Open 276- Friends and Enemies Mafia (OVER)

flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:04 am

Post by flinter »

mod wrote:Role PMs Are OUT once I have recieved 8 confirmations the game will officially begin
Which means that scum had an incentive to wait with confirming so they could talk longer together. According to the mod: Nobody Special, Hoopla, Dafish, andrew94 and Albert B. Rampage haven't confirmed, which means that 3 of them are the scum. Now, one is easily found, as giving no reasons and voting a townie are clear evidence that Hoopla is with the mafia. Of the others, one can see that Albert and Dafish are town lurkers. They both didn't make a post yet and haven't voted all day long. I see no clear scum incentive for that, so they must be town. Which means that only andrew and Nobody Special remain as scum.

Since we know that Hoopla is scum, we can see if this theory is right by investigating Hoopla's interactions with Nobody Special and andrew. It is particulary interesting to see that they have never voted for each other, and that if one of them came under suspicion, the others didn't mention a thing about it and simply went on with what they did.

Now, since we know all three scum by now, one has to wonder who to vote. There are two principle's at work here. One says that voting someone simply because the other votes you is a bad thing, as without further reasoning it is possible that the person voting you is town. However, as we know, this is not the case as the argument on Hoopla are indeed damning. On the other hand, one does want to vote the person one thinks is most likely scum, and since we partially deduced that andrew and Nobody Special by knowing that Hoopla was scum, we should be voting Hoopla.

VOTE: Hoopla

Hello everyone! I hope we will have a lot of fun!
please, don't kill me.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by flinter »

Hoopla wrote:~ You make me sound like a VI who is an awfully toxic influence on games. I think you're being unfair, as in my recent games I've been exceedingly accurate.
Hoopla doesn't sound like a VI. So I really don't know what Nacho is talking about. On this moment, I can see only one reason to propose a policy lynch: to make sure we won't that Hoopla seriously.

unvote vote Nacho
please, don't kill me.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:59 am

Post by flinter »

Abelcain wrote:Anyway, this whole Hoopla wagon gained a whole lot of speed really fast,
and I'm not sure I like how it looks. I agree with Fate
that
Hoopla should have defended herself earlier than she did, but I'm not complaining now that there was a decent post on her part.
I'm going to have to give this topic another read-over tomorrow, when I'm not so tired, but it looks like there was surprisingly little content for fifty posts (or maybe I'm spoiled by the newbie games I played).
There is something that doesn't seem right about this post. I think the red parts are the one's bothering me. His whole post is a series of statements with counterpoints, most clearly seen in the first sentence. "Hoopla should have defended earlier" is really a odd statement seen that it was a RVS policy lynch bandwagon, which already went very quickly. It's not surprising that Abel makes sure that he got that one from Fate. To make certain that there is nothing wrong with what he said he states Hoopla's post was alright.

FoS Abel

Further, my suspicion goes mostly to park. Nacho's call for a policy lynch was odd, but Parks following was worse. He said it was his first one, and one would suspect that park would have read really well if the player was actually a VI before supporting his first policy lynch. Hoopla provided some games where is really isn't a VI, so we can assume that Park wasn't very troubled by supporting a policy lynch for the first time. He didn't check at all if Hoopla was a VI. It seemed very opportunistic to me.
please, don't kill me.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 am

Post by flinter »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
flinter wrote:
Hoopla doesn't sound like a VI.
So I really don't know what Nacho is talking about. On this moment, I can see only one reason to propose a policy lynch: to make sure we won't that Hoopla seriously.
The bolded implies you didn't do any research yourself. If not, you're just making assumptions and giving a Hoopla a free pass because she has a good grasp over basic grammar and spelling.
flinter wrote:Further, my suspicion goes mostly to park. Nacho's call for a policy lynch was odd, but Parks following was worse. He said it was his first one, and one would suspect that park would have read really well if the player was actually a VI before supporting his first policy lynch. Hoopla provided some games where is really isn't a VI, so we can assume that Park wasn't very troubled by supporting a policy lynch for the first time. He didn't check at all if Hoopla was a VI. It seemed very opportunistic to me.
And yet, your vote remains on me. Is there any reason for this?
Oh, if it was just basic grammar, I wouldn't have given such an opinion. A VI doesn't care about how she does in the game, by definition. Hoopla is defending with reason and she is investigating. You aren't making sense. I have read games where Hoopla played in, but I never payed special attention to her. She didn't stand out as a VI.

I'm voting you because I think you are scum. You have done nothing at all to convince me you are trying to find scum. First thing you do in this game is ask for a questionable policy lynch. This is already odd, but this might have town purposes. But then the only thing you do is defend that policylynch and defend yourself. It is your main focus to defend yourself, and you only argue in favor of a lynch which needed no scumhunting.
please, don't kill me.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Post by flinter »

I'm very tempted to follow Hoopla's vote on Park. Park's tunneling seems quite unnatural to me. However, I think Nacho's lurking is just a little too convenient for him, and I'll keep my vote there because nothing has changed there. NS's his play would warrant a policy lynch, I guess... But maybe he'll improve later!

And I'm sorry Fate, but I do not see myself supporting an Andrius lynch. I have never understood the start of the wagon.
please, don't kill me.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:09 am

Post by flinter »

Fate wrote:Flinter if you had sheeped me last game what would've happened.
Do you claim the same role again?

(in our last game Fate was a townie who looked like scum, could talk with them in their quicktopic and who knew their names)
please, don't kill me.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:33 am

Post by flinter »

Is OMGUS a problem?

Are you allowed to make a baseless accusation, while Fate isn't, solely because you were first?
please, don't kill me.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by flinter »

Im afraid you aren't supposed to post in threads you don't play in :(
please, don't kill me.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by flinter »

I would support you on park, hoopla! Because I don't think people are going to be convinced that Nacho is scum :(

unvote vote Park
please, don't kill me.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:58 am

Post by flinter »

I'm very sorry. I have an important test monday, and I really have no time now. From monday on my activity should get better.
please, don't kill me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”