Scummies Ideas, Suggestions and Comments Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #768 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I am posting to register a "do not like" regarding the dropping of the team awards. I think those awards are beneficial to the spirit of cooperation and community that takes place in many MS games, and that I've loved in many of the games I've played at MS, whether my team won or not.

I realize that there is a lot of work involved in judging the Scummies, and people unhappy with the discontinuance of these awards should probably make a commitment to help in that regard if needed. The year I volunteered, I semi-flaked after my dad's terminal cancer diagnosis, and wasn't able to get back to the games my group was assigned until that December. At which time I learned I'd been removed from the judging group without notification or query as to why I'd been quiet.

I'm posting that explanation mostly because I don't want my "do not like" to be disregarded because I'm all criticism and no volunteerism.

I'll be happy to volunteer again, whenever needed, and I hope I never have another year like 2014 in terms of unexpected but lengthy family crises.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #770 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:55 am

Post by fferyllt »

I knew what I was asking for when I made my post. I know what my participation generally looked like, though I don't have the ability to actually review it. My point mostly was that as someone who would like to see the awards continue, I'm willing to put my time where my interests are, and to assure you guys that I am not anything resembling a habitual flake. I was pretty upset with myself about the scummy judging, and contacted UT about it and apologized as soon as I discovered I'd been removed.

I've read the explanations for why the committee removed the team awards. I think the awards are worth the hassle personally, because I think encouraging and rewarding cohesive behavior from teams results in better-played games, and in overall better atmosphere in games.

My offer to help stands. I seriously doubt I'll ever have another personal year like 2014, and if I do, I won't repeatedly kid myself about getting to things in a couple weeks.

If people are by and large ok with or indifferent about these changes then this thread will attest to that.

If I (and others) don't actually come here and say "do not like", then you guys are making decisions in a vacuum that is not of your devising.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #772 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:15 am

Post by fferyllt »

I don't agree with the rebuttal. :/

And that is why I've posted.

Now you know. Thanks for listening.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #775 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:11 am

Post by fferyllt »

That wasn't my goal.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to misrepresent you. My memories and impressions of that month are no doubt out of whack.

The feedback is that I think the group scummies are beneficial to the site and have helped shape the way the game is played here.

I'll leave it at that. Sorry I didn't keep it to that to begin with.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #802 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I'm more than a little horrified that you think I would intentionally lie about something, rather than there being some kind of horrible disconnect or misunderstanding. But, it does help put your and UT's posts into context, and I've been struggling, especially with UT's post.

This thread isn't the place to try to sort through it, and I'm very, very sorry that I even mentioned 2014. My reason for mentioning it was that I wanted you guys to know that I was willing to do more than just ask you reconsider the award - I was willing to help, and I wanted to assure you that it wouldn't be a repeat of 2014. And, as I said, I didn't want you to just dismiss my opinion out of hand because "lol flake".

I found out that I'd been removed the first week I was home after 6 months away taking care of my dad. I looked for the judging threads in my ego search and couldn't find them. I assumed it was some kind of glitch, because you guys hadn't told me you were removing me. Or maybe you did tell me, in a thread that I didn't see? I asked chamber if there was an access problem when I couldn't find the threads or the forum.

He told me what he knew, and I felt terrible about it.

If you say I should have known why I didn't have access, I'll agree with you. Some other time with less hell going on in my life, I wouldn't have needed to figure it out because it never would have happened. I feel very strongly about finishing things that I commit to, and it bothered me a lot that I let the judging slip like that.

Anyway, very sincere apology, UT. I have a ton of respect for you and I felt terrible reading your post. I almost PMed you rather than posting the earlier apology here, but the offense was public and I wanted the apology to be public as well.

Idic

Return to “Mafia Discussion”