Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 363 - Time for some serious negotiations! - C9++

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Post by Quaroath »

WELCOME TO THE NBA FANTASY LOCKOUT!

Mediator: "Greetings! I will be your Mediator for this negotiating session. There are evil forces afoot, attempting to deprive every fun-loving NBA fan of their joy, and destroy workers and businesses across the nation! We need to root them out! That is why I have called you all here. The people in this room can end this madness! I can't tell you exactly what you are up against, but there are some in the room that want the season to burn. We need to root them out, so we can get a deal done. There are 15 people in the room. I've found one person myself that is part of the problem, and I shall remove them shortly."

*People start looking at one another wondering who it is*

Mediator: "So that said, lets get to work. We must get all the obstructionist out of the room before we can seal the deal. Mr. Kessler? You are dismissed. Your services are no longer required. Please leave."

Mr. Kessler: "Me? You must be joking?"

Mediator: "No sir, please leave. We can't make a deal with you in the room."

Mr. Kessler: "I can't believe this, Fine. But when the season starts, who will you vilify then?"

*Mr. Kessler leaves the room muttering softly to himself*

Mediator: "Now, then... let us begin. I am here to facilitate. Not participate. From here, it is all up to you."

In honor of the NBA lockout ending, we shall be holding our own negotiations to cleanse the town of the riff-raff holding everything up!

These guys got it done... finally, will you? Or will the league be destroyed by greed?

Still negotiating the hard way (Alive): (13/13)

DeasVail

vijay2vasandani

Vadinci

whispersilk

Adc75
Xalxe

projectmatt
Voidedmafia

Tajun
Amrun

DonJosh

The Acting Method

Shattered Viewpoint

Those taking an "extended lunch" (Dead): (0/13)

Sterned (Modkilled): None, because no one crosses Stern.
Last edited by Quaroath on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 15 times in total.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Game Rules:

General Gameplay:

1. In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  2. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  3. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 72-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – please don't leave us hanging!
  4. Prods of missing players will be issued after 72 hours of no activity. Any player who fails to post in-thread within 24 hours of being prodded may be replaced.
  5. No prods will be issued during Night
  6. A player who is eligible for a third prod is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  7. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  8. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
    If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to the game Mod IMMEDIATELY.

During the Day:

1. Each Day will have a three-week deadline. Extensions will be given only in extreme circumstances, but always feel free to ask.
  2. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
  3. Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
  4. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
  5. Once you are dead (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post that contains NO game related information.
  6. Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. VOTE: Player).
  7. Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. UNVOTE: Player or
    Unvote
    ). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes, but are appreciated.
  8. Votes/Unvotes should be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
  9. Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count.

During the Night:

1. Each Night will have a strict 72-hour deadline. Extensions will not be given, unless a player has to be replaced during the Night.
  2. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
  3. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
  4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).

Miscellaneous:

1. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

2. THIS COLOR
    text is reserved for the Mod.
  3. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed (if you can't read it, don't post it).
  4. You are not allowed to edit your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
  5. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  6. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  7. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, as the Mod sees fit. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night and the offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
  8. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other!

(These rules mostly borrowed from Uite, via Krazy, with minor modifications.)
Last edited by Quaroath on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by Quaroath »

The Roles

Here are some sample Role PMs. Please note that not every role will appear in the game. For a list of all the possible setups, please see the wiki.

Vanilla TownieWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Vanilla Townie
Your only weapons are your word and your vote.
You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and there is at least one Town member alive.
Please confirm by restating your role via PM.

Town CopWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Town Cop
Each Night, you may investigate one player by PMing their name to the Mod. You will receive confirmation on whether they are Town or Anti-Town.
You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and there is at least one Town member alive.

Town 1-Shot CopWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Town 1-Shot Cop
On
one
Night of your choice, you may investigate one player by PMing their name to the Mod. You will receive confirmation on whether they are Town or Anti-Town.

Town DoctorWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Town Doctor
Each Night, you may protect one player from one kill by PMing their name to the Mod.

Town 1-Shot DoctorWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Town 1-Shot Doctor
On
one
Night of your choice, you may protect one player from one kill by PMing their name to the Mod.

Town VigilanteWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Town Vigilante
Each Night, you may kill one player by PMing their name to the Mod.

Town 1-Shot VigilanteWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Town 1-Shot Vigilante
On
one
Night of your choice, you may kill one player by PMing their name to the Mod.

Innocent ChildWelcome, [Player Name]. You are an
Innocent Child
At the start of Day 1, your role will be publicly announced, confirming you as Town.

MasonWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Mason
, along with your partner(s), [Partner Name] (and [Other Partner Name]).
You know that your partner(s) are/is Town, and you may communicate with them in
this
quicktopic during the pregame and at Night.

Town RoleblockerWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Town Roleblocker
Each Night, you may block one player's Night ability by PMing their name to the Mod.

Town 1-Shot RoleblockerWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Town 1-Shot Roleblocker
On
one
Night of your choice, you may block one player's Night ability by PMing their name to the Mod.

Mafia GoonWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Mafia Goon
, along with your partner(s), [Partner Name] (Partner Role) (and [Other Partner Name] (Other Partner Role)).
You may communicate with your partner(s) in
this
Each Night, you or (one of) your partner(s) may kill one player by PMing their name to the Mod.
You win when the majority of living players are Mafia, or if nothing can prevent this.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
, along with your partner(s), [Partner Name] (Partner Role) (and [Other Partner Name] (Other Partner Role)).
this
Each Night, you may block one player's Night ability by PMing their name to the Mod.
Each Night, you or (one of) your partner(s) may kill one player by PMing their name to the Mod. You may not kill and roleblock in the same Night.
You win when the majority of living players are Mafia, or if nothing can prevent this.

Mafia GodfatherWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Mafia Godfather
this
Each Night, you or (one of) your partner(s) may kill one player by PMing their name to the Mod.
You appear as Innocent to Cop investigations.

Serial KillerWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Serial Killer
Each Night, you may kill one player by PMing their name to the Mod.
In addition, you may choose between the following abilities: 1-Shot Bulletproof or Investigation Immune.
You win when you are the last living player, or if nothing can prevent this.
Please confirm by restating your role via PM along with your ability selection.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Your note from the Mod: All names used by the mod have no affect on gameplay. There are no names assigned to roles. I am pretty much picking out of a hat in my head when I write up flavor.

This is an Open game, so it uses basic role pm's. I just wanted to clarify this, so there is no confusion as names pop up in flavor text.

I will edit in vote counts on the first post of each page. They will be accurate (one hopes)
through the first post of each page

LET THE GAME BEGIN!
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Mediator: Okay Ladies and Gentlemen. It's time to get to work.

Also, one other relevant item I should disclose, in addition to the information about Mr. Kessler, I am also happy to announce that we do have a paragon of willingness to make things work. I hope all of you can approach this our negotiations as Amrun has. Amrun has been a model of compromise during this lockout.

Amrun,
INNOCENT CHILD
, is willing to get this done.

Are you?
Last edited by Quaroath on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Xalxe »

VOTE: Shattered Viewpoint
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by The Acting Method »

Hello everyone.

Two quick housekeeping questions:
1. What timezone are you from?
2. How often do you intend to post?

And since we have the very cooperative Amrun with us that leaves us with 12 lynchables, so by taking a d12 and rolling it
vote: Tajun
I got 9 so That's my RVS.

Oh and to answer my questions: 1. Pacific Standard Time. 2. As often as I can.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by DeasVail »

VOTE: Xalxe

Because he voted first.

Timezone: GMT +11

I think I post fairly regularly unless the game drags.

@The Acting Method: Why do you feel the need to roll a d12 to determine your vote?
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Tajun »

VOTE: Vadinci
That eye never ceases to creep me out. Also, please try to stick with this one.

As for the questions,
1)Eastern Standard time
2)At least once a day, unless I get crazy busy at work.

Add one of my own:
3)What is your experience with mafia?

My answer: Finished 3 games on site, currently playing a fourth (and a fifth, counting this one).
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Adc75
Adc75
Goon
Adc75
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Adc75 »

VOTE: Vijay

1. EST (NY)

2. Often.

3. Refer to my sig.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Amrun »

1) Eastern
2) Usually at least once a day with some lapses; if I get interested far more

v/la until tomorrow night

Vote: The Acting Method

For being kind of stiff and awkward.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:38 pm

In post 7, DeasVail wrote:
@The Acting Method: Why do you feel the need to roll a d12 to determine your vote?

I don't feel the need, just felt it would be fun and different. I usually do it if I want to make a random vote, but don't feel like doing anything else.

In post 8, Tajun wrote:
As for the questions,
1)Eastern Standard time

Add one of my own:

My answer: Finished 3 games on site, currently playing a fourth (and a fifth, counting this one).

This is my third game on site (other two ongoing, dead in one of them.), I've played games on another forum before. (Actually where I came up with the dice roll random vote)

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I've completed one game, died in two others, and am currently playing lots (probably too much)

@The Acting Method Wouldn't it be just as fun to just choose someone rather than needing to make it completely random?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by DeasVail »

UNVOTE: Xalxe

VOTE: The Acting Method
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Eastern.

I'll post at spontaneous levels of activity depending on how busy\motivated I am. I won't be prodded too much, though.

Vote: Donjosh
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:46 pm

Yeah, but really, I did that for my other two games. Felt like spicing it up.

And Really? I don't think that was worthy of a second vote during RVS stage.

There was a third Question Matt.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by DeasVail »

You don't think that was worthy of a second vote during RVS stage?

Are you serious?

It's RVS! Surely I can change my vote if I want.
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Tajun »

DeasVail wrote:You don't think that was worthy of a second vote during RVS stage?

Are you serious?

It's RVS! Surely I can change my vote if I want.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: DeasVail

Major league overreaction, coupled to the poorly explained vote change. Not to mention the fact that he probably wasn't serious.
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by whispersilk »

GMT

I post whenever I can.

I've played about 13ish games on Mafiascum, and one game off site.

VOTE: vijay

Weird name much?
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Xalxe »

In post 4, Quaroath wrote:
Mediator: Okay Ladies and Gentlemen. It's time to get to work.

Also, one other relevant item I should disclose, in addition to the information about Mr. Kessler, I am also happy to announce that we do have a paragon of willingness to make things work. I hope all of you can approach this our negotiations as Amrun has. Amrun has been a model of compromise during this lockout.

Amrun,
INNOCENT CHILD
, is willing to get this done.

Are you?

Thank god we have a decent Innocent Child.

In post 6, The Acting Method wrote:Hello everyone.

And since we have the very cooperative Amrun with us that leaves us with 12 lynchables, so by taking a d12 and rolling it

This post is scummy. Why are the questions necessary?

In post 8, Tajun wrote:VOTE: Vadinci
That eye never ceases to creep me out. Also, please try to stick with this one.

As for the questions,
1)Eastern Standard time

Add one of my own:

What is the relevance of this question?

In post 15, The Acting Method wrote:Yeah, but really, I did that for my other two games. Felt like spicing it up.

Do you have issues with votes being placed on you? Why?
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by DeasVail »

@Tajun I don't see why I need great reasoning to change a RV.

Let's just say my vote on Acting is more serious than my vote on Xalxe and I think his reaction to me could be from scum.
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Tajun »

@Xalxe: Curiousity, mostly. But some things are newb tells which can be mistaken for scum tells, and I like to know when this might be the case.

Questions for you: Have you played with SV before, or was the first post purely random?
If you feel The Acting method is scummy, why no vote?

PEdit: Reasonable enough, I suppose. Did you think his vote on you was serious?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by DeasVail »

That last question isn't directed at me, is it?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Xalxe »

In post 21, Tajun wrote:@Xalxe: Curiousity, mostly. But some things are newb tells which can be mistaken for scum tells, and I like to know when this might be the case.

Questions for you: Have you played with SV before, or was the first post purely random?
If you feel The Acting method is scummy, why no vote?

There is no such thing as a newb tell.
I have not played with SV before, but I know him from around the site. He knows why I'm voting him.
Also he is an alt so etc

I didn't SAY Acting Method was scummy. You inferred that.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:20 pm

In post 20, DeasVail wrote:@Tajun I don't see why I need great reasoning to change a RV.

Let's just say my vote on Acting is more serious than my vote on Xalxe and I think his reaction to me could be from scum.

Or It's my meta to address all votes that are presented towards my person no matter what side I'm on, especially when I interpret them as being scummy. (applicable to this site majorily.) Which leads me to the question? How is it scummy to respond to a vote change that seems to be serious for a reason as crummy as "I don't like your way of doing a random vote for this game." As a point of logic, wouldn't it make me equally or maybe even more likely to hit scum with a random vote?

Editing this so I can address why I chose those questions as they pertain to me:
In post 19, Xalxe wrote:
In post 6, The Acting Method wrote:Hello everyone.

This post is scummy. Why are the questions necessary?

In post 15, The Acting Method wrote:Yeah, but really, I did that for my other two games. Felt like spicing it up.

Do you have issues with votes being placed on you? Why?

Hmmm, maybe I would like to see when I can expect people on so that I know how long it takes to get certain questions answered? Maybe I'd like to see if I'm can expect posting to drop off for hours at a time with noone saying anything?
Is that scummy? I don't think so. But then I'm getting the feeling you feel random questioning stage is scummy so you might disagree.

Also I'm a bit impatient so that takes some of my attitude into account.

As to your final question, I'm not too big on RVS stage votes becoming bandwagons, and I also would have preferred a better logic to what he now says is a "somewhat serious vote" paraphrasing than essentially "I don't like that you did a completely random RVS stage vote. Instead of making it so that you make some outrageous reason up."
So generally no (or I'd be going after the first person to vote me.) but it can irritate me when I feel I'm not being read fully.

Return to “Completed Open Games”