Newbie 884: (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Newbie 884: (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:07 am

Post by bird1111 »

Alive, bold unconfirmed, italics SE, underlined IC, mech close to replacement, purple=V/LA:
Thor665
, replacing Brocktree, replacing woozee bandit
Fugitive, replacing J.R
Robocopter87
Flareonage
kyle99, replacing The Quintastic One, replacing FishEater
Limerickx
RayFrost

Gayle

DeathRowKitty

Dead:
None yet

Last edited by bird1111 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 38 times in total.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:17 am

Post by bird1111 »

Rules:
0. This is a game. Have fun. Don’t let things get personal.
1. Play to win.
2. The game will start with a Day Start once all confirms are in.
3. During Day, you may vote for one player at a time. Votes (both the word Vote and the person being voted, with all/part of the username (shortening the username is acceptable so long as I can recognize who you are voting)) must be bold or they will not be counted. Unvoting is optional.
4. Whenever a player has more than half of the people alive voting for him/her, that player will be lynched, and his or her role will be revealed, and Night will begin, during which the thread will be locked, and because of this, will not count towards prods that are kept track of on the front page (I will send PMs to everyone when Night ends, but these will not count towards the front page)
5. The Newbie Queue rules now require a non-retractable 3 week deadline per day, thus this game will have one. At deadline, a majority of people who have posted in thread within the last 48 hours and are not currently being replaced will be enough for a lynch. I will add a section to all votecounts, separate from the main one of the votes of people who have posted within the last 48 hours. For example, let's say there are five people alive, Bob, Alice, Carol, David, and Erica. Let's say that only Bob, Alice, David, and Erica have posted within the last 48 hours at deadline but I am currently searching for a replacement for David. This would mean that two of Bob, Alice, and Erica would have to be voting the same person at deadline for a lynch to go through.
6. Do not talk outside the thread unless your role allows it.
7. If you’re dead, you get one ‘bah’ post with no game-related content.
8. If I make a mistake about public information, say it in thread, if I make a mistake about private information (such as your role), PM me about it. This goes for questions and comments also.
9. Confirm in thread.
10. I will try my best to get a vote count near or at the top of every page or at least every few days.
11. If you do not post for 72 hours or if a player requests I do so, I will prod you by PM, and then if you still do not post within 48 hours, you will be replaced if you failed to pick it up or prodded again if you did pick it up, and if you do not post within 48 hours of the second prod, you will be replaced. Absences that are posted in thread, PM'ed to me, noted in your sig and/or posted in VLA are exceptions to this rule (though, posting in thread and PM'ing me are preferred, as those are what I am most likely to see), though if I feel it is necessary, I might temporarily replace you. V/LA status I am aware of will be put in the front post.
12. If I have to search for replacements for half or more of the people alive, the game will be called.
13. Red is the official mod color, no one but me may post in it, and if someone other than me edits it, the red will be edited out and they will be warned.
14. The setup and roles were 100% randomized.
15. If I have to prod someone a fifth time in the course of the game, they will be replaced instead unless one or more of the prods was when they were V/LA, which do not count. This is reset for replacements who replaces in.
16. The number of prods will be kept track of in the front post. Number of stars by a person's name equals the number of times they have been prodded. If the next time they would be prodded they will be replaced instead, their name will be in mech.
17. If you are modkilled for any reason that is not a mod mistake, you will be turned into a Neutral Survivor, and therefore lose. The town will be told what your role before being turned into a neutral survivor. Attempting to use modkills to gain an advantage will get you banned from all future games I run.
18. Quoting Role PM's without paraphrasing will be punished by modkill, as is quoting from a Quick Topic. If you want to quote any other PM from the mod ask first, as quoting some other PM's from me could get you modkilled. If you are not sure whether something is paraphrasing or quoting, ask. This applies to fake PM's also.
19. IC's (and myself for non-strategy related questions) are here to help you. See this wiki page for details about how they should be heping you. Feel free to ask any questions, that is part of the purpose of this game, to help the new players learn.
20. Anything that is a part of the Mafia Specific Rules applies, even if it isn't in my rules.
21. Personal attacks (ie insulting a person instead of their arguments) are not allowed, and you will get a warning for doing so, and if done repeatedly will get you replaced. Attacking a person to a small extent for repeatedly bad arguments is fine if used sparingly and if the focus is on why the arguments is bad (ie a phrase dedicated to someone being stupid for repeatedly making bad arguments is fine if using the phrase [Person] X is stupid or something similar is used in a paragraph that's dedicated to why the arguments made by Person X are poor arguments, while using a whole paragraph to say why the person is stupid or repeating the phrase through several posts is not)
22. Any other mean-spirited acts are not allowed, and will get a warning the first time you do so, and you will be replaced the second time. If you want to know whether something would fall under this rule, I highly encourage you to ask.
23. No invisible text, editing or deleting posts. First time it is a warning, repeated offense result in replacement. Using codes without my permission will also result in a warning followed by replacement.
24. Posting Quick Topic links will be punished with a modkill.
25. Claiming to be someone or some people's scumpartner(s), whether true or false will get you modkilled and blacklisted (ie banned from playing in any games I mod)
26. If I have to replace/modkill you in two games for the same offense, you will be forbidden for playing in games I mod.
27. If anything is unclear about the rules, or if you need any clarification, ask.
28. I reserve the right to edit these rules as I see fit. I also reserve the right to warn for using loopholes in the rules, and modkill if it is a second offense. If you are unclear if something is a loophole, ask. If you do spot a loophole, let me know by PM so I can fix it.

Possible Setups:
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop
1 Doc
5 Townies

2 Mafia Goons
1 Cop
6 Townies

2 Mafia Goons
1 Doc
6 Townies

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
7 Townies

Role PM's:
Zero or two people received:
You are a Mafia Goon, your partner is (XXXX), who is also a Mafia Goon. Each night and during the confirmation stage you may discuss the game here, and also send me the name of a player. That player will die. You may discuss during the confirmation stage. You win when the number of mafia is the same as the number of pro-town people. The game can be found here.

Zero or one person received:
You are the Mafia Goon, your partner is (XXXX), who is the Roleblocker. Each night and during the confirmation stage you may discuss the game here with your partner, and also send me the name of a player. That player will die. You may discuss during the confirmation stage. You win when the number of mafia is the same as the number of pro-town people. The game can be found here.

You are the Mafia Roleblocker, your partner is (XXXX), who is a Mafia Goon. Each night and during the confirmation stage you may discuss the game here with your partner , and also send me the name of a player. That player will die. Also, you may send me the name of the same or a different player. That player, if they have a nightchoice, it will fail. You may discuss during the confirmation stage. You win when the number of mafia is the same as the number of pro-town people. The game can be found here.

Five to seven people received:
You are a Townie, you have nothing but your vote so put it to good use. You win when all Mafia are dead. The game can be found here.

You are a Cop, each night you may send me the name of a player. So long as both you and your target survive the night, I will tell you whether that player is innocent or guilty. If your investigation fails, whether it be because you died, your target died, or you were roleblocked, you will be told what caused it to fail. You win when all the Mafia are dead. The game can be found here.

You are a Doc, each night you may send me the name of a player. If the Mafia try to kill that player, they will survive instead. You win when all the Mafia are dead. The game can be found here.
Last edited by bird1111 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:30 am

Post by bird1111 »

All roles are out, please post in thread both so I know that you got the Role PM and know that you know that the game is in this thread.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

/confirm
First Post!!!
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Limerickx »

/Confirm!

Game on!
FishEater
FishEater
Townie
FishEater
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:46 am

Post by FishEater »

/confirmation
[size=92][url=http://www.actsofgord.com]Acts of Gord[/url]. Read it. | [url=http://notpron.org/notpron/]NotPron[/url]. It's a riddle. Really. No joke.[/size]
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:51 am

Post by RayFrost »

/confirmed
don't you feel silly now?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Gayle »

/confirmed
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

/confirm

Hi RayFrost!

Hello all. I'm your IC for this game. You can call me DRK, Kitty, DeathRow, DeathRowKitty, etc - basically anything that identifies me and isn't offensive. Once everyone's confirmed and the mod says we can start day 1, the game will go into the RVS (Random Voting Stage)
unless we have boring SE's who don't like random voting
. Basically, it's a stage. Where we vote. Randomly. Random voting stage. You don't have to make a random vote if you don't want to
, but if you choose not to, you will forever be labelled as a boring player
. If you have any questions about mafia theory, how to do something, etc, just ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability. Please note that I will answer such questions truthfully regardless of my alignment. Also note that this is in contrast to questions asked of me that focus on my motives in the game or anything that might help to glean my role. If I'm scum,
which of course I never am and never will be,
you can expect I'd lie about the answers to those questions.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Flareonage »

/confirm

I'm looking forward to a good game
J.R
J.R
Townie
J.R
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by J.R »

/confirmed
woozee bandit
woozee bandit
Townie
woozee bandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:15 am

Post by woozee bandit »

/confirm
no u
woozee bandit
woozee bandit
Townie
woozee bandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:10 am

Post by woozee bandit »

I guess I'll start the the random voting part,
/confirmation
Vote:FishEater

he seems to fancy for my standards
no u
FishEater
FishEater
Townie
FishEater
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:15 am

Post by FishEater »

Flareonage wrote:/confirm

I'm looking forward to a good game
Vote: Flareonage
for having the longest non-IC post.
[size=92][url=http://www.actsofgord.com]Acts of Gord[/url]. Read it. | [url=http://notpron.org/notpron/]NotPron[/url]. It's a riddle. Really. No joke.[/size]
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

vote:Gayle

because the grinch is a mean one

Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Flareonage »

[quote="DeathRowKitty"] Once everyone's confirmed
and the mod says we can start day 1,
the game will go into the RVS (Random Voting Stage)

I'm pretty sure we have to wait until the mod says we can vote
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:51 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@Flareon
No harm in voting now as far as I know. Usually, there's someone who takes longer to confirm and the mod makes a post that says day 1 started (usually occurs when there's one person left to confirm). As long as everyone's confirmed though, most mods allow the day to start. Basically, I probably should have said "
or
the mod says we can start day 1."

Vote: Robocopter87
because I don't see what Gayle has to do with the grinch.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Gayle »

Flareonage wrote:I'm pretty sure we have to wait until the mod says we can vote
SERIOUS BUSINESS MOD wrote:2. The game will start with a Day Start once all confirms are in.
also,
VOTE: DeathRowKitty
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

i think that the person who doesnt participate in town conversation much is scum because they dont want to reveal anything so im puttin
fos:J.R

Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Gayle »

DeathRowKitty wrote:I don't see what Gayle has to do with the grinch.
You see that fat kid in my avatar? That is me. Robocopter is saying that she and her evil japanese school girl girlfriends will continue to bully me, even on the internet.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Gayle »

Robocopter87 wrote:i think that the person who doesnt participate in town conversation much is scum because they dont want to reveal anything so im puttin
fos:J.R
Is this some kind of FoS extension of the RVS, or are you seriously suspecting a guy for not posting when we are not even sure the day has started yet?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:08 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@Gayle
That's...interesting...I guess?
robocopter87 wrote:i think that the person who doesnt participate in town conversation much is scum because they dont want to reveal anything so im puttin fos:J.R
This is a very odd comment:
  1. JR hasn't posted (in this game or on the site) since his confirmation post. Do you suspect him to be intentionally avoiding posting during the RVS to avoid saying anything incriminating?
  2. RayFrost and Limerick both have only made confirmation posts too. Are they also scummy for this?
  3. Why only an FoS? If you think JR is scummy for not participating, isn't he more deserving of your vote than someone you random voted?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

no its just i hav read some games on this site and noticed tht the mafia is usually very shy and careful.
and the grinch thing was just a joke because its crhistmas time

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

and DRK its not the time to start switching votes right off u need to get somthing out of people by putting on some pressure

Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Gayle »

Robocopter87 wrote:no its just i hav read some games on this site and noticed tht the mafia is usually very shy and careful.
The day has only just begun. You have to at least give him time to post. His confirmation was at 11 at night. He could be in a different time zone.
Robo wrote:and DRK its not the time to start switching votes right off u need to get somthing out of people by putting on some pressure
But your first vote is a joke vote and a vote applies more pressure than a FoS.
Kitty wrote:That's...interesting...I guess?
I'm glad you find my daily beatings by schoolgirls interesting.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”