Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #157 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by Tempest »

hmmm seven pages. looks like I missed the best part of the game :(

Catboi. We meet again. I was trying to think of a quippy little hahaha sucks you drew scum you so scared of me boi, but sadly the best I can hope for right now is that I don't drool on my keyboard. Though the time for that has probably passed anyway.

Hi everyone I know and everyone I don't!

I've never played this setup before, and I need to read the setup again. I read it wrong a couple days ago and thought it said that if you get three soliders in one room together town wins and I was like oh this should be easy peasy, but this morning when I reread it, it's three scum so lolme. I might have questions about the setup once I read the first few pages though!

I've been up since 4 and have had a stupid long day. I'm gonna jump in bed and try to read the first few pages, but it's entirely likely I fall asleep before I finish the first page. Unless mafia insomnia kicks in, but let's hope not! So, it's more likely that I just see you all tomorrow.

(Oh, and those of you who do know me and know how terrified I am to finally draw scum again, nope no sorry, you're gonna have to wait to witness that humiliation for another day.)

okay bye bye
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:27 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 161, absinthe wrote:
Do not speak of mafia insomnia!
Definitely don’t want to will it into existence but I was scared I was gonna fall asleep on my drive home, and was like watch I’ll open the thread and won’t be able to sleep :/
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 168, Chara wrote:
In post 162, Chara wrote:kind of want to take Tammy's dislike of rolling scum at face value and call that a scum entrance.
at the same time i feel such a read will figure itself out over the course of the day.
to elaborate, feels self-conscious in a way i do not love.
Oh hi. People who don’t really know me tend to dislike my openings. Also I’m probably one of the most self-conscious people you’ll meet.

It’s all part of my charm :)
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:38 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 180, Chara wrote:
In post 174, Tempest wrote:
In post 168, Chara wrote:
In post 162, Chara wrote:kind of want to take Tammy's dislike of rolling scum at face value and call that a scum entrance.
at the same time i feel such a read will figure itself out over the course of the day.
to elaborate, feels self-conscious in a way i do not love.
Oh hi. People who don’t really know me tend to dislike my openings. Also I’m probably one of the most self-conscious people you’ll meet.

It’s all part of my charm :)
well, my uneducated opinion on you is that you'll towntell all over the place if town. i have no basis for this, but excited to play with you all the same. :>
Thank you! I’m looking forward to playing with you too. I’m not sure if we played together before but I did spectate some of isis’s undertale? games so I remember you.

I don’t towntell in the same ways I did years ago. I thought it was going to be a problem when I started playing again, but surprisingly I’ve still been an easy read. So hopefully I haven’t lost my mojo!
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:05 pm

Post by Tempest »

Yeah I’m too tired to make sense of the setup discussion so far, so I’ll read it tomorrow.

I have a really hard time conceptualizing games until I’m in it. And I’m just not there on the benefits of each room, and I keep having to go back to the setup to see what each room is, so I give up for tonight.. I do think that catboi’s suggestion on this page I think is how I thought the game was going to be approached.

Yeah I have no thoughts.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:00 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 280, Faker wrote:157 is actually so rough. If you're scum Tammy just take it easy. Find one thing to engage with and get in a flow, it makes it easier.

Pbbbblrt your face is rough and I’m not scum pinkie promise
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:10 pm

Post by Tempest »

But I can’t help checking the thread even though I’m trying to fall asleep. And you said my name!

BUT there is no weakness to hard punish or exploit. Well I mean there is, but not in the way you implied.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:22 pm

Post by Tempest »

I’m not anxious and I wasn’t being patronizing, sorry if it came across that way. I thought your rough comment was funny and I’m very used to people not liking my entrance post.

I don’t have anything else to respond to because I haven’t read the game yet. I tried but I’m too tired to process setup stuff, so right now the only thing that interests me is me.

I’m not anxious though. Well I am a little because as I’m laying here thinking about my strengths and weaknesses, I’m thinking about how badly I could fuck up in each scenario. I don’t make it to 3p very often and uhhhh yeah.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:27 pm

Post by Tempest »

Well that flew right over my head lol
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:53 am

Post by Tempest »

I’m torn between seeing a free for all to see where people put themselves and if they can be read that way and trying to shape this in some way to try to make the next part easier if that can be done. It’d be super cool if we could manage to get scum in one room and go for the immediate win but I’m not entirely sure how likely it would be and it wouldn’t be very fun.

While I was trying to fall asleep last night, I was trying to decide which room would work best for me, and I thought about which of my weaknesses could affect each place, and I think I came out with having no real preference for where I go. I don’t really want to talk about my biggest weakness as I don’t want that to be used against me in the night decisions. Though if ffery is scum, she’s probably laughing in delight. Maybe catboi and faker too.

Anyway, I still need to read through the first pages.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:01 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 288, Faker wrote:but you lurked anyway until i said that???

queen help u help urself, get some sleep
How serious was the lurking bit? I took all of our interaction last night as some good natured teasing, which the exception of you thinking my opening was rough. (Skitter had the right of it though! I don’t think the people who do know how to read my early game would have a read from it.)

But after you mentioned you being patronizing, I thought maybe i misinterpreted seriousness for joking. So was that part serious?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Tempest »

Ouch go for the jugular!

That’s okay though! Sometimes I’m an acquired taste.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:35 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 34, demona wrote:
In post 24, Coral wrote:It seems like there's an implied assumption here that you are or will be obvtown, is that what you're saying? What makes you special in that regard over anyone else, I guess is what I'm asking.
i don't think it makes me special or anything but past history

like i've never been eliminated as town in a traditional elimination (closest were the 4/4 split in slaughter hour and the werewolf majority game) or shot by a vigilante or anything

so regardless of my capabilities or lack there of of actually finding other towns/mafias

like i get that there is and should be an expectation for me to do so and i will do my best to do so

but that's probably not my greatest strength whereas the keep probably would be best application of my skillset

though if someone familiar with me disagrees i'd be interested in thoughts and such
In how many games? (Not game related really. I just enjoy finding other hard to eliminate people; though I don’t think I’m that hard anymore.)

I guess in the end, the bit about locking up either room due to obvtowness or being an ic doesn’t matter too much based on who they move, and I liked some of your thoughts about yourself and how you’ll be found because they match how I feel about myself in general.

But do you also think that you are good at finding other town? Do you enjoy the pressure of being the decider in 3p? Or is your desire for where to go based mostly on you believing yourself easy to find?

What I’m quoting does sound like the latter but just wanted to make sure.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:38 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 301, skitter30 wrote:
In post 299, Tempest wrote:Ouch go for the jugular!

That’s okay though! Sometimes I’m an acquired taste.
Could be!
Not sure it makes you scum either tho
It doesn’t, but my early game does ping people sometimes especially when they don’t know me. But, it’s okay, usually people get over it.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:48 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 302, catboi wrote: hi tammy, do you have thoughts on the players in the game

(I realize this is hypocritical as I have been pointedly avoiding stating any reads and making myself harder to read. I don't care)
You don’t have to be so self-conscious. I wasn’t gonna call you out for being a hypocrite!

Have I not given thoughts on myself? I’m a player in the game. I’m town and amazing. (I’m also very tired don’t mind me.)

I think I’m on page three and I have no real thoughts other than liking demona’s early game and belief she’ll be easily found. But that’s because it feels a bit like me and that’s dangerous, so we’ll see.

Other than that. Last night when skimming and I waiting for someone to talk to about or about me, I thought that isis’ posts were constructed in a way that didn’t feel natural. I do not know if that was a real thing or just me having a hard time following because it was well past my bedtime but I thought I remembered once long ago thinking isis seemed more formal as scum. We will see though so stay tuned!
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:51 am

Post by Tempest »

Ugh sorry if some of that is mangled. I’m still in bed on my phone and should find my glasses. Or get up and grab m computer but house cold bed warm
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:57 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 41, Chara wrote:i agree with the faker, catching scum flailing in surprise can happen but i don't feel one can plan for it.

my eyes keep reading your icon as a delicious cookie. :<
Haha me too! I was like wait it’s not a cookie. Nope lol
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Tempest »

I was mistaken. I’m on page 2. That is the hope unless my desire to finish psycho pass overwhelms my desire to get caught up in the game. :p

Are you going to interact with me on something other than mafia insomnia or my eta if I do? Do you promise promise?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:12 am

Post by Tempest »

Ask me a question and don’t even respond to my very thoughtful response. NOT NICE
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #19) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:21 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 322, catboi wrote:
In post 320, Tempest wrote:Ask me a question and don’t even respond to my very thoughtful response. NOT NICE
Sorry I just didn't actually have anything to say in response to that. Noted, moving on, etc, I'll wait until you're caught up.
Yeah I just feel like posting something silly. Last night you got brain dead tired me, today you get hasn’t slept for a couple days loopy me. I’ll try to contain myself!
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #20) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:23 am

Post by Tempest »

I don’t follow the talk about quarantining faker.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #21) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 72, demona wrote:
In post 28, catboi wrote:I was typing out an answer to this when I realized I don't actually need to give scum advice on how to play. If you think you'll be able to be reliably read as town and are comfortable with hammering, go for it.
eh it's like

if i lock in the keep and the mafia don't move me because they think whoever they have there is more likely to be townread by the town or wifom or whatever i feel like we're in good shape

but also maybe i shouldn't feel that way because of how the slaughter hour split played out or at the very least not so strongly

idk if i feel comfortable hammering,

other option for me i guess was to lurk/wallpost and eventually lock in the wall and hope to not be the one chosen to become confirmed and then be me day two and make the choice easy for the confirmed

but!

it's a bit late for that i was too excited to really want to halfplay for five days
You might be better at the keep then.

Actually, since the keep is the one where we need to find town, would it be beneficial for us to try to put the most consensus town read players in the keep? I realize that scum would need to move one in there but wouldn’t that also tie up one of their night movements making shenanigans less likely?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #22) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 75, catboi wrote:I'm going to eschew that entirely and engage solely in banter in order to gauge reactions.
Up your game!
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #23) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:01 am

Post by Tempest »

It’s that it’s dangerous for me to go oh demona feels like town to me because the way she’s asserting her ability to be read as town feels very similar to how I feel about my own play and confidence that when I’m town it’s obvious and most people will find that. It’s dangerous because it’s kinda projecting and I don’t know your capabilities as scum.

It’s just the same type of dangerous when someone goes, “this person is town because they’re making the same comments I was thinking when I read the game. They’re seeing the game the same as me so they’re town.” While sometimes true it’s just an egotistical read that can throw off all your reads.

So I like your posts surrounding that because I identify with it, but that’s a dangerous slope for me to fall into so I try to hold myself in check. I’m not sure if any of that makes sense.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #24) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 141, Isis wrote:
In post 119, Coral wrote:I think the optimal approach here is to find all the scum day 1, then hard townread all of them, lock into the gate, and hope they make me IC for my wrong reads and then boom I turn on them
This made me laugh. Any one who makes me laugh at my screen is town right?
/quote]

In general funny is town. It is known.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #25) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Tempest »

Nobody asked where I was before I got here! I love you all.

Old expectations and dumb meta is wiped clean.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #26) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Tempest »

It took me way too long to realize that was just a description of what is happening to you right now and not a story about how you felt reading the post.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #27) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:48 am

Post by Tempest »

Can you talk about coral?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #28) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:52 am

Post by Tempest »

I know it’s a reference to the amount of times I used to use that word. But I’m not sure what she means in connection to that post.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #29) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:01 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 348, Tempest wrote:Can you talk about coral?

Isis - this question is for you.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #30) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 270, Faker wrote:
In post 266, Chara wrote:Wall
Faker
Chara
demona
Putting me with two people I can't read to save my life, nice
Do you disagree with demona that demona is super easy to read as town?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #31) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 353, Isis wrote:Coral made me laugh, at paramount.

The retrospective of her early reads as corrected is a lot better than her misunderstood one. I haven't been chipper enough to radiate light this game and wait-and-see is actually an optimized way to fish for the Isis-hates-being-scum-tell, aggressive page 5s on me tend to false positive or fix the energy problem for scumisis.
I guess I have a more vivid picture of how she's trying to push the game into an unfogged state than like catboi as an outlier or everybody else generally (including demona fwiw, different reasoning there)
Hmm not sure I follow that completely, but I’ll revisit it if I have questions.

I originally asked because at the time you posted it, my opinion was that I liked her posts generally but the majority of it was setup discussion which shouldn’t really be ai, but since then I’ve gotten to the interaction with skitter and chara, and I liked her posts there and came out of it a little suspicious of chara.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #32) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:34 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 360, Chara wrote:i'm concerned that skitter's "oh Tammy might actually be scum" post and my own initial read are both biasing me into continuing to read Tammy's contribitions as scum.
My mojo might be gone, but really nobody needs to worry about me this game.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #33) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:39 am

Post by Tempest »

I’m caught up. I’m gonna go eat and finish psycho pass but I’ll be around.

Kinda just wanna go all in on my demona townread danger be damned!

Give more thoughts later but I’m hungry.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #34) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:46 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 347, Isis wrote:
In post 327, absinthe wrote:
In post 326, Tempest wrote:wouldn’t that also tie up one of their night movements making shenanigans less likely?
bucket
Posting psycho pass spoilers is +EV +MV
Makishima is the best villain ever. I identify with this so much:

Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #35) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:50 am

Post by Tempest »

Well that’s depressing.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #36) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:18 am

Post by Tempest »

Not sure if I’ll watch season two when all the characters I found the most interesting won’t be there.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (isolation #37) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 499, Chara wrote:
In post 496, Tempest wrote:Not sure if I’ll watch season two when all the characters I found the most interesting won’t be there.
play the game with us Tammy! what are your reads? what do you think about shiki's dramatic Wall vote??

I will do what I want to do when I want to do it.

Don’t act like I haven’t been here reading and playing all morning and didn’t say I was stepping away to do exactly what I did.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #38) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 398, Faker wrote:
In post 395, Tempest wrote:Well that’s depressing.
If you're town I'll get there eventually~

I'll again circle back pretty soon with earlier discussions, and my read isn't set in stone. Let's work it out!
Let’s hope but it’s no matter. I’m just doing my own thing and if I’m not jelling with this game then I’m not. I feel just fine but maybe I’m not the shining ray I think I am.

Now that I’m in the game though I kinda wish I did draw scum. One because id like to get my humiliation over with. I feel like the dreaded first scum game in forever is like the hugest slap bet that’s just lingering. But two and this is the biggest is that I think this setup would be easier as scum. Even if I was caught right away, id still have a manner of control. As it is I’m looking at the possibilities and am worried I’m gonna be dealing with the same issues I had in trust fall, and I’m worried I’m going to mess everything up either because someone can’t read me or I get so paranoid I miss. What I do think right now is that if I am staying at the bottom of peoples lists and town can’t find me, I want my room resolved first. I realize it’s only day two and reads change, but that’s what I want if I’m still suspected.

I am kinda bummed that demona voted for the wall. I was hoping that someone would interact with y thought about trying to get town reads to the keep but only ferry commented. I don’t know if my thought is moot now and maybe it was dumb to begin with but it’d be nice to not be ignored about it.

I do have some concerns on ffery’s latest post as it feels like she’s using the momentum of suspicion on me in a scummy way. Do I think she should have me as town? Probably not I guess If I’m having an off game but I guess I didn’t expect the kind of “I haven’t seen Tammy-scum in years”. No shit, I haven’t seen Tammy scum since 2017, nobody knows what she looks like anymore. (I don’t count scumsman).
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #39) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 510, Faker wrote:In general Tempest I think you've been pretty self-conscious this game and preemptively afraid. I really did think you might have felt pressured to post and overcome the scumxiety when I missed you, but our interaction last night added to it. One reading was that you just missed the joke because my humor is bad, but the other is that you missed it because you were so worried I was making a point
against
you that you had to respond to.

As town I know you hate pushes on you to begin with and can be fierce about playing defense, and probably pushing harder would net an answer, but that probably wouldn't be fun even if it got the answer, and I don't want to just savagely beat down and demoralize
anyone
this game even if they're scum, which is kind of a first but I've grown so much more cooperative over the last few months and really just want to see people improve. I'm also just confident that we have time to sort, and I'm down to go in the same game though ffery might be better.

I'm also just down to dialogue about someone else entirely if you want, I asked earlier about fleshing out the thoughts on demona but maybe cat/ffery would be better.
You are totally misreading my mindstate. I don’t feel any more self conscious than I do at any other time in my life. I kinda thought chara was scummy for suggesting it last night because it’s such a buzzword scum like to throw around to justify suspicion on me. I know I joked it off, but I actually wasn’t feeling self conscious last night at all.

Part of the reason I kept checking the thread last night was to see if you’d come in so I could say hi. I didn’t feel pressured to post. I posted because I wanted to. I doubt very seriously I’d feeel the need to scuttle in and post after I’d already said I was going to bed. Past scum me usually waited those things out out of concern that I would look like I felt pressured to post.

Anyway I didn’t see you ask about my thoughts on demona. I’ll catch up from my break and get back to you.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #40) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:20 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 523, Faker wrote:
In post 521, Tempest wrote:Now that I’m in the game though I kinda wish I did draw scum.
Wishes do come true!!!!
Look I get it you think I’m scum. Can you not.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #41) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Tempest »

My thought on sending consensus town reads to the keep though was since that’s the one where the town read matters, if we are right on those townreads scum has to use one of their two moves to move scum into the keep which could help tomorrow and would use up one of their moves for that. They would have one fewer moves to make widow choices to mess with us if we are right on those three townreads.

I don’t care where I go because it doesn’t matter. If scum want me somewhere else, they’ll just move me.

I also don’t care if you want to stick me in a group hoping to get all scum. Then you just get to reassess your reads tomorrow and that might be beneficial too.

I don’t care who I’m with because while in a normal game I think I’d be able to get a read on catboi, prism and ffery, I’m not sure this setup will allow me to do that with any confidence. So I don’t care who I’m placed with. I can go into a room with one or two of them and I think my chances at getting it right are about the same as me going with anyone else.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #42) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:40 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 529, Faker wrote:How about I just pretend you're clear and town entirely until Day 2? Would that help?
No I don’t want that. I want you to sort me and get it right and maybe in the process I get you right.

I just don’t want little jabs at me about me being scum when you’re really calling me scum when I’m not scum. If you were just trolling me because you were being silly or trying for a reaction, I’d just roll with it.

I’m not saying don’t call me scum because it’s mafia after all. Just not the salt in the sounds okay.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #43) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:40 am

Post by Tempest »

*wounds
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #44) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:49 am

Post by Tempest »

Also I don’t want you to be sorry about ruffling my feathers. Push me how you need to. I think I do a lot better about being pushed in general, but it’s a game and I won’t have any hard feelings after it even if I’m mad in the process. I’ll try not to bite back too hard!
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (isolation #45) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:58 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 430, Faker wrote:Coral might be a good fit there, bit more formal but definitely same whimsy, but you seem to take Coral's tone/style as more face value which is definitely a mistake. I don't know how vulnerable Isis is after I hauled her up the mountain vs. Coral in Eurybia
Is this meaning you have seen coral scum? Been partnered with coral scum?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (isolation #46) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 448, catboi wrote:I've been loath to out my reads this game because I think showing your hand too much allows scum to exploit people's biases but I've been nursing a pocket scumread on Chara since - just feels like a post scum makes - and haven't really had a moment from it that pinged towny and made me waver.
Jokes on scum if they think they can make sense of my scattered brain!
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #47) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 461, Chara wrote:before we received roles, i'd already decided if i rolled scum i was not going to try and go the distance. just don't have it in me, especially after my last few scumgames. Isis could attest to that.

luckily it didn't happen, but for those who are concerned with my scumgame, i assure you it would break down in any kind of 3p lylo situation. so the Wall is good for Chara, and for everyone!

pedit: so in the end i find the read understandable, if not very illuminating about you.
Kinda like this post.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #48) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 539, Faker wrote:it means i REKT that mafia nerd in a totally fair and equitable fashion that was not at all reliant on a gimmick & a replacement

I as town saw her play scum in Eurybia's Curse, you can see at a glance that her tone is strong
Why do you have coral so far down on your reads list?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #49) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Tempest »

No I was just interested. Trying to make sense of my own coral thoughts.

Oh by the by do you all wanna know what real self-consciousness/self-absorption is? I’ve already read my own iso 3 times.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #50) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:13 pm

Post by Tempest »

actually faker I don't have any demona thoughts to really flesh out. Thinking about it, my read is based solely on demona's early game where she posted about how the room she was sent to would basically be locked due to her ability to town it up, and she seemed a bit convinced that she'd be the IC. I also liked the interaction she had with me when she asked me about why I thought it was dangerous for me to have that read. I felt like I saw little sparkles around those posts and I want to just call them town. (I do worry that this is a silly read for maybe silly reasons but I don't care right now. I like it.)
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (isolation #51) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 551, absinthe wrote:I've played a fair bit with town-Tammy and I've been good at finding her as town, though I sometimes have a paranoia flash or two. So far, I'm fine with being in the same minigame with her.
This was more what I was expecting you'd mention about your ability to read me. The thing about being naive threw me off.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (isolation #52) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by Tempest »

Yeah, I think I'll be back tomorrow. I've massacred my sleep schedule the past several days, and I'm just exhausted. I'm gonna throw on some mindless tv and hopefully crash.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (isolation #53) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:05 pm

Post by Tempest »

I just woke up from a dream where we had to shoot nailguns ino different parts of our arm to lock in our room, and I shot a nail in into my wrist to go to the keep. Not sure what the hell that dream was about but shooting the nail gun through my wrist neither hurt or made me bleed.

In post 523, Faker wrote:
In post 521, Tempest wrote:Now that I’m in the game though I kinda wish I did draw scum.
Wishes do come true!!!!
Upon waking I also had this thought. This post might mean your town. While you’re right that trust fall showed I didn’t understand how you’d interact around me, I’m just not sure this is how you interact with me as scum. I’m not sure scum you sees that some annoyance is starting to settle in and decides to have fun inflating it. I guess you could be hoping I have a bad reaction that gets more people on that read, but you’d already pointed out that I don’t like being pushed and can get pretty defensive so that is probably not it. I think you’re skilled enough as scum to get people to think I’m scum without that.

Going back to sleep but didnt want to forget this thought. (Unless this is a bad thought then I blame still half asleep me.)
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (isolation #54) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Tempest »

Prism - if I understand things correctly part of your big town read on skitter is that skitters looking at things the same way and agrees with you. If so that’s the most dangerous types of reads that topples great empires. Think it’s a lazy read. It might be a right read but I’m not so sure. Would you read the skitter/coral interaction around page 5 and tell me if it gives you anything on both of them?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (isolation #55) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:18 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 648, Faker wrote:I'm a bit more skeptical of skitter skimming through the first few pages but I'm actually curious to hear her thoughts on pairings/locations again, originally we wanted Keep but I'm wondering what she thinks of Gate.

Oh. Well then. But it do wanna know your thoughts on that interaction.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (isolation #56) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:25 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 634, Faker wrote:Sorry Tammy just like Trust Fall I'm leaving your indecisive ass on the dance floor

<3 hope u thrive wherever u wind up

I won’t but that’s fine.

I’m not indecisive about where I go. I just don’t care. Well there is actually one person I’d not be too keen to be with but I’m not saying who or why because I don’t want that scum to put me there on purpose. If you’re t happens, it happens and I’ll out that and why tomorrow. No, that person isn’t you.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #57) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:33 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 594, absinthe wrote:
In post 586, Faker wrote:@absinthe Can you lay out what minigame that would be and who it would be with?

I guess cat/Coral/me wouldn't be bad but it's not ideal and I'd greatly prefer you or Tempest. I'm not sure what shuffling to accommodate would look like, and I'm not entirely sure why you'd be averse to joining me/cat in the Keep given that it's more of a townhunting game than a scumhunting one.
I've come around to...not caring too much which minigame.

Shocker.

A Demona/Tammy/me Keep might mean I'd be the decider there.
:?

I realize that you might not have known demona went to the wall, but I’m curious about your thoughts there. I’m on record as having a town read on demona. It’s the only read I’ve unequivocally stated. I’ve mentioned a suspicion of you. Now I know my reads can change quite a lot, especially overnight, but your thought there that you’d be the decider doesn’t line up with the thoughts I’ve given.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (isolation #58) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Tempest »

Isis/skitter/absinthe

Tossing around that team in my head. I don’t love it seeing it written down though.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (isolation #59) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:49 am

Post by Tempest »

I was thinking maybe chara for a little while in part because of the self-conscious thing, poking at me yesterday that felt more intended to make it look like I wasn’t playing and hadn’t given thoughts, and the way chara interacted with coral during the skitter/coral thing. Yes, part of that is all about me but I’ve gotta omgus someone don’t I? :p. I kid, it just felt like a scummy push. I also wondered if the post about feeling biased in its read against me cuz skitter might be a way to shift some blame when wrong. However I did kinda like the self-referential post about its scum game/plan though it’s a dangerous reason to like it too. But I’m also thinking about isis and chara and I kinda want to take isis at face value that chara seems comfortable and having fun and that seems more like town chara.

So not sure how strong that is but I think my original thought might be wrong.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (isolation #60) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Tempest »

If I’m wrong on my suspicions of skitter then I’d take her suspicions of coral more seriously, but I think corals been fine. There’s a lot of setup talk but that’s the case for most people. I liked the bit about hard toe reading scum and then boom turning on them later followed up by a post with townreads of her scum reads. I also liked her interaction with skitter. I thought that skitters points felt more like scum points than town and I liked that coral pointed out that it seemed more like skitter was assigning her things rather than trying to figure her out. And yo ally coral has just been fine to me. In a normal game, I’d make a note that this is the exact place I often put scum in day one then realize it was a bad read about day three, but we don’t have a day three. But that little caveat is probably keeping me from just stating a coral town read explicitly.

Beyond that interaction, skitter has felt more sideline than involved.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (isolation #61) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:19 am

Post by Tempest »

For absinthe - I guess I expected a different sort of interaction than I’ve had. The mafia insomnia was good, but I did expect more of a follow up than wondering when I’d be caught up and then not interacting much else. The comment about being naive and not seeing my scum game in a while felt off because it did feel like using some of the momentum of suspicion against me to her benefit. I’ve been joking about how ffery never gets to god tier town on me in games. When I’m town she usually has me as town, but never in the top tier. In the last game we played together I got paranoid because I thought she had me town too early, but she asserted her belief she could read me, so the naive comment felt off. I didn’t expect her to call me town there, but I expected more along the lines of prisms “if she’s town, I’ll figure it out”. Some of the interaction with prism felt a little performative like finding a post to call her town on with “whew”.

I do hope/believe that if I’m wrong here, I will figure it out. Sometimes I start off with suspicion here and the realize I’m hilariously wrong.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (isolation #62) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Tempest »

Isis is mostly Poe. I haven’t seen anything very scummy from her but I also haven’t read a post that I have felt town on either. (Good luck in whatever matches you were talking about though!)

I haven’t had a problem with catboi’s posts.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #63) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Tempest »

Those thoughts are just the top of my head thoughts. Trying to organize the thoughts in my head and how I’m telling about the game without going back to see if I’m remembering things correctly, so there could be a mistake in attribution I guess. If so oops.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #64) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 691, Faker wrote:Tempest town odds are...rising!

I'll be back to engage more+respond to stuff later but ~welcome~
It’s easier if you just believe me the first time :cool:
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (isolation #65) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 698, Faker wrote:I should say I don't really townread you, more back to nullish, but we've got time and I still have to engage with what you actually wrote so maybe. It's just good to see you engaging and spitballing and I know you struggle to do that as scum, so it's neat

That was apparent from the …rising.

I do struggle with that as scum, but I can. I don’t think anyone in this game is really adept at seeing what I wrote about people and being able to decipher when the wheels in my brain are actually turning and when I’m just saying shit, so it’s not impossible for me to make those posts.

What is hard for me is scumreading a friend who would expect me to get it right. And I never in a million years tell you that your skitter read is lazy, unless we were scum together. Maybe if skitter and I were partnered but probably not even then.

So you’re heading in the right direction just picking up on my lesser struggles.

~~~

I’ll respond to absinthe in a bit. Think I’m gonna try to finish Christmas shopping so I can get it in the mail.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (isolation #66) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:33 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 700, absinthe wrote:Tammy, I don't see that you and Demona went any further with the post I specifically bucketed. Is that exchanged settled or no?

That was done. Nobody really interacted with that thought much so I figured it was a dumb idea.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #67) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Tempest »

*that should say “that was apparent from the …rising. I just wanted to make a joke.”
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (isolation #68) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 705, absinthe wrote:
In post 702, Tempest wrote:
In post 700, absinthe wrote:Tammy, I don't see that you and Demona went any further with the post I specifically bucketed. Is that exchanged settled or no?

That was done. Nobody really interacted with that thought much so I figured it was a dumb idea.
And that was what I wanted to say about it. Scum CAN be a near or total universal town read and win the keep.

Oh yeah, no I know that. I was thinking in the case that we were right on our town reads we stuck there that it would force scum to use one move to put scum in the keep, which would limit what they could do in the night. I was thinking in the best case scenario how can we impact the moves scum make while giving us a better chance of winning the keep.

I realize there’s still a load of wifom involved and our reads can certainly be wrong. I was just thinking along the lines of how can we try to limit what scum can do. Does that make sense? I realize it might also be a dumb idea but I’ve never seen how things play out in this setup so idk
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (isolation #69) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:17 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 707, absinthe wrote:I had a moment of Zen last night and I'm holding onto it.

People who object to me being in the Keep should probably say so.
If my idea for the keep is bad, then I don’t care where people go or when. Right now I’m at the stage of people should just go where they want to go and we can sort that out tomorrow.

You wAnna go to the keep? Go to the keep.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (isolation #70) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by Tempest »

absinthe - I certainly didn't expect to come out with a scum read on you so soon either. It's not a read I want to have, especially if it's wrong. I'm a little bit annoyed right now. Part of it is game related; part of it is not. It's been a long time since somebody who knows me has whiffed so hard on my opening mood. Perhaps that's partly a fault of my own. I couldn't be here when the game started, and when I did come into the game it was after an extremely long day and several days of little sleep. What I do know is that I was enjoying myself and was generally happy to be here even if I was exhausted. Getting scum read is whatever; it's just mildly annoying to be told you're anxious or scared when you're feeling calm and enjoying yourself for the most part. (And trying to beat back the part of me that low-key thinks some of the taunting was to purposefully tilt.)

The gamestate is annoying too. Perhaps it's just a function of this setup, and I just don't get that, but it just feels like we're all just sitting on our hands talking about the setup and I don't get it. Yes, I understand that people want to keep scum in the dark blah blah blah, but save for a few things, I just don't get that. Because to me, once we're all in 3p things get harder. What makes 3p so fucking hard is that scum and town are behaving in similar ways, but in a normal game there's a whole game's worth of game to go off of. But here there's nothing, just what we have today where people are just focusing on the setup or not saying anything much because they don't need to prove themselves town today or because they don't want scum to know their thoughts, which well whatever but I kinda think that sucks. Maybe I'll feel differently after I've played this setup, but it makes today annoying and I think it will make tomorrow even harder.

I also hate feeling like I'm speaking into a void. My thoughts and reads might not be great thoughts and reads, but I have had them, and save for a small bit here and there, they've gone mostly ignored. Like, we don't have to be online at the same time to interact, I've been open with what I'm thinking as I'm going along, and I'd welcome any comment on my reads/thoughts, disagreements, agreements, anything. I don't like feeling alone in a game. Maybe the reason for that is that everyone is deciding not to actually give thoughts today because it'd be better tomorrow and that's whatever.

Beyond that and not game related and probably affecting me the most is that I'm just fucking tired. I haven't been tolerating losing sleep all that well lately, and while I got decent sleep last night, it doesn't come close to making up for what I've done to it lately. I woke up annoyed and have been annoyed with every single thing I've done today.

I didn't write all this to sound like a big whining whiner. I just wanted to explain my mood and how it's affecting the way I'm thinking about and looking at the game. When I get into a mood like this, the part of me that waffles, overthinks, deals with the indecision and frets about being wrong on a friend doesn't exist. Or at least to the extent that it usually does. If I were in any other mood than I am right now, I'd probably not just come out with a scum read on you; I'm sure I'd handle my suspicion quite differently. My reads might be hilariously wrong, but right now I don't even care and I know that's not usually like me but it is what it is today. Maybe tomorrow I wake up and I'm back to my old self. But, I am really really sorry if you're town, and I'm just stupidly wrong here. I know how frustrating it is to have the town against you and one of the people you expect to read you right is not. I do want to get the read right; I do hope/think that I will, and I'm sorry if I'm being annoying about it.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (isolation #71) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:35 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 747, absinthe wrote:Tammy why do you think I whiffed my read of you?
I wasn't referring to you there. I was referring to faker's interpretation of my day one posts.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (isolation #72) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 760, Chara wrote:have you considered learning Latin, Faker? you could read philosophical works in their original language! what fun!
I’m eating dinner so I’ll respond to other people in a bit, but do you read Latin?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (isolation #73) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by Tempest »

My Latin is super rusty now, but once upon a time I read it quite well and taught it in grad school.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (isolation #74) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:36 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 756, absinthe wrote:I'm here. Who and what do you want to talk about?
Are there any of my reads you disagree with? Besides the one on you of course?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (isolation #75) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:38 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 756, absinthe wrote:I'm also dealing with a totaled car and trying to line up a house repair that I hope is a lot better than the worst case scenario. None of this is tragic, but it is what it is, and it's all happening in December. :/
Sorry for all the crappy shit you're dealing with!
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (isolation #76) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:47 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 749, Faker wrote:I'll actually head home soon and see if there's something we can talk more indepth about, but I'm sorry that I've contributed to making you feel alone this game.

My jokes were intended to make you more comfortable and easygoing, even if I did scumread you at the time. That clearly had the opposite effect, but they were not in bad faith. They weren't there to demoralize you and hammer home that I thought you were scum so much as they were there to lower the stakes of the scumread and make it easier to deal with.
It's just a small part of me that entertained the possibility. Later you mention you tilting me. I don't actually feel tilted though, just considering that you might have been trying. It's all good!
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (isolation #77) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 872, absinthe wrote:
In post 867, Tempest wrote:
In post 756, absinthe wrote:I'm here. Who and what do you want to talk about?
Are there any of my reads you disagree with? Besides the one on you of course?
Is Isis, skitter, me still your scumteam thought?

Are you scumreading Faker for raising an eyebrow at your entrance and very early play?

I have misgivings about speaking my strongest townreads out loud right now.
No, I'm not scum reading Faker. That was a low-key floating thought I was spitting into the wind.

I guess what I'm really interested in is the same thing I asked faker. Do you have any thoughts on the skitter/coral interaction around page 5?

Other than that, I'm not really reassessing anything tonight. I'm going to catch up with the thread right now and then go to bed. I'll think about reads tomorrow.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (isolation #78) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 777, catboi wrote:Relatedly, I thought your entrance to the game was scummy because you seemed to be awkwardly trying to fit in whilst making comments that were mostly not relevant to fguring out people's alignments, but rather than presenting it as an explicit opinion I just questioned you on it and decided to back off. You were getting enough heat from elsewhere and I saw no need to pile on. I think in the time since you've improved which makes me feel like I was right to leave you to your own devices

In a world where you're town I think it's probable scum opted to feed into that narrative against you because scum need scapegoats in this setup and if they saw someone struggling to integrate themselves into the game they would very likely pounce on that - that's what I would do, at any rate.
This is fair. And I never said or meant to imply that people were supposed to town read me. I'm very well aware of my awkward girl energy and that people don't get that I often post things that simply just amuse me, don't outwardly appear to be solving even if I'm gaining base impressions for myself, and don't outwardly start solving until I'm ready to do so. A lot of that gets mitigated if I get here at the start of the game as it just gets swept in with beginning of the game whereas if I step in later it sticks out a bit more, especially to people who don't know me. Even sometimes for people who do know me.

Would you really pounce though? I mean I've definitely seen you pounce, but I've also seen you not pounce when it works to your advantage not to do so. And in a world where scum you saw town me struggling day one but knowing that I'm typically able to turn suspicion on me around, would you? Granted, I'm not the player that I used to be, so it's not as likely as it used to be that I'd shake off suspicion and there's no guarantee that people would change their mind, but wouldn't you come out looking better by leaving me alone?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (isolation #79) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by Tempest »

Oh and since coral and ffery talked about it, and I forgot to respond, I did not understand voting mechanics at the keep. I'm not sure I still do, I get it. I understand it logically I think, but conceptually I don't. I don't need it explained, my brain just needs to catch up.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (isolation #80) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:58 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 890, Faker wrote:I guess staring at 220 I think it's plausibly scum-skitter in a vacuum but I just view this all as pretty standard/run of the mill for basically any alignment pairing.

I'm just not seeing what you're seeing sadly.

It's okay. Maybe there is nothing there and my thought that there is something there and it has a key is silly. I'll see if I can make sense of it tomorrow.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (isolation #81) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:13 pm

Post by Tempest »

I'm going to bed. Night all.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (isolation #82) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Tempest »

Are we good to start putting ourselves places? With everyone’s preferences for where they want to go, it looks like I’ll head to the gate?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (isolation #83) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:42 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 984, Faker wrote:I think you can go in either Gate or Keep Tempest. I'm not sure if others have strong opinions. We're probably slightly better off with you in Keep tbh but I did ask absinthe to come.

Issue with you in Gate is that you can just be picked as the clear...but also that means we get you as the clear.
Then I will hold off sticking myself somewhere. Ffery has said she wants the keep, and since I think I’m the one person who doesn’t care at all, I figured I’d just work around other peoples preferences.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (isolation #84) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:35 am

Post by Tempest »

I think the reason some said no to the wall is that isis and chara said they want to go to the wall together. Not sure why they didn’t kick that in.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (isolation #85) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:46 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 1019, absinthe wrote:partly because of the challenge/fun aspect. partly because I got tired of arguing against it. partly because I was cheated out of the Keep in my first game.

I still like the idea of being in the same minigame with Tammy regardless of which one. with enough time we've always found each other in the past. there's a dearth of either of us being scum in those games, though. Tammy may get pissed at me for pointing that out again.
I didn’t get pissed at you.

(I’m playing video games, but I’m checking in on and off)
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (isolation #86) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:59 am

Post by Tempest »

Crisis core.

Also I scored GameCube princess twilight last week at a used shop, so now I don’t need to figure out the emulator. Kinda going back and forth between the two.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (isolation #87) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 1026, Faker wrote:big spender CHRIST
Yeah it was a bit ridiculous. I’m not gonna like paying my credit card bill next month.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (isolation #88) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Tempest »

Ffery - were you waiting until tomorrow to give your thoughts on that skitter/coral interaction I asked about or did I miss the response?

Also I’m not gonna worry about reassessing until tomorrow unless I see something that sticks out strongly.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (isolation #89) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 1039, absinthe wrote:
In post 1036, absinthe wrote:
In post 1033, Tempest wrote:Ffery - were you waiting until tomorrow to give your thoughts on that skitter/coral interaction I asked about or did I miss the response?

Also I’m not gonna worry about reassessing until tomorrow unless I see something that sticks out strongly.
I missed the question. If it's the area of thread I think you mean, I asked about skitter's Coral read on page 7 or 8. I didn't really like the answer, because I liked some of Coral's thoughts about the setup and how scum might approach it, particularly about scum wanting to lock in early. That happened in the first Fortress game. It could be a genuine thought process, though. Her early scumlean was based on different stuff from my early townlean.
"different stuff" isn't really accurate, I guess. My read was based on agreeing with some of the concerns Carol outlined and liking the thought process around them. skitter said she was thinking that looking at how scum might approach the setup indicates a scum mindset. That's kinda eh to me regardless of skitter's alignment. A player that's focusing on the setup will think about the scum approach regardless of whether they post about it. In this case, I thought posting about it might cause scum to proceed with caution, which gives up some of the opportunity to spread out as they prefer.

Thanks! I know I’m focusing a lot on that interaction but for me it seemed like a pretty important interaction wise, and I came out of it thinking coral was more likely town and either skitter or chara were more likely scum. So I was basically at does anybody else see what I see, and how I’m interpreting it or am I placing too much emphasis on a conversation that is not as important as i thought it was.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (isolation #90) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Tempest »

Could be confirmation biasing here but this kinda sounds like a perspective slip. Like you know that we’re town and the gate will remain as is. From my point of view, with your stated scum reads, you should be expecting some changes. If coral and I are scum, one is leaving. If ffery and catboi are scum, one of them is moving. With your scum reads, you should be expecting movement, but you’re like ope gonna be the ic with two of my scum reads and it doesn’t sound very genuine.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (isolation #91) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:56 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 1063, Faker wrote:1060 is about skitter right? I just spent a few minutes typing up how that didn't make sense for scum-fferyllt.

Even for skitter it ~might~ be a perspective slip but she knows that at least one of her scumreads has a good chance of being wrong. I think being worried about having to pick which to go with is natural, but also deal w/ it nerd.

P-Edit: It was inviting people to flesh out the read more, which didn't happen. I actually think this game looks more like Slaughter Hour than Trust Fall, where content was more scarce and reactive. I put little stock in that with low sample size.

I wouldn't really call it worry. The idea was to sow some doubt in anyone being lazy, but I was more curious if anyone would reply.
Entirely possible I just read something into it that’s not there. I guess for me I’m just not putting much stock in what we do today because I feels so up in the air what it will be tomorrow. Which is probably the main reason I don’t feel like reassessing anything until tomorrow.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (isolation #92) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:42 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 1109, catboi wrote:
In post 933, Tempest wrote:
In post 777, catboi wrote:Relatedly, I thought your entrance to the game was scummy because you seemed to be awkwardly trying to fit in whilst making comments that were mostly not relevant to fguring out people's alignments, but rather than presenting it as an explicit opinion I just questioned you on it and decided to back off. You were getting enough heat from elsewhere and I saw no need to pile on. I think in the time since you've improved which makes me feel like I was right to leave you to your own devices

In a world where you're town I think it's probable scum opted to feed into that narrative against you because scum need scapegoats in this setup and if they saw someone struggling to integrate themselves into the game they would very likely pounce on that - that's what I would do, at any rate.
This is fair. And I never said or meant to imply that people were supposed to town read me. I'm very well aware of my awkward girl energy and that people don't get that I often post things that simply just amuse me, don't outwardly appear to be solving even if I'm gaining base impressions for myself, and don't outwardly start solving until I'm ready to do so. A lot of that gets mitigated if I get here at the start of the game as it just gets swept in with beginning of the game whereas if I step in later it sticks out a bit more, especially to people who don't know me. Even sometimes for people who do know me.

Would you really pounce though? I mean I've definitely seen you pounce, but I've also seen you not pounce when it works to your advantage not to do so. And in a world where scum you saw town me struggling day one but knowing that I'm typically able to turn suspicion on me around, would you? Granted, I'm not the player that I used to be, so it's not as likely as it used to be that I'd shake off suspicion and there's no guarantee that people would change their mind, but wouldn't you come out looking better by leaving me alone?
I wasn't talking about
me
in that post I was positing a vague hypothesis that scum were pushing you. I don't know what I'd do around you. The last time I tried to push you as scum for funsies you nearly bit my head off and I wouldn't be eager to repeat that. But it's not really relevant I'm not trying to sell you on me being town just guessing where scum can be found
Ah. Oh and if that was the game where cakes was willfully misreading my posts, sorry that game broke me. Though I did think your approach to that was scum. And I think that game made me realize that explaining myself over and over again to someone determined to misunderstand and misread the words written on the page was futile, and I made a vow to myself to never ever do that again lol.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (isolation #93) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:42 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 1109, catboi wrote:
In post 933, Tempest wrote:

I wasn't talking about
me
in that post I was positing a vague hypothesis that scum were pushing you. I don't know what I'd do around you. The last time I tried to push you as scum for funsies you nearly bit my head off and I wouldn't be eager to repeat that. But it's not really relevant I'm not trying to sell you on me being town just guessing where scum can be found
Ah. Oh and if that was the game where cakes was willfully misreading my posts, sorry that game broke me. Though I did think your approach to that was scum. And I think that game made me realize that explaining myself over and over again to someone determined to misunderstand and misread the words written on the page was futile, and I made a vow to myself to never ever do that again lol.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (isolation #94) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:43 am

Post by Tempest »

Weird.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (isolation #95) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:44 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 1103, skitter30 wrote:Tempest why do you think i'm scum again?
Did you want me to expand on what I’ve said or did you miss when I’ve talked about where I started thinking you were scum?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (isolation #96) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Tempest »

Sorry guys I put on Tokyo Ghoul earlier while I was wrapping Christmas presents and 17 episodes later I didn't even leave the house to mail my presents :/
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1250 (isolation #97) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by Tempest »

I quickly skimmed, and I'm fine to lock in the gate whenever people want to get to the next phase.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1252 (isolation #98) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Tempest »

Skitter - I'm not quite how much more there is to flesh out with that read. For some reason that interaction feels like it's important to me alignment wise. Now sometimes I do get fixated on something that means nothing, but sometimes it does mean something. For me Coral seemed pretty town in that interaction, whereas the arguments you were making against her statements felt off. Well in the moment, what I thought was most off was Chara as her poking felt scummy, then I thought maybe I was wrong about Chara and then I got back to thinking that it was you that was off in that conversation.

That's why I was asking people what their reads of Coral was because I was trying to figure out if I was even close to reading what was off in that conversation.

I'm sure this makes no sense at all, and I should just pull up the specific quotes and say this is what felt off and this is what felt town, but I really want to put Tokyo Ghoul back on and it's a bit hard for me to be a bit coherent after binging this show for the last 6? hours. But I'll definitely come back to it later.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1253 (isolation #99) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by Tempest »

Oh the possum thing is a good suggestion! lol. I'm just mostly annoyed at myself because now it's going to cost more money to make sure my presents get there in time. I have absolutely no self-control though. Have I ever mentioned that? lol
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1255 (isolation #100) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by Tempest »

oh that's no good!
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1257 (isolation #101) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Tempest »

Yeah, I still need to get a present for a friend in town, but I had to finish the shopping for those who are getting stuff mailed.

I don't have anything else to say and will vote keep as soon as I hear the word.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1260 (isolation #102) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Tempest »

well I'm putting Tokyo Ghoul back on, and will check in to see if I should go ahead and vote keep. I probably won't say anything else game related though because I'm currently just fixated.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1261 (isolation #103) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Tempest »

vote gate I mean
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (isolation #104) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Tempest »

I think you’re confused. I’m locking in the gate as soon as I get the word that you guys are done and ready to end the day.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (isolation #105) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:18 pm

Post by Tempest »

I don’t care where I go. I’m respecting chara and isis’ desire to be together.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (isolation #106) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by Tempest »

I see it’s done. Gonna continue my binging. I hope everyone with strong desires get to remain with the ones you love. See you tomorrow!
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1322 (isolation #107) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:40 pm

Post by Tempest »

I’ve watched 33 episodes today. I do need to give it up soon or I never make it to the rink today. Also my brain feels weird from watching all day.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (isolation #108) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:42 pm

Post by Tempest »

I had things I was supposed to do today. Just none of it happened
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1480 (isolation #109) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:42 am

Post by Tempest »

Feh. Meh. Blech.

On the one hand I don’t mind being confirmed because that removes my concern that I fuck up the game by being misread. But now there’s the issue of getting it right and the situation I said was the one I’d not be keen to end up in is the exact situation I’m in. While I would want to get it right with anyone, Ffery is the one person I’d be putting the most pressure upon myself of getting right that I fear the most I won’t get right. I think in any other game I get it right almost every time, but here I worry I end up like I did in our deathy and I shudder to think about that.

I did have a silly theory that isis and chara might be scum together but that was silly.

Anyway ffery could be banking on that paranoia being my demise and thinking I’d probably prefer being wrong on her being town than wrong on her being scum or scum thought my reads were more set in stone than they are. I did think it was ffery confirmed at first and had egg on my face lol.

Today is a busy day for me though. I won’t be one most of the day and I have a solstice party to go to tonight. I’ll try to check in as much as I can, but I really won’t be around until tomorrow. For those interested in my binging habits. I finished watching the anime yesterday, thought it was basically good but had some holes, so I binge read 143 chapters of the manga and yeah it’s better.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1917 (isolation #110) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:24 am

Post by Tempest »

I’m bummed about the replace outs :(

I wanted to ask prism why they seemed that it would be likely for me to be ic’d. There were a few times that prism said something along the lines of it being nice to have a Tammy-clear and iirc it was brought up when there was a decent amount of suspicion on me. Might be nothing, but I remember thinking it was unlikely and it was something I’d made a note about to ask.

I skimmed through yesterday here and there but mostly just to keep somewhat current. I need to work on a reread and actually read everything from yesterday. Probably won’t get that all done tonight. I have some things to finish up with today before I have some free time to get back involved.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1919 (isolation #111) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:31 am

Post by Tempest »

But hi mathblade and herta!

Also mathblade I’m not unknown for the most part, I’m Tammy.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1920 (isolation #112) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Tempest »

Maybe that’s why I like coral :p
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1940 (isolation #113) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by Tempest »

Oh wow today has totally gotten away from me. I'm not sure how far I get into my reread tonight as it's getting really late, but I do have much more time tomorrow.

I know that I mentioned wanting to ask Prism a question about the ic, but that's not because I have a scum read there. I do need to reread Prism, but yesterday I thought that they just seemed like they were having fun. There was a lot of more shooting the breeze than solving, but I'm not sure how much that was due to the setup and not alignment. Even within that there were some reads, but the way the reads were presented, it wasn't all that easy to get a read off of it, or at least one I feel confident about. Might feel differently after a reread. One of the reasons why I thought the taunting of me being scum during day one seemed town was because they were just seeming to want to have a good time, and I wondered if he'd want to change the mood created whlle knowing I was town. Do I think it's impossible, no absolutely not, it just didn't go with the vibe. And does Prism try to plant a fake town tell on the opening of day two by saying that he thought that ffery was the one confirmed town? Some people think that things like that are cheap, and frankly I misread it the same exact way, so that felt natural.

I'm going to try to catch up on today's posts before doing any rereading.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1947 (isolation #114) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:55 pm

Post by Tempest »

It's so cold outside that my furnace is not keeping up brrrr.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1949 (isolation #115) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:03 pm

Post by Tempest »

I'm reading. I just wanted to complain. It's -10 out and super windy. I think with windchill it's like -35 or something.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1953 (isolation #116) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:00 pm

Post by Tempest »

Oh I didn't take into account that the town player could hammer themselves. Okay I think I now understand voting mechanics at the keep. And I think I understand why I've seen people say I should make the choice of the voter there.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2038 (isolation #117) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 1936, Herta wrote:Well I want to sort Isis and Chara and gathering everyone's vibe on each of them would help, like you just indicated with Chara. ( I dunno where I got Chela out of Chara so sorry Chara ). This sees like a fairly straightforward game. Have there been any big waves for or against anyone in the wall?
Your slot was towered by a few people yesterday for mostly tonal reasons. Isis and Chara have had some suspicion on them from a couple different sources. However, yesterday was mostly a wash as there wasn't a ton of solving from many people since we did a lot of setup talk and trying to put people in their places. Since there wasn't much solving yesterday, or at least any that provided much confidence in reads, most people are resetting and picking up with today.

Have you read Isis and Chara yet? Do you have any thoughts on either of them?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2039 (isolation #118) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Tempest »

I'm still finishing up reading yesterday, but I'm home now and will be spending the evening watching tv and catching up here.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2053 (isolation #119) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 2030, Isis wrote:The biggest change d2 for me is cooling a lot on demona's slot, liking Chara more by comparison and figuring out some less paranoid basises for why it picked wall the way it did.
On day one, you suggested that chara can read you quite well, but if you're town it's reading you wrong and that doesn't seem to bother you or make you feel suspicious towards it at all?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2054 (isolation #120) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:32 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 2044, Chara wrote:i do kind of want to flip Gate first, are there thoughts on that?
I'm not sure. With me and absinthe being away the past couple days, I don't think that I can make a decision any time soon especially with Christmas coming up. I don't know how much time we want between each place being solved.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2081 (isolation #121) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:38 pm

Post by Tempest »

When I read through today, I didn't see anything wrong with demona. Not a whole lot of solving but the replace out cut some of that off. However, herta doing really nothing but asking for the vibe of his placement and wondering why his room was the hardest is concerning.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2082 (isolation #122) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:39 pm

Post by Tempest »

I was going to post that a little bit ago but saw that you guys were talking and I wanted to see how that went, so I put off posting and now I'm tired. Next two days are going to be a little bit tough to work around, but I will have some time.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2110 (isolation #123) » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by Tempest »

Sorry! I thought for sure I at least wished you all happy holidays! I hope everyone who celebrates it had a nice one. If you don’t, I hope you had a nice weekend.

I need to get my head back in the game.

Catboi - how would you feel about being the voter in your area? (This isn’t m calling you scum, I’m just wondering)

I feel like the other two places are a bit on hold due to absent people.

Chara and isis - do you both talking the other night help clarify anything?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2111 (isolation #124) » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Tempest »

Berta’s not doing anything is red flags.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2113 (isolation #125) » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by Tempest »

Ah okay! I didn’t remember who said they were good with voting. My thought about that is that you are one of the people whose reads I respect the most. Not that I expect you’re always going to be right or anything, but really respect. So if you’re town, I think you have a good chance of choosing correctly, and if you’re scum that works too.

A few days ago you said you wanted to chat when I caught up. Was there anything in particular?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2179 (isolation #126) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 2129, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2083, MathBlade wrote:Did Chara just do a ton of pages of stock in Waffle House?

Eg with me specifically “Math seems like he’s in his town meta but it’s fakeable so wait and see if he’s informed”

Non stance stances suck.

Can anyone explain why they townread it? I don’t understand.
I don’t like how everyone but Chara ignored this.
I ignored it because waffling is not, has never been, and will never be a scum tell in and of itself. It's a meaningless comment. How someone waffles, what purpose it serves, etc can be scummy but on it's own it's just not.

Also, it's also how I feel. I don't know your town meta very well at all, and I'm not sure I've ever seen you as scum except when you replaced me as scum years ago. I think you might be town and much of this is based on me thinking that prism just looked like they were having fun, which is not a great reason for a read, but I'm also finding this setup difficult to get reads that I feel great about, so I'm don't feel really sure about you and was hoping that through more interactions, I'd get a better feel for you.

I don't really understand why you don't want to solve your own mini game.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2214 (isolation #127) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by Tempest »

I haven't been solving much either though! This game has been weird. Part of me wants to just vote ffery and put her out of her misery. If she's town, she's not having the greatest game or time to play, and if she's scum, she's probably just miserable.

I realize that the questions of the night actions can't really be answered until we know, but I do wonder why skitter was moved from the gate if she's town. I don't think there was any indication that I had changed any of my reads, so why not leave her there? I guess it could all be wifom to have me ask this very question, so meh.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2220 (isolation #128) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by Tempest »

I'm fine voting first. Wanna give coral a chance to say anything else she has to say, but I'm fine just getting it over with. Maybe the gate will help with the other rooms?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2257 (isolation #129) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:20 am

Post by Tempest »

Catboi -you haven’t seen anything scummy in the way skitters been evaluating math?

I don’t know skitter’s style but she feels sideline sniping rather than solving.

I guess prism could have hoped to manipulate me by ic’ing me, but I don’t know. Skitter could be town, I’m just not as convinced of it as you are.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2258 (isolation #130) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:22 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 2256, Coral wrote:On the other hand I think Math's self-awareness of his reads being bad and hesitance to push them is more scummy than not. I don't feel like the confident energy that he had on replace in has continued as much as I would expect.
I also agree with the last sentence.

Mafia is hard.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2259 (isolation #131) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:23 am

Post by Tempest »

I’m not trying to sway your vote though; I have no conviction either way. Vote however you want.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2287 (isolation #132) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 2276, Coral wrote:Same goes for being completely uninterested in playing the minigame in the way that should be optimal from his town perspective. Accepting being the voter (while originally saying he wanted to vote in a day or so, and then not doing so for a week) seems more likely to come from scum being performative.

The complete lack of support for his Faker scumread (and aggressive unwillingness to support it) also makes it seem like that was a read that came out of necessity of feeling he needed to push back with equal aggression than it did out of a natural read.

All of this might not matter much if he does actually follow through on voting soon, but I want it said in case Gate resolves first and then he ends up delaying further.
Yeah this is problematic.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2305 (isolation #133) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:38 pm

Post by Tempest »

Nice! Sorry I doubted you guys. Guess I should have taken more seriously my concern that prism kept acting as if it was a given I’d be ic’d. Also probably just bad reads.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2323 (isolation #134) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:24 am

Post by Tempest »

feh.

Prism was the one that basically set up the various pairings and made a huge deal out of wanting either ffery or me in the keep with them, but mostly was wanting ffery in there just to move her out. Some of the talk with/about Coral felt kind stiff/mechanical while the interaction with ffery felt moreso how the interaction with me went. A lot more punchy and pushing about ffery being scum. Prism also made the comment that she'd be able to manipulate me into voting wrong if she were scum. Very very insistent on ffery being scum, and ffery made a post saying that she would just close her eyes and vote catboi in the keep. So, was that partner interaction, haha wink wink we'll be moving me out because we both can't be here lolololol or did Prism actually find that threatening and wanted skitter in there who she was kinda buddying and thought she could snow more anyway? Not sure what to glean from that when the keep was likely to go first, so Prism would be wanting to mess with the interactions as much as possible.

I need to finish rereading through ffery. lolme I found where I first started suspecting her and it was based on some early interaction/comment about skitter that I thought was partnery. Doesn't look so much in hindsight but confirmation bias so bleh. I still didn't get a whole lot of what I would expect from town!ffery in the early game, but except in rare instances I tend to suspect ffery in the early game. I think WH13 was one of those rare games that ffery made a halo post early in the game and I felt pretty good she was town, with the exception of paranoia here and there. Anyway, regardless of what ffery flips, my scum read on her was never as strong as I came out with it on day one, though I don't think I actually came out with a strong scum read, well I guess for me I did. sorry that's rambly. I think if ffery is scum, then she moved herself here knowing that she'd be likely to manipulate me to vote for Coral; she knows that I change my mind on reads pretty often and waffle a lot, so a day one read doesn't always translate to a day two read. I think she's played with me enough that she'd have a couple things she would be able to manipulate me on, but I don't feel that at all coming from her, so as scum what would her plan be here? But if I do end up voting ffery it's mostly just going to be based on today and the lack of participation which I know if she's town just can't be helped and it will suck if I'm wrong and I'm sorry if so. But, I do want to finish reading ffery today and Coral before I go ahead and vote. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something that should be sticking out as obvious.

I won't put it off that long, I promise. I know we're short on time, But I do need to go to bed. I got sucked into a book, and I've read all night and really need to go to sleep now, so I'll finish up reading through that when I wake up. I'm sorry I've been a sucky IC and player this game overall. I totally relate to catboi's comment about not being drawn to mafia lately. It was a bit fun to come out of retirement, and I do still like the overall puzzle of mafia, but quite frankly I don't think this set up is for me. I've tried to sit down and reread or even fully read the posts that people have posted, but I keep finding things I'd rather do instead. So sorry about that!

If anybody in the wall has any thoughts here, let me know. If it's something written in the past few pages, I probably haven't read it, so I'll look at that when I wake up as well. I probably won't sleep that long.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2325 (isolation #135) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Tempest »

Meh.

Ffery was a lot more active than I remembered on day one. Both ffery and coral interacted with prism a good deal, but I'm not sure how either of them would interact if partnered. While there were a couple small questions I had for Prism day one, I mostly towered Prism for their interaction with me and the off the cuff jovial nature of their posts day one. I'm not sure what to do with Prism's interactions and reads from day one, so I'm never minding that. There are some things in ffery's play that puts a dent in my suspicions of her, and I do have questions about her being moved to the keep. In a town ffery scenario, they would be betting on me keeping a read from day one, which would be an odd bet to make as there'd be no reason t think I'd actually keep that read once the stakes were placed. In a scum ffery scenario they had no choice.

I had a town read on Coral day one that I didn't expect to keep actually. Skitter telling me that I was reading that one interaction backwards and Prism kinda blowing off my question about that interaction have me thinking that perhaps I just liked that tone, and not gonna lie Math saying he thought Coral was me has me wondering if he was trying to plant a fake tell like Prism did at the start of day two. Upon doing partner analysis for ffery, Coral came down with a hard town read on faker that I think mostly stayed throughout day two when Math replaced in for the most part with a little hesitation near the end. Being wrong isn't a crime or scummy, but I do wonder how much influence she might have been trying to do.

Regardless, her day two is solid in terms of activity and solving. Can I see where she's plausibly scum? Sure, and perhaps I should spend more time analyzing her posts, but eh. On balance, Coral just seems interested in trying to solve the game and win, or at least appear to while ffery hasn't. I know inactivity doesn't necessarily mean scum, and real life issues and burnout also impede the ability to play and that has nothing to do with alignment, and if there were some posts that screamed town without the activity this might be different. On balance my day two is no different from hers. But if I listened to my doubts about ffery being scum, I think it comes down to me not wanting to miselim a friend and that's no way to play mafia.

So, I'm very sorry if you're town here ffery. I'm sorry if my misread or suspicion on you day one affected your enjoyment of the game. I'm not going to beat myself up about it if you're town here though because I do truly believe that if you're town and real life hadn't impeded your ability to play the game that I'd get it right.

If I'm wrong - sorry ffery and town, good game Coral, and man I had shit reads this game.

VOTE: absinthe
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2326 (isolation #136) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:52 am

Post by Tempest »

Making that vote feels bad.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2331 (isolation #137) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Tempest »

whew!

Yay! It was great playing with all of you.

Nice to see that my day one reads weren't absolutely shit! Sorry for misreading you day one though Skitter!
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2333 (isolation #138) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Tempest »

and day two actually. That was just a bad read all around on my part skitter.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2336 (isolation #139) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:51 am

Post by Tempest »

And that conversation that I got fixated on thinking it meant something was between three town lol. So it was nothing.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2341 (isolation #140) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:12 am

Post by Tempest »

oh yeah thanks for moderating!