singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Open 300 - Mafia on Midol (Town Wins!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by singersigner »

The flavor is like the ninjas; just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

The Little Engines that Still Think They Can:

2. Cyberbob,
Town Doctor
, Endgamed
5. Oman,
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed
10. Thor665,
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed
15. Llamafluff*,
Town Cop
, Endgamed
17. Crazy,
Town Tracker
, Endgamed

* indicates prod

Ran Out of Steam:

8. Sudo_Nym,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched D1
12. Fate,
Vanilla Townie
, killed N1
18. Nobody Special,
Mafia Goon
, lynched D2
4. Nachomamma8
DemonHybrid
Vanilla Townie
, killed N2
3. AGar,
Mafia Roleblocker
, lynched D3
7. SocioPath,
Vanilla Townie
, killed N3
9. Ranmaru
Zorblag
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched D4
11. Plum,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed N4
16. Twilight Sparkle
Nikanor
Vanilla Townie
, Killed N5
13. chkflip,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched D6
6. Papa Zito,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed N6
14. Cogito Ergo Sum,
Mafia Goon
, lynched D7
1. Punkin,
Mafia Goon
, lynched D8

Waiting At The Station

1. Spyrex
2. Gammagooey
3. MagnaofIllusion

Stuff You Might Not Care About:

ISO me if you want to find important stuff. ^_^

My inspiration:
Ninja Mafia
Last edited by singersigner on Thu May 26, 2011 6:31 am, edited 24 times in total.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by singersigner »

RULES:

General:

I am the MOD. There is no greater authority than I. I reserve the right to alter these rules if I deem it necessary, including retroactively enforcing new/altered rules. You have my promise that I will not do so unless necessary, and will always receive notice upon doing so.
Do not talk about this game outside of the thread (or your QT, if you have one) in any way, shape, or form.
Do not quote my PMs or pretend to do so. Quoting posts from me in-game is acceptable.
If you are modkilled, you automatically become a Neutral Survivor, and lose the game.
If I screw up, let me know. Post in thread (
@Mod: I voted for Nader, not Bush
) or PM me.
Please try to avoid using
bold
unless you are voting or communicating with me.
All night actions will be resolved with Natural Action Resolution.
Blue is my color. Do not use this or any other shade of blue.

Voting/Lynching:

Voting will be done either using the VOTE: tag, or in this format:
vote: Nixon
There will be no voting trickery. If something is clearly intended to be a vote for a specific player, I will treat it as such.
A lynch will occur when half-plus-one of living players are voting for the same player. As soon as the hammer vote is cast, the game will enter Twilight.
All living players may talk in Twilight, . Any voting/unvoting will not count. Twilight will last until I lock the thread.
Roles will be revealed upon death.
Once dead, you are allowed a single ‘bah’ post at the beginning of the next Day Phase. This post must be made within 48 hours of the beginning of the Day, and cannot contain any game information.
If lynch-count is not reached by deadline, the player with the majority of the votes cast will be lynched (i.e. in a Newbie game where it takes five to lynch, a vote distribution of 3:1:1 will result in a lynch of the player with 3 votes, but a 2:1:1:1 will not).

Deadlines:

Day phases will have a deadline of 2 weeks from the daybreak scene.
Day phases are extendable in the case of excessive/badly timed replacements, or if two-thirds of living players request an extension.
Night phases will have an unalterable deadline of 3 days from the lynch scene.
Should you need to go V/LA that extends through a night phase and you have a night action, I will chose at random who that night action affects unless notified of the player's choice before then.
Prods will be given if a player has not posted in 48 hours.
A player must respond, in-thread, to a prod within 48 hours, or they will be replaced. If the 48 hours runs into Night Phase, they must PM me within the same time frame.

Don’t Be Stupid:

Don’t use hidden or encrypted text. You may use small text, unless it is hiding game-related or important information.
Play to your win condition.
Don’t attack your fellow players. It’s just a game.
Sometimes life sucks and players will have to go V/LA. Please do not accuse players of using V/LA unfairly.
By the same token, please don’t use V/LA unfairly. If something comes up, that’s fine, but don’t ruin the game for others. Request replacement if you need to.
Have fun. No, really. Have fun.

Game Specific:

This is an open setup. All role PMs in the game are listed below.
Roles were determined using the following harrowing math. And random.org.

a. One of these with equal likelihood:
* 1 Mafia goon, 1 Mafia roleblocker, 1 cop, 1 doctor, 5 vanilla townies
* 2 Mafia goons, 1 cop, 6 vanilla townies
* 2 Mafia goons, 1 doctor, 6 vanilla townies
* 1 Mafia goon, 1 Mafia roleblocker, 7 vanilla townies
b. One of these with equal likelihood:
* 1 Mafia goon, 1 Mafia ninja, 1 tracker, 1 watcher, 5 vanilla townies
* 2 Mafia goons, 1 tracker, 6 vanilla townies
* 2 Mafia goons, 1 watcher, 6 vanilla townies
* 1 Mafia goon, 1 Mafia ninja, 7 vanilla townies
Note: Split the 18-player game in two and independently generate each half. Half 1 is the standard F11; half 2 replaces the cop, doc, and roleblocker with a tracker, watcher, and ninja respectively. Then combine them back together.
Last edited by singersigner on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by singersigner »

Possible Roles

TOWN
Vanilla TownieWelcome to Open 300: Ninja Mafia,
PlayerName
. You are a
Vanilla Townie
. This doesn't mean squat. You pretty much get to lay around at night sleeping. No partying with your friends (like you have any), no creepy stalking of the neighbors. Nothing. You're pretty useless, IMO. The only thing you have going for you is the ability to vote. Have fun with that.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated. Since this is an open game, that would be the 4 mafia guys. Good luck. The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM.

Watcher PMWelcome to Open 300: Ninja Mafia,
PlayerName
. You are a
Watcher
. You like to watch things. A pot boiling, a friend's mom sunbathing at the public pool, the ants being singed with a magnifying glass...

Whether or not you're good at it, well...we'll see about that.

Because you’re so special, you can choose to watch a target each night. If anyone else tries to do something to that target (nefarious or otherwise), you’ll be notified who it was, though not what they did. If you fail to submit a watch target before the deadline then you forfeit it. Too bad.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated. Since this is an open game, that would be the 4 mafia guys. Good luck. The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM.

Tracker PMWelcome to Open 300: Ninja Mafia,
PlayerName
. You are a
Tracker
. As a direct descendant of Prince Humperdink of
The Humperdinks
, you have the ability to crouch down in weeds or forests or whatever and somehow magically figure out where someone went. You also have really greasy hair and a small penis.

Your cool special powers allow you to choose a target at night, and follow them wherever they go. If they go somewhere you’ll be told who they visited, though not what they did. If you fail to submit a target before the deadline then you forfeit it. Too bad.

Cop PMWelcome to Open 300: Ninja Mafia,
PlayerName
. You are a
Cop
. The PoPo. The big 5-O. The feds. The...pigs?

You win when you beat the crap out of them damn drunkards! Oh...no...that's not right...

Anywho...as a cop you get to be super invasive! Each night you may target a player, and I’ll tell you if they’re either town-aligned or mafia-aligned. If I tell you anything else I was probably drunk and you should request the information again. If you fail to submit a target before the deadline then you forfeit it. Too bad.

Doctor PMWelcome to Open 300: Ninja Mafia,
PlayerName
. You are a
Doctor
. As the only one who's bothered studying said topic of doctorology, you’re the only one who stands a chance of saving patients who have been shot in the head at point-blank range without the use of any sorts of tools whatsoever. Hopefully you can.

Each night you may choose a player to protect, and if someone attempts to kill that player they get to live instead. If you fail to submit a target before the deadline then you forfeit it. And then someone will die. Nice going.

MAFIA

Mafia Goon PMWelcome to Open 300: Ninja Mafia,
PlayerName
. You are a
Mafia Goon
. You're the bad guy and people hate you.

You have no cool powers or anything, beyond your factional kill of course. Speaking of which, because of the possibilities of watchers or trackers in this game, you must choose one of your members to make the factional kill. If no kill is submitted by deadline, I will select a killer/target at random. This may or may not be a good thing. No kill may be expressly chosen, of course, but then you’d be a bunch of dirty hippies.

The QuickTopic here is where you can hatch nefarious plots--I mean...party with your friends. Please do all your plotting at night since that’s when nefario--I mean, partying is at its best.

You win when the remaining members of your faction equal or outnumber the remaining townies, and nothing can prevent the same. Good luck. The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM.

Mafia Roleblocker PMWelcome to Open 300: Ninja Mafia,
PlayerName
. You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
. You have yet to choose a career path for yourself, and because you're a conniving little tart, you've decided to thwart others' efforts in finally getting out of their parents' stuffy basement and breathing in the fresh air of freedom as they begin their life in a cubicle.

Because you’re super special, you may choose to roleblock one target every night. Roleblocking a target means said target won’t be able to use any of their cool powers that night. Provided they have any. If you don’t submit a target before deadline you forfeit it. Too bad.

You also have your factional kill of course. Speaking of which, because of the possibilities of watchers or trackers in this game, you must choose one of your members to make the factional kill. If no kill is submitted by deadline, I will select a killer/target at random. This may or may not be a good thing. No kill may be expressly chosen, of course, but then you’d be a bunch of dirty hippies.

The QuickTopic here is where you can hatch nefarious plots--I mean...party with your friends. Please do all your plotting at night since that’s when nefario--I mean, partying is at its best

You win when the remaining members of your faction equal or outnumber the remaining townies, and nothing can prevent the same. Good luck. The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM.

Mafia Ninja PMWelcome to Open 300: Ninja Mafia,
PlayerName
. You are a
Mafia Ninja
. You're the role that's making flavor harder for me. Way to go.

Because you’re super special, you may choose to kill a target at night without having to worry about pesky snooping trackers or watchers getting in your way. Doing so constitutes using your factional kill. BTW, if no kill is submitted by deadline, I will select a killer/target at random. This may or may not be a good thing. No kill may be expressly chosen, of course, but then you’d be a bunch of dirty hippies.

The QuickTopic here is where you can hatch nefarious plots--I mean...party with your friends. Please do all your plotting at night since that’s when nefario--I mean, partying is at its best.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:27 am

Post by singersigner »

Role PM's have all been sent. The game will start when I have 15/18 confirmed players.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by singersigner »

Day One Begins!

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Punkin (0):
Cyberbob (0):
AGar (0):
DemonHybrid (0):
Oman (0):
Papa Zito (0):
SocioPath (0):
Sudo_Nym (0):
Zorblag (0):
Thor665 (0):
Plum (0):
Fate (0):
chkflip (0):
Cogito Ergo Sum (0):
Llamafluff (0):
Nikanor (0):
Crazy (0):
Nobody Special (0):

Not voting (18): Punkin, Cyberbob, AGar, DemonHybrid, Oman, Papa Zito, SocioPath, Sudo_Nym, Zorblag, Thor665, Plum, Fate, chkflip, Cogito Ergo Sum, Llamafluff, Nikanor, Crazy, Nobody Special

Deadline is April 21st, 2011 at 7pm PST.

I like tomatoes.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Crazy »

I'm pretty sure optimal strategy for this setup is for the mafia to claim immediately. What do you guys think?

VOTE: Plum. One time I played with him he was scum and one time he was a vig. Since there is no vig in this setup, he must be scum.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I don't know how to play, guys. Am I supposed to vote now?

Crazy: What is claiming?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Crazy wrote:I'm pretty sure optimal strategy for this setup is for the mafia to claim immediately. What do you guys think?

VOTE: Plum. One time I played with him he was scum and one time he was a vig. Since there is no vig in this setup, he must be scum.
she*

Vote: Crazy
, the white knight in me must out
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Punkin
Punkin
Goon
Punkin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Punkin »

Hi bob.

Scumstorm alliance?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Jesus...so many good players. Who to vote for?
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Vote: Crazy
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Punkin wrote:Hi bob.

Scumstorm alliance?
wat
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Nikanor »

DH: Vote for yourself. You're the best player of them all.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Punkin
Punkin
Goon
Punkin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Punkin »

Just hi, bob.

The second part was for the other three people who pre-inned in our living room.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Plum »

Crazy wrote:I'm pretty sure optimal strategy for this setup is for the mafia to claim immediately. What do you guys think?

You've played with me twice and didn't remember I'm a girl???

VOTE: Crazy

Ohwait, Cyberbob knows my gender and is white knighting? o_O I dunno how to respond to that.

PREVIEW EDIT: I see I'm in extant company here.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

don't worry plum it's not Actual white knighting but i can refer you to oman or someone if you want

also i would rather not be modkilled so
happy birthfortnight singer

D'aww, thanks, Cyberbob!
~Mod
Last edited by singersigner on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Fate »

I don't like this wagon on Crazy, seems like a major distraction from who we SHOULD be lynching

VOTE: Nobody Special

Hai Plum, remember me? we've played in a few games together.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Fate »

DH is probably scum too.

I wouldn't mind a lynch on Cyberbob either if he uses smalltext one more time.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Plum »

I know Oman. 'S cool.\

PREVIEW EDIT: OH FATE. HOW YOU COULD SUGGEST I MIGHT NOT REMEMBER . . . IT BREAKS MY HEART . . . I WILL GO NOW AND COMPOSE A SONNET FOR YOU.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Fate »

OH OK PLUM WAS JUST MAKIN SURE YOU WERE TOWN THIS GAME.

BECAUSE YOU KNOW LAST TIME AND ALL
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by chkflip »

VOTE: Papa Zito

I WANT A DIFFERENT COLORED NAME, TOO!

Also, I just want to make a quick shout-out to the haters. UMAD? Totes jelly. TROLOLO
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Crazy »

Plum wrote:You've played with me twice and didn't remember I'm a girl???
OMG liar! Proof or you're scum!
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by Plum »

Crazy wrote:
Plum wrote:You've played with me twice and didn't remember I'm a girl???
OMG liar! Proof or you're scum!
I can direct you to the Face-with-a-Name thread or call you a perv. Your choice.

FATE: IT IS DONE. IT IS GLORIOUS. YOU READY/WOULD YOU RECOMMEND ALL-CAPS FOR EFFECT OR THE GRAVE SIMPLICITY OF REGULAR CAPITALIZATION.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Fate »

Unvote:
Vote: Chkflip

I'd prefer regular capitalization, you're a delicate flower and shoudn't strain your face with rage <3

Chkflip+DH+Nobody Special

Any order is fine.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Plum »

Within the heart another beat doth call
And sing in equal measures hope and doom
The music and her maestro stand now tall;
It be your will this whole world to consume.
As shadows lurk behind the whitest stars
We fear but do not see your sleight-of-hand
As edge of scythe your shadow leaves no scars –
More dread than stalking death is thy command.
O Fate, thou fiend of fire in the night
Who like a trickster god doth always laugh
In silence, now stand forth as a white knight
Reveal your majesty on our behalf:
Come darkest matter, singularity
And set absurdity of beauty free.

Return to “Completed Open Games”