » Tue May 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Surye »

It's my first post because I was V/LA this weekend getting trashed in Vegas, you did not want me posting then :P
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #2) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Post by Surye »

I must be missing something, because I don't understand the nameloc1989 votes. Scott Brosius looks much worse in my opinion at this point, his nameloc vote and reason was bad.

I feel like Demon dismissed most of my post as gut... when that was only one quote, not all of them.

After more thought and analysis, RC votes making more sense to me. He's trying to get others to vote, which seems like an attempt to get a wagon going without being the initiator. This would make him look better in any VCAs. The hand raising thing was also pretty distracting and pointless. Also seeing a town claim as a VT claim is just asking to get a policy wagon going when there was no reason for one.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: RedCoyote
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #3) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by Surye »

Amrun wrote:nameloc thought he softclaimed as detective when he had done nothing of the sort. How can that come from town?

Okay, reading them in iso had me a bit mixed up. I agree with this.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #4) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by Surye »

I still like my RC vote, but at this point, my reads are not strong enough, and I don't like nameloc either.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: nameloc1989

Is a better place for my vote with this in mind.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #5) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by Surye »

RedCoyote wrote:It's not 1989; it's 1986.

Ugh, I copied and pasted from someone else's typo.
VOTE: nameloc1986
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #6) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by Surye »

RedCoyote wrote:
Surye 134 wrote:He's trying to get others to vote, which seems like an attempt to get a wagon going without being the initiator.

Others implies that I asked more people than HN about his vote and implies a lack of attention to this game.

Back this up or retract it.

One person, doesn't matter, you're pushing for the idea of it. We're all reading it, and if there's anything to it, you're counting on it.

RedCoyote wrote:
Surye 134 wrote:The hand raising thing was also pretty distracting and pointless.

I never mentioned "hand raising". This was HN and DK's thing.

Okay, reread out of ISO, another thing I got confused on. I retract this point.

RedCoyote wrote:
Surye 134 wrote:Also seeing a town claim as a VT claim is just asking to get a policy wagon going when there was no reason for one.

This is a false, rushed summary like the one toffee made (indicative of your pattern of an overall rushed readthrough of the game). I respect SSSS' vote a lot more simply because he had the intellectual integrity to ask me to better define my political stance rather than just assume he knew what I was up to (and whether or not it was good or bad).

I will admit I rushed it a bit, and am happy to be pointed out where I am wrong, I did not want to leave this game hanging, and needed to get to a point where I can keep up with the game.

Now, I still read you as saying this, and I have no problems assuming what you are up to, to explain why I voted, and why I think it's bad or good. I don't know why you think that is a bad thing.

However, obviously my vote on you was not backed with super confidence or anything, I don't have any strong reads at the moment, and I do like this post and response to mine. I would unvote you if I hadn't already :P
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #7) » Thu May 12, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Surye »

chesskid3 wrote:
Surye wrote:I still like my RC vote, but at this point, my reads are not strong enough, and I don't like nameloc either.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: nameloc1989

Is a better place for my vote with this in mind.

I wants to join bandwagon
but i'z worried i'll look lke scum for it
so i'll throw 1-2 line thingy to explainz then everyonz thinks i towntowntown

Says the guy who votes with no content in the post unless prompted.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #8) » Thu May 12, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Surye »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Surye

Straw man. Chesskid's made his motivations very clear. He felt like the reasoning was implied, but that's no reason to counter-argument.

Explaining why I don't like something is not strawman. I have to explain my perspective on it in order to convey my opinion on it.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #9) » Thu May 12, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Surye »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Surye wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Surye

Straw man. Chesskid's made his motivations very clear. He felt like the reasoning was implied, but that's no reason to counter-argument.

Explaining why I don't like something is not strawman. I have to explain my perspective on it in order to convey my opinion on it.

You're attacking something which is an altered point in order to weaken his argument. The fact that he didn't write an implied reason for his vote doesn't make his vote worthless.

Interpretation.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #10) » Thu May 12, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Surye »

Amrun wrote:Hmm.

Okay.

I still don't like nameloc's push on chesskid, but I re-read the ISO in light of his clarification and I think I can see where he was coming from. I misinterpreted.

Then I read Surye becaiuse she seheeped my flawed case.

Surye wins the new scum award.

[unvote; Vote: Surye]

I'm not ready to call nameloc town, but I'll drop him to null.

Deity Kabuto still suspicious, but I'm stuck at "dumb or scum?"

The way you throw the word "sheep" around is anti-town. You make town fear agreeing with cases, so it causes more arguments than debates, no one can change their mind, everyone has to stay stubborn for fear of "sheeping", and the town suffers for it.

And to all the strawman stuff, please.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #11) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Surye »

I did not realize it had been that long since I'd posted, I apologize, and I've been thinking about this game.

Chesskid, don't call for my vigging. It's a bad idea, if you want to head a wagon against me tomorrow, that would be a much better situation for town. Other than lurking and confusion which was corrected, what is the case on me, how is toffee not a better target for N1?

If that is DK's lynch, then I think that is a pretty good D1 lynch, but toffee is going to be my first suspicion tomorrow, depending on DK's flip. I think a scum flip actually puts him in more suspicion, his vote seemed like bussing a lost cause.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #12) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Surye »

chesskid3 wrote:except that rules you out as both hider and vig

good job son

Good job trying to direct the vig.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #13) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Surye »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Surye wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:except that rules you out as both hider and vig

good job son

Good job trying to direct the vig.

Also, wow, you completely avoided the point.

No I didn't. He tried to force my hand by having me killed before I could get to L-1. Hence good job directing the vig.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #14) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:28 am

Post by Surye »

Amrun wrote:gg all

I feel less bad about killing Surye since there was no action submitted anyway.

Still, sorry about that, everyone. x.x

Which is strange, since I could have swore I did. The mod mix up was unfortunate.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #15) » Tue May 31, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Surye »

DarthYoshi wrote:
Surye wrote:
Amrun wrote:gg all

I feel less bad about killing Surye since there was no action submitted anyway.

Still, sorry about that, everyone. x.x

Which is strange, since I could have swore I did. The mod mix up was unfortunate.

I did get a PM from you confirming your role, but there wasn't a target in the PM. :(

I checked my sent PMs, I must not have clicked send or something before closing the browser, and didn't look for a confirm. My bad.

But thanks for picking this game up and providing awesome flavor :D

Return to “Completed Open Games”