Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Blastinus »

/in. Sorry for making you wait.
Have pity on the weak. Kill the strong guys first.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Blastinus »

Relevance of argument has no bearing on day one. Whoever you vote for, you vote for on no evidence aside from prior knowledge and arbitrary outside views. Unless a person outright goes "Blargh! I'm the Mafia!" I don't see why there's a problem with voting for petty reasons on day one.

That said, I agree with the seizures argument. Obviously Yabbaguy is trying to kill the users themselves.

Vote: Yabbaguy
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Blastinus »

By "arbitrary outside views," I'm referring to people's preconceptions of players from other games. This is in reference to the guy a page or two back who voted for me simply due to the fact that we know each other.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Blastinus »

Geez, I make one statement and everybody's mocking me left and right. I do love the internet.

Though I do admit that I am guilty of being relatively new to the game (total times played with friends: about 15, total times played online: 1). Take that as you will.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Blastinus »

The online game I played before indulged in a lot of bandwagoning, actually. Someone would be like, "This guy is scum! We should lynch this guy!" and everyone else would go, "Okay!" Not really much productive activity occurred in that game.

But enough about me.

To be honest, Yab, I was being mostly satirical about the avatar vote. I don't know anyone in this game enough to make an educated guess.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:04 am

Post by Blastinus »

yabbaguy wrote:I'm gonna play an actual vote.

Vote: Blastinus

I'm not sure what's up, but he's a bit antsy and overreactive to some things. It sounds borderline defensive, 87 + 92 for some examples of this. Either that, or he just has a poor sense of humor. Can't tell.
I love these types of choices. Anyway, yes on the nervousness, yes on the lack of humor. But that doesn't make me Scum.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Blastinus »

There's a BIG difference between being Scummy and being Anti-Town, Col. Cathart. One of them means you're the Mafia specifically, the other one means that you're a class that opposes the town, like the Serial Killer and so forth.

Anyway, I'm going to change my vote, I think. There's someone else who's been making me curious.

UNVOTE

Vote: Nikanor

Randomly accusing people on the slightest of pretenses seems, at the very least, to be against the well-being of the town.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Blastinus »

Different board, different vocabulary. The definition I gave was how the distinction was made on the board I was on before here.

As for the second part, it's only "bad reasoning" because it's a vote against you. You said yourself that NOT jumping on a bandwagon is anti-town, therefore by voting to get rid of you, like four other people, I must be pro-town. Unless you're saying that your previous statement only applies to bandwagons that aren't against you.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Blastinus »

I'm insulted that you called Zwet a VI! :D

Anyway, from what I've seen in most Mafia games I've been in (not like that counts for anything though, as you've already seen), the people who are the most forward with theories or suspicions are usually, at the very least, non-townies. Looking at it with a logical viewpoint, therefore, Nikanor doesn't seem like a member of the Mafia to me. His accusations jump too much for him to be actively trying to frame somebody.

If you don't mind me asking, is there anything about 12KB besides the fact that he lurks that makes you think he's a Mafia? Just because someone doesn't post doesn't mean that they're trying to fly under the radar. This early into the game, it's not like there's much more to go on, but I'm just curious.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Blastinus »

It's a...

*decides to actually consult the wiki before answering this time*

Okay, it stands for Village Idiot. I thought it was Vigilante. That would have been stupid.

Basically, a Village Idiot, according to the wiki, is someone who accidentally acts Scummy due to inexperience, causing suspicion to arise that the person actually is Scum. It's generally a bad thing to have this label thrust upon you, because it implies that you're doing something very VERY wrong.

Incidentally, here's a link to the Mafiascum wiki. It's good for consulting terminology you're confused with.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Blastinus »

I should
Unvote
too, seeing as I currently have a vote on you.

I'm kind of unsure if the people who've been validated are, in fact, completely clean. I'm not even sure if WarWound is legitimately new to this game, or just pretending to be so that people don't suspect him (not accusing you of it, just illustrating a point). Right now, I think I'll play it by ear before making a new vote.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Blastinus »

12KB has five votes? Seriously? I must have missed a couple when reading up on what was happening.

I don't know if I should vote for the guy, honestly. He hasn't really provided much of a defense for his lack of posting, but at the same time, he could just be busy. I think I'll wait until the end of today, and if he hasn't given a good explanation, then I'll vote for him.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by Blastinus »

Flava Flave wrote:Scumlist:
Keyblade
Pom
foilist
dramonic
Blast
.......Elaborate, if you would. You've been quoting everyone else on that list, but nothing from me. I'm curious as to what I've been doing that makes me scummy, if you don't mind me asking.

Also, true to my word, I haven't seen anything from Keyblade, so I'm voting for him.

Vote: Keyblade
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Blastinus »

There's an awful lot of defensiveness in Iguana's reply to the accusations against her, but I'm not reading scum behind it. She's setting herself up too much, especially by categorizing people by suspicions several pages back, for her to be trying to stay alive in this game. A Mafia member would be more subtle in setting up votes and suspicions, not absolutely blatant like this. Best I can figure is that she's just a very odd town role.

On the other hand, I'm starting to get a little suspicious about WarWound. The guy is very testy about people accusing him of stuff, and gets offended easily. That gives me the feeling that he's trying to make people uncomfortable about pointing fingers at him. For now, it's worth keeping an eye on.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Blastinus »

Bad grammar is just a case of bad literacy, not so much scumminess. But what do I know, right?

Anyway, at the moment, I can't say that anyone's giving me a big read. My vote's still on Keyblade, but I can see where the arguments about Honcho, Iguana, and others are coming from.

My current problem with WarWound's assertion of bad past experiences with Mafia is that he's had plenty of time at this point to see what this board's standard of play is, but he hasn't made much effort at all to step up his game to compensate for it. He's still doing posts of one line, most of which don't have much substance to them at all. At this point, I think he's trying to milk his newb pass as far as he can.

As for Hyl's table of suspicions, I have problems with his placement of Foilist and Dramonic. I'd put Foilist and Dramonic in the neutral area, personally. I don't know exactly why this is, but I've got this feeling that they aren't scum. But, as I mentioned, what do I know?
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Blastinus »

Sarcastic self-deprecation is scummy too? Geez, is there anything in this game which ISN'T a sure sign that a person has gone to the dark side?

And don't worry, Dramonic, I'm not angry so much as bursting a gut laughing at the idiocy of it.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:05 am

Post by Blastinus »

Col.Cathart wrote:Second place on my list (aex aequo) goes to Blastinus and Foilist (now ZazieR). As I stated already, they hop on the K12/AH wagon look more like an opportunistic jump, rather than really following the case.

Blast, as you now know, that K12 didn't said anything because he was inactive, what do you now think about this wagon, and the case?
Yeah, there's a problem with that, Cathy. I can see now that Keyblade was only being inactive, so that theoretically would have annulled all suspicions against him, if his replacement hadn't immediately gone around accusing other people of having scummy intentions. That didn't sit well in my craw, obviously, so the vote stays.

Here's a hint, Antihero. If you want people to unvote you, making an insulting rewording is generally not the best way to go about it.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #534 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Blastinus »

Sorry about the not-posting. My siblings were over from college for a week so I didn't have too much time for the site.

Anyway, give me a bit, and I'll have an opinion on what's going on. Gotta do a quick reread of the last five pages.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #540 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Blastinus »

Wow. Miss a few pages, and you miss a lot.

Anyway, on the topic of Zwet, my main difficulty with his posts is that he's incredibly vague with almost everything he does and says. Like WarWound, he's doing almost nothing but posts of one line, and sometimes the posts are completely meaningless, like this one for instance:
How is yabba not dead?
Answer: Because nobody else voted for him after you did. You could figure that out yourself without needing to make a post about it.

These posts, and similar posts of that kind, are practically lurking, considering their general lack of meaningful content. At least WW has the excuse of being new to this game. Zwet doesn't have that luxury.

Unvote. Vote: Zwet

To be honest, at this point, I still think that AntiHero is scummy, but as he has seemingly dropped off the face of the earth, he's probably going to get replaced anyway.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #557 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Blastinus »

WarWound wrote:HEY, i posted more than 1 sentence 3 times, they were a paragraph or two wrong, can you at least give me that?
Duly noted. My apologies for generalizing.

Anyway, to answer Iguana's question of why I think AntiHero is scummy, I have to admit that I mostly voted for him because he rubbed me the wrong way in his first post by basically accusing me of doing nothing but making half-baked suspicions and jumping on bandwagons. Oh, and there was the part right at the end where he reworded one of my most recent posts (at the time) in a way that made me seem like an absolute moron. Needless to say, that didn't sit well with me at all.

But, like I said, he's vanished, so I don't think that voting for him would accomplish much anyway, whether or not he is scum.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Blastinus »

Col.Cathart wrote:Blast: It's interesting though, how you jumped 12KB wagon when it had already some people on it, for pretty weak reason, and now you jumped on zwet wagon, for reasons, because he plays like typical zwet (Here you have an example. He behaved exactly the same with 'why is xxx still alive' etc. etc. and he was a Doc), and not because of, for example, his slip, which SpyreX already covered with details.

Also, does anyone else looks suspicious to you?
Here's the thing. As mentioned above, just because a fellow wastes time in the same way each game, that doesn't mean that he's automatically the same sort of role. If the guy's going to confuse the issue of voting for Mafia by making vaguely suspicious statements, then he's obstructing progress anyway, no matter what he is.

Also, please don't ask me to make fingers of suspicion. I don't have the patience to slog through five or six people demanding that I explain every single statement I make.
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #653 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by Blastinus »

Hey, sorry for not posting too often, but I really don't have much to say.

In terms of WarWound and Zwet, I think that both of them are anti-town at the very least, just due to the general quality of the posts they've made. And don't bring up the few posts where you actually wrote paragraphs, WW. You haven't been making paragraphs since then, so it doesn't especially matter whether you did so in the past.

I don't think that Brosius, Yabba, Iguana, or Spyre are scum. If you want, I can give you specific examples of posts I've seen that make me think this. For now though, I'm going by gut instinct based on their posts in general (although I do kind of agree that Scott Brosius's posts could have more talking about suspicions and votes and whatnot).

Return to “Completed Open Games”