Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #45 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 41, xRECKONERx wrote:And, like I said... when more traffic is coming from those avenues, of course we won't keep up. Trying to use the site right now on a mobile platform is an exercise in futility.

I don't have a problem with using the site on my mobile, why do others?
Are people trying to use the mobile "orientated" themes or some rubbish? I guess I've never really tried them, but the normal theme is fine for what I do.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:03 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I still rather use the full site on websites that have the option. Although I could be lying, the last site I frequented that had the option was before I got my smartphone.
They upgraded everything and I no longer like it as much, but to be fair I was losing interest in it beforehand.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 57, Vi wrote:I agree that would be interesting, but unless it looks exceptionally shiny I don't think that's going to get new people in the door. The people who care about that sort of thing are generally well-established (and create vanity pages on the wiki) and aren't likely to quit because it's not there. Like, if you had a 100% win rate or only ever drew Town once that would be something really cool that you could show your friends, but statistically speaking most people aren't going to get that.

Which friends am I meant to be showing off my 100% scum record to?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #296 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I'll make a comment about a possible survey at the end of the game when it's time for me to run my next newbie, see if anyone notices there so they're not caught by surprise.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #433 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I think I ventured out of the newbie queue during night 3 of my first game, and was always checking for more posts in it rather than elsewhere.

I originally started mafia with a 1-3:1 day phase and found ms's at the time 3-week deadlines to be much beret (i don't think the game ever went to deadline though) I once tried going back yip my old site, but it was still the same as when I left it of not really doing anything and just choosing someone at random to lynch. While I haven't experienced the game in a short deadline format where we needed the whole community playing to get the size games that were generally wanted, I just can't see those working.

I think there's is something to do with being on the other side of the world to most people that play here, but I never feel there's enough time for posting in anything less than two week deadlines, although I've rather not actually get near deadline ending. I've played a few that went as 10:1, the deadline always crept up on me.

Also if we change the newbie deadline, it's going to end up reaching the while site, when it was brought down from 3, I still thought that the default elsewhere was 3, even if that was something that changed in reverse.
It night not happen straight away, but it will in 5 months when those newbies get their opportunities to mod.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #437 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 436, Flubbernugget wrote:I'm still in favor of mods being more liberal with the deadlines of their games.

Newboes are still the only place that restricts what can be done. (well normals would probably reject if you went too low)
The only reason for newbies having it is because we want all newbies to have the same formatting. The amount that are slowed flavor had increased, although I think that may actually just be game titles, as numbers are easier to forget.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #525 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

YOu just need more typoes. VOTE: works just as well! I assume on the coding front anyway, I know it does for making /UNVOTE: appear.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #547 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

##Vote: people
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #613 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:17 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I blame the amount of /ego posts that happen whenever a new sticky thread appears. They just put it in the ego and then never join the games.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”