Open 323: Murder at Happy Sunshine Hospital (Scum win!)

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Open 323: Murder at Happy Sunshine Hospital (Scum win!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Amrun »

Open 323: Murder at Happy Sunshine Hospital
- 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Doctor, 3 Doctors, 7 Vanilla Townies

The race for Chief of Medicine is on at Happy Sunshine Hospital. All the top doctors are gunning for the job and everyone is on edge. Recently, there has been a string of deaths at Happy Sunshine. The patients are nervous and the staff is frantic. The patients don't want to be next and the doctors don't want to be blamed for the deaths. Can the culprits be found before the hospital's reputation is compromised?

Still Kicking (4/13)

Quaroath
*** -
Mafia Doctor
, alive at endgame and won
silavor
* -
Patient
, alive at endgame and lost
Nobody Special**
zMuffinMan*
-
Mafia Goon
, alive at endgame and won
teamsleep
-
Patient
, alive at endgame and lost

bold
indicates confirmation.
* - Asterisks indicate number of prods received.

In the Morgue (8/13)

Quilford
glowball
-
Patient
, Lynched Day 1
HellloooNewman
** -
Patient
, Overdosed Night 1
Sundy
* -
Town Doctor
, Shot Night 1
Singersigner
NStride***
-
Town Doctor
, Lynched Day 2
SleepyKrew
farside22
-
Town Doctor
, Shot Night 2
pinkfloyd
-
Mafia Roleblocker
, Lynched Day 3
tclawren
** -
Patient
, Shot Night 3
Hikari Link
Hiraki*
-
Patient
, Shot Night 4
DarthYoshi
-
Patient
, Lynched Day 5

Important Events

Day 1 Begins
SleepyKrew replaces farside22
Nobody Special replaces zMuffinMan
Quilford replaces glowball
Singersigner replaces NStride
Quilford lynched Day 1
Hikari Link replaces Hiraki Night 1
HellloooNewman and Sundy dead Night 1
Singersigner lynched Day 2
SleepyKrew dead Night 2
pinkfloyd lynched Day 3
tclawren dead Night 3
No Lynch Day 4
Hikari Link dead Night 4
DarthYoshi lynched Day 5
Last edited by Amrun on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:56 am, edited 54 times in total.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Amrun »

Rules

(References: Equinox, ReaperCharlie, LlamaFluff, Vi, dramonic)

General

1. Be familiar with the sitewide rules and guidelines.
  2. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Use of homophobic, racist, sexist, or any other derogatory slurs falls under this rule. Keep it civil.
  3. Play to your win condition.
  4. Unless otherwise specified in your role PM or by me, you may not communicate outside of this thread while the game is running.
  5. Do not quote or post any screen captures of any private communication to which you have access. This includes game-related PMs, QuickTopics, and instant messaging logs. Paraphrasing is okay.
  6. If it is not visible to the naked eye, do not post it. This includes, but is not limited to: invisible text, tiny text, encrypted text, and text hidden within tags. Spoiler text, however, is allowed, as long as it is used within reason.
  7. If you have the ability to edit your posts, don't use it in my game.
  8. Regular
    dark purple
    - and boldface
    maroon
    -colored text are reserved for the moderator. All other formatting is fair game with the provision that you do not impersonate me or post in hidden text, as covered in another rule.

Activity

1. Prods will be issued to players if they have not posted within a 48-hour period. Players who have been prodded have 24 hours to respond
    in the game thread
    before a replacement is sought.
  2. Players who have been prodded 3 times are subject to replacement without further notice. After three prods, replacements will happen upon my discretion. Prod timers re-set with each new game Day.
  3. Posting content is an absolute must. If a player posts nothing but prod dodges for an entire game Day, he or she will be subject to replacement upon my discretion.
  4. If you anticipate being away for at least 48 hours, please PM me AND post a V/LA notice in the thread with the expected date of your return.

Pre-Game

1. During Pre-Game you will receive your role PM. Confirm by PM, as instructed.
  2. Confirmed players will be bolded on the player list. When 10/13 players have confirmed, Day 1 will begin.
  3. The mafia may discuss in their QT during pre-game until I instruct them not to.

Day

1. Days will have a fixed deadline of 14 real-time days. Deadline extensions will be granted only in extreme circumstances.
  2. Players may vote to No Lynch; a no lynch will occur if a majority of players vote for no lynch or if no majority is achieved by deadline.
  3. Lynch is achieved by simple majority.
  4. Once majority is reached, no further votes or unvotes will count.
  5. Votes should be on a separate line and flushed left, and MUST be bolded (e.g.,
    Vote: Amrun
    ). The same applies to vote revocations (e.g.,
    Unvote
    ). Unvotes are preferred but not necessary when switching votes (e.g.,
    Unvote, Vote: Amrun
    ). Use of the vote tags (e.g., VOTE: Amrun) is optional. Abbreviations are okay as long as it's clear for whom the vote is made.
  6. If I think it's a vote, it is a vote.
  7. All players, including the lynched player, are allowed to discuss in twilight phase until I post the death scene.
  8. Dead players may make one "Bah!" post that contains no game-related content, but it must also contain a picture of a sheep and/or the word "OTTERCOCKS"

Night

1. Nights will last at least 48 hours and no more than 72 hours.
  2. Players who have a night action to submit must send it in before the announced deadline. I accept provisional actions up until the announced deadline, at which time I will use the last action submitted.

Moderator Actions

1. Flavor is for entertainment purposes only and has no significance in the game.
  2. If there is an error in the vote count or something similar, bold your concern in the thread. Please PM me for all other issues.
  3. Violations of these rules will result in consequences. Pretending to violate these rules will also result in consequences. What those consequences are depend on the severity of the action and on the game state.
  4. Any situation not covered above will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

I reserve the right to add, modify, or remove rules as necessary. I will notify you of all changes in the thread.

Please PM me if you need clarification on anything in the rules.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Amrun »

Setup

This medically themed game was originally designed by Olinea. The setup is as follows:

MAFIA
Mafia Goon

Mafia Roleblocker

Mafia Doctor

TOWN
Doctors

Vanilla Townies

Special Mechanics:
~If 2 or more Doctors (including the Mafia Doctor) target the same person, that person dies.

1 person will receive the following PM:

Welcome to Happy Sunshine Hospital, X. You are
Dr. Kevorkian
, aka the
Mafia Doctor
, along with Y and Z. You are gunning for a job as the Chief of Surgery at Happy Sunshine, and in order to achieve your goals, you’ve decided to sabotage other doctors’ patients to make yourself look better. You’ve promised X and Y that if they help you out, you’ll bring them along with you straight to the top. Each night, you may assign yourself to one player’s case (in other words, you may protect one player each night). If you are the only doctor assigned to that player’s case, your treatment will be effective and the patient will not die that night. If two or more doctors are assigned to the same patient, that patient will die due to conflicting treatments.

-
Factional communication:
You may talk with your mafia partners at [quicktopic link goes here] during night phases and before the start of day one.

-
Factional kill:
Every night, one living member of the mafia may PM me with the name of someone who you want to kill, as well as who you want to be the killer (if no killer is specified, I will assume that the person sending the PM is the killer). That person will die unless in some way protected.

Win condition:
You win when all members of the town are dead and at least one member of the mafia is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Welcome to Happy Sunshine Hospital, X. You are a
Disgruntled Nurse
, aka a
Mafia Roleblocker
, along with Y and Z. You have worked at Happy Sunshine for 15 years, but the doctors still act as if you don’t know your gallbladder from your spleen – most doctors, anyway. Dr. Kevorkian once said “thank you” to you, so when he asked for your help in return for a raise and more time off, you agreed. If a doctor is causing problems for Dr. Kevorkian, you can have him or her summoned to elsewhere in the hospital, effectively roleblocking him or her for the night.

-
Factional communication:
You may talk with your mafia partners at [quicktopic link goes here] during night phases and before the start of day one.

-
Factional kill:
Every night, one living member of the mafia may PM me with the name of someone who you want to kill, as well as who you want to be the killer (if no killer is specified, I will assume that the person sending the PM is the killer). That person will die unless in some way protected.

Win condition:
You win when all members of the town are dead and at least one member of the mafia is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Welcome to Happy Sunshine Hospital, X. You are an
Ambitious Intern
, aka a
Mafia Goon
, along with Y and Z. You have agreed to help Dr. Kevorkian to rise to power in exchange for some extra OR time, but you’re only an intern, and therefore low in the pecking order. You have no special abilities except for factional abilities.

-
Factional communication:

-
Factional kill:

Win condition:

3 people will receive the following PM:

Doctor
. You are in the race for Chief of Surgery at Happy Sunshine, so you are eager to improve your record. Each night, you may assign yourself to one player’s case (in other words, you may protect one player each night). If you are the only doctor assigned to that player’s case, your treatment will be effective and the patient will not die that night. If two or more doctors are assigned to the same patient, that patient will die due to conflicting treatments. You’ve heard that someone is sabotaging patients; during the day, you must try and figure out who is causing the recent deaths because you really want that promotion.

Win condition:
You win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

7 people will receive the following PM:

Patient
, aka a
Vanilla Townie
. You have been admitted for treatment at Happy Sunshine and are therefore at the mercy of the doctors. You have no special abilities, but you’ve heard that someone is sabotaging patients; during the day, you must try and figure out who is causing the recent deaths because you really don’t want to be next.

Win condition:
You win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Amrun »

SO.

You're all getting new roles because I'm an idiot. I am very sorry for this.

When I sent out the game link, many of you confirmed by replying to that PM and all of those replies ended up going to Quaroath as well as me.

Luckily, this is an Open Game, so all that is needed to fix it is simply to re-shuffle roles. Hold tight.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Amrun »

New roles sent out. Please re-confirm. Let me know if you did not get TWO role pms.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Amrun »

VC1.1

Medical Care Fact:
America is responsible for the vast majority of medical innovations.

(0) Quaroath
(0) Hiraki
(0) DarthYoshi
(0) silavor
(0) pinkfloyd
(0) Sundy
(0) HellloooNewman
(0) zMuffinMan
(0) glowball
(0) tclawren
(0) NStride
(0) teamsleep
(0) farside22

Not Voting: Everyone

Deadline: Wednesday, August 3, 5:30pm EST
Last edited by Amrun on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:08 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

*waves at Quaraoth, silavor, Newman, and MuffinMan*

Vote: teamsleep.
Because only scum know from the outset they are on a team.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by tclawren »

VOTE: teamsleep Rv wagon go.

Question: thoughts on using the doctors as a vig?
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by tclawren »

Town directed of course.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
NStride
NStride
Townie
NStride
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by NStride »

Okay, so it looks like this forum does a lot of random voting and/or questioning to start off the game, but I had some thoughts in the shower last night while waiting for my role PM that I think are notable.

If more than one doctor protects the same person at night, they die according to the rules. There are four doctors total, 3 of which are pro-town. If the doctors work alone, chances are that one of them is going to try to protect the same player as another. If this happens, we could very potentially lose a vanilla town, on top of another mafia kill. On top of that, even if the 3 pro-town doctors pick different players, the mafia doctor could pick one of the three as well, even probably will. Also, even if all 3 Doctors make different choices, and the 4th mafia cop selects another random player, the mafia still have about a 2/3 chance of a successful kill. Anyway, I consider this groping around in the dark not optimal at all. It is confusing, randomized, and unhelpful to the uninformed majority.

What I suggest then is not only do we discuss who to lynch at the end of the day, but also who to night kill. Yes, I think it would be most beneficial if we figure out who we think is 2nd most likely to be scum, and the doctors kill them in the night. All 3 doctors choose to "protect" the same person. Therefore, we kill who we want, and the mafia doctor's choice is null. The only downside to this would be a 100% success rate of Mafia kills at night. Still, the odds for a successful block are not very high with 13 players anyway. This way, even if it turns out for the worst and 3 townie are dead the next day, we learn optimally by controlling 2/3 of the kills. With a blind game otherwise, the chances of 3 turning up dead the next day would probably be around 50/50 anyway. This is not confusing, not randomized, not as risky in comparison, and gives a second shot at hitting scum each day. It could be a very useful plan.

Anyway, I think this tactic is worth at the very least some discussion if not implementation. Discuss, and game on!
Running is freedom.

Oh, and you're scum/maf.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by farside22 »

I endorse the product and or service above ^
I think having everyone state there top 2 scum reads at the end of the game with reason would help determine the fakers (scum).
This will work only if all town doctors are alive. If the RB is lynched or killed by the doc's then it will work with 2 doctors.
The less players for the scum to pick the more they can narrow down doctors.

vote: Sundy
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by silavor »

NStride's proposal makes sense. Having a kill we can control gives us a lot more power than simply having the chance to stop a nightkill.

Vote:Zmuffin
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by glowball »

NStride's proposal makes sense, but can have really bad side effects if/when we are wrong about players....I mean considering it's very likely to mislynch day one, then accidentally kill night one, plus the mafia kill. I mean it definitely narrows down the numbers and therefore the possibilities but it also gets them steps closer to their win condition. It's basically the same way we always play just a quicker version with us picking off ourselves, I mean we still have to be good at finding scum and this plan just gives us less room for error.

VOTE: tclawren
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

glowball wrote:NStride's proposal makes sense, but can have really bad side effects if/when we are wrong about players....I mean considering it's very likely to mislynch day one, then accidentally kill night one, plus the mafia kill. I mean it definitely narrows down the numbers and therefore the possibilities but it also gets them steps closer to their win condition. It's basically the same way we always play just a quicker version with us picking off ourselves, I mean we still have to be good at finding scum and this plan just gives us less room for error.

VOTE: tclawren

This is why I want everyone to have a reason. There is a possible mislynch but the more informative a player is with reasoning.
2 weeks is good time to feel people out see what they have to say. I already have a feeling on what I expect from this game, but I'm going to see if I catch a few scum before I point it out.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
NStride
NStride
Townie
NStride
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by NStride »

glowball wrote:It's basically the same way we always play just a quicker version with us picking off ourselves, I mean we still have to be good at finding scum and this plan just gives us less room for error.

If no second player seems like a probable scum by the end of the day, we can always vote no night kill by the doctors. i.e., have none of the doctors protect anyone at night.

Right now though, just considering the theory, not thinking about how/if to implement it. I would say 4-5 days before the end of Day 1 would be a good time to actually discuss whether two kills are planned or not. Right now though, we may as well get the theory work out of the way to prevent what could be an otherwise chaotic conversation later.

I see your point about it potentially killing ourselves faster though. However, with the 4 doctors I think just going for protection at night isn't much better either. It is just more random, and it's riskier by giving potential power to a mafia doc.
Running is freedom.

Oh, and you're scum/maf.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by silavor »

If the doctors just heal randomly, we're essentially giving the mafia a second kill. All the mafia doc has to do is correctly guess who's being protected, and bam, second nightkill.

Even if the agreed-upon doc kill ends up being a misvig, the fact that we all agreed that player needed to die means we probably would have just mislynched them the next day anyway. I still say the benefits of a town-controlled vig far outweigh the drawbacks. Plus it gives a second wagon of sorts for VCA, for any of you who are in to that.
teamsleep
teamsleep
Goon
teamsleep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by teamsleep »

DarthYoshi wrote:*waves at Quaraoth, silavor, Newman, and MuffinMan*

Vote: teamsleep.
Because only scum know from the outset they are on a team.

D: My name is from a band.

NStride wrote:Okay, so it looks like this forum does a lot of random voting and/or questioning to start off the game, but I had some thoughts in the shower last night while waiting for my role PM that I think are notable.

If more than one doctor protects the same person at night, they die according to the rules. There are four doctors total, 3 of which are pro-town. If the doctors work alone, chances are that one of them is going to try to protect the same player as another. If this happens, we could very potentially lose a vanilla town, on top of another mafia kill. On top of that, even if the 3 pro-town doctors pick different players, the mafia doctor could pick one of the three as well, even probably will. Also, even if all 3 Doctors make different choices, and the 4th mafia cop selects another random player, the mafia still have about a 2/3 chance of a successful kill. Anyway, I consider this groping around in the dark not optimal at all. It is confusing, randomized, and unhelpful to the uninformed majority.

What I suggest then is not only do we discuss who to lynch at the end of the day, but also who to night kill. Yes, I think it would be most beneficial if we figure out who we think is 2nd most likely to be scum, and the doctors kill them in the night. All 3 doctors choose to "protect" the same person. Therefore, we kill who we want, and the mafia doctor's choice is null. The only downside to this would be a 100% success rate of Mafia kills at night. Still, the odds for a successful block are not very high with 13 players anyway. This way, even if it turns out for the worst and 3 townie are dead the next day, we learn optimally by controlling 2/3 of the kills. With a blind game otherwise, the chances of 3 turning up dead the next day would probably be around 50/50 anyway. This is not confusing, not randomized, not as risky in comparison, and gives a second shot at hitting scum each day. It could be a very useful plan.

Anyway, I think this tactic is worth at the very least some discussion if not implementation. Discuss, and game on!

That's a very... all-or-nothing way of thinking. That's not to say I don't endorse it, but I suppose I'm in the middle on this one. It's been already stated that if it backfires, then we're down 3 players over the course of a single day. I suppose it's not that much of a difference from one of those games where you lynch more than one player during the course of the game, but I've only heard of those, never played 'em.

I'm not opposed to it, but if it fails during the first attempt and it ends up backfiring, then we're at a disadvantage. I guess what I'm saying is, I do want to try it once, but if it backfires, I don't want to do it the upcoming days.

Being in a game with farside makes me a little more confident at scumhunting, but this is actually my first game on here that wasn't a Newbie game. Having such a enormous room for error is what scares me the most, I guess. But yeah, two weeks is a good amount of time to think about it.

silavor wrote:I still say the benefits of a town-controlled vig far outweigh the drawbacks. Plus it gives a second wagon of sorts for VCA, for any of you who are in to that.

The newbie in me is crawling out to ask a stupid question: what does VCA stand for?
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

I've seen games get bogged down like crazy trying to figure out ways to use mechanics to the towns advantage. I will probably look bad for saying this, but we should just play like normal, and let the docs do what they do at night.
Irritating Jerry since 1991
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by silavor »

vote count analysis

I'm trying to find a wiki link for it, but apparently no one's bothered to make a page explaining what it is.
Basically it's where you analyze wagons to try and find patterns between dead scum and still-living players. It's a tool that's pretty useful in endgame if you use it right.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by tclawren »

Also, (putting this in bold so everyone reads it)
do not put anyone at L-1 until we get a consensus about both kills.
If we are ringing up scum, optimal play is to selfhammer before we can figure out how to use our second kill. So just be careful with those votes.

The fencesitting in Teamsleep's post 16 is making my ass hurt just reading it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by farside22 »

silavor wrote:If the doctors just heal randomly, we're essentially giving the mafia a second kill. All the mafia doc has to do is correctly guess who's being protected, and bam, second nightkill.

Even if the agreed-upon doc kill ends up being a misvig, the fact that we all agreed that player needed to die means we probably would have just mislynched them the next day anyway. I still say the benefits of a town-controlled vig far outweigh the drawbacks. Plus it gives a second wagon of sorts for VCA, for any of you who are in to that.

Damn I was think just the mafia RB down would help. I forget about the mafia doc.

As for the mislynch comment, aren't you mr. negative.
We keep talking like that mafia will be calling the shots while the doctors a paranoid about whether they should listen or not.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by farside22 »

tclawren wrote:
The fencesitting in Teamsleep's post 16 is making my ass hurt just reading it.

Considering he stated he was in the middle on the discussion that's that a stretch. :igmeou:

@silavor: I'm not the biggest cheerleader of VCA. So far in my time here I don't always see it working out. I have seen a few times it did (when it first got looked into by DGB in a game I was amazed) but as time has gone on I have grown cynical of VCA. I've seen all town vote on a wagon day 1 against a town player.
I do see 1 pro to VCA, but I'll keep that pro-side secrete for now. Don't want scum knowing what I'm looking for.
NStride
NStride
Townie
NStride
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by NStride »

HellloooNewman wrote:I've seen games get bogged down like crazy trying to figure out ways to use mechanics to the towns advantage. I will probably look bad for saying this, but we should just play like normal, and let the docs do what they do at night.

It's usually my style to go out and scumhunt, but I was waiting for a post like this too. I purposely modeled my proposal post to sound like going with it was a great idea, and I was hoping for the acceptance wagon. (Look at the descriptive words and phrases at the end of the paragraphs, if you want.)

> farside22: "I endorse the product and or service above ^"
> silavor: "NStride's proposal makes sense. Having a kill we can control gives us a lot more power than simply having the chance to stop a nightkill."
> glowball: "NStride's proposal makes sense, but can have really bad side effects if/when we are wrong about players..."
> teamsleep: Sat on the fence.
> HN: No. This could just bog down the game and make it harder to hit scum.

The fact that you didn't just go with the flow of acceptance and even are against it give me the feeling that you are pro-town. That is not cautious mafia behavior. It's easy for the scum to go with the flow, but you weren't afraid to speak your mind and logically so.

Conversely, I think it likely that we could have a scum in the people that I quoted. I especially don't like silavor's response in #11. It is completely lacking in reasoning for going with the plan, other than the town gets more power. Also, it's second in line, a good place to be to try to just fit in and go with the flow, but waiting for a town alliance to speak first on the matter.

Although I do give it to you silavor that you did go with reasoning in a later post, #15 to be precise, you did so after another long post of analysis, giving you plenty of time and resources to make a convincing post for it.

VOTE: silavor
Running is freedom.

Oh, and you're scum/maf.
pinkfloyd
pinkfloyd
Goon
pinkfloyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Post by pinkfloyd »

Hey guys, this is my first game here at MS and I've played about 3 games before, so I'm kinda new but I love it :)

VOTE: tclawren because he has my favorite band as his avvie XD
Show
-pinkfloyd (Call me PF for short)

As of 6th of October 2011 I may be referred to as "Hiraki's fan boy"

Thanks!!

"hes not stupid. he just believes we are."
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Post by silavor »

NStride wrote: I especially don't like silavor's response in #11. It is completely lacking in reasoning for going with the plan, other than the town gets more power.

Lolwut? I did give reasoning; that it gives the town more power. Why are you purposely ignoring a part of my post to make your case work?

Return to “Completed Open Games”