Newbie 1039: More trouble in Joestown (OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 1039: More trouble in Joestown (OVER)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

It is the middle of winter, but all of you are walking on the beach, talking about the weather. Suddenly, one of you see something floating off shore. You all wait until the tide comes in and brings what you saw. Turns out, it is something wrapped in a trash bag. As y'all unwrap it, a sense of dread settles over all of you. Its a body. You pull the bag off the face, and someone screams. Its jmj3000 Jr., the mayor of your small village. He has a small hole in his forehead. You shudder as you look at one another. Same small town, same problem: the people who did this are in the group of you who are walking on the beach. Time to start drowning people yet again.

Alive
:
Cecily

Gugabe

bv310 (SE)

LlamaFluff (IC)

(Bold means confirmed)
Dead
:
boberz (SE)
Mafia Roleblocker
, Lynched Day 1
Umbrage
Trylledej
Cop
, Killed Night 1
4computer
lolz
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day 2
Yasu
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day 3
sims5487
Vanilla Townie
, Killed Night 3

Modkilled
:
No one, better stay that way.

Current Status: Over
Last edited by jmj3000 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

jmj3000's Rules (Stolen from Haylen, who Cross referenced with Incognito and Vi's rules to makes sure she got everything.)

During the Day...

The game is a Day Start.
You must bold your votes as such
Vote: Battle Mage
, please put the unvote where I can see it though, at the bottom of the post preferably. Unvoting makes me happy, but isn't completely necessary.
Each Day will have a deadline of 3 weeks, not reaching a majority of votes during that time will result in a no lynch. I may extend the deadline in special circumstances. I may also reduce the deadline by one day each time if activity does not pick up. Don't lurk. Lurking makes me sad :cry:
Mafia may not speak to each other during the day, lest you be smited.
You may not quote your role PM's or any other communication outside thread, with the mod. Lest you be smited.
I don't like cheaters.
(6a)
Anybody who is found to be using invisible text, spoiler tags, encryption or anything as such will be smited unless they have an extremely good reason. Not knowing is not a good reason.
(6b)
If you have the power to edit yours or anyone elses posts. Dont. Lest you be smited.
7a.
If you do not post within 72 hrs, you will receive a prod. Failure to response to the prod within 72 hrs will result in an automatic replacement. Three prods with result in an automatic replacement aswell.
b.
All mod communication should be opened as they are likely to contain important information about the game. This is to prevent mistakes with prods ect.
c.
If the third real life day after a prod is sent occurs during the night, then players are required to reply to their prod via PM. This is so that if a replacement is needed one can be found ASAP.
If you don't post for a whole game day, you'll be forcibly replaced.

During Twilight

Votes and unvotes will not be counted after a lynch.
The person lynched may still talk during Twilight.
4. Mafia still can't talk during this time.

During the Night Phase

The Night Phase will last 72 hrs. I like this number. Any actions that have not been received by then will be forgone. (Night may end early if all actions are received)
If your role permits it, you may talk to the players I have given you permission to talk to during the night.
Mafia, whoever sends in the kill, don't try and kill your partners, I will not be messed with.
Don't try and impersonate the mafia by sending me fake action PM's, I will not appreciate it, and you will be smited.

General Rules

I will not accept insulting behaviour in my games, anybody doing so will receive a nice, well worded warning from me in thread. Further breaking of the rule will receive a harsher punishment.
Green is my colour. Dont use any kind of blue in your posts, I will count it as impersonating the mod and you will be smited. Sometimes I like to edit your posts, if I do I'll use my colour.
Never talk to anybody outside the game except if your role permits it, and I have told you you can talk now.
Don't piss off the mod. You will be smited.
If you think you have found a loophole with my rules, you haven't. I will recognise a loophole breakage and punish you accordingly.
Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills', means I kill you immediately (for breaking the rules) and change your role to Neutral Survivor, meaning you auto-lose. Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills' automatically end the day. Period.
Play to win, just like everyone else. Don't get disheartened if you're lynched or attacked, basically don't take anything personally. If you feel somebodies behaviour has been inappropriate PM me about it and I will deal with it in some form or another.
Thy mod is thy god...however, I may make a mistake, if I do; PM me about it and I'll deal with it in some form or another.
If you need help PM me...or AIM me, I'm always online (except when I'm sleeping, or in a lecture.)
The mod is afraid of ghosts, don't post when you're dead, you will scare him. Leave it to end game discussion...
Treat this game as a commitment, and be courteous to your fellow players. It will make everybody, including your mod happy. Smile
It is my prerogative to change the rules if I deem it necessary, you shall receive a notification in thread and a PM aswell to notify you of these changes.
I like receiving PM's, if anybody fancies PMing me for a chat or rant go for it. I can't talk about game specifics though, obv obv.

IC'sIC's are Inexperienced Challenged players, they are here to help you learn to play the game correctly. If you have any game or theory related questions, they will be happy to help you. If, however, you need help understanding your role or something role specific, you should PM me.

They must follow the roles set out in the Being a Good IC wiki page.

You may also find useful information on theory ect on the MafiaScum Wiki.

Mafia is a game of honor. Cheating is breaking the honor code you committed to when you joined this site.

And lastly...have fun! :D
SONY MAFIA

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

The game will use
one
of these 4 setups, I can't tell you which it is though :p but I did randomize it using random.org. Please note, it is rare that you will come across one of these setups in a non Road to Rome game, so please prepare yourself for changes in rules, roles and setups when you sign up to other games.

Possible Setups

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop
1 Doc
5 Townies

OR

2 Mafia Goons
1 Cop
6 Townies

OR

2 Mafia Goons
1 Doc
6 Townies

OR

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
7 Townies

Possible Role PMs

Mafia Aligned

Mafia GoonYou are a
Mafia Goon
, one of the 'baddies' of the city. You are one of the people who have been committing murder in the village. Along with your partner [playername] who is a Mafia Goon/Mafia Roleblocker, you must hide amongst the townies by day and kill them off at night.

During the night, you can talk with your partner in [this] quicktopic, you can then send me a message as to who you wish to night kill as a team.

You win when the mafia are the majority of players in the game or nothing can prevent the same.

To confirm, please state your role back to me via PM.

Game thread is [here]

Mafia Role BlockerYou are a
Mafia Roleblocker
, one of the 'baddies' of the city. You are one of the people who have been committing murder in the village. Along with your partner [playername] who is a Mafia Goon, you must hide amongst the townies by day and kill them off at night.

During the night, you can talk with your partner in [this] quicktopic, you can then send me a message as to who you wish to night kill as a team. You also have the ability to roleblock one player per night - this means if they have any night actions, they will not be inaffective.

Note: If the goon dies, the Role Blocker can send in both the role block and the mafia kill. But the goon cannot send in a role block if the role blocker dies.

Game thread is [here]

Town Aligned

CopYou are a
Cop
, on the side of the town. During the day, you may vote to decide who you think is mafia. When it is night, you may send me the name of one player you wish to investigate via Private Message. You will get one of the following results:

Innocent - This means they are town.
Guilty - This means they are mafia.
Inspection Unsuccessful - Meaning you have been roleblocked.

You win with the town, when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Note: The only type of cop used in these setups are Sane Night Cops, they're the most common types of cop

Game thread is [here]

DocYou are a
Doc
, on the side of the town. During the day, you may vote to decide who you think is mafia. When it is night, you may send me the name of a player you wish to protect at night. This means that that player will be protected from mafia night kills, unless you have been roleblocked.

Note: Only Sane Doc's are used in these setups.

Game thread is [here]

Vanilla TownieYou are a
Vanilla Townie
, the only thing you have in the game is your vote and mind.

Game thread is [here]
SONY MAFIA

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Role PMs are going out right about now. Once 7 of you confirm, I will set th deadline and unlock the thread.
SONY MAFIA

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

With 7 of you confirmed, game starts. Deadline is Thursday, December 23 at 1:30 AM EST. Countdown is here for you.
SONY MAFIA

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by bv310 »

Hello there! I'm bv310, and I'm one of two SE players in this game. All that means is that Boberz and I have been around this site for a while and we know the ropes. We don't actually have to teach you guys anything, unlike our kind IC, Llama.

Anyway, let's start this game off all useful like.

Some useful links:
FAQ: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ
Commonly Used Abbreviations: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... reviations

Also, a useful question that I'd like you all to answer: What experience do you have playing mafia? Did you come here from another forum, or do you normally play face-to-face?

Also also, if any of you don't have avatars, we'd all appreciate you getting one.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Hello all

I am your IC for this game, all that means is that I am here as a teacher as well as a player. I have been playing on this site for over two years, and mafia for over three years at this point so I know the way the game and the site works. If you have any questions on either at any point, do not hesitate to ask me, and I will do the best I can to help you. Always remember though to have fun in the game, its why we are all here.

I will second the request of bv for everyone to get avatars, and if they can say about how long they have been playing mafia so I know what to expect and teach a bit better.

Lets start this game though

Vote: Boberz

If anyone does not know how to format votes, it looks like

Code: Select all

Vote: [b]Playername[/b]
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
lolz
lolz
Townie
lolz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Post by lolz »

Hey guys! This is my first game on Mafiascum but I've played four games on another forum. :P

Vote: Cecily

Cuz he/she is above me on the players list.
"That which does not kill me, only postpones the inevitable." ~Anon
Gugabe
Gugabe
Townie
Gugabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Post by Gugabe »

Hey

I've done this once before on another forum, but this is my first one around here.

Vote: Yasu

For unboldedness is the sign of an imbalanced mind.
Trylledej
Trylledej
Townie
Trylledej
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:00 pm

Post by Trylledej »

Hey all

finished 1 game in here, went badly :shifty: and i have 2 danish games going atm, so thats my experience
being from Denmark also gives me some time issues but the days are long enough for that :) btw, just spent 10 mins. configuring and getting an avatar to match the requirements for this site :eek:

Vote: bv310
for knowing the ropes already....
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:22 am

Post by boberz »

Lots of mafia experience.

But a serious vote here for Llama during the sentence about avatars in his post he suggest you should get avatars so that he can teach you better. Ludicrous. He wants you to do it (and so do I) because he wants to read your posts easier, follow the game better etc etc.

Why does he want to hide things, why does he misrepresent the truth. He is mafia scum!

vote llama
lolz
lolz
Townie
lolz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:55 am

Post by lolz »

Unvote: Cecily
Vote: Boberz

M'kay?
"That which does not kill me, only postpones the inevitable." ~Anon
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:57 am

Post by boberz »

lolz, presumably you are voting me for being the only player to have actually done anything, meaning my only presumption is to assume you are llama's partner???
Gugabe
Gugabe
Townie
Gugabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:35 am

Post by Gugabe »

Unvote: Yasu
Vote: bv310

His avatar grates on my sanity for some odd reason.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:02 am

Post by sims5487 »

Hey all. Sims here. First game on Mafia Scum but I've played many, many face-to-face games. I also killed a man once. That may or may not have been mafia related.

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and
Vote: Gugabe

because, you wanna talk about creepy avatars?
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:03 am

Post by sims5487 »

Edit: Realizing I didn't bold my vote.
Vote: Gugabe
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:16 am

Post by Cecily »

Hey all, this is my first online game of mafia ever, but I'm pretty well known around the summer camp circuit. And I realize that saying this is going to get me laughed out of the forum but I'm not so how to bold font...
I'll try it anyways.
And specifically going off of creepy avatars
<b>Vote: Gugabe</b>
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:16 am

Post by Cecily »

Yup, that was definitely not how to bold font. Someone willing to help me out?
Gugabe
Gugabe
Townie
Gugabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:30 am

Post by Gugabe »

I'd be able to stick more than the eyes in if it weren't for the meh restrictions on Avatar-size.

Vote: Sims5487
for being very undude.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:47 am

Post by sims5487 »

Cecily, if you click the Reply button instead of doing Quick Reply you have all sorts of gizmos to help you format posts. Otherwise it's
, not <b>.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:49 am

Post by boberz »

Sims is correct, and never feel embarrassed about asking about that sort of thing cecily.

Anyone fancy actually trying to play yet or do you all want to waste our time farting around for a bit.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:43 am

Post by sims5487 »

boberz wrote:Anyone fancy actually trying to play yet or do you all want to waste our time farting around for a bit.
Boy, someone sure is in a hurry...
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:35 am

Post by boberz »

Apparently nobody else is, we are meant to try and win this game you know.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:52 am

Post by sims5487 »

Yes, but who's "we"? You strike me as anxious to get to the night phase so you can start wiping people out...
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:57 am

Post by boberz »

Really?

By we I meant every player anyway, town and scum.

Meanwhile, Cecily needs to read this thread harder as well. MM

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”