Open 276- Friends and Enemies Mafia (OVER)

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Hoopla

This is a policy lynch, and a serious one at that. When Hoopla plays, she doesn't play the game of mafia; she posts meaningless numbers and stuff about wagons and COASTS the entire time. She does this regardless of alignment, and she does it no matter what alignment she is. She is a very large detriment to whatever faction she finds herself on, and since chances dictate her being on the town side, we have to take care of this lynch before she begins her coasting and it's already far too late. I urge you to rethink the reputation Hoopla's gained on this site based on blind luck and lynch her based on the horrible play you can expect from her.

@Fate: I WISH BUT MOTHRAX FUCKED UP >.>
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: Hoopla

This is a policy lynch, and a serious one at that. When Hoopla plays, she doesn't play the game of mafia; she posts meaningless numbers and stuff about wagons and COASTS the entire time. She does this regardless of alignment, and she does it no matter what alignment she is. She is a very large detriment to whatever faction she finds herself on, and since chances dictate her being on the town side, we have to take care of this lynch before she begins her coasting and it's already far too late. I urge you to rethink the reputation Hoopla's gained on this site based on blind luck and lynch her based on the horrible play you can expect from her.
What evidence do you support this claim with?
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... la&start=0

This game emplifies Hoopla's play perfectly. She is the master of walling the town with meaningless fluffposts. She will do this regardless of alignment, and she will not contribute to the game in any way. She will avoid from doing so with condensending tones and sarcasm. Notice how she responds to my policy proposal in the first place. "Kids say the darndest things", "Nacho and his silly fantasies"... :/. So it begins.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Dafish wrote:Nacho, how many games have you played with Hoopla? Do you want this lynch to go through, or are you trying to gauge reactions?
I've only played a few games with Hoopla, but I've seen what she does to games. And yes, I want this lynch to go through.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I am against this.
Why, are you interested in the quality of your game being systematically drained down to nothing?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

mothrax wrote:DEADLINE FOR D1 is MONDAY JANUARY 7th @ 2:00 PM EST
Something's wrong here.
2:00 PM is FAR too inconvenient of a time to end the game bro.

Ooops... should be February, I will fix in OP...

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hoopla wrote:You seem pretty hellbent on this policy lynch - I'm kind of surprised you're this serious about it. My question to you is, what was your purpose of entering a game with me? If you dislike how I play, and were going to come in and post this about me, and chase my lynch regardless of alignment, isn't that a little sadistic?
I was invited to play, and I like playing with a players on the list. I wasn't going to not in just because I saw someone with a anti-town playstyle on the list. There was also a chance I could pull Mafia, which would've meant your playstyle wouldn't have been a problem at all.
Hoopla wrote:~ You make me sound like a VI who is an awfully toxic influence on games. I think you're being unfair, as in my recent games I've been exceedingly accurate. If you would like to read up my other games, they're all catalogued neatly in my wiki - feel free to have a look. Otherwise I can provide some more commentary on my other games if you still think I am awful.
Your accuracy doesn't change the fact you detract from games.
Hoopla wrote:Another mechanic based game (at least initially). We gave the scum the Janitor and I got myself lynched Day 1 to waste the Janitor's shot on a townie. In my closing post analysing the game, I correctly identified 3/4 scum in a 20p game, based on behavioural tells and some wagon analysis.
It's this sort of play that you deserve to be policy-lynched for. Your self-hammer in this game extremely arrogant, first of all. You were in no position to decide that you were smarter than the rest of the town and the janitor was going to break the game if it wasn't taken out early. But no, you decided to give the scum two free kills in order to neutralize one of their scum roles. You refused to fight the well-deserved lynch on yourself so you could get a personal agenda completed that should've been set aside for the game.

But, I have to admit that I am impressed with PYP4 and the Scummies Invitational, so I'll drop talk of a policy lynch for now. I can only hope we can see play similar to what's displayed in those games other like Pick Your Poison, Mini 1007, or Mini 918.

Unvote

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Abelcain wrote:Anyway, this whole Hoopla wagon gained a whole lot of speed really fast, and I'm not sure I like how it looks. I agree with Fate that Hoopla should have defended herself earlier than she did, but I'm not complaining now that there was a decent post on her part. I'm going to have to give this topic another read-over tomorrow, when I'm not so tired, but it looks like there was surprisingly little content for fifty posts (or maybe I'm spoiled by the newbie games I played).
What happened to this? It's two days later, and I don't see posts.
flinter wrote:
Hoopla doesn't sound like a VI.
So I really don't know what Nacho is talking about. On this moment, I can see only one reason to propose a policy lynch: to make sure we won't that Hoopla seriously.
The bolded implies you didn't do any research yourself. If not, you're just making assumptions and giving a Hoopla a free pass because she has a good grasp over basic grammar and spelling.
flinter wrote:Further, my suspicion goes mostly to park. Nacho's call for a policy lynch was odd, but Parks following was worse. He said it was his first one, and one would suspect that park would have read really well if the player was actually a VI before supporting his first policy lynch. Hoopla provided some games where is really isn't a VI, so we can assume that Park wasn't very troubled by supporting a policy lynch for the first time. He didn't check at all if Hoopla was a VI. It seemed very opportunistic to me.
And yet, your vote remains on me. Is there any reason for this?

Vote: Andrius

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #88 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Fate
DrippingGoofball
Albert B Rampage
Ellibereth
Battle Mage
charter
drmyshottyizsik
Hoopla

I suppose this will take some explanation, then.
Charter and shotty have the only playstyles on this list I would regard as inherrently anti-town, but they don't damage the game itself. They're more of hard-to-read players that do dumb things. They're also less anti-town than you because they do predictably stupid things and thus people are prepared for those things. From you? Not so much, and it hurts games pretty badly.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #90 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

What would an acceptable arrangement of the names be in order for me to know what I'm talking about?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I've never played with Adel before, and I only ranked players based on my experiences with them.

I'm also going to bed soon, so I'll respond to #91 when I have more time.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #119 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

V/LA for a day

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #163 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

V/LA lasting longer than expected, but I will make a post in here tomorrow.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #200 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

DDD wrote:This Nacho/Hoopla argument is really, really dumb.
Stuff like this makes me angry.

@flinter: I was questioning you keeping your vote on me because you quite literally said park was scummier than me in ISO #2. The "convenient" lurking point is also extremely weak, and I challenge you to tell me why you think I would need to conveniently lurk at this stage of the game.

Fate, I've been wrong so many times about NS, I'd rather just lynch Andrius and let the rest of the town sort him out >.>.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #202 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Well.

I have faith that ABR will.
Dafish will probably join once I give him a case that he can believe in.
DDD has no reason not to.
Town-Elmo will.
Park will once he realizes the PL will be impossible.
Andrew won't be able to resist a big wagon.

That's enough right?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #260 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

There will be blood.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #263 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@Dafish:
The first and main part of why Andrius is scum is based on his lurking. From a townie perspective, there's absolutely NO reason for him to lurk; instead, there's strong incentive for him not to. Do you remember how in the beginning of the game he had special shout-outs to Hoopla and DDD, telling them he had improved his town play before and that he wasn't going to lurk or do anything awful like that? Well, he shows absolutely no effort whatsoever of trying to impress them; it's almost as if he's trying to do the exact opposite. For example, notice to how he responds to the attack against him. At first, like Hoopla, he dismisses it with sarcasm and doesn't take Fate seriously at all. But unlike Hoopla, once the fuel of the wagon burns and he realzies the attack WAS serious, he still doesn't address it seriously. All he does is go "Welp, I have no idea why ABR/Nacho/Fate are voting me. Oh well." If you're still not convinced, look at his vote. He random votes, fine. Then he makes that sarcastic vote on Hoopla... and keeps it there. Even after Nobody Special "becomes probably scum", even though he believes that "Fate usually has a plan". No, the vote stays on Hoopla.

Next, there's the whole probably situation. I actually disagree with ABR that it's the definiteness of it so early that makes it scummy; it's how he defended it that makes it scummy. He says:
Andrius wrote:What's with the probably hate?
Only the scumbags have reads of guaranteed certainty.
If I ran around going "andrew94 is 100% town, hoopla is definitely scum" it suggests the strongest of reads.
Bolded is mine.
Fate wrote:Hoopla is scum with Andrius.
Yet no mention of scumbaggery. In Quirkytown, I declared plenty of people definite town and definite scum and I flipped town. Interestingly enough, Andrius didn't attack me once about it. When Andrius and I hydra'd together (as town), he had no problem calling the person who ended up being a mason "definite scum". In other words, Andrius knew that the bolded was a bunch of crap because he played declaring quick reads, he had played with people with that playstyle before, and he is playing with someone with that playstyle. The only possible motive I could see for Andrius to say something like that is if he was just trying to make some sort of defence for himself, which I can see him doing as lazy scum.

As for Empking, well, he hasn't done much, but it'd be pretty good play if he was scum. Calling the most vocal person pushing your lynch town, along with the person promising to provide a case on your predecessor, then jumping on the second largest bandwagon seems like a pretty good way to stay alive.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #307 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Empking

mothrax wrote:Empking (5): Fate, Nachomamma8, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Elmo, Nobody Special
ABR, what was wrong with this wagon?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #318 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

...and so it begins.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #320 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:It's a good wagon, Andrius was flakey and inconsistent. Empking hasn't done anything however so I am finding it hard to conceive how Fate seems so convinced he is scum. I'd say Empking-Hoopla is a strong possibility, or else Empking-NS. What do you think?
I don't think Empking even has to figure in the equation. Andrius's play seals it for me.
Hoopla calling for the counterwagon then making absolutely no effort to create one makes her a decent choice for scum.
Not seeing NS scum, though.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #323 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Andrius wrote:M'kay well that was the hammer IIRC.
Sorry to break the lynch-only-scum streak.
I'm town.

Apologies to the people; sorry I didn't get into this game fast enough and yeah. /ashamed

Sorry to disappoint Fate.
In PYP4, Andy was apologetic for the lurking.
In this game, Andy requested replacement without so much as a see ya post.
That's the difference between his town lurking and his scum lurking.

As for why he's scummy other than lurking, look at his response to pressure.
He doesn't take Fate's accusations toward him seriously, even when it becomes apparent Fate's suspicions were legitimate. But as soon as Fate switches to someone else, he sheeps him immediately and states that "Fate usually has a plan", ignoring Fate's previous suspicion. Then, when Fate goes back to suspecting him, he again doesn't take the suspicion seriously. It's like he couldn't find a way to defend himself other than just trying to brush everything off.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #324 (isolation #20) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hoopla wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Hoopla calling for the counterwagon then making absolutely no effort to create one makes her a decent choice for scum.
Yep, me and that lack of effort;
Hoopla wrote:Empking is a sucky wagon, I don't think I can stop others so easily, but Fate, you should know better.

VOTE: flinter

Vote flinter with me Fate. You know you want my approval, and I will definitely approve of you if you help me.
That's not effort to me.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #326 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Let's make a deal then, Hoopla.

You give me your vote for the day as long as I don't make you vote yourself or Empking, and I'll give you those wagons you so desire.

No one else should respond to this before Hoopla does.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #355 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Had to try, Hoopy.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #360 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

V/LA for a day

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #397 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Fate you REALLY don't want me to post right now.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #402 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

NO I DONT AND THAT'S THE FUCKING PROBLEM

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #449 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

thank god fate scared me for a second there

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #452 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

AGM.

Am I town?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #454 (isolation #28) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

The Hoopla policy was a complete and utter load of bullshit.

Fate and I were hoping to draw scum together this game so we could mess with Hoopla's wagon analysis, but that didn't happen. And since I had to find some way of messing with Hoopla, so I attempted to policy lynch her.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #455 (isolation #29) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

But, if you're still interested...

Nice N' Fun Mafia
and then the one she linked where I self-hammered as town.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #457 (isolation #30) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Because the point of joining this game was to mess with you, Hoopla.

And I thought pushing a policy lynch on a non-VI playerr would be an interesting way to get out of RVS.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #459 (isolation #31) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I thought you'd be flattered.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #463 (isolation #32) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Come now, Hoopla. Making definitive statements such as those are just going to open you up to ridicule tomorrow when empking scum flips.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #466 (isolation #33) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm pretty sure andrew is scum too...

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #487 (isolation #34) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

AlamasterGM wrote:I want to see what everyone else SANS NACHO, who is a permanent member of your posse, has to say.
Hey now no need to take potshots.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #528 (isolation #35) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT ANDREW BEING SCUM BRO?

WHAT DID I TELL YOU?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #530 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MY VOTE HASN'T BEEN ON A TOWNIE THIS WHOLE GAME.
SO WE'RE EVEN.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #532 (isolation #37) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Fuck.

(sorry had to do it once you understand)

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #535 (isolation #38) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

ALAMASTERRR

YESSSS

Return to “Completed Open Games”