Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:48 pm

Post by undo »

xyzzy wrote:You are
Newbie Scum

Your first post must be something along the lines of "I'm sorry, I need to be replaced,", and you'll be replaced by <username>, who will have joined the day before the game begins. You will continue playing with <username>, with the password <password>. You may not tell anyone about this. You win if you are lynched day one.
I like this one.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:55 pm

Post by undo »

Just a little question... Is it bad to use some of these roles in a game?
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:35 am

Post by undo »

PokerFace wrote:
Mirth wrote:
undo wrote:Just a little question... Is it bad to use some of these roles in a game?
Well that depends. If you let the players know you're going to be a bastard, (and ask permission for any roles you intend to borrow if that is your actual question), then it's fine. If you have a game without telling them that their roles will totally suck, then you would be considered a bad horrible person and be kvetched about endlessly. If the players know what they're getting into, then feel free to go all out.

Nemesis: Cupid could theoretically win. But he doesn't know if his arrows worked. And a true bastard mod (oh, speaking of modding, I put myself on the Open waitlist, since I don't actually have to do anything but flavor for one of those. Might actually get to mod a bastard game before christmas. Yay.) would take every player to mean all dead players including Cupid himself. But even if that wasn't the case, he'd have to make sure to be the last person lynched, which might not work since by then all threats to the town *are* eliminated and the game might end. So it's not a solution to anything. Just another way to frustrate a player into hating you. Though the role could be modified to make less bastardy.
I thought Undo was trying to make a sarcastic joke. I chuckled
I meant it lol.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:58 am

Post by undo »

Roach wrote:You are A TIME TRAVELER. Each Night, you go back up to XXXX posts (XXXX representing the number of posts they can go back (for instance, Time Travelers who can go back 50 posts)). These posts will be the last XXXX of posts (starting (and including) your last (and current) post for the previous Day (as well as all other posts by the other players, not including any posts that request a replacement or state V/LA)) for the previous Day. This action can only be used when you put 'Timeturner' in the subject line of your Night action PM, and the number of posts you wish to go back (not exceeding the limit) is in the message body. The resulting reply will be the last number of posts that you wished to see (starting with (and including) your last (and current) post for the previous Day). You win when the Town does.

MOD NOTE: Be sure to include ALL posts when the player sends their PM regarding their Night action for this role, including all replacement requests and V/LA posts. Also, when this player exceeds the posts that they can go back, they will automatically be put at L-1 the following day.
I don't understand this. Can you explain it better?
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:30 am

Post by undo »

What about a
Paranoid Bus Driver
? He would have to switch the 'seats' of all players in the game.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:20 am

Post by undo »

/pre-in

Return to “Mafia Discussion”