Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4057 (isolation #400) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Also I just want to say to GL, the reason I hammered even though I knew you didn't want me to is because the game seemed to be heading to a point where both of your competitors were going to get elimmed over you. So anything you had to say on the matter wouldn't really have changed the outcome.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4062 (isolation #401) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 4060, implosion wrote:I guess this explains why the midgame was such a slog.
How do you mean?
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4066 (isolation #402) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Yeah, my issue is that I just have a tendency to lose confidence too easy. I should have gone harder on an nQ wagon, but I just didn't have it in me at the time. I was so ready to throw him off of Mount Everest, but I think you were the only one who really shared that sentiment at the time. And thank you, at some point I just kind of realized that defending myself isn't going to help the gamestate at all. I started talking under the assumption that I was already going to die.

And yeah, figuring out last scum was difficult for me for that reason. I still wasn't 100% on Ceph because... he just didn't feel scummy to me in the early game. But I guess fua saw something I didn't.

I think we can all agree that day 2 was very rough for town. In hindsight, had I been mis-elimmed there, there's a very good chance that nQ and Ceph may have gotten away with it.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4068 (isolation #403) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

imaginality N1 ---> Me D2 ---> ??? N2 ---> redtea D3 ---> probably fua N3 ---> really bad position
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4071 (isolation #404) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I still think that nQ's play could have worked had he claimed a later night. With a N1 cop claim, I feel like the information is just... too powerful to NOT flip. Even while I was hard scumreading Shirou, I acknowledged that mechanically it made a lot more sense to lim nQ.

And imaginality, you should have hopped on board the nQ train! We could have taken the brakes off the damn thing. Then again I share responsibility for your elim and my own being proposed by doing that weird vote into immediate unvote thing.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4074 (isolation #405) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 4073, GuiltyLion wrote:I kinda like the suggestion in the dead/spec thread about running this setup where scum have one night RB abilities. I think the biggest problem with this setup is it's not too much of a drawback to claim early if the docs claim or if we have multiple cops on a single night, both of which happened at points this game. the mech speculation was interesting and a major part of the game at times, which made the game a fun/unique experience, but IMO it feels like it would make things a bit more even if there were a little more disincentive for town to claim, and claiming to be RB'd could help give scum an avenue where they aren't forced to clear or protect certain players.
Still skimming over dead PT, I saw this suggestion agree with this somewhat. Could be a neat change. I'm kinda reeling a bit at how many people are spectating this game. I can't believe so many people had to see my awful end of D1 play.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4083 (isolation #406) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Well, thank you for the game regardless of weird mech stuff catboi. Feel free to send an invite my way if you want to host something again soon.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4085 (isolation #407) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Good ol vanilla mafia or will there be some non-standard gimmick outside of the lack of PRs? I heard talk of a dance game a lot in this thread.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4087 (isolation #408) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Well, I might be interested. It'd be a good way to brush up on my reads, if nothing else.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4093 (isolation #409) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 4089, RH9 wrote:
In post 4086, catboi wrote:Just mountainous straight up, 9:2. The dance games are more of a seasonal thing, still too soon since the last one
Isn't the EV of 9:2 Mountainous, 35.2% for Town and 64.8% for scum?
I believe it, but that's kind of the fun part about mountainous right? You don't have any mech to really fall back on. The odds are not in your favor if you're bad at reading people.

Also nQ, if it makes you feel any better if your death didn't make so much sense from a mechanical standpoint I would have just hard pushed to turbolim Shirou then and there. Also, sure, I'm game if it doesn't fill by the time I'm done typing.

Return to “Completed Open Games”