Scummies Ideas, Suggestions and Comments Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #629 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:34 pm

Post by Plotinus »

maybe since it'd be moderators/ICs they should only nominate someone who played in a newbie slot in that game (someone who was playing for the first/second time)

It'd be hard to pick just one, though. In the game I ICed back in July/August, both herrcombs and pantherpunt did exceptionally well in their first game.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #980 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Plotinus »

Also, when you're talking about finalists, a lot of the discussion isn't like "x doesn't deserve to win" or "x somehow made it to the finalists even though they suck". That's what you imagine when you don't win something, you think you must've done something wrong, you think you would've won if you hadn't done something wrong but it's really not like that at all. It's more like "x, y, and z are all really fantastic and of those I liked x resonated with me the best." For a lot of categories, and Paperback in particular, every single one of the finalists did top notch work, and some of the non finalists did too.

Mastina, Gistou was beautiful and amazing and I don't know if you could have done anything to make it better than it was. It was incredible. And you will create other things and some of them will be duds (because all of us have duds) and some of them will be awesome and some of it will surpass Gistou because of the skills you honed in creating Gistou.

You should try out judging. It's fun reading all the games and seeing all of the year's cool moments. You can't judge any categories you're still in the running for (or even comment on the thread) but you can judge the others.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #981 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:47 am

Post by Plotinus »

tl;dr: I love everybody