New Normal Guidelines - April 2017 update!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #162 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:29 am

Post by chamber »

A gunsmith that operates like that may or may not be normal, but is certainly bad design. It's bad design for the same reason things like framers/paranoid cops/insane cops are bad; when you get a guilty it's the right move to lynch them, even when that guilty isn't certain, it's still much more certain than reads are.
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #164 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:41 am

Post by chamber »

If you catch someone in an apparent lie you are going to lynch them. Period. That you get fucked by the mod defining a gunsmith differently than you do will just be chance.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #167 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:15 am

Post by chamber »

In post 165, Ether wrote:Could you spell out an example?

To be clear, I don't want gunsmiths to go back to the way they were...or, not exactly. What I'm pushing for is for mods to just say outright, "All vanilla townies get a negative result, all mafia get a positive result, and town power roles could go either way." Which I don't think tricks anybody. It's taking what they were to its logical extreme--but an extreme that
is
perfectly logical, I think.

I think your 'vanilla town cop' or w/e you want to call it is a fine idea. It should be definitive and separate from talk of gunsmith or gunsmith like roles though.

As for an example, I get a guilty, get the guy run up without claiming, he claims doc, I call bullshit and lynch him, oops in the mods mind docs carry guns.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #184 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:47 am

Post by chamber »

Hider is just a poorly designed role. It's like a cop that has a built in doc protecting it.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”