Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #667 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:46 pm

Post by Nemesis »

You are Sephiroth, since learning how you came to be, you hate everyone. Each night you may submit one name of a player to be killed. If you are targetted for any night action you will kill whoever targetted you. If you are ever lynched you will return to life and summon meteor to kill all those that voted for you. In the day phase you may pm me the name of any of your Sephiroth Clones (X and X) to be lynched, this will end the day phase.

If you feel like throwing a piece of Jenova at someone during the day you may. This will kill them at twilight. You may not throw more than 4 pieces of Jenova during the game and never the same piece twice.

You may use Supernova once in the game, this will stop anyone from posting another other than a Vote or FoS during the day phase.

At night you may create a barrier to keep you away from the rest of the town, this will make you unlynchable. You may not kill anyone once you have created the barrier or in the same night you create the barrier. The barrier's existance will be announced to the town.

During the day you may ask Cloud to do whatever you want at night, there is a 50% chance he will. You will have to bold any requests you make.

[Mod note: Unless Sephiroth is targetted by Cloud at night, the night action will not go through.]

------------

You are Cloud, you don't know who you are or what you are. You have heard Sephiroth is still alive. Each night you may PM me the name of one person you would like to target, if you pick Sephiroth you will kill him. You win when only the town remain alive.

[Mod note: If Cloud targets Sephiroth, they both die.]

------------------------------

And that's how to create a balanced SK in a 50 people theme game.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #728 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Congratulations, you are the mirror. If anyone votes for you their vote is reflected upon themselves. If anyone tries to use a night action on you, the night action is reflected upon themselves.

--------

You are the Jynx, everything you do seems to create more bad luck. Each night you can target someone and give them bad luck.

(Mod note: If the Jynx targets the mirror, the mirror breaks giving the Jynx 7 years of bad luck. (And the mirrior dies.)

Depending on the game "bad luck" could be 50% chance of the player's abilities not working.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #731 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by Nemesis »

You are Fritzler

If you ever have the opportunity to hammer, you must do it or be mod-killed. For every hammer you make you get an additional vote.

Your win condition is you must hammer at least half of lynches you are alive for. If you hamer Nemesis you win the game.

------

You are Nemesis

You win condition is to outlive Fritzler. You must make one post a day telling everyone why Fritzler should be lynched. If Fritzler ever hammers you he wins the game, be cautious of this. Hammering yourself also causes Fritzler to win the game.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #744 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:28 pm

Post by Nemesis »

You are the informed minority. You are scum, but you know everyone's role. You win by being the last one standing.

Player 1: Bulletproof townie.
Player 2: Bulletproof townie.
Player 3: Bulletproof townie.
Player 4: Bulletproof townie.
Player 5: Bulletproof townie.
Player 6: Bulletproof townie.
Player 7: Bulletproof townie.
Player 8: Bulletproof townie.
Player 9: Bulletproof townie.
Player 10: Bulletproof townie.
Player 11: Bulletproof townie.
And you are player 12.

Enjoy.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #758 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Nemesis »

You are xyzzy's opening joke in the jokes thread. You must write a 20,000 character post which ends in a pun. The remainder of the post cannot be game related. You win if 1/4 of the players post "LOL". If they don't you are mod-killed.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #767 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Nemesis »

You are a psychic.

As everyone knows, psychics are just fakers. You got fed up waiting for people to pay you money and decided to kill them and take all their money instead. You are mafia together with X [Palm Reader] and X [Tarot Card Reader].

You can send a note to someone to tell them not to stay home that night. If they heed your warning and don't stay at home, any attempt made on their life during that time will fail. (Unless you make the kill attempt personally.) The town will find out who is targetting for a night kill due to their house being broken into.

The note you send someone must be less than 150 characters and should be anonymous. Pm it to me and I will pm it to them.

You also get one kill between your group per night.
--------------------------

You are a palm reader.

As everyone knows, palm readers are just fakers. You got fed up waiting for people to pay you money and decided to kill them and take all their money instead. You are mafia together with X [Psychic] and X [Tarot Card Reader].

Each night you may predict how long someone will live. The result will be posted at the beginning of the day.

The prediction should be less than 150 characters pm me and I will post the note.

-------------------

You are a Tarot Card Reader.

As everyone knows, Tarot Card Readers are just fakers. You got fed up waiting for people to pay you money and decided to kill them and take all their money instead. You are mafia together with X [Psychic] and X [Palm Reader].

Each night you may send a prediction to someone else, the predition should be less than 150 characters. Pm it to me and I will pm it on. You can say whatever you want.

--------------------

You are a postman. You deliver all the letters, sometimes when you are bored you read some of the letters too. You have no night choices and win with the town.

(Mod note: Postman reads all notes/letters given from one person to another, including mason letters. He cannot tell who wrote them though.)

-----------------

You are the sceptic

You don't believe in supernatural powers and believe everyone is being duped. Each day you can search someone's house looking for supernatural props. Unfortunately you are so busy searching people's houses you don't have much time to join the lynchmobs.

Once per game day you may pm me the name of someone you wish to investigate. You are unable to post while investigating and as a result look pretty suspicious. The tools you use to break into people homes to go through them would definately make you look suspicious. So you have decided to hide them on your person.

To avoid suspicion you have decided not to admit breaking into all those houses. If you should suddenly rethink your decision the town will lynch you in place of anyone else that day. In addition, all investigation results posted will result in the scum reinforcing their homes and all night actions targetting them will fail.

(Mod note: appears guilty if investigated and once dead)
-------------
You are an amature hypnotist

You are fresh out of hypotism school and as a result have a number of friends you trust. They are X and X. You know they arn't involved in any of the killings as you were with them last night.

(Mod Note: All 3 of the masons are un-nightkillable n0.)

--------------

You are an amatur hypnotist

You are fresh out of hypnotism school and didn't get good grades. In fact, your grades were so bad you have been trying to find out who the killers are so you can join them.

You will join them on the 5th night if you are still alive. Until that time you win with the town.

Fortunately for you, your friends trust you completely. They are X and X. Betraying their trust may prove too much for you if one of them dies after you join the killing group. You will confess you betrayed them and kill yourself.
--------------

You are an amature hypnotist

Lately you've been a bit distant from your friends. You were going to try and make up for this but the recent killings have made you wonder whether they are involved. You all graduated hypnotism school together but things have been off lately. Your friends are X and X. They trust you completely. If you find them both innocent you will feel terrible for suspecting them, in spite of this you may investigate one per night.

Although if you do this and find them both to be innocent, you will feel so awful that you will confess to spying on them. They will take this badly and stop talking to you. If they stop talking to you, you will be unable to investigate them further.

--------------

You are a healer

You don't believe in modern medicine. Each night you can send someone herbs to use. These will save them from any possible damage for the rest of the night. The problem with this is, some people don't believe in herbal remedies and won't use the herbs.

(Mod note: There is a 1/2 chance the herb will protect the person, 1/4 chance the herb will kill the person, there is a 1/8 chance the herb will roleblock the person and a 1/8 chance the herb will do nothing. The person who is sent the herb will have a choice whether or not to use them. But won't be told what the herbs do or who is sending them. They will just get a pm "you reccieved some herbs, do you wish to use them?" Also, the sceptic automatically chooses never to use them.)

-----------

You are a Ghostbuster

You were retired but all these killings have been causing ghosts to appear with vengance on their minds. You are solely responsible for stopping the dead from causing a random death. If you die, each night anyone who died the previous day will randomly kill someone from beyond the grave.

(Mod note: Ghosts don't exist. None of that will actually happen.)

---------------

You are a pixie

You arn't sure why you are here or why you havn't flown away, but you have decided to help the town anyway. You must roleclaim in your first post. If anyone says they don't believe it, you will die.

------------

You are a fully fledged hypnotist

You can convince people to quit the cult and become a townie again.

(Mod note: There is no cult.)

------------

You are Morpheous from the Maxtrix

Since many of your friends have died you have given up on being a captain, instead you retired to a quiet village. You understand some rules can be bent, others can be broken. Therefore the rules don't apply to you. In addition, you don't trust the system, so you will be performing kills each night to try and rid the town of the killers. Each night you may pm me the name of someone you want to kill. You win with the town.

--------------

You are an old lady with a crystal ball

Each night you may ask me one question, you will get a true answer. (It may only be a yes/no question.)

-------------

The most bastard modish game I'll ever think of. The mafia should win this 90% of the time.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #769 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Nemesis »

(1) Cheeto
(2) Twighlight
(3) Pie
(4) Reason
(5) Reason
(6) Reason with it
(7) Dark
(8) Dance
(9) Jump
(10) Darkness

You are a Cheeto. Each twighlight you can choose a pie to reason. If your choice is a reason you will reason with it. However, if it is dark, you will dance instead. You jump with the darkness.

Slightly odd, and has made me hungry.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #774 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by Nemesis »

I prefer the untranslatable easily version.

Actually, I'd prefer IH to make up a language then tell the person to post in it. I'd nominate that for worst role ever.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #776 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Nemesis »

/in for Babelfish Mafia when someone makes it.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #780 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Oh that site is awesome.
They are the doctor. You can proteggersi at night each ENTRANCE OF
INFORMATION of the NOTE OF the BATTERY he a name of a person. They
cannot proteggerli. They win with the city.
This one http://www.gizoogle.com/index.php?translate=false is a little too easy to decipher.
You is tha doctor. Each night you may pm me tha nizzle of someone you wish ta protect. You cannot protect yoself. You win wit tha T-to-tha-izzown.

But put the translated text through that and you get:
Tizzle is tha doctor and yo momma. you can proteggersi at night each entrance of
infizzle of tha nizzy of tha battery he a name of a person . Hollaz to the East Side. they
cannot proteggerli so bow down to the bow wow. they win wit tha hood.
I proclaim that, the worst role ever.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #788 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Mirth wrote:New internet connection is holding. Yay.
Nemesis wrote: You are a pixie

You arn't sure why you are here or why you havn't flown away, but you have decided to help the town anyway. You must roleclaim in your first post. If anyone says they don't believe it, you will die.
What if we all clap our hands?
Heh, I was actually going to include that would bring the person back to life, but if I'd confirmed the pixie as dead then it wouldn't work out. Although if I didn't disclose information then it would work out and be fairly confusing.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #793 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:20 am

Post by Nemesis »

Mirth wrote:Hmmm new net connection is still holding (yay!) though it is abyssmally slow.
That might not be just you.

And wow, Mirth, you just might be pure evil.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #815 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Congratulations, you are "Post or Perish".

If the town doesn't lynch the lowest poster in the day or game, you die. If you are ever the lowest poster in the day or game, you die. If someone doesn't post for three RL days, you die. If you are joint lowest poster for the game or day with 1 other person, you die. If you take the longest time to confirm or send night choices, you die. If there is less than 50 posts in a day, you die. If you ever vote for someone other than the lowest poster for the day or game, you die. You are required to pm me every 24 hours the thread is closed telling me to get on with it, if you do not, you die.

You win if you are not mod-killed.

-----

Congratulations, you are "Wikid".

That's a cool title and everyone wants one as witty as that. Unfortunately people are trying to steal your title from you.

If you don't post a link to a wiki page/stat in any of your posts, you die. If anyone ever posts more Wiki links/stat links than you, you die. If you don't answer a question that can be answered using the wiki with a link to all wiki pages that answer the question, you die. If you don't write a new wiki page during a game day, you die.

You also like puns... If you don't make a pun per post, you die. If you ever post before someone making a pun by quoting a post above yours, and you've failed to make that pun, you die. You are writing the lynch scenes and night action scenes, if you fail to make a pun in any of them, you die. If you die and don't make a pun about it, you lose your win condition(s).

You win if you arn't mod-killed.

-------------------

Mafiascum title mafia could be a fun game...
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #821 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:10 am

Post by Nemesis »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:How to balance a Jester:
Welcome to Hypothetical Bastard Role Mafia,
PLAYERNAME
. You are a
Neutral Jester
. You have no special abilities.

You win if you are lynched, or nothing can prevent the same.
MOD NOTE: Actually a
Neutral Survivor

Bastard enough for you?
There are few lines of bastard modding I will not cross. Lying to a player about their own win condition is one of them.

That said, it's definitely one of the Worst Roles Ever.
People have that thing about not wanting to lynch jesters... I think this role has a moderate chance of winning.

------------------

Congratulations you are the Cult Leader

Your particular cult is Scientology, you know... The one with the aliens. Anyway, once per night you can recruit one member of the town. The town member will lose any sanity they might have and join up... They won't be aware it is a cult and think it is a masonry. You can recruit Mafia although if they kill again, it will be assumed they have left the cult. However, you will be informed of their murky past. If you find and recruit Tom Cruise, he will become unnightkillable.

If you are ever accused of not being a vanilla townie, you are required to quote every post the accusing player has ever made and point out that he is actually scum and should be lynched. Your vote on him will be multiplied by the number of members in your cult +1. (Including you and with a minimuim of 2 because you never go anywhere without a cameraman.)

You have the day ability to sue people, this will post restrict them for the rest of the day. (Their post restriction will be one post of 50 characters per RL day.)

You win when the cult is equal to or more than 50% of the town.

-------------

Congratulations you are the super miller.

You know there's a cult in town, unfortunately due to your shady past, absolutely no one believes you. Investigations will return guilty on you and you will be revealed as scum upon your death. Due to your shady connections, you are unable to be killed by scum, they are your friends. Unfortunately the vig is not a friend of yours.

You win with the town.

-------------

Congratulations you are Tom Cruise

You have almost everything anyone could possibly want, yet you are as insane as Britney Spears. You don't do anything interesting and make a fool of yourself often. You've been called a jester a lot recently and it got to you, you've decided to show everyone how much of a Jester you are. You win when lynched.

------------

Congratulations you are Britney Spears

You had almost everything anyone could want, yet threw it all away and went crazy. Now all you want is to die. You win if lynched.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #829 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Nemesis »

Shanba wrote:You are a Conspiracy Theorist.
You win with town. You know that exactly 3 statements in this Role PM are true.
Done.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #840 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Andycyca wrote:
MBF wrote:It only takes one vote to lynch you. You win if you survive.
Indeed a difficult role
Especially considering the guilty results and the lack of being able to do anything useful at 2-1 LyLo.

'You win if you survive the Random Voting Stage' would be hard enough.

But a couple of 1 vote = lynch roles would be fun to put into a game.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #861 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Nemesis »

That zombie role owns. I'd love to see that in a game.

It could get so very very nasty though.

If he gets an SK's win condition, a miller's 'ability', etc.

The luckiest guy could get an awesomely powerful role, the unluckiest guy could get the worst role ever.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #877 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Nemesis »

[quote="kuribo"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]You are
Oprah Winfrey
. In order to win, you need to talk. And talk thou shall. You most post at least 20 sentences each day, and this game should always be the thread where you last posted. Each post must contain 20 sentences. If you don't satisfy the mod, you'll die. You win when you live[/quote]

You are
Oprah Winfrey
. You are one of the richest people in America. Every day, you must give away fabulous gifts to the other townies in order to flaunt your wealth without seeming like you're bragging.[/quote]

I've seen a similar role somewhere. The gifts had to be things no normal person would actually want or be able to care for. An example would be an army of dolphins.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #893 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:29 am

Post by Nemesis »

Why is Nekka being replied to seriously?

He wrote:
Actually, there is such thing as the 6 hour sleep thing
Mirth wrote:
Bastard mod note: We all know that there's no such thing as that fabled 8 hours of sleep thing. So the dice are loaded so that 6 is the absolute maximum.
I conclude Nekka was agreeing with your note and he forgot what he was doing halfway through his post.

Anyway Mirth, how many games do you have to mod before you can run the game you were talking about at the bottom of post 841?
-------------------

You are a role made up as an afterthought.

You could have been made up for numbers, to help someone seem like they wern't spamming or simply for the hell of it. As a result of this you arn't balanced and don't make sense. You cannot claim, fakeclaim or hint at your role because people won't believe you and you'll be mod killed. As you don't even fit into this game, you will be shown as a decultifier upon your death, despite there being no cult.

You are required to target someone each night but since you wern't given proper thought, it is unclear if it will even do anything. You win with the town.

Mod note: Targetting people will cult them, they will form a seperate cult with no knowledge of their cult leader.

Mod note #2: Also a miller.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #899 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:59 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Mirth wrote: Er...at least 1. But it has to be a non-bastard setup. and I frankly have racked my brain and can't think of any. because my brain doesn't work like that. (what fun is it for the mod if the players have some vague clue of what they're supposed to be doing? or a large chance of winning? really? I just want to sit back and watch you all suffer through crappy roles)

I'm thinking of just writing a half assed setup or something. Something like 4 mafia, 1 sk, 1 watcher, 1 cop. Make one of the scum a forced doctor such that he has to protect townies. Dont really know about balancing games that are actually supposed to be possible to win.

As for your role, isnt that kind of like the uncharismatic cult leader in in Worst Role Ever Mafia?
LOL. I feel for you.

I didn't notice. I'm sure I don't read bastard games enough, I've forgotten the role and my search isn't working so I can't see the likeness. But I'm unsure whether or not to take it as a compliment. On one hand, it was a bad enough role to make it into a worst role ever game... On the other hand, it was good enough to make it into a game.

Edit: Wow, there's a wiki page on Worst Roles Ever and Hypnotist does sound like the cult leader I made...

Oh and there's a link to the thread in the OP.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #904 (isolation #20) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Mirth wrote: Congratulations! You are
a flying baby that shoots people
. Nevermind the fact that you're a bastardization of a mythological figure that has inspired some of the most wonderful works of art ever, or that your supposed power is akin to the sideeffects of Rohypnol and other date rapes drugs combined with a smidgen of brain washing, a couple of pinches of elimination of free will, and a sprinkle of "men are only playthings for you to amuse yourself with." We'll overlook all this for now. Since society decided that you are the ultimate match-maker, the ultimate matchmaker you shall be.

Everynight, you will send me the names of two people who you wish to shoot with your arrows. If your aim is true, they will fall in love with one another and all be happiness and bliss. You win when *every* player is a monogamous relationships with one other player, there is no unrequited love around, and no threats to this perfect harmony remain. No night actions work on you, but you may be lynched.

Bastard mod note: throw this role into a game where there are polygamous or cheating lovers. Or better yet, throw this role into a game of cynics who will be immune. Or cannibals that eat babies. (If you don't want to add this bit of bastardry, it is still impossible to Cupid to fulfill his win condition. Every player includes him, and since no night actions work on him, he can't have any success shooting himself.)
I love that role. Although he can win, I think... I have had no sleep, so I should probably proof read before I post... Cupid can win by having everyone but him in a monogamous relationship then getting himself lynched.

It is the solution to Jester... You have just created Jester +1.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #1000 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Nemesis »

Yosarian2 wrote:You are a
backstabber
. You can daykill someone if in their very last post have specifically said that they trust you. You win with the town.
This is a beautiful role. I'd like to see it in games.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #1046 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Nemesis »

windkirby wrote:"People will start finding you annoying." What fun!
I've been lynched for that.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”