StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:57 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Well well, I think I’ve played with quite a few players here.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:59 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

VOTE: T3

Hey T3, hey Pavowski, hey CLSR.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 178, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i can't believe its page 8 and we haven't elimmed any1 yet
I can't tell if you're being serious about this when we've got a lot of days left, and we win if we vote out scum.

Also hello I've been disconnected with this game and I'm going to try to catch up.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 84, Clemency wrote:counterpoint: scum will usually attempt to seem townish in order to not be voted out
therefore, enchant is exhibiting scum behaviour by being townish
do the right thing people
Another thing I don't know if it is serious with all the dumb things going on at that time. It kind of reads like a joke but I'm not at all sure. I get why scum would try to seem townish especially in this type of game where eliminating only one of the scum wins the game, but I also don't get why anyone on Town would also want to be voted out and lose that day 1 condition.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:28 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Going to put my 10 cents into this but I really don't think its a good idea to put people at L-1 (Isn't it called E-1 though?), especially since pressure should never be based off only votes, rather if you have a question to ask, you should ask it. Although, I don't think I can elaborate any more than that without snapping a rule.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:48 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 228, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 224, StrangeMatter wrote:Going to put my 10 cents into this but I really don't think its a good idea to put people at L-1 (Isn't it called E-1 though?),
especially since pressure should never be based off only votes, rather if you have a question to ask, you should ask it.
does this mean that you aren't actually suspecting T3 right now? who are your current suspects?
Well first that was an RVS vote and I never actually went off it. Secondly, I don't feel like I have any good suspects. I'm at the point of this game where I have no clue what's serious or not, and whether I should or shouldn't be posting about something or making questions for it. Seriously, I thought the CLSR wagon was a little odd then I looked at the posts and asked myself, is this a joke? I think I'm going a little crazy asking myself this question too much.

However, I don't like the post that said its fine to put people at L-1/L-2, which to me seems a little scum motivated.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:58 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 200, numberQ wrote:Alright let me catch up
In post 97, schadd_ wrote:well i can tell you i chose a person to vote based on their posting
There's one point of charlemagne's I particularly agree with, that we shouldn't be afraid of L-2/1.
I want to see reactions from people under pressure, and if scum do bumrush a wagon like that near the end, that seems like some prime explode bait to me. I think if it really is just a meme wagon with no substance or scrutiny, sure, avoid that. But the memery has slowed down and there's a lot of actual scumhunting going on, so I'm all for the wagoning.
Can you explain why we shouldn't be afraid of L-2/L-1?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:04 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 242, Pavowski wrote:
In post 237, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 200, numberQ wrote:Alright let me catch up
In post 97, schadd_ wrote:well i can tell you i chose a person to vote based on their posting
There's one point of charlemagne's I particularly agree with, that we shouldn't be afraid of L-2/1.
I want to see reactions from people under pressure, and
if scum do bumrush a wagon like that near the end, that seems like some prime explode bait to me.
I think if it really is just a meme wagon with no substance or scrutiny, sure, avoid that. But the memery has slowed down and there's a lot of actual scumhunting going on, so I'm all for the wagoning.
Not to butt in on a conversation that doesn't involve me, but I think his post there kinda answers it.

Town can't lose in the first phase here, but scum can, and anybody jumping on an e-1 vote to hammer somebody -- especially at this point -- is gonna get some sideways glances in future rounds
Of course we can't lose today, but considering several times in other games we ended up being fine with making mistakes when the decision we make mattered, much like right now does. Yes we can make mistakes but I don't feel like we should still minimize them as much as possible.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:43 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 273, schadd_ wrote:
@ strange matter:
are you more interested in solving or in planning around the setup during this day phase
Right now I'm interested in figuring out who scum is, and then eliminating them today. Granted, this game I've been feeling like I haven't been able to do that (or get a good read on people) compared to other games I've played on this website.

Read on that as you will I don't care.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:45 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 276, schadd_ wrote:236 strikes me as a little bit +scum
Okay, can you explain this a little more?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:09 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I'd be up to explode on someone considering how useless I feel playing this game.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:30 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 249, numberQ wrote:
In post 237, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 200, numberQ wrote:[snip]

I want to see reactions from people under pressure, and if scum do bumrush a wagon like that near the end, that seems like some prime explode bait to me. I think if it really is just a meme wagon with no substance or scrutiny, sure, avoid that. But the memery has slowed down and there's a lot of actual scumhunting going on, so I'm all for the wagoning.
I snipped out my post that you quoted but left the part where I explicitly explain why we shouldn't be afraid of L-2/L-1. Is my explanation unsatisfactory and/or do you disagree?
Rethinking it I do agree on that, since I wasn't looking at the part of the post about why until now. Granted there is a semi reason why I don't like people being at E-1. Of course this is just paranoia (from games outside of this website, though take that with a grain of salt) but I really don't want a wagon just end up having a hammer, even if it is unlikely, which just throws an unnecessary chaos (whether it be town being dumb or scum being dumb) into the game if they are town and town implodes from the inside from it, though I'm not sure about this website in particular.

in short I just don't trust people who are off the wagon with the potential to hammer and screw town over, even with how unlikely quick hammers actually are, and even with Day 1.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:33 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Speaking of, since you are here CLSR, can you give your thoughts on my slot which you've been ignoring for way too long? Multiple people have asked you for your thoughts on my slot and you've said that you scumread me in #329, but not explicitly explained.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 368, numberQ wrote:True, I haven't heard of any witches walking around today...
Nope, I’ve haven’t seen one either.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:52 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 377, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I have analyzed the trends between NEPs and found this game to be an outlier.

Implying resistance from mafia for a cows elimination:

Okay, but what kind of meme happens that people pile onto one person 52 minutes into a game???
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

What even is that reaction?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:49 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 444, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:strangematter, can you give me your opinions on the current major wagons?
Of course. There's your wagon, which petered out with very little discussion I feel going around with it, and then there's the Clemency wagon which feels kind of similar in that pressure is exerted in only votes (with just trying to eliminate them) when there's likely questions and prodding that probably is useful but it seems to me like people assume they're scum without going any further.

In short I don't like either wagon, and definitely want to look into that more.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 594, numberQ wrote:of course it's when I feel like shit physically that this game gets active. Not sure I'll be catching up tonight. But from a quick skim I see there's a new wagon on Pooky I'm not sure I understand, which may be because my brain is only semi-functional right now. Also I'm flabbergasted that NO ONE else sees Pav as scum? Maybe I'm tunneling too hard but I just keep seeing a scum mindset behind his posting.
I looked through their ISO after reading this, but I don't see the continuous scum mindset you're seeing behind his posts. Can you please explain that a lot more?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:05 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

So I came back in the morning and I see I got hammered probably, unless NumberQ is faking saying that's a hammer for my reaction.

Chalking this one up as probably my worst game as Town, and making some mental notes for next game.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:57 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Checked and it was hammer. Do we anything we want to bring up?

Also not a fan of being hammered randomly while I'm not here.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:17 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Yeah, I probably miscounted as well.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:19 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I counted 6 votes on me, so that's E-1. I legit thought I had been eliminated already.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:22 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Now we're hammering lol. Please next time say intend to hammer before you do.

Also can we force Enchant to explode on someone? I'd prefer Pavowski since they just straight up sheeped onto this wagon.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:24 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

But if anyone has better people to explode since this wagon just seems like collectively as town we didn't really have anything to work with I assume so we just eliminated the people not making content.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:39 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

You all did. But that reaction from IV doesn't feel very genuine.

Maybe Pavowski, Pooky is what I'm thinking for explodes.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:49 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Did you legit think cows was scum there?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:55 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I think the lesson was just to do something useful in ELO before we eliminate anyone.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (isolation #27) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:14 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

100% I was not expecting both Pavowski and Enchant flipping red, so I just asked scum to blow up on each other without even knowing it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”