inutile
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #298 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:21 am

Post by inutile »

In post 23, Hectic wrote:I've dreamed about it for 4 trust fall games now
since not mafia in the four (3) person hydra game!!!
In post 149, Infinity 324 wrote:I wanna live until endgame and fall with kitty
why are people saying things of this sort when noone is proposing to them or indicating a desire to do so
In post 174, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Why inutile, murdercat?
hm
In post 180, MURDERCAT wrote:tbqh I don't think any combination of scum ever wins this setup
too cheeky right
In post 254, Prism wrote:Mostly looking forward to when inutile comes online, hopefully makes the game much easier.
reporting for duty
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:22 am

Post by inutile »

In post 298, inutile wrote:
In post 174, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Why inutile, murdercat?
hm
i think murdercat was being kind to me regardless there
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:27 am

Post by inutile »

are you just looking for one town?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 am

Post by inutile »

In post 309, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Murdercat id be very happy if you leave with Infinity right now, if both of you really have the ability to do so
could you just run me through why murdercat and infinity are only mafia with eachother to you real quick

pedit: yeah
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:41 am

Post by inutile »

In post 316, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I dont think either would do it even though they said they would
so the conclusion is mafia together or singular wary town or plural wary town?

even though both said they want to remain in the game (though infinity's play kinda indicates the opposite if town - seemingly looking for only one other town, )
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:42 am

Post by inutile »

In post 319, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Why do you think youre uniquely qualified to stay than the peolle here?
paragon of mafia hunters, perhaps
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:47 am

Post by inutile »

In post 323, Infinity 324 wrote:I gave reads on everyone
i think i did not word what i was intending to ask there very well

i mean like, is your approach to find one town, confirm they are town, poe game off of that

like reads sure, but
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:51 am

Post by inutile »

In post 327, Infinity 324 wrote:My approach is to get reads I feel good about on everyone and try to leave with my strongest townread
hm
In post 328, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Hi inutile
hi
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:53 am

Post by inutile »

In post 329, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 326, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 316, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I dont think either would do it even though they said they would
Because they're buddies, or because one or both of them are town and scared?
Good answer S_S
In post 320, inutile wrote:
so the conclusion is mafia together or singular wary town or plural wary town?
?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:58 am

Post by inutile »

In post 336, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I have no conclusions inutile. Just exploring stuff.
didn't realize that was directed at me the first time but also now realizing that you may have been pointing out the same thing i just did by saying 'good answer' but also i meant it as a question,

like the conclusion is

this,
or
this,
or
this?

not which of these is your conclusion,
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:03 am

Post by inutile »

In post 339, Dannflor wrote:any immediate reads, inutile?
not really beyond what i or others have said,
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:04 am

Post by inutile »

In post 341, inutile wrote:not really beyond what i or others have said,
like sure monkey potentially blocking town/town pairing scummy

but, uh,

hectic literally took that from seeing scum do it in other trust falls

so,
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:09 am

Post by inutile »

In post 343, Prism wrote:Can you be more explicit? "or others have said" is extremely broad
sure, though asking specific questions is probably going to get you to whatever you want from me more quickly,

like infinity feels like she is playing a different game from the one she is saying she is playing, but the narrow thing very disadvantageous for scum if it does not go well, like eggs/basket right

the monkey thing above, dannflor seems to be posting separate from game but also acknowledged this himself, and catboi i think pointed it out,

i don't really have enough reference to get much out of back and forth between you and catboi, catboi and monkey both talk to you like you're confirmed though, but eh,
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:11 am

Post by inutile »

In post 347, Infinity 324 wrote:You tried to pocket me the same way you're doing here :)

Shiki (inutile) could be scum
unsure of who you even think i am trying to pocket here?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:14 am

Post by inutile »

In post 354, Dannflor wrote:she was talking to me with the first line, p sure
oh
In post 346, Dannflor wrote:
In post 341, inutile wrote:
In post 339, Dannflor wrote:any immediate reads, inutile?
not really beyond what i or others have said,
you haven't stated any

that's why I asked
if the reads you want are just,

_ is town
or
_ is mafia

that'd just be me assigning way more weight than the scales actually have
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:25 am

Post by inutile »

In post 358, Infinity 324 wrote:Prism mentioned a similar thing, would it help if I was a bit more proactive in communicating my reads?

I was proactive about prism early as well as my dann read, but I guess there are some reads which I'm either struggling to articulate or get a handle on, and it should get better as the game goes on.
hm, it just feels like there is a disconnect between like, i want to solve the game, but also i am sure of this and this is what i will do, and it makes it feel like everything else is throwaway

but yeah time maybe
In post 359, Dannflor wrote:no I just want some evidence that you're thinking about posts and actions in relation to people's alignments

like what is your gut telling you or have certain posts made you lean more this way and that

even just like "I'm unsure on x because of this towny thing but also this scummy thing happened"
hm, i mean, i comment on what i do for a reason,
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:27 am

Post by inutile »

In post 347, Infinity 324 wrote:Shiki (inutile) could be scum
like has infinity not gone 'hmm!' yet? possible
does she know i expect this of her, and is potentially appeasing because of questioning, also possible
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:32 am

Post by inutile »

In post 366, Prism wrote:I am restraining myself from being a more forceful or aggressive advocate right now and it better pay off.
if on account of me there is no need, past on me much moreso than you

have i made the game easier?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 385, Prism wrote:inutile, who would you want to trust at this juncture if you had to? Or would you want to be one of the people leftover?
you probably but as much for utility as confidence in you being town; the being leftover thing feels like posturing more than anything,
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 373, Infinity 324 wrote:If you have a good reason why you really want to pair with me then I'd only refuse if I really believed murder would not fall with anyone else.
i mean, i have good reason if you are town,

pedit: like the + from you being town if so would swing it to you but it's not as though i have actually done so here

also, 20 questions probably good here
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 393, inutile wrote:i mean, i have good reason if you are town,
also, dunno if + or - that you brought into line with what i pointed out before
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 396, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 393, inutile wrote:i mean, i have good reason if you are town
What's the reason?
i am town?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:53 am

Post by inutile »

In post 403, catboi wrote:I do have an idea of the next step I want this game to take, but am content to let things simmer a bit first.
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:55 am

Post by inutile »

In post 424, humaneatingmonkey wrote:these people
are you steering clear of me for some reason
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:05 am

Post by inutile »

In post 434, humaneatingmonkey wrote:sorry if you feel like that, but i'm not steering clear of you. what do you want to talk about?
just found it odd that you are pushing for what i suggested i would do right now to prism
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:06 am

Post by inutile »

In post 435, inutile wrote:just found it odd that you are pushing for what i suggested i would do right now to prism
i mean without interacting with me, like it felt like maybe you were trying not to engage with me for whatever reason
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:35 am

Post by inutile »

In post 442, Infinity 324 wrote:I think shiki is town tbh
yeah?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #27) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:39 am

Post by inutile »

In post 494, Infinity 324 wrote:It's hard for me to tell the difference between town who is approaching the game subtly and scum who doesn't have much to say but I'm leaning towards the first one
you could just see if i have much to say thus removing the second option
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:41 am

Post by inutile »

In post 456, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Yes. catboi should do it to Prism. That's the plan.
next step of the plan from here pretty obvious
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:46 am

Post by inutile »

In post 509, Infinity 324 wrote:Still don't see the benefit to proposing as a widely scumread player, scum!prism won't accept
only if you believe prism about not accepting,

otherwise it is like, get 'confirmed' town, pair towniest non-confirmeds, if both town, pair with confirmed town, tada?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 515, Infinity 324 wrote:Again, is there something I'm missing? It seems suboptimal to me for scum to accept a trust fall with a scummier player if they could trust fall with a townier player later to get them out of the pool. Therefore, it's not a clear.
eh, there is precedent for this i guess
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #31) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:35 am

Post by inutile »

In post 532, humaneatingmonkey wrote:is there any reason to doubt prism's alignment?
do you think scum!prism would be more or less likely to express that they were upset with a town/town pairing after witnessing menalque’s reaction to a scum flip in the tarot game?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #32) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:45 am

Post by inutile »

In post 132, Prism wrote:I am annoyed by that trust regardless of what that flips. I will mald if I explain why and there's no point at this juncture. I am unhappy whoever is town trusted but I am glad they left.
and tarot game: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=87040
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #33) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:48 am

Post by inutile »

basically, marcistar flipped mafia, menalque expressed that he was very upset with the manner in which it happened despite result, (menalque was mafia)
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #34) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:57 am

Post by inutile »

In post 535, MURDERCAT wrote:Inutile can you give a readslist as well
uh yeah i guess

probably something like

prism
monkey
catboi, dannflor, murdercat, something smart
infinity

if i had to
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (isolation #35) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:59 am

Post by inutile »

In post 538, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 533, inutile wrote:do you think scum!prism would be more or less likely to express that they were upset with a town/town pairing after witnessing menalque’s reaction to a scum flip in the tarot game?
i now ask you: are you more likely to become more convoluted in your reads when you are scum?
more convoluted than i am as town? that doesn’t seem possible, unless you just mean messier in which case, probably?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (isolation #36) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:01 am

Post by inutile »

In post 539, inutile wrote:
In post 535, MURDERCAT wrote:Inutile can you give a readslist as well
uh yeah i guess

probably something like

prism
monkey
catboi, dannflor, murdercat, something smart
infinity

if i had to
but i am basically just looking for one town, so

like i was trying to see if infinity on similar path but ehh
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (isolation #37) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:08 am

Post by inutile »

In post 542, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i think that if you're comparing the prism's reactions in the game and to the reactions she had when she was a spectator with the purpose of getting any sort of read on her (and i assume, a town read) is a bit more convoluted than this sentence.
? i just don’t think scum!prism would be looking to mimic menalques pitfall
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (isolation #38) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by inutile »

hm
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (isolation #39) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by inutile »

hi
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (isolation #40) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 658, MURDERCAT wrote:Dann/S_S possible, this is their only interaction
In post 661, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 296, catboi wrote:That's...kind of an odd approach to take, and why us two? I feel like something_smart is decently readable, given enough time. Why not aim for the more confident townreads early? That feels like a basic risk mitigation strategy.
possible?
mm, were these the only interactions you looked at?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #41) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 775, inutile wrote:mm, were these the only interactions you looked at?
In post 693, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 690, catboi wrote:But why does that lead to the conclusion of HEM's town equity being way up? I don't follow what the logic is supposed to be here.
Prism had a strong town read on HEM which is now confirmed, my reads were proven to be not great so I'm doubting them, and 1 less scum means it can't be both Dann and HEM so the likelihood that it's HEM must go down as a result.
it really feels like murdercat presenting a conclusion here;

like,
monkey town, dannflor/catboi scum, !

i didn't have any interactions with something smart, those weren't dannflor's only interactions as catboi pointed out, and prism thought something smart was only mafia with monkey? so it's weird for murdercat to realign like this
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 774, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i want to trust you, but i have no strong reasons to do it other than there are more people that might be scum than you are. help me?
i mean, the reason is still that i am town
In post 776, humaneatingmonkey wrote:shiki if you would pocket me, or pocket someone, how have you historically done it?
historically i think mostly through mechanics? like i 'pocketed' dunnstral/hectic (though this wasn't as much a pocket as won a final three partly because of) by using the deadline to confirm town someone else,

to pocket you i'd probably just create a situation similar to day one of the third miccro blitz, if this was my sole intention
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (isolation #43) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 780, humaneatingmonkey wrote:do you still think infinity is scum, shiki?
not as strongly as i did previously, still looking at today, and the question you posed to me earlier regarding
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (isolation #44) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 781, humaneatingmonkey wrote:do you think catboi is scum, shiki?
only if going for the like 'no outs' thing
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (isolation #45) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 783, inutile wrote:
which i mean does happen, but not all that often
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (isolation #46) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 749, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Infinity clearing a bunch of people, or at least clearing the people she thinks is most town, can be interpreted in two ways:
1. scum with reckless abandon just trying to get herself trusted
2. town because there's no scum incentive to clear people

shiki what's your take
infinity only cleared you, but its probably town indicative, yeah? like there's no immediate pressure for mafia here and there's no expectation for you to accept?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (isolation #47) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 785, humaneatingmonkey wrote:how does the paragon of mafia hunters get me so wrong, and then devolve into shallow reads like townreading me after S_S flips but not catboi.
In post 787, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 663, MURDERCAT wrote:today is probably hem + hem's #1 scum read and we accept we lose to scum hem now
how does the paragon of mafia hunters decide this is an okay result for this game where he's town
the more damning thing is probably that what it resulted in like

reads everyone had before the prism pairing?

and the reasons given for that being kinda ???
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (isolation #48) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 784, inutile wrote:
In post 783, inutile wrote:
which i mean does happen, but not all that often
actually this:
In post 746, catboi wrote:I had actually been feeling fairly good about Infinity and she was the one I had in mind for clearing but I wanted to revisit the ISO first.
is kinda hmm
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (isolation #49) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 796, humaneatingmonkey wrote:if i trust you, will you end up being town?
still town yeah
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (isolation #50) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 800, catboi wrote:Why's that?
potentially negates the 'no outs' aspect
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (isolation #51) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 804, humaneatingmonkey wrote:making a read based on what Prism said in a thread where she was a spectator and applying it here is what i would call convoluted.
it wasn't based on what prism said? it was based on prism being aware of the fact that menalque was universally scumread for that very thing very recently? and i read that game during dead silence because menalque was upset about it
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (isolation #52) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 806, catboi wrote:
In post 802, inutile wrote:
In post 800, catboi wrote:Why's that?
potentially negates the 'no outs' aspect
I'm not sure what you mean by this?
like it felt like you could only be mafia if you were going for the no outs angle, like 'i can't be mafia, look at the position i'm willingly putting myself in, leave me behind,' et cetera

but the above seems counter to that

like either because town
or saw an opportunity
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (isolation #53) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 811, catboi wrote:I feel like my responses to HEM would indicate more of that, my intention of possibly clearing Infinity was because I felt she was town, not because of any anticipated reciprocity.
hm. these just run into eachother to me. like clear infinity to be paired with either to get out of no outs situation?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (isolation #54) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:58 am

Post by inutile »

i trust infinity
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (isolation #55) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:13 am

Post by inutile »

thankyou for moderating. no redactions necessary for me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”