Newbie 1041 - So Cold Newbies (OVER!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 1041 - So Cold Newbies (OVER!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

So, it's super cold in your non-descript little town. Some new people moved in, and about a week later, you started to find bodies shot, then coming up frozen in the lake. Problem is, all of y'all in the town suffer short term memory problems, so you can't remember who is new in town. Only way to find out who is doing this is to hang them. Get to it.

Alive

Escho
tylerjarvis
aaah400
Ibarra
moose200x

Dead

DemonHybrid, Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 1
CrazyQuestions
Vanilla Tonwie
, killed Night 1
Kadersalad
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 2
Nachomamma8
Cop
, killed Night 2

Modkilled

No One, lets keep it that way

Last edited by jmj3000 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:53 am, edited 8 times in total.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

jmj3000's Rules (Stolen from Haylen, who Cross referenced with Incognito and Vi's rules to makes sure she got everything.)

During the Day...

The game is a Day Start.
You must bold your votes as such
Vote: Battle Mage
, please put the unvote where I can see it though, at the bottom of the post preferably. Unvoting makes me happy, but isn't completely necessary.
Each Day will have a deadline of 3 weeks, not reaching a majority of votes during that time will result in a no lynch. I may extend the deadline in special circumstances. I may also reduce the deadline by one day each time if activity does not pick up. Don't lurk. Lurking makes me sad :cry:
Mafia may not speak to each other during the day, lest you be smited.
You may not quote your role PM's or any other communication outside thread, with the mod. Lest you be smited.
I don't like cheaters.
(6a)
Anybody who is found to be using invisible text, spoiler tags, encryption or anything as such will be smited unless they have an extremely good reason. Not knowing is not a good reason.
(6b)
If you have the power to edit yours or anyone elses posts. Dont. Lest you be smited.
7a.
If you do not post within 72 hrs, you will receive a prod. Failure to response to the prod within 72 hrs will result in an automatic replacement. Three prods with result in an automatic replacement aswell.
b.
All mod communication should be opened as they are likely to contain important information about the game. This is to prevent mistakes with prods ect.
c.
If the third real life day after a prod is sent occurs during the night, then players are required to reply to their prod via PM. This is so that if a replacement is needed one can be found ASAP.
If you don't post for a whole game day, you'll be forcibly replaced.

During Twilight

Votes and unvotes will not be counted after a lynch.
The person lynched may still talk during Twilight.
4. Mafia still can't talk during this time.

During the Night Phase

The Night Phase will last 72 hrs. I like this number. Any actions that have not been received by then will be forgone. (Night may end early if all actions are received)
If your role permits it, you may talk to the players I have given you permission to talk to during the night.
Mafia, whoever sends in the kill, don't try and kill your partners, I will not be messed with.
Don't try and impersonate the mafia by sending me fake action PM's, I will not appreciate it, and you will be smited.

General Rules

I will not accept insulting behaviour in my games, anybody doing so will receive a nice, well worded warning from me in thread. Further breaking of the rule will receive a harsher punishment.
Green is my colour. Dont use any kind of blue in your posts, I will count it as impersonating the mod and you will be smited. Sometimes I like to edit your posts, if I do I'll use my colour.
Never talk to anybody outside the game except if your role permits it, and I have told you you can talk now.
Don't piss off the mod. You will be smited.
If you think you have found a loophole with my rules, you haven't. I will recognise a loophole breakage and punish you accordingly.
Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills', means I kill you immediately (for breaking the rules) and change your role to Neutral Survivor, meaning you auto-lose. Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills' automatically end the day. Period.
Play to win, just like everyone else. Don't get disheartened if you're lynched or attacked, basically don't take anything personally. If you feel somebodies behaviour has been inappropriate PM me about it and I will deal with it in some form or another.
Thy mod is thy god...however, I may make a mistake, if I do; PM me about it and I'll deal with it in some form or another.
If you need help PM me...or AIM me, I'm always online (except when I'm sleeping, or in a lecture.)
The mod is afraid of ghosts, don't post when you're dead, you will scare him. Leave it to end game discussion...
Treat this game as a commitment, and be courteous to your fellow players. It will make everybody, including your mod happy. Smile
It is my prerogative to change the rules if I deem it necessary, you shall receive a notification in thread and a PM aswell to notify you of these changes.
I like receiving PM's, if anybody fancies PMing me for a chat or rant go for it. I can't talk about game specifics though, obv obv.

IC'sIC's are Inexperienced Challenged players, they are here to help you learn to play the game correctly. If you have any game or theory related questions, they will be happy to help you. If, however, you need help understanding your role or something role specific, you should PM me.

They must follow the roles set out in the Being a Good IC wiki page.

You may also find useful information on theory ect on the MafiaScum Wiki.

Mafia is a game of honor. Cheating is breaking the honor code you committed to when you joined this site.

And lastly...have fun! :D
SONY MAFIA

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

The game will use
one
of these 4 setups, I can't tell you which it is though :p but I did randomize it using random.org. Please note, it is rare that you will come across one of these setups in a non Road to Rome game, so please prepare yourself for changes in rules, roles and setups when you sign up to other games.

Possible Setups

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop
1 Doc
5 Townies

OR

2 Mafia Goons
1 Cop
6 Townies

OR

2 Mafia Goons
1 Doc
6 Townies

OR

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
7 Townies

Possible Role PMs

Mafia Aligned

Mafia GoonYou are a
Mafia Goon
, one of the 'baddies' of the city. You are one of the people who have been committing murder in the village. Along with your partner [playername] who is a Mafia Goon/Mafia Roleblocker, you must hide amongst the townies by day and kill them off at night.

During the night, you can talk with your partner in [this] quicktopic, you can then send me a message as to who you wish to night kill as a team.

You win when the mafia are the majority of players in the game or nothing can prevent the same.

To confirm, please state your role back to me via PM.

Game thread is [here]

Mafia Role BlockerYou are a
Mafia Roleblocker
, one of the 'baddies' of the city. You are one of the people who have been committing murder in the village. Along with your partner [playername] who is a Mafia Goon, you must hide amongst the townies by day and kill them off at night.

During the night, you can talk with your partner in [this] quicktopic, you can then send me a message as to who you wish to night kill as a team. You also have the ability to roleblock one player per night - this means if they have any night actions, they will not be inaffective.

Note: If the goon dies, the Role Blocker can send in both the role block and the mafia kill. But the goon cannot send in a role block if the role blocker dies.

Game thread is [here]

Town Aligned

CopYou are a
Cop
, on the side of the town. During the day, you may vote to decide who you think is mafia. When it is night, you may send me the name of one player you wish to investigate via Private Message. You will get one of the following results:

Innocent - This means they are town.
Guilty - This means they are mafia.
Inspection Unsuccessful - Meaning you have been roleblocked.

You win with the town, when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Note: The only type of cop used in these setups are Sane Night Cops, they're the most common types of cop

Game thread is [here]

DocYou are a
Doc
, on the side of the town. During the day, you may vote to decide who you think is mafia. When it is night, you may send me the name of a player you wish to protect at night. This means that that player will be protected from mafia night kills, unless you have been roleblocked. You may not protect yourself.

Note: Only Sane Doc's are used in these setups.

Game thread is [here]

Vanilla TownieYou are a
Vanilla Townie
, the only thing you have in the game is your vote and mind.

Game thread is [here]
Last edited by jmj3000 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SONY MAFIA

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Roles are being randomized and Role PMs are being sent out. Once 7 of 9 people have confirmed, I will unlock the thread, set the deadline, and Day 1 will start.
SONY MAFIA

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:01 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

With 7 players confirmed, day 1 starts. It will end on December 30th, 2010 at 5:00 AM EST. Here is your countdown. Good Luck.
SONY MAFIA

Ibarra
Ibarra
Goon
Ibarra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:15 pm

Post by Ibarra »

Hey guys, I'm Ibarra and apparently, I'm an SE, even though I only completed one game here...

First a few questions for everyone:
1) Which do you like playing as more? Town or Mafia?
2) Do you believe in Lynch all Liers?
3) Lynch all Lurkers?

My answers:
1) Honestly, I prefer playing as mafia more since it's more exciting in my opinion. Town is ok I guess.
2) Yes. There are almost no situations when lying is beneficial to town. I haven't read a newbie game wherein someone lying won the game for the town.
3) No. I believe that lurking is a null tell.

Also
Vote:moose
for lying as town in another game.
Red text is for facts.

Blue text is for accusations.
Nul
Nul
Goon
Nul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:57 am

Post by Nul »

Hi everyone.
Nul here, just returned to mafia after 6 or so months without playing.

1) I like both, but I feel more confident playing town. I have yet to play a game where I'm mafia lol and playing as mafia is so lonely if you end up being the last one alive.
2) Yep, unless they have good reason to lie obviously.
3) Nope, I used to lurk in games with huge player pools so that I won't be killed off first lol cause usually mafia will kill the ones that stand out first, for example if you sound smart.
Show
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:29 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Hello! Welcome to Mafia!

I'm DemonHybrid, and I'm the IC of this game. ICs are players who sort of know the ropes and volunteer to play in Newbie games to help the newer folk out with how to play, strategies, roles, etc.

If you want to know more about what ICs are do and what they're expected to do, read this (http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... _a_good_IC) Wikipedia page. While you're at it, feel free to look through the Wiki; some amazing information can be found there, such as the role list (http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Roles), Commonly used abbreviations (http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... reviations), term glossary (http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Glossary), Newbie guide (http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... wbie_Guide) and others.

I will be the go-to guy for mafia theory. If I'm not available to answer something, the SEs (who I believe are moose and Ibarra, though I may be mistaken on Ibarra) are here to help you out with whatever you need. However, for clarity on information that you cannot disclose to me (such as your role, the use of QuickTopics, whether something is okay to do in regards to a scum play), please PM the moderator, as he is the only one with full knowledge of the roles and would not mind to clear things up in the realm of fairness.

A few things I want you guys to do first:

1. Read the rules on the first page of this thread. For the most part, the rules that every moderator uses is roughly the same, but I can guarantee you that there are a few subtle differences that may be -very- important, so make sure you do a read-through.
2. Do not lie if you are town and do not fakeclaim. It does a lot more bad than good. However, if you are scum (mafia or bad third party roles), the goal is to lie and help your faction deceive the town, so go crazy if you are scum.
3. Do not claim until you have the absolute need to. 99% of the time, this means when you are L-1 (or Lynch-1, 1 being the number of votes needed to lynch you. L-3 means you have 3 votes until the person is lynched, for example, etc)
4. Do not vote No-Lynch unless the odds of you winning increase with your No-Lynch. This is most commonly used when the game is in MyLo (Mislynch and Lose, commonly happens when a mislynch on a townie during the day and a killed townie at night leaves the game tied with the number of mafia = to the number of town, and that means a town loss) as opposed to LyLo (You must lynch scum or you will lose. No-Lynches will just throw the game away).
5. Self-voting is bad....for the most part. A few points about self-voting:
-NEVER Self-vote as town, no matter how frustrated you are. There is absolutely no benefit to this kind of play.
-You MAY or MAY NOT Self-hammer (Hammer meaning the vote deciding a lynch...think of a courtroom gavel) as scum in order to confuse the town and deny them information...but never self-hammer if you are the last mafia left, and use the self-hammer SPARINGLY. If there's a good chance that you may survive, do NOT self-hammer; instead, try to talk your way out of your lynch.
6. Be as active as you can. Post at least once a day at the very least as a requirement, but aim for higher. I usually like to check MafiaScum once every 2 or 3 hours and reply to the games that I'm in to keep myself up-to-date and informed.

So, as we are in RVS (or Random Voting Stage) right now, I will
Vote: Kadersalad
for making me hungry.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:17 am

Post by moose200x »

Ibarra wrote:Hey guys, I'm Ibarra and apparently, I'm an SE, even though I only completed one game here...

First a few questions for everyone:
3) Lynch all Lurkers?

My answers:
1) Honestly, I prefer playing as mafia more since it's more exciting in my opinion. Town is ok I guess.
2) Yes. There are almost no situations when lying is beneficial to town. I haven't read a newbie game wherein someone lying won the game for the town.
3) No. I believe that lurking is a null tell.

Also
Vote:moose
for lying as town in another game.
Just so I know where we stand- Is this a random vote or are you serious? And have we played before?

Active lurking is a scum tell IMO. Lynch all Liars is scum. And I havent been mafia yet.
Ibarra
Ibarra
Goon
Ibarra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Ibarra »

@moose
Newbie 1000. I was replaced by Memnon. I followed the thread after I got my internet back.
No, it's not a serious vote. A serious vote solely based on meta is bad.

@DemonHybrid
Apparently 2 replaced games counts as 1 game. So I'm really SE.
Red text is for facts.

Blue text is for accusations.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:41 am

Post by moose200x »

Ibarra wrote:@moose
Newbie 1000. I was replaced by Memnon. I followed the thread after I got my internet back.
No, it's not a serious vote. A serious vote solely based on meta is bad.

@DemonHybrid
Apparently 2 replaced games counts as 1 game. So I'm really SE.
Oh man 1000.... I feel so bad. I wanted to make something happen so bad. I failed town.
Kadersalad
Kadersalad
Goon
Kadersalad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Kadersalad »

Hey Fellas, I'm a "Forum" Mafia Newbie

First Thing, I prefer Town because that requires more logic than Slyness. Mafia Goons require slyness and cunning to become undetectable to the Town.

Second Thing, Meh, Lying "Can" Be Beneficial for the town, but rarely. The only time have I seen it useful was to confuse the mafia by having three people role-claim as cops, but frequently backfires and pits the town against itself. Mafias have more need to Lye anyways.

Third Thing, Now Lurking, I wouldn't be hasty with lynching a lurker, they could be Anybody. A scared Newbie, somebody who isn't quite ready to talk because he needs to observe more player behavior, A town-sided person with a role who tries to not attract attention so he can continue in using his role to help the town, or straight up Scum. If person has given no information on anything.......At all.......then they are probably a good start for looking for a lynchin.

Finally I agree that random voting in the first day is A SIN. Usually somebody can turn out suspicious with enough talking and logical deduction.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:40 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Ibarra wrote: First a few questions for everyone:
3) Lynch all Lurkers?
1. I prefer playing town.
2. I believe in Lynch all Liars unless it's a person who's known for lying about claims for a good reason.
3. When there's no one else on my scumlist, yes.

You want this one.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:17 am

Post by tylerjarvis »

Hi All!

I'm new to this whole mafia thing, usually only playing live games with my youth group, but I'm pretty excited about these long term games.

To answer the questions,

1. I like both. I like the sneaking around of Mafia, and I like the logic and uncertainty of Town. Although the nights can get pretty lonely for just a vanilla townsperson. So if I'm on the town's side, I prefer to be the Doc or the Cop. Either way, I enjoy the game.

2. I guess I don't see much of a reason for the town to lie. So if they're lying, it's a pretty safe bet that they're Mafia. It's not enough evidence for me to say that everyone who lies should automatically be lynched, but it certainly would put someone at the top of my radar.

3. I'd prefer to lynch a lurker than shooting blindly. But I'd prefer to wait it out a bit over a blind vote or shooting a lurker. There may be good reasons to "lurk." If someone doesn't have anything in particular to add to the conversation, but is gaining information about the different players, then by all means lurk away. Just don't be surprised if you come across as slightly suspicious.

Considering the day doesn't end until December 30, I'm going to hold off on making a vote at this point. We've got three weeks for someone to tip their hand.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:18 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

tylerjarvis wrote: Considering the day doesn't end until December 30, I'm going to hold off on making a vote at this point. We've got three weeks for someone to tip their hand.
Most people like to vote early and often in the game to get discussion going. A public declaration of not voting during RVS will usually throw some negative publicity your way for stalling RVS and wanting misinformation to continue.

Just remember: The point of RVS is to leave it as soon as possible. Do not take any votes to heart during this stage, do not overreact, or people will lynch you double-time.

You want this one.
aaah400
aaah400
Goon
aaah400
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by aaah400 »

Vote:Ibarra
for making first accuse but also accusing Moose from previous game

@Ibarra
1. I like playing both Mafia and Town
2. Liars should be lynched unless they have a general statement
3. Depends on how long
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.
The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by tylerjarvis »

DemonHybrid wrote: Most people like to vote early and often in the game to get discussion going. A public declaration of not voting during RVS will usually throw some negative publicity your way for stalling RVS and wanting misinformation to continue.

Just remember: The point of RVS is to leave it as soon as possible. Do not take any votes to heart during this stage, do not overreact, or people will lynch you double-time.
Fair enough. Am I allowed to change my vote before the day is over, or once I vote is it final?
Kadersalad
Kadersalad
Goon
Kadersalad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Kadersalad »

I believe you may "UnVote: Insert playername here"
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Kadersalad wrote:I believe you may "UnVote: Insert playername here"
Correct. Please bold your unvotes as well, or else the moderator will miss them.

You are allowed to vote and unvote as many times as possible.

You want this one.
tylerjarvis
tylerjarvis
Goon
tylerjarvis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by tylerjarvis »

Awesome. In that case, I'll go ahead a
Vote: Kadersalad
for disliking random votes.

Subject to change, of course.
Escho
Escho
Goon
Escho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Escho »

Hi everyone! Hope we have a fun game.

My answers:
1. I think both have qualities which make them equally likable, town trying to find out the mafia and the mafia attempting to hide their identity make both roles fun for me.
2. I don't think lynching all liars should be the case as it can be part of a strategy in order to find the mafia, hence the game gets more interesting.
3. Lynch the lurkers when there are no suspicious targets.

I'll
Vote: yuri-chi
just because he hasn't posted anything yet :P
Show
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Mahatma Gandhi

Sex is like air. You don't realize it's importance unless you're not getting some.

Anonymous
Escho
Escho
Goon
Escho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Escho »

Escho wrote:Hi everyone! Hope we have a fun game.

My answers:
1. I think both have qualities which make them equally likable, town trying to find out the mafia and the mafia attempting to hide their identity make both roles fun for me.
2. I don't think lynching all liars should be the case as it can be part of a strategy in order to find the mafia, hence the game gets more interesting.
3. Lynch the lurkers when there are no suspicious targets.

I'll
Vote: yuri-chi
just because he hasn't posted anything yet :P
Oops seems like I have made a typo,
UnVote: yuri-chi
since that player doesn't even exist and
Vote: yura-chi
of course for the same reasons.
Show
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Mahatma Gandhi

Sex is like air. You don't realize it's importance unless you're not getting some.

Anonymous
Nul
Nul
Goon
Nul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by Nul »

Kadersalad wrote:Finally I agree that random voting in the first day is A SIN. Usually somebody can turn out suspicious with enough talking and logical deduction.
The point of random voting is to provoke discussion and trick inexperience scums into making a slip.

What you said about somebody being able to turn out suspicious with enough talking and logical deduction usually starts from RVS (Random Voting Stage).

So you've just contradicted yourself or completely missed the aim of RVS.

I'm guessing the latter.
Show
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

I would also like to point out that, although Ibarra's vote seems like it's NOT RVS, it is in the fact that it has nothing to do with this game, and each game is considered completely separate, with the exception of meta arguments (which can be arguably flawed).

I am currently looking at aaah400 for taking that vote seriously.

@aaah400: Is making the first accusation bad to you, and why?

Preview edit:
Finally I agree that random voting in the first day is A SIN. Usually somebody can turn out suspicious with enough talking and logical deduction.
Games cannot start without random voting in the vast majority of mafia games.

RVS ends at different times for everyone.
Though you may be voting seriously, the other players have to vote seriously for RVS to fully end. There is no avoiding that 99% of the time.
The point of random voting is to provoke discussion and trick inexperience scums into making a slip.
Nul is correct. Mafia is usually
not
caught on Day 1, but the majority of mafia lynches on Day 1 come from slips in RVS.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

As a followup, I encourage everyone to create a bandwagon early Day 1, but to NOT put the player being wagoned to L-1.

This does a couple of things:

1. Said player may crack and show signs of scumslips.
2. A player backing out from a wagon may have scum motivation for doing so...
3. ...on the flipside, a player encouraging a wagon too hastily may have scum motivation in doing so.
4. RVS ends almost immediately in any regard.

Not putting the player at L-1 does a few things:

1. Allows the player freedom to talk without being pressured to claim
2. Quickhammers won't happen, therefore making the lynch an effective roulette spin
3. Misinformation can come from those jumping off the wagon at L-1.

The best way to effectively tell if someone is or is not mafia is to look at their motivation for their actions.
For example, the regular vanilla townie will do their best to try not to get in the middle while giving their opinions as well. A mafioso will try their hardest to not draw attention to themselves in order to blend in with this crowd. So....say a person makes a string of aggressive accusations against a player. They use harsh language and they try to bully the player around. The other player doesn't post as often.

1. What scum motivation does the bully have to say what he's saying?
2. What town motivation does the bully have to say what he's saying?
3. What is his projected end product of such an action?
4. On a
very subjective
note: Does his meta match up with his actions?

Be careful when using #4, as one person's actions in one game doesn't necessarily mean they will repeat those same actions as the same alignment on a different game.

You want this one.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”