Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #601 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

here is a odd game mode.

Lyncher/Survivor

Bully
- you win if the "Depressed Kid with Issuses" is lynched and you live to endgame

Town

Depressed Kid with Issues
- If you are lynched everone that voted you dies. Your opinion matters to no one so you can only vote for No lynch.

Drama Queen
- You can only post using emotocons. You can only uses letters when voting. As long as you follow your restriction the Nurse will stop all night kills.

Facaulty
- You are a miller and everyone got a pm saying your are guilty when the game began. The students judge you and don't like you from day 1.

Nerdy Suck up
- you are the only one that was told Facaulty is inocent, but no one will ever believe you. You will be hated by association.

Slacker Kid that Stole the Answers Before the Exam
- Every night you learn a random role but not who it belongs too. Massclaim is your friend. But if you use the right answer more then ten times you will loose. The right answer is always C so you can not use the letter C more then 10 times or you will be modkilled.

Popular Kid
- You are a confirmed inocent and loved by all. As long as you are alive someone can only be lynched by an almost unanimous decision. Everyone but that person must be voting them.

Mafia

Principle
- Everyday you must loudly proclaim over the PA that you want a townie lynched.

Vice Principle
- You have no real power. You are just a yes man. You can only vote who the principle is already voting. Bandwagons are your friend and if the priciple tries to bus you, you might as well give up.

Mod

The Janitor
- You win. You used your enormous key ring to lock everyone into this game. Take a bow just don't trip over them keys.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #651 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I have role that is good but at the same time is bad because it is insanly too powerful. I was playing Mafia on IRC and the moment I read it I had delusions of granduer running through my head.

Assassin Jester (sk): You win if you are lynched. You are immune to kills. You kill other players at night. You also win when you are in the final two and there are no other killers.
Abilities: kill

I don't think I could loose outside of being endgamed.

Edit:
The only way I could have lost was via SUPER KILL which does not count as a regular kill but as a kill that even destroys those nk imune. The mafia endgaming or voting me down would have resulted in me still wining. Having a role that is harmful to the town and can kill keeps the game going even when its just you and the mafia.
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #695 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

xyzzy wrote:
Dark Ermac wrote:You are the
animal
. Every night you fall asleep and are unaffected by night kills. You win with the town.

Mod Note: Every night, the animal automatically kills a random person, stated the next day as being someone "mysterious". The townies all have a small statement at the end of their role PMs saying something about watching out for the animal, as well as a randomly chosen name. This randomly chosen name will be the person that dies "randomly", depending on the order of the players. In this case, whoever is player 1 will recieve a name of someone who will die on Night 1, and the last player on the list will have the name of the animal instead. If the animal's target of the night dies or is protected, he'll skip over them and target the next player. Despite this, he is in fact town, but can achieve an independent victory if he's the sole survivor.
I want this role.
me too
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #762 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Glork wrote:How is that a "worst role idea"? It's just a Janitor variant.

Congratulations! You are
GLaDOS
. You must always say the exact opposite of what you actually think/feel in pathetic repeated attempts at reverse psychology. You must also constantly insult the other players and talk about how you are going to kill them. If anybody asks about your core components, you must blatantly lie about them. Also, you know a great recipe for cake. Unfortunately, THE CAKE IS A LIE. You win when you have succesfully flooded the enrichment center with a deadly neurotoxin.
That role needs to be a nk-imune sk or survivor type. That way, when the game is over, it can be "Still Alive". :P
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #784 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Xylthixlm wrote:You are
a Madlib
. Choose words or phrases that fit the following, and I'll send you a new role based on your selections.
(1) Mr. T
(2) Afternoon
(3) Foo
(4) Pity
(5) Lynchee
(6) save them
(7) musical
(8) die
(9) win
(10) Ateam

Thread readers: Choose words as above, then fill in the madlib below to get your
very own
worst role ever. And then post it so we can see what you got. :D

You are
Mr. T
. Each
afternoon
you can choose a
foo
to
pity
. If your choice is a
lynchee
you will
save them
. However, if it is
musical
, you will
die
instead. You
win
with the
Ateam
I kinda cheated.... :?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #789 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Role: Lovestruck Dedicated One-Shot Mad Monk (town). You can kill another player each night. You are immune to all actions except kills. Your ability can only be used once. You will always target XXXX with your action. You are madly in love with XXXX. So madly in love, in fact, that if that player should die, you will immediately commit suicide. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
Abilities: (auto)kill (unusable)

I actually got this role in irc :(
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #795 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

conection thing is something going on with the entire site at this time. Hence why the blue host thing was first brought up

Also
Iammars wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Role: Lovestruck Dedicated One-Shot Mad Monk (town). You can kill another player each night. You are immune to all actions except kills. Your ability can only be used once. You will always target XXXX with your action. You are madly in love with XXXX. So madly in love, in fact, that if that player should die, you will immediately commit suicide. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
Abilities: (auto)kill (unusable)

I actually got this role in irc :(
YES!

I have to remember this one (Just like one-shot x-hider kill magnet)
Two more things should be noted about this game. The man referred to as XXXX was
one of two
cult recruiters in that game. The game also featured a night start which meant both of us were dead when day1 came. Every townie assumed I had taken the cult with me when there was another recruiter still around.

And this was in irc so it was not a real perspon going bastard mod on us. The bot had something against the players big time in that multirole.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #800 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Xylthixlm wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Two more things should be noted about this game. The man referred to as XXXX was
one of two
cult recruiters in that game. The game also featured a night start which meant both of us were dead when day1 came. Every townie assumed I had taken the cult with me when there was another recruiter still around.
You're misremembering. The actual setup was:

Possesser Serial Killer Nightmare (sk)
Arsonist (sk)
Pinata Census Taker
Census Taker
Ascetic
Lovestruck Dedicated One-Shot Mad Monk
Cowardly Roleblocker

You took out the arsonist, so it wasn't that bad for the town. (Pretty bad for the arsonist, though.)
And this was in irc so it was not a real perspon going bastard mod on us. The bot had something against the players big time in that multirole.
But there
is
a real person programming the bot to go bastard mod on you. :twisted:
Damn my bad short term memory, you are correct though. I play too much on irc. Perhaps I got that confused with another game I played in my other irc thing. Regardless a game with 2 cult recruiters that are on the same team would be very evil. You kill one, think its done and then boom it just gets worse. I feel bad for suth. I think he was the arsonist for that game. At any rate we will get you back xyl for programming that atrocity. :evil: :twisted: :evil:
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #812 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

Adele wrote:
Peers wrote:You are the
Paranoid Jester
. If anyone targets you at night, for any reason, they will die. You win, and the game ends, when you are lynched.
That's... unloseable. Oh, unless you're the last man standing.

Even still, every other role in the game's the worst role ever. Seems to me it's unwinnable for everyone else (I assume the town loses on the jester being lynched?)
Yay I posted a simular role awhile back.
PokerFace wrote:I have role that is good but at the same time is bad because it is insanly too powerful. I was playing Mafia on IRC and the moment I read it I had delusions of granduer running through my head.

Assassin Jester (sk): You win if you are lynched. You are immune to kills. You kill other players at night. You also win when you are in the final two and there are no other killers.
Abilities: kill

The only way I 'think' I could have lost was if the mafia gained a majority so that I was endgamed instead of lynched or surviving.
What's funny about this role is it acutally exists cuase I got it in irc. The irc server has changed alittle so it is now called Rogue Comando instead of Assassin because of server confusion involving Assassin role in the 'king' games.

BUT there are ways BOTH roles can loose.

Assassin jester can be killed via a superkill or eradicate.

Paranoid jesters can loose by being end gamed assuming there is some scum force in the game. Assassin jester can't be endgamed because it is another killing type so scum can't kill it but scum can lynch it. Which is exactly what it wants.

Both Jesters can loose there roles via global actions that do not specifically target them. Someone uses a randomize all roles feature and that will likly cause the paranoid jester to loose their role and get a new one.

Both roles are terrible in the respect that they are too powerful!

Edit: These roles would go into a setup called "Bastard to ALMOST all players Mod"
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #816 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Rogueben wrote:Wait doesn't endgame imply that the scum have enough of a majority to KILL the remaining players. In these cases the scum cannot kill the Jesters so the game would continue. That's how I understand endgaming anyway.
My idea of endgame is different from yours. The IRC sites I go to I think go by the standard that a game enters endgame the moment all threats to the town are dead or the game just stops when the scum are guaranteed victory. If all scum are gone the game will stop and paranoid jester won't get lynched assuming he is still alive. Assassin Jester can't be endgamed like that because he is a threat to the town.

I also assume a paranoid jester could get engamed by the scum on my server for the following reason. I had the role "Reflex Echo Role Blocker" once on irc. It is one of my favs. The role is as follows.
Role: Reflex Echo Roleblocker (town). You can block another player's action each night. You are immune to roleblocks. Whenever a player dies, you will take on their role. You retain this property. Your action applies automatically to anyone who targets you with an action. The copied action can't be roleblocked. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
basically if you target me I blocked you instantly and I retained this power no matter what. It was unaffected by echo. I really liked getting that role. here are the things echo made me at night as the game went on. (Demonspork is the name of one of the people I was playing with in that multirole game.)
Role: Reflex Roleblocker Sleeper X-Double Voter Doublekiller (town). Right now, you don't have any powers, but if demonspork dies you will become a X-Double Voter Doublekiller. Whenever a player dies, you will take on their role. You can block another player's action each night. You are immune to roleblocks. Your action applies automatically to anyone who targets you with an action. The copied action can't be roleblocked. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
Role: Reflex Roleblocker Azwolg (town). You will kill demonspork the first night. Whenever a player dies, you will take on their role. You can block another player's action each night. You are immune to roleblocks. Your action applies automatically to anyone who targets you with an action. The copied action can't be roleblocked. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
after I had this role spork died. The guy that had azwolg previously must have been jailed by another player and then lynched or else demon spork would have died alot sooner
Role: Reflex Roleblocker Townie (town). Whenever a player dies, you will take on their role. You can block another player's action each night. You are immune to roleblocks. Your action applies automatically to anyone who targets you with an action. The copied action can't be roleblocked. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
and lastly I was
Role:
Unlynchable
Reflex Roleblocker (town). Whenever a player dies, you will take on their role. You can block another player's action each night. You are immune to roleblocks. Your action applies automatically to anyone who targets you with an action. The copied action can't be roleblocked. You cannot be lynched. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
That last role has properties of the paranoid jester and it can't be lynched. When I became that last role, the mafia gained a majority so I was immediatly endgamed by the irc server an yet there is no way the scum could have gotten rid of me.

I understand the argument that the scum would have to lynch the paranoid jester but with server settings we had it was not necessary because I "think" the basic mafia goon role reads:
You are a mafia goon. Your partner is XXXX. You may kill other players at night. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only you remain. You win if this happens
or nothing can be done to prevent this from happening.

abilities: mafiakill
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #817 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Side note, nemisis

if we are really making a role for Flay I think his role would be the power to tell a person's alignment based on their number of posts. They post a certain amount of times and Flay is imediatly pmed their alignment. This role would work with all the nice graphs flay does for the games he mods.

Yos2 and his nuke all lurkers could have a superkill that he could use on the lurkiest player

And if flay was masoned with yos2 they could easily dispose of players in a post or perish fashion that at the same time found scum.

Wierd/interesting idea, A game based on people's title or personalities would be cool. But then again you could just make it into a U-PICK and have the players pick their own names like I did once in an irc u-pick.
Role: PokerFace (town). Each night you learn the role PM of a random role in the setup, but not who has it. You win when all the bad guys are gone.
-XylBot- Abilities: (auto)cheat
I think that role suited me and my often desire for a mass claim.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #823 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
Rogueben wrote:Wait doesn't endgame imply that the scum have enough of a majority to KILL the remaining players. In these cases the scum cannot kill the Jesters so the game would continue. That's how I understand endgaming anyway.
My idea of endgame is different from yours. The IRC sites I go to I think go by the standard that a game enters endgame the moment all threats to the town are dead or the game just stops when the scum are guaranteed victory. If all scum are gone the game will stop and paranoid jester won't get lynched assuming he is still alive.
Assassin Jester can't be endgamed like that because he is a threat to the town.
What you say is true. I tought I implied that 'only' the paranoid jester could be endgamed. Assassin Jester indeed could not. Did I miss word something in another post?

When I first posted the role awhile back, I thought Assassin Jester could get endgamed but realized it could for the same reasons you mentioned.

Well either way Paranoid jester can be endgamed.

Assassin AKA Rogue Comando Jester (sk) can only be killed/loose via a 'super' kill. (When I was this role I got lynched day2. A tracker saw me make my night kill which was the only kill since a doc blocked the mafia's kill. Still won the game but I wanted to win by killing everyone. I can't remember if there were any 1-shot superkillers in that game.)

Unlynchable, Reflex role blocker can only loose via end game since super kill and kill would fail at the targeting stages and he could not get lynched.

And if there was a bizzarre role that combined both those jester that would certainly be unstopable
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #825 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

assassin jester is an sk type and You also win when you are in the final two and there are no other killers.

Assassin jester would win in that situation since mafia can not kill him during the night.

Mafia can lynch him during the day so if that happened both the jester and the Mafia would win with the jester taking first if there could be only one winner. If there can be 2 winners then they do draw in the sence they both win.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #857 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Adel wrote:You are "Cluster bombed". Each night you may choose to become the target of all other players' night actions. You win with the town.
(This role would be best suited for a very large game)
If there is a doc in play, at least you won't die. BUT what would happen if you were jailed? Or let's say there is a roleblocker in play. If he doesn't target you and then you use this, he is targeting you. What's gonna happen? Will the world to implode in a giant catch-22?

AND
xyzzy wrote:
Mafiaplayer wrote:How about a less lying version?

You are a jester or a survivor. You do not know which.
Best.

Role.

Ever.

<3
QFT
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #885 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are a
Hunter
a lyncher variant. It is your job to eliminate the player with the role prey. You do not know the name of the player that has this role. At night you may target a player. If they are prey, they will die and you will win. If they are not prey, nothing will happen. If you are targeted by any actions at night you will die. If prey is lynched and you are on the wagon, you win. If prey is lynched and you aren't on the wagon, you loose.
You are
Prey
a survivor variant. You are imune to all kills not performed by who has the Hunter role. You show up guilty to cop investigations. It takes one less vote to lynch you.
Put a Cop, a Role blocker, and two SK's in the setup and you have some fun.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #907 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mirth wrote:
undo wrote:Just a little question... Is it bad to use some of these roles in a game?
Well that depends. If you let the players know you're going to be a bastard, (and ask permission for any roles you intend to borrow if that is your actual question), then it's fine. If you have a game without telling them that their roles will totally suck, then you would be considered a bad horrible person and be kvetched about endlessly. If the players know what they're getting into, then feel free to go all out.

Nemesis: Cupid could theoretically win. But he doesn't know if his arrows worked. And a true bastard mod (oh, speaking of modding, I put myself on the Open waitlist, since I don't actually have to do anything but flavor for one of those. Might actually get to mod a bastard game before christmas. Yay.) would take every player to mean all dead players including Cupid himself. But even if that wasn't the case, he'd have to make sure to be the last person lynched, which might not work since by then all threats to the town *are* eliminated and the game might end. So it's not a solution to anything. Just another way to frustrate a player into hating you. Though the role could be modified to make less bastardy.
I thought Undo was trying to make a sarcastic joke. I chuckled
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #909 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mirth wrote:
PokerFace wrote: I thought Undo was trying to make a sarcastic joke. I chuckled
Didn't his mother tell him that sarcasm usully fails on the interwebs.
I guess not. Manners fails big time too
IH wrote:
Your Mom

You're the butt of every joke.

Whos butt? YOUR MOM'S!

Eww grandma butt.

You win if nobody uses a "your mom" joke. If someone does use one, you must answer promptly with "Ur Face!" or you will be modkilled.
Thestatusquo wrote:thats not a bad role, thats just a dumb role. LIKE YOUR MOM.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #917 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

meh, I guess I fail

btw
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:You are
Nekka-Lucifer
. As soon as you post something that makes sense, you are Mod-killed
This role better suits Krap Logick Korlash
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #951 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Cheater is my favorite role on your irc channel.

@Seol,
how in the world are you going to balance that one out? It seems too powerful if I read that right. cheater only learns about 1 a night. A guy that learned every role night0 would need a few draw backs. I do not envy the task you have of balancing that one out.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #992 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Here is a link to a thread about another bad role.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7894

I laughed at it and thought it should be listed with the other bad roles in this thread.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1084 (isolation #20) » Sat May 10, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Shanba is right the scum and town could both make use of the reset button, HOWEVER as Yosarian2 implies the game will eventually reach a point where everybody knows who is on everyone elses side. After enough lynches and resets, everbody will know what alignment everyone has.

At this point another factor will come into play. Now that every member of the town knows who they can trust, together they can all vote off the reset button. Lynch him and his effect is gone. Then the town can lynch off each member of the mafia over the next few days. As long as the game does not start in lylo, the town can afford to lynch the reset button and then bumrush the mafia to bring a quick end to the game in the town's favor.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1175 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I've seen roles that block all actions for one night before. Whenever I've seen them they block scum too.
Xylthixlm wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
Gamma wrote:You are a
Poser
You're townie, but if a cop investigates you, the cop will get the result of another player instead of your alignment.
In otherwords, you are
MILLER EXTREME!!!!!
How about this:

You are a
Poser

Choose one player each night and you'll pretend to be them. All night actions that would target them target you instead, and all night actions that would target you get no result.
I'm so stealing that for the mafiabot. It's got a lot of strategic depth. :twisted:
I look forward to getting this role on your irc server. It will most certainly be better than being a
Lovestruck Dedicated One-Shot Mad Monk
again.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1362 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

shaft.ed wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:You are a
Suicidal gunman who
just can't do it

You really want to die, but you just don't have the cojones. So once per game you can give another person your gun with one round in it, giving them the ability to daykill once. You win only if they shoot you with your gun.

Suggested players: DGB
Actually this could work as a Hider-ish. Each night you give another player in the game the ability to kill you. You can infer innocence at least form the people that don't. If you claim your role you are removed from the game to undergo therapy (ie modkilled).
I actually like this idea and how it would apply to said role. This role no longer looks so bad when applying it to a town win condition.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1365 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree with the two posts above this. That would all make it a useful town role assuming you can track the guns chance for use based on the number of people that die each night should you not be the guns target.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1406 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Iron Man wrote:Actually, The Joker doesnt sound like a bad role. It actually looks like an awesome role if the setup around it is properly developed.
I agree with ironman
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1424 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Empking wrote:You are an unlimited dayvig. You can kill as many people during the day by posting
Kill:Person
You win with the town.

You are the daykill immune mafia. Your partners are X and Y. You are immune to daykills. Your partners are also immune to daykills.
I recognize you won't know mafia is kill imune, but should you figure it out after you see your kill fail then the best strategy would be...

Once someone hits L-1 then you kill them. If kill fails then drop the hammer. All 'scummy' townies will be day killed and the game will not get sent into night until a mafioso dies. You aren't gauranteed to win but you will avoid night and flak from town should everybody figure out the Scum is day kill imune after you claim.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1426 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Empking wrote:So you wouldn't just kill everyone?
No, I would definatly kill everyone
until
I saw it not work. Then me and the rest of the town 'might' come to using that plan.

But if I can write and send any number of kills in 1 post instead of one kill per post, then chances are I will kill every townie in post 1 on day 1, and not be able to ever learn scum are kill immune until it was already too late.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1459 (isolation #27) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

But Tar, a mafia traitor is usually told who the scum are.

Mafia spy is not told but can role cop at night to find them.

Vanilla Mafiate is like traitor in a sence they have to vote and keep mafia alive but since they don't know who mafia is they'll have a fun time pulling that off. That's at least the impression i get from Booker's role listing.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1467 (isolation #28) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Cybele wrote:That'd be over a month into the game without posting once. How much incentive would you have to keep plying by that time?
Pretty much none. I would have lynched the guy by then.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1479 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

*Interesting Version*
Written Day Cult Recruiter
: You are a cult recruiter, but you do not recruit players at night via PMing me with a choice. Instead you can only recruit one player durring each day by typeing "recruit: playername" in thread. You don't have to bold it, you just must type those words together so pretty much when you die and turn up cult, all your recruits can be found pretty easily. If you try to recruit an anti-town player, the recruitment will fail. You can not be killed at Night (Mafia Kills fail on you). You can talk to your recruits at any time. You win when you control a majority of the town or nothing can be done to prevent this.

*Bastard Version*
: You are a cult recruiter, but you do not recruit players at night via PMing me with a choice. Instead you can only recruit one player durring each day by typeing
Recruit: Playername
in thread. You must bold it. When you die and turn up cult, all your recruits can be found pretty easily. If you try to recruit an anti-town player, you will die. You can not be killed at Night (But you should know mafia can day kill). You can talk to your recruits only at night. You win when you control a majority of the town or nothing can be done to prevent this. Players you recruit must act as though the fear or hate cults whenever they are questioned about them. If they want to, they can post your mod notes to show this complience
*Mode Note*
- :Twitch:

Recruit: PetroleumJelly
Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:54 am, edited 7 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1493 (isolation #30) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have actually played a game of circle mafia before. It was nightless.
But Player D was a Townie who could day kill once
and E was a Mafioso who couldn't kill only Endgame you
Should a Lynchee gotten day killed, his Lyncher went Vanilla but remained a lynchee himself

One of the Lynchers and the Mafioso won its running. I was one of the Lynchers and I was most pissed off when the game ended and I learned we were well stalemated from the very begining.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1500 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

Caboose wrote:
PokerFace wrote:*Interesting Version*
: You are a cult recruiter, but you do not recruit players at night via PMing me with a choice. Instead you can only recruit one player durring each day by typeing "recruit: playername" in thread. You don't have to bold it, you just must type those words together so pretty much when you die and turn up cult, all your recruits can be found pretty easily. If you try to recruit an anti-town player, the recruitment will fail. You can not be killed at Night (Mafia Kills fail on you). You can talk to your recruits at any time. You win when you control a majority of the town or nothing can be done to prevent this.
I think that can actually be done.

Would this count?
What someone with the above role could say without giving themselves away wrote:I wonder if the mafia can recruit. Caboose's name appears at the top of the list of players, so
Vote: Caboose
Yep that would count. That is why that one was called the interesting version. It would be interesting to actually see it in a setup playing out. How creative will the recruiter be? Should breadcrumbing the action be a legit recuritment procedure? Will Town catch on?

The evil version I posted won't work out as well though. I pity someone that gets the role of the evil version. And i pity those they recruit.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1506 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Indeed Shanba

Also
Alduskkel wrote:You are the
Death Godfather.
You will investigate as innocent and when you die you will come up as innocent
There is actually already a name for this role. It is called
Pillar of Society
on IRC. Ivestigates as inocent and you come up as Vanilla Townie when you are really scum.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1520 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rofl, good one Yos2 and Vi. I am now convinced that somebody definatly has to put a role like that into a game. Not just interesting but a laugh riot for the mod who is in on the joke.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1542 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

God Son
- You win if you survive to the end of the game or you are recruited by the Mafia. You loose if you are killed or lynched without being recruited.

*Modnote - If this player is investigated by a cop he turns up
scum
Mafia. All Trackers and Watchers see him as targeting any players that die during the night. The player is not told of these miller-like attributes.*
Altar Boy
- You win if you survive to the end of the game or you are recruited by the Cult. You loose if you are killed or lynched without being recruited.

*Modnote - If this player is investigated by a cop he turns up
scum
Cult. All Trackers and Watchers see him as targeting any players that die during the night. The player is not told of these miller-like attributes.*
Blind Follower
- You do not know your exact win condition. You only know that it is dependent on XXXX. If XXXX wins the game then you win too. If XXXX looses the game then you loose too. You don't know if XXXX is Mafia, Town, SK, Cult, Survivor or even a Jester. Spend your time during the day trying to figure out what XXXX's goal is. During the night I will allow you to bodyguard XXXX if you want. You may not at any point during the game discuss the game with XXXX outside of the game thread. Good luck, you'll need it!
*Edit: hmm... one should consider making XXXX's goal being to get killed at night. :)

Remember guys the point of a worst role is that its difficult to win. Not that its impossible to win.
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1568 (isolation #35) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mafia Absolute Traitor
- You are a part of the mafia. But you don't know who your scum buddies are and you can't talk to them at night. You win the game if you are the last mafioso alive and your side equals or exceeds the number of other players left. You can not kill at night and the scum group you are aligned with can target and kill you if they try to. They have no idea who you are or even that a role like yours exists in the setup.

Find and Lynch your scum buddies and then survive to the end by yourself. Good luck, you'll need it!
A combo of the Usurper and Traitor role that I have seen before and it sometimes gets the power to kill or investigation immunity once it has bussed all its friends.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1582 (isolation #36) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

LlamaFluff wrote:
You are a
Paranoid Roleblocker
. Any player who targets you will instead be roleblocked for the night.
This role already exists. I was one before. It is called
Reflex Roleblocker
and is actually a pretty good role. You can't be vigged or killed by the mafia since they will be blocked and you can confirm yourself to any power role by making their action fail.

This role does NOT belong in this thread since it is actually pretty cool to be untouchable especially if you are a
Mafia Reflex Role Blocker
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1585 (isolation #37) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Xylthixlm wrote:Reflex Roleblocker? You must have gotten that on IRC. It can appear randomly if the bot takes a normal roleblocker and adds the "reflex" template.
Yes. Also I thought you were in that game as our cop. Happened along time ago so you might not remember it. Hell I don't even remember who was scum scept they were pissed they could never kill me.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1588 (isolation #38) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

Booker wrote:You are a
Time Traveler
. At any point, as many times as you want, you may travel back in time to observe past events. However, to prevent time paradoxes, you're unable to change anything that happened before you entered your time machine during the trip. Also, since you do get bored like any other human being and have no idea where to start looking, you're unable to observe any night actions. You win with the town.
Modnote: He can read the thread.
I love it. Now thats a good way to be considered Vanilla and yet when your role name is revealed at death, no one will think you were vanilla
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1598 (isolation #39) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1604 (isolation #40) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are the
Town Skank
. Anyone that targets you therefore spends the night with you. Anyone that spends the night with you, and is not protected, will end up infected by one of your STD's. This will result in them having a random post restriction the next morning. You win with the town when all the scum are eliminated. Good Luck.

Borrat:
"This is my sister. Number 4 prostitute in all of country. Very Nice"
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1609 (isolation #41) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Natirasha wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:I hate post restrictions, and will never give one, even in a bastard modded game.

And if I do give one, I will expect the player who has it to be lynched. :evil:
Have you been dying to say this?
Xyl has voiced this opinion a couple of times before or at least on IRC. I would have lynched you if I was in that game, but since the players weren't smart enough or lucky enough to have this knowledge I congratulate you on a job well done. A very well thought out Faked PR that fit into a relative choas theme, got you a cake walk to end game. Nice Idea

I personally will not run a "normal" game with PR's. But if its a theme game, all bets are off.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1612 (isolation #42) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

:lol: Wow, no better statement of success exists than having your acting performance still believed when game is already over.
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1615 (isolation #43) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

Link to XYL's Relative Choas Game
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9753
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1616 (isolation #44) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are a
Villiage Idiot
. At night you may stand outside of any players house. You win with the town when all the scum have been eliminated.

Mod Note: If his target is scum, he will protecting them from all actions including kills and blocking all investigations on there target. He will sucessfully annoy the shit out of anyone that comes by. If his target is Town, they'll be nice enough to feed and take care of the idiot that night. If the target is then killed, the village idiot will be too. Leave no witnesses. If the Village idot's target performs a kill that night, only the village idiot will die.
Not sure if that should be just a note for the Mod or if the player should also see the note since there are a few advantages to go along with the large number of disadvantages the role inflicts on the town.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1632 (isolation #45) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

:shock: :lol: 8-)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1657 (isolation #46) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Worst Role: give zwetschenwasser a scum role with a PR of 100 words per post, minimum, in an open game.
What the hells, man? I was JUST FREAKING DISCUSSING A ROLE LIKE THIS with someone who wanted inspiration for a bastard mod game. Like, a couple days ago :S.
<<Has had this pr before on irc (real time typing need to say at least that many words in a day was rough)
<<Has had a 162 words a game day max pr as well (Marathon game, didn't exceed or come close to breaking it)
<<Also had pr that I could only say 3 words at a time in a scum chat game (Worst PR ever for me. 3 words can't describe my gut instincts. And I couldn't "double post or send rather to the chat". Say something hit enter every 3 words wait for someone to say ??)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1665 (isolation #47) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

Battousai wrote:
Battousai
- You win when you can get your game fully filled in the mini theme queue.
Epic lawls
:lol: :cry: :lol:

Best role for any new mod
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1667 (isolation #48) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

If game is able to continue, he looses

If game is not able to continue, I assume him and the mafia (or scum(s) not eliminated) both win
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1671 (isolation #49) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

Battousai wrote:But it could be a gambit by a
townie
SuperSaint
. Claim jester and
vote yourself then
tell the mafia to vote for you. When they do, bam you got the last scum.

<<Has done that before

But to be even simplier, just vote yourself at the beginning of the day.
Yes that should be simple enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1675 (isolation #50) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Here is the link to the role list in my Marathon Weekend running of Bastard Face Mafia:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 46#1585946
There are some cruel worst roles and some strong best roles that were put into this game
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1682 (isolation #51) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

Herodotus wrote:
You are a
Martyr

You win if you are targeted for more than one non-lynch kill during the game (regardless of the success of those kills.)
Mod note: should be fairly balanced with 2 scum groups, a doc, and a vig. Excellent play or luck could let them win on N1. Pure bastard moddery if there is one scum group and no doc. The player's victory should not be announced until end-of-game, and they should probably only be told they've won after they die.
sirdanilot was something like that in my recent bastard game
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11067

Killing parties in the game included: one scum group, 1 SK, 1 insane killer cop, 1 Town GF
Action stoping or moving parties in the game included: A sanity changing doc, I redirecting variant, a role blocker, and a modified Body guard that didn't know his win condition.

sirdanilot got killed by luck while doing very little in the game thanks to the insane killer cop. Charter wanted to investigate him but thanx to sanity issues he killed sirdanilot so danny fufilled his win condition night 1. The game lasted 4 days and only 2 nights due to wierd swinginess of my bastard setup though
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1697 (isolation #52) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

where's killa nine when you need the 'true' chocolatte townie
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1717 (isolation #53) » Sun May 31, 2009 5:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

hp [leaves] wrote:You win when rocks fall and everyone die.
xyzzy!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1737 (isolation #54) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yay the corrupt gov's skill is worded so that I think it only works if the person being lynched is scum. If the Corrupt Gov was town he could/should get himself lynched asap so that the scum can not use him to their advantage
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1748 (isolation #55) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kise wrote:Have these actually been used, or are some of you making these up?
Some were made up. Others were used in bastard games. All were posted for the lulz.

Worst Role Ideas Mafia
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1833 (isolation #56) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

hey um I just got a pm about this game. I don't recall signing up for this one but I assure you that I am confirmed town :D
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1838 (isolation #57) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kublai Khan wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:You are a
Player Recruiter

At night, PM the mod with the name of a mafia player not in the game and the mod will PM them a random alignment & role.

You win if 5 people actually join the game this way and start playing.
*twitch*
Please note that the player playing this role is
not allowed to discuss the game outside the thread
What part of confirmed town didn't you get?

Vote: RayFrost

Me and plum definatly ain't scum.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1840 (isolation #58) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think we might be taking the joke to far.

I'm trying to point out that khan does not clarify which player can not talk outside the game. Pronouns would dictate the players that just joined the game (Me and plum) can't talk outside the game. And since we can't that makes us obv town. If Khan was discussing the recruiter himself he may need to clarify better. The mod balancing what role gets added should be interesting

<<is getting bad ideas thanx to this thread
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1842 (isolation #59) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

Just bad ideas in general since this is the worst idea thread and I likes to run bastard games

Do you saying Bobcount asd one of the 5 times? If so you should never mention the phrase Bob until you see and obv scum. They call yourself Bob 4 times while asking your intended target to call you bob. Once he complies its boom boom!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1845 (isolation #60) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

cool idea khan and don't worry just like when I ran my last two bastard marathon games
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11035
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11067
I will advertise the arrival of more lulz
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1856 (isolation #61) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Another level of bastardness. I saw this in a game earlier this year but I forget which. Have a Mafia B and an SK but do not have a mafia A. Or have a Mafia A and C but no B. Basically make all players freak expecting/looking for a scum group that isnt there.

Kinda like the classsic senior prank of taking 2 animals letting them loose in the school, write 1 on one and 3 on the other. Facaulty freaks as they can not find the one with the 2 on it.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1859 (isolation #62) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

Thanks for the reminder orto
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1863 (isolation #63) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

SteveT wrote:You are a Mason. You may talk to yourself via PM. You win with the town.

Mod note: when the player asks who their partner is, just ask them "Who told you that you had a partner?"

... to fit the theme of making players look for roles that don't exist ...
<Insert Thumbs Up Icon Here>
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1892 (isolation #64) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

Does that mean you are seen as miller by first investigation or by any action, or does that mean you can make one player a miller for one night?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1895 (isolation #65) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Can lassie vote? Since they know all alignments best play would be to only post or bark directly after a post by scum. They post somthing scummy you start barking. And you'll just have to hope timmy can stay out of the well long enough to understand you
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1931 (isolation #66) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:59 pm

Post by PokerFace »

You are a
Jesting Survivor
. During the day every post you make must contain something like this: "I am scum, k thx bye." "Why aren't I hanging from the gallows yet" and other assorted variations of pleading with others to lynch you. As long as you follow this restriction you can not be killed at night. You win if you survive to the end of the game. Good Luck
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1932 (isolation #67) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

Elmo wrote:For what it's worth,
Loser Mafia wrote:
The Setup

2 Mafia Goons
11 Townies

The Town wins when the mafia goons outnumber the town, or when nothing can prevent this.
The Mafia wins if both of them are lynched.
I like the idea, though.
Yay I liked that idea until I played it. Sure it was fun at times and I did win as scum but there were other times I really wanted to rip my hair out. Games more trouble than you realize since once you are scum you can't get away or be axed you have to stay and try to plead your case as people hunt for towns to kill. It was very nerve racking to deal with.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1953 (isolation #68) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are an
Absolute Miller
. If a cop investigates you, then you will be seen a guilty. If a gunsmith checks you, he will think you have a gun. If a tracker targets you he will see you got to anyone that dies at night. You cannot claim miller or Absolute Miller during the game or you will be modkilled. You will be revieled as scum when you die. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. Good luck
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1978 (isolation #69) » Thu May 20, 2010 11:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

TonyMontana wrote:
Compulsive Lyncher with a conscience

Knows who every scum is. No protection available.
Must be on every lynch wagon, but will suicide if a town player is lynched.
Wins if they are on every lynch wagon in the game.
um just urge people to lynch scum pretty early subtly and i think they player has at least a 20% chance of winning especially since he knows who all scum is. being an nk magnet and or can't be saved from any would suck and hurt their chances and i can def see it as a bad or difficult role but i don't think its impossible
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1985 (isolation #70) » Thu May 27, 2010 10:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are
Masked Flaker
. If you got tons of votes on you or if you just want a fresh start in the game, you may flake out or pm me asking for replacement. When this happens I will create an alt account for you, that you can use to replace into the game as this same role. You may use this skill as many times as you want in order to continue playing the game under a constant ruse of ignorance to the previous players. You win the game if you survive to the end and no one realizes who you really are. If someone discovers your ruse, then you loose. Good luck
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2012 (isolation #71) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

nhammen wrote:A better role is a lightning rod like role that instead of redirecting all roles only redirects the one that you target. A redirect to self role. Anything that affects all roles is a bit overpowered.
Mr. Flay wrote:Oooh, I kinda like that nhammen. "Distracting Townie/Goon".
I think shafted had both a town and scum of that in monty python mafia. Both were called French Taunter-Role Attractor despite being different alignments ><
http://67.222.17.61/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8780
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2225 (isolation #72) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

<<Agrees with Flay

Example:
Paul: Alright I am at L-1, I claim stump
Bruce: Prove it! or die!
Mod: Paul has Stumped he is town
Bruce: Unvote, Vote: Next Scumiest
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2305 (isolation #73) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

Tragedy wrote:You are
Rebecca Black
, Reflexive Role-Blocking Lightning Rod PGO. Your song "FRIDAY" has murdered over 9,000 people, you seem to attract all the haters to you, and you kill them all while they're all roleblocked at the same time. Thus, all abilities will be shot at you instead of their correct targets. Your scumbuddy is
Justin Bieber
, you win when either of you two are still alive to make boys and girls cry.
Christ! Thats the worst role ever!

/thread
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2905 (isolation #74) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2908 (isolation #75) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Post by PokerFace »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p3972763

Not sure if thats best or worse but there are definatly good and bastard aspects to the role too
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2910 (isolation #76) » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

That's why I posted it in Best ideas first. It definetly is very interesting and cool, but its also very bastard. I guess it really depends on what you care about more. Having Fun or The Games Integrity
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #3189 (isolation #77) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The Following Role was created and engineered by the cooperative efforts of PokerFace and AurorusVox

You are a
Zombie
. You are a survivor with a very special twist. There are X players in this game. If you do not post for a period of Y hours, the amount of votes required for a lynch will become equal to (X-1)/2. Essentially the more you lurk, the less votes will be needed to get a lynch. And the faster lynches happen, the greater your chances of reaching the end of the game, right? WRONG! While you are lurking like this, I will not prod you and should anybody outside the game PM me and want to replace you, I will let them. If you get replaced, you will effectively loose the game. Complete the game without dying or getting replaced and all things will be awesome! Good luck

The role may require some level of night/day deathproof to go along with the time at which you are lurking for more balance but this is the basic rough design of the role in light of the game linked here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22121
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #3281 (isolation #78) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

an all seriel killer game?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=11035

An all jester game?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=11382

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=14505

feel free to improve on any of these game concepts or use these games to help you design brand new ideas
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #3283 (isolation #79) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

That type of game would be fun up until endgame. As if only A, B, and C are alive and each one must get a different one lynched to win. (A > B, B > C, C > A) Then a 3 player end game can't end unless one player helps another and effectively plays against his win condition.

I think closest we ever got to a heavy lyncher game on MS was Lord Gurgi's heavy religious/lynch cults game. I forget true title of game and think he may have run it while using an alt account, so pardon me for not having a link

Dragon Phoenix also ran an all SK game as an April Fools joke. I can't seem to find the link for that either atm
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4685 (isolation #80) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

This might be a worst role or it might be a best role, not sure

It is meant to only be used in AITP, WITP, or RITP

You are
Soldier
. You must always follow orders, so does it matter who the king is? You win if the assassin looses. WIFOM like crazy to confuse them. Good luck!

Its not your job to wonder why, its you job to do or die
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4699 (isolation #81) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are a
Mafia Doppelganger
. Your scum buddies are XXX, YYY, ZZZ. When you die you will be revealed as Mafia Goon. You can use the new alt account XXX. The password for that account is WWW. You win when your side >= 1/2 the remaining players.

You are a
Mafia Clone
. Your scum buddies are VVV, YYY, ZZZ. When you die you will be revealed as Mafia Goon. You win when your side >= 1/2 the remaining players.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p6332986
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4704 (isolation #82) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 4703, Klazam wrote:
In post 4700, syndromeofatown wrote:Here is a role I thought of in the shower:

You are the
Devil
. You have no special powers, except the power of The Deal.

At night you may secretly offer a deal to a player. If they choose to accept the deal that player will permanently become a (cop/doctor/lawyer/JOAT/whatever power role etc.) and in exchange you will get their soul (their vote!). You will be allowed to (secretly) move their vote wherever you like. If they choose not to accept the deal, nothing happens.

You win when you control the majority of votes left in the game. Also you're the devil so you're immune to night kills and any powers you give out.

wrong thread. This is an AWESOME role

I agree. Give town cool stuff so they beat mafia. Then you beat them all as SK that controls more than 1/2 the votes in thread. You can instant lynch all those that appose you as long as the vote stealing element is hidden or not linked to you
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4708 (isolation #83) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 4705, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 4704, PokerFace wrote:
In post 4703, Klazam wrote:
In post 4700, syndromeofatown wrote:Here is a role I thought of in the shower:

You are the
Devil
. You have no special powers, except the power of The Deal.

At night you may secretly offer a deal to a player. If they choose to accept the deal that player will permanently become a (cop/doctor/lawyer/JOAT/whatever power role etc.) and in exchange you will get their soul (their vote!). You will be allowed to (secretly) move their vote wherever you like. If they choose not to accept the deal, nothing happens.

You win when you control the majority of votes left in the game. Also you're the devil so you're immune to night kills and any powers you give out.

wrong thread. This is an AWESOME role

I agree. Give town cool stuff so they beat mafia. Then you beat them all as SK that controls more than 1/2 the votes in thread. You can instant lynch all those that appose you as long as the vote stealing element is hidden or not linked to you

Doesn't this function a little like a cult though?

yes. you got many votes all working for you

its basically an sk cult. The cult of the devil
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4712 (isolation #84) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

And I am the 5th most

You are a
Town Mafia Encrypter
. As long as you are alive, the scum can day talk. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. Good Luck
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4947 (isolation #85) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by PokerFace »

You can't reveal your L-1 restriction, huh?

What if you claim something else entirely? Claim something that will get you killed at night. I'd try to think of something like that and claim it day 1

Return to “Mafia Discussion”