Newbie Setup (Matrix6 implemented)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #502 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by Mina »

I agree with Ether and petroleumjelly. Even leaving aside the arguments over whether two ICs per game provide a better newbie game experience, I remember that the number of ICs per game was reduced from two to one
solely
because there weren't enough of them volunteering to accommodate all the newbies. And lots of people were disappointed by the change. It would be one thing if two ICs meant the queue grinded to a halt because the ratio of newbies to ICs was too high. But as long as actual newbies aren't getting shoved out of the game or forced to wait an unreasonably long time, what's the harm in adding a second IC?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #824 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:12 am

Post by Mina »

In post 820, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:But I've also told Mina previously that I'm willing to help trying to design a better set-up if she sets up a PT with some other smart set-up designers.

I'd wanted to do newbie surveys first, so as to confirm that people were getting confused by the set-up in real life and not just in my imagination. Otherwise, I was afraid of investing too much time into solving a problem we don't have and then confirmation-biasing ourselves.
Reminder #22566 that I need to do newbie surveys.
I have no issue starting this PT if people want it, though, as long as there's no guarantee we use whatever design it comes up with.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”