Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Azelf »

Hello! As you may have noticed, I'm replacing that jmj3000 guy.

I've got... 19 pages of posts to read through. Ugh...
so please excuse me while I put together an opinion of the game so far.
This space is empty. Like the average Vanilla Townie's brain.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Azelf »

Well, I made it.
Overall, this game is nothing more than a huge funnel of LINK MAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

But out of it all, one person particularly stands out.

Vote: danakillsu

After reading through the full game and reading through his posts in iso, he's easily the scummiest person partaking in this. He's almost never given any justification for the logic behind what he does, and every fourth post or so is a completely unjustified vote on a person he's never seemed to pay any attention to.

Also, after what fifi did, I'd like to hear from Ksen. Lurking really can't help him here.
JacobSavage wrote:I would suggest scumhunting now?
Folks, I think he might be on to something here.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:31 am

Post by Azelf »

Gheb wrote:Wdjat, who's the play?
What

Please explain to us all exactly what you mean by this, because it sounds awfully like you're asking another player who you should lynch.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Azelf »

Gheb wrote:No, I'm asking a player who's been pretty vocal and helpful on D1 on what he thinks who the play is.
Wait, so you just denied you were asking another player who you should lynch, and then told me you were asking another player who you should lynch.

Suspicious much?
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Azelf »

Gheb wrote:The hell are you talking about? I asked him who he thinks the play is not who I should lynch.
And you proceed to say that you weren't asking who you should lynch and then say that you were asking who you should lynch AGAIN.

-_-
danakillsu wrote:
Not much of a case you have there. Care to give a couple of examples. It's hard to defend at all against such generalities. I don't see how I "stand out" for that stuff so much. Can we just lynch JS to get this game going? I'm gone over the weekend, and not even a page of material has been posted.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't feel like wasting a lynch.

Also, EXAMPLES MAH BOI
danakillsu wrote:
Why didn't you mention this then, it is scummy to try and get someone lynched without evidence?
I thought it was understood without explicitly being said. The post I mentioned almost seems self-explanatory in its scumminess. I completely agree with and endorse Max's overall reads of people thus far.
Basically, this is saying that you don't need to give evidence, because you're automatically right about whether any post is scummy.
danakillsu wrote:You've got to be kidding me. wdjat was NOT pressuring me for reads on other people, he was pressuring me for why I was voting for him. This looks like a bad excuse to continue exactly what I just said was pointless. I'm going to leave wdjat for now, though, because I'm really annoyed by JacobSavage's lack of involvement here.
unvote vote:JacobSavage
1. Scumhunting is pointless?
2. You really seem to want JS dead for some reason. Mind elaborating?
danakillsu wrote:Well, look. Suddenly "reads" changes to "read". And you call it the same thing. Pressuring for a single read on him is not the same as pressuring for all of my reads. I already have explained my reason for voting for him originally. Stop making such a big deal out of this. You're making yourself look scummy by trying to make me the focus of everyone's attention (not that I mind that so much, I have nothing to hide).
If you had really had nothing to hide, you wouldn't have to say so.

Also, if you didn't mind it, why are you trying to remove yourself from the spotlight?
danakillsu wrote:No, it's not. The only reason I left wdjat to vote someone else was that I thought he should be pressured to post. The first and prominent scum-read I got was wdjat. Your continual accusations without basis earn a big fat
HoS
from me. His vote on me was OMGUS, if anything.
@all
what impression do you get? does it look like OMGUS for me to return my vote to wdjat?
That's odd, because now you want to LYNCH JacobSavage, and he isn't any scummier than he was the first time you went after him. Explain?

Also: pot/kettle/black
danakillsu wrote:@fifi
You haven't answered my question.
And those bolded quotes...
If you're trying to say what I think you're trying to say...
you're not too smart or your trying to ignore the obvious truth.
Just because I believe someone is scum doesn't mean they can't be a cop. On the off-chance that he is a cop, I don't want to be responsible for his lynch.
Interesting wording. So you wouldn't have minded lynching Lowell, you just didn't want to be responsible for it if he flips cop?
danakillsu wrote:WHAT? I finally get back and someone's hammered kyle? I didn't really want him lynched, I just wanted major pressure. fifi gets huge scum points.
Without you, kyle probably wouldn't have gotten lynched. Don't try to shift your blame.
danakillsu wrote:Yeah, let's lynch Jacob Savage to keep this game alive. Come on, other players, jump on the bandwagon for some real info!
I've been curious for a while, so I might as well ask here. What exactly do you have to gain from lynching JS?

Also, I don't feel like flooding this with quotes, so go read danakillsu's posts in iso. See how often he changes his vote for yourself.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Azelf »

danakillsu wrote:That second quote was directed at JS himself. That's my case on him. So I don't really know why you essentially ask three times in the same post for me to give my reasons for voting for him.
And if he flips town (which I find much more likely) we're back to the same position we're already in. Sounds to me like you're practically suggesting a random lynch, since that lynch would only help us if he was scum (just like a random lynch would).
All lynches only help town if the person being hanged is scum. Your... interesting wording on this suggests not that you oppose the idea of Lowell being scum if Jacob's target was scum, but that there's something in it for you if Lowell isn't lynched.
danakillsu wrote: No. The quote you posted clearly said that I didn't think AT THE TIME OF VOTE that I needed to give evidence. And the reason for that was because I thought the case was OBVIOUS not because I was automatically right or whatever you're saying here.
Just because you feel something is obvious doesn't mean you don't have to give evidence. You know, giving evidence. The thing you never actually did to support that case?
danakillsu wrote: 1. No. I don't know where you would get that idea.
2. See top of post.
danakillsu wrote: You've got to be kidding me. wdjat was NOT pressuring me for reads on other people, he was pressuring me for why I was voting for him.
This looks like a bad excuse to continue exactly what I just said was pointless.
I'm going to leave wdjat for now, though, because I'm really annoyed by JacobSavage's lack of involvement here. unvote vote:JacobSavage
2. See top of post.
danakillsu wrote:
Azelf wrote: If you had really had nothing to hide, you wouldn't have to say so.

Also, if you didn't mind it, why are you trying to remove yourself from the spotlight?
ORLY? Care to explain that first sentence? I really don't see how my complete lack of anything to hide would keep me from needing to say that I have nothing to hide.
I already said why. It was because that conversation was not helping town, not because I was afraid to keep talking about the subject.
If you have nothing to hide, then why are you denying that you do so vehemently?

Also,
1. I never said that you were afraid to keep talking about the subject.
2. Scumhunting helps town. It's not that the conversation wasn't helping town, it's that it wasn't helping you.
danakillsu wrote:
Azelf wrote: Interesting wording. So you wouldn't have minded lynching Lowell, you just didn't want to be responsible for it if he flips cop?
That's not what I said. I would have minded lynching Lowell because I didn't want to be responsible for it if he flipped cop.
So, the only reason you minded lynching Lowell is that you didn't want to be responsible for it if he flipped cop. This implies that you wouldn't have minded lynching a cop, but you would have minded being responsible for it. Interesting.
danakillsu wrote:
Azelf wrote: Without you, kyle probably wouldn't have gotten lynched. Don't try to shift your blame.
The first sentence is true. But that doesn't mean the blame didn't fall on fifi. He was the one who actually lynched kyle, which wasn't my intention.
And that leaves nothing, as far as I can tell. Even if your points had been valid (which they weren't), I'm not sure you would have had a great case against me. But at least you got someone to post content. :)
If you really didn't want kyle lynched, then you would have taken your vote off of him when you saw that he was at L-1.
danakillsu wrote:
You mean the votes on Max from Gayle and kyle99 and my vote on Gayle are just there for funsies? You don't think there's suspicions about alignment based on this argument?
You guys might have some reason that only you know for drawing battle lines, but I don't see any of them. That's what I'm saying. Now let's stop discussing what I don't see as tells and start trying to actually find someone scummy.
Have you considered the post in the context of posts 5 and 6? You know, the jokes?
Absolutely. But I see you true motives in post 7 from the posts I quoted earlier. You weren't just saying "let's stop joking", you were saying "let's leave the RVS".
Also, I found this gem, which I managed to miss last time.
First section: You're basically saying "Let's stop scumhunting and start agreeing with me".
Second section: Because leaving the RVS is totally a bad thing.

Finally:
Gheb wrote:
Gheb wrote:The hell are you talking about? I asked him
who he thinks
the play is not who I should lynch.
Reemphasizing for Azelf
No, you didn't. You asked him;
Gheb wrote:Wdjat, who's the play?
not who he thinks the play is.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Azelf »

danakillsu wrote:Okay, yeah, so I left out a little bit about chance of being scum and whatnot. But his reason for voting was essentially: we might hit scum, and that will help us.
You wanted to vote him for no reason other than to "move the game along". I'd say that's more suspicious than his reason.
danakillsu wrote:I'm pretty sure I did give evidence, but can't find the case you are referring to. Could you point me to it?
I'm referring to your case against wdjat on page 3, from posts 58 to 71.
danakillsu wrote:Vehemently? Whatever. I don't see where you get that.
Check this out.
danakillsu wrote:Well, look. Suddenly "reads" changes to "read". And you call it the same thing. Pressuring for a single read on him is not the same as pressuring for all of my reads. I already have explained my reason for voting for him originally. Stop making such a big deal out of this. You're making yourself look scummy by trying to make me the focus of everyone's attention (not that I mind that so much, I have nothing to hide).
danakillsu wrote:ORLY? Care to explain that first sentence? I really don't see how my complete lack of anything to hide would keep me from needing to say that I have nothing to hide.
Adjectives are no replacement for actual lack of things to hide.
danakillsu wrote: Your assumption again. You can't prove that. And if you can't prove it, you can't use it in a case.
If the conversation was helping you, you wouldn't have tried to stop it.
danakillsu wrote: Wow. :roll: Nice. Would you like to distinguish between lynching a cop and being responsible for lynching a cop? I think lynching someone and being responsible for it are one and the same, barring special situations where someone on the wagon did not actually want the player lynched.
What I mean was: You wanted a cop dead, you just didn't want to get blamed for its death.

I also find it interesting that you never claimed you didn't want to kill a cop, which is what most people would do if they were told they wanted to kill a cop.
danakillsu wrote:
If you really didn't want kyle lynched, then you would have taken your vote off of him when you saw that he was at L-1.
If you really wanted to make a case, you would read the thread. Mind going back and reading my original post on which you base this part of your case?
I never based that part of the case on a specific post. You seem like you're trying to find an excuse to make me stop pressuring you on that particular subject.

Between the time that kyle was put to L-1 and the time he was lynched, you made a grand total of 12 posts. If you really didn't want him lynched, I really don't see why you couldn't have removed your vote and taken him off L-1 during that period.
danakillsu wrote:
First section: You're basically saying "Let's stop scumhunting and start agreeing with me".
Another assumption. You're pretty good at those.
You don't just get to tell people the things you say actually mean something else. Sorry to disappoint you.
danakillsu wrote: It can be a bad thing because scum can be trying to get someone lynched before any good evidence arises.
It seems like voting randomly would be less conductive to evidence than voting people you actually want dead.

danakillsu-3-JacobSavage, Wdjat, Azelf
JacobSavage-2-Kunkstar7,Gayle, danakillsu
ksen-1-Lowell

Inactive mod can now be active again. Tests should not be one after another within a week...
Prodding Ksen...does anyone else need it?
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Azelf »

Gheb wrote:I don't think a scumbag would play that awully in such an obvious manner. I know it's WIFOM but it's a huge reason why I think dana's town. If he's scum it'll flush out sooner or later anyway I think.
Explain, please. If you're waiting for obvious scumtells, you have plenty.
danakillsu wrote:Azelf's case is simply one of repetition. I've shown clearly that he has nothing but assumptions of my motives in certain situations on which to base his argument. And btw, your "vehement" proof is sad. I could show you posts five times more vehement than those. And only your point about the cop thing would make me scum even if it were true, which none of your points are. I'll be V/LA as noted in my sig.
Observant players will notice how, despite all these attempts to make me sound like I don't have a case, dana was completely unable to argue against a single point that I made in my previous post.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Azelf »

lobstermania wrote:Hey all. I'm starting my read and will post either later tonight or in the morning.
Hi. Welcome to the game!
Enjoy the lulz to be garnered from reading through all 20 pages of this miserable pile of secrets.
Gheb wrote:
Azelf wrote:Explain, please. If you're waiting for obvious scumtells, you have plenty.
That's what irks me so much. I can't see a scumbag playing that awfully...
Quite frankly, from what I've read, this entire game is filled with awful. If you subtract this game's awful from Dana's awful, you get ordinary scum behavior.

:V

Srsly, sometimes scum is just plain obvious. Noobs get scum roles too, you know.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Azelf »

Gheb wrote:Yeah I agree that town is better off with dana dead. When deadline comes around and there's no other play I guess I'm down.
This suggests that there's someone you'd prefer to lynch first. Mind telling us who it is?
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Azelf »

danakillsu wrote:
Observant players will notice how, despite all these attempts to make me sound like I don't have a case, dana was completely unable to argue against a single point that I made in my previous post.
More observant players will notice how I'm done defending myself because Azelf has not brought up anything that I haven't dealt with. He is repeating assumptions. That is all.
You can't just make people's points disappear by closing your eyes and hoping they go away. Sorry.

Also, considering your excuse, it's interesting that all you've done is repeat the assumption that my points don't matter.
danakillsu wrote:Yeah. JacobSavage isn't the vote anymore since people are thankfully actually playing again. It looks like I might have to try to break this game open or get lynched. Will iso Lowell, JS, Gheb, and Kunk.
As I've mentioned, you've been having trouble keeping your vote on anyone the whole game. Caved under pressure much?
danakillsu wrote:I don't know, I just automatically included him. I didn't actually iso him and got kind of side-tracked, but here are my results.
Gheb and Lowell are essentially active lurkers. Neither has posted much content in this game, and both have been known to buddy/ask for other's opinions instead of making their own. I find both mildly suspicious.
Kunk, however, I find scary, mainly for one thing. He is constantly saying, "Dana is suspicous" "Dana is scum" "Dana should be lynched" and doesn't do anything about it at all until recently, when everyone starts voting for me. That's a really scummy thing to do.
unvote vote: kunkstar
After reading his posts, Kunk's attitude strikes me as not really being serious; as in, he considered you suspicious, but not any more suspicious than anyone else. His "accusations" are really more like commentary.

From reading his last post, I've gathered that he voted you because he didn't like your "defense".

Also, OMGUS.
danakillsu wrote:Even though I'm a VT, it might help town to lynch me. I don't know. Anyway, I can't say anything in my defense that I haven't already said, so I'll just wait and see. It's sad that eloquence, length, and repetition are all it takes to get me lynched.
You forgot "questions you couldn't adequately answer".
Also, not buying it.
Gayle wrote:I've been rather busy lately but I should be in the clear for awhile from here. I'll catch up tomorrow and see if I need to argue with lobstermania or not.

Did we ever get a replacement for hewitt?
According to what lobstermania said, he would have hammered Dana by the time you got "caught up". I find it hard to believe that the decision to wait until he hammered wasn't deliberate.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Azelf »

Gayle wrote:@Azelf: ...what?
He said he'd hammer in 24 hours. You said you'd see if you needed to argue with him tomorrow, by which time it's highly likely that 24 hours would have passed.

Fortunately, either I didn't understand the meaning of that post, or he waited for you.
lobstermania wrote:
Gayle wrote:I said I would see if there was reason to argue with you.
Okay. Well, since you have not posted anything to which I can respond re:Dana, I will
Vote: Danakillsu
I really should have asked this earlier, but why do you think Dana's scummy enough to merit hammertime?
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Azelf »

JacobSavage wrote:So... this is a long twilight...
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.
Mod, could you prod Sho Minamimoto?
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Azelf »

Gheb wrote:We should totally modkill the mod.
Agreed.
lobstermania wrote:
Azelf wrote:I really should have asked this earlier, but why do you think Dana's scummy enough to merit hammertime?
Dana was throwing around votes like crazy, usually didn't bother to research or look up facts, and then quickly (and seemingly without question) would change her mind to someone else when her vote looked poorly placed, or someone else seemed like a more popular vote.
I also voted because people seem to be wandering away from this game, so a kill with some new information would definitely boost participation. Luckily, the person at L-1 was also someone I found to be very scummy. Though, I'll admit, I was kind of shocked to see Lowell still alive on Day Two....
I'm satisfied. Thanks for explaining.
JacobSavage wrote:
Lobster wrote:Though, I'll admit, I was kind of shocked to see Lowell still alive on Day Two....
Mafia playing mind games? or more likely kill else where because they know the "Doctors" will be on him.
Lowell wrote:^^^ scummy
Possible, but like Lowell, I doubt it.
First, check this out.
Sho Minamimoto wrote:0-10 Townies - Each town player has a 8/9 chance of being a townie, `0-10 Cops - Each town player has a 1/18 chance of being a cop, 0-10 Doctors - Each town player has a 1/18 chance of being a doctor
I don't know what the chances of us having both a cop AND a doctor are, but they're pretty low. It seems like it would be worth it for the Mafia to take a chance and nightkill someone who claimed cop.
Second, this.
Lowell wrote:I'm not going to reveal what I have unless needed. If I had a guilty I'd tell you.

Otherwise I agree with following kunk's lead.
What kind of cop wouldn't jump at the chance to confirm a townie?

And when he did eventually say who he "investigated", he claimed that he investigated Kunk, and that Kunk was innocent. He'd been buddying Kunk for quite a few posts before that, so I find it hard not to see that as suspicious.

Of course, the Mafia could be WIFOMing, but I seriously doubt it. Now that I've looked at him, I'm certain that Lowell is not actually a cop, and that the Mafia knows this somehow.

(Lowell does get bonus points for his rather self-destructive comment on Jacob's post, which is what caused me to look closer into his case and figure all this out.)

Finally, I'm fine with Max. FIGHT BACK! OVERTHROW ABSENT MODS! :V
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #14) » Mon May 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Azelf »

Lowell wrote:As before, I'll reveal closer to the end of the day. I don't want people getting lazy.

And thanks to whoever protected me (yes, I assume that's what happened).
For reasons I've stated before Night 2, and reasons below,
Vote: Lowell

A real cop wouldn't have a problem with telling the town his investigation results.

In addition, considering the lack of nightkill, either the Mafia are pulling some sort of WIFOM or we have a doc on our hands. In the first situation, the only real reason for the Mafia to pull such a WIFOMy thing is to try to save Lowell. In the second, considering that the Mafia doesn't seem to have a roleblocker (Lowell never mentioned getting roleblocked, and any decent Mafia roleblocker would block someone who claimed cop), a town with both cop and doctor would seem insanely overpowered. Either way, this definitely supports my belief that Lowell isn't a cop.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #15) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Azelf »

Gheb wrote:I don't see the benefit for a townie to not reveal results either.

But then again I also fail to see why scum would do it.
It is a pretty stupid move no matter what side you're on, but there's still no excuse for a real cop not to reveal the results of their investigation.
Gayle wrote:Just checking in before I get prodded. I'll be back later today.

@Azelf: This is an open game. You can see the setup in the OP. There are no roleblockers and we are as likely to have a doctor as we are a cop. In other words, none of what you just said makes any sense.
Right, I forgot it was an open game, what with Little Italy and all. :T

And the chances of us having both a doctor AND a cop are statistically lower than us having one of the two, so what I said still stands.
kunkstar7 wrote:Thanks for beating me to that.

Unvote; Vote: Wdjat

@Mod: Replacements on Wdjat, hewitt please?
Would you mind telling us why you just voted someone you want replaced?
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #16) » Wed May 05, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Azelf »

kunkstar7 wrote:Hoping to see if he would react to the vote without being replaced. But I have a feeling he's flaked out. Since theres no point now that I stated that flat out,
unvote.

Regarding Lowell's cop claim, he will reveal his results, he just wants to see how people react to his target. Connections and the sort. It doesn't work if everyone already knows who he investigated.
Nothing else the town did would make him react. Why do you think a vote would make him any more likely to do so?

Also, if that's the case, why would Lowell not be able to look at pre-existing connections and reactions? That would sound a lot like stalling.
Lowell wrote:I really don't understand the problem here. Imagine I said "I investigated player X".... then what? So just go about your business telling us your suspicions.
Telling us who was innocent and guilty can save us precious time in the day trying to scumhunt that person. Scum would want to waste the town's time.

Although I suppose you have a point, since nobody would believe you anyways.
Lowell wrote:I disagree with the idea of massclaim (not sure what that does). But yes, if there's another cop out there I don't see the harm in claiming. It's clear to me that there's a doc, and that s/he protected me last night. I find it unlikely scum would go for me instead of kunk.
If there's a doctor out there, this would be a good time to tell us who you protected.

By the way, I don't see the point in mass claiming right now. It could give away (and thus paint a giant target on the back of) town power roles on Day 3, which isn't worth finding out that everyone is a Vanilla Townie.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #17) » Thu May 06, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Azelf »

Gheb wrote:
Vote Wdjat
Mind explaining why you jumped on a wagon for someone who's being replaced?
Lowell wrote:I do think it would be nice to find any other cops there might be at this point. Between us we can probably clear most of the field, and it gives time to check out the results, preventing a scum "cop" claim later on.
Since you've already claimed cop and nobody counterclaimed you, it's almost certain that there is no cop in this game. The only thing that it would do is force the doctor to either claim or lie, making it a lot easier for the scum to eliminate a town power role. I find it hard to believe that you didn't figure that out by yourself, by the way.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #18) » Fri May 07, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Azelf »

JacobSavage wrote:COUNTER CLAIMS DONT MEAN ANYTHING IN C/9!
I don't think you quite understand how statistically unlikely it is that there are two cops in this game.
Lowell wrote:I'm just going to ignore az for awhile.
Because ignoring other people's points against you totally isn't scummy.
kunkstar7 wrote:Scratch the cross investigating. Its unnecessary for some reason that I thought of right after I posted that and left class. As soon as I recall it I'll add it.
So you're telling us something is unnecessary without telling us why? Although it seems to me like that method is a waste of a cop investigation AND a lynch, you really shouldn't post something if you don't have a reason for saying it.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (isolation #19) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:53 am

Post by Azelf »

kunkstar7 wrote:Remembered it. Its unnecessary because if they are both scum they can just confirm each other, and that screws town.

Its just as likely for any player to be cop, as each cop chance is independent of the rest, according to the the setup.
So you're saying rolling a six-sided die twice and getting two sixes is just as likely as rolling a six-sided die twice and getting one six. And that every math teacher I've ever had is completely incorrect.

Also, thanks for explaining your reasoning; that's a very good point.
Lowell wrote:@az- there being one cop has ABSOLUTELY nothign to do with there being two cops. Your argument is meaningless.

@lobster- okay hotshot, lay it on me. Let's hear these secret reasons of yours.
I explained my reasoning for the "one cop" theory above.

And even if there somehow is two cops, there is absolutely no excuse for a real cop to survive the night on their own after claiming. (Last night's could be explained by a doctor, but the night before was completely inexplicable.)

Finally, you might want to try some new tactics. Our good friend Dana has already shown us all what a great defense claiming people's arguments are meaningless without actually disproving them is.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #20) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Azelf »

Gheb wrote:No it's not we lynch inactives first.
Remember, trying to derail scumhunting by telling the town to lynch someone you want them to is totally an advisable strategy.
Lowell wrote:
vote hewitt

Well this game is dying. Here's one of the worst offenders.
I find it awfully convenient that the game is "dying" at exactly the same time that people are scumhunting you.
lobstermania wrote:Then I'll spill the beans. I'm the doc. Fifi protected Lowell night one, and I protected Wdjat night two. I find it odd that the scum wouldn't try to kill the claimed doc on either night with no proof of a doc in the game. Kunk has been acting quite bossy and full of himself ever since Lowell vouched for him. If Lowell turns up scum I would place money that Kunk is his partner.

Vote: Lowell
Actually, I think that Kunk would probably be Lowell's partner too. Interesting.

Anyways, thanks for the info; this pretty much seals it. There is now no possible way Lowell is a cop.
Also, didn't you mean "claimed cop"?
Lowell wrote:Well it's a start for activity, but you're barking up the wrong tree.
Say, would you care to explain how you survived two nights in a row without a doctor protecting you either night?
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (isolation #21) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Azelf »

Lowell wrote:1) Maybe a doctor
did
protect me.

2) Scum thought a doctor would be protecting me.

3) Scum wanted to set up a "hey Lowell didn't die!" situation, getting the town to do their work for them.

Take your pick.
Another
doctor? Yeah, right.

2. Considering the small odds of a doctor appearing, most scum would think it worth the risk if they had a chance to kill the cop.

3. And let a possible cop investigate someone over the night, perhaps even finding one of them guilty? Unlikely.

Overall, you've just been making paltry excuses for your continued survival after roleclaim, and the town's somehow eaten it up. It's shocking that you've even survived this long.
lobstermania wrote:
Azelf wrote:Also, didn't you mean "claimed cop"?
Yes, I did. Thanks for clearing that up.
Azelf wrote:Say, would you care to explain how you survived two nights in a row without a doctor protecting you either night?
Well actually, the1fifi protected Lowell night one.
True, but that was the night the scum decided to kill someone else... so that's still fairly inexplicable.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #22) » Sat May 15, 2010 7:15 am

Post by Azelf »

Because I don't particularly feel like being prodded right now.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (isolation #23) » Sun May 16, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Azelf »

Gayle wrote:>>Implying that the mod is actually around to prod people
Good point is good.

I'm beginning to think somebody should prod the moderator. -_-
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (isolation #24) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by Azelf »

@JacobSavage-
VOTECOUNT: Because our mod's sure not going to do it.

Seriously, though, I strongly suspect that the mod's abandoned this game.
I'll PM him about it and see if he picks up.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (isolation #25) » Sat May 22, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Azelf »

It's been four days, and the mod hasn't even picked up my PM.

I think we can pretty much declare this game abandoned.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #26) » Sat May 22, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Azelf »

EDBWOP:
The mod's been missing for a grand total of 20 days. If a player was missing for that long... yeah.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #27) » Sun May 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Azelf »

I would have guessed Lowell and Kunkstar, but each to his own.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (isolation #28) » Mon May 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Azelf »

Very well, then. Let's do this!

Vote: Continue
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #29) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Azelf »

Hey again, Nachomamma. Good to see we're getting some much-needed replacements around here.

Lowell: Although I appreciate your finally revealing investigation results, I still see no reason why you couldn't have simply done that at the start of the day. Coming when it did, this seems eerily like an attempt to pacify me.

Your claim as to why I was investigated is also slightly unbelievable. If I was in the position you claim to be in, the obvious reason to investigate me would be "trying to lynch the cop".

Gheb: Yes, it would be nice to see some actual reasons for your suspicions.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (isolation #30) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Azelf »

Keep on trollin'
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Azelf »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Alright, so right now, I'm feeling a second Lowell lynch or a Gheb lynch.

Lowell again just because it'd be funny if he got lynched, replaced back in, and then got lynched again.
DO IT.

Anyways, my time on the computer is a bit limited right now, so I'll read over everything and decide who I want lynched sometime this weekend.

In the meantime, I'm really not comfortable with someone who was already lynched being put back into the game, but I'm not uncomfortable enough to leave, so I guess I'll deal with it.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Azelf »

Gayle wrote:Wjdat was most likely town, and so Lowell II is likely town. Azelf is also likely town considering for a while he was the only one bothering to do any scum hunting.

As far as I remember, JacobSavage was scummy. For some reason.
Vote: JacobSavage

I have a theory that I can make this kind of post and no one will call me out because no one is around.
EDBWOP: Didn't notice this last time.

Vote: Gayle

I like people to provide reasons for their votes.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #33) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Azelf »

NOTE: From hereon, the pre-lynch Lowell will be referred to as "Lowell Mark I" while the after-lynch Lowell will be referred to as "Lowell Mark II".

Hopefully this will help eliminate confusion.

And now, synopsis as promised.

Wdjat was eh pretty cool guy back in the day, but since Lowell Mark II hasn't done anything particularly distinctive yet, I'll give him a neutral rating.

Gayle and Nachomamma both have pretty much the same general synopsis; they've been fairly active, speculated, and done some decent scumhunting. Faintly town vibes.

I agree with Kunkstar that JacobSavage needs to do a little bit of looking into those two people himself before he asks us to do it for him. Why would we investigate a pretty town person and someone who just replaced in without evidence that we need to?

Gheb is pretty much a lurker. Like Gayle, I find his suddenly being not OK with quickhammer after being fine with it before curious. Faintly scum.

Kunkstar was doing some pretty suspicious buddying with Lowell Mark I back in the "HEY LOOK I'M A COP LOLOLOLOL" period, but he gets a few town points for some recent scumhunting. Also faintly scum.

Overall, I like the Gheb wagon, due to how quickly he swung from being fine with Lowell's lynch to not being fine with it once he turned out to be town.

Until he explains this to us satisfactorily,
Vote: Gheb

Finally, Gayle, do you have any comment on the aforementioned issue with Gheb?

Please note that unless I've miscounted the amount of people in this round (7), Gheb is now at L-2.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Azelf »

Gheb wrote:Sorry been out all weekend. Not getting the case on me.

Being fine with somebody's lynch =/= OK with somebody being lynched here and now. It's not a contradiction. Stop pseudo-hunting.
If you were OK with Lowell being lynched
at the exact time you claimed you were fine with his lynch
, as you suggested with that post, that would have been a heck of a lot of a faster lynch than what actually happened.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Azelf »

Gayle wrote:@Nacho: Gheb being town is my opinion. He has been pretty straightforward the entire game, even if I don't often agree with his opinion.

If you think I am going to put any kind of effort into defending another player or argue against a case that doesn't concern me you are going to be disappointed. I'm going to state my suspicions and cast my vote. What everyone else does is up to them.
TRYING TO STOP TOWN FROM BEING LYNCHED: Totally not worth it.
Gheb wrote:It's kind of hard to "prod a game along" when half of the people aren't just lurking but flat out inactive. And if I like push for a lynch against these people I'm suddenly suspect like me trying to get Wdjat lynched. It's lose / lose for me no matter what I do.
You had no response to
Azelf wrote:If you were OK with Lowell being lynched
at the exact time you claimed you were fine with his lynch
, as you suggested with that post, that would have been a heck of a lot of a faster lynch than what actually happened.
which suggests that I'm right about you wanting him hammered then. Why are you not OK with a quicklynch but OK with a MUCH quicker quicklynch?

Also, the reason you were suspect was because you tried to get him lynched
without providing any good reason why.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (isolation #36) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Azelf »

kunkstar7 wrote:What? That makes no sense. If you believe someone is town you should defend them, doing otherwise is obviously anti-town as you are allowing what you believe is a mislynch to go through?
As you seem not to have noticed, I was commenting on the quote above that statement.
Gheb wrote:Azelf, I have no idea what you try to say. I said "I'm OK if he's lynched". That's something way different than "OK let's lynch him now".

Seriously, it's not THAT hard to understand
Actually, in Mafia, those two statements
are
the same. By saying you are "OK" with his lynch, you are saying that you want him lynched. Right then.
Gayle wrote:Personally, I think defending a person just because you
think
they
might
be town is retarded. Especially when dealing with a player like Azelf who likes to make a big deal out of nothing.
Defending someone you think might be town is still important; if you can clear them, it leaves the town free to go after scummy people.

And as long as we're on that topic, that thing I'm doing; that's called scumhunting. Please clarify what you have against it.
JacobSavage wrote:Right this is one of these cases that if I explain, the magic wears off :)
I think thats the lot
Let's get straight to the point. Make the magic wear off, or I'll hammer you.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Azelf »

Gheb wrote:Why should it be the same thing Azelf? If I say I'm OK with X being lynched then I say that it's OK if he's lynched on this particular day (in game day) but not right now.

I mean if you want to misconstrue it to make me look like scum then go ahead.
Basically, this is just you trying to lead town in circles by claiming you didn't say something even when you obviously said the thing.

In this case, you actually said you wanted him lynched then immediately claimed you didn't.

That you haven't been lynched yet is truly amazing.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #38) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Azelf »

Lowell wrote:Yeah we're not going to know I guess unless someone claims doc. Which by the way I recommend (OMG OMG SOOOO SCUMMY) because docs are useless anyway.
What, you're not satisfied with getting one doctor nightkilled for no reason?
JacobSavage wrote:Now to revel the most amazing plan in existence :)
Dear god, you really thought about this...

At any rate, I'm of the impression that your plan wouldn't work, for this reason;
Farside seems to be a competent mod, and I don't think she would have decided to reboot the game if she couldn't figure out what everyone's role was from their PMs.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #39) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Azelf »

Nobody is talking, so nobody has anything to respond to, so nobody is talking. Real fun, eh?
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:53 am

Post by Azelf »

I believe I've discussed the gheb lynch already.

Vote: gheb
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Azelf »

Gayle wrote:Mister Azelf, you do realize that we are in lylo, yes? And you realize that there are only five players, yes? And that of those five, two are scum? And that that means that if Gheb is town, both the scum can quickly add their votes to yours and end the game?

Also, was "I like the Gheb wagon, due to how quickly he swung from being fine with Lowell's lynch to not being fine with it once he turned out to be town." your only reason for suspecting Gheb?
I realize we're in LYLO. I'm certain enough of Gheb's alignment to be voting him now.

Also, that's a reason to suspect Gheb, but the main reason I think Gheb is scum is because of how he kept blatantly lying when pressed.

Of course, Gheb's already been lynched, but I like to clarify these things.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (isolation #42) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Azelf »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Good job not taking this game seriously, town.

Return to “Completed Open Games”