Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Open 353: The House on Meadowlark Drive

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Maggie wrote:
Felis catus.

The Nine of us lived there at the house on Meadowlark Drive for a long time. The hunting there was fantastic. A three story house with a yard full of trees meant good eating for those of us who were quick enough to kill birds or snatch eggs. A room full of sacks of grains meant piles upon piles of mice. And every week, the Man would bring food. Store food. Processed food. Food with vitamins and stuff. It was okay. It was pretty excellent for those of us who were too slow to catch live meals – not me. We loved him. He kept unsavory types out. He didn’t let just any stray inside. He’d hand-chosen us, adopted us. We were his kittens, he was our host.

We got lazy. Some of us. And it was fine. A little food went missing. We hunters were happy to share. We found new smells around the house. It was okay. Remarking was easy. The sparrow population dropped noticeably. Some of us got a little antsy. I got a little antsy.

On Saturday, the Man came for the week. He brought with him three newcomers. Fresh out of the gutter, by the looks of them. Unsavory types. There were oddly familiar smells. There was a lot of hissing. There was a little fighting. Change is never good. Twelve was something new. The rest of us eventually came to the decision that the newcomers would be given a trial. Time to settle in. If we could all live peacefully together until the Man returned, we’d let them stay. We went to sleep that night in our separate corners. Kaiser, a kitten, was frightened away from his couch, where the three intruders stuck the night out together.

I remember waking up with my legs bound. I remember being placed on the silver dish of a contraption we’d built from dilapidated furniture and rescued kitchenware. The last thing I remember is flying through the attic window of at the front of the house, flying at a speed and angle I’d never have been able to achieve on my own. Not a problem, right? Cats land on our feet, right? I didn’t land. Instead, I was caught by a passenger’s side window of the South Urban City Bus, rolling by just above the speed limit. Actually, the last thing I remember is “crunch.”

"Maggie," Domestic Longhair, Tortoiseshell Queen.
(Whiskers)
Catapulted
the Morning of Day One.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Rules

Generals;

1) All site-wide rules apply.
2) There is no personal communication outside the forum, unless you are alive, and mafia.
3) Play to your Win Condition.
4) I am the moderator of this game, and as such, I will decide what to do in any given situation. (Tell me if I'm wrong).
5) Encrypted, coded, or invisible, text is not allowed.
6) I reserve the right to add and change rules as needed. Rules changes will always be made loudly and in public.

Mechanics;

1) Days will last
264 Hours
(11 days), or until a Lynch (50% +1 Votes on a player) has been achieved. Either way, when the day has ended, I'll post a lynch scene (or a no-lynch scene) and the game will progress to the next Day.
2) Votes must be bolded to be counted. Unvoting is not required.
3) Once a Lynch is achieved, the Game enters Twilight phase until a lynch scene is posted. Daykills and Votes made in Twilight phase will not be counted. Players may continue to post in Twilight phase.
3.b) Twilight of Day One will last at least 24 hours, so that a Vengeful Kill, if applicable, can be made.

4) A No Lynch can be achieved with only 50% Votes.
5) If you have failed to post for over 48 hours, I will send you a prod. Failure to respond to this prod within 24 hours will result in the replacement of that player. Force-replacing of flakers/rule-breakers will be occur at my discretion.

Game Specific;

1) Daykills will reset the Votecount.
1.b) Daykills made within 24 hours of the deadline will extend the deadline by 24 hours.
This only applies on Day One.

2) Flavor has no impact on role-alignment or powers.
2.b) Flavor text written about something may not be accurate about stuff.
Last edited by Whiskers on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:34 am, edited 7 times in total.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Whiskers »

This game is Nightless Vengeful Mayhem!
It will begin once Role PMs are sent out to:

Shattered Viewpoint
Derpy Hooves
Rainbowdash
fatlikepig
Collyer
Charlie
Guy_Named_Riggs
NoodleGoomba
farside22
Hoopla (and)
whispersilk

Spoiler: Roles
Vanilla Townie Role wrote:
You are [Name], a [Breed] [Colouration] Cat.

You are an honest Resident of this house. No matter how long you've lived here, it's pretty obvious this is a good thing and you really, really aren't going to just sit down and have it taken away from you. Each Day, a census of every Resident will be taken, a vote tallied, and at the end of the Day, the Cat with the most Votes will be, frankly, killed.
If the other Residents turn against you on the First Day, you can, with your dying strength, drag another Cat with you into the afterlife.
You win if you and the other Residents find and lynch all the Sneaky Sneaky Murderers.
Mafia Goon Role wrote:

You are an Upsetter, and like a couple of other Cats you've decided that you want a permanent spot in this house. If the other Residents want Nine, then you will them help decide who needs to be displaced.
There's strength in numbers, and you're secretly allies with ZZZ and YYY, a cold-blooded Killer and the only other Cat who approached him, respectively. You can leave messages to each other via [[a complex code of scratches and scents]].
You win when you and your comrades have the means to openly overpower the rest of the Residents -- when there are as many of you as there are of them.
Two-Shot Mafia Daykiller wrote:

You are a Killer, and like a couple of other Cats you've decided that you
will
have a permanent spot in this house. If that means personally reducing the number of Residents, so be it. You're willing to take matters into your own paws.
You've made a pact with two like-minded individuals who immediately picked you out as the murderous type. XXX and YYY will defend you, and in exchange, you won't kill them. You can leave messages to each other via [[a complex code of scratches and scents]].
When no one is looking, you can corner and disembowel another Cat (Private Message me with "
Kill: Player Name
"), but you know you can only get away with it so many times (2), and only Once in a given Day.
You win when you and your comrades have the means to openly overpower the rest of the Residents -- when there are as many of you as there are of them.

Important Events:
Day One:
Day 1 Begins! Day 1 Deadline!
Votecount One
Votecount Two
Votecount Three
Votecount Four
Votecount Five
Votecount Six
Votecount Seven

Final Count
Lameass, Overdue, Flip-Post

Day Two:
Day 2 Begins!

Day Three:
Day 3 Begins with a Family Meeting.
Fantastic Count
Second Count
Third Count
Fourth Count
Fifth Count
Flip

Spoiler: Flips:
"Scotch," Feral, Wirehair, Tabby Tom.
(Shattered Viewpoint)
Lynched
Evening of Day One.
"Tequila," Stray, Siamese Molly.
(farside22)
Vengekilled
Evening of Day One.
"Kyla," Domestic Shorthair, Chocolate Point Molly.
(whispersilk) has been
gutted
Afternoon of Day Two. (Killer)
"Chris," Pedigreed, Chartreux Tom.
(fatlikepig)
impaled
and throat ripped Afternoon of Day Three.
"Alabaster," Domestic Shorthair, White Tom.
(NoodleGoomba)
shredded
at Noon on Day Four.
Last edited by Whiskers on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:51 am, edited 13 times in total.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Fastest in Equestria still!

Vote NoodleGoomba
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Hoopla »

VOTE: Raindowdash
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Charlie »

Faelidae flavour. Very interesting. I guess I'm self-declared flavor expert.
Kindness
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Charlie, no vote?

VOTE: Derpy Hooves

No murdering people with dropped pianos, thanks.
Sproink!
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Vote: whispersilk
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by Charlie »

Nah, I'll be different.
Let me profile each player for kickstarting discussion. Responses are expected. The questions are not random.

Shattered Viewpoint - You don't get to dictate these sort of things, you know (vote for you goes here)
Derpy Hooves - Hah, pony. You seem new. Good luck confusing the rest of the playerlist.
Rainbowdash - Pony. Colourful & loud.
fatlikepig - Pony. That character you're sporting in your avatar is really obnoxious, I hope you as a player won't be.
Collyer - You're new around here, how about an intro?
Charlie - Has watched Felidae, which the flavour of this game. It's an animation, 1980s I think, targeted at adults, obscure in the market but won an award (in Germany, where it was made, I believe), it has violence, foul language, gore & a sex scene. It was... surreal.
Guy_Named_Riggs - Do you know of an Agent P?
NoodleGoomba - You're a hydra. What problems do you expect with this and how would you counter them?
farside22 - Well, it has been a while, how's the kid?
Hoopla - For some reason you like your name in rulesets. Why so serious?
whispersilk - I got nothing... so have at ye.

@Everyone: This game has mechanics which I've only read about but not played in (Nightless, Vengeful, Daykill) so I could really benefit from open discussion about it.
Kindness
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:56 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Charlie wrote:fatlikepig - Pony. That character you're sporting in your avatar is really obnoxious, I hope you as a player won't be.

Trixie's not annoying, she's misunderstood. You're just mad because she turned Rarity's hair green in
Boast Busters
. D:<

As far as I'm concerned, Daykill seems much like NK but with more WIFOM when it comes to analysis. Player A suspects Player B, and Player A suddenly dies? BAM! Instant WIFOM.

Having not had much experience with these mechanics either, are Vengeful kills usually agreed upon before a lynch?
Sproink!
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by Charlie »

I see... but I still don't understand why that's optimal play. Some reading material on the game theory would be appreciated.

Oh, yeah I see I'm still sporting a Rarity avatar. I intend to shed it for a Fluttershy one later.
Kindness
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:44 pm

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

In post 8, Charlie wrote:
Guy_Named_Riggs - Do you know of an Agent P?

I do. He's always trying to thwart my plans. I trap him, but for some strange reason, he always seems to get untrapped. I don't get it.

Anyway
VOTE:NoodleGoomba
for being a hydra.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:48 am

Post by Apple Jack »

vote: noodle

Rvs wagon anypony?
I love MUFFINS!!!
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:32 am

Post by whispersilk »

Who is noodlegoomba a hydra of and why are there so many ponies in this game?

I've never played a nightless or vengeful setup before either. I have played in games that have had a daykill role, none of which were scum, and they've all turned out to be bad for town. Like dayvigs getting it completely wrong and shooting town.

VOTE: farside
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:17 am

Post by farside22 »

farside22 - Well, it has been a while, how's the kid?

He's 3 1/2 and had a blast during Halloween. He's a sweetheart and a spoiled only child at the same time.
I love him so.
He wanted to be Superman this year. So much fun!

Vote: Hoopla

Weren't you supposed to vote me according to the sign up thread for the game? Why didn't you?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
NoodleGoomba
NoodleGoomba
Goon
NoodleGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:35 am

Post by NoodleGoomba »

Too busy to read everything that has been said, as will be the case on weekdays for me, but I just wanted to check in before I head for school. I have received my role PM, but again, have been to busy to actually read it, just wanted to stop in and say hi and I'm here and yeah.

Goomba
Will be taking control for most of the week-time, when I am to busy, and I will pop in on Fri-Sun to catch up and post thoughts and contribute n such. Just in case anyone was curious how this was gunna work.

Vote: Whispersilk
For being the only person in the game I've played with before.
~Noodle
Hydra of
Maruchan
and
izakthegoomba
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:53 am

Post by farside22 »

@Charlie: Why did you not ask everyone a question?

In post 9, fatlikepig wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Having not had much experience with these mechanics either, are Vengeful kills usually agreed upon before a lynch?

I have seen vengeful kills usually with the person who has the most votes deciding who to shot, however giving your view on who you think is scum with reason's can always help a person decide who is scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:55 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 14, farside22 wrote:Weren't you supposed to vote me according to the sign up thread for the game? Why didn't you?

I thought that would be mean and seem like I had an agenda against you.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 17, Hoopla wrote:
In post 14, farside22 wrote:Weren't you supposed to vote me according to the sign up thread for the game? Why didn't you?

I thought that would be mean and seem like I had an agenda against you.

Hmm...

Anyone have muffins? I love muffiiiiiiiins
I love MUFFINS!!!
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Apple Jack »

Derp, Should have said, does anypony have muffins
I love MUFFINS!!!
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 6, fatlikepig wrote:Charlie, no vote?

Does this matter at all?

Charlie wrote:I see... but I still don't understand why that's optimal play. Some reading material on the game theory would be appreciated.

There are a few things that change, namely what correct behavior around a lynch threshold is, especially in a scenario where scum has any dayvig shots left, for anypony reading between the lines, yes that is my intention if I dont have a town read on somepony. Town reads become more important in nightless games, which im thrilled about, but at the same time they are much more difficult since simply having a game be nightless should change the dynamics of how scum plays. More big picture instead of snippets of here and there is what becomes key.

Derpy Hooves wrote:Derp, Should have said, does anypony have muffins

It gets easier with time until it becomes natural. What gets more difficult is trying to explain to a professor why your paper has the word 'anypony' in it a couple times.

Also your gender is wrong.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Apple Jack »

Derp, I've fixed that. I am so derpy
I love MUFFINS!!!
NoodleGoomba
NoodleGoomba
Goon
NoodleGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:15 am

Post by NoodleGoomba »

Dammit Noodle, we've got two list mods and four ponies, and you vote for
whispersilk
?

VOTE: Hoopla

Her avatar looks scummy.
Hydra of
Maruchan
and
izakthegoomba
NoodleGoomba
NoodleGoomba
Goon
NoodleGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:44 am

Post by NoodleGoomba »

In post 3, Rainbowdash wrote:
Vote NoodleGoomba
In post 4, Hoopla wrote:VOTE: Raindowdash
In post 7, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
Vote: whispersilk
I know this is RVS stage but I "usually" see at least some stupid-flimsy-pointless reason attached to votes. In the case of Hoopla & SV, there wasn't even further comments in their post like "Hey it's me I'm so cool bye guys" or something else as silly. I don't like it when people come in and make just a 2-word (Vote & Name) post as their first post, it seems like you're saying "Hi, I'm here, but this game isn't important enough for my attention." Sorry if I seem nitpicky, but its just a bit of a pet peeve of mine.
In post 8, Charlie wrote:NoodleGoomba - You're a hydra. What problems do you expect with this and how would you counter them?.
The only problem I suspect will happen between me and goomba is a behind-the-scenes problem none of you will ever notice, and that would be lack of real-time internal discussion. He is 6 hours ahead of me, and with my busy-schedule during the week, I usually won't have week-day time to spend trying to discuss. Other than this, I don't see any problems arising. I'll probably let him control the vote for the most part (I ALMOST put "I am not going to RVS because I haven't discussed with my partner yet" in my first post, but I figured I'd rather take the flak from him for voting a vote he didn't agree with, and letting him change it (as was done), than to have 10 people jump down my throat for not RVSing. (as has been done to me and by me in the past))

Other than internal-communication, I don't foresee any problems arising, I have hydra'd with him before (albeit in a game that took a half of a brain cell to function in). and have played with him before and think we will do fine in terms of agreeing to reads and such. You won't even have the problem of telling us apart because I will always (and he will sometimes) sign our posts distinctly.
In post 11, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:
VOTE:NoodleGoomba
In post 12, Apple Jack wrote:
vote: noodle
L-3 BTW, and wow why do fast wagons always form on me?
In post 13, whispersilk wrote:Who is noodlegoomba a hydra of and why are there so many ponies in this game?

I cna answer half of this!

Maruchan & Izakthegoomba. Maruchan(myself) is Noodle, and izakthegoomba is Goomba.
~Noodle
Hydra of
Maruchan
and
izakthegoomba
NoodleGoomba
NoodleGoomba
Goon
NoodleGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:46 am

Post by NoodleGoomba »

In post 20, Rainbowdash wrote: What gets more difficult is trying to explain to a professor why your paper has the word 'anypony' in it a couple times.

Legit lol'd
~Noodle
[/b]
Hydra of
Maruchan
and
izakthegoomba

Return to “Completed Open Games”